Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

In Search of Paradise (Inactive)

Game Master Tirq

Based on Halo: Combat Evolved


101 to 150 of 367 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Getting flashbacks to Mass Effect III with our sparring Brian. :P


Male Sang'heili Elite Forerunner Scientist (Wizard)/2

Considering I'm having Grave fly it in, Breeze will be one, as will Detect Poison for atmospheric and terrestrial conditions. As for the third, Resistance so that it won't burn up in atmo as it descends.

The building of the probe takes a little longer than anticipated, but it's up and running on the second day. "'Bout time. I thought we were never going to get this thing done."

As one last step, Ram'Dain inscribes the name Herald into the solid steel outer shell with his Impulser, then adds his name in Sang'heili next to it. Arcane Mark, it won't affect how the probe flys.

When the probe is launched, he watches it fly off into the distance from the Bridge. "God speed..." he says to himself before heading back to the Engineering bay.

I can't really think of another skill to roll, so I'll be fine with the roll I made and hope I don't get left behind in the leveling dust.

EDIT: Oh, Grave needs to make a Ride check to see how well the probe flys in.

EDIT 2: I had an idea. What if I use the sensor's Detect Poison to determine what kind of plants could grow in that kind of atmosphere? What would be the associated +/- with that?

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 We'll adjust based off that roll.


Male Sang'heili Elite Ranger (Paladin)/2

Mar spends some time on the third day looking out the window studying the plant. The coloration impresses him and he wants to learn more about the plant.

the only two knowledge I have are religion and nobility.


Male Human (Earth, American) Gunslinger 2, Master Chief Petty Officer

And the only knowledge I possess is engineering. Thus his ability to strip and clean his gear. But it doesn't help with this.


male Human Cav lev 2

He sits down with his remote control joitstick, moniter combo and takes control of the probe as it is launched out of the hanger* Lets see what this thing can do....DO A BERREL ROLL! (jk)
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 for regular flying
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 for basic flight manuvers


Female Human Rogue 2/ Warrent Officer

wow...I do NOT want you saving us now

"So that is Paradise, a beauty she is." Charlotte says softly watching it.


male Human Cav lev 2

IT WAS A BAD ROLL!


Male Human (Earth, American) Gunslinger 2, Master Chief Petty Officer

Good lord, tell me there's auto-pilot on THAT ship...

"Yep," Brian says, looking at the planet. "Nobody's checked it out yet. Far as I know, nobody's planned to do so for a while yet."


male Human Cav lev 2

let this be a message to all of you...f~#~...you....it was ONE BAD ROLL G!% D%*NIT!


The machine is large and elegant, with a forerunner-esque disign. Your roll was good enough to get you all the way there(10 was needed) and your Fly was good enough to get you through the asteroid belts. The machine is significantly faster than the supply vessel, so it gets to Paradise in only 1 day instead of 3. You are, in fact, able to tell that the atmosphere is breathable. It is made of mostly the same material as Earth's atmosphere, but has more Oxygen than normal. You aren't able to collect a lot of information, though, since the machine suddenly gets destroyed. The camera, that I assume you put on, wasn't facing the appropriate direction for it. You could tell, though, that the machine did land in a lot of plant material.


Female Human Rogue 2/ Warrent Officer

" I would love to go there one day maybe. It would be amazing to explore uncharted land." Charlotte replies still looking out at it.


male Human Cav lev 2

WHOW! He jumps back in his seat as the camera suddenly dies on his small screen. He tosses the device onto the counter seing it was now useless other then the data that was gathered and saved into the device. Not my fault....something hit the Probe... Something in the back of his mind said that he was going to get chewed out by the alian scientist that created said probe.


Male Sang'heili Elite Ranger (Paladin)/2

Mar watches the planet out the window wondering what might be down on the surface. It looks spectacular to him.


When Ram'Dain gets the video, give me a Knowledge: Nature check. Batista, you can see it yourself, but there is a small vine that goes infront of the camera before it suddenly stops.


Male Sang'heili Elite Forerunner Scientist (Wizard)/2

Ram'Dain runs over to the video screen, seeing that the probe had crashed. He shouts "Четверг день!", which is "G%! d+&n it!" in Russian, throwing his hands in the air and walking a bit away in frustration.

He returns a moment later, rubbing his eyes. "Alright, so the probe crashed. Now we know what to look for. Thankfully we have the camera on there just as a last minute edition."

He gets on the computer, rewinding the video to just before the crash. "Hmm...looks like the sensors are showing that the atmosphere is breathable, but it has a higher concentration of the majority of gases. Oxygen, Nitrogen, and so on."

He continues to look through the video, pausing just before video is lost. A green line appears on the screen, blurred by the plant . "Videoshop don't fail me now." Using the editor, he sharpens the image till he recognizes the image: it's a vine.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


The dark green vine is hardly visible on the machine's video log, but with a little bit of techno-savy, Ram'Dain is able to make it a little bit more clear. The vine appears to be thrown on there, you don't know how or why, but this was no accedent.

I'll see if I can figure out a roll20 map for you guys. Here's how it'll work: Post what you're going to do, dice rolls on this thread, and move your miniature away. I'll try to be on for as long as I can for combat, so try to make it snappy. The pirates will be on soon, but I want to finish with Ram'Dain and Batista's checks first. You guys still gotta give me a few more options, otherwise the combat see-ers will get more experiance than you.


Lieutenant - HP 14 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +6 | R +2 | W +0 | Init +5 | Per +5

I'm heading to work in a few minutes but I'll be back online in seven hours or so.


male Human Cav lev 2

He felt bad for loosing the forerunner probe so he decided to take the rest of day 2 to find everything that he can to help the scientist rebuild his creation so he scowers the ship junk parts section looking for anything that he can find. 1d20 ⇒ 20 Perception to see if I find anything useful to help build the probe. AH HA! stuff... 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 SPELLCRAFT for checking if the item found has the slightest hint of Forerunner traits or could be used as a forerunner object that I could use to help rebuild the probe hmm... 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 Use Magical device for helping using the objects to assist the scientist in the rebuilding of the probe. Hey Bill Nye the science guy can you use any of this crap to rebuild the probe?...I felt bad for losing your probe so I was wanting to help you build another to replace it... His voice was humble as he waits for the scientist to respond.


Male Sang'heili Elite Forerunner Scientist (Wizard)/2

And now you get good rolls. What are the threads coming to!?

Ram'Dain was still looking over the footage from the crash and didn't notice Grave returning with a piece of a Forerunner Crawler's AI matrix, which would have been perfect for building a second probe.

"Hmm? What?" He looks over at Grave and the FT Forerunner Tech he had. "Oh, thanks, but we won't be sending another probe...however, I'd like to keep that. I might be able to do something with it."

He looks back at the screen, contemplating what happened to the probe.

Knowledge: Engineering to see if that was a set trap or some kind of artillery strike 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Male Human (Earth, American) Gunslinger 2, Master Chief Petty Officer

"Amazingly dangerous, too," Brian replies to the other SPARTAN. "No idea what to expect, danger possible at every turn... Sounds like SpecOps during the Covvie war, huh?"

The Master Chief turns and leans on the wall, exhaling. "It'd be great."


No trap, and it wasn't artillery. Maybe some sort of life form? You don't quite know.

Listen everybody, the roll20 wasn't agreeing with me. What I wanted to do and what it gave me were totally different. Instead, I'll describe it in detail tomorrow and we'll begin combat. Ram'Dain and Batista, more rolls and role-plays would be nice, and would give you more experiance, but if you think you're good then that's fine.

I would like to know if you guys would like to have a Hero-Point system. Put it in the discussion board, though.


Male Sang'heili Elite Forerunner Scientist (Wizard)/2

Knowledge Arcana for determining if the FT Grave found would work as a booster for the program to detect and determine what was really going on, then a Spellcraft to make it so. The device would use my Spellcraft modifier on it's knowledge roll. I'll do a role-play post after I get a response.

Knowledge: Arcana1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Spellcraft1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28


Some of the items are perfect, almost exactly what you need. Others you aren't quite sure, but they sure do look useful. That Spellcraft will let you build something with 5 0-Level spells attached. Although, you probably won't have time today. Maybe tomorrow when you get back or while you are retrieving you may launch the second probe.


Male Sang'heili Elite Forerunner Scientist (Wizard)/2

Detect Magic (Technology)
Breeze
Light (should it be dark or the probe falls at night)
Resistance (Same as last time)
Penumbra (protection from harsh lights)

After gathering some other resources, Ram'Dain looks over the FT that Grave brought to him. "Hmm....this looks like it could..." He begins to design and build another probe, larger and more advanced than the last one.

"I shall have to learn from my previous mistakes. Thankfully we got some information from the last one, so I can make the necessary changes."

He prepares the probe to be first a orbital craft, scanning the planet from a distance, then falling into the atmosphere to continue scanning, but last time it had landed. This time it will stay in the air, scanning from the skies before returning to the Justice. But before that, he needs to get some sleep. "-sigh- I've been at this too long...time for some well deserved rest."

[Day 3]

He continues to work on the second probe, deciding it would be better if it was launched during the retrieval of the fireteam. Before its compleation, he puts Herald II onto it. He just hopes he doesn't have to pull a "third time's the charm."


male Human Cav lev 2

He spends most of the rest of the day delving into the video and tries to cross reference nythign he might see or know with everything he possibly could recognize off of it. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 Kn: Archana [ooc] 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 [ooc] know History 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 know religion


Male Human (Earth, American) Gunslinger 2, Master Chief Petty Officer

Still here, just waiting for GM input since I don't think there's anything else for Brian to do right now... *Bump*


Thanks Loup, I've spaced out on how to word my next post and you reminded me to get to it.

Your knowledges don't yield anything informative. The Forerunners didn't have a whole lot to do with this plant, there doesn't seem to be anything that would fling a vine across the screen like that, and most druidic circles that you could think of wouldn't help you in such a situation. This is officially the strangest thing you have ever seen, and no evidence suggest that a person could do such a thing.

I'll begin the combat on the Gorgon now, The beacon has been sounding for about an hour now, and there has been no sign of life outside the ship. In your next post, I want you to tell me where you are waiting for the pirates. Hiding is suggested, but is most likely not required since the Gorgon wasn't supposed to have any life aboard it.


Female Human Rogue 2/ Warrent Officer

Charlotte is hiding behind one of the crates near the back of the main area.


Lieutenant - HP 14 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +6 | R +2 | W +0 | Init +5 | Per +5

Elwood will hide somewhere within sixty feet of where the pirates are going to come in. Preferably somewhere with a clean line for a charge.

Stealth take 20 = 20


Female Human Rogue 2/ Warrent Officer

Forgot my stealth 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22


Male Human (Earth, Canadian) Sniper (Gunslinger) 2

Brendan will hide behind a crate that's 30 feet away from the expected entry point.

Steath: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Male Sang'heili Elite Ranger (Paladin)/2

Mar takes up a spot with line of site to the door so he is able to snipe.

1d20 - 3 ⇒ (12) - 3 = 9 Guess Im not very stealthy


Male Human (Earth, American) Gunslinger 2, Master Chief Petty Officer

Being that he's not particularly stealthy, despite his quickness and the lightweight alloy of his armor, Brian decides his best bet is to hide somewhere that won't be immediately visible to the pirates, or at least somewhere they probably wouldn't be looking. If there's an alcove by the door, or something of that sort, that's where he'll go; otherwise, he sticks with at least one other member of the team, probably Cudley or Charlotte. He's got his pistols out in his hands, loaded and armed.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


As if on cue, there is a large rumbling on the ship, and a loud hissing sound. Suddenly the hatch doors open and two Jakals enter the ship. Both are not armed. During your turn, I want a Perception check and whatever you are going to do during the surprise round. Initiative would be nice, but isn't necessary. Whoever doesn't roll for Initiative I will roll for them. The main hall is 10' by 30', with two rooms connecting them. Most of you are in the back of the ship, which is a 20' by 40' room, but 30' are covered with supply crates.


Female Human Rogue 2/ Warrent Officer

Charlotte is going to arm her gun and wait for the signal.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 Perception

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 Initiative


Male Human (Earth, Canadian) Sniper (Gunslinger) 2

Hearing the sound of Jackals, Brendan stealthily peeked over the side, then readied his shotgun for a firefight.

Readying an action for Brian's Signal

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


Lieutenant - HP 14 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +6 | R +2 | W +0 | Init +5 | Per +5

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Elwood flips on his energy swords and prepares to attack.

Ready a standard action charge at anything hostile that comes within range.

Attack if needed 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Damage if needed 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 4) + 3 = 8


Male Sang'heili Elite Ranger (Paladin)/2

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Male Human (Earth, American) Gunslinger 2, Master Chief Petty Officer

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Brian waits until the Jackals have moved further into the ship, glancing at the fellow members of the team, before stepping out into the open, preferably behind the pirates. He keeps one gun trained expertly on each Jackal, and calls out, "Stop right there! UNSC!"

If either Jackal moves to attack or otherwise react hostilely, Brian doesn't hesitate to open fire.

Attack w/ pistol 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Attack w/ pistol 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1


Female Human Rogue 2/ Warrent Officer

So unless the jackals beat a 21 I am gonna assume that I am free to go now?


Initiative Order:
The order for combat is
Jackal Squad - 22
Charlotte - 21
Traynor - 17
Elwood - +9
Mar'Gonee - -9
Brian - 3

The Jackals start yapping in their own language, pointing out various parts of the ship. They soon start heading to the back of the ship, not even thinking that the place will be inhabited. Suddenly, Brian jumps from behind cover and shouts "Stop right there! UNSC!" The Jackals almost jump out of their skins, clunkily turn on their plasma shields, and pull out their Plasma Pistols. At this point, Brian takes both shots on one Jackal, both missing.

And thus starts Round 1 of Combat.

The Jackals Both Fire at the Human they both see: Brian.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

1d4 ⇒ 1
1d4 ⇒ 2
Damage to your shields.


Lieutenant - HP 14 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +6 | R +2 | W +0 | Init +5 | Per +5

If they are within 60' of me my readied charge action triggers.


Sorry, missed that. This happens inbetween their shooting and Brian's shooting.

Elwood charges in, striking one of them. Its shield is completely gone.


Lieutenant - HP 14 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +6 | R +2 | W +0 | Init +5 | Per +5

"Yaaaaaaaarrrgggh!" Elwood roars insanely at the Jackals.


Female Human Rogue 2/ Warrent Officer

Chralotte fires off a shot at the Jackal that Elwood did not charge at.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
2d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 1) + 1 = 4 Sneak attack since he was not aware of her


Charlotte's shot also takes away the Jackal's shields.


Male Human (Earth, American) Gunslinger 2, Master Chief Petty Officer

Seeing as I'm dead last, I'm going to wait to post my actions until I get a better feel for the situation--i.e., until more people have gone.


Male Human (Earth, Canadian) Sniper (Gunslinger) 2

Coming out of cover, Brendan fired his shotgun at Charlotte's target

Blast vs. Flat-footed AC because stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3


Male Sang'heili Elite Ranger (Paladin)/2

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 <--- Sniper Rifle
2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11 <--- Damage


Brian, would you post?

101 to 150 of 367 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / In Search of Paradise All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.