Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Inner Sea Sandbox: Suspicious Minds

Game Master Garden Tool

A sandbox-style Inner Sea campaign featuring a suspiciously-non-good-aligned party of five antiheroes.

GoogleDocs Maps


501 to 550 of 792 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Cheliax

On the docks: The well-dressed man eyeballs Farid and Kamlann as they board. Seeming to sense that they're with Haggrathy, he says not a word. He returns Kamlann's nod with the barest nod of his own, then turns to look out at the Inner Sea.

You wonder where you're going.

Elsewhere: Syndir's mother frowns, distastefully. "Farid? The peasant lives, and it is clear to me now that neither he nor you has the wiles and the cunning to have absconded with my shipment. That does not, however, change the rather extraordinary coincidences surrounding the timing of your disappearance and the fire, and the appearance of this priest from Pashow. I no longer trust the church of Nethys to remain an impartial source of divinitory information on the apparently-likely chance that our priest had something to do with my abducted elixir, so I've turned to more mundane and reliable avenues of information."

Aristizobel leans forward.

"And do you know what I learned? The other man you met - the mercenary. He's a Consortium hire-on... and he's looking for my elixir. It seems unlikely that this should simply be yet another accident of fate, does it not?"


HP:33/33 | AC:19 | T:16 | FF:17 | CMD:21 - 25 vs trip | F:5 | R:7 | W:10 | Perc:9 | SM:13 | Init:6

Syndir was more than pleased by the news that his friend lived and wondered if he would ever see him again...

You mean Kamlann? Again, I never knew his intent or purposes for being in...Totra I think it was...or is? Where are we exactly?

The sorcerer had never been one to trust religions of any kind so he fully agreed with Aristizobel's assessment of the dubious nature of Nethys' diviniations.

You make much sense. It is entirely too much of a coincidence to be such. So who is behind it all?

Cheliax

"Where are we? We are headed for port. In fact, several hours ago we passed the wretched little ship that the mercenary is travelling on. You’ll be rejoining him and whomever remains with him, and helping him to do his job. In this way, you will begin to repay the debt of your resurrection and restoration."

"Otherwise, I'm afraid I have no answers for you."

Cheliax

Male Human Magus 3

Does Seamus follow Kamlann below?


HP:33/33 | AC:19 | T:16 | FF:17 | CMD:21 - 25 vs trip | F:5 | R:7 | W:10 | Perc:9 | SM:13 | Init:6

Almost as an afterthought Syndir waved Jahoum towards wine. It was if just by being surrounded by opulence reminded the young man of his noble roots and mannerisms.

Thats it then? Help him do his job? At finding this Elixir I presume. Then what? Make sure it once again finds its way into your posession? Sounds easy enough.


Male Human Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 3

Yeah, Seamus heads below with the rest. Went with the implication from GT's post but yeah he heads down.

Cheliax

Male Human Magus 3

Once they get below, Kamlann turns to Seamus and stares the pirate in the eye. "Just a moment, Haggrathy. We need to settle something, right now. Just what the hell is going on here? I've been damn near killed twice tonight because of othe people's problems. I'm going to start needing some explanations as to why that keeps occuring before this goes any further."

Cheliax

Tall, slim Jahoum only smirks. It's a cruel smirk.

Aristizobel seems to take no notice.

"If the any of the Consortium's agents or hires should find the elixir, it'll find its own way into my possession. It better, so help them."

"As for Jahoum, he has been promoted to House Administrator. You will address him as 'House Administrator,' 'Administrator Jahoum,' or as 'sir'. Whichever you prefer. And you'll surely have none of my wine while you yet owe me so much."

"Now, prepare to disembark. We'll arrive before long. Your pack was gone when I found you - and no wonder, your attendant was a witch - but I've procured a spell component pouch for you. That should be enough."

The dragon-that-walks-like-a-woman stands.


HP:33/33 | AC:19 | T:16 | FF:17 | CMD:21 - 25 vs trip | F:5 | R:7 | W:10 | Perc:9 | SM:13 | Init:6

Ah, your fogiveness Administrator.

He bowed his head just enough to ackowledge rank but not deference despite what Aristizobel said and took the spell component pouch determined to find some use for it...even if Im only able to sell the contents...

Im ready then.

The lithe man rose and followed his 'mother' from the room wondering idly if he had been a solo birth... or part of a brood...did I indeed hatch then?..


Male Human Barbarian 1 - Rogue 2

Farid follows Kamlann and Seamus down the stairs listening to them but not offering anything more.

Cheliax

@ Syndir: Doubtful that you "hatched", as Aristizobel claims to be about as human as it gets, and claims that she has been that way a long time. She also made it a point to emphasize that you, too, are very much human.


HP:33/33 | AC:19 | T:16 | FF:17 | CMD:21 - 25 vs trip | F:5 | R:7 | W:10 | Perc:9 | SM:13 | Init:6

Yah I figured. Syndir is willing to let his imagination run free and explore abstract/twisted ideas at times. At the moment its a self deprecating, defensive action if you will...or his evidently, very poor attempt at humor ^_^


Male Human Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 3

Seamus meets the other man's stare with one of his own. What's going on is I've been framed for something I didn't do and now I'm dealing with it the best I can given the circumstances. If that's not enough for you, we've yet to leave the port and I'm sure you'd be welcome to disembark. You've been a help with my problems and I thank you for that but they are my problems and I'll choose how much I let someone know about them. Best to be rememberin' that if you're to be in my company.

Seamus suddenly lets out a low laugh as he settles himself down into a bunk. To be sure though, that sand beastie wasn't after me so don't go blaming all of tonight's excitement on me. Seems the lot of us would do well to leave town, so I'd advise you to put aside your misgivings and stick around for a little while longer.

Cheliax

Male Human Magus 3

Kamlann shakes his head. "Right. Stay here, with an arson and murder charge wrapped around my neck," he snarls. "Look, Haggrathy, I don't care one whit what you did or whether or not you actually did it. I just need to know what sort of resources your enemies are going to throw at us. That bounty hunter was bad enough -" - and I owe him, oh yes, I do, and Asmodeus knows I always pay my debts - "but if there's more coming I need to know about it."

The Chelaxian grimaces as he sits down on a crate. "In case you had forgotten, before that 'sand beastie' showed up, you and I were in the middle of negotiations over your assistance on a task of mine. We're not done with that - but I'd like to know how much of a premium I need to include for the extra complications."


Male Human Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 3

Given the hunter's abilities, I'd say it's safe to assume that their resources vastly outstrip our own and they're a dangerous and viscious group of people we don't want to have to meet. Always expect the worst and you'll be pleasantly surprised, that sort of thing.

As far as my services, we'll see what we can work out. My personal issues are my own and as such play no part in whatever work you need me for. Just know I do what I say I'm going to do and if we agree to an accord, then you can count on me regardless of what I have to do to follow through.


Male Human Barbarian 1 - Rogue 2

Farid continues to say nothing and just rummages through Syndir's pack to inventory what he had.

Whe he is done he looks up, "We getting paid for this service pirate?"


Male Human Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 3

Alright I think there may be some clarification needed. I'm under the impression that Kamlann was potentially hiring me for help with something, not the other way around. I'm not paying for anything cause I'm the one being hired, as far as I understand it.

Cheliax

Male Human Magus 3

That's correct. Kamlann is suggesting he's going to pay you less because of the baggage.


Male Human Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 3

That's what I figured but Farid's post confused me for a sec so just to make sure we're all on the same page.


Male Human Barbarian 1 - Rogue 2

Farid is assuming that getting on this boat is going to net us something other than free servitude. As he is just following right now he assumes Seamus knows what we are getting.


Male Human Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 3

Ahh, gotcha. Well we're getting something alright, I just ain't promising you'll like what it is. ;-)


Male Human Barbarian 1 - Rogue 2

I would be surprised if it was something I would like!

Cheliax

A quick question before I advance the scene(s). Is anyone, at any point, asking about your destination(s)? If so, when and how?


Male Human Barbarian 1 - Rogue 2

Farid is just following Seamus which is probably not the best idea but then at this point Farid is focusing his energy on avenging Syndir. He will have to get back to searching for Amin later.


Male Human Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 3

Seamus was planning on asking at some point in the future but not immediately no. He's been beaten, chased through the streets and shot in the chest. He's ready to just grab a bunk and deal with the particulars in the morning. :-)

Cheliax

Male Human Magus 3

Amusingly enough, Kamlann is also not going to ask, because he's so frustrated at having to give up as much control over his destiny as he has to get on the boat that he doesn't want to know - having agreed to this in the first place, he's just washing his hands of it and going where he's being taken.


HP:33/33 | AC:19 | T:16 | FF:17 | CMD:21 - 25 vs trip | F:5 | R:7 | W:10 | Perc:9 | SM:13 | Init:6

Syndir will when he gets up on deck and sees where they are. Especially if he doesnt recognize the place.

Cheliax

On the Wicked Wench: For a small wonder, Farid, Kamlann, and Seamus have un uneventful evening on board. Everyone gets a full night's rest.

In the morning, the three of you are roused by the sounds of various crewmen and laborers waking and working.

On Aristizobel's Ship: On deck, Syndir can see only the open sea in all directions. A stern, professional crew tends to the ship's needs. The captain - easily identified by his headwear - gives Syndir a curt nod.


Male Human Barbarian 1 - Rogue 2

I get 1 hp back per level correct. Did the ship leave port?


HP:33/33 | AC:19 | T:16 | FF:17 | CMD:21 - 25 vs trip | F:5 | R:7 | W:10 | Perc:9 | SM:13 | Init:6

Syndir returns the captains nod and tries to guage the time of day.

Good day Captain.

if the man looks receptive Syndir will ask where they are headed. If not, he'll just observe and enjoy breathing again.

Cheliax

@ Farid: One hit point per Hit Die, yep; and the Wicked Wench departed on time. You're at sea.

Cheliax

"Mmhm," replies the captain, who gives Syndir an insincere but not unprofessional half-smile.

It appears to be morning.

Cheliax

Male Human Magus 3
Garden Tool wrote:
You're at sea.

That we most certainly are.

Kamlann appears briefly on deck to scan the horizon, then disappears below again to start preparing his spells for the day.


HP:33/33 | AC:19 | T:16 | FF:17 | CMD:21 - 25 vs trip | F:5 | R:7 | W:10 | Perc:9 | SM:13 | Init:6

Still flush with air of nobility and having no idea as to the 'do's and donts' on a ship; Syndir approached the man.

Are we long from port captain? Ipeq right?

Cheliax

Flatly, the captain replies. "You'll be able to see the coast before the sun goes down."

The captain makes no eye contact, and simply stares lazily ahead.


HP:33/33 | AC:19 | T:16 | FF:17 | CMD:21 - 25 vs trip | F:5 | R:7 | W:10 | Perc:9 | SM:13 | Init:6

...going to be a long day then...

The Qadiran will look around for an open area where he wont interfere with the sailors hard at work. Finding a sizable space he flows into the first form he learned, appropriately called 'Little Training' and then right into the 'Three Battle Step' and 'Killing Four Directions'. Finished the physical he sat in the lotus and fell into the spiritual with his Qigong excersizes. It felt good to train and recenter himself in his circle. Balanced between the halves and empty. He was ready for whatever came next.

Cheliax

Gonna wait for Seamus, since he probably wants to have at least one next-day Wicked Wench interaction, if only to ask where he's going.


Male Human Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 3

Sorry for the delay.

Seamus heads up to the main deck and is greeted by the familiar sights and sounds of a ship in motion. Granted he was working at the request of a man who had shot him, he couldn't really be too upset at this particular moment.

Looking around the ship, he approaches what appears to be the first mate and gives the man a nod. Mind me asking where we're headed and what our charter is?

Cheliax

The first mate grimaces. "You're Haggrathy. Um. Well. Our destination is an undisclosed Arcadian island chain, but you're only going as far as our first chartered stop."

He smiles apologetically, and a little fearfully.

"That'd be the colonial barony of, uh... Sargava. Cap'ns orders. And I don't mean our cap'n. I mean Captain Endymion. So... er. Yup."

Cheliax

Male Human Magus 3

Toward the evening of the first day (assuming nothing happens beforehand to change things), Kamlann strides up to Farid and fixes him with a stare. "All right, Qadiran. I've heard Haggrathy's story for why his past almost got me killed. I think it's time I heard your part of the story. What were you and the nobleman doing in that tavern? What brought you to Totra, and that thrice-damned elemental with you?"


Male Human Barbarian 1 - Rogue 2

Farid stares right back, "I was there searching for someone who stole from me. Syndir agreed to accompany me because we were friends. Why that thing attacked him I am afraid has died with him - if even he knew. In the time that I have journeyed with him he never spoke of enemies. Why were you there? What enemies do you have that will strike at you that we should know about Kamlann?"


Male Human Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 3

Seamus felt his stomach drop, not at the location but at the name. Besmara's tit! Endymion! I'm in rougher waters than I thought if one of the Lords is involved. Seamus nodded vaguely at the captain with a mumbled. Thanks for the info.

Why in the hells am I being sent to Sargava? And for all of Dendragon's claims of creating the illusion of my death, it seems I'm not free of my Shackles troubles with that.

Seamus tried to think of anyone he might know in Sargava that could offer some info or help when he arrived, as he was clearly headed into further trouble.

Knowledge local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Cheliax

Male Human Magus 3
Farid Heydar wrote:
Farid stares right back, "I was there searching for someone who stole from me. Syndir agreed to accompany me because we were friends. Why that thing attacked him I am afraid has died with him - if even he knew. In the time that I have journeyed with him he never spoke of enemies. Why were you there? What enemies do you have that will strike at you that we should know about Kamlann?"

Kamlann tilts his head to one side, considering Farid for moment, before nodding. "An answer for an answer, then. I've made enemies, to be sure, Qadiran. I work for the Aspis Consortium, and not everyone likes how we do business - usually the ones just a bit slower than we are." He smiles nastily, then continues. "But all the people who want to kill me as badly as your friend's enemies wanted to kill him? They're all back in Cheliax, and as long as I don't go back, they've got no reason to come after me here."

"What was stolen from you?" Kamlann asks next.


HP:33/33 | AC:19 | T:16 | FF:17 | CMD:21 - 25 vs trip | F:5 | R:7 | W:10 | Perc:9 | SM:13 | Init:6

elsewhere...

Finished with his morning training and fast broken by a delicious meal...she surely spares no expense... Syndir sought out his former servant...if 'mother' wont answer any more questions then perhaps Jahoum will...

Excuse me Administrator. If I could have a word?

The monk will try to pull the man aside for a private conversation.

Forgive my interruption but I was wondering if you could tell me about my father...did he...survive the night of the fire?

Syndir was almost ashamed that he couldnt even speak about that night bluntly as he was typically wont to do. But he thought tact might be the best course under the circumstances.

Cheliax

House Administrator Jahoum regards you with contempt.

"No," is his only reply. His eyes suggest a longer answer, however. Something like: "and I almost didn't, either."

Once Farid and Kamlann wrap up, we'll advance the scene.


Male Human Barbarian 1 - Rogue 2

"My trust what else matters?"


HP:33/33 | AC:19 | T:16 | FF:17 | CMD:21 - 25 vs trip | F:5 | R:7 | W:10 | Perc:9 | SM:13 | Init:6

Syndir could only guess at the unspoken words of the older man and was again ashamed of his actions that fateful night.

For what its worth House Administrator Jahoum...I am sorry if I caused you any injury.

The monk will leave after a pause and go back up on deck to wait patiently for their docking.

Cheliax

Male Human Magus 3

Kamlann snorts. "At least it wasn't anything you couldn't stand to lose," he replies, then shrugs and turns away.


Male Human Barbarian 1 - Rogue 2

Farid does not respond knowing that a Chelexian could not understand what he was talking about, well not based on what he had heard about their people anyway.

Farid heads up to the deck to find Seamus and discover what it is they are doing. Once he finds Seamus.

"Well Pirate any idea what we are supposed to be doing yet?"


Male Human Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 3

Seamus glances at Farid as he comes up. We're headed to Sargava. More than that, you know as much as I do.

501 to 550 of 792 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Garden Tool's Suspicious Minds Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.