Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Inner Sea Megadungeon: Delving the Drowning Stones

Game Master Garden Tool

A site-based adventure featuring one of the Mwangi Expanse's largest ruins: the Drowning Stones.

GoogleDocs Maps


51 to 100 of 551 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

M: Human Mwangi Gestalt Druid 1/Barbarian 1 || HP 15/15 || AC 20, T 13, FF 17, CMD 16 || F +4, R +2, W +4 || Per. +6 Init +2

What about Nicoleta. She had indicated that she would act.

Ojore casts Shillelagh on his club and 5 foot steps towards the creature. First he calls out to his friends to make sure they are awake. We are beset! and then he gives his lion a command. Attack! Free action, indicating spider.

Handle Animal: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Shange moves quickly forward and attempts to bite.

Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 171d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Varisian) Inquisitor (preacher) of Desna 3

This is a surprise round, so the only way Shange could move and attack in the same round would be do a partial charge, but I think the difficult terrain prevents that...


M: Human Mwangi Gestalt Druid 1/Barbarian 1 || HP 15/15 || AC 20, T 13, FF 17, CMD 16 || F +4, R +2, W +4 || Per. +6 Init +2

I am hoping that is not the case. Both light and heavy undergrowth are marked and Shange did not pass through any. But if he cannot partial charge he will still move up to threaten.


Male Human Magus 5/Rogue 3 (HP 51, AC 21 (25 w/ shield), Touch 15 (19), Flat 17 (21)) Arcane Pool 2/8

The path Shange would have taken is free of rough terrain, but I don't recall where Shange started - the tree at AI10 might have been in the way, or some of the party.

With a bite attack roll of 5 probably a moot point anyway though - unless between charging to get +2 to hit and attacking a prone target for another +4 is enough.


M: Human Mwangi Gestalt Druid 1/Barbarian 1 || HP 15/15 || AC 20, T 13, FF 17, CMD 16 || F +4, R +2, W +4 || Per. +6 Init +2

Bite was a roll of 11 with a +6 modifier. Damage was 5. I did include a space thinking that the attack roll and the damage roll would come out on separate lines, but they did not. Still learning how to use this interface.

Cheliax

1.) You can't charge through your own allies (a common mistake), so no single-action charge. Shange would have had to simply move up.

2.) I did in fact skip Nicoleta, not that it should impact much. She should go ahead now. Sorry!

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Varisian) Inquisitor (preacher) of Desna 3

Nicoleta rises to her feet, shouting to her allies. "Wake! Wake, for your lives!"

Yeah, doesn't make too much of a difference.

Grand Lodge

(Male Half Diviner (Foresight) 3 AC 13 / HP 19 / F +3 R +5 W +5 / Init. +15 / Perc. +12)

@Garden: Wanted to be clear that during my round I used my Move Action to Stand, and my Standard Action to Cast. The map has me as prone.

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Varisian) Inquisitor (preacher) of Desna 3

Again, it's a surprise round. You can't stand and cast both this round.

Grand Lodge

(Male Half Diviner (Foresight) 3 AC 13 / HP 19 / F +3 R +5 W +5 / Init. +15 / Perc. +12)

@Nicoleta: My fault, thanks


M: Human Mwangi Gestalt Druid 1/Barbarian 1 || HP 15/15 || AC 20, T 13, FF 17, CMD 16 || F +4, R +2, W +4 || Per. +6 Init +2

So, did you cast, or stand? Easier to assume that you cast from prone at this point.

Grand Lodge

(Male Half Diviner (Foresight) 3 AC 13 / HP 19 / F +3 R +5 W +5 / Init. +15 / Perc. +12)

Cast grease.

Cheliax

...
..
.

Reposting initiative and map for page 2.

INITIATIVE:
Elsir @ 25
Kargath @ 19
Nicoleta @ 18
Shange @ 17
Ojore @ 14
Giant Spider @ 13
Nesipho @ 9

COMBAT MAP:
Here's the map. Also, if you change your condition (such as by standing from prone) on your turn, change the combat notes on the map to reflect the latest information.

GIANT SPIDER'S ACTIONS:
The giant spider stands up as a move action.

Shange's bite attack of opportunity: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Shange's bite damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

The giant spider takes 3 damage.

The giant spider bites Shange as a standard action.

Giant spider's bite attack: 1d20 ⇒ 1 (modifier withheld)

The giant spider takes a 5-foot step into space AP-6.


The great arachnid struggles to upright itself, and makes a desperate but hopeless lunge at Shange. The horrid white spider earns a nip from the young lion for its mistake, and scrambles backwards through the undergrowth. The creature jangles and crashes through the foliage, but makes not a sound save for the singlular clack of its' mandibles.

Nesipho may awaken at his option, (as may Kargath), but neither may act in the surprise round. A new round begins, and it is Elsir's turn.

EDIT: I should note that the giant spider appears to have a reach of only 5 feet.


Hearing the shout, Kargath awakes with a snort. The dwarf immediately rubs the sleep from his eyes and prepares to attack, even while casting about looking for the danger.

]I may have missed it in the dicscussion, but are we to post combat actions in turn, or as we can and let the DM merge them together?

Cheliax

In turn, which is part of the reason we all need to post at least once a day. That said, if somebody wants to give standing orders like "go ahead and have me delay if somebody else post before the next bad guy is supposed to go," that's fine.


Male Human Magus 5/Rogue 3 (HP 51, AC 21 (25 w/ shield), Touch 15 (19), Flat 17 (21)) Arcane Pool 2/8

Having been away from the jungle for a number of years Nesipho is no longer acclimatized to the heat as he once was and seems to struggle through the heat enhanced fog of sleep. The growling of Shange and the shouts of his companions are sufficient though to bring him from his slumber. Even so he feels sluggish and is slow to respond to calls of battle.

Wake up and await my slow init roll to take an action - assuming it isn't dead by then :)

Grand Lodge

(Male Half Diviner (Foresight) 3 AC 13 / HP 19 / F +3 R +5 W +5 / Init. +15 / Perc. +12)

There's something not quite right about this beast, it is remarkably silent... and we were warned of spellcasters operating in this area, is it possible this is an illusion? Attempt to disbelieve Scrambling to his feet Elsir unlimbers his Longbow and takes aim at the spider, letting fly with the arrow.

Longbow Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Longbow Damage 1d8 ⇒ 4
Disbelieve 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Prescience 1d20 ⇒ 1

GT, seeing as how I interacted with the spider during the last round, I would like to attempt to disbelieve that the spider exists. Primarily Elsir's suspicions are aroused due to the fact the large creature has a limited reach and lack of noise.

Edit: Rough rolls for Prescience!


M: Human Mwangi Gestalt Druid 1/Barbarian 1 || HP 15/15 || AC 20, T 13, FF 17, CMD 16 || F +4, R +2, W +4 || Per. +6 Init +2

You said "jangles and crashes through the foliage, but makes not a sound save for the singlular clack of its' mandibles". Does that mean we hear the jangling of the jewelry and the crash through the foliage, but that the creature itself is silent, i.e. does not call out ? Or are you saying that there should be noise, but all we hear is the clack of the mandibles?


Kargath leaped to his feet and stumbled a bit on his blanket as he ran for the monstrous spider. "Ye'll not be eatin' this dwarf in 'is sleep, ye eight-legged freak! How about tastin' some knuckle sandwiches?"

Round 1:

kargath stands (move) and rushes over to the spider (move 20')

Cheliax

Ojore wrote:
You said "jangles and crashes through the foliage, but makes not a sound save for the singlular clack of its' mandibles". Does that mean we hear the jangling of the jewelry and the crash through the foliage, but that the creature itself is silent, i.e. does not call out ? Or are you saying that there should be noise, but all we hear is the clack of the mandibles?

You have the right of it, the creature itself makes no sound.

Cheliax

@ Celeador: Your longbow should deal 1d8-1 damage. More importantly, you won't be able to attack with it this turn - you can draw a weapon "as a part of movement" according to Quick Draw, or "as combined with a regular move" according to the combat rules (i.e. as a move action to move up to your speed), but not as a move action to do anything else. This is a common mistake, but I believe the rules are fairly clear on this point. You're still entitled to a save vs. disbelief (which turns up nothing), and I'll assume that Elsir stood and drew his bow on his turn. You can take back the Prescience roll if you like, since you couldn't have rolled anything just standing and drawing, and I doubt you expect to have to make a saving throw.

It is Nicoleta's turn.

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Varisian) Inquisitor (preacher) of Desna 3

Nicoleta flips up one of the starknives at her belt as she warily approaches the spider; she thinks she spots an opening with the thing focused on Shange, and slashes out at it. At work and so can't see the map, but I'm pretty sure there should be someplace for her to move to get within attack range. Move action to approach (readying both mw starknives in the process), then standard action to attack.

Starknife attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Damage 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Cheliax

Nicoleta's attack goes wide as the nimble spider properly regains its footing and lurches out of the way.

Shange and Ojore's turns are next (in that order).


M: Human Mwangi Gestalt Druid 1/Barbarian 1 || HP 15/15 || AC 20, T 13, FF 17, CMD 16 || F +4, R +2, W +4 || Per. +6 Init +2

Shange moves around Nicoleta, closes, and attacks with a bite.

Bite Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 171d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Ojore circles around the tree and using a double move close into a flank. He seems to move with little effort through areas of undergrowth.

Note that I did not try to have the cat wait for the flank. To me that assumes too much control/communication between Ojore and his companion. But in general my plan is for the two to be flanking buddies all the time. It will just take a round or two to get into place. I hope you are good with that.

Grand Lodge

(Male Half Diviner (Foresight) 3 AC 13 / HP 19 / F +3 R +5 W +5 / Init. +15 / Perc. +12)
Garden Tool wrote:
@ Celeador: Your longbow should deal 1d8-1 damage. More importantly, you won't be able to attack with it this turn - you can draw a weapon "as a part of movement" according to Quick Draw, or "as combined with a regular move" according to the combat rules (i.e. as a move action to move up to your speed), but not as a move action to do anything else. This is a common mistake, but I believe the rules are fairly clear on this point. You're still entitled to a save vs. disbelief (which turns up nothing), and I'll assume that Elsir stood and drew his bow on his turn. You can take back the Prescience roll if you like, since you couldn't have rolled anything just standing and drawing, and I doubt you expect to have to make a saving throw.

@GT: Thanks, *shakes head* I thought strength penalty just applied to thrown weapons. Then I went back and re-read page 16 and there it was. Guess I'll have to start using a crossbow. Same as well with regular move, vs move action. Thanks for your patience.

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Varisian) Inquisitor (preacher) of Desna 3

Does light undergrowth prevent 5 ft steps?

Cheliax

@ Nicoleta: Yes, as does any terrain that halves movement or requires more than one square of movement. Light undergrowth also provides 20% concealment.

Proving surprisingly agile, the spider turns aside the lion’s attack. Shange bites down on nothing but a mouthful of solid gold; the spider’s bangles and bracers turn aside the lion’s otherwise-perfect lunge.

The eerily-pale arachnid turns to sting Shange in return, lunging at the lion with its mandibles.

GIANT SPIDER'S ACTIONS:
Giant Spider's bite attack: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Still not recovered from its' clumsy tumble down the greased tree trunk, the spider's attack is foiled as Shange turns a failed attack into a successful defense, tugging on the gold-clad limb he's latched onto, ruining the spider's attempt at a counter-attack.

It is Nesipho's turn.


Male Human Magus 5/Rogue 3 (HP 51, AC 21 (25 w/ shield), Touch 15 (19), Flat 17 (21)) Arcane Pool 2/8

Coming fully awake at last from the continued sounds of combat, Nesipho rolls to his feet. He hooks his toes underneath his spear and pulls it upward into his hand.

Move action: stand up
Standard Action: pick up an item (spear)

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Varisian) Inquisitor (preacher) of Desna 3

That's Elsir's turn then, yeah?

Cheliax

Elsir, then Kargath, then you.

Grand Lodge

(Male Half Diviner (Foresight) 3 AC 13 / HP 19 / F +3 R +5 W +5 / Init. +15 / Perc. +12)

Elsir quickly casts his eye over the skirmish considering his options. Hostile fauna on flat surface, surrounded by multiple combatants. excellent, grease it is.

Elsir will drop his bow and arrow free action, retrieve his Pearl of Power from his Handy Haversack move action and with a mutter and arcane gesture will cast grease again in the 10x10 square occupied by the spider. standard action In theory this should work.

Grease, DC15

Cheliax

REFLEX SAVE:
Giant spider's Reflex save: 1d20 ⇒ 10 (modifier withheld)

Suddenly, the spider scrambles in place, it's legs flailing. The creature skids an inch or two to one side, but does not fall. The ground beneath it gains a subtle shine - it seems Elsir is making suppertime a difficult prospect for the unfortunate predator.

It is Kargath's turn.

Andoran

Human (Minkai) Samurai (sword saint) 7 (Order of the Warrior)

Kargath rushes forward, winding up his fist as though preparing to throw something - but all he unleashes is a nasty right cross with his cestus. "All right, ye overgrown jungle tick!" he shouts. "Let's see how ye be likin' this!"

Move action: move to AP7 via AP8 to avoid the AoO.
Standard action: cestus attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Cestus damage 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Crit confirm 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Crit damage 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Varisian) Inquisitor (preacher) of Desna 3

I swear, if I managed to crit with someone else's character and then don't do a thing this whole combat with my own...

The two starknives in Nicoleta's hands flash in the firelight as she slashes at the abomination.

Not waiting for the flank, so full attack action from her current position.
Attack #1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Starknife damage 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Attack #2 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Determination reroll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Starknife damage 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Varisian) Inquisitor (preacher) of Desna 3

...

Yeah. Shange and Ojore.

Cheliax

Dude, you rerolled a 1 with another 1. Wow. The old "Shisumo's First Combat Curse" is in full effect. Do you do this in every campaign, or just mine? : P (If it makes you feel any better, I've rolled two 1's this combat, too.)

Kargath's cestus connects, bashing the monstrous spider in the face with a straightforward and devastating hook. The result is both comical and gruesome - Kargath simply punches the spider square in the face, and the spider-thing rears silently backward with a bent mandible and some sort of bile oozing from a partially-ruptured eyeball.

For her part, Nicoleta's first attack strikes the golden vambraces adoring the spider's limbs... her second attack hits the adjacent tree.

Cursing the spider's luck and her own mistfortune, Nicoleta and the rest of her party begin to wonder how this creature came to be so lavishly adorned. The pale arachnid demonstrates no apparent prehensile limb, nor any opposable digits or even apparent intelligence or speech.

What is this?


M: Human Mwangi Gestalt Druid 1/Barbarian 1 || HP 15/15 || AC 20, T 13, FF 17, CMD 16 || F +4, R +2, W +4 || Per. +6 Init +2

Finally in flanking position with the spider Ojore swings his enchanted club.

Club Swing: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 2 = 152d6 + 5 ⇒ (5, 3) + 5 = 13

And Shange makes a full attack trying to tear into the creature.

bite: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 2 = 241d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Claw1: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 2 = 231d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Claw2: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 2 = 241d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Well, at least Ojore provided the flank. Looks like his kitty goes to town here.

Cheliax

Ojore's club basically bounces off of the mosnter... but Shange, finally in a position to strike true, shreds the great spider's left side to ribbons with a flurry of teeth and nails. Trembling weirdly, the spider flails at the lion, trying in vain to deflect the mammal's fury.

GIANT SPIDER'S ACTIONS:
Giant spider's bite attack: 1d20 ⇒ 16 modifier withheld
Giant spider's bite damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Shange's Fortitude saving throw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Shange's Constitution damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3


Still standing, the huge spider instantly darts its head forward and clamps its mandibles down over Shange's ribs before jerking its head back again. The mandibles leave nasty, bloodied impressions on poor Shange's body, and the lion immediately seems ill. Shange's head lowers and the lion staggers to one side a step or two. For a moment, the young feline seems almost to want to curl up or lie down. Shange is clearly suffering badly.

It is Nesipho's turn.

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Varisian) Inquisitor (preacher) of Desna 3
Garden Tool wrote:
Dude, you rerolled a 1 with another 1. Wow. The old "Shisumo's First Combat Curse" is in full effect. Do you do this in every campaign, or just mine? : P (If it makes you feel any better, I've rolled two 1's this combat, too.)

No, the Paizo forums dice roller seriously actually hates me, at least as a player. It's something of a running joke in at least one of the other games I'm in... (sigh)


Male Human Magus 5/Rogue 3 (HP 51, AC 21 (25 w/ shield), Touch 15 (19), Flat 17 (21)) Arcane Pool 2/8

Pulling back Nesipho hurls his spear at the beast.

Standard Action (attack): 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 4 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
The -4 was for ranged into melee. Not sure if Nicoleta is providing it any soft cover or not.

He then rushes forward, his rapier coming out of its scabbard in a fluid motion as he does so. "You going to take all the fun Kargath?" The dwarf can have all the fun if he wants, and he is welcome to it.

Move action: move to AN9 drawing rapier while moving.

Cheliax

Nicoleta provides cover, and you're dealing with cover from the tree, too. Example #4 on this diagram pretty well exemplifies the tree cover situation. Sorry to say, that makes your attack roll a 15, which misses.

Nesipho's spear embeds itself in a tree - the gigantic spider never even notices it.

It is Elsir's turn.


everything is out of the house. At the hotel today and tomorrow so I should be able to post when it is my turn

Grand Lodge

(Male Half Diviner (Foresight) 3 AC 13 / HP 19 / F +3 R +5 W +5 / Init. +15 / Perc. +12)

Quite odd, quite odd indeed. Seems as if the "blood and guts" are well in hand. Perhaps there's more then the obvious here.

Cast detect magic

Cheliax

Scanning the scene of the battle before you reveals the presence of magical auras. Your team members or the spiders? Both? Time will tell.

Grand Lodge

(Male Half Diviner (Foresight) 3 AC 13 / HP 19 / F +3 R +5 W +5 / Init. +15 / Perc. +12)

Yea, it's not something that can be done on the fly sadly.


" Hah! Enjoyed a bit o' me fist, did ye? There be plenty more where tha' came from. ". Kargath gathered himself and lunged for the spider, avoiding fangs and lgs with the same unconcern as he ignored opponents' weapons in barroom brawls.

round 3?:

Attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Damage 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Varisian) Inquisitor (preacher) of Desna 3

If Kargath did not kill the spider:
Nicoleta lacks Kargath's vocal bravado, but seems to agree with his general intent, as she too continues her assault unabated.

Full attack action:
Starknife attack #1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Starknife attack #2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

If Kargath did kill the spider:
As soon as the abomination falls, Nicoleta rushes over to the side of the wounded lion, murmuring a prayer to Desna for the noble animal's survival. Cast guidance on the lion.

Because those were actually decent attack rolls, Kargath probably finished the thing off. *sigh*

Cheliax

The spider's hp does indeed go negative. It is dying.

Kargath fells the monstrous spider with another quick bash. The thing's head sort of... crumples in a way that any living creature would be hard-pressed to survive. Tottering in place, the collapsing spider begins to twitch, eerily.

It is Shange's turn. The guidance spell counteracts the lost Con modifier, so Shange's Fortitude save remains at +4

FORTITUDE SAVE:

Shange's Fortitude saving throw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Shange's Constitution damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

: /


Rushing to the lion's side, Nicoleta manages a quick prayer before Shange begins another round of convulsions. The lion lifts its' head to look at the inquisitor with great difficulty. Already, Shange's eyes are bleary and his breathing is plainly difficult. It begins to become apparent that the battle with the spider might have cost Shange his life.

Cheliax

Let's stay roughly on-initiaive, since the order of actions matters very much right now (at least to Shange). Everyone but Nicoleta still has a chance to act before Shange has to save again. Otherwise, order doesn't matter any longer (given that there are no longer any apparent enemies).

Let's have actions from (in no particular order) Elsir, Kargath, Nesipho, and Ojore. Then Shange will make his third save.


M: Human Mwangi Gestalt Druid 1/Barbarian 1 || HP 15/15 || AC 20, T 13, FF 17, CMD 16 || F +4, R +2, W +4 || Per. +6 Init +2

I am concerned that I can't make the poison DC with First Aid - Odds are at least 3 to 1 against it. Did anyone have a healer's kit?

Ojore rushes to Shange's side talking the cat in Polyglot, both soothing the animal and encouraging it. He casts his own guidance to help bolster its constitution.

What if I had tried first aid... For those of you who would always wonder. :):
First Aid: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

51 to 100 of 551 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Garden Tool's Delving the Drowning Stones Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.