Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

In Search of Paradise (Inactive)

Game Master Tirq

Based on Halo: Combat Evolved


351 to 367 of 367 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Male Human (Earth, American) Gunslinger 2, Master Chief Petty Officer

"Eh... right." Brian snaps off the comms. "Old song, he can shove it up his..." The SPARTAN gives general grumbling like this for a few seconds, then goes back to humming and finger-tapping, leaving the communications off for a few minutes before, looking at it with a mixture of resentment and guilt, he snaps the set on again.


Female Human (Earth, Scotland) Sgt (Fighter/2)

Will do Sir, just trying to get into the zone is all. Georgette replies as she puts her MP3 player away.


male Human Cav lev 2

erm...boss man....these coordinates are...scetchy...I LOVE IT!!!! HAHA!! He gets a look of excitement on his face as they are..going where only few have gone before don't get on me bout the star trek reference. 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 another ride check if needed


After reaching the odd coordinates, Cromwell tells Batista to shut off all power except for emergency systems. He then goes to each of the gunmen and tells them "Keep quiet." any opposition will be met with a "That's an order." before quickly heading back to the bridge with Ram'Dain and Batista.

I'll assume that before the next paragraph and the last one, you guys had taken the time to hide yourselves properly. Roll it at the beginning of your post.

Suddenly, the ship rocks, and a loud scratching noise comes from the hull. The gunmen can tell that this is the same ship that had ambushed them earlier. Then, the sounds of doors opening welcome 2 Jackals. Cromwell motions Batista and Ram'Dain to help him deal with the intruders silently.

Roll for Initiative Cromwell's Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Human (Earth, American) Gunslinger 2, Master Chief Petty Officer

Brian, realizing Cromwell's plan as the power is downed, quietly moves to a corner of the gunnery room, double-checking his rifle to make sure it's ready, then slinging it to his back and drawing the shotgun... before deciding to drop that, as well. Finally, he draws the small combat axe he requisitioned from the armory, testing its heft, and choosing it for its lethality and silence. He also draws his combat knife, holding it close to his side.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Initiative if wanted: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Female Human (Earth, Scotland) Sgt (Fighter/2)

Georgette attempts to hide so she can get the jump on the enemy.
Stealth: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Male Sang'heili Elite Forerunner Scientist (Wizard)/2

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Ram'Dain gets himself into a good hiding place, hoping he's not seen. Taking aim, he places his Impulser crosshairs on the two jackals as they enter, flashing them with a Color Spray.

DC 15 Will Save to keep from falling unconcious for 2d4 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5 rounds, then blinded and stunned for1d4 ⇒ 1 rounds, then stunned 1 round. Assuming they have 2 HD or less.


Lieutenant - HP 14 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +6 | R +2 | W +0 | Init +5 | Per +5

Stealth 1d20 ⇒ 6
Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


male Human Cav lev 2

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 stealth
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 initiative
It has come to his realization that most of them SUCK at sneaking which means this ambush may be a little nasty. He pulls out his plasma pistol seing that is the lesser of two of the two evils he holds and begins charging it up. He uses his body to try to hide the glowing green from the weapon and takes up his position. He ain't much of a sneaker is he?.... in his mind he thinks "man...should get me a SMG suppressed later in life..." First turn charge of the pistol. just in case the buggards make it... may I get a translation of what they are saying? I do speak jackal.


Male Sang'heili Elite Forerunner Scientist (Wizard)/2

Forgot initiative. Sorry!

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18


The two Jackals say something into their com-links in their own tongue. Batista hears that they say "As we thought, 3 are hiding in the bridge, while 3 are hiding in the gunner seats. How should we proceed?"

A small yappering voice comes back in the Comm-Link saying "Kill them, all of them!"

At this point the Jackals pull out their weaponry, coming into the fight with an 8 for initiative.

Initiative round 1, No surprise round, they spotted you.
Cudley: 21
GG: 20+
Cromwell: 20-
Ram: 18
Grave: 11
Brian: 9
Jackals: 8

You may attempt a Perception Check to see if you hear combat. DC 15, because the walls are thick and whatnot. This may happen after the 1st Gunshot or Plasma shot.

Cromwell's Turn
Cromwell charges the Jackals, missing one of them with a mighty swing. He then says "We need to get past them, Ignore them if you must!"


Male Sang'heili Elite Forerunner Scientist (Wizard)/2

When Ram'Dain's turn comes around, he aims his color spray at the two of them, hoping he doesn't get Cromwell as well. If he does, oh well.

DC is a 14, my mistake.


Lieutenant - HP 14 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +6 | R +2 | W +0 | Init +5 | Per +5

Am I in the same area as them? If so...

Elwood will charge at the nearest Jackal, swinging his plasma sword at it.

Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 +2 if charge is an option
Damage 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4) + 3 = 9


You are not, as far as I know, you were still in the gunnery section. What you can do, though, is make a perception check. You may be able to hear the commotion that's going on down at the bridge.


Lieutenant - HP 14 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +6 | R +2 | W +0 | Init +5 | Per +5

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


You don't hear anything, because no one has acted yet. Next turn, though, you'll hear a THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP *Mrphl Mrphl Mrphl Mrphl Mrphl!* and then the sound 3 large thumps. Make of it what you will.


Male Human (Earth, American) Gunslinger 2, Master Chief Petty Officer

Brian also attempts to hear what's going on...

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

351 to 367 of 367 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / In Search of Paradise All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.