Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Inner Sea Sandbox: Suspicious Minds

Game Master Garden Tool

A sandbox-style Inner Sea campaign featuring a suspiciously-non-good-aligned party of five antiheroes.

GoogleDocs Maps


101 to 150 of 792 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

HP: | AC: | T: | FF: | CMD: | F: | R: | W: | Perc: | SM: | Init:

You are the man Seamus!

Cheliax

...
..
.

Reposting the initiative order on page 3.

sand creature; 26
Syndir; 20
Seamus; 8
Farid; 7 (+3)
Jelani; 7 (+2)
Kamlann; 4

Farid is asleep (again), so it is Jelani's turn.


Male Human Barbarian 1 - Rogue 2

It was a long trip getting here, so Farid needed the rest. Wake him up when there is something he can actually fight!


Male HP:9/17, AC15/To11/FF14, F4/R2/W9 Half-elf (Half Garundi) Diviner 2/Cleric of Nethys 1

Round 7
HP:12/17, AC15/To11/FF15, CMB9, F4/R2/W9
Current Effects Active: Mage Armour (2 hours remaining), Bless (4 rounds remaining)

Jelani reaches out to Kamlann, laying a hand on him. "Let me guide your actions." Kamlann feels as though he can now predict a little better where the Sandman is going to bed and where to strike.

Standard Action to use Diviner's Favour on Kamlann. +1 insight bonus on attacks, skill checks, saves and ability checks for 1 round.

Cheliax

Male Human Magus 3

Getting desperate, Kamlann focuses more of his arcane energies on the staff in hopes of finally managing to make contact with his foe. Quarterstaff attack, adding diviner's fortune to the bonus list from last time, plus another arcane point: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21, damage 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9. The satisfying thud of the enchanted staff slamming into the sandman's form is perhaps one of the most beautiful sounds Kamlann has ever heard.

AC 21, hp 10/23, current effects bless, shield, arcane point, diviner's fortune (this round only).

Cheliax

The sandman takes all nine damage, for a total of twenty-three, so far. As always, the effects of the "sleepy" spell are not included in the rolls, below.

Farid's sleeping Will save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6

@ Farid:
The duration of the sleep effect affecting you is renewed.

The sandman, seemingly furious, shifts forms again, taking on an ogre-like shape. It raises one exaggeratedly large fist, then brings it down across the length of Kamlann's quarterstaff, now raised defensively.

slam attack: 1d20 ⇒ 5

The creature manages only to shower Kamlann with a little sand and grit.
Glaring first at the Aspis agent, and then at Syndir, the ogre-like sandman takes a defensive step away from the bulk of the group, without disengaging from Kalmann.

The creature five-foot steps back into space AB15.

Syndir, it is your turn. You are prone and drowsy.


HP: | AC: | T: | FF: | CMD: | F: | R: | W: | Perc: | SM: | Init:

The boot to his ribs was a stern wake up call if there ever was one. Syndir shook his head in an attempt to clear and stood up on shaky feet. Seeing that the sandman had reassuringly changed forms and also moved; the sun darkened man moved up to stand beside the dark haired man with the staff in his hands.

Cheliax

Seamus, it is your turn.


Male Human Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 3

Round 8
Init: 8, HP:25/25
AC 16 (To 12, FF 14); F4/R5/W3
Grit Points: 0/3
Current Effects Active: Bless (3 rounds remaining)

Seamus finishes pouring powder into the other barrel along with a bullet before raising the pistol. Training it on the creature, he whispers a silent prayer to Besmara before squeezing the trigger.

5-foot step to AA12.
Move action to load the second barrel.
Standard action to fire a single shot.
Pistol Attack (with Bless and shooting into melee penalty): 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 23 (vs creature's Touch AC), Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

FINALLY!!!
Crit confirm: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 - 4 - 2 = 10 (vs creature's Touch AC), Extra crit damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1


Male Human Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 3

Seriously can't catch a break. At least the damn gun didn't explode in my hand and I hit it for 1 point. Shouldn't take me more than 20 more rounds to whittle it down at that rate.


Male HP:9/17, AC15/To11/FF14, F4/R2/W9 Half-elf (Half Garundi) Diviner 2/Cleric of Nethys 1

Round 8
HP:12/17, AC15/To11/FF15, CMB11, F4/R2/W9
Current Effects Active: Mage Armour (2 hours remaining), Bless (3 rounds remaining)

Jelani sees the battle finally turning in their favour, with another roar from the firearm. Jelani was gonna have to examine that weapon. With the battle finally swinging their way, and so casts a spell that would allow him to understand any words the elemental might be saying.

Standard Action to cast Comprehend Languages.

Cheliax

Male Human Magus 3

"You have laid hands on me, elemental," Kamlann says flatly, as he drops back for another swing. "You are about to learn the magnitude of your error." One more time with the quarterstaff! 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19, damage 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13.

Okay, that is more like it.

Cheliax

The sandman grins a sly, ogre's grin as Jelani finishes his spell, and speaks again, in the strange, rumbling tongue that no-one seems to understand. It gestures with the dark amber stone in it's hand.

@ Jelani:
The sandman speaks to you. It seems to know, somehow, what sort of spell you have cast. This creature is trained in the art of spellcraft, then... valuable information to have.

Translated by your spell, the creature's voice seems not at all harsh or gravelly. Rather, the sandman's voice is soothing and sleepy, to your ears. It speaks cryptically, and in contradictions.

"So," it says.
"You can understand me now, priest? Then listen well, for I have nothing to say. Come here. Go away. This is for me." He hefts the dark, amber stone stone in his hands.

"This is for him." Still gesturing with the stone, he nods toward Syndir.

"It's not for you. I have nothing for you at all. Come here. Go aw..."

Whatever it is saying, Kamlann cuts it short. Wiping the grin from the sandman's ogre face, the borrowed staff hits home, distorting the creature's shape.

Seemingly furious, the sandman resculpts itself into an ugly and monstrous mockery of Kamlann's own face and body, striking at the Aspis mercenary with a sandy "quarterstaff" of it's own.

Kamlann, your AC is 21 right now, right?

slam attack: 1d20 ⇒ 13
slam damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Kamlann's Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Enchanted, elemental sand fills your nose and lungs, Kamlann. The sleep-sand, combined with the effects of the spell affecting you, overwhelms your willpower.

Just like that, Kamlann is out like a light... asleep on his feet, with a twisted, sand-sculpted mockery of his own form looming over him, angrily. The sandman spits out a single, unintelligible word.

@ Jelani:
That word is "worm."

Still glaring at Kamlann, the creature surges backwards a few feet, seeming to crouch. It spares Syndir a glance, as it does so.

The sandman five-foot steps into space AC16. Syndir, it is your turn.


HP: | AC: | T: | FF: | CMD: | F: | R: | W: | Perc: | SM: | Init:

Syndir called to mind and cast the same strength stealing spell he had before and then stepped closer to the sandman with a quick reach of his hand.

Touch Attack - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Touch of Fatigue Fort DC 11 negates

Cheliax

Fort save: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Syndir's fatiguing spell doesn't seem to take hold. The sandman chuckles, just once. The sound reminds you of someone shaking a tumbler of salt.

Seamus, it is your turn.


Male Human Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 3

Round 9
Init: 8, HP:25/25
AC 16 (To 12, FF 14); F4/R5/W3
Grit Points: 0/3
Current Effects Active: Bless (2 rounds remaining)

Seamus stepped forward while unslinging his powder horn again. Loading the first barrel again, he put a boot into Kamlann's backside. Wake up damn you!

5-foot step to AB13.
Move action to reload pistol barrel. Both barrels are loaded at this point.
Standard action to wake Kamlann.

Cheliax

Kamlann's eyes snap open just as soon as they've shut. Still standing, Kamlann is once again awake (though still torturously sleepy).

Farid, once again slumbering and oblivious, lies face-down along the wooden floorboards of the tavern, snoring along with the schlub in the back of the bar.

It occurs to you all that this battle must have been raging for the better part of a minute, by now, and not a single soul has come downstairs. You wonder, not for the first time, what has become of the staff and patrons.

Jelani, it is your turn.


Male HP:9/17, AC15/To11/FF14, F4/R2/W9 Half-elf (Half Garundi) Diviner 2/Cleric of Nethys 1

Round 9
HP:12/17, AC15/To11/FF15, CMB11, F4/R2/W9
Current Effects Active: Mage Armour (2 hours remaining), Bless (2 rounds remaining)

The elemental either was speaking in riddles, or didn't understand what it was saying. The amber stone seemed to be important in some way. Either way, Kamlann was looking seriously injured. Jelani calls on the divine energies in him, sacrificing one of his granted spells.

Sacrificing Shield of Faith to spontaneously cast Cure Light Wounds on Kamlann.
Healing: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Cheliax

Kamlann, it is your turn. You were hit for 8 and put to sleep, and then woken up and healed for 7. It's been a bumpy round! You are sleepy, but not prone.

Cheliax

Male Human Magus 3

His mind and body both assaulted and reeling, Kamlann tries to muster up some bravado. "Oh, do I have your attention now?" he asks, brandishing the quarterstaff once more. On my phone, so I can't tell if I need to move. I will do so if necessary to make another attack. Now would be a good time for the dice roller not to stab me in the back... Quarterstaff attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10, damage 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11.

Cheliax

Kamlann, I moved you into flanking with a move-action (I figured you would've if you could've, but what with your rolling a 2 and all, it's not enough to help).

Ignoring the inneffectual Kamlann for now, the sandman refocuses it's attention on the now-standing but still-drowsy Syndir. It's shape shifts to that of a well-dressed and powerful-looking middle-aged woman. She wears a fierce expression, touched with just a little disdain. Though slightly weathered, the woman is powerfully built and strikingly attractive - that much is apparent even through this sandy replica. And it must, indeed, be a replica of someone real, for a flash of recognition passes across Syndir's determined face.

It takes a defensive posture, and engages Syndir on the defensive.

@ Syndir:
You have seen this person before, but only in the form of an oil portrait which you've spent more than a little time studying. This is the face of your estranged mother, a beautiful Ulfen woman, and the only woman your father ever loved, as far as you know - after she moved on, he never remarried. You've never met her in person, and you don't know where she is now. You wonder who sent this creature, and how it knows so much about your former home life.

Not only that, but it took another shape, earlier, that only Farid seemed to recognize. As far as you know, no-one knows about your still-young friendship with Farid. You never even spent any time with him at the manor where you grew up - you were at the academy when Farid was taken on as a "servant." To your knowledge, the two of you have nothing else in common.

The sandman takes a five-foot step adjacent to Syndir and away from Kamlann. It attacks Syndir with a slam.

slam attack, fighting defensively: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Syndir, as determined as he is drowsy, evades the feeble attack easily. Disgusted, the sandman speaks again, in it's rumbling tongue. It's gaze shifts to Jelani, as it speaks.

@ Jelani:
The creature glances your way. "Priest," it says, in sinister sing-song. "Tell this one that I will be back. Tell him I'll never leave! And when I return, half-elf, and while I remain... I do not expect to see you or your companions with him," he growls.

"Your temple has received a significant tithe in return for their assistance in my efforts to locate this thief." He gestures toward Syndir, and then roars; "you undermine the efforts of your superiors!"

You wonder what this stranger might have stolen, as you process this new information. Has the Church of Nethys really aided this creature for a tithe? The church does train up powerful diviners and maintains exhaustive libraries. Furthermore, the church also maintains a very strong presence in Pashow, the point-of-origin for the hijacked elixir shipment...

Meanwhile, perhaps a block or more away, a piercing watch-whistle blows...

EDIT: Syndir, it is your turn.


HP: | AC: | T: | FF: | CMD: | F: | R: | W: | Perc: | SM: | Init:

Fully awake and in the moment Syndir fell into his Snake style effortlessly. Swift Action

The Sand form before him was familiar, too familiar and he couldnt put all the pieces together as to how this thing knew so much about him and how to find him. He struck out at it with a cllosed fist.

Unarmed Attack - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Damage - 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

ugh! seriously dicebot?!

Cheliax

Somewhere in the not-so-distant distance, another watch-whistle blows, and someone shouts something in Osiriani.

in Osiriani:
Fetch the captain, and you six with me!

Seamus, it is your turn.


Male Human Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 3

Round 10
Init: 8, HP:25/25
AC 16 (To 12, FF 14); F4/R5/W3
Grit Points: 0/3
Current Effects Active: Bless (1 rounds remaining)

Seamus clenched his teeth as he pulled the trigger, knowing the risk he was taking. The report from the gun was ear splitting and a billow of smoke filled the area.

5-foot step to AA14.
Standard action attack on creature. *Fingers crossed!*
Pistol attack (w/ Bless, broken, and firing into melee): 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 1 - 2 - 4 = 13 (vs creature's Touch AC), Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Cheliax

The sandman is wounded further by Seamus' gunfire, but still alive. Sand showers the tavern interior once again.

Farid is asleep. Jelani, it is your turn.


Male HP:9/17, AC15/To11/FF14, F4/R2/W9 Half-elf (Half Garundi) Diviner 2/Cleric of Nethys 1

Round 10
HP:12/17, AC15/To11/FF15, CMB11, F4/R2/W9
Current Effects Active: Mage Armour (2 hours remaining), Bless (1 rounds remaining)

Jelani freezes as he listens to what the elemental is saying. This man... the Kelishite. Could he be responsible for the theft? Hardly likely... yet still...

Sense Motive on the elemental: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
It says Sense Motive takes about 1 minute, but this trying to oppose the bluff. If Jelani thinks the elemental is telling the truth, he will simply move to the door to call the city watch in.

Cheliax

Male Human Magus 3

Waiting to see what Jelani does for certain before I take my next action.


Male Human Barbarian 1 - Rogue 2

At least I am rolling consistently while asleep. In fact in my dreams he is already beate, please make my dreams a reality so I can wake up :-)

Cheliax

Jelani, your (quite excellent) Sense Motive check does not detect a bluff. That doesn't mean you believe him, however. It just means you don't detect a bluff.

At the very least, the sandman seems to believe that the Kelishite is a thief.

Jelani hustles toward the door, calling for the watch.

Kamlann, it is your turn.

Cheliax

Male Human Magus 3

Kamlann circles the center of the battle, warily trying to figure out what Jelani's play is. We've broken no laws yet, he thinks as he goes, but I don't know that I care to be a guest of the Ruby Prince even so... Hoping to end the matter quickly, before the watch become involved, he attacks the sandman once more. Moving to AA16, taking the long way to avoid any AoOs. Once there, what will likely be my last attack on this thing: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9, damage 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10.

Cheliax

With a final glare at Syndir, the sandman seems almost to collapse in on himself. His striking female features melt away, and the sandman seems to squeeze his body between the tavern floorboards.

Using his compression ability, the sandman squeezes between gaps in the floorboard floors. The sandman moves at half speed through the floor, because he is "squeezing," and then burrows into the earth beneath. This movement provokes. Bless is still active until Jelani's turn comes around.

Kamlann's attack of opportunity: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 1 = 23
Kamlann's quarterstaff damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Syndir's attack of opportunity: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 1 = 16

The sandman is up to 45 damage, and, impressively, still alive. It is very seriously injured, no doubt, but not yet disabled or dying.

Syndir misses - just barely - but Kamlann does not. More than his considerable martial training... more than Nethys' blessing... and more than the enchantments laid on the staff, it is Kamlann's frustration that drives the end of the weapon home.

The sandman manages a lasst, distorted and exaggerated snarl as his features melt away and Kamlann's staff nearly runs it through. The sandman survives the attack, however, and escapes through the floor with a rushing rumble-sound.

@ Jelani:
Mentally translated by your spell, the sandman's parting "rumble" is simply: "Next tiiiimmmme..."

Intriguingly, the dark, amber-tinted stone is quite a bit too large to fit through the floorboards. The sandman lets it go with a deceptively-heavy THUD, deliberately rolling the item the few inches to Syndir's feet.

By the sound of it, the watch is significantly less than a minute away. The slightly-overweight patron at the back of the bar continues to snore away, as does Farid. In the sudden silence, the slumbering sounds strike you as quite ridiculous.

Jelani's blessing begins to fade, sand is everywhere, the amber stone lies on the ground at Syndir's feet, Farid is out cold, and most of you are injured and still feeling drowsy. There is still no sign or word from any staff or patron of the bar or the inn.

I'm going to give everyone a chance to dictate their words and actions post-combat, before the watch arrives (presuming that they are, in fact, headed for the Gilded Bottle). I'll move things along once everyone has chipped in and/or made a plan.

@ Farid:
Once you wake, it will (of course) occur to you that this is easily the most solid lead you've had since you began searching for Amin. Whatever this sandman is, he's seen Amin at the very least, and he may know him personally, somehow. You've never known your former mentor to associate with elementals or genies, nor had he ever expressed the slightest interest in spellcraft, but all the same, this thing had Amin's face, but for a moment.

@ Jelani:
It seems terribly unlikely that this unarmed, barely-awake young human could be the thief you're thinking of. However, if he might have anything to do with the disappearance of the sun orchard shipments, that information could make you, this human, and Kamlann all very wealthy. Besides, your curiosity is no doubt piqued.

@ Kamlann:
I occurs to you that these two strangers are in trouble. It also occurs to you that help isn't free. It's never free. Logically, then, these people more or less owe you a debt.

It also occurs to you that your travelling companion (and your best bet at solving the sun orchard mystery) seems to be running toward the sound of watch whistles. He also seemed awfully... thoughtful during the battle. Maybe he's put something together that you did not.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

You did recognize the last spell that your ally cast - comprehend languages. Perhaps Jelani was able to discern something important.

@ Seamus:
It seems you've made another enemy. By all the gods, you must be the best pirate who ever lived.

It also seems that these two strangers have a serious need of some help. As a friend of yours used to say in the Shackles: "whorin' ain't the oldest profession; pirating is." And what is pirating but another name for adventuring? And what is adventuring but another name for helping others for a large share of their profits?

Where there's trouble, there's coin; and as another friend of yours used to say (or was it an enemy?), "it's not extortion if'n you get paid".

@ Syndir:
Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

Your sharp mind racing as the sound of the watch draws nearer, you come to one conclusion regarding your current situation. There is no-one living that you and Farid "have in common." To your knowledge, Farid is relevant to no-one - certianly not to your enemies - except as a travelling companion of yours (and therefore an obstacle to anyone seeking to kill or capture you... and capture seems likely given that your assailant clearly meant to put you to sleep). Furthermore, you have not once in all your travels with Farid discovered any indication that you were being followed.

Thus, anyone who knows so much about the both of you and managed to find you so quickly after your arrival in Totra must have used some sort of divination. You know very little about the Church of Nethys, but you can't help but wonder if this priest of the all-seeing eye had anything to do with your nearly dying just now.


HP: | AC: | T: | FF: | CMD: | F: | R: | W: | Perc: | SM: | Init:

Syndir was relieved that the sandman had dispersed even if they hadnt destroyed it outright but he wasnt relieved to hear the whistle's of the city watch. He wasnt sure what, if anything he was guilty of beynd protecting himself but he was in a foreign land and things had a way of falling on strangers. Although he did owe some strangers a word of thanks at the least. After just a second of contemplation he picked up the stone. He would have to give it...and this priest... further consideration later.

I am most appreciative of your help gentlemen. I would buy each of you a drink and toast your bravery; however, it sounds like we should all be most expeditiously leaving these premises. Perhaps we could reconvene at another time and place?

The sun darkened man will wait for answers while he quickly goes to Farid and wakes him up.

We have but moments before the watch arrives my friends. Best we make haste.


Male Human Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 3

Looking around the room, Seamus quickly holsters his pistol. Grabbing a few mugs, he throws them to the ground, ale spilling across the floor. He glances at some of the finery worn by the others before speaking. I don't know how many seedy establishments you men have visited in the past but I find that it goes easier to explain a simple bar room brawl to the watch than that we were defending ourselves from some rampaging sand creature. Running is an option but it certainly creates an impression of guilt if we're seen. And I would prefer not spending the night in a cell again if I can avoid it.

Moving quickly, Seamus rushes upstairs to collect the rest of his things before rejoining the group in the tavern.

Cheliax

Syndir - the amber-colored stone is heavy. Very heavy.

It's not until you rush across the room to wake Farid that you realise just how very, very, heavy the stone is. Heavy enough to impede your ability to move. Heavy enough to qualify - you feel confident - as being supernaturally heavy.

Syndir, your speed is halved with the stone in your hand or pocket.

Seamus, you rush upstaris and reclaim your possessions with no problem, but...

@ Seamus:
Several of the doors to the rented rooms upstairs are open, including the one across from yours. People are dead, up here. Dead in their rooms... some of them dead in their beds. Some plainly bludgeoned to death, others perhaps strangled. Here you are, alive, injured, and armed in an inn full of dead folks. With the watch just seconds away.

Best pirate ever.

Cheliax

@ Everyone: That particular sandman was (is) CR 4, and worth 1,200 xp. You each earn 240 xp.


Male Human Barbarian 1 - Rogue 2

Farid sits up and looks at Syndir, "I dont think we should stay here though if we can get a discount on the rooms I will consider it. What was that thing and did we destroy it?"

He stands and nods to the other men in the room but does not address them.


Male Human Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 3

Seamus gathers his things and heads quickly downstairs. We've got a slightly bigger problem here. There are a number of corpses upstairs that weren't there before. I don't know if it is a setup or just collateral damage but either way it doesn't look good for us.

This is under the assumption that I don't return downstairs to find the guards waiting. Then I keep my mouth shut.

Cheliax

No guards yet, but commotion at the front door (something blocked it, remember?) which will coincide with Kamlann and Jelani's actions (and reactions to your news) and with Syndir's reaction (if any) to the sudden weight of the stone.

Cheliax

Male Human Magus 3

"It's a setup, all right," Kamlann snaps, "but not for us. For them." He points at Farid and Syndir. "You're coming with us, Qadiran. You owe us, and I'm not taking a murder rap on your behalf." He glances at Jelani, adding, "I assume you don't have a problem with that?" There is a peculiar emphasis in his last words, as though he is hinting at something meant for Jelani alone.


Male Human Barbarian 1 - Rogue 2

In Kelish to Syndir:
"Hmmm, we just got here and we are already being set up? Either there is a mistake or someone was tipped off".

"Who are you to blame us? Maybe I owe you and maybe I don't, how do I know Syndir did not banish that that thing while the rest of you watched? Either way we have to decide whether to stay and explain or flee out the back door, assuming that is a back door, right now".

Cheliax

@ Syndir: There's a lot going on with you right now, so let me get a reaction from you to the sudden weight of the stone, Seamus' news about the state of the rooms upstairs, Kamlann's demands, Farid's thoughts, and the commotion at the door (all of this happening more or less at once). Once Jelani chips in his thoughts and actions and and I get another post from you, we'll move forward.


Male HP:9/17, AC15/To11/FF14, F4/R2/W9 Half-elf (Half Garundi) Diviner 2/Cleric of Nethys 1

Jelani stops his efforts to call the watch with Seamus' news of the upper floors. The man who was asleep for a good portion of the battle says something in Kelish about being tipped off. So obviously they are running for something. This just adds to Jelani's curiosity. Perhaps they DID have something to do with the theft. If he could recover the shipments, not only would he be able to embarass his cousin, but also could make himself very rich. "Yes Kamlann, I agree. Though perhaps we should avoid the watch for now."


HP: | AC: | T: | FF: | CMD: | F: | R: | W: | Perc: | SM: | Init:

Syndir tried to take everything in but he felt like he was being pulled in numerous directions and none quite so dominant as towards the floor. He dropped the stone thinking its intent could be to slow him down long enough to be captured.

In Kelish to Farid:
I agree my friend. How could anyone have known we would step into this bar right after getting into town. There are deeper currents to this plot than we can see and the waters were muddy before being stirred. Lets take their offer and at least get out of here for the time being.

in common - Very well, we will go with you but we will also not take any murder rap for you. You all were already in this bar before we got here and could easily be responsible. So, we will talk yes? But not now and not here. Whoever knows a way out should lead.

Cheliax

Male Human Magus 3

Garden Tool:
The obvious way out is the (presumable) back door to the alley, but just for the record - this is a three-story inn, yes? Did Kamlann happen to notice if any of the buildings adjacent were only one or two stories high?

Cheliax

Someone outside (a different voice) growls but not-quite-shouts in Osiriani. There is a further commotion, and some running. Booted footsteps hustling around, from the sound of it.

in Osiriani:
"Help me move these benches, and get three men around back."

@ Kamlann - A good question, and one I was hoping that someone would ask. There are no windows in the tavern, but there are in the rooms on the second and third floors. The large building to the top-right section of the map is a three-story building (some sort of tax office), and the building to the immdiate left of the tavern is a two-story bar and gambling hall (an expensive place, actually, and not-at-all seedy, from the look of it). The building behind the tavern (top-center of the map) is an eatery of some kind. If you went out the back door, you'd be looking at the back of the building. The top-left structure is a a general store and stable. Both the eatery and the general store are one-story. The bar + gambling hall is open, as are the stables. The general store itself is closed, the local office is closed, and the eatery is closed.

Cheliax

Male Human Magus 3

Kamlann looks up at the not-quite-shouting and says, "That tears it. Everyone upstairs, now. We're going out a window."


Male Human Barbarian 1 - Rogue 2

Farid sighs and heads for the stairs, "I have been driven out of much nicer places then this".

Cheliax

Fortunately, the feelings of drowsiness plaguing some members of your so-called party begin to wear off, about now.

Jelani, Seamus, and Syndir: are you heading for the stairs, as well?

Cheliax

Male Human Magus 3

Kamlann dives for his scimitar and snatches it up. Assuming everyone is going upstairs, he will rearguard them as they head toward the upper floors.

Cheliax

It occurs to me that Seamus left a scimtar on the floor near the table, too. Shall I assume that you grabbed it on your way up, Seamus?

101 to 150 of 792 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Garden Tool's Suspicious Minds Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.