Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

In Search of Heroes (Inactive)

Game Master verdigris

Play-by-Post game set in Darkmoon Vale, using the Pathfinder ruleset.


251 to 300 of 4,787 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

Pretty much anything the size of a cat or larger. Game terms Small or bigger or anything that attacks somebody.


Still spooked, Simon continues jabbering about something, keeping Nimeon in a hyper alert state, ready for anything. Kast steps smartly, at least, as smartly as he can, into order behind Chrystosm's inadvertent command, moving around a box while refusing to sully his boots in the dead spider gore.

Othoe and Dorial have their focus elsewhere, checking out the room with little result. Only Dorial seems to notice the baby spider that crawls out, over Chrystosm's boot, and back into the the bunch of stuff in (B9), as Nimeon steadies his bow until the very last second.

Suddenly, as if the stars aligned, another, and then another, and then a flood of the tiny blue and yellow spiders comes pouring out over the top of the pile of stuff in B9, pouring down onto Chrystosm (attack of opportunity), across the floor, and over Othoe's feet as well.

Their tiny chittering mandibles echo in the space as the hungry little creatures seek out something, anything, to eat. Everywhere they go, they leave faint trails of the iridescent webbing. The pool of spiders fills C9-10 and D9-10, climbing up the legs of Othoe and Chrystosm. (Othoe and Chrystosm, you can take attacks of opportunities on the swarm if you like.)

swarm damage1d6 ⇒ 6 plus fort save against DC12, or take 1d3 ⇒ 1 wisdom damage.

Chrystosm:
tens, if not hundreds, of hard tiny fangs claim purchase, piercing your skin and bringing the hellish hellknight back into your mind and vision. Once again, the Hellknight leers down at you, listing off each infernal torment awaiting your writhing, rebellious flesh.

Othoe:
The room swims at the first piercing bite, voices from the past calling to claim your mind.

"Run, Othoe, run, but you'll never outrun your blood! I swim in your veins, boy, I *will* find you!"

Nimeon, having been primed to strike, lets loose an arrow that is surely blessed by Erastil himself. It spears through the center of the vermin swarm, completely disappearing, save for its tip that emerges on the other side. The shaft follows, thick with tiny dead spider bits, trailing iridescent webs and purple ichor.

Top of Round 4


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Round 4, Initiative 22, D14->B10, AC 17, HP 9

The only thing that scares Simon more than the assault of the creatures is his fear for his companion's health. A torrent of gibberish echoes in the rafters of the attic as Simon springs into action, rushing past Nimeon, then Kast, as he scrambles upon the heap of stuff next to Chrystosm and brings his morningstar smashing down into the mass of spiders.

Cinder Dance let's him move 40' to B10

Cold Iron Morningstar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 131d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Round 4, Initiative 12

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Dorial yells out just the spiders explode from the pile, "Look out!"

Seeing that it's too late she gathers what air current she can, her hair rises as a gust of wind erupts from her body and into the swarm.

Wind Blast (Su):1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Trying to make a straight line from D12 to C8. If Dorial is unable to avoid both Othoe and Chrystosm then she will choose Chrystosm in the hopes that he doesn't get blown back as well :)


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Round 4, Init 21, HP 6/12, AC 17

Fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11. AoO: Attk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 Dmg 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

"Yaaah! Get 'em off me!"

Chrystosm flails at the scuttling vermin swarming up his legs, then looks up - and wishes he hadn't

"Aieee! I won't go back! I won't! How did you find me?!"

Apologies if I am going a bit OTT here...


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

Round 4 Init Last

Status:

HP = 11/11
AC = 15/12/13
Weapon Equipped = Longbow
Arrows = 59/60
Speed = 20'
Smite Evil = 1/1
Status Effects = None

"Chrys don't panic! You'll drop the lamp or cause Simon to soil himself."

Nimeon takes aim at the swarm and fires again.

Longbow PBS: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 111d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

No Precise Shot if necessary.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Round 4, Init 12

Kast swears again as yet another enemy eludes his defenses.

Kast will hobble to a place where he can strike at the swarm and try to spear some spiders.

I once read that there are some places where spiders on a skewer are a delicacy.
Not sure I believe it.

1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 1 = 20 to hit;
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 damage.

Did the swarm slither in or through Kast's threatened area (long spear)? He might have an AOA.

Possible AoA:
1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7 to hit;
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 damage.


Round 4, Initiative 12 *UPDATE* D13->B9

Dorial yells out just the spiders explode from the pile, "Look out!"

Seeing that she was too late, she draws her shield and steps forward.

Replacing wind blast with a possible shield bash on round 5 if the swarm is still there.


Sorry, guys, I forgot the Fort save for nauseated from their distraction ability. So that's 1 fort save against the poison, and a second or be nauseated for one round, for Chrysosm and Othoe. *wince*

Chrystosm's Fort save against being neauseated 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Kast, you would get an attack of op with that longspear.


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Round 4, Initiative 11, Location D9->E9

Status:
HP: 1/7
Weapon Equipped = Dagger
Conditions = Bless, -1 Wisdom (damage)
Arcane Bond = Unused
Force Missile = 6/6
Wizard Spells Remaining:
0) Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
1) Infernal Healing, Magic Missile w/ Topple

Attack of Opportunity
Dagger 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 for 1d3 ⇒ 2 points of damage.

Fortitude save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 vs DC 12 (Wisdom damage)
Fortitude save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 vs DC 12 (Nauseated)

Othoe, nauseated by the spiders crawling under, er on, his skin, climbs onto the ottoman and attempts to shake them off while retching to the side (in E8).

Run!


Simon attacks, leaving a trail of glowing (but harmless) cinders in his wake, attacking the spiders with abandon, but the beasts largely move like a wave beneath the onslaught, scurrying in many directions.
Chrystosm, not to be outdone by Simon’s gibberish antics, screams and babbles as well, brandishing his rapier at the spiders. One attack spears into a large clump of the rat-sized arachnids, dispatching several with one blow.

The swarm divides, draining in many directions at once, though the large mass around Chrystosm , having found food, continues its meal, climbing higher, those lower down crawling over the higher ones to reach tender flesh.

Chrystosm:
The hallucination continues to berate and taunt you, it’s mouth leering impossibly large, ”You think you can elude us? You think you can trust those around you? There is no “out” for the likes of you, boy! We own your soul! Your parents conceived you at the whim of the Belial, a ritual, offered up by the Father of Whores to Asmodeaus like an hors d’oeuvre on a cracker! You cannot escape your destiny by running; you will only prolong the agony!
I think we’ll start with the pinky nails first….”

Simon, having drawn their attention, becomes a new focal point, as they clamber and crawl after this new delicious treat.
swarm damage to Simon and Chrystosm 1d6 ⇒ 3 possible wisdom damage 1d3 ⇒ 3 fort save to negate the wisdom damage (DC12), and a fort save (DC 12)to avoid being nauseated next round
Simon:
The bite of the spiders is quick, and within an instant, you hear the voice of your mother calling out, weak, dry, “Si-mon, please! Water, Simon, please, help…me…” but you cannot see her, nor discern the direction from which it comes.

Kast uses his long spear again, its sharp tip crunching through too many carapaces to count, and Othoe takes advantage of it, climbing up onto the Ottoman, barely making it to the top before giving up his breakfast back onto the floor.
Nimeon, his prowess from a moment before deserting him, fires into the mass, but fearing hitting his friends, he veers widely, missing them and the spiders both. Still, he reaches out, trying to steady Chriystosm with words of encouragement, but to no avail, it seems.

top, round 5, the swarm is in squares: B8, B10, C10, E10.


map
for reference.

and no, not too Over The Top for me, Chrystosm.


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Fort save to avoid wisdom damage 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Fort save to avoid being nauseated 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Round 2, init 21, HP 3/12, AC 17

Chrystosm retches, but just avoids vomiting down his shirt front, babbling wildly as he does so:

"You'll never take me alive, Barbartos! You and the Order of the Eight-Legged Rack, crawlingandbitingandcrawlingandbitingandcrawlingandbitingandcrawlingandbitingandAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!"

He flails randomly at the horde of tiny spiders swarming all over his lower body

Attk 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 Dmg 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

Round 5 Init Last C14

Status:

HP = 11/11
AC = 15/12/13
Weapon Equipped = Longbow
Arrows = 58/60
Speed = 20'
Smite Evil = 1/1
Status Effects = None

Nimeon steps forward and attempts to down the swarm near Othoe.

5' step to C13.

Longbow PBS: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 241d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
No crit on swarms.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Round 5, Init 12, Location: B11

Grunting happily that he managed to skewer some spiders, Kast droops his longspear as he realizes that the swarm has come too close for its continued use.

Drop the longspear.

Draw the morningstar.

Kast will bring the morningstar down at the swarm near Simon's feet.

1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9 to hit;
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 damage.

"What your feet, Simon!"


Round 5, Initiative 12 B9->C9

Fort save vs webs (DC 12): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Dorial grips her shield as she surges forward out of the webs.

How could webs cause such a headache!

Attack on swarms in B10: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9

Damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

"I hate spiders!!"


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Round 5, Initiative 11, Location E9 (on the ottoman)

Status:
HP: 1/7
Weapon Equipped = Dagger
Conditions = Bless, -1 Wisdom (damage)
Arcane Bond = Unused
Force Missile = 5/6
Wizard Spells Remaining:
0) Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
1) Infernal Healing, Magic Missile w/ Topple

Run!

Othoe, clearly trying to keep ahold of himself, stays on the ottoman like it was some sort of protective mount. After a moment he focuses on the problem in front of him and blasts away at it launching a Force Missile at the creatures in E10.

If the others are able to hurt them with their weapons, surely I can with my missiles! Stop gibbering and strike back!

Force Missile hits for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 damage.

If the swarm in E10 is dead, he'll instead attack the swarm on Chrystosm in C10


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Round 5, Initiative 22, B10, AC 17, HP 6/9

A long pronounced wailing explodes from Simon.

Celestial:
"NOOO, Mama, I'll bring you water, just hold on a little longer!"

Beating frantically at the spiders about him, Simon tries to pinpoint the familiar voice and rush to it.

Morningstar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 51d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


Simon bursts out blubbering in his lyrical tones, waving his morning star wildly at everything but hits nothing. fort save needed from before 1d20 ⇒ 1

Simon:
His mother’s voice continues to call, though weaker and weaker, ”Ash, Simon…my mouth tastes of ash and my head is afire…please Simon… help meee….”

Chrystosm continues his hysterical screaming, yanking one hand around and howling. With the other, though, he strikes out, stabbing at the something and spearing more of the spiders upon his rapier until just a few remain, one of those clinging viciously to his free hand.
Chrystosm:
The Paralictor leans in close, his spittle wetting your lips as he hisses, “You’ll have to scream better than that, boy! Come on, scream for me! They can’t hear you in hell yet!”

Kast drops his spear to grab his morningstar, but his aim is thrown off by all the howling and nashing of teeth.
Wide eyed, Othoe summons power from some magical plane and let's it fly. The missile flies true, and blasts a single spider to smithereens. The rest of the swarm continue as if nothing happened, swallowing the dead spider as if it had never been.
Dorial steps over and around the piles of books and clothes at her feet, trying to avoid the webs. She uses her shield to bash at the ones on the trunk next to her, though it doesn't connect.
Nimeon nocks another arrow and let's fly, the crunching through the spiders at Simon's feet.
What spiders remain bit whatever is closest. A few from the attempted shield bash find Dorial, seeking the soft flesh on her inner arm. Chrystosm and Simon also suffer the arachnid attention, each taking bites and continuing to be trapped in their respective hells.
Dorial, Chrystosm, and Simon: Swarm damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4 Fort save (DC12) or take 1d3 ⇒ 1 wisdom damage. Make a second Fort at the same DC to avoid being nauseated.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Round 7, Init 12, Location: B11

Kast will bring the morningstar down at the swarm near Simon's feet.

1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8 to hit;
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 damage.

"Watch your feet, Simon!"


Top of the 6th With most of the spiders scattered or splattered, Kast takes one more swing at Simon's feet, but to no avail.

The swarm disperses and is no more. The webs still hang about the room, though.


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Fort save to avoid Wisdom damage 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Fort save to avoid being nauseated 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

HP -1/12

Bleeding from dozens of tiny puncture wounds, Chrystosm slumps to the floor in a heap.


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

"We have a man down here."

What was he saying earlier? Barbatos?

K. Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Approaching Chrystosm he will flick any remaining spiders away before attempting to staunch the wounds.

Heal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

I have no idea where to even start.


Fort save to avoid Wisdom damage: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Fort save to avoid being Nauseated: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

HP - 6/10

Dorial slumps to the ground, dropping her shield, as the swarm disperses. She crawls over to Chrystosm to check his wounds.

Heal check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23(-1 if wisdom save failed

"I think you're going to be ok. Just need some rest, but perhaps Simon or Kast can close some of your wounds."


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Status:
HP: 1/7
Weapon Equipped = Dagger
Conditions = -1 Wisdom (damage)
Arcane Bond = Unused
Force Missile = 6/6
Wizard Spells Remaining:
0) Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
1) Infernal Healing, Magic Missile w/ Topple

Othoe moves cautiously off the ottoman and to his fallen comrade.

Asmodeous look the other way!

He casts Infernal Healing upon poor Chrystosm.

"This will take a minute, but he'll be right and healthier by then."

Infernal healing causes fast healing 1 for 1 minute... among other things.

"I don't suppose any of you have any other forms of healing? I could use a little help myself. If anyone else is also desperately injured, I can cast Infernal Healing again, but it's risky and I don't like using it lightly. Superstition has it that Asmodeous himself can see the person being healed. I don't know if I believe it, but I do fear it..."


Pulsing with a bright angry energy, several of Chrystosm's tiny lacerations flare, then heal slowly.

linguistics 20:
Beneath the angry red flare, the lacerations knit, forming Infernal symbols for a moment that slowly fade over the course of a minute. Anyone that can also read/speak the language can make out the word, "Mine"


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

"Infernal Healing? I don't like the sound of that!"

Nimeon will scrutinize Othoe and Chrystosm.

Detect Evil on them.


Dorial wrote:

Heal check: 1d20+8(-1 if wisdom save failed

"I think you're going to be ok. Just need some rest, but perhaps Simon or Kast can close some of your wounds."

Dorial, though your certain that physically Chrystosm will pull through to some extent, his mental situation could take a long while to fix itself, if it ever does.


Nimeon wrote:

"Infernal Healing? I don't like the sound of that!"

Nimeon will scrutinize Othoe and Chrystosm.

Detect Evil on them.

Nimeon, Chrystosm definitely shows as evil for the full minute it takes what wounds are affected to close, Othoe does not seem any different than he ever was.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast breathes deep as the spides disperse.

"Spiders?! That was kind of fun, wasn't it?" Kast looks around at the rest of the group.

Oh. Maybe they didn't have fun with that.

Kast will kneel next to Chrystosm and intone a quick prayer to Irori over his body.

"I got this, Nimeon." Kast politely shooes away the halfman who was sticking his thumbs in Chrysto's eyes.

Irori, let your perfection move into this man, let him be more perfect.

Cast CLW.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Healing


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast gets up from where he was kneeling next to Chrystosm, hopeful that the man will rise with Irori's aid and turns his attention to Othoe.

"Infernal what? You one of them Asmodeans there, Othoe?"

Kast peers hard at the gnome while helping Chrystosm to his feet.

1d20 ⇒ 6 Perception Nope, still definitely a gnome.

"Everyone else okay? If so, let's find this book. And squash any spiders you see."


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

"Thank you Kast. For a soldier who wishes to be a scholar you are quite handy with healing."

Nimeon will wipe some of Chrystosm's eye gunk off on his pants before offering Kast a Lastwall fistbump.

Is that how he does it?

"Why would she let us up here if she knew she had such a vicious spider infestation?"

**************************

"Tell me Othoe, where did you learn such a foul spell?"


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast replies Nimeon's fistbump in kind.

I like this guy. I could learn from him.

"Yeah, I've picked up a bit of magic in my studies. I keep trying to be like Irori but I will never be." Kast self consciously rubs his twisted left leg.

Kast happily refocuses his attention on Othoe when Nimeon poses the question.


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Chrystosm gets up slowly. His eyes look blank and hollow. He is shaking slightly.

"Let's find the book. The book's here. If we were devils, we could find it. Devils can find anything. *He* found me. I thought he'd lost me, but he found me again"

He kneels down by one of the piles of objects and begins searching through it meticulously, muttering under his breath as he does so.


Chrystosm wrote:

Chrystosm gets up slowly. His eyes look blank and hollow. He is shaking slightly.

"Let's find the book. The book's here. If we were devils, we could find it. Devils can find anything. *He* found me. I thought he'd lost me, but he found me again"

He kneels down by one of the piles of objects and begins searching through it meticulously, muttering under his breath as he does so.

Can you please give me the coordinates you are searching.


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Fortitude save for wisdom damage: 1d20 ⇒ 17

Fortitude save for nauseated: 1d20 ⇒ 10

HP: 2/9, wisdom damage: 3, nauseated for 1 round

Simon falls to the floor retching, his strange blubbering speech escaping between heaves. After a few moments he's finished and with watery eyes he looks to the rest of his companions.

"Sorry friends, I thought...imagined...that I heard my dying mother calling for my help. Quite unsettling it was! Those little fangs were sharp, who's injured?"

Simon takes tally of his friends.

Othoe 1/7, Dorial 6/10, Kast 13/13, Chrystosm 12/12, Nimeon 11/11, Simon 2/9

"Thanks for healing Chyrstosm my friends. Othoe and Dorial, you've both been injured, let me help." Simon casts Cure Light Wounds on both of them and himself.

Cure Light Wounds, Othoe: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Cure Light Wounds, Dorial: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Cure Light Wounds, Simon: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.
GM_Verdigris wrote:
Can you please give me the coordinates you are searching.

While still waiting for Othoe's answers to the questions posed to him, Kast begins to carefully clear the webbings out of E7, E8, & E10 with his spider-ichor'd longspear.

When that is done will take 20 to examine E7-E10 for the recipe book and other interesting items.

Take 20 Perception = 20 Perception. :)


Kast Phaer wrote:
GM_Verdigris wrote:
Can you please give me the coordinates you are searching.

While still waiting for Othoe's answers to the questions posed to him, Kast begins to carefully clear the webbings out of E7, E8, & E10 with his spider-ichor'd longspear.

When that is done will take 20 to examine E7-E10 for the recipe book and other interesting items.

Take 20 Perception = 20 Perception. :)

E7-E10: There is one trunk beneath all that webbing. (I assume you take 20 clearing the webbing now, leaving the area clear) Within the trunk is a bunch of old papers, including a common recipe for willow bark tea, and another for chamomile cookies.


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

I'm searching B8


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Status:
HP: 5/7
Weapon Equipped = Dagger
Conditions = -1 Wisdom (damage)
Arcane Bond = Unused
Force Missile = 5/6
Wizard Spells Remaining:
0) Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
1) Magic Missile w/ Topple

Nimeon wrote:
"Tell me Othoe, where did you learn such a foul spell?"

"I'm not proud of it, but I picked it up in my travels in Cheliax and while unpleasant, it has saved my life on more than one occasion. Simon, thank you for the healing. I much prefer the blessings of the gods in such circumstances!"

Othoe thinks for a moment...

"I suppose if any of you are opposed to being healed in this manner, just let me know and I shall never cast it upon you. I do not wish to offend in any way."

Othoe grins supportively.

Othoe continues to search around the ottoman which so recently saved his life, and then proceeds deeper into the attic in his hunt for the book. He'll also take a moment to clean the end of Kast's spear with Prestidigitation before continuing on.


Chrystosm wrote:
I'm searching B8

In B7-8, there is one large trunk. This trunk, large enough to store bodies in, holds 2 round spheres settled in a nest of webbing material. Tumbled on its side, more of its contents are spilled beside it, including another round sphere, though this is one is broken open.


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Simon sets about searching the piles of old books and the trunks that just happen to be located conveniently next to the stairs, then slowly works his way forward.

take 20 to search through D13 and E13-15, then work his was forward to row 7.


Othoe wrote:

Othoe continues to search around the ottoman which so recently saved his life, and then proceeds deeper into the attic in his hunt for the book. He'll also take a moment to clean the end of Kast's spear with Prestidigitation before continuing on.

You find one ottoman, made of an odd, orange colored wood you may not have seen before (Knowl: Geo/Natur 20, +4 if you've traveled to the Southern Continent). It is marred and scuffed, obviously old furniture that has been relegated to the attic. The webbing prior to being cleaned off, shines and reflects and refracts the light.

(edited, sorry. it should be Knowledge check of 20, not 15)


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast nods and stares directly at Othoe.

"I will ponder this, Othoe. That god...he is not so different in Pantheon from Irori, but his gifts always come with a price. Until I say otherwise, I would rather die than have his influence upon me."

Kast gives Othoe another glance before going back to his searching.

"Bah! A recipe for Chamomile cookies. And one for tea. Maybe another box will have what we seek." Kast holds up the papers before returning them to the trunk.

* * *

When he finishes with his first search, Kast will then proceed to go to the back and clean A1-E1 & B2 of spider webs (taking 20 to be careful).

He will then take 20 again to search the way back of the attic.


Simon Shrewsbury wrote:

Simon sets about searching the piles of old books and the trunks that just happen to be located conveniently next to the stairs, then slowly works his way forward.

take 20 to search through D13 and E13-15, then work his was forward to row 7.

D13 –E13 Near the stairwell is a scattered pile of books, though upon inspection, most have had pages torn out and/or chewed on. (D13 and E13) A book in the middle stands out, its cover an opalescent hue that shimmers like the webbing. It's edges seem painted with some sort of matte black substance, and its pages seem complete. The title, Weaving the Light Fantastic: Proper Spinning and Weaving of Exotic Materials is embossed upon the front of the same matte black substance.


E14-15 These two trunks hold clothing of various sizes. Most of it is children's clothes, all of it is old, some has holes.


Kast, in B3-B4, you find a locked trunk.


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

"Careful there Othoe, I read a history book about 'The Attack of the Ottoman Empire', that thing looks threatening to me." The ever paranoid Simon eyes the ottoman with suspicion.

Simon sets the strange book at the top of the stairs, saving it to carry down to Laurel when their investigation is finished.


Simon Shrewsbury wrote:

Simon sets about searching the piles of old books and the trunks that just happen to be located conveniently next to the stairs, then slowly works his way forward.

take 20 to search through D13 and E13-15, then work his was forward to row 7.

The boxes and bags in E11-E12 hold a family genealogy chart of some kind and a child's toy dolls.


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Simon takes a few minutes to understand the genealogy chart, drawing upon his knowledge of people in this small town to see if there are any family connections he was previously unaware existed.

"This is interesting, can I get some light this way please." Simon angles the chart to catch the light being provided in the attic.


As part of someone's Take 20

C11 – this box holds many alchemical tools, though most look aged beyond use, some could still be functional.

C7 – beneath a blanket of common quality is a spinning wheel.

D2-D3 these rugs are a good quality, though they are old.

D5-E5 and D6 Barrels These barrels contain dried herbs and flowers used for medicinal poultices.

In A15, there is also some doodad (prof sailor? knowl geo/eng/dun? 12) though it appears to be broken.

251 to 300 of 4,787 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / "In Search of Heroes" gameplay thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.