Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

In the Light of Black Stars (Strange Aeons)

Game Master Thackery Baxter J Thorington

Current Map

Sanity Rules
It's crazy Lovecraftian fun! On Golarion!


701 to 750 of 887 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

The dreamers descend on the remaining creature. They rip it free from Hearda, prying its teeth and claws form his clothes. Amber's starknife cuts into its rubbery skin, cleanly severing one of it hands, and sending the thing to the floor. IT screams in rage and rushes forward, teeth gnashing at Feliks, bloodlust and insanity clear in its cloudy eyes. The halfling steps back for a moment and then brings his mace crashign down on the creature's head, splattering its remains against the walls. The chemical-soaked flesh quickly bubbles and melts into slick trails and globs of putrid reeking slime. A foul stench rises from the mess, churning the stomachs of all save Feliks.

Spew?:

DC 12 Fort Save
Amber: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Feliks: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Hearda: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Oldest One: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2

effects:

Hearda: -2 to Dex and Cha as he's covered in a nasty rash for 24 hours.
Oldest One: nauseated for 1 round
Hearda: nauseated for 1 round
Amber: nauseated for 1 round


HP -2/14 | AC 15 (T12 FF 13) | CMD 11 | San 42/43 Th 4 Edg 21 | F +0 R +2 W +2 | Per +4 | Init +2 | Spells 4/5

Once again the old man stumbled away retching - though this time there was nothing to bring up.


HP: 11/18 l AC: 15, T 12, FF 13 l CMD 13 (14 vs. disarm, 14 vs. steal) l Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +5 l Init +2 | L1: 3/3 | Inspire 3/4 l Sanity Score: 43, Threshold: +3, Damage: 2, Edge: 23 l Senses: Perception +7, Darkvision 60'
Skills:
Acro +2, Appraise +8 (BG), Bluff +6, Disguise +4 (+9 as human), Heal +7, Intimidate +8, *Kn.+8, Sense Motive +7, SofH +6, Spellcraft +7, Stealth +7, UMD +5
Male half-orc Investigator (Psychic Detective) 2 | Madness: Night Terrors | Active Conditions:

Hearda stumbles off to the side, retching helplessly. Once the spasms have subsided he turns to face the other dreamers, a look of reproach on his face. "I hope you are happy now." He then looks around the room for anything of interest.

Now what?:

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


HP -2/14 | AC 15 (T12 FF 13) | CMD 11 | San 42/43 Th 4 Edg 21 | F +0 R +2 W +2 | Per +4 | Init +2 | Spells 4/5

The old man wipes his face with his handkerchief. "Overjoyed. Let's see if we were right not to use fire."


HP: 6/18 l AC: 15, T 12, FF 13 l CMD 14 l F +4, R +2, W +6; +1 bonus vs. confused/dazed, +2 bonus vs. illusions l Sanity (38/44), Threshold (3), Edge (22) l Bit of Luck (7/7), Mental Focus (8/8) l L1: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +9, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Appraise +6, Diplomacy +6; +8 to gather info., Kn. Arcana/Local +6, Kn. History/Planes/Religion +7, Linguistics +6, Sense Motive + 5, Spellcraft +7, UMD +10
Female Half-Elf Reliquarian Occultist of Desna 2 l Active Conditions:

"Oh g-god...that's...eurgh...!" Amber gags, then retches as the smell hits her nose. After having given up her breakfast she wipes at her face before shakily rising to her feet again.

"Dead is b-better," she responds to Hearda, shaking her head. "Better us putting them down now than making one of those guards have to do it." With the immediate danger past, she begins trying to examine her surroundings a bit more thoroughly.

Searching...:

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10


HP 14/14 l AC 16, T 14, FF 13 l CMD 13 l F +1, R +10, W ++9 (+10 vs. fear, +4/+5 sans towering ego) l Init +12 | low-light vision; Perception +7 | Sanity 41/41, Threshold 5, Edge 20
Skills:
Acrobatics +9, Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Climb +2, Escape Artist +8, Linguistics (B) +5, Perception +7, Sleight of Hand (B) +8, Stealth +13
Spells:
L1: 4/4
Male halfling enigma mesmerist 2
Amber Irdait wrote:

"Oh g-god...that's...eurgh...!" Amber gags, then retches as the smell hits her nose. After having given up her breakfast she wipes at her face before shakily rising to her feet again.

"Dead is b-better," she responds to Hearda, shaking her head. "Better us putting them down now than making one of those guards have to do it." With the immediate danger past, she begins trying to examine her surroundings a bit more thoroughly.

** spoiler omitted **

"That's the gods' truth," Feliks said. He too looked about.

Rules:
Perc: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


The dreamers search the ruined, desperate to find some clue as to what has been going on. They find nothing but corpses and two relatively clean doctor's coats.

Where to now?


HP: 11/18 l AC: 15, T 12, FF 13 l CMD 13 (14 vs. disarm, 14 vs. steal) l Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +5 l Init +2 | L1: 3/3 | Inspire 3/4 l Sanity Score: 43, Threshold: +3, Damage: 2, Edge: 23 l Senses: Perception +7, Darkvision 60'
Skills:
Acro +2, Appraise +8 (BG), Bluff +6, Disguise +4 (+9 as human), Heal +7, Intimidate +8, *Kn.+8, Sense Motive +7, SofH +6, Spellcraft +7, Stealth +7, UMD +5
Male half-orc Investigator (Psychic Detective) 2 | Madness: Night Terrors | Active Conditions:

Hearda shakes his head in disgust at the lack of fruitfulness to the search.

This was a complete waste of time...and risky too. I hope the others have discovered we need to pick our battles wisely, else we will be trapped here...and have all the time to then fight them.

Scratching at his face where the rash from the vile creatures is still itching, he points out the way they came in, and the trail of ichor which led them here. "Let's backtrack here. I saw a room further in we can check out."

Where to now?:

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


HP: 6/18 l AC: 15, T 12, FF 13 l CMD 14 l F +4, R +2, W +6; +1 bonus vs. confused/dazed, +2 bonus vs. illusions l Sanity (38/44), Threshold (3), Edge (22) l Bit of Luck (7/7), Mental Focus (8/8) l L1: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +9, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Appraise +6, Diplomacy +6; +8 to gather info., Kn. Arcana/Local +6, Kn. History/Planes/Religion +7, Linguistics +6, Sense Motive + 5, Spellcraft +7, UMD +10
Female Half-Elf Reliquarian Occultist of Desna 2 l Active Conditions:

"Sounds like a plan," Amber agrees with a sigh. She still felt that their decision to take care of the horrible monsters was a sound one but didn't fancy arguing the point further, at least not right now. There was still much to do.


HP -2/14 | AC 15 (T12 FF 13) | CMD 11 | San 42/43 Th 4 Edg 21 | F +0 R +2 W +2 | Per +4 | Init +2 | Spells 4/5

"The sooner we can leave this smell the better" the old man said, and made for the door.


Hearda pushes open the door with a slight shove, the others close behind him. What he reveals is a ruined lounge. The ceiling has collapsed, crushing a table and couch. A mangled corpse peaks out from beneath the rubble.


HP: 11/18 l AC: 15, T 12, FF 13 l CMD 13 (14 vs. disarm, 14 vs. steal) l Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +5 l Init +2 | L1: 3/3 | Inspire 3/4 l Sanity Score: 43, Threshold: +3, Damage: 2, Edge: 23 l Senses: Perception +7, Darkvision 60'
Skills:
Acro +2, Appraise +8 (BG), Bluff +6, Disguise +4 (+9 as human), Heal +7, Intimidate +8, *Kn.+8, Sense Motive +7, SofH +6, Spellcraft +7, Stealth +7, UMD +5
Male half-orc Investigator (Psychic Detective) 2 | Madness: Night Terrors | Active Conditions:

Hearda places a finger to his lips motioning inside the room. Unwilling to alert any hidden threats he slowly steps inside as quietly as he dared, ears straining for any sounds...

All clear?:

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


HP: 6/18 l AC: 15, T 12, FF 13 l CMD 14 l F +4, R +2, W +6; +1 bonus vs. confused/dazed, +2 bonus vs. illusions l Sanity (38/44), Threshold (3), Edge (22) l Bit of Luck (7/7), Mental Focus (8/8) l L1: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +9, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Appraise +6, Diplomacy +6; +8 to gather info., Kn. Arcana/Local +6, Kn. History/Planes/Religion +7, Linguistics +6, Sense Motive + 5, Spellcraft +7, UMD +10
Female Half-Elf Reliquarian Occultist of Desna 2 l Active Conditions:

Amber peers anxiously into the room as Hearda begins creeping further inside. She draws her bow and trains it on the mangled corpse - buried on the rubble or not, she's not taking any chances after everything else they've seen here.

Waiting...:

Readied Action (Shortbow vs. Corpse): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


The stench of death hangs heavy in the ruined lounge. But no threats lurk within the shadows


HP: 11/18 l AC: 15, T 12, FF 13 l CMD 13 (14 vs. disarm, 14 vs. steal) l Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +5 l Init +2 | L1: 3/3 | Inspire 3/4 l Sanity Score: 43, Threshold: +3, Damage: 2, Edge: 23 l Senses: Perception +7, Darkvision 60'
Skills:
Acro +2, Appraise +8 (BG), Bluff +6, Disguise +4 (+9 as human), Heal +7, Intimidate +8, *Kn.+8, Sense Motive +7, SofH +6, Spellcraft +7, Stealth +7, UMD +5
Male half-orc Investigator (Psychic Detective) 2 | Madness: Night Terrors | Active Conditions:

Hearda nods silently and motions the others inside. "It is safe." He states, as he looks over the corpse.

What killed him?:

Heal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


HP -2/14 | AC 15 (T12 FF 13) | CMD 11 | San 42/43 Th 4 Edg 21 | F +0 R +2 W +2 | Per +4 | Init +2 | Spells 4/5

"Nothing" announces the old man, his voice breaking the silence. "No hideous nightmare creature. No mysterious whispering voice. Positively homely compared to what we've seen recently."


To Hearda's trained eye, the appears to have died because of the collapsed ceiling.


HP: 6/18 l AC: 15, T 12, FF 13 l CMD 14 l F +4, R +2, W +6; +1 bonus vs. confused/dazed, +2 bonus vs. illusions l Sanity (38/44), Threshold (3), Edge (22) l Bit of Luck (7/7), Mental Focus (8/8) l L1: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +9, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Appraise +6, Diplomacy +6; +8 to gather info., Kn. Arcana/Local +6, Kn. History/Planes/Religion +7, Linguistics +6, Sense Motive + 5, Spellcraft +7, UMD +10
Female Half-Elf Reliquarian Occultist of Desna 2 l Active Conditions:

"And that's what makes me nervous," Amber responds nervously. "But we'd still best have a thorough look around...don't want to miss something important," she continues as she ventures further into the room and begins looking around more closely.

Something to See?:

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


Amber warily searches through the rubble, avoiding the ruined mass from the corpse each time. But, though she takes as much care as her frantic and terrified mind allows, she cannot find any danger lurking in the shadows.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 11/18 l AC: 15, T 12, FF 13 l CMD 13 (14 vs. disarm, 14 vs. steal) l Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +5 l Init +2 | L1: 3/3 | Inspire 3/4 l Sanity Score: 43, Threshold: +3, Damage: 2, Edge: 23 l Senses: Perception +7, Darkvision 60'
Skills:
Acro +2, Appraise +8 (BG), Bluff +6, Disguise +4 (+9 as human), Heal +7, Intimidate +8, *Kn.+8, Sense Motive +7, SofH +6, Spellcraft +7, Stealth +7, UMD +5
Male half-orc Investigator (Psychic Detective) 2 | Madness: Night Terrors | Active Conditions:

Hearda watches the young woman search through the rubble quietly, wary of being caught off-guard. Once she has finished her task, he nods in acknowledgement. "We need to keep moving."

Stepping out of the room he peers to the north, noting the nameplate on the northern door reading Administrator Eliege Losandro.

This one may hold answers for us, whether living or no... Silently gliding up to it, he presses an ear to the wood listening intently...

Is there anybody out there?:

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Hearda hears naught but silence beyond the oaken door.


HP: 11/18 l AC: 15, T 12, FF 13 l CMD 13 (14 vs. disarm, 14 vs. steal) l Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +5 l Init +2 | L1: 3/3 | Inspire 3/4 l Sanity Score: 43, Threshold: +3, Damage: 2, Edge: 23 l Senses: Perception +7, Darkvision 60'
Skills:
Acro +2, Appraise +8 (BG), Bluff +6, Disguise +4 (+9 as human), Heal +7, Intimidate +8, *Kn.+8, Sense Motive +7, SofH +6, Spellcraft +7, Stealth +7, UMD +5
Male half-orc Investigator (Psychic Detective) 2 | Madness: Night Terrors | Active Conditions:

Hearda holds his hand up and motions the other dreamers to get into position. Once they indicated they are ready he then quietly pulls the door open.


HP: 6/18 l AC: 15, T 12, FF 13 l CMD 14 l F +4, R +2, W +6; +1 bonus vs. confused/dazed, +2 bonus vs. illusions l Sanity (38/44), Threshold (3), Edge (22) l Bit of Luck (7/7), Mental Focus (8/8) l L1: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +9, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Appraise +6, Diplomacy +6; +8 to gather info., Kn. Arcana/Local +6, Kn. History/Planes/Religion +7, Linguistics +6, Sense Motive + 5, Spellcraft +7, UMD +10
Female Half-Elf Reliquarian Occultist of Desna 2 l Active Conditions:

Amber nods and hurries to set up in a sniper-style position before Hearda opens the door...


Hearda opens the door with a cautious nudge of his foot, revealing the tastefully-decorated and spacious office of Administrator Eliege Losandro. A staircase in the back winds up to a second floor balcony dominated by floor-to ceiling bookshelves. Thick upholstered armchairs and couches sit along the opposite wall sanguinely posed beneath large floor-to ceiling glass windows of leaded glass. Beyond, thick clouds of yellow fog boil and splash against the glass, like waves upon the shore.

All of this he notices in but a moment's glance, for what consumes his attention most, is the site in the precise center of the room. A pool of blood, fresh and wet... far more than a single body could every produce glistens on the floor reflecting the weird multitude lights dancing though an otherworldly fog roiling just inches off its surface.


HP: 11/18 l AC: 15, T 12, FF 13 l CMD 13 (14 vs. disarm, 14 vs. steal) l Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +5 l Init +2 | L1: 3/3 | Inspire 3/4 l Sanity Score: 43, Threshold: +3, Damage: 2, Edge: 23 l Senses: Perception +7, Darkvision 60'
Skills:
Acro +2, Appraise +8 (BG), Bluff +6, Disguise +4 (+9 as human), Heal +7, Intimidate +8, *Kn.+8, Sense Motive +7, SofH +6, Spellcraft +7, Stealth +7, UMD +5
Male half-orc Investigator (Psychic Detective) 2 | Madness: Night Terrors | Active Conditions:

Hearda stands paralyzed by the terrifying sight before him. He glances behind him at the other dreamers before peering cautiously inside...

This won't end well...:

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Can we get a map update please?


yup! I posted on way to work, worry!


map has been updated!


HP: 6/18 l AC: 15, T 12, FF 13 l CMD 14 l F +4, R +2, W +6; +1 bonus vs. confused/dazed, +2 bonus vs. illusions l Sanity (38/44), Threshold (3), Edge (22) l Bit of Luck (7/7), Mental Focus (8/8) l L1: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +9, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Appraise +6, Diplomacy +6; +8 to gather info., Kn. Arcana/Local +6, Kn. History/Planes/Religion +7, Linguistics +6, Sense Motive + 5, Spellcraft +7, UMD +10
Female Half-Elf Reliquarian Occultist of Desna 2 l Active Conditions:

Amber nervously peers over Hearda's shoulder, paling so much at the sight of the blood that she almost appears as a wandering spirit.

"Wh...tha...that's fresh... she whispers as she looks around frantically for the source...or the culprit.

This Is Bad:

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


HP -2/14 | AC 15 (T12 FF 13) | CMD 11 | San 42/43 Th 4 Edg 21 | F +0 R +2 W +2 | Per +4 | Init +2 | Spells 4/5

"What do you see?" whispers the old man from behind them.


HP: 11/18 l AC: 15, T 12, FF 13 l CMD 13 (14 vs. disarm, 14 vs. steal) l Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +5 l Init +2 | L1: 3/3 | Inspire 3/4 l Sanity Score: 43, Threshold: +3, Damage: 2, Edge: 23 l Senses: Perception +7, Darkvision 60'
Skills:
Acro +2, Appraise +8 (BG), Bluff +6, Disguise +4 (+9 as human), Heal +7, Intimidate +8, *Kn.+8, Sense Motive +7, SofH +6, Spellcraft +7, Stealth +7, UMD +5
Male half-orc Investigator (Psychic Detective) 2 | Madness: Night Terrors | Active Conditions:

"Blood," Hearda breathes softly as he gazes further into the room, "and something else...something WRONG..." He proceeds no further, instead studying the strange fog surrounding the blood searching every scrap of knowledge he has gleaned so far...

What be it?:

Knowledge (??), use Inspiration here: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (13) + 8 + (5) = 26 Add +1 for History.


Amber cannot sense anything within the fog, although she's sure there's something there. Perhaps the source of the blood rests in the fog? Beside her, Hearda studies the fog. Despite his years of study, he cannot remember anything that could be the source of this unnatural fog. He is sure that it's not natural.


HP -2/14 | AC 15 (T12 FF 13) | CMD 11 | San 42/43 Th 4 Edg 21 | F +0 R +2 W +2 | Per +4 | Init +2 | Spells 4/5

The old man peeks around the corner and ducks back.

mechanics:
If dungeoneering can help, he'll aid Hearda. knowledge: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


HP: 11/18 l AC: 15, T 12, FF 13 l CMD 13 (14 vs. disarm, 14 vs. steal) l Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +5 l Init +2 | L1: 3/3 | Inspire 3/4 l Sanity Score: 43, Threshold: +3, Damage: 2, Edge: 23 l Senses: Perception +7, Darkvision 60'
Skills:
Acro +2, Appraise +8 (BG), Bluff +6, Disguise +4 (+9 as human), Heal +7, Intimidate +8, *Kn.+8, Sense Motive +7, SofH +6, Spellcraft +7, Stealth +7, UMD +5
Male half-orc Investigator (Psychic Detective) 2 | Madness: Night Terrors | Active Conditions:

Hearda motions to the staircase leading upwards to the shelves loaded with their tantalizing tomes. "Another key lies up there I am sure. We need to risk this!"

While Hearda would like to risk whatever dangers are posed here, I am OK with backtracking and looking for clues elsewhere.


HP 14/14 l AC 16, T 14, FF 13 l CMD 13 l F +1, R +10, W ++9 (+10 vs. fear, +4/+5 sans towering ego) l Init +12 | low-light vision; Perception +7 | Sanity 41/41, Threshold 5, Edge 20
Skills:
Acrobatics +9, Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Climb +2, Escape Artist +8, Linguistics (B) +5, Perception +7, Sleight of Hand (B) +8, Stealth +13
Spells:
L1: 4/4
Male halfling enigma mesmerist 2

Feliks tried not to look at the blood or the fog.

"Could we take the books to read elsewhere? Something could come out of...that. Either of...those." He shivered.


So.. which way are you going? back out or further in?


HP: 6/18 l AC: 15, T 12, FF 13 l CMD 14 l F +4, R +2, W +6; +1 bonus vs. confused/dazed, +2 bonus vs. illusions l Sanity (38/44), Threshold (3), Edge (22) l Bit of Luck (7/7), Mental Focus (8/8) l L1: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +9, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Appraise +6, Diplomacy +6; +8 to gather info., Kn. Arcana/Local +6, Kn. History/Planes/Religion +7, Linguistics +6, Sense Motive + 5, Spellcraft +7, UMD +10
Female Half-Elf Reliquarian Occultist of Desna 2 l Active Conditions:

"It's risky but we may as well try and give it a better look while we're here," Amber finally responds after chewing on her lip for a moment.
______

Add another vote for going further in!


HP: 11/18 l AC: 15, T 12, FF 13 l CMD 13 (14 vs. disarm, 14 vs. steal) l Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +5 l Init +2 | L1: 3/3 | Inspire 3/4 l Sanity Score: 43, Threshold: +3, Damage: 2, Edge: 23 l Senses: Perception +7, Darkvision 60'
Skills:
Acro +2, Appraise +8 (BG), Bluff +6, Disguise +4 (+9 as human), Heal +7, Intimidate +8, *Kn.+8, Sense Motive +7, SofH +6, Spellcraft +7, Stealth +7, UMD +5
Male half-orc Investigator (Psychic Detective) 2 | Madness: Night Terrors | Active Conditions:

Hearda nods in agreement as he again looks up to the tantalizing books just out of reach. Edging his way into the room, he picks up a small stone and gently tosses it just outside the pool of blood...hoping nothing reacts to the impact.


HP -2/14 | AC 15 (T12 FF 13) | CMD 11 | San 42/43 Th 4 Edg 21 | F +0 R +2 W +2 | Per +4 | Init +2 | Spells 4/5

The old man stows his stick by the door. Acid in one hand, fire in the other, he stands ready to cover his companions.


The multihued-mists swirl and billow as the rock soars through their coils. A wet splash follows as the rock, lost in the fog, lands in the pool of blood. Moments later, the rock rolls across the blood and floor, leaving a read streak as it comes to rest beside Hearda's boot.


HP: 11/18 l AC: 15, T 12, FF 13 l CMD 13 (14 vs. disarm, 14 vs. steal) l Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +5 l Init +2 | L1: 3/3 | Inspire 3/4 l Sanity Score: 43, Threshold: +3, Damage: 2, Edge: 23 l Senses: Perception +7, Darkvision 60'
Skills:
Acro +2, Appraise +8 (BG), Bluff +6, Disguise +4 (+9 as human), Heal +7, Intimidate +8, *Kn.+8, Sense Motive +7, SofH +6, Spellcraft +7, Stealth +7, UMD +5
Male half-orc Investigator (Psychic Detective) 2 | Madness: Night Terrors | Active Conditions:

Hearda uses a minor cantrip to bring the rock, glistening with what he judged to be blood, hovering before his eyes. "This reeks of blood...of from what I cannot say..." He mutters as he looks over the blood-smeared rock...his mind flashing back to the dreamer's arrival...

There were others...but they are gone now...back into the Dream.

Gritting his teeth he focuses on the task at hand, studying the blood closely...

Blood...so much Blood...:

Heal (type of blood): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Knowledge (??): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 Add +1 for Religion.


Hearda's primal side detects the faint scent of man in the blood. This was once a human. Although he still does not know of any undead that can act this way.


HP: 6/18 l AC: 15, T 12, FF 13 l CMD 14 l F +4, R +2, W +6; +1 bonus vs. confused/dazed, +2 bonus vs. illusions l Sanity (38/44), Threshold (3), Edge (22) l Bit of Luck (7/7), Mental Focus (8/8) l L1: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +9, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Appraise +6, Diplomacy +6; +8 to gather info., Kn. Arcana/Local +6, Kn. History/Planes/Religion +7, Linguistics +6, Sense Motive + 5, Spellcraft +7, UMD +10
Female Half-Elf Reliquarian Occultist of Desna 2 l Active Conditions:

"Well? What do you make of it?" Amber whispers, casting nervous glances over her shoulder and at the ceiling.


HP: 11/18 l AC: 15, T 12, FF 13 l CMD 13 (14 vs. disarm, 14 vs. steal) l Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +5 l Init +2 | L1: 3/3 | Inspire 3/4 l Sanity Score: 43, Threshold: +3, Damage: 2, Edge: 23 l Senses: Perception +7, Darkvision 60'
Skills:
Acro +2, Appraise +8 (BG), Bluff +6, Disguise +4 (+9 as human), Heal +7, Intimidate +8, *Kn.+8, Sense Motive +7, SofH +6, Spellcraft +7, Stealth +7, UMD +5
Male half-orc Investigator (Psychic Detective) 2 | Madness: Night Terrors | Active Conditions:

"Human...the good doctor's most likely. I have never seen the like before" Hearda responds to his fellow Dreamer. "No way to bypass it here,, he turns to face the old man, "Ready your flame, old man. I am going to see if I can draw it to me." He then slides into the office, hugging the wall and ready to react to the cloud here.


HP -2/14 | AC 15 (T12 FF 13) | CMD 11 | San 42/43 Th 4 Edg 21 | F +0 R +2 W +2 | Per +4 | Init +2 | Spells 4/5

"Fortune." the old man wishes Hearda, quietly.


HP 14/14 l AC 16, T 14, FF 13 l CMD 13 l F +1, R +10, W ++9 (+10 vs. fear, +4/+5 sans towering ego) l Init +12 | low-light vision; Perception +7 | Sanity 41/41, Threshold 5, Edge 20
Skills:
Acrobatics +9, Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Climb +2, Escape Artist +8, Linguistics (B) +5, Perception +7, Sleight of Hand (B) +8, Stealth +13
Spells:
L1: 4/4
Male halfling enigma mesmerist 2

Better him than me. Feliks loaded his crossbow and waited for the inevitable horror.


Cautiously, Hearda steps into the room. His mind reeling from the ghastly fog filling the center of the office. But, the fog sits in the air, eddies and swirls stirring in currents of air only it can feel.


HP: 11/18 l AC: 15, T 12, FF 13 l CMD 13 (14 vs. disarm, 14 vs. steal) l Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +5 l Init +2 | L1: 3/3 | Inspire 3/4 l Sanity Score: 43, Threshold: +3, Damage: 2, Edge: 23 l Senses: Perception +7, Darkvision 60'
Skills:
Acro +2, Appraise +8 (BG), Bluff +6, Disguise +4 (+9 as human), Heal +7, Intimidate +8, *Kn.+8, Sense Motive +7, SofH +6, Spellcraft +7, Stealth +7, UMD +5
Male half-orc Investigator (Psychic Detective) 2 | Madness: Night Terrors | Active Conditions:

Hearda glances about him, looking up around the ceiling of the room.

There MUST be a way to bypass the fog...if I could climb the wall here... He stares at the stairwell at the far end of the room briefly before glancing around for any means of ascending to the next level.

Where there is a will...:

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 Looking for a way to get around the fog.


HP: 6/18 l AC: 15, T 12, FF 13 l CMD 14 l F +4, R +2, W +6; +1 bonus vs. confused/dazed, +2 bonus vs. illusions l Sanity (38/44), Threshold (3), Edge (22) l Bit of Luck (7/7), Mental Focus (8/8) l L1: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +9, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Appraise +6, Diplomacy +6; +8 to gather info., Kn. Arcana/Local +6, Kn. History/Planes/Religion +7, Linguistics +6, Sense Motive + 5, Spellcraft +7, UMD +10
Female Half-Elf Reliquarian Occultist of Desna 2 l Active Conditions:

Not willing to let Hearda face the uncertainty of the mysterious fog alone, Amber edges her way through the door and into the southwest corner of the room. She keeps her bow clutched tightly in both hands and glances this way and that for signs of trouble...

Always Watching:

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


Hearda peers at the wall. He thinks, that with a judicious amount of finesse and strength, he could scale up one of the large curtains framing the windows and use it to swing across the windows to the other curtain, like a monkey. He could repeat this to get to the other side. But, the curtains are not ropes, his weight could rip them. Swinging from them could definitely tear them free. Then, he'd be in danger of breaking through the windows to the garden outside (and the dangers that lurked wihtin), or fall into the swirling fog at the center of the room.. and whatever weighted there.

Amber's heightened senses detect a.. presence... within the swirling mists above the blood. It watches them... waiting.


HP: 6/18 l AC: 15, T 12, FF 13 l CMD 14 l F +4, R +2, W +6; +1 bonus vs. confused/dazed, +2 bonus vs. illusions l Sanity (38/44), Threshold (3), Edge (22) l Bit of Luck (7/7), Mental Focus (8/8) l L1: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +9, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Appraise +6, Diplomacy +6; +8 to gather info., Kn. Arcana/Local +6, Kn. History/Planes/Religion +7, Linguistics +6, Sense Motive + 5, Spellcraft +7, UMD +10
Female Half-Elf Reliquarian Occultist of Desna 2 l Active Conditions:

Amber shivers again, the hairs on her neck standing on end. "Whatever's in that cloud...it's watching us. It knows we're here..."

701 to 750 of 887 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / In the Light of Black Stars All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.