Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

In Search of Heroes (Inactive)

Game Master verdigris

Play-by-Post game set in Darkmoon Vale, using the Pathfinder ruleset.


201 to 231 of 231 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Right outside of Laurels a stinky gnome rolls out a small rug and a bowl with a couple of coins glued to the bottom. He unfolds a small stool and puts his posterior gently on it and clears his throat. He begins to play his guitar and sing quietly about an overwhelming flood from long ago.


Othoe starts as he sees a Gnome outside Laurels.

ANOTHER Gnome... stay in character remember! What should I do?!

Othoe makes a great showing (Bluff 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21) of striding up to a brother Gnome.

In Gnomish:
"Hello and well met indeed! I didn't think there were many Gnomes around here. Are you local or did you come from afar?"

Othoe tries to make it look like it's just two Gnomes catching up on old times...

Perception 14:
Othoe is actually a Halfling in Gnomish disguise...


At the end of the song he lets the silence roll and furtively wipes a tear from his eye.

Does anyone have any requests? Something a little more cheerful, perhaps?

As he waits he takes a furtive sip of something from a bottle. Something dangerous that makes his eyes water when they get close to the rim.


"I hope Miss Laurel is able to see all of us. We seem to have grown in numbers."

Dorial turns to the actual gnome. This poor guy looks horrific. I hope he doesn't have the plague.

"Hi there! What was that song you just played? I don't think I've heard it before."

Dorial makes it a point to stay at least 5' back from the gnome.


1d19 ⇒ 5

In Gnomish

:
Hello sir! I know a thing or two about being in character.

Giles is catching up with his buddy the gnome.

In common

Why yes, that is one of my favorites!

Giles begins a bouncy-beated song about things that frolic and cavort.


As the gnome finishes it's song and drinks the weird concoction, Trafalgar stands aghast. Whats with this gnome, he looks quite disturbed. And what is that he is drinking. Maybe I can detect something in the area at least.

cast detect magic to notice anything in the area, directed towards Giles


"Hello there yourself. The first song I played is called the Great Flood of Old Garmanthiosle. This one is The Bouncy Bunny waltz. Although it is not a waltz, no bunnies were harmed in its production. Do you have a request? It's alright if you keep your distance. Please, though step close to the bowl and let your glittery change make my favorite kind of music."


It's just the cheapest rotgut in the tri-county area. At a certain point deliciousness gives way to necessity.

Giles begins to play a song about life wasted locked up with dust and parchment. The end of the song calls out to break free and live free in the open air.


No wonder no one I know frequents this place. It's kind of a bummer.


Othoe can't think of any 'old Gnomish tunes'...

"Play something from the old country, play an old Gnomish ditty if you will. Something light hearted."

Othoe drops a few coppers in his bowl and steps away.


Giles can't think of any 'old Gnomish tunes'

"Ah yes. You'll be thinking of 'Sweet Posy's Lament'

Giles smiles broadly at the sound of the copper and adds up the total without even looking.

I wonder if I still have a bit of that hardtack in my bag. I'm not sure if I'll get to eat tonight. Who's being the bummer now.


The crowd shuffles forward, mingling with the members of last night's crowd from The Sitting Duck. Some are noticeably ill, coughing and hacking, and one small child sprawls listlessly near Giles while he waits for his mother.

"will you tell me a stowry?" he asks, though it seems to take a bit out of him to do so.

-----

Across the street, Thaldrin Kreed and his boys look over the crowd, but leave again at Simon's loud display, heading towards a group of young men at the other end of the street. Thankfully, Miss Laurel's crowd seems to block his view of the panhandling gnome, for now.


Dorial asks one of locals that is coughing if she can take a look at them.

Heal Check:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Dorial wrote:

Dorial asks one of locals that is coughing if she can take a look at them.

Heal Check:1d20+8

"Are you he *hackcoughcough* helping Miss Laurel?"

A human woman of middling years, her cheeks sag and bellow with each cough. A fine spray of spittle floats in the air between you before dissipating.

Yep, she's definitely sick.


Nimeon nods at the proceedings, content to let Simon take the lead as he seems to have a plan.

Are those Threed's boys? Oh, the man himself. Need to make sure he doesn't see me, we didn't part on the best of terms and I've no desire to involve these innocents.


"Of course my man. I'll tell you a story of a little trooper just like you. His name was Chortelee He started his life in sunshine, spending his days outside with the discoveries that can only be made with your feet in a creek and your hands in the mud. Then one day a big, bad man came into town. His name was Too-mean. He was at least as big as two men and he took over. Suddenly all the children were put to work planting beans. It was hard work and it made their backs ache and their fingers bleed. They were told if they stopped working their mothers would be taken away. So they all worked as hard a they could. It took awhile, but slowly Chortelee became big and strong from all the work and led the revolt against Too-mean and his growing group of followers. He swung the final blow that took Too-mean down. Forever after that everyone looked up to Chortelee and never had to work again. The end."

"I bet you are the strongest boy of all your friends. Nothing is going to make you pick beans. What's your name little man?"


Whoa, that boy must have the plague I've heard so much about. I hope my little story helps him get better.


Nimeon wrote:

Nimeon nods at the proceedings, content to let Simon take the lead as he seems to have a plan.

Are those Threed's boys? Oh, the man himself. Need to make sure he doesn't see me, we didn't part on the best of terms and I've no desire to involve these innocents.

Kreed and his boys move down the way, though he does throw another look over his shoulder in your direction.


Giles Gilkinson III wrote:

"Of course my man. I'll tell you a story of a little trooper just like you. His name was Chortelee He started his life in sunshine, spending his days outside with the discoveries that can only be made with your feet in a creek and your hands in the mud. Then one day a big, bad man came into town. His name was Too-mean. He was at least as big as two men and he took over. Suddenly all the children were put to work planting beans. It was hard work and it made their backs ache and their fingers bleed. They were told if they stopped working their mothers would be taken away. So they all worked as hard a they could. It took awhile, but slowly Chortelee became big and strong from all the work and led the revolt against Too-mean and his growing group of followers. He swung the final blow that took Too-mean down. Forever after that everyone looked up to Chortelee and never had to work again. The end."

"I bet you are the strongest boy of all your friends. Nothing is going to make you pick beans. What's your name little man?"

"hmmm? My name is ....Mookie. " he has to pause in the middle to get all the words out, and looks confused. After a long moment, he says, "But evwyone has to wowrk."


"Well, that's great Mookie. That will make everyone big and strong. Are you here to get some help from Miss Laurel? I hear she makes lots of people better."


to the crowd:

"Can somebody get my main man Mookie some water? Maybe a sweet or something?"You, ahh you there, Dorial, Do you have something nice for the little man here?"


Giles Gilkinson III wrote:
"Well, that's great Mookie. That will make everyone big and strong. Are you here to get some help from Miss Laurel? I hear she makes lots of people better."

Mookie nods quietly, his little head wobbling a little, "uh-huh. Mamma says... she'll make me feel good... so I don't hafta go to ....to da orfnage. His lip trembles at the last.


GM_Verdigris wrote:
Mookie nods quietly, his little head wobbling a little, "uh-huh. Mamma says... she'll make me feel good... so I don't hafta go to ....to da orfnage. His lip trembles at the last.

"Have some of your friends gone to the orphanage?"


Giles Gilkinson III wrote:
GM_Verdigris wrote:
Mookie nods quietly, his little head wobbling a little, "uh-huh. Mamma says... she'll make me feel good... so I don't hafta go to ....to da orfnage. His lip trembles at the last.
"Have some of your friends gone to the orphanage?"

Before Mookie can answer, a woman that looks old enough to be his grandmother than his mother comes hustling up, hurried and harried, and scoops Mookie up.

"It's ok, Mamma got you some tea. You're going to be just fine." With a half hearted smile, she drops one of her few remaining coins into the bowl. "Thank you for keeping him in one spot. He does better when he rests. "


At this point I think I better call the recruitment. Thank you everyone for playing.


Hi, first, thank you for coming out to play in the recruitment thread. I was blown away by the quality of all of the applicants. Though I think everyone gave very worthy role play performances, I have to narrow it down to these six players:
Othoe
Dorial
Nimeon
Chrystosm
Simon Shrewsbury
Kast Phaer
Thank you very much for your time and attention to the recruitment. I loved playing with you all.


This looks like it will be a fine game, indeed. I wish everyone good luck in curing the plague of Falcon's Hollow :-) !


For those six, please jump over to the discussion thread for comments and questions.


As they stroll through the streets of Falcon's Hollow, Sarek spots his cousin and peels off from the group, eager to be with his kin...

It's been fun. Enjoy the game everyone.


I can't take money from these people. Maybe they'll let me play for drinks at the bar.

Thanks for the opportunity. This will make it easier my noobiness into play by post


A short gnome clad in red leathers strides into the tavern, one booted foot after another clicking across the floor. His small hand continuously clutches, unclutches, and clutches again in repetition around the wooden amulet shaped into the form of a red wing on his chest. His little legs swing on either side of a very lengthy sword sheathed down his back.
Am I late?

201 to 231 of 231 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Recruitment / In Search of Heroes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.