Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Into the Haunted Forest (Inactive)

Game Master Storycrafter

A short adventure intended for a new-to-PBP DM and new(ish) players.


101 to 150 of 346 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Interesting ceremony. . .

Horfil notices nothing unusual or threatening during Kensington's ritual. Other than the flies that seem to now be gathering around the corpse (and briefly buzzing around Colwin's head), no other animals make their presence known.

The Inn is probably a 30 minute walk further up the road. Night is falling.

Silver Crusade

F Half-Orc Sorcerer/1

The flies do not bother Kensington. This is to be expected, as part of the ritual. It merely marks the beginning of the hobgoblin's return to Nature.

"We all come from the Goddess, and to Her we must return, like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean," Kensington explains.


Male Human Wizard (Air Elementalist) 5; AC 14, 12 touch, 12 flatfooted; HP 43/43; Fort 4, Ref 3, Will 4; Initiative +8; Perception +16

"Ah, well you know what they, ah, say about religion and politics... Everyone's right and so very, ah, sure of it. Myself I tend to think it'll all work out and leave it at that. In any case let us continue now this poor fellow is, ah, suitably dismembered."

The Wizard gives his owl a look,

"And you can fly you great lump of suet. I swear my shoulders acheing, have you put on weight?"

Gibbeous narrows his round eyes and launches himself into the air, somehow contriving to flap huffily.

"I for one am looking forward to, ah, a hearty meal and a soft bed! Onwards!" So saying the wizard begins walking.

After a while he moves over to Hofril and asks, "I wondered if you might, ah, want to make use of the cahin shirt Hofril? I've cleaned it and it looks in good enough repair, should offer a little more protection than your leathers?


Male Elf Dervish Dancer Bard/2 | HP 12/12 (5NL) | AC: 13, Touch: 13, FF: 10 | Fort: -1, Ref: +5, Will: +2 | Init +5 | Perception +2

"Well thank you Colwin for the offer I gladly accept it as a gift of friendship between us."

Horfil takes the chain shirt from Colwin but doesn't put it on because the group is in a hurry (he is now carrying a medium load). During the journey to the inn he talks to Leotian about different things ranging from hunting to religion.


Male Human Wizard (Air Elementalist) 5; AC 14, 12 touch, 12 flatfooted; HP 43/43; Fort 4, Ref 3, Will 4; Initiative +8; Perception +16

"Oh, well I figure we all earned it, its not really mine or anything, but, ah, you are very welcome," Colwin replies sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck and looking upwards.

On the journey Colwin awkwardly tries to engage Aldaara in conversation,

"So, ah, if you don't mind me asking, how were you, um, I mean your parents, ah... Um, oh dear... I mean to say, ah, did it hurt when one of your parents fell down from heaven. Um, sorry, no nevermind that, I, ah," ye gods why can't I stop talking? Stop talking Colwin! "My own mother was a lovely women, but I've always been a little suspicious of her relationship with my Master, I rather suspect they were having an, ah, affair even before my poor father was killed. I've never mentioned it to her of course, and I'm really not sure how I feel about it... I, ah..."

I'm going to die alone.

Could not resist the awful chat up line, charisma 7 for the win!

Silver Crusade

Female Human Paladin 1

"Parents fell down from hea...what? What exactly are you rattling on about?" Aldaara doesn't stop walking, moving down the road towards the inn. She doesn't even look at him while speaking, instead keeping her eyes forward on the road.

"I never even knew my parents. That's the rule of my sect. Your in at birth, or as close to it as you can be. I haven't the faintest of where the woman is, or even what she looks like. I wouldn't recognize her if I saw her. She put me with them for a reason. Probably had something to do with the man who sired me." She glances back behind her, possibly about to say something, but instead holds her tongue.

"We really must be moving."

By the way, this is under the assumption that you're walking behind me.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

A well-built inn painted in cheerful colors is tucked beneath the eaves of the forest. A stable stands nearby. A hitching post at the front of the inn has several mounts, and more than one farm wagon sits in the yard. A large red sign above the door proclaims in gilt letters, “Travelers Stop Inn.” Above this sign and stretching across the front of the building is a banner with artistic lettering stating “The Traveling Exhibition of Doctor Phineus Krane, Professor of Antiquities and Master of Shroud Artistry.” A number of colorful tents have been set up at the rear of the inn yard, apparently for this exhibition.

Most of the tents are closed for the night, and you can see a few remaining patrons of the exhibit heading inside the inn, perhaps for dinner and drinks.

Once inside the inn, the party sees that business is brisk as the long shadows of evening slant through the taproom’s open windows. A bald, red-faced man wearing an apron works behind the bar and several young girls carry platters of food and drinks to various tables. Most of
the crowd seems to be local farmers and traveling merchants, although clustered around one table sits a rough-looking group of mercenaries, one of whom is a short, black-cloaked figure who might be a goblin. They huddle over their drinks in quiet conversation, occasionally raising a head to eye the crowd. At a table nearby, a bespectacled scholarly looking fellow discusses a piece of decorated linen spread across the tabletop with a small group of onlookers.

The map is up and available on my google drive. I'll place some icons for npc's and such asap.


Male Human Wizard (Air Elementalist) 5; AC 14, 12 touch, 12 flatfooted; HP 43/43; Fort 4, Ref 3, Will 4; Initiative +8; Perception +16

Whoops somehow got it into my head Aldaara was an Aasimar, wonder where my brain plucked that from? Hence the did one of your parents fall down from heaven comment, oh well, still sorta works as the kind of incredibly awkward thing someone with a charisma of 7 might say, lol.

Face as red as his hair Colwin nods, and tries to reply, but he suddenly cannot seem to make words happen. He hangs his head and looks woebegone for the remainder of the journey.

Silver Crusade

F Half-Orc Sorcerer/1

Kensington smiles with some relief when she sees the inn. She looks at
“The Traveling Exhibition of Doctor Phineus Krane, Professor of Antiquities and Master of Shroud Artistry,” but she does not enter it. Instead, she looks at the rest of the party.

She goes inside, finds a seat, and waits to see if the others wish to join her at her table. Kensington tries to listen in on the conversations in the inn.

1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13


Male Human Wizard (Air Elementalist) 5; AC 14, 12 touch, 12 flatfooted; HP 43/43; Fort 4, Ref 3, Will 4; Initiative +8; Perception +16

Colwin perks up quickly at the sight of the exhibition,

"What on earth is Shroud Artistry?" He wonders aloud, "I think we might want to report our late hobgoblin friend to the Inn Keeper, he is bound to know who the relevant authority is. And tomorrow I'm going to, ah, see this travelling exhibition thing if, ah anyone cares to join me?"

Gibbeous hoots at them from the sky as they enter the Inn flying off into the night as Colwin waves calling,

Good hunting my, ah, feathered friend."

Headiong inside he joins Kensington at her table, pulling out a chair for Allaara while looking anywhere but at the paladin. After taking a seat, and glancing around at the Inn's interesting array of patrons he asks,

"Are we all getting a meal and a bed? Depending on the, ah, prices I might be able to cover a few people if anyone is short on coin?"

Gibbeous goes off hunting until he is full and then returns using his bond to locate Colwin, who will either pop outside or leave a window open until the owl returns. Gibbeous will take 10 for a 13, I think only hunting took and hour or two hours in 3.5, but the PFSRD does not provide a time for exclusive hunting only for if you are trying to get along in the wild. Gibbeous should be a slightly better hunter than most owls as he has a skill point in it and is much smarter.


Male Elf Dervish Dancer Bard/2 | HP 12/12 (5NL) | AC: 13, Touch: 13, FF: 10 | Fort: -1, Ref: +5, Will: +2 | Init +5 | Perception +2

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18This is for a knowledge check to know what Shroud Artistry it should be knowledge local if I'm not mistaken.


Horfil wrote:
1d20+6This is for a knowledge check to know what Shroud Artistry it should be knowledge local if I'm not mistaken.

Horfil recalls that shroud artistry deals with the capture of an image of a deceased person upon a burial shroud.


Male Elf Dervish Dancer Bard/2 | HP 12/12 (5NL) | AC: 13, Touch: 13, FF: 10 | Fort: -1, Ref: +5, Will: +2 | Init +5 | Perception +2

"Why Colwin the Shroud Artistry is a ceremony where people make an image of a dead person onto a burial shroud. You sure that you still want to go?"


Male Human Wizard (Air Elementalist) 5; AC 14, 12 touch, 12 flatfooted; HP 43/43; Fort 4, Ref 3, Will 4; Initiative +8; Perception +16

"Well its a tad morbid I'll grant, but things are, ah, often more than they seem. Besides who am I to talk about morbid after todays events. I suppose really commemorative statues are little different. I imagine they have other things to see to." Colwin says, waggling a hand as if weighing the pros and cons.

"So what do you think? Should we report the hobgoblin?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Updated the Traveler's Stop Inn image -- please visit the google drive link to see the current room layout.

In the main dining room, the following people can be seen:

  • 3 serving girls busy serving customers
  • A chubby barkeep serving behind the counter.
  • A cloaked figure sitting at the bar with a stern demeanor, a longsword at his hip
  • Several other folks sitting at various tables who look to be farmers or common merchants
  • The aforementioned scholarly gentleman sitting at a table next to you talking with another gentleman.
  • The aforementioned table with rough looking mercenaries

Several of the figures at this last table seeming to be eyeing the group intently.


Male Human Wizard (Air Elementalist) 5; AC 14, 12 touch, 12 flatfooted; HP 43/43; Fort 4, Ref 3, Will 4; Initiative +8; Perception +16

Where is the link to google drive? Think I'm failing my perception check :(

Lantern Lodge

Male Halfling Ranger/1

Leotian is pleased to have someone willing to chat with him as they walk to the inn, since Horfil seems to have some interest in Leo he proceeds to tell him about the paladin Alusys that he's looking for, and that rumor of a paladin of the same order brought him to Arthfell, where he picked up Aldaara's trail.

When they arrive at the inn he goes over to the table climbing up into a seat next to Kensington. He sits with only his head and shoulders above the table level, and sighs people always make tables and chairs too tall. He looks as though he's going to say something to Kensington, then decides better of it, she seems to be concentrating on something. He smiles towards Colwin when the man offers to pay meal and room "I wouldn't mind a meal, but I can pay my own, thanks for the offer though." The linen at the next table catches his eye, and he stands up on his chair to get a better look. "Excuse me, sorry to bother, what have you got there? It looks very pretty."

Silver Crusade

Female Human Paladin 1

She glances at the chair Colwin brought out for, and without taking a second look, slides a chair out next to Kensington and sits down. As he makes the offer about paying anyone's way, Aldaara gives him a hard look, and with nothing but a curt shake of the head, gives him her answer. Her eyes glance about the room, just a quick observation of what the situation is, when her eyes land upon the group that is watching them. She turns back towards her companions.

"Don't look now, but at the table directly behind me, a group is watching us. I don't know what their intent is, but keep your wits about you." She slings the pack off of her, and places it on the floor next to her, keeping care enough to leave the shield at the top of the pack, in case she needed to grab it quickly enough.

Colwin, I thought your heaven comment was a lame attmept at a pick-up line. hehe

Silver Crusade

F Half-Orc Sorcerer/1

Kensington smiles, as she has 95 gold to her name.

"Thank you for the offer, but perhaps another time. Waitress, could I have a steak, medium, please? With potatoes and greens, and the finest tea you have." She looks at her companions. "Tea was the beverage of choice. Nearly everyone drank it back on... the ship. The ship. As to the matter of the little visitor we saw before, I suggest we do report him, but to the town sherriff, not to these people here. We've no idea whom to trust among them."

Then she relaxes a little, only to stiffen up again.

"May I say something?" Kensington asks. Then she looks at the companions around her table. "What we had back there was a pathetic display of a team that can't get its act together. If we were to enter a battle, unfortunate but inevitable as it seems to be here on... the mainland. The Captain aboard my ship would never stand for such indiscipline. Therefore, I insist that we appoint a leader. Anything could happen at any time. Even tonight may not be safe. We must have one person giving orders, and everyone else doing their jobs. I am sorry, but I feel very strongly about this. It doesn't have to be right now, especially since it is felt we're being watched, but it needs to be soon."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Heh, I thought Colwin's heaven comment was a pickup line as well. Heh.

Link to drive here

To Leotian, the bespectacled man says ,"Ah, my fine youg lad, this is an artisan shroud of the Chelish King Haliad III. It's over four hundred years old. See the remarkable likeness..er...hrmm". His voice trails off as he looks up at a large man approaching the party's table.

The large man, one of the gruff looking mercenaries previously eyeing the table, approaches very near to Kensington. He is clad in black scale mail and wears a dark, travel-stained cloak. His face is scared, likely the result of many fights. As he walks, he is careful to keep his hands away from his weapons (a longsword and dagger in hilts at his sides). He slams his fist down on the table, and angrily says, barely below a yell, "I killed that hob in a fair fight, and the fiery dagger is mine by right. Hand it over or face the wrath of the Company of the Black Banner." At this, his companions push back their chairs from their table and rise to watch the situation closely. They, too, keep their hands away from their weapons.

Silver Crusade

F Half-Orc Sorcerer/1

"Forgive me, for I am new to this... region. By what do you justify the claim of the dagger? And would you mind telling us the circumstances of how you met the hobgoblin and the reason that you fought?"

She looks to the rest of the party, seeking their insight.

"I will give it up to you, if my companions agree. If not, perhaps I could purchase it from you or do you a service to earn my ownership of the dagger. After all, I see no reason for two entire bands of people to end up in jail over a dagger."


"Wow, that's really old I eh? Leotian turns towards the large man when the bespectacled man looks up at him. He jumps a bit when the man hits the table then looks towards Kensington. "A dagger? Is that what you found when you went off in the bush? He furrows his brow, then turns to look up at the big man whose still taller than Leo despite his standing on a chair."Sir, why would you leave a dagger you still wanted in the bushes? Why not take it with you?" Something seems off here. Kensington didn't take long in the bushes, the dagger must have been easy enough to find, unlikely the man lost it, and even if he had he could explain and ask for it back. Why is he so angry?

Sense motive to determine if the man has ulterior intentions.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Silver Crusade

F Half-Orc Sorcerer/1

"Finders keepers isn't fair, but yes, that's what I found. On the other hand, he raises a valid point. If this is so important to you, why would you leave it behind? And by the way, the mere fact that you know I have it, and that you know of the hobgoblin, suggests you or your mates have been following us."

All of a sudden, even though she knows that a society where almost everyone is at least a level 1 druid, so her people can defend themselves with magic easily if they are attacked, she is sickened and ashamed that she revealed anything of them. She must keep the Bre-ayne a secret. There's no excuse to blab, not even to her companions.


Male Elf Dervish Dancer Bard/2 | HP 12/12 (5NL) | AC: 13, Touch: 13, FF: 10 | Fort: -1, Ref: +5, Will: +2 | Init +5 | Perception +2

"I'm sure that you don't know what the dagger actually does do you? Well upon further inspection it is actually cursed. Now do you want a cursed fire dagger? And besides Kensington picked it up so now the curse is upon her and the only way to get it is by killing her and picking it up yourself. Now do you really want to get into a fight just for the chance to get a cursed dagger?"

Diplomacy Roll to make him go away from us. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 Why do I get bad rolls? I mean 10 isn't all that bad when added to a +7 but by itself it sucks...


At Horfil's bluff, the tall man sneers.

Leotian:
He is intent on starting a fight no matter what

"I said give it to me, and all you can do is wag your tongues", he says, raising his fist.

He swings at Kensington with it.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

He connects, for 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 points of non-lethal damage.

His companions begin to rush the party's table.

Colwin's initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Leotian's initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Horfil's initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Aldaara's initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Grelm's iniative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
The rest of the mercenaries: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Kensington's initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

I hope you don't mind that I'm rolling for everyone's initiative to help move things along. As Grelm has just gone, it's Colwin's turn to react.

What I'd like to do is the following:
If it's your turn, you can act. We'll resolve things right there. If it's not your turn, you can post out of order in a way limited to the following:

  • Describe your action as if it were your turn, we'll resolve it at your turn. If your action would no longer be valid, we'll resolve as much of it as possible.
  • If you want to list 2 options based on the outcome of a previous turn, list them along with your rolls. I know this can probably be abused, so please try to use this option sparingly or with some precision (to reduce back and forth).

We'll see how this goes and modify accordingly.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Paladin 1

I think that's more of a bluff...

She rises from the table as the mercenaries approach, glancing down just to make sure that her shield is within easy reach should the need come up. Also keeping her hand away from her sheathed longsword(at the moment), she stares into the eyes of the one that approached them. She grins at them. "Her skills of deduction are good, yes? She brings a valid point. How could you possibly know she had the dagger unless you followed us? I'm going to spell it out for you. The 'Company of the Black Banner' is outnumbered. We're all very capable in a fight. Especially me, when it comes to snobby, overbearing men like you." This last comment ends in a snarl for Aldaara.

"Take your men, sit down and tend to your drinks. You wouldn't want a fight with us on your hands."

Intimidate Check. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


Whoops, looks like I ninja'd Aldaara. We can just take her action as a precursor to the punch on Kensington, and she can act normally on her initiative. As for the intimidation, unfortunately, Grelm (the guy standing at your table) is not going to back down -- he's spoiling for a fight no matter what. I will take into account that he may be shaken (it wouldn't affect his punch on Kensington -- it would have landed anyway).


Male Elf Dervish Dancer Bard/2 | HP 12/12 (5NL) | AC: 13, Touch: 13, FF: 10 | Fort: -1, Ref: +5, Will: +2 | Init +5 | Perception +2

What is up with my rolls... I'm a dpr and I'm last because these rolls hate me *sniff* At first I thought that it was just because my mods were high but now it is just bad.


Horfil wrote:
What is up with my rolls... I'm a dpr and I'm last because these rolls hate me *sniff* At first I thought that it was just because my mods were high but now it is just bad.

Heh, you can blame that initiative roll on me if you like. Actually, your bluff wasn't horrible, and maybe you'll have some luck when it comes time to actually swinging something in battle.

Silver Crusade

F Half-Orc Sorcerer/1

She feels her blood on her face. Life on the mainland is exactly what the Madame and the druid priests said it was. Brutish, cruel, dangerous. Kensington stands up, and backs away, making sure to bring her backpack with her (as well as the dagger). She retreats so that she is partially protected by her companions.

As soon as it is safe to do so, she casts Shield on herself, using defensive casting mode to ward off attacks of opportunity.

"Please reconsider; I do not want to hurt you."


Male Human Wizard (Air Elementalist) 5; AC 14, 12 touch, 12 flatfooted; HP 43/43; Fort 4, Ref 3, Will 4; Initiative +8; Perception +16

Colwin stands raises his hand and chants,

"Emdenikstiyar!" twitching his hand spasmodically as he does so and then hurling a huge gobbit of greasy transluscent liquid.

The grease covers the floor beneath the big man's two none goblin cronies.

"Please, lets not let this, ah, escalate. The rest of my spells are fire, and, ah, I have no wish to harm you people. But if you continue this nonsense, you are going to get burned - fair warning."

Finally the wizard takes a step diagonally forward so he is peering out from the cover of the entryway.

Move action to stand, standard action to cast grease DC 16 Reflex save or fall for the two non goblins still by their table. If they wish to move on their turn they must succeed on a DC 10 Acrobatics check, if they fail they cannot move and must roll a reflex save or fall, if they score 5 or less they fall no save.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Let's see, some saves?

The female elf in banded mail1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
The human (wearing robes)1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8

The thin and pale female elf, wearing banded mail and carrying a scythe at her hip tumbles forward ungracefully. The pudgy man beside her, wearing gold trimmed robes adorned with mystical symbols slips, almost catches himself on a barstool, before eventually falling flat on his rear.


Male Elf Dervish Dancer Bard/2 | HP 12/12 (5NL) | AC: 13, Touch: 13, FF: 10 | Fort: -1, Ref: +5, Will: +2 | Init +5 | Perception +2

Unfortunately for me my first moves are going to be stand up and draw my weapon and 5ft step toward the fight... then after that on my second turn start my battle dance and cast chord of shards, and take a 5ft step closer to the battle. After that (if there is an after that) I can now do damage by moving then attacking. All the while keeping my battle dance going (I should have 3-4 rounds left for today)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"Don't bother talking to him, the dagger is just an excuse, this guy wants a fight no matter what." His eyes widen when the large man punches Kensington and he growls "Hey, don't hit Kensington! She's a nice lady!" Despite the assault on Kensington Leo doesn't feel right drawing his bow against the unarmed man. Instead he hops up on the table from where he was standing on his chair and takes a swing at him.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Well, it's the thought that counts right? Not that it matters with this role, but the +2 is assuming Grelm is human

Silver Crusade

Female Human Paladin 1

Seeing the man attack Kensington, Aldaara chastises herself. You were expecting that! Why weren't you ready? Responding to the man's attack, she thrusts a foot at the man, aiming for his abdomen. She then quickly raises her hands up and assumes a defensive posture.

Attack roll, Unarmed: 1d20 ⇒ 12

If hit: 1d2 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 Do you add strength to unarmed, non-lethal strikes? I can't remember.

Silver Crusade

F Half-Orc Sorcerer/1

"How tragic that we must resort to fists."

She turns her attention to casting Shield on herself. It won't hurt anyone, but the extra ac will be helpful.


Male Human Wizard (Air Elementalist) 5; AC 14, 12 touch, 12 flatfooted; HP 43/43; Fort 4, Ref 3, Will 4; Initiative +8; Perception +16

Yes you add Str to hit so +4, you should also be doing 1d3 as a medium character.


Immediately after the tall man lands his blow across Kensington's cheek, Leotian jumps up on the table, wobbles for just a moment, and takes a swing at him, missing broadly.

Kensington immediately backs up, casting Shield on herself.

Aldaara steps forward, kicking at the man's abdomen, and her foot glances off the mail armor that he is wearing.

At this point, a man dressed as a farmer steps up in front of the cloaked goblin and brandishes a broken bottle in his face. The goblin turns and sneers at the man blocking his way.

The tall, pale elven woman stands, as does the pudgy man, and both attempt to walk out of the grease:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Their saves to avoid falling
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
And both fall flat on their butts again.

Several other patrons rush forward to join the fray, while a few back up to avoid being attacked.

The man seated near the bar bearing a cloak, longsword, and bow shouts out in a commanding voice, "Cease and desist!". He steps a few feet toward the party's table.
Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

The bespectacled man begins hurriedly rolling his linen up.

Grelm, the large man who struck Kensington initially, shouts "Company, aid me!," as he swings again at Kensington.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
He spits at her feet and sneers, saying, "That dagger will be mine one way or another."

He misses.
Initiative order:


    Grelm
    Colwin
    Leotian
    Kensington
    Cloaked guy with longsword
    Aldaara
    Horfil
    Other mercenaries
    Other patrons

Colwin's turn

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Half-Orc Sorcerer/1

"For the last time, cannot we be reconciled? Clearly my allies are greater than yours, and whomever runs this establishment clearly disapproves of brawling inside this place. Or perhaps you need a taste of my people's art to get the point?"

Kensington defensively casts Magic Missile on Grelm, unless he chooses to abandon his attacks on her. If he and his mates discontinue the attack, she will withhold her spell.

1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

"I think I understand now. The dagger originally belonged to the hobgoblin, didn't it, sir? And your idea of a... 'fair fight' is you and your band against one lone hobgoblin, isn't it? So what about the dogs? Were they wild, were they your dogs, hence the reason you know about us, or could it be that you're some kind of lycanthrope?"


Male Elf Dervish Dancer Bard/2 | HP 12/12 (5NL) | AC: 13, Touch: 13, FF: 10 | Fort: -1, Ref: +5, Will: +2 | Init +5 | Perception +2

I have forgotten if this is possible but I can replace a standard action with a move action right? If so then for my second action I will start my battle dance then move behind Grelm and then say "Dude do you really want to die today? I have no problems with this except for that I don't want to get kicked out of this lovely bar and town." 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 this is an intimidate check.

I am doing this now just in case if I'm not on for my turn.


Male Human Wizard (Air Elementalist) 5; AC 14, 12 touch, 12 flatfooted; HP 43/43; Fort 4, Ref 3, Will 4; Initiative +8; Perception +16

Colwin sighs and stalks over to stand glowering down at the robed man and extending his hand,

"If any of you, make a move I am going to burn you. All three of you - including the goblin - will be caught in my flames. Unless that is you listen to this gentleman's eminently sensible suggestion and cease and desist."

Even as he speaks a dagger pops out of his sleeve with an audible metallic twang and he brandishes it threateningly.

Move action to stand in front of the downed human. Swift action release dagger from spring loaded wrist sheath so they will provoke if they try to rise. Standard action ready a flame jet, beginning at the top right corner of his square and extending to cover human, elf, goblin, and a bit of floor, if any of them makes a move.

Flame Jet DC 15 Reflex for half, Creatures that fail their saving throw catch fire and take 1d6 points of fire damage on the following round. Creatures that catch fire can avoid this damage by taking a full-round action to extinguish the flames by making a DC 15 Reflex save. Rolling on the ground gives a +2 circumstance bonus on the save.
Flame Jet: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Silver Crusade

F Half-Orc Sorcerer/1

OOC: Do you think fire spells are wise in a building that's probably got a lot of wood around us?


Male Human Wizard (Air Elementalist) 5; AC 14, 12 touch, 12 flatfooted; HP 43/43; Fort 4, Ref 3, Will 4; Initiative +8; Perception +16

Fire:
There is no danger Colwin has the ability to just call the fire onto his person as a swift action which then hurts people who attack him, though I doubt an instantaneous burst of 1d6 flame would be enough to set floor or table alight. Plus he's only threatening to do it and has literally nothing else but fire available at the moment.

Kensington:
Kensington would you mind using ooc tags so that your out of character comments are in blue like the rest of ours? No big deal if you don't want to just makes things look a little nice, its just (ooc)Comments go here.(/ooc) except with square brackets :)

Silver Crusade

F Half-Orc Sorcerer/1

OOC: Better? I didn't even notice them. Thanks for pointing it out.


Male Human Wizard (Air Elementalist) 5; AC 14, 12 touch, 12 flatfooted; HP 43/43; Fort 4, Ref 3, Will 4; Initiative +8; Perception +16

Perfect, thanks Kensington - though you don't really need to type OOC its simply what blue text means. Its nice for readers as they can skip all the crunch and just read the story by sticking to black text.[/ooc]


Male Elf Dervish Dancer Bard/2 | HP 12/12 (5NL) | AC: 13, Touch: 13, FF: 10 | Fort: -1, Ref: +5, Will: +2 | Init +5 | Perception +2

Colwin your fire maybe amplified by the grease though... You forgot about that didn't you and if you took this into account then fire + grease = destroyed bar unless there is enough water in the bar to put it out after the fighting is done. Also a bar is full of alcoholic beverages which catch on fire easily... However if fire is all you got then by all means use it I'll try to help you with Chord of Shards however I don't think that you have a good chance of the saving throw (DC 14 reflex all in a 15ft cone I may not use it however I will if I must.).

Oh I was just going over my character sheet to see what I can do in this situation and I found out that my initiative is +5 not +3, +3 is my dex bonus but I have a trait that gives me +2. Just for future reference GM Storycrafter not that it matters in this situation being that I'm still 2 away from the closest person.

Silver Crusade

F Half-Orc Sorcerer/1

And with grease, water only makes fires worse.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Paladin 1

According to the rules, grease is not flammable.

Aldaara grits her teeth in anger, and attempts to wrap her arms around the man's shoulder, trying to grapple him into submission. "We can do this the easy way or the hard way, and believe me, you don't want to make it the hard way! CALM DOWN!" She shouts at the man, trying to wrestle him down.

Grapple attempt: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Leotian, though clearly unhappy with the man, is not exactly used to fisticuffs. He's willing to stop, that is until Grelm takes another swing at Kensington "Leave her alone!" Again he swings at the large man.

Attack roll:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

I guess I left out my BAB last time, and it might actually make a difference this time. If it hits 1d2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

"Just stop, you already look like a dung for brains grazer, do you really need to get knocked silly too?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Sorry about the lack of posts this weekend -- was out of town at a computer show.

My, my. We have ourselves a lot of threats and some solid punching!

Colwin moves over to Grelm's companions, and threatens to unleash fire on them.

Loetian stands and delivers, thoroughly drilling the taller man for in the nose. This is immediately followed by a quick burst of arcane energy from Kensington, striking the same man full in the chest. The man staggers back from the blows.

At this point the man in the cloak shouts, "Stop immediately or I will arrest you all! I am the law!". He rears back with a gloved fist and attempts to hit Leotian.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

He connects, doing 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 damage. Immediately after this, he draws his sword and makes a threatening gesture between Leotian, Kensington, and Grelm.

At about the same time, Aldaara attempts to grapple the tall man, missing a bit and knocking him further back. He stumbles backward and knocks into the bespectacled man and another, younger man who had stepped forward to view the fight. This causes the bespectacled man to stumble forward and drop the partly rolled linen he was holding in his hands onto some spilled drink and an open candle. A small fire immediately ignites, instantly engulfing the linen.

Horfil becomes as a whirlwind, and moves behind Grelm, threatening him and attempting to intimidate him. His coercive tactic does not immediately seem to work, but Grelm seems unsure of himself at this point, regardless.

The pudgy man, seeing Grelm's predicament and the threatening wizard, scrambles backward, saying "Don't flame me. I'm leaving".

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

He doesn't manage to move from his square, so he tries again...

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

And again, he stays put, sliding helplessly in the grease.

The haughty pale elf glares and attempts to stand...
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
and her save
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6
and she falls flat again. She then attempts to scramble away by crawling...
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
She succeeds, so she crawls back towards a clear patch of floor.

The hooded goblin is heavily embroiled in a fist fight with a drunken farmer at this point, and continues to exchange blows with him. He seems oblivious to Grelm's predicament or that of his fellow mercenaries. He also seems oblivious to Colwin's threats.

At this point, Grelm, seeing the drawn sword, the lack of support from his friends, and tasting the blood in his mouth as it flows freely from his busted nose pushes himself off of the patron behind him, back to standing, and attempts to flee for the door.

Attacks of opportunity as he movesaway from Andaara, Leotian, and Kensington. I'm assuming Colwin is holding his fire spell charge.

Updated map

101 to 150 of 346 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / It happened along a road one day. . . All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.