Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

In Search of Heroes (Inactive)

Game Master verdigris

Play-by-Post game set in Darkmoon Vale, using the Pathfinder ruleset.


1,501 to 1,550 of 4,787 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>

Chrystosm wrote:

"Stealthy? I can be ste - Oh, he's gone"

A little too late, Chrystosm shrugs and sits back down. Realising he's been neglecting his "literary" career lately, he takes out quill and parchment. Inspiration strikes!

I know! I can write one of those herbals people keep talking about! There's a fancy word for it, though - what is it? Pharmacrappier? Firmergoo? Er..

"Actually, Chrystosm, What say you to a little more dangerous mission? Several other people perch on the edge of Pharasma's spiral. Could you deliver such as these to people quietly, so as not to arouse Kreed's suspicions? Jurin *is* ill, but not nearly as bad as so many others.

What say you?" Laurel eyes the man hopefully, but it truly is a dangerous thing she asks, and wouldn't hold it against him (too much) should he decline.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast tries to remember if the table was like that when he left last time, but mostly unworried as no other fool would be likely to enter the quarantined establishment.

Continuing up the stairs, Kast will cast light on his shield as he enters the room, this time actively looking for whatever might be therein.

If the coast is clear, Kast will knock on the panel and whisper to Fleur, hoping that the girl still lives.


The coast is clear. In fact, the coast is too clear. Eli is nowhere to be seen. A splash of blood mars the bed, and the carefully laid pillows on the bed have been tossed with the blankets off to one side.

The panel to the secret room, though, appears undisturbed.

Kast's knocks, once...twice... but receives no answer from the other side.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast will open the panel.


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Othoe watches Kast leave.

He wouldn't go for drinks, not now. No, he's got the antidote and he's delivering it.

Othoe wonders how much of the stuff is going to be made. Will it be enough for all, or will some still suffer and die. Who gets to make that decision? Yes, Kreed is evil, but surely his son deserves to live as much as the others.

"I don't want to make this decision."

Othoe attempts to gain access to the house. Do the guards stop him again?


"Stop it right there, dustmop. Where do you think you're goin'? We can't have you fallin' in the pot, now can we?" Rufus grumbles, tripping over himself to get back in front of the door before the "gnome". Shorter, but trickier, Othoe is able to duck inside before the two men can stop him.


The panel moves easily enough, and without it, Kast can catch the very faint breathing of the girl inside. Even unconscious, she barely breathes, as if she's learned not to try for too much, even in her sleep. Too pale, too thin, and too warm, she doesn't respond to what little light removing the panel lets in.

Fleur is alive, though just barely so, and without Eli to wake her and make her drink, she may not have lasted the night.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast sighs of deep relief when he sees that Fleur still breathes, his brow furrowed in concern at Eli's absence.

One thing at a time, Kast.

"Nimeon!"  Kast calls down the stairs before returning to gently move Fleur back to the bed.

"C'mon Fleur...don't give up on me now, I got you.  It's time for your medicine."

Kast will gently administer the medicine to Fleur once she's situated on the bed.

Once he is done with that, the will cast Create Water on a local pitcher or cup and begin to hydrate the girl.

* * *

@Nimeon if and when he responds.

"Nimeon, Eli is gone.  I don't know how or where...but there is also blood on this bed.  It's doesn't appear to the Fleur's." 

Kast's brow burns with anger even as he tries to gingerly sip water into Fleur.

"I'm going to stay for a while tending to the her.  I know it's late, but we might want to find out what's happened around town.  Do you think...uh...do you think your mom or dad might have an idea what's happened over the last few days?  Where is everyone?  What's going on?"


Fleur sips the medicine in tiny tiny bits, taking only a thimbleful at a time. Still, eventually she is able to down the entire dose, and by that time (some long moments later) she appears to have more color to her cheeks. Clinging to Kast's hand, she eventually slips back into sleep, this one more restful than she's had in many long days.

Yay! Fleur isn't phlegm-y anymore.


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

Nimeon rushes up at the sound of Kast's voice, confident the man would've cried out if it were a trap.

"My mother or father? No, they will be of no help. Perhaps Simon's family would be a better course. As for this place, I assume Kreed but will confirm."

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 +2 vs. Humans


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

"Laurel - tell me straight. Is there enough of this mixture for the village or will the plague continue?"

Othoe stands defiant, short, but defiant, in the doorway.


Laurel turns from her instructions to the others to look at Othoe as he fills the doorway (metaphorically speaking, anyway),"I... I think there is, Othoe. It will depend on the strength of things and how people respond, but I have every hope that this will be the end of the plague. " Fatigue carves faint lines into her forehead and cheeks as she considers the any other possibility than a good one.

"Keeping it away, of course, will require finding out what made it so virulent this year."


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

"Maybe we should get a dose to Jurin even as we deliver doses to the others that need it more. Kreed will pay less attention to what we are doing if he thinks we have addressed him first. I'll take the dose, the man knows me and it's best to not leave us all exposed to his unkind nature." Simon takes Llwynally from his shoulder and places her on the counter. "Stay here, little Llwynally, Laurel will take good care of you while I'm gone, I hope to be back soon."


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))
GM_Verdigris wrote:
"Keeping it away, of course, will require finding out what made it so virulent this year."

"Yes, yes. The cause is important to find. However, let's get Kreed off your back. Give me the dose for his son. Quickly. I'll see to it he gets it - likely by joining the thugs outside to his bed. Or they can carry it, either way let's get Kreed out of our hair - shall we?"

Othoe waits for a vial for Kreed's son.


Dorial nods at Othoe's suggestion.

"If you like, I think I can distract Rufus long enough for y'all to take vials out. Who knows, I may have a little fun with him too."

She looks up and to the north, almost as if she could see through the roof. "Perhaps if we followed the trail back to the source, we could learn something."


Laurel looks from one to the other brave, if suspiciously crazy, men in front of her, then nods slowly.

"You both have a point. Why don't you go together. Take Fritz with you, and leave Rufus to guard my door, "in case the one dose isn't enough, I am making more and mustn't be disturbed"... If Othoe goes with Rufus...well, Othoe, just don't go with Rufus. But Fritz and Simon and Othoe, to Kreed's. Chrystosm and Dorial, you'll still have to be sneaky, just in case. Even if not for Kreed, if people know the curative is made, they could overwhelm the supply, and start a riot."

Handing the first bottle to Othoe and Simon, she begins fixing several to send with the other two.


ninjae'd by the wind

"Really? You'd do that? Thank you, Dorial!" The normally reserved woman hugs the other tightly, before sending her out to distract Rufus.

"I'm afraid that means you're on your own, Chrystosm. Unless you want to wait until I'm done with everything." Chewing her lip, she considers the prospect, and doesn't like the results.


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

"Simon, you're right - you know Kreed better than I, you should absolutely come along. Dorial, great idea, that will help Laurels plan work to perfection."

Othoe makes sure Simon gets the right vial and heads outside.

"Fritz, won't you join us? We're going to take a dose of the medicine to Kreed for his son Jurin. Rufus, I think Dorial wanted to see you a moment, if you have the time that is. I'm sure Simon here and Fritz can guard the medicine all the way to Kreeds without you. We'll say you stayed behind to guard Laural while she made more of the medicine."

Assuming it all goes according to plan, Othoe trundles off with the others toward the camp.


Turning back to Othoe, "Do you think you could clean me up and perhaps add some fragrance? I've noticed your handy work on... *cough*... Simon's pants."

She smiles widely/wickedly at the little "gnome".


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

"You want to smell like Simon? Oh... OH, I see. OK. Sure"

Othoe casts Prestidigitation on Dorial giving her a little light fragrance and cleaning the road grime off her.

"Good luck!"


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

"Come on, Fritz, join us, Kreed would want the dose for Jurin to be protected." Simon doesn't wait for the man to decide, instead he proceeds towards Kreed's along with Othoe.


Shocked that Rufus doesn't object, Fritz half heartedly agrees to go, "Uncle Rufus, don't you want to... uh Oh! The girl! No, I got it, Uncle Rufus, I can do it. Sure, I'll go."

Rufus swings at the young man's head, then mouths some quiet threat before the three take off for Kreed's. "Don'tcha screw this up, boy!"

Fritz follows Simon's lead to Kreeds house, watching the older man as they travel through town. Finally, he bends to Othoe when he thinks Simon might not hear and whispers, "What happened? Did the witch get him?"


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))
Fritz wrote:
"What happened? Did the witch get him?"

Othoe whispers back, sure that Simon can hear them both, "He was a little touched there for a while, but he's his own man and came through it. A stronger man than Simon you'll be hard pressed to find."

He does seem better though. Maybe all he lacked was a bit of confidence. Or maybe Laural slipped him something.


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Simon turns back to the two whispering behind him, "She didn't get me, I welcomed her, and we are always listening." An unsettling, very un-Simon-like grin spreads across his face, punctuated by a soft cackle that rises from deep in his chest.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Simon, Othoe, Dorial, GM Angry Ankheg: well played, the lot of you. Been a fun read. You guys rock.

Kast wakes Fleur to administer another helping of water, still concerned about her dehydration.

I wonder what the others are doing now. Probably something heroic without me.

Kast looks again at Fleur and stays in his chair near the bed.

Scholars heal.


On the way to Kreed's

Simon Shrewsbury wrote:
Simon turns back to the two whispering behind him, "She didn't get me, I welcomed her, and we are always listening." An unsettling, very un-Simon-like grin spreads across his face, punctuated by a soft cackle that rises from deep in his chest.

The kid, for though he's surely as tall as Simon, he's barely half his age, swallows hard at that grin. He steps faster, looking over his shoulder several times, and if Othoe is keeping up, it only his experience in the woods that has made him capable of doing so, and even then is out of breath upon reaching Kreed's door. Fritz explains quickly, but is only half through when Kreed is at the door.

"Simon?! My boy, you've got to help him. Laurel has been useless, but she said, oh hells, You got it, don't ya..." catching himself, the man pulls himself up, runs a hand full of fat stubby fingers through his unkempt curly hair and starts again.

"Give me the medicine, Simon. I'll do what needs doin'. No, on second thought, Why don't ya'all come on in. Yer not infected, are ya?"

sense motive=10:
Thaldrin Kreed is terrified, most likely of the disease, but oddly, it seems more around his son than his own personal protection. The man looks like he's aged years instead of days.

**************************************************

At The Sitting Duck

"Kast? her voice already stronger after only a few hours, Fleur tries to pull herself up in the bed.

"Where's Eli? Is he sleeping? I told him I would be...ok... that you would...come." Still thready, but so much stronger than before, she still looks closer to the grave than the dance floor.

She stops, her eyes close. Perhaps asleep again? Just when it might seem so, her voice threads out once more,softer, but fuller.

"Thank you. thank you. thank y...."

***************************************************

At Laurel's place

"Chrystosm, I need you to sneak into The Rouge Lady." Laurel blushes a little just saying the name. Most people in town pretend that the place doesn't exist, at least in daylight.

"If anyone sees you have the medicine, and that you're taking it *there*, they're likely to try to stop you. There's been some talk about rationing, though I've tried to stress that there would be enough for everyone... but some folk think that *who* you are, or what you do for your daily food should decide." At this, her spine straightens, and her brow furrows. She at least, does not.

"I have five doses. Give it to the five most ill and if you need more, then come back, but it's important they get it soon. I..." Her head snaps up at an oddly combined laugh from the front porch, Dorial's higher tones, and Rufus' baritone. "And don't get distracted.


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3
GM_Verdigris wrote:
"Chrystosm, I need you to sneak into The Rouge Lady."

Chrystosm sits up straight, grinning from ear to ear. "What? Really? Ha! That's more like it!" He begins to try to clean himself up, not very effectively, then stands up, striking a heroic pose.

"Don't worry - you can count on me!" He takes the phials in his right hand and salutes, forgetting that he's holding the medicine as he does so:

"Ow!"

Then leaves, as quickly and quietly as he can.

Stealth 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

Anything for my tracking attempts?


Sorry, Nimeon, I completely missed that. On my way to commute, will give results from work


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Sense Motive 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19 vs DC 10

Oh how the mighty have fallen. Othoe grins inwardly at his pain, pleased to see evil get what's coming to him.

"We are free of the plague, yes we'll come in."

Othoe stands out of the way and lets Simon do his thing.


Nimeon, it appears that someone, Eli, perhaps? was taken out through the back. They were bleeding at the time, by as many as three medium humanoids, all wearing boots. Several dark curly stands of hair are found snagged in the door frame that leads out to the pig area, which is now pigless. The tracks get heavier in the muck, but disappear as wagon wheel tracks appear. Those lead down to the town square but then disappear amongst the other tracks of daily life.

survival 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

"Kast! See here? 3 people loaded Eli into a wagon. Stole the pigs too."

Probably Kreed's men.

"We need to get the others then confront Kreed if we want Eli back."


After a few minutes of "distraction" time spent with Rufus, Dorial returns to Laural's house. "If you're a good boy, Rufus, I'll set aside a whole afternoon for you once this plague has been cured." She winks at him as she parts ways.

********************************

At Laural's, Dorial returns to find it empty, sans Laural herself. Glancing around the house, "It appears everyone is off cleansing the plague to the best of their abilities. Is there anything else I can help with here?"


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast nods wearily to Nimeon.

"Aye, Nimeon.  We will.  But it will have to happen on the morrow.  Tonight, I keep this one alive as I promised.  Tomorrow, we stamp out the rest of the plague...then we deal with Kreed.  If he has hurt Eli, he will have much to answer for," Kast says as he strokes Fleur hair in an effort to stir the girl into drinking more water.

"I shall stay the night here and come back to Laurel's in the morning, after morning solitude."  Kast looks at his weapons and then to Nimeon.  "We might fare better against Kreed with better weaponry.   And my mind keeps going back to your talk of the bardiche.  A warrior's weapon.  A soldier's weapon.  I wonder if I'll have time on the morrow to see if I can get my hands on one...you know, to try out."

Kast slinks back in his chair, lost in his thoughts.

How many soldiers play nursemaid to the sick?

*sigh*

"We'll know more on the morrow.  Maybe the daylight will help us see things more clearly."


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Terrified I see, clearly he recognizes the new power I gained from Ilizimula!

"We're fine, Thaldrin, better than fine actually, it's amazing what one can find in an old witch's cottage." Simon grins at Kreed as he strides into the home.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 (clearly Kreed remembers Simon always wetting his pants and snorts at his bravado)

"And lucky for Jurin that risk we took may just save his life." Simon tends to the sick boy, making sure that he drinks every last drop of the elixir. While the boy breathes easier, Simon stays with him, watching to be sure the curative does it's work. In the moments provided, he turns his attention to Kreed.

"Look, Thaldrin, things are amiss for Falcon's Hollow. It does not matter where the troubles started, we need to work together now, and I think it's clear that we are in this together to the end." Simon turns a meaningful glance to the recovering boy. "We need to know anything you can tell us of where this outbreak started. You've known me since I was a lad, you knew my parents, trust me and my friends to make things right around here. A healthy town is our goal and that's something we both can agree matters the most." Again, another look to the recovering boy for emphasis. "Be assured of our discretion on anything you can share, we'll keep it confidential. You're the main man in this town and little happens that you don't know about, help us to help Falcon's Hollow!" Simon makes his passioned plea to Kreed, trying to draw every bit of goodwill and humanity from the man that he's ever possessed, and then a drop more.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

wonkyness on the rolls, I guess you can't add a dice roll between already previewed rolls, it was originally back to back fumbles on the sense motive and diplomacy


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Good, butter up the petty dictator before we can take him down so he stays out of our way. Excellent.

"Simon is absolutely right. We need your help to keep things moving in the right direction. You are after all the true leader of Falcon's Hollow. Will you help us?"

Diplomacy check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Dorial wrote:

After a few minutes of "distraction" time spent with Rufus, Dorial returns to Laural's house. "If you're a good boy, Rufus, I'll set aside a whole afternoon for you once this plague has been cured." She winks at him as she parts ways.

********************************

At Laural's, Dorial returns to find it empty, sans Laural herself. Glancing around the house, "It appears everyone is off cleansing the plague to the best of their abilities. Is there anything else I can help with here?"

Smiling cautiously, Laural waits until Dorial closes the door, then answers in a harsh, low voice, "Thank you for that, Dorial, but be careful with that one! He's not as nice as... err, well, he's not all that nice."

Obviously agitated, she assures the young woman that there is plenty to do inside, and asks her to stir the pot while she steps away for a moment. When she returns, she is much calmer and sets herself to the task at hand.

"Now,I've collected all the bottles from the basement that I could find. Prior to the guards, several townsfolk also delivered containers in hopes of getting a curative the sooner for it. But it must go into the containers boiling hot and not every container can survive those temperatures. Can you go through the containers and pull out any that may be cracked, or have other faults or blemishes? If we put the drink into a faulty beaker, it is likely to break and that dose will be lost."

Over 50 vials, beakers, jars, and bottles lay arrayed on the table behind her. She let's Dorial look over them while she returns to brewing the complicated concoction.

Dorial, can you make a survival check, please.

******************************************************

Oooh! Simon, good post!

Kreed shows you down the hall, passed several guards, and into what one can only hope is his room rather than his sons. The large bed has room for five or six of the boy, but he lies on one side. One frail looking human woman sits at the side of the bed, bathing the boy’s head, and holding a spittoon for him. At first sight of Kreed, she cringes away, though it appears unnecessary as the man pays her no attention but goes straight to his son.
”Shhh, it’s ok, these people are gonna help you.”
Jurin, his dark curly hair plastered to his head, sits up in the bed, peering eagerly at the group. The resemblance to his father is clear, but the boy lacks his father’s hard edges and, until recently, ever present sardonic leer. These are replaced with chubby red cheeks and a welcoming smile, which fades quickly at the mention of Ilzimula’s name. He fights Simon in taking the curative, swearing that he “feels fine”. Though he is nowhere near the sickest person in town, he does seem ill, and is eventually convinced to take the medicine. In mere moments, his breathing clears; the boy will be fine.

Thaldrin listens to Simon, nodding and watching his son. Finally, he motions for them all to leave Jurin and his nurse to rest, and pulls them in to another room.

”Well now, I hear what y’all are sayin’ and I’m right there with you, in spirit. This thing has been the devil of a scare. Jurin he’s been sick with it 3 times. I finally had to keep him away from his friends an folk, but it didn’t do no good. This time, it didn’t get better. You folks look into what’s causin’ it, and this time, I’ll be sure te give ya more than birch spit. Can’t have a workin’ town with half the folks in the grave, no ya can’t. “

”Might want to talk to young Yerstyl, that lives behind the paper mill. Both his mama and his papa done died from this s$#$. I thought it’d get him too, but he went a little crazy. He thinks he’s on to something, but he was scarin’ folks so I had to lock him in for awhile. But start there. Maybe he knows something.”

The man laughs, his blonde curls bouncing every which way, then punches Simon in the arm. ”But you tell anyone, and so help me, there's nothin’ the witch gave you will save your ass. You hear me, boy?“
Those catapillars he calls brows knot together, and he is once again the Thaldrin Kreed from dinner a few days ago. ”Now, you send your reports through your little house man here, that’d probably be best, Simon. We don’t want no accidents round here, now do we?”

The punch to the arm was more a buddy tap, though it was more than hard enough to bruise. Unless you want to duck it and head into initiative, we'll go with this, ya?


And down the street, by the river

knowledge local=10:
The Rouge Lady:The silk-veiled parlors in the back of this burlesque and gambling hall doubles as an illegal brothel. Kabran Bloodeye owns this illicit pleasure den, and playing pimp to ten women that he calls his “sisters”.

Normally, the din from the front portion of this 2 story building is enough to cover up any noises from the back, but as Chrystosm approaches, the only sound is a haggard cough. Laughter, music, song, all seem to have banished from The Rouge Lady for now.

Chrysto, does he approach via the front door or go around to the back?


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Knowledge (local) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10 Chrystosm is used to this sort of establishment.

Surprised at the lack of commotion and realising that a subtle approach is what's needed, Chrystosm sidles around to the rear of the building, throwing a handful of gravel against a window in an attempt to attract the attention of the ladies within.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast tends to Fleur throughout the night, on occasion waking up to feed the girl more water, but mostly sleeping the chair next to her or on the floor near her bed.

In the morning, Kast will rise with the sun and, as usual, spends a few moments stretching and rubbing his left leg, trying to regain some semblance of motion or movement from the tender and aching flesh.   After accepting his burden, Kast will spend some time to mediate to Irori and focus on the god's example of perfection, seeking to achieve it himself in every act and with every thought.

Kast will check again on Fleur, hoping that she is strong enough to tend for herself so that he might take care of other pressing matters.

Kast will briefly check the kitchen and pantry for some food to eat (leaving a few coins hidden in Fleur's room to pay for them) before returning to Laurel's.


"Don't worry Miss Laurel, I think I can handle a brute like him." She winks at Laurel.

She turns to the table with all of the containers on it, her eyes going wide. "This is a lot of containers! Well, I'm glad that the town tried to help out in their on little way. Perhaps they're all not as lost as I suspected." She pushes a few bottles out of the way and inspects one that is obviously broken. "It'll take me a little while to go through all of these, but I'm more than glad to help you out. Perhaps you can teach me a few things about your potions when this plague is cured?"

She carries on her conversation with Laurel as she starts sorting through the vials, bottles and jars. All of the good ones make their way to a safe area on one of the tables behind her.

Survival: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Othoe watches the rough-housing and keeps his thoughts to himself. He walks back to town with Simon and looks for a comfortable spot near the wall to hunker down for the night. He beds down early and sleeps heavily rising early the next day.

He takes an hour to prepare his spells then takes a break for breakfast (using his newly acquired spark cantrip to light the fire). He then heads into town and looks for the party at Laurels.


Chrystosm:

It is several long moments before a young woman leans out the window, "Hey there, sailor. *sniff* Sorry to break it to you, but *AHGHK-CHOOO!!!* but we're *sniff* closed. Everyone is sick, or working at the lumber camp." She rests her head on the window frame for a moment, closing her eyes as she fights for breath.


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Simon notices Othoe looking for a sleeping spot on their way back from Kreed's place. "Othoe, what are doing? My home is always open to you, greenhouse included, you don't have to sleep outdoors and with the weirdness in town right now I don't think it would be too safe either. Find yourself a spot in my home, use whatever blankets and pillows you take a fancy too, we'll be along soon." Simon makes his way backs to Laurels to share the news about their conversation with Thaldrin.
Sheesh, they think I'm crazy, who sleeps against the city wall in a shuttered town with nefarious undercurrents?


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

"Uh, er, thanks Simon. Will do."

So I guess I owe him a favor now. Gotta keep that in mind when he loses his.


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

quote=GM Ankheg]It is several long moments before a young woman leans out the window, "Hey there, sailor. *sniff* Sorry to break it to you, but *AHGHK-CHOOO!!!* but we're *sniff* closed. Everyone is sick, or working at the lumber camp." She rests her head on the window frame for a moment, closing her eyes as she fights for breath.

"It's OK - I've not come for a bit of company"[b]

This time

Chrystosm holds up the phials of Auntie Laurel's Remedy

[b]"Mistress Laurel's sent me with some medicine. Can I come in?"


Chrystosm wrote:
GM Ankheg wrote:
It is several long moments before a young woman leans out the window, "Hey there, sailor. *sniff* Sorry to break it to you, but *AHGHK-CHOOO!!!* but we're *sniff* closed. Everyone is sick, or working at the lumber camp." She rests her head on the window frame for a moment, closing her eyes as she fights for breath.

"It's OK - I've not come for a bit of company"

This time

Chrystosm holds up the phials of Auntie Laurel's Remedy

"Mistress Laurel's sent me with some medicine. Can I come in?"

"What? Yes, of course. Come in, come in."

Somewhat relieved, she flashes a very real, very grateful, smile, and disappears from the window. It takes several long moments before the back door of the house, by a young boy. His curly red locks could use a wash, and hang limply in his eyes as he looks up at the man at the back door suspiciously.

"You sure you have Miss Laurel's medicines? Cuz no one here can help you with anything else, understand? Nothin' else!" No more than 9 or 10, he still tries to look intimidating, holding a small whittling blade in his right hand for protection.


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

"Don't worry, old chap - I'm here on an Errand of Mercy, and that's it."

He eyes the whittling blade.

"Don't hold it like that - bend your arm, point the blade forward and keep your left arm held across your body. Wrap something around it, otherwise you'll be cut to ribbons in an instant. You want a bit of training, I'll be happy to help, but first I need to deliver these."

He shows the young lad the medicines, considers ruffling his hair (but thinks better of it) and walks in.


The boy's eyes grow wide, and he nods at each point, trying to make the corrections that Chrystosm suggests. "like this? oh, no, like this!"

He leads his new found friend upstairs, but stops short at the first door, "You would? Really? Oh, but we have to help Ralla first!" and his already ruddy skin blushes a deep crimson as he realizes he must let he man into the room before he can help.

"It isn't right you should be inside without an introduction. I'm Hollin. What's your name so I can introduce you proper-like?"


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

"Chrystosm", he says, before realising that his name isn't terribly easy to pronounce for the average backcountry Andoren. "Just Chrys is fine, Hollin."

1,501 to 1,550 of 4,787 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / "In Search of Heroes" gameplay thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.