Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Into the Obscure (A Dark Extraplanar Adventure) (Inactive)

Game Master Daxter

The terrible plane of Abaddon lies in wait...


501 to 550 of 3,502 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

"The fastest, best tracker should go after the Wayfinder," says Kanthuun. "That is a small item and it will be taken speedily and secreted somewhere. Rogar, on the other hand, is doughty, in armor, and a dwarven paladin. He will be hard to apprehend and so we may capture his captors, or seducers, or whatever they may be. Although I'm not sure what entices a dwarven paladin...a holy symbol made of mithral? Is he a dwarven teetotaler?"

Kanthuun gets distracted as usual, but then focuses on his old caravan partner. "Arasmes. We don't have a ranger, so you'll have to do. You are good at tracking and can detect dweomers."

"Unless, of course, we all want to run after the 'finder, and leave Rogar to the lovely maidens of Abbadontown."


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 44/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

"I think I can handle tracking down Rogar if we want to split up. And since I'm no good with magic, it'll free Arasmes up to hunt down the wayfinder. Shouldn't be too hard to find a walking suit of full plate here."


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

"However we split, I can make sure that five of us can speak messages to each other at a distance," says Kanthuun.

"I owe it to myself to help retrieve the Wayfinder," he continues. "While I am not fast, I have ways of slowing others down." He wiggles the fingers of one hand, and an eerie gelatinous substance appears for a moment and then winks away.


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 44/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

"So how do we want to split? You go after the way finder and I go after Rogar. Any volunteers either way?"


Male Human (Keleshite) Inquisitor 6

Arasmes nods reasonably "Well, I'm apparently with you, Kanthuun, as each group needs a tracker. I think we need a third, and Talon a second. So, who do you other two wish to go with?"


Male Half Elf Rogue 8 (HP 51/51; AC 23/15/18; F+6, R+14, W+5 (+2 trap, enchant, fear), Init +5, Per +13 (+4 trap))

Hanethes considers the choices.

"I'd probably be better at finding the Wayfinder. Its a small item, similar to those I'm used to palming and such. I might know a bit about who took it and how."


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

I will go with Talon, although I still think this separation is a bad idea. I can grant him a bit of an arcane edge and hopefully we can find Rogar quickly, then come back and find the rest of you. We should all try to leave an obvious trail for each other. Kanthuun, if you have a way to keep is all in touch, let's have it. And lovely Dancer, will you come with us as well?


AC/Touch/FF: 21/16/16; F/R/W: +6/+9/+4 Max HP 47; Current HP 47

The Shadow Dancer nods to Drovya. "I will come with you."


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

"This entire trip was probably a bad idea," laughs Kanthuun.

He utters strange words and makes a gesture, and the ears of Arasmes, Hanethes, Talon and Drovya seem to pop and buzz for a second before having a strange magnified sound effect, as if the four of them and Kanthuun were whispering in each other's ears.

"Don't use this channel to rhapsodize about Petrova," he whispers almost soundlessly, smirking, the speech clear as day to the quintet. "We have almost an hour of spell."


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Are we ready, lady and gentlemen?


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

Ready.


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 44/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

So ready

"No promises. Let's go." Talon smiles.


AC/Touch/FF: 21/16/16; F/R/W: +6/+9/+4 Max HP 47; Current HP 47

Is Petrova not in on the message spell on purpose, or does it only do five people?

Oh, and ready.


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

I don't the caster is included in the 1 target per level. If he was, at 1st level you could only talk to yourself which seems to defeat the point of the spell.

Message


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 44/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

Well Kanthuun does talk to himself a lot, so not out of the question.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Talon's Group

The trail weaved behind the tavern, and by extension, around the monstrous tree it was attached to. As soon as the group began to wind their way about the enormous trunk, it was possible to hear the sounds of battle coming from a hollow the size of a small cave. The mouth of the hollow was visibly seeping something that resembled violet smoke, interrupted intermittently with the sickly sap that bled from the bark above it, giving it all the appearance of a flesh wound within a burn.

The inside of the hollow was pitch-black, leaving only Petrova with any way of telling what was going on, and she could only see one form that blocked her visibility in the entrance only large enough to allow one human passage at a time-a petitioner that might have been recognizable if the woman was watching the various forms in the upon their arrival. He'd seemed unremarkable at the time, but the bard could tell he was armed with a surprisingly well-made bastard sword, already slick with blood.

Perception DC 20:

The sounds of combat indicate there are more enemies within than just the one seen, however.

The entrance is within forty feet, 5X5. Treat the party as being that far away for the sake of combat.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Team Arasmes

Following the information of where the wayfinder was last sensed, the group made their way back into the tavern to investigate the small hole in the boards of the common room. The petitioners in the room left them alone, more or less, what with Baema's heavy handed approach to reconstructing his common room involving forced labor (and he who had the knife made the rules).

The gap that allegedly allowed for the wayfinder's escape was hardly large enough for a halfling acrobat to fit through, and a close inspection of the outside region showed that it was so close to the tree's trunk that no petitioner could have made the climb. Since the building actually converged on the tree higher up due to its slant, this further eliminated any suspicion of a climber.
No windows existed to allow entrance to a higher story of the building for a flyer, either.

Detect Magic:

The lingering auras Kanthuun described as being present earlier persist for one round, and then vanish.

While the tavern itself could partially be ruled out as the final resting position of the wayfinder, there was another building next door that, while half the size of Baema's Place, was tall enough to be considered two-stories high by common logic, and it did have a window, or something similar(being a circular hole with a tattered curtain wafting on a nonexistent wind) on the second floor.

While I dropped a couple of contextual clues, I didn't add any social elements (your characters are allowed to ask around, for example), or search every nook and cranny of the common room as it's being cleaned up(who knows if the wayfinder was only being held out there until it was safe to bring it to someone's stash, and that Baema character is a bit suspicious). Feel free to be as inventive as you want with anything, really...


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 44/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

1d20 ⇒ 16

"Can either of you see or hear anything?" Talon remarks with a little frustration.


AC/Touch/FF: 21/16/16; F/R/W: +6/+9/+4 Max HP 47; Current HP 47

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

"She's got a sword, and it's covered in blood," Petrova whispers to the spell, moving forward to engage.

Charge attack against the woman with the sword: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 2 = 27
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Initiative for Group Talon is as follows-Petrova, Talon, Bad Guys, Drovya. This is a surprise round for the party, so an additional move or standard action is usable for the first turn.

The attack connects, but not for as much damage as the bard would have imagined for all the force behind it. The smoke coming from within the hole begins to make her feel ill, as well. The man takes notice of her with a turn of the neck and an otherworldly glare.

Petrova is now occupying the square in front of the entrance; she's the only one who can engage in melee combat, for now. Petrova, you have one additional move or standard action as this is a surprise round. The smoke can now be ruled as problematic, too.
Petrova gained the sickened condition.


AC/Touch/FF: 21/16/16; F/R/W: +6/+9/+4 Max HP 47; Current HP 47

Petrova slashes again, then takes a five foot step back and to the right.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 - 2 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 2 = 3


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Upizdysh! Drovya curses as he begins casting enlarge person on Talon.

Once it takes effect, Talon gets +1 damage, +0 hit, -2AC, -1 Ref, +2CMB, +1CMD, 10' reach and damage dice increase one step

Since enlarge person has a full round casting time, is Drovya still entitled to a standard action after the surprise round? Also, does Drovya's ioun torch help at all with visibility? He's had it active since we came through the portal to Abbadon.


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

"Up there," points Kanthuun. "Does anyone have a grappling hook? The first one up there is in danger of being attacked the moment they go through that hole, though."

He pulls out a Wand of Enlarge Person. "Perhaps this will allow someone to take a peek."

He pauses. "Petrova's under attack. Join them?"


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

You need to use it right away, but yes. And yes to the ioun torch, as well. I'd forgotten you had one. My bad.


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 44/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

Surprise Round
Talon draws Stark as he moves towards the fight.

Round 1
He finishes closing in and takes a swing at the unknown man.

Power Attack + Combat Expertise
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

2d4 + 16 ⇒ (4, 1) + 16 = 21

AC is now 19, atleast until Droyva's spell finishes. If Petrova waits, Talon will step back on his next turn so she can fight.


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

After Drovya finishes casting enlarge person he moveos forward 30' after activating his arcane pool.

Spend 1 point, Black Ivan is now +3, keen.


Male Human (Keleshite) Inquisitor 6

Arasmes tilts his head at Kanthuun "I think...yes. We cannot afford to lose people, and the item might be with them anyway. Let us go aid her and the others." he suits actions to words and heads in the direction of the battle even as he speaks.


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

Kanthuun nods and follows Arasmes, wand in hand.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Group Talon
Petrova took her step to the left to allow Talon purchase against the well-armed petitioner. The Taldan fighter's scythe bit into the otherworldly flesh of the petitioner, but failed to fell him entirely; the hunted were nothing, if not hardy. Still, he appeared to be badly injured.
Talon inhaled the violet smoke, but it did not affect him like it did the Shadow Dancer.
Desperate to survive, the petitioner turn to lash at Talon, his own large weapon cutting into the fighter's hip, despite the fighter's near-evasion of the attack. 7 damage, Talon.
Drovya's spell caused Talon to grow large before he moved forward and exerted control over Black Ivan to make it sharper, an action that always left his sword-arm tense. However, the magus's approach allowed the light of his ioun torch to shine on the entire combat with some amount of brilliance. Had Talon been shorter, he may have been able to see further into the hollow.

-------------
Team Arasmes
Deciding to join the combat, Arasmes, Kathuun, and Hanethes hastened to follow their comrade's footsteps, with the knowledge that the speed of their approach could mean the difference between life and death to their companions. However, beyond where they'd last seen their compatriots turn the corner, they had to rely on tracking, which slowed them just enough to cause extra anxiety in those prone to it.

Three rounds and counting. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves en route, buff, etc.


Male Human (Keleshite) Inquisitor 6

Arasmes draws his blade and murmurs a quick prayer to his goddess for luck in battle.

Casting Divine Favor on the way and drawing my scimitar.


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 44/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

Giant Talon(I'm gonna call him that for the time being) steps back from the entrance and takes a huge swing.

Only Power Attack since I'm not going to be in front anymore.
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

2d6 + 17 ⇒ (1, 3) + 17 = 21


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

Do I have a better view now that Talon's giant butt is not in the way?


Male Half Elf Rogue 8 (HP 51/51; AC 23/15/18; F+6, R+14, W+5 (+2 trap, enchant, fear), Init +5, Per +13 (+4 trap))

Hanethes stops to swiftly load his pistol and then draw his blade.

"Yep... what a fun place."


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!
Drovya Gregorovitch wrote:
Do I have a better view now that Talon's giant butt is not in the way?

If you become adjacent to the bad guy, you will be able to see inside. Otherwise, it's angling that is your enemigo.


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

"Not my usual job, Arasmes, but I can...enlarge you with this," Kanthuun cracks as he holds the wand.


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

Just waiting to see what the Shadow Dancer and the Petitioner do before declaring my actions


AC/Touch/FF: 21/16/16; F/R/W: +6/+9/+4 Max HP 47; Current HP 47

Sorry, is it my turn? Petrova waits for Talon to remove his large posterior from the front of battle, then, activating her battle dance, takes a 5-foot step back and swings at the petitioner.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 1 - 2 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 - 2 = 4


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Talon's Group
Talon's enormous sweep brought the petitioner to his knees, causing his form to begin to slump, at which time the Shadow Dancer came back and discorporated him entirely, allowing her to see into the hazy darkness behind the man.
Her eyes were greeted with the interior of the hollow, which stretched into the tree twenty feet, with the purple gas coming from deteriorating organic canals in the rotted ceiling. Two more petitioners stood on either side of the door(one of which was recognizable as the woman who lured the paladin to the hiding place to begin with), bows at the ready, and pointed at Petrova, with two piles of equipment that indicated their had been more here before Rogar had resisted, but perhaps the most unsettling sight was a familiar form crumpled in the center of the room, facing away from the door-Rogar. And, standing over him was a creature that looked like a child, its head impossibly tilted as a gaping maw within the being's neck drips with blood that came from an obvious source. If it weren't for the extra maw and broken-necked position, one would think she was a petitioner. However, there was one more horrifyingly diconcerting detail; the being had three tiny orb-like, tooth-filled forms wreathing her like a fiendish halo.

Knowledge The Planes DC 12:

The tiny creatures are cacodaemons, the vermin of Abaddon created from petty souls bound there. They can shapeshift into several tiny, vicious animal forms (including that of a lizard, octopus, scorpion or poisonous snake), and have a bite that carries a disease that allows them to telepathically taunt their quarry and slowly drive them mad. What makes them the most disturbing, however, is their ability to digest a soul into a soul gem, which larger daemons often bully off of them and devour. They are excellent flyers, and can make themselves invisible at will. In addition, they heal quickly.Like so many other denizens of Abaddon, they are immune to acid, resilient to all other elements, and do not take full damage from any weapon that is not holy or silver.

Knowledge The Planes DC 14:

This is most definitely a vulnadaemon. Masters of assassination and the subterfuge, these clever shapeshifting killers often take the position and form of their last victim, and take great pride in causing fear and mayhem from hiding, typically savoring the fear of their prey as they leave only the barest hint of their presence. They embody death by betrayal and vicious murder, and are resilient to standard weapon attacks, fire, cold, and electricity. They are immune to acid altogether, but good-aligned and silver weapons cause it great discomfort.

Knowledge The Planes DC 17:

The creature can maintain an aura of fear at any time it wishes, and every attack it lands shows its knowledge of the anatomy of its prey, drawing out as much blood as it can manage to make its enemies bleed. They prefer to strike from the shadows, and can utilize an invisibility spell to do just that, but only a few times per day.

Noticing that the sentry had been brought down, the creature's head lurched, her pallid lips moving soundlessly(Not a spell, so spellcraft will not help identify), catatonic red eyes returning Petrova's gaze. An invisible flood of power washed over that momentarily threatened to raise Petrova and Talon into a panic, but they withstood it through sheer willpower.

"Ezgatyzzipuy, lashta, agradexiputna lattaney!" the creature shot these words straight into the bard's brain, with a voice like a cloud of vicious, biting insects.

The petitioners loosed their arrows at the entrance, one struck at the wood near Petrova's head, whilst the other one caught in her chain shirt, the mithral doing its work beautifully.These were prepared actions.

Presumably egged on by the creature in the center of the hollow, the petitioners nocked the next round of ammunition into place with shaking hands, the same fearful trembling that caused the arrows to fly wide of the Shadow Dancer.

The vulnadaemon and her three pets, however, disappeared entirely from view.

Drovya, moving behind Petrova will grant you visibility to see all she sees, as she is shorter than the petitioner here previously. Talon can make out one of the bow-toting petitioners from your ioun stone if you get it within range for the effect.
Petrova, you are still sickened. Reinforcements in two rounds and counting.


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

Knowledge(Planes): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Drovya moves up to get a better view as the petitioner crumbles and dry heaves at the sight of the vulnadaemon feeding on Rogar.

By all that is holy, you will not have him! he shouts, and casts a handful of ground mica into the tree hollow. Golden, glittering flakes cover everything in a 10' radius sphere, originating 10' off the ground above the vulnadaemon's original location.

Strike them with silver if you have it! he cries out, but don't bother with acid, the daemons are immune to it!

Glitterdust

Everything in the area of effect needs to make a DC 14 will save or be Blinded. If I understand correctly, there is a 20' open area inside the tree, and I should be able to catch everything inside with the spell. If this is incorrect, please let me know. Stealth checks inside the AoE are at -40.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

The dust only falls a few inches away from Petrova's form, but the fetchling was spared. The spell revealed two cacodaemons swarming in the square in front of Petrova, their mismatched maws gnashing. One of the cacodaemons wasn't visible, persay, but a small shimmer of light from a retreating tail could be seen from one of the gas-belching canals. Perhaps the creatures were using them as transport?

The vulnadaemon had taken a position behind the female petitioner, a jagged knife visible under the layer of dust. It was impossible with the outline to know whom she'd been looking at, but both Drovya and Petrova felt her soulless eyes upon them.

The female petitioner, on the other hand, closed her eyes painfully, the dust having burrowed in.

Drovya felt the wave of power that had so nearly effected his teammates seconds before, but like them, his spirit was unwavering.

The space is 20' by 20', so yes, you could hit everything, EDIT: I think. Unless I'm misunderstanding spread. It spreads in all directions from the center, right? Or does it just effect two squares?Also, you made the save against the poison gas.


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

Yes, it spreads in all directions from the center. There are two archer petitioners, two cacodaemons, one vulnadaemon, and one cacodaemon that fled into a canal, right? Are both of the archers blinded, or just one?


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Yes, and only one archer is blinded. One of the cacodaemons is blind as well, but there aren't really any physical tellsigns.


AC/Touch/FF: 21/16/16; F/R/W: +6/+9/+4 Max HP 47; Current HP 47

Presumably Petrova will have to move in before Talon. If she can, she'll charge the unblinded archer, continuing her battle dance for the moment.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 27
Critical confirm: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 - 2 = 4


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Doable. Talon might have hard time maneuvering in the hollow, though.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Meaning he can fit, but only just. He has to squeeze through the entrance, though.


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 44/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

Giant Talon will enter the tunnel after Petrova. He decides to go after the vulnadaemon. He brings his weapon low as to not hit the ceiling and takes a swipe.

Power Attack

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

2d6 + 17 ⇒ (2, 4) + 17 = 23


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

Drovya casts arcane mark and moves forward to hack at one of the cacodaemons.

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Confirm Critical

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Talon's Group
Petrova's attack did little more than provoke the archer once it sliced in. The petitioner ceased to shake and got a murderous look in his eyes.

Talon entered into the hollow with some difficulty, but reacted to the scenario in front of him by moving to attack the vulnadaemon, pushing past the cacodaemons like the vermin they were(though one did give biting him its best shot whilst the other continued flying around like a slack-jawed idiot).

The large man's attack didn't hit; it was deflected by the creature's shortsword with surprising strength. Slowly, and with a sickening bone-grinding sound, the creature's lopsided head moved to look up.

"Yythraxital lukxmygegeg, shufchabilxidrahjdiba...," Talon heard the voice within his mind that had earlier invaded Petrova's, blaring in abyssal like an insectiod swarm.

Abyssal:

"Savor my oblivion, hunted one."

The next few seconds passed like a blur, with the blinded female petioner dropping her bow and blundering backwards. Almost instinctively, Talon struck down at her, damaging her leg quite badly.
The other archer dropped his bow and proceeded to slam the Shadow Dancer Four damage, Petrova.
The cacodaemon that had tried to bite Talon earlier abandoned his blinded fellow to hover over Rogar hungrily(and right beneath Talon's enormous feet, to add insult to injury)No AoO, though., but used the rest of its time to manifest a power that pushed Petrova into a confusion, even as she shook off her feelings of sickness. Confusion as per the spell, Petrova, although only for your next turn, as it is lesser confusion you're dealing with.

The other cacodaemon remained in place, staring blankly at nothing, an easy target, with the third vermin nowhere to be found.

The vulnadaemon began its counterattack with a vengeance, its shortsword biting into Talon's flesh with each swing. His leg was slashed into twice, and both wounded managed to find their way to a large blood vessel. The injuries bled unnervingly fast for gashes so small.
After the sword damage was done, the creature bent forward and bit Talon's ankle.
The dice are evil. Altogether, that's 14 damage, Talon. You are now under a bleed effect, too.

Drovya's movement into the cave was heralded by two strikes at the blinded cacodaemon, the first doing nothing, but the second stripping appendages off the tiny, toothy monstrosity. It was barely alive when the magus finished with it. However, the gas in the hollow began to get to the man, and he became as sickened as Petrova had been earlier.

Team Arasmes
Next round you will arrive immediately after Drovya goes, with the initiative order of Hanethes, Arasmes, and then Kanthuun, being 40',35', and 30' away from the entrance, respectively.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Retroactive Edit:
Drovya slew the blinded cacodaemon.


AC/Touch/FF: 21/16/16; F/R/W: +6/+9/+4 Max HP 47; Current HP 47

Can Petrova move (5-foot step) to flank anybody with anyone? She'd do that if possible, doesn't matter the target.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 1 - 2 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 - 2 = 9

501 to 550 of 3,502 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / TEE's Into the Obscure (A Dark Extraplanar Adventure) Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.