Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

In Search of Heroes (Inactive)

Game Master verdigris

Play-by-Post game set in Darkmoon Vale, using the Pathfinder ruleset.


301 to 350 of 4,787 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))
Kast Phaer wrote:
"I will ponder this, Othoe. That god...he is not so different in Pantheon from Irori, but his gifts always come with a price. Until I say otherwise, I would rather die than have his influence upon me."

"As you wish Kast. Death first."

Unperturbed Othoe continues to search though he will pause at the unique (at least in his experience) ottoman. Knowing nothing of it's origin though, he will continue the search after a pause. Moving to the locked trunk, he asks...

"Can anyone open this without damaging it? If not, I can go downstairs and ask for a key but I'd rather not bother Laurel unless we have to. She seems very tired."


Simon Shrewsbury wrote:

Simon takes a few minutes to understand the genealogy chart, drawing upon his knowledge of people in this small town to see if there are any family connections he was previously unaware existed.

"This is interesting, can I get some light this way please." Simon angles the chart to catch the light being provided in the attic.

Simon, you definitely see Laurel and her parent's names on the chart, though it appears she also had a brother, but you don't remember him. As the names go further back, they get more exotic sounding on one side, including a distant ancestor "Jak-til Makra" about 4 generations back.


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

Nimeon puts away his bow and draws his sword as the group begin searching the attic.

"I too prefer not to have that spell cast on me Othoe."

Taking 20 to search various areas as posted, probably behind the others.

"Ware those globes, they are probably what created the spiders. And this book would seem to explain why."

K. Nature on orange wood: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


"Thank you Simon. I feel much better."

Gathering her equipment, she collects her thrown dagger and using the still lighted tip, begins searching through area C7 and D7.

"Othoe, I must also ask that I not be affected by something so unnatural. I hope you understand."

Taking 20 on search check. Result = 28


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Simon considers the book on weaving strange materials, the spinning wheel, and the mass of shimmering spider web in the attic.

"Friends, let us save some of that shimmering web material, it may prove useful. Let me ask Laurel about it right quick and also see if she has a key for that trunk."

Simon scampers down the ladder to speak with Laurel about the possible project of weaving the strange spider silk and to ask her for the key to the trunk.

"Sweet Laurel, we eliminated a swarm of spiders in the attic space, surely you heard us bumping around up there. In our searching for your book, there is a locked trunk that we would like to open, do you happen to have the key? Also, we found another book about the weaving of exotic materials, a spinning wheel, and lots of shimmering spider's thread, would these items be useful to you, should we bring them down from the attic?"


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Othoe grins and chuckles to himself as everyone lines up to not receive healing at his hands.

"No problem gentle companions, I shall keep the spell to myself - and out of respect, only use it in the direst of need."

I guess they've not yet been really up against it with no outlet but to embrace the evil, if with arms fully extended. No harm done. With luck, now that I travel with a healer, neither will I!

Othoe continues to help his new friends search the attic and makes a mental catalogue of all they find.

Truly Laurel must be well off to have such a large space just for storage - let alone all the stuff in it. Still, her life is hard - I hope we can do something to ease her suffering.


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3
Simon Shrewsbury wrote:
"Friends, let us save some of that shimmering web material, it may prove useful. Let me ask Laurel about it right quick and also see if she has a key for that trunk.

Chrystosm seems to react to Simon's words, addressing the gardener's retreating form as he scurries down the ladder.

"He's got the key." he says, tonelessly. "He can lock you up, or he can open you up - whichever he wants. That's how he knew how to find me. That's how he got inside me"

He stares mournfully at Othoe for a moment, then sits still, gazing at the pile of objects in front of him with a worried expression on his face.


Nimeon wrote:

Nimeon puts away his bow and draws his sword as the group begin searching the attic.

"I too prefer not to have that spell cast on me Othoe."

Taking 20 to search various areas as posted, probably behind the others.

"Ware those globes, they are probably what created the spiders. And this book would seem to explain why."

[dice=K. Nature on orange wood]1d20+3

Nimeon:
though it seems strange and foreign, it looks like Tiger's Wood to you, a rare wood from the Mwangi Expanse. It is best known for holding heat for long periods of time. Your only experience with it was an old soldier's walking stick. When heated before a march, the warmth would last most of the day, keeping his gnarled hands limber and strong.

Dorial wrote:

"Thank you Simon. I feel much better."

Gathering her equipment, she collects her thrown dagger and using the still lighted tip, begins searching through area C7 and D7.

"Othoe, I must also ask that I not be affected by something so unnatural. I hope you understand."

Taking 20 on search check. Result = 28

Dorial, the long box contains men's clothes, long out of style. At the very bottom, is a piece of jewelry, a leather choker with off-white opaque beads or stones and an amber-colored center stone with a darker band of color running vertically through the middle.

Next to it, beneath a common blanket, is a spinning wheel that appears to be in good shape.


Simon Shrewsbury wrote:

Simon considers the book on weaving strange materials, the spinning wheel, and the mass of shimmering spider web in the attic.

"Friends, let us save some of that shimmering web material, it may prove useful. Let me ask Laurel about it right quick and also see if she has a key for that trunk."

Simon scampers down the ladder to speak with Laurel about the possible project of weaving the strange spider silk and to ask her for the key to the trunk.

"Sweet Laurel, we eliminated a swarm of spiders in the attic space, surely you heard us bumping around up there. In our searching for your book, there is a locked trunk that we would like to open, do you happen to have the key? Also, we found another book about the weaving of exotic materials, a spinning wheel, and lots of shimmering spider's thread, would these items be useful to you, should we bring them down from the attic?"

Simon:
Simon, Laurel is where you left her, tearing through her various containers, repeating over and over, "it's not here, it's not here" though what she may be looking for is not apparent."

Once you have gotten her attention, though, she is able to point you to a draw full of keys in the "side table" by the stairs in the attic. She looks absolutely horrified that you "eliminated a swarm of spiders", "What? I'll never be able to replace them! How will I ever repay him?" Her attention is short-lived, however, and she soon returns to her search.


Not finding what she is looking for, Dorial moves further into the attic and searches the area around her.

Moving to C3 and taking 20 on searching B3/B4/D2/D3.

I hope that poor Chrystosm will be ok. That spider venom really messes with the head. Maybe Miss Laurel has something to cure that.


Dorial wrote:

Not finding what she is looking for, Dorial moves further into the attic and searches the area around her.

Moving to C3 and taking 20 on searching B3/B4/D2/D3.

I hope that poor Chrystosm will be ok. That spider venom really messes with the head. Maybe Miss Laurel has something to cure that.

Like Kast, you find a trunk, but it is locked. You also find two nice, but old, rugs


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

With a concerned look to Laurel, Simon grabs the keys from the drawer and takes them up to the attic for unlocking the trunks.

"Here, my friends, keys that should hopefully unlock these trunks. I'm going to check on Laurel, something seems very wrong with her."

The concerned Simon goes back downstairs to sooth and help Laurel with her search.

"Sweet Laurel, let me help, you rest your poor self here in a chair and I'll find what you need." Simon settles Laurel into a chair in the kitchen. "Now, what is it your searching for?"


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

"Laurel needs something? There's plenty of bodies up here, I'll see what I can do down there to help."

Nimeon follows Simon downstairs again.


Upstairs

The key, gnarled of some wood so hard it could be stone, fits the trunk, it's lid opening with ease. Inside are several smaller books, diaries, and a larger book with a green wooden cover. In it are many pages full of recipes, notes on treatments, and other medicinal wisdom as any healer might collect over a lifetime. But tucked in the middle, pressed carefully flat, is a piece of some other material. Held up to the light, it seems as if small worms crawl just beneath the surface of it. At the top, scrawled in some dark color neither red nor brown but in between it reads, "Paid, in full." Beneath it, in a more common ink, is a complex recipe listing many ingredients. Some, like "the water off a duck's back" seem easy enough, though there are others that elude pronunciation, let alone understanding.

Downstairs

"No, I have to find it, a cure. I must, don't' you see?" Laurel sits for a moment, but her hands twist in her lap, and she continues to mutter, "they'll die, and it will be all my fault! No, I must find it, I must!"

perception 15, or Heal check:
As her hands twist and tie themselves in knots, the sleeves of her robes fall back, exposing numerous tiny scars. Some are old, but others are long healed. Upon closer inspection, several threads of webbing lay tangled in her hair at the base of her neck.


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

Downstairs

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

"What do you mean it's your fault Laurel? How could it be your fault?"


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

"Dorial, what did you find there? That looks like the book we seek! What is that scrap of paper though? Seems ominous doesn't it?"

If permitted, Othoe takes a look at it. Could the 'worms' be some sort of arcane rune?

Knowledge(Arcana) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Simon observes Laurel's angst, unsure what change is coming over his longtime friend.

"Laurel, what do you that 'it will all be your fault', what has happened?"

Heal check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Simon's eyes go wide at the sight of the tiny scars and the webbing on Laurel.

"Good gods, sweet Laurel, you've been bitten, by spiders it appears! Dorial, we need your help!" Simon calls upstairs to his companions. "Laurel's has been bitten by the spiders, can you get her changed out her robe and make sure no vermin are hiding within."

Turning back to Laurel, Simon pleads with her to allow their help in healing her wounds, physical and otherwise.

"Sweet Laurel, trust me and my friends and allow us to help. You need healing and rest, we'll take care of you and your shop while you recover."


Downstairs

Laurel looks from Simon to Nimeon and back again, her gaze as glazed or worse than Chrystosm's upstairs. "Can't you hear them? If I could just find it... If I could..."

anyone moving her hair to remove the web finds two spiders in her hair, and a trail of fresh bites along the neck opening of her clothes. Once those are removed, she settles down, but continues to be glazed disoriented.

Upstairs

The worms appear to be some odd illusion of the way the material was made, with tiny bits of worms and spiders mixed into whatever it is made out of. There does appear to be an arcane mark on it, though whoever "Ulizmila" is, their mark is kind of, well... creepy.


Hearing her name and 'help', Dorial rushes back downstairs.

"What's going on? Is something wrong with Miss Laurel?"

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Dorial gasps at the spiders crawling in her hair and at the fresh marks upon her neck. She bats the spiders away, squishing them beneath her boots.

She nods to simon, "Help me get her to her room and I'll take care of her."

With Simon's help, Dorial will guide Laural to her room where she'll change, clean and dress her wounds.

Heal check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

------

Once Laural is laid down in her bed, Dorial will make sure that she is well before returning to the others.


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

"We can't leave the town's healer to suffer, and I feel that I need a bit of rest myself after the spider bites, most likely any of us that was bitten will need some rest." Simon rubs the angry red welts on his leg. "Perhaps we should take a few days to tend to Laurel, clean her home to be sure no more spiders remain, and take some time to try and clean the town well of the fungus? It might also give us a chance to help Laurel use the book she requested with a possible cure and I must admit that I want to check out the shiny book on weaving once I'm feeling a bit better."

"For now, I've some skill in purifying water, I can spend the days at the well working to be sure no one drinks the contaminated water, perhaps that will hold off new cases of the plague for a little while." Simon looks to his friends for support. "Once we get Laurel back on her feet we can start thinking about the logging camps. The only problem with that is the amount of time it will take, does anyone have a different plan of action that may be more suitable?"


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

"I agree, it's a good plan. If Laurel is out of it, the whole town suffers so clearly she must be our first priority here."

"I'll spend the rest of the day cleaning the attic though I'll need some rags - my spells help but only a little here and there for the toughest bits. During 'rest' breaks I can go through the texts up there as well and see if there's anything else of use."

"Tomorrow we can see about cleansing the well properly - maybe lowering someone down with a light to see what's going on in there. And of course continue to tend to Laurel. Tomorrow night we can decide where to go from there. A healthier Laurel and a clean well will do wonders no matter what else needs to be done."


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast nods along with the plan and heads upstairs with Othoe to squash spiders.


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Chrystosm is still up in the attic. He stares at Kast and Othoe as they come up.

"We found it. That's good. We obeyed, and that's what he wants. He wants us to obey orders, but what if we haven't got orders? " He turns pale and starts sweating. "Devils make work for idle hands. We've got to have orders. What are our orders?"

He gazes imploringly at the pair.


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))
Chrystosm wrote:
"We found it. That's good. We obeyed, and that's what he wants. He wants us to obey orders, but what if we haven't got orders? " He turns pale and starts sweating. "Devils make work for idle hands. We've got to have orders. What are our orders?"

"Chrystosm, it's OK, we're all fine here - including you. Our orders are to clean this attic and make sure there isn't anything else useful in fighting the plague while we're at it. The others are tending to Miss Planrick downstairs. She's fallen a little ill from overwork and whatnot."

Othoe tries to be as placating and calm as he can.

"Tomorrow we'll clean the well and see what's down there. So we have plenty of orders for now. Simon seems to be taking charge for the moment."

Othoe starts to clear away more of the webbing and generally tidying things up. He'll stack any interesting or important looking documentation to one side of the attic for perusal during rest breaks.

I wonder, with all this stuff, if there's any reference to the pact between the forest creatures and the town. Her family might be old enough... That would be a find!

Othoe's curiosity, combined with having something positive to do, gets the better of him and he hums a little tune as he works.

Maybe I could hire myself out as an attic cleaner. It'd be fun going through peoples old things. I wouldn't take anything but knowledge of course, but that is well worth it! Hrm. I suppose most attics would be quite boring though - not like this one!


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast listens to Othoe then looks at Chyrstosm, trying to see if the gnome shared Kast's concern.

"Are you okay, soldier? How many of those spiders bit you?"

Kast debates the merits/losses of ordering Chrystosm around.

Nope. Not going to do that. If you're in charge, then you're responsible for their safety and their actions. I'm not even a soldier yet, let alone a sergeant.

"Yeah, Chrystosm, why don't you help us clean up here and smash any spiders that we see. And let's continue to avoid the webbing, eh?"

* * *

Kast will spend as much time as necessary to clean and organize the attic, holding a pure "kill on sight" rule for any spider.


You are able to clean out any and all spiders you see, though some may have escaped into the walls. The webbing spools up well if you take your tame. If you use some other means of cleaning it up, I need to know how you do it.

Chrystosm continues to be a more than a little lost throughout the day, but sleeps well that night.

Chrystosm, Simon:
The active hallucinations fade, though the view of reality left in its place seem wan and lifeless, as if your senses, having been over stimulated so much, are now worn out, and almost...ache... for the loss such sensory saturation. mechanically, the wisdom damage continues, but the experience of it changes. 1 point heals naturally with a good night's sleep.

Dorial, Othoe:
The momentary hallucinations dissipate quickly, though its intangible presence clings for the rest of the day. The next morning, you feel much better. mechanically, the wisdom damage continues through the day, but is gone the next morning.

unless anyone has anything else they want addressed,

Tomorrow morning
Surprisingly, especially considering the number of scars and fresh bites that were on her yesterday, Laurel is up early, insisting on making everyone breakfast.

"I can't begin to apologize enough." she says with a wan smile. Her cheeks color slightly with embarrassment, but she refuses to dwell on what cannot be changed. "But please, tell me that you found the recipe we seek!"


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast rises early after yesterday's work to again practice with the spear and pray to Irori.

He will debate prodding Chyrstosm on his way out to see if the man wants to spar again, but after his ramblings yesterday instead opts to let the man sleep.

Near Laurel's, Kast will take a few moments to stretch and do his daily meditations to Irori, followed by an hour of practice with the longspear and morningstar (with shield).

Someday I will be a soldier. Someday.

* * *

When he finishes, he will return inside for breakfast and to discuss the day's plans with others.


Dorial spends the night curled up on the floor next to Miss Laurel's bed. Tending to her needs throughout the night.

----------

In the morning, seeing that Laurel is up and better, she spends an hour meditating before heading into the rest of the house to speak with the others.

Current stats::

Current HP: 10/10

Att. Damage: -

Wind Blast: 7/7

Spells:

*Detect Magic

*Create Water

*Light

*Purify Food and Drink

*Entangle

*Feather Step

*Whispering Wind (Domain)


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Chrystosm, upon waking, seems a little less wayward in his behaviour. He is definitely not his usual self, however, acting withdrawn and suspicious. He follows the group, standing slightly away from everybody else and casting odd glances at them.

"Are they? I know they're not, but what if they are? I remember what yesterday was like... It seemed so real! It wasn't real, was it? What if it was? What if something's wrong... with me? With them? With everything? I don't know...


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Status:
HP: 6/7
Weapon Equipped = Dagger
Conditions = None
Arcane Bond = Unused
Force Missile = 6/6
Wizard Spells Remaining:
0) Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
1) Color Spray, Magic Missile w/ Topple

Still not quite at 100%, Othoe considers another quick casting of Infernal Healing before he goes to bed.
No, I'll respect their wishes and keep it down for now. I can handle a little bandage one more day.

Again as he prepares his spells for the day he leaves Infernal Healing off the list.
Wow that's a first. It's been quite a long time since I didn't have that one on my mind.

Feeling a little more exposed than usual, Othoe presents himself to the party an hour or so after dawn, finally ready for the days events.

"Laurel, it's good to see you feeling so much better! Amazing what a good nights rest and the ministrations of healers can do!"

Othoe looks for the green bound book the party found the night before and gives it to her if there are no objections.


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

Nimeon will camp at Laurel's house, guarding the stairs to the attic. In the morning he will practice with his sword and check the attic for any changes before following Othoe in the enactment of his plan.

"It's not your fault Laurel. Tell us what you can of the spiders. Please."


Nimeon wrote:

Nimeon will camp at Laurel's house, guarding the stairs to the attic. In the morning he will practice with his sword and check the attic for any changes before following Othoe in the enactment of his plan.

"It's not your fault Laurel. Tell us what you can of the spiders. Please."

Laurel dips her head, flushing slightly at the question." The spiders...I'm so sorry about them. Usually, I am much more careful with them, and Visulu..."

Her voice catches at the name, and she has to take a moment to get her emotions back in check, before continuing, "she is...was... my pet since I was a little girl. Oh, I know she was quite horrible to you, but she would never have harmed me. I...I suppose she was just trying to protect her babies." Her smile is bittersweet, her grief still fresh, as is her guilt at the attacks on her friends.

"They are 'Jalkara Ki', Jalkara's brood, from my grandfather's people on the Southern Continent. Once, my family was known for the cloth we made from their webbing, and for the brew made from their venom. My grandparents gave up many things when they fled north, but they were able to bring the spiders. In time, they were able to reestablish their business again, in Almas. My mother, though, had no love for the textile trade, and so we moved here when I was very small. I brought Visulu with me. And everything would have been fine if only..." Here, her voice cracks again.

"I never dreamed of going into the old family business, but my brother contacted me, brought me a mate for Visulu. He said it would bring money to the area, to our pockets yes, but also to the town. something to compete with the Lumber trade to free the people."

Sighing, she stands, looking out through a window, "But he was a fool, and I was more so to believe in his crazy dream. I am only sorry that so many have had to pay for our foolishness."


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

"What happened Laurel? Where is your brother? I am sorry to bring up so many painful memories, but it may help us fight this plague."

Nimeon's concern is plain, but so is his insistence.


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Simon wakes on the morning still sore and his eyes still burning. The pain of the spider bites is fading, but a deeper fatigue plagues his every step. Joining his friends, the breakfast is long and slow as he tries to gather his energy.

"Those were no natural spiders, my friends, I've been bitten plenty of times while working about my herb gardens and nothing has left a wash in my mind like yesterday's events." The tired herbalist rubs his stinging eyes again. "Laurel, what do you mean that "so many had to pay for our foolishness", we saw one broken globe in the attic and cleaned up a mess of spiders, surely that was the extent of the threat? Has something greater happened? Is this affliction in town related somehow to your brother's business venture?"


Laurel looks confused for a moment, then laughs, though there is no real humor in it. " Oh my friends, they *are* natural spiders. The venom has mind affecting properties, that is all. My brother is in Almas, setting up the mill to make process the webbing and venom I will.. I was *supposed* to send him. I only meant that you had been harmed, and from the sounds of it, hundreds of innocent spiders have died because of my carelessness. I will have to send him word, though, that I won't be able to provide him with much after the first shipment."

She shakes her head sadly, "Were that it was that simple, but no. The spiders have naught to do with the plague, other than easing the fever dreams of those afflicted as part of the tea I give them to ease the symptoms." She looks at Simon and Chrystosm, smiling sadly. "Applied correctly, the effects can be quite...pleasant."

"Today, someone must clean the well. I will go over the recipe found upstairs, and see if I have the ingredients to make the actual cure."

A plan already forming in her head, she is moving again, as determined as yesterday, but without the frantic paranoia. "But before that, I should see if I can scrape together the things to make one more batch of the tea to ease the symptoms. People will be here soon. I must have something to give them," She doesn't mention that she will have no venom to use in it. The people will just have to deal with their fever dreams as they come.


Dorial makes her way into the kitchen while the others are discussing today's plan.

"I can help at the well with Simon. I can purify it and create clean water if necessary."

We may have to let these people suffer for a bit if we're head to the logging camps.

She ponders for a bit, her eyes staring into nothing.

"Though, even if we clean the well.. You all saw the spores brought in on the wind. We'd have to put a cover over any of those sources."

Turning to Simon/Laurel, "How far away and in what direction is the newest logging camp again?"

Check to remember/determine which direction the winds are coming from:

Survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))
Dorial wrote:
"Though, even if we clean the well.. You all saw the spores brought in on the wind. We'd have to put a cover over any of those sources."

"Excellent point Dorial. Cleaning the well might buy us a few days before it's infected again, maybe more if we get some sort of cover - and people actually use it. So we'll have to act quickly."

Othoe gathers his cleaning supplies and starts walking toward the well, presumably along with the rest of the party.

"Does anyone have any rope? I'd rather not trust that soggy length currently being used with the bucket to hold any of our weight. Sigh... and I imagine as the smallest of us, I'm likely to go down there first."

"Remember, if I tug at the rope, or scream like a little girl, it means pull me up quickly. I don't like being a pinata. Dorial, may I have some light on my ring please?"

Othoe gestures to a plain gold ring on his right hand.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast pulls out his rope, helping Othoe get a snuggled fit.

"Let me light that for you, Othoe." Kast casts Light on Othoe's ring.

"Now, you be careful down there. I'm happy to pull you back up quickly...keep talking."


Dorial wrote:
We may have to let these people suffer for a bit if we're head to the logging camps.

Laurel eyes widen, and her low lip trembles a bit as she answers. "The logging camps? What will you do there? No, I mean... I have no right to ask it, of course, especially after yesterday, but I had hoped you would search out the ingredients I need, either the ones I'm missing for the palliative brew, or any strange ones that might be in the curative recipe. People won't just suffer, they'll die without it."

Dorial wrote:
"Though, even if we clean the well.. You all saw the spores brought in on the wind. We'd have to put a cover over any of those sources."

Laurel agrees, nodding her head along with Dorial's thoughts, "Of course it will need to have a cover. It's possible the men at the mill will donate one, though I wouldn't bet on it. It may have to make due with some sort of tarp until we get everything under control. The people will need water."

Dorial wrote:

Turning to Simon/Laurel, "How far away and in what direction is the newest logging camp again?"

Check to remember/determine which direction the winds are coming from:

The closest camp is about 16 miles, North East. the breeze is currently blowing North East, coming off of the river to the south. Being right on the river, there is almost always some kind of breeze, though it switches from seaward to landward and back again, owing to complex weather stuff.

Next stop, the town well


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

"Othoe, I fear to let you go alone into the depths of the well. One of us should go with you, at the least, and one with militant skills would be best. Kast, Chrystosm, you've been sparring in the mornings, will one of you accompany our brave gnome..er...halfling into the well?" Simon looks hopefully to his companions, afraid for the health of Othoe on such an important mission. "I'll man the ropes and put my all into hoisting you to safety if the need arises."


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Before lowering Othoe down into the well, Kast will toss one of his rare coppers in.

I wish I could be a soldier. A real soldier.

Kast lips back from the well and toward his bracing point for the rope.


Wishing good luck to those that are off to clean the well, Laurel takes the book and settles down to study it, her fingers tracing over one of the fresh scars upon her neck.

Meanwhile, at the well

Approaching the well in the late morning hours, there are many people around. Several question the wisdom of letting "just anyone" mess with the common well, though none try to stop anyone if you continue to rope up the "gnome" for his trip down into the well.

Perception check=12:
A surly teenage boy on the edge of the group takes off, heading East, towards to The Perch part of town.


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Perception 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 12 Sorry - how much Wisdom damage did I take ?

Simon Shrewsbury wrote:
"Othoe, I fear to let you go alone into the depths of the well. One of us should go with you, at the least, and one with militant skills would be best. Kast, Chrystosm, you've been sparring in the mornings, will one of you accompany our brave gnome..er...halfling into the well?"

Chrystosm salutes listlessly. "I'll go"

Perception 12:
"And what was that little squirt rushing off for?

It'll be dark and cool, at least, and they won't be watching me. I don't want them watch... What am I thinking?! Oh, my head...


Chrystosm wrote:

Perception 1d20-2 Sorry - how much Wisdom damage did I take ?

You took 5 points, but have healed 1 point over night.

Chrystosm wrote:
Chrystosm salutes listlessly. "I'll go"

While Othoe and Chrystosm are lowered over the edge, more people join the others standing with you at the lip of the well. The light of Othoe’s ring shows that the first 20feet are pretty clean. The water level is much lower, though, and as you get closer, you can see what at first looks like odd steps sticking out from the wall. Closer inspection shows the black spongy material. There are three significant growths, though several tiny black spots in other parts of the wall.

I’m sorry, but now that you’re dangling some 40 feet down, how were you planning on cleaning it? I should have asked sooner.


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Nimeon watches as Othoe and Chrystosm head down the well.

"Othoe, how were you going to clean it? Magic I assume?"


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

"Glad to have you with me Chrystosm. I'll appreciate the company down there!"

Nimeon wrote:
"Othoe, how were you going to clean it? Magic I assume?"

"I'm going to pile what I find into the bucket for us to examine in the light. I might use Prestidigitation on some of the smaller hard to reach growths we may find, but I want to haul the bulk of it out into the light. It may lead to some clue or other."

Perception check 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 vs DC 12

Othoe brought along the cleaning supplies that he used in the attic. He will use them to gather up the spongy growths into small piles and send them along in the well bucket. He will use Prestidigitation on hard to reach spores.

How clean is the well generally? Is there moss? Is it a 'healthy' well as far as he can tell other than the spores?

"There are some stairs down here, and some significant growths of spores. I'll send them up in the bucket."

Othoe continues a steady stream of conversation indicating the general environment and requests a haul out to rejuvenate the light spell every 10 minutes. Otherwise he focuses on the task of cleaning.


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Chrystosm will assist Othoe, scraping the growths off the well wall and scrubbing the stone clean, as he used to do in the barracks back in Westcrown

If it shines, polish it. If it doesn't, whitewash it. If you've already whitewashed it, scrub it. If it shines, polish it. If it doesn't, whitewash it. If you've already whitewashed it, scrub it. If it shines...


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast maintains his leveraged hold on Othoe, ready to pull him up at a moment's notice.

Woah. This gnome weighs like a halfling.


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Simon gives a local girl directions for fetching a clean bucket and rope from his greenhouse. When she brings it back to the well, he asks two brothers to draw water using the new clean bucket, each time Simon casts purify water on the buckets contents before passing it out. All while standing firm against the rope tied around his waist and maintaining at least one hand in grip as he helps lower his companions into the well.

301 to 350 of 4,787 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / "In Search of Heroes" gameplay thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.