Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


In Search of Heroes (Inactive)

Game Master verdigris

Play-by-Post game set in Darkmoon Vale, using the Pathfinder ruleset.


401 to 450 of 4,787 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast listens to Chrystosm with a raised eyebrow.

”Uhm, yeah, Chrystosm.”

Kast moves to whisper to Othoe. ”Was he like this before? I just met him and don’t remember what he was really like much. Was the always this…uhm…unlucid?”

Still worried about Chrystosm, Kast will make ready to go visit Kreed though he is much less excited about it now.

Gah. Who else in this dang town is going to want to hire a scholar or a failed soldier?


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Othoe listens quietly to the discussion of Kreed.

I know the type, he'd make a 'good' slavemaster in Cheliax. Best to avoid his eye and his ire as he sounds unpredictable. Too bad these people must suffer under such a yoke. Simon would make a much better guard for this place. I wonder if we can depose him?

Kast Phaer wrote:
Kast moves to whisper to Othoe. ”Was he like this before? I just met him and don’t remember what he was really like much. Was the always this…uhm…unlucid?”

He's lurched back to the present by Kast's comment and whispers a reply.

"I don't know him well, but he has definitely suffered at the hands of the spiders. I myself felt a little... odd... after their assault, but he was in their midst much longer and, I fear, may have suffered permanent damage."

To the others he says abruptly, "We should go, now, to Kreeds. It is unwise to keep a bully waiting."

He stands and follows the party to Kreeds offices.


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Chrystosm, in his present state, is not terribly likely to make a good impression on anybody. However, he'll do as he's told - probably - so if he's ordered to stay behind, he will. If taken along and put under stress, things may get... unpredictable...

"I need orders", repeats Chrystosm in a monotone. "Sir, patrol, or guard duty, sir?" He salutes, his mouth hanging open as he does so.


"Wait!" Laurel stops the party, and runs to fetch something to write on. "Here is the list of the ingredients we need still. Should Kreed ask what you are doing for me, you can answer him truthfully, that you are already employed, helping to get the town back to work."

Scribbling quickly, she mouths the unfamiliar ingredients out loud to herself, as if it will jar her memory.

Elderwood moss
rat’s tail root
And at least seven ironbloom mushrooms

"Go, quickly. The recipe you found says that for some, this will be the only thing to remove all traces of the taint from them. Without it, even if they survive this bout, they will have recurrences over and over until the fungus finally takes over their entire insides." She shudders at the thought, for she has had many "recover" and will need to track them all down to get a true cure, if it is at all possible. The enormity of the situation weighs heavily on her heart.


Chrystosm wrote:

Chrystosm, in his present state, is not terribly likely to make a good impression on anybody. However, he'll do as he's told - probably - so if he's ordered to stay behind, he will. If taken along and put under stress, things may get... unpredictable...

"I need orders", repeats Chrystosm in a monotone. "Sir, patrol, or guard duty, sir?" He salutes, his mouth hanging open as he does so.

Laurel shoots a worried look to the others, before responding gently, "Perhaps you should stay here with me, Chrysosm? You can guard the place while I fix up a tonic for you."


Finding out what Dorial knows about those ingredients - Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

 

Dorial looks from Laurel to Chrystosm, "Perhaps he can accompany me while I look for those ingredients. I'd hate to run into Kreed's men alone. I can send word if we get into any trouble."


Dorial, you have heard of The Elder Tree, said to live deep within the Darkwood, though you have never traveled anywhere close enough to actually see it. You do know that would be a several day trek, at the very least, just for that one ingredient.

"Oh, you know where to find them? That is wonderful! I fear I know little about them, though..."[b] she stops here to look at the paper from the book again, [b]"it's possible that... Ilizimula... might" she says the name with just a little dread.

knowl local 15:
Ilizimula, a witch said to live deep within the forest, is believed to be an old wives' tale by some, though others swear they know someone who knew someone, who had contact with her. Inevitably, those stories end with someone receiving what they asked for, but at a terrible price.

"and the ironbloom musrooms... I'm not sure where to find those."


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))
GM_Verdigris wrote:
"it's possible that... Ilizimula... might" she says the name with just a little dread.

Knowledge, local 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 vs DC 15

"Ilizimula... the witch? There is usually a stiff price to pay for her help I hear. Still, perhaps she will be more amenable if it means curing the plague", Othoe says without really believing it.

"As to the other things, I can help you Dorial if you like. I too was in the well when Kreed came by, so there's no need for me to be present when we meet with him."

He turns to Simon and the others, "That is unless you think he's going to want to see the well cleaners. If so, I'll go."

...though I won't enjoy it...


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3
GM Verdigris wrote:
Laurel shoots a worried look to the others, before responding gently, "Perhaps you should stay here with me, Chrysosm? You can guard the place while I fix up a tonic for you."

Chrystosm salutes again, draws his sword, then stands stiffly by the doorway, staring straight ahead.


Othoe wrote:
GM_Verdigris wrote:
"it's possible that... Ilizimula... might" she says the name with just a little dread.

Knowledge, local 1d20+7 vs DC 15

"Ilizimula... the witch? There is usually a stiff price to pay for her help I hear."

"That's very true, Othoe. I finally found out where we got this recipe in the first place. Apparently, Ilizimula traded it, along with several others, to my mother... for her eyesight. I remember when she went blind, but she said it was because she hadn't been careful enough with the herbs she was using. but I found her journal upstairs. She wrote what really happened in it.

But if you have to go seek her help, I don't think sending a partial contingent is wise." Laurel ponders this, finally nodding decisively, [b]"No, you'll need to all go together if you're to bargain with Ilizimula."


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

"OK then. We're off to see Kreed and then, perhaps, the witch!"

Othoe looks to the others and prepares himself mentally for Kreed's visit.

Ready?


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

"Ilizimula!" Simon's face goes white and a dark stain blooms on his britches, running down the left leg.

"Umm, Othoe, a little help please!" begs Simon, a dark red flush climbing into his cheeks.

"Sorry, my friends, the name Ilzimula," Simon says the name with a quaver to his voice, "was used by my parents when I was a small child to keep me from straying too far into the woods. She was the boogeyman, er, boogeywoman, of my childhood."

"Let us visit Kreed then, before he comes looking for us, then we'll seek out the witch, though I'm certain I'll be needing Othoe's talents this day." Simon offers up an embarrassed smile with the last statement.


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))
Simon Shrewsbury wrote:
"Umm, Othoe, a little help please!" begs Simon, a dark red flush climbing into his cheeks.

Othoe, almost casually and certainly with some subtlety, casts Prestidigitation and helps Simon with his little problem.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast gathers his stuff and walks to find Kreed.

"We'll get to the witch later."


So I have the two groups now as follows: Kast, Simon, Nimeon, and Othoe, to see Kreed and
Dorial, Chrystosm, and Laurel staying at Laurel's place, doing research and stuff. Do I have this correct before I go forward?


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Correct I think.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Ayep. Onward!

Kast hastens his steps to Kreed's house.

What's the worst that could happen?


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

yes, I think that's correct


That is correct Sir! Er, Mam... er scary Ahnkag...


At Laurel’s
As the other’s leave for The Perch, Chrystosm, and Dorial remain behind with Laurel. “My mother’s journals are on the table by the fire, Dorial. While I work on this for Chrysto here, why don’t you see what you can find for us?” Laurel suggests while she busies herself in the kitchen. Her hands are deft, moving without conscious thought as she prepares a draught she’s made many times before.

”It’ll be all right soon, Chrystosm, don’t worry. I know how scary those things can be, how scary the world can be right now.“ She pulls herbs from several different jars, continuing to talk, but keeping her voice soft and soothing as she works, ”The secret is to never be anxious when the toxin hits your system. If you can do that, then it’s a much different experience.“ Her voice softens even more, a wistful whisper, "...so so different."

At Kreed’s
The walk to Kreed’s takes you towards the water, then back up to the gate of the High Market. Two of Kreed’s men stand near the gate, but make no move to stop you. The shops and stalls in this area are markedly different than that seen in the rest of the village. Neat, clean, well cared for, these speak of a different class of clientele entirely. Even the people seem different, cleaner and less hurried.
Finding the house is easy, it’s the largest one, at the top of the bluff.

An old weasily man let’s you in, showing you through the large foyer and into a equally large dining room, paneled in premium hardwoods with thick ribs of granite every 20 feet. These curve as they reach the ceiling, all drawing to a large chandelier centered to hang directly over the Lumber Consortium emblem of tiger wood set in the darkwood floor below.

Kreed sits at a table at the front of the room, and even gets to his feet to greet you, wiping his greasy fingers on a silken yellow cloth.
”Ah, you did make it! I was beginning to wonder if I was gonna have to send someone after you! Come, sit down. Have something to eat while we talk. Simon, Nimeon, no need to stand on ceremony today, relax! Oh! And you brought the teacher with you, too! That’s good! Real good!” With a nod, he dismisses both the man that showed you in, and a couple more of his regular boys.


Dorial turns towards the kitchen and nods. "Let me see what I can find in those books then."

Dorial makes her way into the kitchen, spying the stack of journals on a end table next to the fire. Sitting in the chair next to it, she picks up the first journal and starts flipping through the pages, scanning each line for key words.

Miss Laurel's mother has such a great history. I wonder if I can learn any more about that Ilizimula that she mentioned in here.

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Holding back his surprise at the warm treatment by Kreed, Simon engages the man in a friendly manner, being sure to show their host both respect and courtesy.

"Why thank you, Thaldrin, that's mighty kind of you." Simon readily takes a seat at the table and gestures his friends to do the same. Though he does eat well from the offered food, Simon is very careful to only eat from the same dishes that Thaldrin is eating himself and he only drinks from a glass filled from the same carafes as Kreed's cup.

"To what do we owe this honor Thaldrin? Surely cleaning the well was a good task for the health of our people, had I known such a thing could get me invited up the hill for a fine meal I would have been doing charity work about town long ago."


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

"Remember Simon, it's Kreed."

Nimeon will walk with the group to Kreed's, his anger growing as they are led through the house.

I must not let it rule me. I must live the code.

"Thank you for the invitation Mr. Kreed."

Nimeon smiles and sits at the table, taking as little as possible while not offending his host. If possible he will pick nuts and vegetables, refusing to eat the meat.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast thanks Kreed for his warm welcome.

"Yes, I am the teacher. I can teach," Kast smiles warmly.

How can anyone say this guy is a jerk? I just don't see it...yet.

Kast sits and eats a full share (and then some) of any food offered.

Free food, too!

"What did you need from us?"


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Othoe resists the urge to take the place the servants left, and instead moves to sit quietly at the table.

Mindful of what Laurel said about the man, he does offer thanks. He says, "Thank you for your gracious meal sir.", but it comes out almost as a whisper.

I wish I had a good spell to speed up time!


At Kreeds

Kreed continues to eat the sumptuous meal in front of him, an expansive repast of roast pork and potatoes. Since Kreed eats and drinks from everything on the table, Simon, you have plenty to eat.
” Oh relax, Nim! Didn’t I invite you up here? Didn’t I offer you food off my own plate? Hell, I even had Sims take down my favorite stag’s head before you got here!” he says, pointing to a spot on the wall. The burly man shakes his curly blond head. ”You wound me, Nim, you truly do! And I can’t think of a single thing I’ve ever done to you to …err, well, we’ll just let that drop, won’t we?” His eyes twinkle at the reminder of past wrongs.

”But, I *did* invite you all for a reason, and it it’s a good one. Once I heard what you were up to down at the well, I just knew you and Simon were the boys for the job, yes I did! It’s about this sickness, you see. It’s gone on too long, and it’s striking every which way. Why, it even took my favorite girl over at the mill. And you know, when it affects my workers, it affects me!” This much, at least, is true. For all of his violence and temper, Thaldrin Kreed is known for seeing that his workers work, and things that get in the way of that are usually dealt with, real quick.

”So that’s why I’ve called you folks. I want you to take the kids to Elara’s place. Sick, healthy, dumb as a stump or bright as the light off a daggers blade, I want you to take ‘em all to Elara’s place. “ Thaldrin sits back in his chair, his meaty hands clasped behind his head, smiling as if he’s offered you all a gift instead of requesting a favor.

Simon and Nimeon:
you know that Elara runs the orphanage about a half day’s trip to the north, on the way to the Darkmoon Wood.


At Laurel’s
The journals include many entries from day to day life, including some while the family traveled north by caravan.

Journal 2

That fool driver has us lost! At this rate, we will never reach Olfden and our new home. Oh, I so much want to settle and begin building our new home. Still, it was not all bad. We met a huntsman, a dwarf wanderer of the woods of some sort. We were able to exchange a few recipes. I, my powder to stave off foot rot, and he had something to help with the morning sickness. It calls for ironbloom mushrooms, something I had never heard of before. But he swears that they stiffen the constitution. He had a few with him, dried, that I was able to trade for, but he said I could find them in the dark, where metal grows. I will need to hoard them, as I have no clue when I will ever chance upon them again.


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

Kreed's

Nimeon smiles tightly, showing just a glint of teeth.

"Oh yes, you've been quite generous over the years. I am most thankful for the lessons I learned working for you. I assume you want the children taken to the orphanage because you want your next generation of workers to survive even if their parents don't. What makes you think the orphanage won't have the plague or that the sick children won't bring it there? Do you have a plan?"

He always has a plan. I must learn to plan ahead too. Yes, much to learn from him before I kill him. This is the way.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast eats happily as the group talks.

At the mention of taking the children to the orphanage, Kast nods.

Seems like a simple request. What could possibly go wrong?

"We are currently working on this plague for Ms. Lauren, too. When were you asking that we do this?"


Dorial looks up from the journal to see Laurel running about mixing items together, "I think I found something here! Your mother met a wanderer that exchanged some ironbloom mushrooms with her. He said that they grow in the dark, where metal grows."

Where metal grows? Metal doesn't grow.

"Have you heard of any such places like that near here?"

Knowledge (Nature): Where does metal grow? 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Othoe eats unhappily...

Take all the children from their families? That seems like the sort of thing that will get us enemies in the town - and quickly too. I wonder if there's a way for us to turn down this 'generous' offer.

Does Othoe know who Elara is?

Knowledge, local 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

In particular, is she able to look after all the children of the village? If so, is she considered 'friendly' by the other villagers? Will they be strongly opposed to having their children with her just based on her personality?


Nimeon wrote:

Kreed's

Nimeon smiles tightly, showing just a glint of teeth.

"Oh yes, you've been quite generous over the years. I am most thankful for the lessons I learned working for you. I assume you want the children taken to the orphanage because you want your next generation of workers to survive even if their parents don't. What makes you think the orphanage won't have the plague or that the sick children won't bring it there? Do you have a plan?"

He always has a plan. I must learn to plan ahead too. Yes, much to learn from him before I kill him. This is the way.

"Short sighted, Nimeon, ever short sighted. It'll be the death of you, I swear!" Thaldrin says with a laugh.

"There might be plague at Elara's and there might not. That's beside the point. What matters is that plague is distracting my workers! what workers I've got, I need focused on working, not trying to care for their broods at home. If we take the kids to Elara's, it'll be a load off their minds, and more work will get done. Hells, I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner!"

"Teacher-man, you check out the space at Elara's while you're there. Instead of reopening the school here, we can build something out there. Keep the kids out the way for the workin' folks, and with proper instruction, they'll be ready to go to work when it's their turn too! It's a win-win for everyone!" Kreed's eyes sparkle as the idea grows on him.

Turning his gaze on Kast, he looks shocked that he has to explain more"When? why today of course! No time like the present. Oh sure, sure, you have to help Laurel get this cured, but that sounds like it will take some time, and these kids need moving. " he pauses, stroking his chin, before he smiles broadly, "though I guess I could send them with some of my men...." he let's that idea percolate a little, though he can't imagine Nimeon, nor even that weak-willed plant pansy Simon leaving it to his boys to see the kids there... at least, not safely.

Othoe, people seem to think well of Elara, a good woman taking care of children that are no kith nor kin of her own. It is a trek out there, and perhaps would have been wiser to be closer to town, but some think she did it to protect them from the town's bad influences, as she's seen as a very pious woman.


At Laurel's

Dorial wrote:

Dorial looks up from the journal to see Laurel running about mixing items together, "I think I found something here! Your mother met a wanderer that exchanged some ironbloom mushrooms with her. He said that they grow in the dark, where metal grows."

Where metal grows? Metal doesn't grow.

"Have you heard of any such places like that near here?"

Knowledge (Nature): Where does metal grow? 1d20+7

Laurel, bent over the steaming brew, looks up as Dorial mentions her mother. "Hmmm? Oh. yes, my mother had many adventures before she settled down here." Leaning back, she closes her eyes and tries to think. After a moment, she opens them, smiling a little as she recalls an old nursery rhyme her mother once taught her,

Like apples, plums and other fruit
Or vines around a cellar's chute
silver blooms and gold takes root
Beneath a mount of Droskar's soot.


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

"Thaldrin, your skill at business is unrivaled, there's no doubt about that, but new approaches should be taken with careful consideration. I think this plan of moving the children may fail, and severely at that." Simon waggles a piece of the roast pork at Kreed, "Think of the pigs that provided this meal, they're happy to rut about eating their slop, as long as their little piglets are nearby, but take the piglet away and place it in a nearby pen and the boar will fight to the death to get through the fence and back to the side of it's young one."

Simon takes a swig from his mug to let the idea settle, then continues.

"Moving masses of children will take much more effort than moving just Elara, and we need to build a new school house anyways," Simon reaches over a slaps Kast on the shoulder, giving the man a grin, "Let us build some dorms at the same time to complement the school house, and build the whole thing just outside of town. You keep the piglets.. er, children.. close and the parents happy, yet still accomplish the goal or removing them from immediate care concerns and allowing the workers to focus on work."

Simon takes another swig, working the argument the best he can.

"When all is said and done, you'll have a new school house and dorms on the edge of town. After the plague has passed, those will attract new students and bring an influx of young people with strong backs and little other means of income, they'll be perfect to replenish your aging workforce and they'll be willing to work for less wages."


Simon Shrewsbury wrote:
an absolutely brilliant argument but....

Kreed listens and nods, his smile just getting wider and wider, “Well shims and splits, boy, it sounds like you’ve thought of just about everything, yes you did."

"Everything, except for one little detail. Ya see, a boar don’t give no nevermind about the sucklings, not no mind at all save that they stay out from under foot. And if they don't? He just eats them right down.” he points out with a nod to the nearly empty plate in front of him.

”What they do care about is having some peace in the pen. If a boar starts feeling too cramped, he gets itchy, growl, and is likely to a bite out of just about anyone that gets in his way."

“the way I see it, all that building will take time, and people, and why should we go through all that when I’m sure Elara already has a place set up? No sir, that idea’s about as cute as a freckle on a bride’s butt, but it’s worth about as much when all the sweatin’s done. “ Until this point, his voice has kept the tone it held when you came in the door, but now it hardens, that edge of ice cold certainty slipping beneath his next point.

”But I see your point. Maybe it’s too big a job for your little group here. You’ve got your work with Miss Lauren," he says, with a nod toward Kast, "and all those herbs to take care of. I’ll have the boys start with today’s group –oh, you didn’t think I expected you to take them all at once did you? I got a group of five or six upstairs right now, just waiting to go. And would you know it, their parents were just as pleased as punch to send ‘em on their way too – I’ll start the boys with today’s group and we’ll just go from there.”


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Wow, Simon! What a great post!
And equally good rejoinder, GM Verdigris (for an angry ankheg!).

Kast head bobs from speaker to speaker, watching the two trade verbal points.

They are good.


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Crap!

Simon realizes his argument will hold no sway with Kreed and the children are being shipped out of town regardless of what the companions do, or try to do, about it.

Just as well, no need for the kids to see when Nimeon spills Kreed's blood, the Gods willing.

"Well, Thaldrin, that's why you're the boss, you make the tough decisions. We do have work to complete if Laurel is going to keep the workers healthy and keep this plague from spreading."

The stories of men disappearing from the lumber camps concerns Simon greatly as he thinks of Kreed sending the kids away.

"If our search for herbs takes us that direction, maybe we can check in on the little rascals at Elara's place to be sure they're doing alright. Sure enough some of them are going to be homesick and heartstruck without their parents there to comfort them. I hope your men have the right attitude for this task, a few missing kids would cause a worse panic than this plague and send families fleeing this town for sure."

Is that what Thaldrin wants, is he trying to drive people away from Falcon's Hollow?


"Hmm, well I don't think I've ever heard of this Droskar. I'll ask the others when they return."

She sets the book down on the end table as she gets up and heads over to Laurel. "Is there anything that I could help you with right now? Perhaps you could show me how to make your potion in case it's needed when we're not in the town."

I'd hate for one of us to be affected by some spores when we're days away.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast slowly nods as Simon speaks.

Interesting. We finish working for Lauren, eh?

Kast reaches for another pork chop, anxious to get the food in hand before it is taken away.


At Laurel's

"It is nearly complete, I'm afraid." Laurel moves to one side so you can see into the pot, it's contents an odd transparent green. " It just calls for one...more...." with one final stir, she removes the boiling container to a nearby holder. With a sigh, she reaches for the last jar, the one from this morning.

Her mouth moves silently, as she lets the prayer fill her mind, Mother of Mysteries, giver of dreams, the light of your vision shows more than it seems. Dreamers have faltered, awed by the sight, one has been blinded, caught tight in the night.

"Thank you for this, your last gift." she whispers, pulling the last spider, still beyond tiny, but surprisingly bigger than it seemed just a few hours ago, from its clay prison. She brushes a kiss to the bright blue of its back, then crushes it quickly between her fingers and into the mixture.

"There. It is done. Chrystosm. Come, this will help you."


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Chrystosm doesn't move for a moment, then sheathes his sword, marches over and salutes, barking out his name, rank and number as he does so. He takes the potion, drinks it, then collapses onto the nearest piece of furniture, sighing.

He holds his head in his hands for a moment, then looks up at Laurel and Dorial for a moment.

"I... ah... I really have been off on one, haven't I? Sorry. Sorry. At least I didn't do anything that stupid... I think... "


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

Nimeon sits quietly, food untouched as Simon spars with Kreed.

How many in this room? Exits? How fast can we drop Kreed?


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))
Kreed wrote:
"Everything, except for one little detail. Ya see, a boar don’t give no nevermind about the sucklings, not no mind at all save that they stay out from under foot. And if they don't? He just eats them right down.” he points out with a nod to the nearly empty plate in front of him.

Yep, he's a bully. He's already started on this plan of his and he will complete it with or without us. At least Simon's brilliant argument means it's without us so that's something. We can remain out of conflict for a little while longer I think.

Othoe waits on the edge of his seat, feet dangling in space. He waits for the sparring to be over and an exit to be found.


At Kreed's

Simon Shrewsbury wrote:

Crap!

"Well, Thaldrin, that's why you're the boss, you make the tough decisions. We do have work to complete if Laurel is going to keep the workers healthy and keep this plague from spreading."
"If our search for herbs takes us that direction, maybe we can check in on the little rascals at Elara's place to be sure they're doing alright. Sure enough some of them are going to be homesick and heartstruck without their parents there to comfort them. I hope your men have the right attitude for this task, a few missing kids would cause a worse panic than this plague and send families fleeing this town for sure."

Thaldrin’s laugh rolls out deep and loud from his belly, “you’re right about that, my boy, yes you are. You all should get on with the gettin’ and let me worry about these kids. And if your search takes you be Elara’s, well, so much the better, but there won’t be no reason, not for this lot. They’re all orphans, one and all, and needing a place right soon. “

Rubbing his stomach and stretching wide as he gets up from the table, he gestures towards the door o the hallway. They’re opened by two men standing on either side, apparently ready for just about anything. “They’re not quite big enough to be useful just yet, or I could have found work in town, I suppose. You know this is a working town; everyone works - even the orphans and runaways. Now you all best be off and I’ll see if I’ve got any boys free enough to take these whelps to Elara. Work to do, yes there is. Work for everyone!”

sense motive 15, perception 20:
The stretch seems to cue someone hidden in a recess formed by the stone ribs and wooden panels. For just a moment, the sharp end of a crossbow bolt flashes before disappearing once more. Apparently, you haven’t been as alone with Kreed as it was meant to appear.


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Sense Motive 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11 vs DC 15
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 vs DC 20

Othoe slides off the chair and starts for the door, perhaps a little too abruptly.

I'm glad that's over with. I can't wait to breathe fresh air again!

Once outside, he joins the group back to Laurels.

"We need to get this plague cured quickly so those children can be with their families again."


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

Kreeds

Perception DC 20: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Sense Motive DC 15: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

A sniper? I wonder how many others were waiting?

Outside

"He had someone waiting for us with a crossbow. Othoe is right, we need to get the others and make our way out of town to find this plague."


At Laurel's

Chrystosm wrote:

Chrystosm doesn't move for a moment, then sheathes his sword, marches over and salutes, barking out his name, rank and number as he does so. He takes the potion, drinks it, then collapses onto the nearest piece of furniture, sighing.

He holds his head in his hands for a moment, then looks up at Laurel and Dorial for a moment.

"I... ah... I really have been off on one, haven't I? Sorry. Sorry. At least I didn't do anything that stupid... I think... "

"You didn't do anything stupid, my friend. It was...unfortunate, though. Hopefully, you will be ok from now on." Laurel says. Her eyes, for all of her relief at your improvement, still seem sad and tired.

Chrystosm, I need you to make a fort save for me, please. Actually, Simon, I think you need to make the same one, if I remember correctly. (ability damage above 1pt?


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Fort 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Chrystosm smiles. "And I do owe you my thanks for getting me back to normal", he says, "Or as normal as I get, anyway."

He suddenly feels conscious of being slightly out of his element, sitting in a herbalist's with two women.

"Now, is there anything I can do for you before the others come back, er, put up shelves? Clean out gutters? Sit quietly in a corner... ?"

His voice trails off and he stands there, empty potion bottle in hand, looking sheepish.


Laurel's

Chrystosm wrote:

Fort 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Chrystosm smiles. "And I do owe you my thanks for getting me back to normal", he says, "Or as normal as I get, anyway."

He suddenly feels conscious of being slightly out of his element, sitting in a herbalist's with two women.

"Now, is there anything I can do for you before the others come back, er, put up shelves? Clean out gutters? Sit quietly in a corner... ?"

His voice trails off and he stands there, empty potion bottle in hand, looking sheepish.

"Do you know anything about a "Droskar"? Laurel says the name oddly and looks to Dorial for confirmation.

knowledge History or Geography, or religion of 20, if you have them?


Dorial returns Laurel's nod, acknowledging the name. "I think it may be a mountain or hill based on the context, but I've got nothing past that."

 

She sits at the table, examining the numerous ingredients that Laurel has.

 

This is such a marvelous collection! I wonder if Simon grows any of these herbs.

401 to 450 of 4,787 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / "In Search of Heroes" gameplay thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.