Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Inner Sea Megadungeon: Delving the Drowning Stones

Game Master Garden Tool

A site-based adventure featuring one of the Mwangi Expanse's largest ruins: the Drowning Stones.

GoogleDocs Maps


401 to 450 of 551 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

The holy water and alchemical supplies are readily available. A paladin-crafted wand of lesser restoration and a pair of arcane scrolls (infernal healing and snapdragon fireworks) are on order. Being in camp for thee days (counting today) means that Shange can rest (today) and two days of full bed rest (the next two days), which allows him to recover five points of Constitution.

During your first day (of two) of travel back along the trail, I'd like a set of Perception checks for everyone. Your checks can accompany your relative position in the marching order and your general activities during the first leg of the trip.


Along the trail:

Kargath will likely maintain the same position he did on the first foray, 2nd in line. He's not that keen on perception, but probably talks combat tactics quite a bit with Ojore, or anyone else who has a penchant for that.

perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8


M: Human Mwangi Gestalt Druid 1/Barbarian 1 || HP 15/15 || AC 20, T 13, FF 17, CMD 16 || F +4, R +2, W +4 || Per. +6 Init +2

In addition to tended Rest, Ojore can, and will cast Lesser Restoration on Shange every day so he should easily be back to full con before the end of the camp time. And I assume there were no taker's on Ojore's offer to cast Masterwork Transformation for anyone?

Ojore offers to take point with his cat. He is fine trading this off to anyone who wants to rotate. When not at point he will bring up the rear.

Perception:

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Male Human Magus 5/Rogue 3 (HP 51, AC 21 (25 w/ shield), Touch 15 (19), Flat 17 (21)) Arcane Pool 2/8

Nesipho takes the fourth spot in line again, chatting with Elsir or Ojore again as the mood suits them and him.

Perception:

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Varisian) Inquisitor (preacher) of Desna 3

Nicoleta remains on point, a little ahead of the others, and does little but pay attention to the trail and her surroundings. She does not actively avoid the company of the rest of the group, but it is hard not to realize that she is more comfortable on her own.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Grand Lodge

(Male Half Diviner (Foresight) 3 AC 13 / HP 19 / F +3 R +5 W +5 / Init. +15 / Perc. +12)

I did the math and I only had enough gold for 1 flask of holy water. Change reflected on sheet.

Current Spells:
Cantrips: Read Magic, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Ghost Sound 1st: Mage Armor, Grease, Silent Image, Burning Hands 2nd: Glitterdust, Invisibility, Create Pit

Dabbing his forehead with his perpetually clean hanky, Elsir follows behind Ojore, practicing his grasp of Mwangi dialectic with the muscular guide. During breaks and meals he will studiously withdraw from his Handy Haversack a quill and parchment and spend what little free time he has working towards transcribing one of his arcane equations to vellum. I'll be creating a scroll of Burning Hands during my down time. While marching Elsir will keep a sharp eye about the path, having quickly deduced that his vision seems to be superior to the rest of his companions.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

Dark Archive

The first day's journey is unremarkable. Your party covers the now-familiar first leg of the trail and makes camp without incident. Assuming no forced marches, Elsir has time to march and camp and still give the requisite 8 hours to scribing. Your scroll is scribed.

The next morning's journey is well underway when Elsir and Ojore suddenly pause, mid stride. Only a few hours from the site of the Drowning Stones, Shange scents the air as the elf and the druid exchange a concerned glance.

Elsir and Ojore:
Only about 30 feet off of the beaten trail, two Large-sized reptilian creatures with unusual and impressive ridges along their backs are basking in a tiny clearing, next to a small, swampy pond just off the beaten path. They have clearly noticed your collective approach, and their unknowable, reptilian gaze is following the passage of your party with keen interest.

Grand Lodge

(Male Half Diviner (Foresight) 3 AC 13 / HP 19 / F +3 R +5 W +5 / Init. +15 / Perc. +12)

Slowing his pace, Elsir begins to slowly move towards Ojore, making no threatening movements. "Ojore, do you recognize those beasts?' Elsir whispers leaning in towards the Mwagani guide.

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

It looks like it got missed, but Elsir was ok with selling the bracers of armor. Can we back date that to have occurred in camp with profits split amongst the party and the emergency fund?


M: Human Mwangi Gestalt Druid 1/Barbarian 1 || HP 15/15 || AC 20, T 13, FF 17, CMD 16 || F +4, R +2, W +4 || Per. +6 Init +2

I brought up selling those twice, but since you did not respond I did not want to push it. I think they were worth 1000 gold so would sell for half that, or just 100 gold each. Maybe better for you to hang on to them for now. Your call. If nothing else its a compact and secure way to carry 500 gold around. :)

Seeing the threat the druid is already in motion. Ojore directs Shange to guard the wizard, tells Elsir quietly Move the party along quickly. and takes a few unthreatening steps off the path towards the reptiles. He begins to make clicking and cooing noises in their direction.

Wild Empathy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Male Human Magus 5/Rogue 3 (HP 51, AC 21 (25 w/ shield), Touch 15 (19), Flat 17 (21)) Arcane Pool 2/8

Forgot to add my +6 perception skill on my rolls, but wouldn't have mattered if Nicoleta with her 17 didn't see them either.

Being appraised of the potential danger Nesipho moves along cautiously, keeping to the far side of what little path there is, his eyes trained on the strange reptiles. Occasionally glancing back at his brother with concern as he approaches closer to the beasts.


Kargath looked about with curiosity as Onore stopped the group, then motioned everyone to walk past slowly. He tried to peer around the druid to see what might be causing the hubbub.

Grand Lodge

(Male Half Diviner (Foresight) 3 AC 13 / HP 19 / F +3 R +5 W +5 / Init. +15 / Perc. +12)

With slow steady movements Elsir silently directs the group to continue moving down the path. There's several extremely large reptiles up ahead. I believe that Ojore is attempting to calm them while we pass. Please continue to move along and make no threatening gestures.

Yea Ojore, I mentioned at camp I was ok with selling them, but I think they got missed. If we did sell them then I could keep cranking out scrolls in the mean time. Otherwise, I'll hold onto it for now. I think the Brooch of Shielding was the real find.


M: Human Mwangi Gestalt Druid 1/Barbarian 1 || HP 15/15 || AC 20, T 13, FF 17, CMD 16 || F +4, R +2, W +4 || Per. +6 Init +2

OK. Then lets consider it sold and everyone has an extra 100 gold.

Dark Archive

@ Elsir:
You are able to identify the reptiles as a pair of dimetrodon. You don't know much about them, but you do know that they are (or are closely related to) "dinosaurs," and are thus likely to be formidable predators or omnivores.

Ojore's approach is met with a long, low roar from one of the creatures. The creature sounds as though it is gargling with rocks. The druid takes this as a simple "come no further" gesture. The reptiles watch Ojore with cold-blooded regard, and monitor the movements of the party with equal concern, as the group passes through.

Consider the bracers retroactively sold.

Grand Lodge

(Male Half Diviner (Foresight) 3 AC 13 / HP 19 / F +3 R +5 W +5 / Init. +15 / Perc. +12)

Ojore Elsir hisses as he slowly skirts away from the beasts. I think the beasts are dimetrodons. I saw a reference to them once. I'm not sure however if they are grazers or predators. Are their teeth pointed? It should give you a clue as to their nature.

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Varisian) Inquisitor (preacher) of Desna 3

Watching the tense scene, Nicoleta checks to make sure her crossbow is loaded and cocked, but she continues to move slowly down the path, hoping Ojore can keep the large lizards from taking offense at the party's presence. As she does, she scans the local foliage again, in case other surprises might be approaching from a different angle. Perception check, if appropriate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26.


M: Human Mwangi Gestalt Druid 1/Barbarian 1 || HP 15/15 || AC 20, T 13, FF 17, CMD 16 || F +4, R +2, W +4 || Per. +6 Init +2

The druid stops his forward progress at the audible warning, but continues to try to sooth the large lizards. He stands in awe of such magnificent creatures and prays to Gozreh that he is not forced to try to hurt them.

Dark Archive

Discerning no additional threats nearby, Nicoleta and the remainder of the team are able to pass by safely while Ojore placates the dinosaurs. Though the situation is tense, especially for the brave druid, the reptilian pair holds their ground and makes no move to attack. The party is once again on their way.

Each dimetrodon is worth 800 xp, so that's 1600/5 = 320 xp for each PC. Isn't wild empathy convenient?


M: Human Mwangi Gestalt Druid 1/Barbarian 1 || HP 15/15 || AC 20, T 13, FF 17, CMD 16 || F +4, R +2, W +4 || Per. +6 Init +2

Nice! Its even better when you don't tank your charisma, but I always try anyway. lol. Rolled decent that time. And leaving the creatures alive not only helps save resources, but its way cooler for a druid not to have to fight animals from a role playing perspective. :)


Kargath kept peering around Elsir and Nephiso as they urged the dwarf to move on. He could tell they were worried about him interrupting Ojore's peaceful solution to the Dimetredon Dilemma, but he just wanted a better look at the lizards.

Kargath doesn't hit everything he sees, you know!


Male Human Magus 5/Rogue 3 (HP 51, AC 21 (25 w/ shield), Touch 15 (19), Flat 17 (21)) Arcane Pool 2/8

Having passed by the dinosaurs Nesipho jokes with Kargath, "What say I cast a spell on you to make you as large as one of them lizards and you go wrestle with it?"


"Now tha' sounds like a great idea! Mebbe we can cook 'em up when we're done. Bet them tastes like chicken."


Male Human Magus 5/Rogue 3 (HP 51, AC 21 (25 w/ shield), Touch 15 (19), Flat 17 (21)) Arcane Pool 2/8

"They might think dwarves taste like chicken."


"Bah! Ever'one knows dwarfs taste like steel and mammoth meat. Aged a year or so, an' mebbe doused in ale."

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Varisian) Inquisitor (preacher) of Desna 3

Nicoleta looks even less comfortable than usual at the conversation's turn.


Male Human Magus 5/Rogue 3 (HP 51, AC 21 (25 w/ shield), Touch 15 (19), Flat 17 (21)) Arcane Pool 2/8

"Ale basted mammoth? Not many mammoths around here. You might find yourself on the list of delicacies in these parts Kargath. But should the opportunity arise, I think I'll pass on a taste test for that."

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Noting Nicoleta's troubled face regarding the conversation Nesipho's lips turn to a slight frown. "You seem uneasy Nicoleta. Does our jesting trouble you so? Or is something else on your mind?"


M: Human Mwangi Gestalt Druid 1/Barbarian 1 || HP 15/15 || AC 20, T 13, FF 17, CMD 16 || F +4, R +2, W +4 || Per. +6 Init +2

Once safely away from the threat Ojore joins the conversation. Good thing you two did not try to fight those lizards Nesipho. I am not sure which side I would have joined to help. his smile at his older brother shows he only jests though.


Male Human Magus 5/Rogue 3 (HP 51, AC 21 (25 w/ shield), Touch 15 (19), Flat 17 (21)) Arcane Pool 2/8

Putting his hand to one side of his mouth and turning slightly away from the dwarf, Nesipho whispers loud enough to be heard by the dwarf, "I think you'd find that ale basted mammoth meat a bit tough for your liking Ojore. Chicken flavored reptile would be better suited to your appetite."

Dark Archive

According to the rough map that you were given, your party ought to be approaching the Drowning Stones at the end of your march. Will you be traveling all the way to the stones today, or resting some ways off and completing the last of your journey in the morning? Once you reach the Drowning Stones, you'll have to start making "forced march" checks if you want to do much else besides set up camp, and sleep at the dungeon's door...


M: Human Mwangi Gestalt Druid 1/Barbarian 1 || HP 15/15 || AC 20, T 13, FF 17, CMD 16 || F +4, R +2, W +4 || Per. +6 Init +2

Ojore looks for a good place to set up camp as the group marches on.

Survival: 10 + 9 = 19 Taking 10

Its getting late in the day. I think we should stop here and camp for the night. That will allow us to arrive and the stones fresh and ready to explore and react to whatever we might find there. I, for one, am more at home in the jungle than in some strange rune.


Male Human Magus 5/Rogue 3 (HP 51, AC 21 (25 w/ shield), Touch 15 (19), Flat 17 (21)) Arcane Pool 2/8

"We will have plenty of opportunities to sleep in the ruins. No reason to do so tonight."


"A dwarf be happiest unner stone, but I'll sleep ou' here witcha if'n ye're of a mind t'. Jest be ready t' hit th' ruins first thing in th' mornin'"


M: Human Mwangi Gestalt Druid 1/Barbarian 1 || HP 15/15 || AC 20, T 13, FF 17, CMD 16 || F +4, R +2, W +4 || Per. +6 Init +2

Oh, smart big brother. You bring a druid along. But you choose not to take his advice on survival in the jungle. Ojore chides in a joking manner. There will likely be threats at the stones. I'd face them well rested and in the full light of day please.

Grand Lodge

(Male Half Diviner (Foresight) 3 AC 13 / HP 19 / F +3 R +5 W +5 / Init. +15 / Perc. +12)

Hrm, well yes that's a very good point Ojore. If you believe that it is in our best interests to rest here for the evening, then I will not counter you.


Male Human Magus 5/Rogue 3 (HP 51, AC 21 (25 w/ shield), Touch 15 (19), Flat 17 (21)) Arcane Pool 2/8

Hmm, I must not have been clear. I think we should stop here, away from the ruins for tonight.

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Varisian) Inquisitor (preacher) of Desna 3

Nicoleta seems amenable to either choice, and as the majority seems to favor completing the last of the journey in the morning, begins helping Ojore look for a good campsite. Survival 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Dark Archive

In the fifth hour of your shift, I need Perception checks from everyone. Kargath and Nicoleta are awake and on watch. Everyone else gets a -10 for being asleep.


Kargath was talking with Nicoleta in a low voice, chatting away at the inquisitor, though the woman wasn't talking much back. At one point, the dwarf paused for breath and noticed the night sounds were different, somehow. He stopped talking and turned to listening instead, spinning slowly in a circle, letting his darkvision show him the area around the camp.

perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17


Male Human Magus 5/Rogue 3 (HP 51, AC 21 (25 w/ shield), Touch 15 (19), Flat 17 (21)) Arcane Pool 2/8

perception 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (13) - 4 = 9


M: Human Mwangi Gestalt Druid 1/Barbarian 1 || HP 15/15 || AC 20, T 13, FF 17, CMD 16 || F +4, R +2, W +4 || Per. +6 Init +2

Perception: 1d20 + 8 - 10 ⇒ (9) + 8 - 10 = 7 Ojore

Perception: 1d20 + 6 - 10 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 10 = 8 Shange

zzzzzzz

Grand Lodge

(Male Half Diviner (Foresight) 3 AC 13 / HP 19 / F +3 R +5 W +5 / Init. +15 / Perc. +12)

Perception 1d20 + 12 - 10 ⇒ (10) + 12 - 10 = 12
Perception 1d20 + 12 - 10 ⇒ (13) + 12 - 10 = 15

Going to spend a roll on Prescience 6 remaining for the day
Edit: 15 it is

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Varisian) Inquisitor (preacher) of Desna 3

Perception check 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26.

Dark Archive

Nicoleta, despite Kargath's rambling (but certainly interesting, if true!) personal accounts and stories, maintains the presence of mind to catch a now-familiar glimpse, through the reeds and undergrowth that choke the swamp... the flash of moonlight upon wide, fish-like eyes.

Nicoleta's sharp mind registers that it is unlikely (or at least unusual) to spot only one lurking ulat-kini. Their eyes locked, the "skum" makes no move to attack, move, or even signal. It just watches. It is perhaps thirty feet off the trail, and hunkered down low.

Initiative starts when one party takes hostile action against another, so if Nicoleta is going to attack, roll it up. If not, you can cast a spell, shout, or do whatever else (although your actions might provoke the lurking skum to attack).

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Varisian) Inquisitor (preacher) of Desna 3

Nicoleta's starknives are in her hands in seconds, and she says with unaccustomed forcefulness, "Kargath," cutting the dwarf off in mid-sentence. "Skum. Ten paces, there." She starts heading toward the ulat-kini with speed, hissing, "Watch for others, and wake the camp."

Nicoleta takes a move action to approach the watcher. I am not rolling an attack because I'm not necessarily attacking - but since I am moving aggressively toward the skum with weapons in hand, it might not realize that.


Kargath moves among the sleeping figures, kicking them awake. "Get up. More o' them fish faces sneakin' about."

Grand Lodge

(Male Half Diviner (Foresight) 3 AC 13 / HP 19 / F +3 R +5 W +5 / Init. +15 / Perc. +12)

Oof! As Elsir is rudely kicked away he props himself up with one hand while looking around bleary eyed. Wha, more? Pushing himself to his feet he groggily looks around while taking no overtly hostile action. perception. Just a few days here and I have been nearly killed almost four times. Randall Was right, this place may very well be the death of me. Well, does anyone know what language they speak? It has not attacked yet so either it is waiting for others before it does, or it is curious about us and wishes to learn more.

Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

Dark Archive

Elsir spots it, standing sill as stone. It's eyes narrow.

Anyone else want to do anything in particular, upon waking?


M: Human Mwangi Gestalt Druid 1/Barbarian 1 || HP 15/15 || AC 20, T 13, FF 17, CMD 16 || F +4, R +2, W +4 || Per. +6 Init +2

Ojore struggles from sleep. The process is speeded up by a dwarven boot in the gut trying to rearrange the meal he ate the night before. Once he understands what is going on he quickly stands and looks to where the "threat" is indicated.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Unsure exactly where the creature is, he begins walking in its direction calmly and without his armor or a weapon. Shange, stay. He commands in polyglot. This creature had not attacked yet, and it obviously could have. he says calmly. Lets see what it wants. Keeping his hands at his sides he moves to within 20 feet or so and stops, waiting.


Male Human Magus 5/Rogue 3 (HP 51, AC 21 (25 w/ shield), Touch 15 (19), Flat 17 (21)) Arcane Pool 2/8

Nesipho resists the urge to trip the dwarf, given the dwarfs fighting style it probably would not end well for the Mwangi.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Seeing everyone else looking off into the darkness in the same direction he focuses his vision in that area. He slowly picks up his spear and stays in a low crouch but otherwise does not move.

Ready action to cast daze on the creature should it, or anything else possibly hiding out there, attack us.

Dark Archive

Nicoleta and Kargath watch as the ulat-kini stealthily begins to withdraw further into the foliage...

Everyone is up, and the creature seems to be backing off...

401 to 450 of 551 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Garden Tool's Delving the Drowning Stones Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.