Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Inner Sea Sandbox: Suspicious Minds

Game Master Garden Tool

A sandbox-style Inner Sea campaign featuring a suspiciously-non-good-aligned party of five antiheroes.

GoogleDocs Maps


751 to 792 of 792 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Cheliax

An easily-deflected slash is all that Schrim manages to execute.


HP:33/33 | AC:19 | T:16 | FF:17 | CMD:21 - 25 vs trip | F:5 | R:7 | W:10 | Perc:9 | SM:13 | Init:6

With just the one monk left and surrounded; Syndir knew its end...or rather, second end was near. He lashed out his sword.

Sword Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male Human Barbarian 1 - Rogue 2

Faroe charges at the remaining foe oblivious to his condition.

Charge Attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Greataxe Damage 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Cheliax

Male Human Magus 3

Seamus is up, I believe?


Human

Unless Farid finished off the fight, I suppose.


Male Human Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 3

Seamus takes another swing at the monk, hoping to end this unnatural thing.

Scimitar attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21, Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Cheliax

Male Human Magus 3

Assuming the thing is still up...

Kamlann sneers his contempt for the "monk"'s flailing attacks and murmurs the same arcane phrase he's been using, allowing the conjuration to drip down his blade before he strikes.

Using spell combat again. Casting acid splash on the defensive: concentration check (DC 15): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Unfortunately, the magus has to duck one of those "flailing" attacks, and to his frustration, the magic wraps around the blade and then dissipates before fully forming. He snarls angrily, not sounding much more human than the undead, before lashing out with the blade, empowered with his magical energies but no actual spell.

Lost the spell, so no acid splash attack, so just the standard attack with the -2 penalty for spell combat.
Scimitar attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Scimitar damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Cheliax

Back from moving!

Farid, I don't think you can charge, and you don't appear to have moved your mini.

Seamus' blade scratches the creature, but Syndir's blade is no use and Kamlann's botched spell strike is foiled. Still standing, the monk wails away at Kamlann, shrieking like a banshee all the while.

Undead's claw attack 1d20 ⇒ 4 (modifier withheld)

Undead's claw attack 1d20 ⇒ 20 (modifier withheld)
Undead's critical confirmation claw attack 1d20 ⇒ 15 (modifier withheld)
Undead's claw damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

(Kamlann has shield on, yes? Also, Fort save!)

Reposting the current initiative. Schrim is up.

Monk @ 20
Schrim @ 16
Syndir @ 15+
Farid @ 15-
Seamus @ 9
Kamlann @ 7+
Jelani @ 7-


Human

The Slim Doctor makes another slash at the downed monk with all his might. He couldn't really complain about it's resiliance, because he shared some of that himself.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Edit: Wow, two nat ones in a row. That's kinda rare.


HP:33/33 | AC:19 | T:16 | FF:17 | CMD:21 - 25 vs trip | F:5 | R:7 | W:10 | Perc:9 | SM:13 | Init:6

Syndir keeps up the attack although he doubted his sword could even hurt the dead monk.

Sword Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

looks like the natty 1's are contagious. That makes two in a row for me too <thumbsdown>

Cheliax

The monk continues to shrug off the party's attacks, flailing and shrieking with wild abandon in its last moments.

Cheliax

Male Human Magus 3

My AC is indeed 21. And man, if its is 14 or 15, I'm gonna be ticked...

Schrim Daskovi wrote:

Edit: Wow, two nat ones in a row. That's kinda rare.

Heh. Not in this group. Go back upthread and read our first fight again. For that matter, note that Kamlann should only fail a concentration check on a cantrip about 1/4 of the time, and so far in this battle, he's 2-for-5.

Fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6.


Male Human Barbarian 1 - Rogue 2

I was posting from my phone, could not move myself on the map. Will do so now. I am in between Kamlann and Seamus swinging but the map does not allow any squeeze ins :-)

Farid continues to try to hack the creature into bits.

Greataxe attack Flanking bonus +2 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Damage 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Male Human Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 3

Seamus continues hacking at the creature, knowing it isn't too effective but trying to whittle it away piece by piece.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20, Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Cheliax

Kamlann, my critical threat did not confirm, then. 3 damage. Very on-topic Fort save, by the way. : )

Farid, unless you're squeezing (-4 to most attacks and -4 to AC, I think), you can't normally occupy the same space as an allied creature. Instead, I'm going to suggest that someone five-foot step back after their attack so that you can five-foot step in on your next turn.

Seamus' scimitar manages to land another scratch despite the supernatural invulnerability of the undead thing - the pirate isn't holding back.

Kamlann is up.

Cheliax

Male Human Magus 3

Kamlann winces at the wound, but it appears little more than a scratch, and so he disregards it. Instead, he focuses on just trying to finish the undead monk off.

Switching to one attack, two-handed, no spell games. I'll 5 ft step out after so Farid can get in.

Scimitar attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11, damage 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11.

...and here we go again...

Cheliax

Intense frustration building between the monk and the mercenary, Kamlann's furious swing is too wide, connecting with only air.

It is Jelani's turn.


HP:33/33 | AC:19 | T:16 | FF:17 | CMD:21 - 25 vs trip | F:5 | R:7 | W:10 | Perc:9 | SM:13 | Init:6

Jelani stepped up behind the masked newcomer and called upon the power of his virtue and radiated healing energy in a wave.

Channel Energy to Heal all within 30' for 1d6 ⇒ 3

Cheliax

The monk five-foot steps to space W10 and attacks Kamlann.

Undead's claw attack 1d20 ⇒ 12 (modifier withheld)

Undead's claw attack 1d20 ⇒ 19 (modifier withheld)
Undead's claw damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

I need a Fort save from Kamlann!

Finally finding purchase, one of the monk's filthy claws finds Kamlann's flesh.


Human

I'm a little confused as to when this undead stood up. I thought I tripped it a while ago, but I don't remember it getting up to which I would have had an Attack of Opportunity. I might just be missing it, so could you point it out to me please?
Also, thanks Syndir, I forgot that I was going to play Jelani for the time being. That's what I get for not paying attention.


HP:33/33 | AC:19 | T:16 | FF:17 | CMD:21 - 25 vs trip | F:5 | R:7 | W:10 | Perc:9 | SM:13 | Init:6

No worries Schrim. I's forgotten as well and figured I'd jump in just to help keep it moving.

Cheliax

Bah, right you are - which means neither attack hit Kamlann.

Kamlann, disregard my previous indication. No further damage or saves.

Cheliax

Male Human Magus 3

Always happy to ignore damage. Schrim's up?


Human

The doctor was beginning to regret buying that hat instead of having his weapon enchanted. It was a pretty cool hat, but right now it did not seem as important.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Damage1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


HP:33/33 | AC:19 | T:16 | FF:17 | CMD:21 - 25 vs trip | F:5 | R:7 | W:10 | Perc:9 | SM:13 | Init:6

Syndir was caught up in the almost gang like hack fest of the dead monk.

Sword Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 = 15

Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Human Barbarian 1 - Rogue 2

As Kamlann steps out Farid steps in and swings.

Greataxe attack Flanking bonus +2 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Damage 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Farid steps back to allow for his "ally" to step up to attack.


Male Human Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 3

Seamus continues his attack, hoping the creature might finally drop.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22, Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Cheliax

Male Human Magus 3

Kamlamm roars in fury, spittle flying as he slashes at the monk in a frenzy.

Scimitar attack, two-handed and including flank: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9.

Cheliax

The combined efforts of Schrim, Syndir, Farid, Seamus, and Kamlann finally still the undead creature's flailing. Weary and winded, the party is treated to a moment of silence - at least on this floor of the pagoda.

Cheliax

Male Human Magus 3

"That is why I told you to stay with us," Kamlann snaps irritably at Farid before turning to look at Jelani. "See if you can get him stitched back together, will you? I don't think all that red stuff is supposed to be on the outside." The mercenary turns his gaze on Seamus and Syndir. "We need to sweep upstairs before we rest. Something pushed that statue out onto the Qadiran, and I'd like to be sure it was one of these things before we let our guards down again." Finally, he looks at Schrim. "And you. I don't know who in the Nine Hells you are, but you have - for now - earned a moment of our time to explain yourself before we kill you too, just to be sure. I'd use it wisely."


HP:33/33 | AC:19 | T:16 | FF:17 | CMD:21 - 25 vs trip | F:5 | R:7 | W:10 | Perc:9 | SM:13 | Init:6

Well that went well.

The sarcasm was heavy and intentional. Once again the group had barely managed to scrape through a fight...we need to work on working together more...still too much mistrust perhaps...and staying together would help... This agreement with Kamlann's outburst didnt fall to the newcomer though for some reason...although the mask is bit much...whats he hiding?.. He stayed quiet until Schrim answered and pondered more of the last few moments. The most disturbing thing to the Qadiran was that absense of the hissing voice in his head...where are you?..


Human

The slim man held his dagger out in front of himself pinched between two fingers. "You see how well these work against them? And you wonder why I'm looking for alliesh? Look, I'm not into charity. I'm not a gentlemanly chap helping thoshe who are in trouble and defeating the evil of the world. I want one thing: revenge.

He whipped his dagger to the side to send some of the ichor off of his blade before he re-sheathed it slowly. "One of the monksh here helped me toward that end and I owe him. And whoever did thish," he pointed a glove toward the corpse on the floor, "ish a problem I can't handle yet by myself. I figured the enemy of my enemy would be reasonable, but if you don't want the help of one who knows the area, I will just wait. Whether you lot clear the place out or die trying, I don't care. Other folk may be by in a few daysh to help, this place wasn't that terrible once. What I do want ish for they who did thish to be destroyed and my friend put to rest. If he can be."

He paused a moment. "All I ask ish that you shtay away from personal questionsh. He tapped the nose on his mask. "You got your reasonsh, and I got mine. You lot will get no trouble from me unlessh you go looking for it. I may not be equipped against the undead, but I can probably take one or two of you before you get me, but I'd rather that didn't happen. I got shomeone different to kill."


Male Human Barbarian 1 - Rogue 2

Farid collapses on the floor, "I was defending myself" he replies weakly to Kamlann's berating. Farid is too exhausted and wounded to say anymore.


Male Human Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 3

Seamus gave a chuckle at the new fellow's words as he sheathed his blade. No worries about needing to fight me off. He gives a nod toward Kamlann, Unlike my hotheaded companion here, I don't give two gull-s%*$s as to why you helped. Just glad you did and that's enough for me for now.

And as far as personal questions, we all got secrets in this group. Yours ain't probably no worse than some of ours.

Seamus gives a mocking salute to Kamlann before motioning forward. Lead on, oh Captain, my captain.

Cheliax

Does Jelani have any healing left? Go ahead and roll it, if you want to heal up.


HP:33/33 | AC:19 | T:16 | FF:17 | CMD:21 - 25 vs trip | F:5 | R:7 | W:10 | Perc:9 | SM:13 | Init:6

Garden Tool:
Near as I can tell he's only Spontaneously cast 1 spell (Bless) into a Cure Light Wounds and only used one Positive Energy Channel. He can convert one more 1st level spell into a Cure Light Wounds and he can Channel one more time as well (3 + Cha mod which is -1 = 2 total)

Cheliax

It's up to you guys - I can't run missing players. It's tough to allocate time to games, as it is. Time to come up with a plan of action, by the way. Hash it out in the discussion thread if you want; I know some of you are hurting and low on resources.


HP:33/33 | AC:19 | T:16 | FF:17 | CMD:21 - 25 vs trip | F:5 | R:7 | W:10 | Perc:9 | SM:13 | Init:6

Syndir could only agree with the pirate's assessment.

We do indeed all have our secrets. Some have been shared and others havent. That you jumped in to help us defeat these...things; speaks volumes and you offer to be a guide here Schrim. I say we take his offer. There is no doubting that we could use all the allies we can get right now.


Human

I imagine that Jelani would heal Farid with a spell. I don't think that too many other people are hurt, but if it is more than three, he should channel too.
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Channel (if needed) 1d6 ⇒ 3

"Well, If you are patched up, we go up." Schrim says lightly, as if he was discussing what kind of lunch he would like. Although it had been quite a while since he had eaten anything, it did not seem to make him any more irritable. He headed for the stairs and started to go up, taking in what he could from his surroundings.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Cheliax

Male Human Magus 3
Syndir Apep wrote:

Syndir could only agree with the pirate's assessment.

We do indeed all have our secrets. Some have been shared and others havent. That you jumped in to help us defeat these...things; speaks volumes and you offer to be a guide here Schrim. I say we take his offer. There is no doubting that we could use all the allies we can get right now.

Kamlann shrugs. "Looks like you pass for now, doc," he says. "I'd rather have you and those knives in front of me than behind me right now anyway."


Male Human Barbarian 1 - Rogue 2

Farid will stand up nodding to Jelani for the assistance and retrieve his dropped crossbow. He will quickly reload and check the rooms of the first floor. Once that is done he will follow the others up the stairs, likely lagging behind after his search.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


HP:33/33 | AC:19 | T:16 | FF:17 | CMD:21 - 25 vs trip | F:5 | R:7 | W:10 | Perc:9 | SM:13 | Init:6

Syndir watched as the strange man searched for the stairs.

Understandable and practical sentiment Kamlann. Looks like he has accepted those terms. Shall we?

The Qadiran followed Schrim staying wary of more undead monks.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

751 to 792 of 792 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Garden Tool's Suspicious Minds Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.