Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

In Search of Heroes (Inactive)

Game Master verdigris

Play-by-Post game set in Darkmoon Vale, using the Pathfinder ruleset.


4,601 to 4,650 of 4,787 << first < prev | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | next > last >>

But a single arrow of Nimeon's barrage hits Faith drawing a gasp and a flex of her claws... Her eyes narrow as she looks at Nimeon.

Nimeon:
"In time, precious, in time but not first, you've still the stench of hope about you..."


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

I've been told by a reliable source (Othoe) that Faith is still up. If so....

Round 5, Init 12

Kast gives Hollin a look of command, as if daring the boy to defy him, he limps between the boy and trouble. (5' limp)

Soldiers protect. Soldiers fight. Soldiers die.

Seeing Faith still standing, Kast calls upon Irori and the Divine Purity of Perfection to aid in him defeating this enemy. Smite Evil.

1d20 + 10 - 2 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 10 - 2 + 1 + 3 = 20 to hit;
1d10 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 11 damage;

Haste:
1d20 + 10 - 2 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 10 - 2 + 1 + 3 = 28 to hit;
1d10 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 1 = 16 damage;

I fight for Lastwall. For the Hollow. For Perfection.

Kast Stats:

AC 23 (26 vs. Faith)
HP 43/56


Kast carves into Faith, cleaving her wings from her back on the first strike, and her left side from her right with the second. The demon drops, her bloody claws painting stripes down the breast of Nimeon's mother as she falters.

Chrystosm is up...


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Round 5, init 11

"We'll save Rallah!", Chrystosm calls to Hollin, "She won't want to lose you too! Run to your Uncle Nimeon - he'll keep you out of harm's way while we deal with this lot!"

Chrystosm runs over to stand beside Kast, drawing both axes and aiming an unhandy blow at the nearest Forlarren

Attk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Dmg: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


The Satyr blanches as Faith falls, his focus failing. Several of the townspeople wake from their fugue, screaming and/or running across the battlefield in a panic.

Rallah runs off towards relative safety, and Hollin follows, getting out of the way though not back toward Nimeon

Nimeon's Mother runs northwest, away from the horrible Satyr in front of her.

"KAST!!!" Fleur screams as the Satyr grabs her even as she wakes from the pipe's evil spell.

Satyr grapple attempt: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 vs cmd13

Kreed, unconscious and unstable, breathes raggedly, but for how long is anyone's guess.

initiative rolls:
Dorial: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Othoe: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Simon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
other fey: 15
Nimeon: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Kast: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12
Chrystosm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
BFS: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Kreed:2
townspeople 1
map

begin round 6


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Round 6, Initiative 20

Status:
HP: 10/32
Weapon Equipped = Dagger
Conditions = Endure Elements, -1 strength (damage), Bless (7 of 50r), Flaming Sphere (5 of 6)
Arcane Bond = 1/1
Pearl of Power (first) = 1/1
Force Missile = 7/7
Wizard Spells Remaining:
0) Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost*, Spark 
1) Grease, Magic Missile* w/ Topple
2) Glitterdust, Invisibility, Knock, Scorching Ray*
3) Dispel Magic, Haste

Othoe's blood is up, and he has a hard time controlling his temper. The quiet part of his mind says simply, Do it. He takes a 5' step toward Kreed. "I said it was you or me. Looks like it's me"

He bends down, plunging his dagger into the dying man's throat to try and finish the job. His rarely-used dagger dragging on some cartilage and scraping the bone.
Dagger Coupe de Grace: 2d3 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6
He straightens up, a wild look in his eyes and covered in blood. Who's next?

His flaming sphere sits in on the other Forlarren's body and continues to burn, passively awaiting instructions…
Flaming Sphere (fire): 3d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 4, 2) + 3 = 15 Reflex DC 17 to avoid if he's not dead yet.


Round 6 | Initiative 26

Dorial moves away from the tree to keep little foxes from leaping on her while she moves one of the flaming spheres to the Satyr.

Reflex Save DC 15 or take 3d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 5) = 16 fire damage
Faith continues to take 3d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 1) = 9 fire damage unless she is dead dead

Sphere #1 - 4/6 rounds used
Sphere #2 - 3/6 rounds used

Status:

HP: 19/45
Status:
Equipped:
Available: dart x3, light shield
Wind Blast (Su): 6/7
Wild Shapes (Su): 0/3
Spells:
0) Detect Magic, Create Water, Light, Purify Food and Drink
1) Speak With Animals (2), Entangle, Obscuring Mist, Whispering Wind (Domain)
2) Animal Messenger, Barkskin, Wind Wall (Domain)
3) Gaseous Form (Domain), Call Lightning (2)


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Round 6, init 16

Simon heals himself after his near death experience.

clw: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Round 6, 11

Chrystosm steps forward, aiming two wicked slashes at his foe what does the purple square with the 'x' on represent?

Attk 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Attk 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Dmg 1: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Dmg 2: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


That would be a dead Forlarren. Any square with an x means whatever it was is dead.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Round 6, Init 12

Kast grunts as Faith falls. You *will* not torment again.

He then grinds his teeth as the Satyr continues to wreck havoc on the civilians of Falcon's Hollow.

Soldiers save lives.

Kast moves closer to the Satyr, again readying the Iron Quill on another perfect arc and sending it at the Satyr.

1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 - 2 = 10 to hit;
1d10 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 damage.

"Here, Satyr, I have a new tune for you."


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

Round 6 Init 14

Status:

HP = 46/46
AC (N/T/FF) = 21/14/17 (+2 vs. Faith)
Weapon Equipped = Longbow
Arrows = 13/40
Silver Arrows = 50/50
Cold Iron Arrows = 50/50
Speed = 20'
Lay on Hands = 4/4 (2d6)
Smite Evil = 0/2 (+2 hit, +4 damage, +2 AC vs. target)
Status Effects = Haste, Bless

With Faith dead, Nimeon turns his attention to the satyr.

Activate Second Smite on the Fungustyr.

DCL PS RS Smite #1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 141d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
DCL PS RS Smite #Rapid: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 231d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
DCL PS RS Smite #Haste: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 221d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
DCL PS RS Smite #2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 191d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Othoe, fed up with all the evil in this town, bends over Kreed, taking at least one source of it out of the picture. Kreed rattles and burbles, and then lays still.

satyr reflex save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
satyr reflex save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

The Satyr shifts away from the flaming sphere while still holding on to his hostage. Faith is indeed dead dead, so I shifted Dorial's second sphere onto the Satyr.

Chrystosm takes two vicious slashes at the Forlarren next to him, striking her with one.

She returns the favor, clawing at him with all she has.

Folarren 1,claw attack 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 161d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Forlarren 1,claw attack 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 151d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Her sister does the same.

Folarren 2,claw attack 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 181d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Folarren 2,claw attack 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 81d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Kast stomps up to wreak vengeance upon the Satyr, but he pulls his strike for fear of hitting Faith.

"It's ok, Kast. Don't worry about me, just kill him!" Fleur tries to be brave, though she can't quite stop shaking.

grapple attempt to break free: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Nimeon sends a flurry of arrows towards Fleur and the Satyr, but he misses the girl entirely. Two of his arrows sink deep into the Satyr's fur.

The Satyr looks at Kast and grins, "Oh, is that the way of it, then? I tell ya what I'll do, my friend. Back off and when I'm done with her, I'll let her leave.Unless..." He gives Fleur a decent shake, nearly snapping her neck in the process. "Unless you'd rather I just ahhh... leave her here now.."

satyr grapple check +5: 1d20 + 8 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 5 = 27

Begin round 7


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Round 7, Initiative 20

Status:
HP: 10/32
Weapon Equipped = Dagger
Conditions = Endure Elements, -1 strength (damage), Bless (8 of 50r), Flaming Sphere (6 of 6)
Arcane Bond = 1/1
Pearl of Power (first) = 1/1
Force Missile = 7/7
Wizard Spells Remaining:
0) Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost*, Spark 
1) Grease
2) Glitterdust, Invisibility, Knock, Scorching Ray*
3) Dispel Magic, Haste

Othoe blinks his eyes a moment to clear the blood and surveys the battlefield. He sees the Satyr and another target. He first moves his flaming sphere onto the fey creature
Flaming Sphere (fire): 3d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 6, 4) + 3 = 17 Reflex DC 17

Shortly after the flaming sphere rolls into the square, it fizzles and dies (he takes the damage this round (if he fails his save) and then the sphere dissipates).

Then he fires his last Magic Missile w/ Toppling Spell hoping to finish him off.

Magic Missile x4: 1d4 + 4 + 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 4 + (1, 2, 3) + 3 = 16 Trip CMB: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

He says nothing adding only silence to the din of combat.

EDIT: Oops, I forgot my SR rolls.
Flaming Sphere SR: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Magic Missile SR: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


reflex save for Satyr: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

The Satyr shifts around another flaming sphere, his toes warmed, but not harmed, by the ball of flame. Othoe's magic missiles fire silently across the battle field, only for them to fizzle upon impact. So intent on tormenting Fleur and Kast, it's possible the creature didn't even feel them.


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Round 7, init 16

Simon focuses again on the battle, turning his prayers against the Satyr clutching Fleur.

Hold Person DC15 against Satyr, to beat SR: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Hold person won't work on the Satyr, Simon


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

I'm a crappy spellcaster, can we make that command to drop Fleur at DC14 instead?


Yes, we can, but you'll need to make a caster level check against SR 17


will save for the Satyr, should it be needed: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Simon busted a 3 on his d20 roll against SR, and it looks like the Satyr beat the DC by 10 on the save. If we can swap those two rolls then we'd be in business, but as it is, another failed round.


:( dangit!

Simon tries to command the Satyr, but the spell disipates like so much ash against his his horns.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Round 7, Init 12

Kast looks at Fleur and smirks.

Soldiers save.

"She is everything and nothing to me Satyr...however, nothing worth saving is without risk."

Kast whistles the Iron Quill at the Satyr.

1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 - 2 = 25 to hit; (power attack)
1d10 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 damage.

Chrysto, I flank with ye.


Round 7 | Initiative 26

Seeing the distress that Fleur is in, and running out of useful spells, Dorial dive bombs the Satyr.

Didn't realize I had to make SR checks against the Satyr, but it's not like he failed any of the reflex saves anyways :P

SR Check #1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 vs DC 17
SR Check #2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 (if needed vs the Forelean)

Grapple attempt: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 (+4 BAB, +2 Strength, +1 Bless, -1 Size, +1 Higher Ground)

Satyr needs a Reflex save vs DC 15 or take 3d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 6) = 13 fire damage
Forlean needs a Reflex save vs DC 15 or take 3d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 4) = 8 fire damage

Sphere #1 - 5/6 rounds used
Sphere #2 - 4/6 rounds used

Status:

HP: 19/45
Status:
Equipped:
Available: dart x3, light shield
Wind Blast (Su): 6/7
Wild Shapes (Su): 0/3
Spells:
0) Detect Magic, Create Water, Light, Purify Food and Drink
1) Speak With Animals (2), Entangle, Obscuring Mist, Whispering Wind (Domain)
2) Animal Messenger, Barkskin, Wind Wall (Domain)
3) Gaseous Form (Domain), Call Lightning (2)

Current Wild Shape Stats:

Strength: 14
Dex: 14
AC: 16 (+2 Dex, +5 NA, -1 size)
Size: Large
Speed: 50' Flight


Kast steps up, taking another swing at the Satyr. His words bring a flare of hope to Fleur's face. The Quill takes a chunk out of one of the dancing goat's hooves, but no more.

Satyr reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Dorial's flaming sphere burns the Satyr as the Vulture attacks from above. She clutches at him with her talons, making it impossible for the Satyr to escape with his prize, at least for now.

Forlarren reflex save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 The Forlarren stumbles over the sphere, setting alight like so much kindling. Her odd screams add to the cacophony of terror in the area, then go silent as she slumps to the ground.

From above, Ketarynen runs along one long limb, then jumps after the vulture, holding on for all she's worth.

acro check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
falling: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 4) = 11
grapple on vulture: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 1 = 24

Nimeon, Chrystosm are up, then the Satyr.

edit: attack of op on Dorial: attack of op with horns on Vulture: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 51d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Attack of Opportunity vs Ketarynen

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 4) + 3 = 13

Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Bonus Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 5) + 3 = 14

Ouch...


The Satyr tries to gore Dorial as she attempts to grapple, but misses. The Vulture turns her head as Katarynne falls, pecking her in the face!


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Round 7, init 11

Aided by Kast's soldierly command of the battlefield, Chrystosm spots a vulnerable spot in his foe's defences and moves to exploit the opportunity!

Attk 1 w/flank: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 2 = 23

Attk 2 w/flank: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 = 17

Dmg 1: 1d8 + 2 + 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + (4, 2) + 1 = 16

Dmg 2: 1d6 + 1 + 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (1, 5) + 1 = 9


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

Round 7 Init 14

Status:

HP = 46/46
AC (N/T/FF) = 21/14/17 (+2 vs. Faith)
Weapon Equipped = Longbow
Arrows = 10/40
Silver Arrows = 50/50
Cold Iron Arrows = 50/50
Speed = 20'
Lay on Hands = 4/4 (2d6)
Smite Evil = 0/2 (+2 hit, +4 damage, +2 AC vs. target)
Status Effects = Haste, Bless

Seeing the bedazzled villagers quickly erecting a tent between him and the satyr, Nimeon moves forward and fires once.

DCL PS RS Smite: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 241d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Chrystosm devastates his opponents defenses, sending the Forlarren to a fate everyone should have guessed was coming.

Nimeon rushes around the tent, shooting again at the Satyr amidst the various grappling opponents.


The Satyr tries to shake himself free of Dorial's claws, releasing Faith as he does so. He searches for help, but Katyrenne is blocked from his view by Dorial's broad feathered chest.

"Let me go, beautiful, and I'll teach you things you never dreamed of..." Using what limited movement he has, the wretched creature rubs some not quite so covered in fungus part against her, for emphasis.

"Come on, I'll even let you blow my pipes if you're good."

grapple check to escape: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

initiative rolls:
Dorial: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Othoe: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Simon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Katyrenne: 15
Nimeon: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Kast: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12
Chrystosm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
BFS: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

map

Oh, and begin round 8


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Round 8, Initiative 20

Status:
HP: 10/32
Weapon Equipped = Dagger
Conditions = Endure Elements, -1 strength (damage), Bless (9 of 50r)
Arcane Bond = 0/1
Pearl of Power (first) = 1/1
Force Missile = 7/7
Wizard Spells Remaining:
0) Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost*, Spark 
1) Grease
2) Glitterdust, Invisibility, Knock, Scorching Ray*
3) Dispel Magic, Haste

Othoe, running out of other options, draws upon the power of his Arcane Bond to fire a full magic missile volley at the Satyr. "No, your surrender is not an option. Only your death will suffice today."

Magic Missile x4: 1d4 + 4 + 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 4 + (1, 1, 1) + 3 = 12

SR Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Round 8 | Initiative 26

Disgusted at the gesture, Dorial attempts to pin the Satyr to the ground.. not quite so covered in fungus part clearly away from her.

Grapple: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24 (+4 BAB, +2 Strength, +5 Winning Grapple, +1 Size, +1 Bless)

For reference: Pinned = Denied Dex AND -4 AC. Enjoy the pin cushion :)

SR Check #1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 vs DC 17
SR Check #2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 vs DC 17

Sphere #1 - 6/6 rounds used
Sphere #2 - 5/6 rounds used

Satyr needs a Reflex save vs DC 15 or take 3d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 5) = 15 fire damage

Status:

HP: 19/45
Status:
Equipped:
Available: dart x3, light shield
Wind Blast (Su): 6/7
Wild Shapes (Su): 0/3
Spells:
0) Detect Magic, Create Water, Light, Purify Food and Drink
1) Speak With Animals (2), Entangle, Obscuring Mist, Whispering Wind (Domain)
2) Animal Messenger, Barkskin, Wind Wall (Domain)
3) Gaseous Form (Domain), Call Lightning (2)


Dorial shoves the disgusting reprobate away from her, pinning him to the ground with her talons, trying to keep his fungus away from her. he tries to writhe and even groans as Othoe's missiles hit, then fizzle. "to the left...to the left..."

Even pinned, he manages to avoid letting the sphere burn anything other than fur and fungus.

reflex save on first sphere: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Simon,Nimeon, Kast are up


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Round 8, init 16

Not sure how he can attack the foes without causing more trouble, instead Simon focuses on helping his companions. Rushing to Othoe's side, he prays for healing.

CMW on Othoe: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (8, 7) + 5 = 20


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Round 8, Init 12

Kast continues to focus on the Satyr, who continues to dance around the flames. Kast is only somewhat jealous that the fey is so nimble...Kast has a heroic heart and a dedication to perfection.

Kast swings the Iron Quill again at the Satyr.

1d20 + 10 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 10 - 2 + 4 = 17 to hit; (power attack, grapple bonii)
1d10 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 damage.

"Let him go, Dorial...I'll handle him. I'd like to!"

Kast Stats:

HP: 43/56
AC: 23


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

Round 8

Status:

HP = 46/46
AC (N/T/FF) = 21/14/17 (+2 vs. Satyr)
Weapon Equipped = Longbow
Arrows = 9/40
Silver Arrows = 50/50
Cold Iron Arrows = 50/50
Speed = 20'
Lay on Hands = 4/4 (2d6)
Smite Evil = 0/2 (+2 hit, +4 damage, +2 AC vs. target)
Status Effects = Bless

Nimeon steps up and unleashes at the pinned satyr.

DCL PS RS Smite PBS: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 271d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
DCL PS RS Smite PBS: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 141d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
DCL PS RS Smite PBS: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 231d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Simon comes to Othoe's aid, healing him.

Kytarenne, hearing the Satyr's words to Dorial, attacks rather than helping free him as she'd intended. releasing the grapple, she attacks and falls to the ground.

attack on Dorial: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 1 = 131d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

falling damage nonlethal: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Two of Nimeon's arrows sink deep, leaving the satyr bleeding and unconscious.

Kast crashes his mighty Quill into the dying Satyr, severing whatever tenuous thread is left. Fleur rushes to Kast's side, throwing her arms around his neck, hugging him tight and dirtying his once pristine armor.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast pulls Fleur in with his shield arm and holds her tightly even as he spins around the battlefield seeking more threats.

He wants to hold Fleur for a long long time, but duty & honor & protection are more important than his selfish needs.

Soldiers protect.
Remember your honor.

Kast gently sets Fleur down behind him and the fungus tree.

"You alone make this town worth saving. You alone are the reason I am glad I came back...but I must ensure the safety of this town," Kast whispers. "Stay behind me, please."

Kast looks deeply into Fleur's eyes for what seems like forever before reluctantly pulling them away to go address Katarynne.

"Katarynne, regain yourself!"

Kast advances on her, slowly, hoping she regains her senses.


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Round 10, Initiative 20

Status:
HP: 30/32
Weapon Equipped = Dagger
Conditions = Endure Elements, -1 strength (damage), Bless (11 of 50r)
Arcane Bond = 0/1
Pearl of Power (first) = 1/1
Force Missile = 5/7
Wizard Spells Remaining:
0) Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost*, Spark 
1) Grease
2) Glitterdust, Invisibility, Knock, Scorching Ray*
3) Dispel Magic, Haste

Limited a degree in scope, but seeing only one enemy combatant left, Othoe sticks with his Force Missile and launches one at the remaining threat.

Force Missile: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
SR Check ?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

"Stand and be brutalized!"


Fleur breathes deep, as if memorizing the feel and scent of him before letting go. A clump of something, or someone catches her attention where it mars Kast's armor; she brushes it away, lingering over the simple touch before finally stepping back.

"Go. I'll wait for you." here.now.always.

...and so begin Round 9, Dorial, Othoe, Simon...


Round 9 | Initiative 26

The first ball of fire goes out while Dorial sends the second off into the tree. Can trees make reflex saves? :)

She rounds on Katarynne and attempts to put her into a hold like she did the Satyr.

Grapple: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 This provokes an AoO

Sphere #2: Round 6/6

Status:

HP: 19/45
Status:
Equipped:
Available: dart x3, light shield
Wind Blast (Su): 6/7
Wild Shapes (Su): 0/3
Spells:
0) Detect Magic, Create Water, Light, Purify Food and Drink
1) Speak With Animals (2), Entangle, Obscuring Mist, Whispering Wind (Domain)
2) Animal Messenger, Barkskin, Wind Wall (Domain)
3) Gaseous Form (Domain), Call Lightning (2)


AoO: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 91d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 plus
charisma damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Katarynne jumps as Dorial tries to grab her, but misses. Unfortunately, the Vulture can't seem to get a good hold on her, and the Huldra remains free.

The tree begins to burn, the sphere setting it ablaze. no reflex save

Othoe's missiles fly true, smacking into the Katarynne, dropping her back into the dirt, unconscious.


Will all but the burning tree down or dead, we are out of initiative unless you're putting it out or going in after the townsfolk that went in.


Round 10 | Initiative 26 Dorial is staying in initiative, even if others aren't.

Dorial leaps into the air as she glides towards the opening to the tree. Descending, she places both feet on the ground as she returns to her human form and rushes into the tree in search of villagers.

Need to get them out as quickly as possible!


It looks like we are staying in initiative. Simon, Nimeon, Kast are up. Tree is burning, Katarynne is bleeding, and the rest of the townsfolk are slowly waking up.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Staying in init as well...people need saving.

Round 9, Init 12

Kast roars as Katarynne is laid low by Othoe's magics. Kast rushes/limps forward with the Iron Quill to ensure that Katarynne is no longer a threat.

Kast stops short and drops his bardiche, remembering that not every foe is an enemy.

He casts CLW on her, hoping that he is not too late, laying his hand upon her boobies brow.

1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 healing

Round 10, Init 12

He casts Protection from Evil on Katarynne, begging Irori to make her perfect yet again.

Kast sits back and watches what happens, kneeling by her side in the silhouetted by the tree fire.


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Round 9, init 11

Chrystosm looks around to try and find something he can use to put out the burning tree

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Chrystosm wrote:

Round 9, init 11

Chrystosm looks around to try and find something he can use to put out the burning tree

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

The remains of the water system for the mill aren't that far away. It's possible that someone could fix it (or de fix it) to get water pouring over close enough. Just a couple of buckets are also an option, since the fire is currently small, but the fire seems to be spreading very quickly on the tree, especially on the fungus part of it.

4,601 to 4,650 of 4,787 << first < prev | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / "In Search of Heroes" gameplay thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.