Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Into the Obscure (A Dark Extraplanar Adventure)

Game Master Halflingtime

The terrible plane of Abaddon lies in wait...


551 to 600 of 3,490 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

Drovya slashes once more at the downed Cacodaemon, being well aware of the creatures propensity to recover from their wounds.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 3 + 3 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 3 + 3 + 1 - 2 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 4 - 2 = 10

And stay down! he growls.

Drovya then moves forward to engage the second Cacodaemon, attempting to flank it with Talon if possible.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Because the percentile dice ruled it, Petrova can act normally, however, a five-foot step will not grant flanking to anyone from where she is. Also, she is no longer sickened. Unless told otherwise in the next day, I will rule that attack was for the petitioner in front of her.


AC/Touch/FF: 21/16/16; F/R/W: +6/+9/+4 Max HP 47; Current HP 47
The Elusive Trout wrote:
Because the percentile dice ruled it, Petrova can act normally, however, a five-foot step will not grant flanking to anyone from where she is. Also, she is no longer sickened. Unless told otherwise in the next day, I will rule that attack was for the petitioner in front of her.

That's fine. She'll take a five foot step towards a flanking position for a subsequent round. Sorry, I saw the confusion effect but when I went to post had forgotten about it. Thanks for rolling for me.


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 76/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

Giant Talon will strike at the cacodaemon between him and Drovya.

Power Attack
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

2d6 + 17 ⇒ (6, 3) + 17 = 26


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Group Talon

Petrova's next attack did considerably more damage than the last, slicing into her foe's stomach, though not with enough depth to the cut to seal the deal. That being said, she began to move in the direction of the vulnadaemon, whose primary target still seemed to be the large fighter.

At the same time, Talon's scythe flew into the cacodaemon with a vengeance, causing foul blood to mar the blade. Again, however, the thing wasn't entirely dead, and in retaliation, it flew up to bite at the man's neck, sinking its miniscule teeth into an unarmored area close to the ear. Three more damage, saved against poison.

The petioner next to Petrova took pulled a morningstar off his belt and lunged at her, bleeding soulstuff out of his wound. He missed her, however, as her natural dexterity enabled her to dodge.
The blinded petitioner continued to scramble away on the ground until she reached the wall, where she pulled herself to her feet and began to blink the dust out of her eyes.

The vulnadaemon continued to attack Talon, its first attack again rending into his leg(although the other one, this time. Instead of the pain being spread out, this single slice caused a great deal of agnoy at once. The second swing produced nothing, but the creature's bite again became a nuisance, ripping a hole in his trousers and an iota of flesh with it.The first hit was a crit. All damage in tow, we're looking at 17. Holy crap. You've taken twenty damage this turn.

Team Arasmes
Yes, Kanthuun. You're there now. You all are. In the order I stated last page.:D


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Drovya moved to attack the next Cacodaemon after killing the one he had been attacking.
Sorry, I had company


Male Half Elf Rogue 8 (HP 51/51; AC 23/15/18; F+6, R+14, W+5 (+2 trap, enchant, fear), Init +5, Per +13 (+4 trap))

Okay, I'm not sure what the battlefield looks like, so I hope this works.

Hanethes draws his blade and charges at the flank of an enemy already engaged.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 + 3d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 2) = 13 sneak attack if it applies.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Hanethes would have to enter the small entrance, first, and then he could move again, but charging requires line of sight, and there is nothing immediately visible. The vulnadaemon is behind a heavily bleeding Talon(whose space is being shared by a wounded cacodaemon), and the vulnadaemon can be reached, but the closest enemy to the door would be the female petitioner. You could reach and threaten her or the male petitioner engaging Petrova, but the other enemies are dead or unreachable. However, I'd say you made it to the side of the enemy engaging the Shadow Dancer, if not corrected. That's two move actions.
The other available attack positions are next to the female petitioner. Occupying them will not provoke, but one is adjacent to the vulnadaemon.


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

Drovya focuses and evokes the power of the storm, the scent of ozone fills the confines of the tree as lightning crackles between Black Ivan's twin blades.

Defensively Cast shocking grasp (DC 17): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

The half elf moves to flank and lashes out with a vicious cut at the Vulnadaemon.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 4 + 3 + 1 - 2 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 4 + 3 + 1 - 2 + 3 + 2 = 30 +3 to attack opponent wielding metal weapon per shocking grasp spell description, +2 flank.
Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 3 + 4 + 3 + 1 - 2 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 4 + 3 + 1 - 2 + 3 + 2 = 20

Damage: 2d8 + 14 - 2 + 10d6 - 10 ⇒ (6, 3) + 14 - 2 + (5, 6, 5, 3, 1, 4, 2, 5, 3, 4) - 10 = 49


Male Human (Keleshite) Inquisitor 6

Arasmes, seeing the Daemons, drops his scimitar and draws his silver mace, he enters the battle, attempting to aid his endangered comrades.

Knowledge (Planes) on, well, we'll go the Vulnadaemon, but really, just Daemons in general to get the Silver vulnerability 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

That should do it.

Moving up to the spot adjacent to both the vulnadaemon (if it still exists) and the female petitioner with a double-move, and drawing his mace...since it's silver.


Male Half Elf Rogue 8 (HP 51/51; AC 23/15/18; F+6, R+14, W+5 (+2 trap, enchant, fear), Init +5, Per +13 (+4 trap))

Hanethes will double move to flank the female petitioner.


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

Kanthuun stays back a few squares like a good little sorcerer and casts Enlarge Person with his (readied) wand on Arasmes.

"Go get 'em!" he shouts encouragingly.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Kanthuun, unless Talon falls, the hollow cannot accommodate another large character. There's one occupyable space left from where you are next to a male petitioner, already engaging Petrova, and a single one in back you could reach this turn, next to Drovya until he moves.


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

Ah...Kanthuun casts Blur, then.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Alright, then. Now I just need Talon and Petrova to post, and we'll be where we need to be.


AC/Touch/FF: 21/16/16; F/R/W: +6/+9/+4 Max HP 47; Current HP 47

Petrova takes another five-foot step towards a flanking position, attacking the same petitioner.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 1 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 76/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

Giant Talon will fight through the pain and strike at the cacodaemon.

Power Attack
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

2d6 + 17 ⇒ (6, 4) + 17 = 27


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Hanethes and Arasmes joined the fray, flanking the female petitioner as she regained her senses, with the latter man pulling out his silvered weapon. The vulnadaemon hardly reacted, its lopsided face as expressive as that of the dead.

Allowing the usage of the blur spell in place of the readied action on Arasmes.Kanthuun stood at the entrance, having already cast blur on the inquisitor right before he entered. From this vantage point, the sorcerer could make out where Rogar had fallen, his prone form under one of Talon's massive, bleeding legs. Unfortunately, the violet gas was still able to affect him, and it did, leaving him woozy. Sickened condition, Kanthuun.

Petrova lithely sidestepped to be behind her foe through a newly-puffed cloud of gas, striking him yet again and forcing a cry of pain to fall from his lips. He was still alive, however, and growing more desperate by the second, something Kanthuun could easily notice from his position outside of melee combat.

Talon's vision was starting to darken from bloodlossThree points of damage, to be exact., and the world was starting to feel further and further away, but apparently the fighter would be damned before he failed to finish what he started, and his scythe came down one more time to cleave the cacodaemon in twain, the twin bits falling down inches apart to have their flesh dissolve away, leaving only a skeletal form and several shining, stone-like objects behind in the lower half. Unlike the first slain cacodaemon, which dissolved slowly and had nothing in its gullet.

The female petitioner flanked by Arasmes and Hanethes began to fully see her situation, and looked positively cowed as she reached for a concealed dagger and struck out at Hanethes, barely nicking his side. For such a small wound,it stung much more than it should have, and a trace of goo was left on his skin. Two damage to hp, and one point of constitution damage.

The male petitioner engaging Petrova placed his free hand around the weapon and laid into the woman's belly, knocking the wind out of her painfully. Seven damage, Petrova.

The vulnadaemon let out a low hum from its neck-maw as it moved to finish the fighter off. It would deal with Arasmes, but not until it was sure the brute before it was officially neutralized. While it tried to slice at the man twice and bite him as it did before, it only succeeded in one slash, but it was enough to finally rob the voracious man of consciousness, as it hit another artery.6 damage, which leaves Talon at -1 and dying.
Talon lurched forward, reverting to his natural size as he hit the ground, the scythe clattering out of his grasp.

Drovya responded in kind, moving past his fallen comrade to deliver a mighty, crackling blow that brought the fiend down in a single hit, much to the surprise of the two petitioners. Burnt, smoking, and robbed of its stolen blood by Black Ivan's edge,the thing collapsed into clods of ashes, with only the head remaining reasonably intact.

Absolutely terrified, the female petitioner dropped her poisoned weapon and knelt down in surrender, but her male counterpart kept his composure, somehow, and seemed as murderous as ever.


AC/Touch/FF: 21/16/16; F/R/W: +6/+9/+4 Max HP 47; Current HP 47

Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10

Petrova slices again into the male petitioner, wheezing through the pain of bruised ribs.

"Didn't your mother teach you it isn't nice to hit a lady?"


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

Talon! Drovya cries out as the big man falls, Someone help him!

Drovya rushes to the gas-belching canal where the third cacodaemon disappeared as he winds his kaftan around his face in a makeshift mask, hoping to ward off the worst of the poisonous fume.

There's still another cacodaemon around here somewhere!

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Male Human (Keleshite) Inquisitor 6

Arasmes gestures and murmurs a prayer to his Goddess, halting Talon's bleeding and casting around him for the cacodaemon.

Casting Stabilize on Talon.

Perception check to find the daemon 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26


Male Half Elf Rogue 8 (HP 51/51; AC 23/15/18; F+6, R+14, W+5 (+2 trap, enchant, fear), Init +5, Per +13 (+4 trap))

Hanethes switches his focus to the male petitioner who still seemed a threat. (not sure where he is)

If he's adjacent or within 5 feet, Hanethes moves 5 feet, distracts him with a passive thrust, and swings for the kill.

Feint
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

Attack
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 and 3d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 5) = 9 if flat-footed.

Otherwise, Hanethes moves and attacks the male petitioner.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

Kanthuun coughs and sways, but gestures and speaks words of power at the petitioner.

Grease on the male petitioner's weapon.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Hanethes moved to attack the male petitioner, the stinging in his side subsiding. He felt his dueling sword connect, but the petitioner gave no sign of feeling pain.

Arasmes, meanwhile, stooped down to multitask, urging the dawnflower for a release from death's grasp for his friend. What was normally an easy orison took a great deal of energy, as the amount of bleeding that had to be halted was a veritable mess. Once the wounds scabbed over and Talon's breathing returned to normal, the inquisitor looked about, hoping to find the alleged third cacodaemon, but had no luck in this endeavor.

Kanthuun cast his spell at the stubborn male petitioner, making the morningstar all but impossible to hold. The weapon fell to the floor.

"Blast! Adrig! Get up and help me, you stupid bi-," the petitioner began to call to his compatriot, only to be quipped at and stabbed by Petrova, an action that, at long last, managed to leave him on the ground on the verge of dying a second time, but from what had been seen, Petrova knew better than to leave him as is, as his wounds would likely close and he would get up.

Drovya made his way over to the opening the cacodaemon flew up into, but couldn't find anything, either. It seemed the wretched thing had escaped.

Adrig, as her name could now be inferred, hid her face in her hands and rocked back and forth, waiting for obliteration.


AC/Touch/FF: 21/16/16; F/R/W: +6/+9/+4 Max HP 47; Current HP 47

Petrova will coup de grace the downed petitioner.

2d6 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (6, 3) + 8 + 2 = 19

"That's for using the 'b' word."

Looking up at the others, she says, "I swear. Proper chivalry seems to be falling from fashion on every plane."


Male Human (Keleshite) Inquisitor 6

Arasmes looks directly at the rocking woman and speaks calmly but coldly, and with authority "Tell us what happened here and why. Now." while simultaneously pulling out his healing wand to use on his fallen comrade, and touchingt it to his gaping wound.

Intimidate check to make the woman talk 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

Cure Light Wounds Wand on Talon 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Petrova ended the man's sentient existence quickly, and the discorporation followed immediately, leaving only equipment and tattered clothes behind.

Talon regained consciousness, his head buzzing. There was some measure of pain, but mostly, the fighter's body just felt incredibly heavy.And back to one hp for you.

Adrig stopped rocking and turned to face her confronter, eyes still flashing with primal fear.
"She told me to b-bring one of you here, she sent Gyrusa to wait and she set up an ambush with Nilz, Dogga, Hreft, and Umarr."the petitioner stammered, her gaze falling on the smoking remains of the vulnadaemon whenever she mentioned the name 'Gyrusa', "With the u-understanding that Gyrusa would take one of us if I.. if I failed. She said that you had a way out of here... that your kind usually do, and... she would grant us shelter, before our time was...," Adrig pulled her tattered shirt down to expose a shoulder, as if to explain. A seperate shape was starting to emerge out of it, like some sort of fiendish tumor. It resembled a cacodaemon, and had a working eye within that reeled around wildly.
"We were due for another inspection, and w-we couldn't just run, the plane would have us... and we'd taken adventurers before, all of us, but we'd never found a way out. If we could just seperate you, pick you off one by one, she'd help us 'til the change was done, and.. she'd have a way out to your world."

Her eyes flicked over to Rogar's fallen form; she knew better than to expect forgiveness. She didn't want it. However, the last glimmers of humanity held some sway, and there was a glimmer of something that looked like regret.
"The dwarf was an oddly good man. .. he came here b-because I told him a half-truth. I said Yaghen's daughter was here, on the verge of starvation, refusing to eat, and liable to be killed if seen by anyone else. She really d-did hide here... and perish here... but that is over and done with,"

Maintaining eye contact, Adrig made a statement more coherent than her blabbering before.
"You've seen this town. We're changing... and even if we weren't, this settlement can't possibly last. The daemons know this. She said it was a game to let us stay here, but I.. we.. the group of us, we were chosen... even as she grows bored, we needn't die with the rest. One of the messengers got away, though. I'll be disposed of, she'll get her way, but... I don't want to die."


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 76/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

"Okay, so being large and in charge isn't all its cracked up to be." Talon puts a hand to his head. He stands up and listens to the woman's sob story. "I can't imagine what it's like to be you right now. But you sold out a good dwarf, and for what? Do you even know what kind of help you would have gotten?" Talon looks to his comrades for their thoughts.


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

"You must accept your fate, Adrig." The skin of Kanthuun's arms ripples slightly as if tiny creatures run underneath it. "Chao--ah, all this, everything, is about creation and destruction. You are here to be consumed, or turn into a consumer. Neither is acceptable. Choose the third path. End your existence, and pass onward to a place none of us understand."

He looks at Rogar's fallen form. "At least you, unlike our friend, will have a choice. May he go where the currents take him."


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

Drovya curses at the escape of the final cacodaemon. Damned thing is probably rushing off to find something bigger and nastier to bring down on our heads. He continues to peer down the exit, although he knows the creature is long gone or too well hidden for him to find.

I am assuming that this is some sort of tunnel that leads out of the tree or something like that. Could you describe it a little more, I just want to make sure I've examined it as thoroughly as I can before I give up.

As for this creature... he motions to Adrig, She would not be here if she had lived a good life. But she will tell us what she knows, or so help me, Black Ivan will feast on her miserable excuse for a soul. He brandishes the blade menacingly.

Aid Another(Intimidate): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

Now, Adrig, which of the cacodaemons fed on Rogar? He gestures to the soul gems. And please, lie to us. Give me an excuse...


Male Human (Keleshite) Inquisitor 6

Arasmes holds up a hand at Drovya's words, but his tone is still cold "I'm sure this woman would be pleased to give us that information, there's no true need for threats...So, tell us."
*
*
*
After her answer, he shakes his head, a bit sadly and speaks surprisingly gently and gestures at Kanthuun "I'm afraid I must disagree with my friend here, killing yourself isn't truly an escape, as it simply makes you a part of this place for eternity."

His tone becomes more serious, almost analytical as he continues "You say you don't want to die, and I certainly sympathize, who does? But you have little choice as long as you remain what you are. Become one of them and lose yourself, or be consumed completely in one fashion or another. Your only other choice is to choose a different path completely, to change the way you live and what you live for. You could change yourself enough and escape the dark cycle of this place entirely...though that's a hard road indeed, and perhaps dying is a better, simpler, path for you..."

Sense Motive to make sure she's being honest 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

Diplomacy to sell her on the idea of change as a way out 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

And continuing to heal Talon, using at least three more charges of the Wand 3d8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2, 8) + 3 = 16


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Drovya, the passages belting gas are just a little wider than a human head. It is hard to make things out with the gas in the way, and what can be seen is just decayed wood, but it is easy to discern that the tunnels aren't straight. They are organic, and thus curve around. After the initial several feet, the thing twists to the right. The tree is enormous, and it would take over a day to find all of the potential escape routes from these flumes, especially if the cacodaemons connected them somehow, creating a veritable labyrinth.

Adrig began her responses by first giving a heavy, shaking sigh and stating the obvious.
"You... y-you're not soul brokers...,"This didn't have any real effect on her fear of their martial prowess-the woman was still quite intimidated in as much as she knew the group could kill her at any given time (and they'd every reason to!).

Talon's initial reply to her spiel had invoked little to no reaction beyond that she'd already given (with the exception of a slight darkening of the face in response to the last bit), but Kanthuun's brought a spark of irritated recognition, as it was a speech she'd heard many a time before from Gant and his followers. Drovya's threat was expected, but the concern behind it would not have been, if the party's true nature had not been revealed. Arasmes' words were comforting, if not too pretty for all practicality's sake. Her soul was marked, and hunting her would be exceptionally easy, even if she defected.

"With my failure here, th-there can be no hope for me, even if you don't take my life, I.. I know, but there is some c-consolation for you."she looked to Drovya. "Your friend's soul has passed naturally... you came in time."
Arasmes senses that this is the truth, and anyone else can, too, with a DC 20 Sense Motive check. The behavior of the second cacodaemon in battle indicated this, too.

"That you would e-even try... to offer redemption is... unthinkable. " Adrig relented, looking to the ground. Even as she spoke, her dark patron could seek her out, using the nascent cacodaemon as a sensor. The woman pulled her shirt back up in an instant.
"-and I am endangering you even now. The closest thing I can do.. to what you would ask of me... still requires that I... that I.... fulfill the only destiny of my own choosing."
If only she could hear herself; she sounded like the people she'd always hated the most... but she had to act whilst her will was her own, before the paranoia and contempt of her everyday existence reasserted its hold.

She reached for her fallen weapon, but this time drew it inwards, her intent clear as day. Death could be the only redemption.
And she's not just doing this to be dramatic. This action isn't slow or drawn out in any way, but the PCs may intervene if they so choose.


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 76/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

Talon steps in and takes her weapon away while stowing his."I'm not so sure about redemption. But with what you've done, you're going to help us. You don't get out that easily. We're new here and we need a guide."


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

Drovya shakes his head. She will betray us the first chance she gets. And even if she does not, she has said herself, she is a beacon for the powers of this place. Let her end herself. Keeping her alive, if you can even call it that, is cruel, and will only make our task all the harder.

He looks to Kanthuun. I take it we still need to find the wayfinder...


Male Half Elf Rogue 8 (HP 51/51; AC 23/15/18; F+6, R+14, W+5 (+2 trap, enchant, fear), Init +5, Per +13 (+4 trap))

Hanethes holds a hand to his stinging side.

"I hope that weapon was not poisoned."


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

"We need to find the...yes," says Kanthuun. "This town feels more and more like a trap. Let us find its trail and not tarry."


AC/Touch/FF: 21/16/16; F/R/W: +6/+9/+4 Max HP 47; Current HP 47

Petrova grabs the head of the vulnadaemon in one hand as well as stuffing the soul gems in her pocket.

"They might come in handy," she says by way of explanation.


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 76/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

"I suppose you're right. Though we don't really know where we're going, do we?"


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

Drovya takes the bag of holding from Rogar's belt and places the dwarf's corpse inside it before placing it into his own backpack.

I'll not leave him here. He deserves a burial in the holy ground of his church, or his people. He looks at Arasmes and Talon, then at the female petitioner, then shakes his head. Do as you will, but don't say I didn't warn you. Better to finish it now. Cleaner too.

He walks out of the tree and retrieves a pearl of power from his belt pouch before concentrating on the small orb, then returning it to the pouch.

Pearl of Power:

Restore shocking grasp as a memorized spell.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

The petitioner blinked, staring at Talon like he'd grown a second head(or something worse, judging by where the party was). She shook it off, though, and her shoulder made a hissing sound.

"The weapon was poisoned," Adrig admitted to Hanethes, her voice hollow and resigned. "But not too potently, if your health i-is good... b..bogslime. You seem to be... fine, now..."
Surely enough, the stinging came to an end, leaving only a lingering ache that would fade in a few minutes.

She brought herself to her feet, but jerked immediately when she heard Drovya mention the wayfinder (even with Kanthuun's recovery).
"S-so, you... you did have what she wanted...?"she stammered before cursing loudly. If Adrig heard it, she may have heard it. "Or s-something else important,or you would be g-gone... right?"

"D-don't answer me...Don't answer." Adrig instructed, pacing while wiping away invisible things like a pesh junkie in withdrawal.
"I will... guide you, as best I can, but kill me b-before you find it, p-please. D-don't let me see it...Don't speak of important things so that I may hear. You deserve better, and I would b-betray you."

She started towards the exit, though slowly. The party made her feel safe, in a bitter twist of irony, and she'd rather die at their hands or her own than any of her dark patron's servants (less chance of being eaten).

"Staying here i-is bad. W-we must not stay in one place for too long." she said, before turning to face the party. "Or I.. I could take you to Gant... She hates him, and he... it might be... a safe place..."

The petitioners left some decent loot behind, including a masterworked bastard sword, a dagger, two shortbows, thirty-five arrows, four suits of ragged leather armor, a silver locket, three longswords, 589 gold, 24 silver, and 12 copper. In addition, there is a beautiful uncut black gemstone that would require further appraisal. A DC 30 Appraise or Knowledge the Planes check would recognize this as a 'faultgem', a rare stone formed in the deep caverns of the outter planes, and that it is worth close to 2000 gold pieces in this state alone. If worked, it could be worth up to four times as much.


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 76/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

"She's right. We should at least keep moving. But where to?" Talon packs up what he can such as the money and weapons.


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

"Back the way I and the others came."

He looks at the petitioner. "She cannot come with us."


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

Drovya steps back inside and casts detect magic on the spoils of battle as he accepts his share of the coin.

Knowledge(arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Yes, Kanthuun, Arasmes, Hanethes, lead us back to where you were tracking the... item.

Fair shares on the coin are 98 gold, 4 silver, 2 copper. If anything detects as magical, we can divvy that up based on merit/who benefits most. Sound good? There's also like 1200 gold in Rogar's bag of holding. Drovya doesn't know about it because he hasn't rooted through the bag, but I just wanted everyone to know so no one thought I was trying to steal loot.


Male Half Elf Rogue 8 (HP 51/51; AC 23/15/18; F+6, R+14, W+5 (+2 trap, enchant, fear), Init +5, Per +13 (+4 trap))

Hanethes glances over the treasure.

"I agree. Back to find the item. I hope it will be relatively easy to find."

Appraise
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

He tries to trace their steps back to where they were searching for the wayfinder, and looks again hard for any type of clue as to the nature of the thievery.

Perception(20)
20 + 10 = 30


Male Human (Keleshite) Inquisitor 6

Arasmes nods at Kanthuun reasonably, then turns to the Petitioner and speaks kindly "While your offer of aid is appreciated, and some directions to this 'Gant' might well be useful, my companions are understandably reluctant to accept your company. Nor do you need ours to change your path, and our journey is likely to be dangerous, even aside from the possibility of us killing you as you request. It would seem best to me for all of us that we go our separate ways. If you wish to be trusted, find some new folk, start fresh, and be worthy of trust. It's never too late to begin again."

He looks over the loot, and accepts his share with equanimity, taking a quick look at the valuable gem as well, and speaks to the group again "Indeed, let us be off."

Knowledge (Planes) on the gem because why not? 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Diplomacy to convince the petitioner 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12


AC/Touch/FF: 21/16/16; F/R/W: +6/+9/+4 Max HP 47; Current HP 47

"Who is Gant?"


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

I also forgot to add the morningstar, which is magical (it is a +1 morningstar). Other than that, the loot is all mundane

Adrig blinked, the fear for herself welling up again, but she was unarmed, and she couldn't blame the adventurers for denying her healp.

"G-gant is.. well, one could call him the leader, here. He's the one who f-found the core for the shielding sconce... He's also the one that decides when we.. are culled. He is v-very old, but he t-talks like that one-," she pointed to Kanthuun.
"He is the s-strongest of us, a-and he sees things we d-don't. She called him her.. her 'opponent' in the game I just mentioned."

Following this description, the petitioner gave directions to Gant's dwelling, which was, in itself, on a third story (And I mean literally on, as this conglomeration of houses is more like stacked blocks on a single dugout foundation) of a building that resembled a bunch of stacked, rotting crates, connected by ladders and ramps of scrap wood from the jungle nearby. Gant's abode wasn't particularly marked, it differed only in the material wood's patternings, stage in rot, and the lean of the two-roomed shack, and Adrig gave the sequence of doors that needed to be passed to reach the proper door along with such specifics before taking her leave.

And Hanethes, you brought the others back to the area next to the window with the fluttering, ratted curtain after all this? Just checking to make sure that's what you're looking at before I give that awesome perception check my full attention. Oh, that, and I need to know if you guys split up again.


AC/Touch/FF: 21/16/16; F/R/W: +6/+9/+4 Max HP 47; Current HP 47

No, no more splitting up. First, they track the auras, then try this Gant guy if they can't find it on their own. Is it still raining outside the shield?


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Yes.


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

Who wants the morningstar? +1 B & P is kind of nice.

Drovya follows Hanethes, making sure to stay close to the party.

Is Talon all healed up?

551 to 600 of 3,490 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / TEE's Into the Obscure (A Dark Extraplanar Adventure) Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.