Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


In Search of Heroes (Inactive)

Game Master verdigris

Play-by-Post game set in Darkmoon Vale, using the Pathfinder ruleset.


1,451 to 1,500 of 4,787 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>

Chrystosm is able to make his way up the tree. The first 25 feet with no problem, but the next 10 feet is not nearly as easy going. At one point, Chrystosm swings out, almost seeming to dance in thin air, but his grip on one of the thin limbs holds and he able to find is footing once more.

The nest stretches over the very top of the sturdy portion of the tree. the tips of several limbs poke up through the leafy canopy beyond that, but would not support the weight of anything larger than a hawk, though no hawk would be foolish enough to land so close to the Tatzlwyrm's lair.

Within the nest lay the remains of three bodies, hunters that went missing from Falcon's Hollow a few months back. Their remains include: two crossbows, two short swords, a suit of hide armor, a masterwork shortbow, and a signet ring in the image of a flaming hawk.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast is sketching the tooth to scale in his journal when bits of armor and swords begin to fall to the ground around him.

Closing his book and restoring his ink and quill, Kast rises to begin to collect the gear.

Looking up at Chrystosm, Kast yells.  "That all, Chrystosm?  Any vorpal blades up there?  How about blades of fire?"

Heroes always have vorpal blades.  Or blades of fire.

Kast looks at the array of goods.  "Still not bad at all.  Let's get this sorted and get back to town, we have lives to save."

* * *

After the stuff is identified and packed, Kast will get people moving back to town.

Fleur!! We're coming!  Hold on!!


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Othoe will cast Detect Magic on the items as they are dropped to the ground.

If any are magical, he'll attempt to identify their nature...

Spellcraft 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

...but he remains unsure.


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

After the gathering of the loot Nimeon prepares to take on the guide role again, leading the group back to town as efficiently and safely as possible.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

And on the left you have...maybe it was on the right? Wait a minute, there's no salad bar here!


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

"What?!", bellows Chrystosm from the top of the tree.

"Awful plates? Braids of fur? Here!"

After throwing down his finds with no regard for proper Health and Safety procedure whatsoever, Chrystosm will return to town with the rest, looking forward to a beer and a pie when he gets back


Though Othoe looks and looks, none of the items appear to be magical. Aside from the very nice (MW) shortbow and the signet ring, everything else seems of average quality.

*********************************************

Nimeon tries to lead the others back towards town, but ends up circled back to the lake the first time. The good news is that none of the traps appear to have been reset. The bad news? Its added an extra 4 hours or more to the trip.

A tired and bedraggled group passes the cemetery on the way back into town. The Sitting Duck sits silent, a sign tacked to its door.

QUARANTINE


"That's some nice gear there. Too bad for the fellows that it came from."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------

Once the party has decided on who is carrying what, Dorial helps Nimeon guide the group back to civilization, often correcting him on his direction. Sighing when they reach the lake.. again.. Dorial takes over as guide and returns them to town safely.

Survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

..........

Arriving at The Sitting Duck, "This isn't good. We should hurry to Miss Laurel's to help create some tonics."


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast walks a little bit faster as he begins to recognize the familiar surroundings of being close to town.   Eventually, he tries to scamper forward to leave the party in his anxiousness to check on Fleur, however, his left leg goes not give him enough purchase except in short bursts and is no closer to the town when the others see the sign in front of The Sitting Duck.

Kast stands outside for a moment before ignoring the sign and clambering in.

"Take the herbs to make the medicine.  I need to check on Fleur!  Pray we are not too late," Kast says as his longspear thumps up the steps to the door.

Kast, ignoring the sign, opens the door and goes in, calling out to the innkeep softly as he makes his way to Fleur's room.

If he is not accosted before making his way to Fleur's room, he will knock twice before entering.

Please, Irori, do not let me be too late.


Inside The Sitting Duck, all is quiet. No lights have been lit in the common room, and Kast's voice seems uncommonly loud for such a quiet space.

At first, no one comes when he calls, not Brahm, not Eli. The place seems deserted. His boots thud across the wooden planks of the floor, then up the stairs, and at long last, there is an answering rattle of a cough, and then a thump and crash and soft high pitched whine.

The scene inside the girl's small room is a tumble of chaos. A pitcher, now broken, litters the floor along with its previous contents.

An overgrown teen boy, or an undergrown orc bristles before the bed, an old longsword in his hands, "I won't let you take her, I won't! Y-y-you just tell Kreed I don't care who he sends!" He waves the blade, in what he must think is a menacing manner, though Kast can tell the boy has no idea what to do with the thing.

The bed, though plumped with something, is Fleur-free.


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

"Friends, we need to see Laurel as soon as possible, let us make haste!" Simon lingers nervously outside the Sitting Duck while Kast checks on Fleur.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kreed? I think he means *Kreen*.

Kast smiles in sad amusement.

"No, I don't work for Kreen. We just got back from harvesting ingredients for the cure to this dang plague. I just came up to find out if she still lives and to give her hope. Now, if you know where she is either tell me so I can get the medicine to her or you go tell her. Tell her Kast came back. I told her to hold on for me. Be quick about it to! I don't want her death on your hands."

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Diplomacy


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Othoe rushes with Simon to Laurels. He moves as fast as his stubby little legs will carry him...

He concerns himself with one, while we can save many. I guess she is the face of this evil for him. Poor man.


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Chrystosm follows the others to Laurel's


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

Nimeon remains outside, watching the town and looking for other obvious signs of change.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


The crowds outside of Laurel's have dispersed, though the sign remains on her door. Two "guards" stand outside the front and stop the group at the front door.

"Miss Laurel's busy and has no time for the likes of you! Go on, off with you!"

Nimeon and anyone else >15 on a perception for the same:
The town seems... more somber, if anything. Few people are out on the roads.


Kast Phaer wrote:

Kreed? I think he means *Kreen*.

Kast smiles in sad amusement.

"No, I don't work for Kreen. We just got back from harvesting ingredients for the cure to this dang plague. I just came up to find out if she still lives and to give her hope. Now, if you know where she is either tell me so I can get the medicine to her or you go tell her. Tell her Kast came back. I told her to hold on for me. Be quick about it to! I don't want her death on your hands."

1d20+3 Diplomacy

The half orc falters, his curly hair bobbing a little as if each curl has a different opinion on whether to trust Kast or not.

Finally, from behind the boy, a small voice comes from the wall, "Ka....st? I knew.." overwhelmed by speaking, she breaks off, a rough hacking cough welling up, then fading off,as if even that is too much.

Eli turns at the sound, and nearly falls over himself to remove the false panel to a small room behind this one.

"shhhh, Fleur... you're supposed ta be quiet, 'member? Just quiet, so they won't take you. Brahm even gave you the feather to let loose if they take me, 'member? 'member?Fleur?"


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Othoe looks around as they enter the city.
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Looks like things have gotten significantly worse since our departure. Poor people.

GM_Verdigris wrote:
"Miss Laurel's busy and has no time for the likes of you! Go on, off with you!"

"Sir, please, Miss Laurel sent us into the countryside to gather materials for her healing draughts. We are now returned with those materials and would see that Miss Laurel gets them quickly. Would it not be OK for one of us to pass? Me perhaps? I'll do no harm surely."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Dorial nods as Othoe speaks, "Yes, she should be expecting us."

Curious as to why Laural now has guards, Dorial studies them.

Sense Motive:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

"Your party seems to lack a mage." "Aye, you seem trustworthy. Please join us."


Dorial:
Obviously, these gentlemen are here to make sure the crowds do her now harm while she waits for you. They're definitely not here to make sure any wealthy individual gets first crack at whatever remedy can be had, they're much too trustworthy for that.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast releases a breath of relief when Fleur emerges unhurt.

Praise Irori.

"Oh, okay.   Oh, good."  Kast smiles.  "Listen here you two," Kast says as he moves to help replace the false panel.  "Fleur, you stay in there until I come back.  We'll have a healing drought in no time.  You just hang on a while longer.  But I want both of you to stay safe.   Fleur, stay hidden.  And you, boy, don't hurt anyone with that sword, especially not yourself.  Just stay calm."

Kast can't help but smile as he helps replace the panel.

Soldiers save.

"I'll be back.  Or send someone with the curative.  Stay quiet!"  Kast leaves the room and the Inn, making sure the sign is intact as he does and heads to Laurel's.


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

Seeing Kast exit The Squeaky Duck Nimeon motions towards Kast.

"Kast, let us make haste towards Laurels. There is something going on and I don't like the look of it."

Assuming Kast agrees Nimeon will pace him towards Laurels and move to the back of the group, keeping a clear shot at the guards while scanning them for ill intent.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Detect Evil

Not sure what's going on here. I wish Kast had a polearm, he could disarm them while the others occupy them. A bill-guisarme perhaps?


One of the guards sneers at Othoe’s suggestion, his gaze traveling from foot to wig and back again, ”You’re so little, how much help could you really be?”

The other guard shifts uncomfortably, ”Do you really have stuff to help Laurel? How much, I mean, can you help everyone or only *oohfh!*…” He cuts off as the first guard elbows him hard in the ribs.

”what he means is, Give us the stuff, and we’ll take it to her.” The first guard gives Dorial the same persual, then grins and winks. ”We’ll even let you come with…but the rest of you, you need to stay put!”

Kast and Nimeon, it takes a bit of time for you to catch up with the others, and so aren't there just yet


Dorial, oblivious to the guards suggestion, smiles at the offer to be let inside. "You many come with me, but I must carry the items myself. Some of them are delicate and," she looks them both up and down, "big men like you may crush them without realizing it. And then how will we cure this plague?"

She'll take the satchels carrying all of the ingredients and start to push past the guards. If they try and stop her, she attempt to blast them out of the way.


Dorial wrote:

Dorial, oblivious to the guards suggestion, smiles at the offer to be let inside. "You many come with me, but I must carry the items myself. Some of them are delicate and," she looks them both up and down, "big men like you may crush them without realizing it. And then how will we cure this plague?"

She'll take the satchels carrying all of the ingredients and start to push past the guards. If they try and stop her, she attempt to blast them out of the way.

Stop her? Oh no, they don't seem inclined to do that.

"Just her!" The first guard opens the door for Dorial, smiling the whole while, then glares at the others(especially Othoe) before turning to follow her inside. He stops just in the doorway, telling the other guard to stay outside and keep an eye on the "riffraff" before continuing on behind Dorial, "You know, pretty lady, these big hands are can be more gentle than they look, if that's what you need....".

The closing of the door blocks anymore of the conversation from the others, including Nimeon and Kast as they approach in a rush.

The second guard, a young man Nimeon recognizes from around the village as Fritz, gulps as he turns to look at the rest of the group looking at him. "Uhm, it'll uh, be awhile. Maybe you should go rest or something?" he says, hopefully.

knowledge local=10:
These aren't the sheriff's men, but Kreed's.

sense motive=10:
It's pretty clear that Fritz isn't used to standing by himself, nor does he seem all too thrilled with his current assignment from Kreed.


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Othoe remains non-plussed at their remarks. He's used to being undervalued...

Knowledge, Local 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Sense Motive 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11

"Sorry you're in such a jam Fritz. This duty has really got to suck. Well, I won't make it any harder on you than it already is. Good luck!"

Othoe moves off a few paces and relaxes in some nearby shade while he waits.


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Knowledge (local) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Sense Motive 1d20 ⇒ 16

Chrystosm doesn't recognise the young man, but can read the expression on his face perfectly.

"You look pretty played out yourself, friend. No rest for the wicked, eh? Tell you what - we're pretty good at keeping the rabble in line ourselves, so why don't you go and have a quick drink while we look after the hut for you?"

He opens up his palm to reveal a handful of shiny gold pieces, winking at the guard as he does so

Bluff 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Fritz, the remaining guard, smiles a little at the little guy, "yeah, sorry about Rufus, he just uh, yeah...."Shrugging his shoulders helplessly, the young man shifts uncomfortably in front of the door.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast regards young Fritz for a moment before realizing that he needs to see and speak with Laurel before he's comfortable.

I need to be sure she has everything she needs.

Kast will approach the young guard with a smile.

"Fritz, I'd like to go inside and see Laurel...and I'd like to do that right now.  See, I just hiked my ass from here to the Dread Witches shack, then to Droskar's ruins and then to this tree in the middle of who knows where.   I've been walking for nearly two days straight to find the ingredients to cure what's going on here.  Now, you're in my way.  I know that you're in my way because you've been asked to, but I'd like to ask you to stand aside and let me finish my job.   See, I've worked really hard to get these herbs...and I'm. Going. To. Finish. The. Job."

Kast pauses and reaches into his pocket, retrieving the two teeth he extracted.

"Just so you know, young man, what we faced and so you can decide whether you *really* want to stand in my way, I'm going to show you what we did to earn those herbs.   First,"  Kast holds up the long tooth of the Warg, "...see that?  That's a worg's tooth.  Do you know what a worg is?  Let me tell you...it's a huge wolf...THAT TALKS.   Yes, it talked to us before it tried to eat us.  We stood firm and killed it...because. it. was. in. our. way.  Got that, young man?"

Kast continues to hold up the long Worg tooth so that Fritz's mind can fully appreciate the size of the wolf from which it came.

"We were just getting started...there was something bigger and nastier where we found the moss.  Look at this tooth here,"  Kast holds up the Tatzlwyrm tooth. 

"It comes from a dragon-like creature called a Tatzlwyrm.  Notice the greenish tint to it?  Do yeah?  That's because the wyrm breathes poison at times.  And if you think this tooth is sharp, you should see the claws.  Now, we killed this wyrm as well...because. it. was. in. our. way.  Got that?  We're not letting things get in our way."

Kast steps back off the porch and smiles at Fritz.

"Now, right now, you're in our way.   We don't want you to be in our way.  What can we do to politely make sure you're not in our way right now?  Maybe you'd like to go get that drink?  Maybe that'd be a good idea?"


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

Nimeon smiles.

"As you can see Fritz...we'd really like to finish this up so we can get drinks. How about you get us a good table like Kast says?"

Diplomacy Assist: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


"No, I don't think I should, I mean, Jurin is real sick and Master Kreed's been waiting and...." Fritz swallows hard, tempted to take the money, but more afraid of Kreed than he is thirsty...or greedy.

It is only then that he sees the stomping duo making their way to the step. Something in the tilt of Kast's jaw tells him that "no" might not cut it with him.

I...I...i..."Fritz stammers and stalls at first, but then goes completely silent as Kast pulls first the tooth the size of his fist from one pocket, then one the length of his forearm from the other.

It is all he can do not to embarrass himself like...someone else...might do in such a situation. As it is, he nearly jumps from the step, leaving the door free to whatever ministrations the group feels necessary to get inside.

"Kreed's gonna skin me for this, but... go on in..."


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

"It's OK Fritz, Kreed will get his antidote early I'm sure. If anything you're helping him get it faster as we're all here to help Laurel."

Othoe remains outside with Fritz so that Fritz can say he at least kept someone in their place...


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Chrystosm ambles into the building, tossing Fritz a couple of coins as he does so.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast smiles and nods at Fritz as he stands aside.

"Good thinking, Fritz.   Now we can get the curative made faster," Kast says as he approaches the house and leans his longspear against the door.

"Now, I'll be right back.  Simon, your skills might be necessary, maybe..."  Kast immediately regrets his words even as they leave his lips.  "...maybe she needs more stuff done that you can help with.  Nimeon and Chrysto...I might need help with the other one if he's not quite as smart as Fritz here."

Kast reaches to his back and retrieves his heavy shield.

"The one inside might not be as reasonable," Kast says while strapping on the shield.

Hopefully, we won't have to hurt anyone.

After nodding to Chrysto, Kast steps inside.


Meanwhile inside...

"No, I mean it. You, me, a little of Brahm's best… he’s not using it. Scared of the plague, what with is serving wench dying of it an all. We could have a great time. ”The guard's attention dedicated solely to her, he blocks dorial's way to the lab.

Forced to slow, she takes in the man standing in front of her. Thinning blond hair, watery blue eyes. She's seen worse. Heck, after a week in the woods being “one of the guys” she feels like worse. And he wasn’t all that bad really, if you looked past the missing tooth and the breath that went with it. Mint could fix that.

She smiled,”Not now… what did you say your name was? Nevermind, you can tell me later… we have a plague to fix, then we can …”

Shaking his head, he places one meaty finger against her mouth, “No, I mean, you could bathe first. I’m ok waiting for that. ”

Cue door, Kast and crew cascading in

”Hey! I’m gonna kill that boy!”
not too late for diplomacy… or intimidate.


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

"Too many have died here already neighbor. Kreed has no cause to be seeing more die due to his greed. This doesn't have to go badly. Walk away, let us through, and we can save everybody."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast can only nod his head and agree with Nimeon.

"We don't want any problems here.  Why don't you go back outside and protect us from any intrusions while we help Laurel finish the curative?  Then we can work together to make sure everyone gets better.  I'm sure Kreen will appreciate you working with us."

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 Diplomacy


The burly man seems to bristle, but thinks better of it. Maybe it's Dorial's calming touch upon his arm, or the various weaponry that Nimeon, Chrystosm, and Kast sport that brings about his more peaceful frame of mind, but either way he sees his way clear to let you through.

"I uh... I'll just wait outside. Make sure Fritz knows what to say...and not to say.Uh, Fritz is still ok, aint he? My sister'd never forgive me if I let her boy get hurt." With that, he stares intensely at Dorial for a moment, giving an audible *smack* of appreciation before heading outside.

******************************************

"What is all the racket, Rufus? I told you, until I have the ingredients I need, there's not a ... oh! You're not Rufus! Obviously tired and shaky, Laurel peeks out from inside the lab.

"The Father's Warp and Weft! I was beginning to despair! Did you find them? Do you have them? How much did you find?" Nearly giddy with relief, Laurel seems to almost babble as she asks questions too fast to get answers.


End of Act 1.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast slumps down as Laurel begins working on the curatives.

"I think it's in your hands now...unless you need our help? Just say the word and we'll try to make it happen. If not, I'm going to rest my leg for a bit."

Kast tries to raise his leg up, but fails and instead rubs it idly, thinking other thoughts in the brief calm.

"Say Lauren, how long will it take? I promised Fleur that I'd try to help her as soon as I could."

Kast falls silent...his mind going to other things.

"Say Nimeon, Chrysto...you guys know about fighting and soldier stuff, right? I've been thinking...my longspear, while it is nice, it really isn't a soldiers weapon. I wonder if I should be using something else. What do you think? I like the reach of the longspear, but the thrusting tends to leave me off balance. What do you guys think?"


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

Nimeon strokes his hairless chin as he contemplates Kast's question.

"Excellent question Kast. I think ultimately you have to look at your fighting style, but we can safely discount the guisarme as the weapon of cowards and no fit tool for you. I do think with your unique method of posting and standing firm the bardiche might be your weapon of choice. First descended from the sparth (as you well know), the blade would allow you to leverage your upper body strength while still keeping a manageable shaft. Some might point you to the Lochaber axe or voulge, but the simple bardiche is the weapon of a scholar cum soldier."

Nimeon continues to nod as he rambles on.

"Lots of good spots to hit on a man with one of those. The soft meats under the arm, inside of the thigh, base of the neck. Did you know the collar bone is barely connected Kast? It allows range of motion but snaps fairly easily, especially under the weight of a weapon like that."

Breastbone, left of center and down. Or through both lungs from the side if you want a silent kill...


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Chrystosm nods sagely. If he had a pipe, he'd be leaning back, puffing on it and beaming avuncularly at the young sage.

"Yes indeed! Nimeon has it right. After all, "Bardiche" means "Slayer of Bards" - who can think of a more noble use for a weapon? - whereas "Guisarme" sounds like..." He is suddenly overcome by a fit of coughing.

"Oh, excuse me. Anyway, I can't think why anybody would choose the ungainly spiny monstrosity that is the guisarme, resembling as it does a squashed hedgehog on a pole, over the smooth, curved elegance of the bardiche. No, no."

He shakes his head and attempts to settle back in his chair, forgetting that he's standing up, and falls on his bum with a loud thump instead.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast kicks back in his chair and listens to Chyrstosm and Nimeon talk about weapons of war, smiling and drinking it all in.  Kast could listen to war talk for hours, it's something that has always been an area of interest for him.  Sure, he was trained as a scholar, but what he really liked was historical battles, tales of soldiers battling against impossible odds and unbelievable evils. 

Kast occasionally looks down at his left leg, a constant reminder of what he'll never be.

"A bardiche?  That's that big axe on a stick, right?"  Kast leans forward as the two warrior discuss the weapon.  "Yeah, yeah...I feel that the longspear always leaves me off balance...I just can't keep my feet under it.  But the bardiche...that seems right, I think.   With a chopping motion, which is usually up-down, I could keep the focus of my weight over by body, rather than extending as I do with the thrusting of the longspear."

Kast sits and soaks in the discussion, all the time realizing that he is really glad he asked.

* * * *

Kast rises for about the 10th time in the hour to go check on Laurel and the preparations for the cure, each time trying to maintain his patience even as he knows that Fleur lies stuff in a closet waiting for him to return.

"Is it done yet?"


Laurel, Dorial and Simon look up from where their heads are bent over the steaming pot (cauldron?).

"Soon" they say, almost in unison. "Soon."

Outside, Rufus and Fritz take turns "threatening" Othoe. Anyone walking by can tell they're keeping the "gnome" from bothering the healer.

Not wanting to ruin his chances with the possibly available woman inside, Rufus settles for a litany of "gnome" jokes to keep himself entertained, laughing uproariously all by himself.

Fritz smiles weakly at each one, then mouths an apology to Othoe when the big man isn't looking.


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

While Othoe doesn't play the fool, he knows why the thugs are being, well, thuggish and he takes the comments in stride. He keeps his distance and waits for the rest of the party to emerge victorious over the plague.


Dorial watches as Laural mixes the ingredients together, her eyes following everything she does.

To think how long Miss Laural has been doing this in order to be so skilled. I know I'm not as skilled with herbs as Simon, but perhaps one day I can make cures for people.


"I think that's it." Laurel says with a sigh. Very carefully, she ladles up the first dose of the ugly brown liquid in a small squat bottle, then stoppers it extra carefully.

"Go, Kast, take this to Fleur before it's too late. I don't dare leave the building, or Kreed will steal it for Jurin." She understands the man's concern for his only son, yet she knows that Fleur is already so much sicker than he, and needs this more. "Do try not to be seen."


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

"I'll go with you Kast. Best we all travel in pairs right now. Kreed isn't above kidnapping one of us and using that as leverage."


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast jumps from his chair as Laurel announces the first dosage is ready.

"Yes!" Kast exclaims as he reaches for his shield and reattaches it.

There might be trouble...can't be too sure.

"Yeah, sure, I'll try to keep quiet, Laurel."

Uhm...my perfection doesn't come with a stealth mode.  :(

Kast nods to Nimeon as he takes the first dosage, pouches it, and heads out the door.

On the way out, Kast will nod to the two chuckleheads and Fritz.

"We're going to see if we can get some drinks...you guys want anything?"

Kast will accept any orders before heading to the Squeaking Luck Inn.

* * *

Supposing he gets this far, Kast will ask Nimeon to keep watch inside while he goes upstairs to see Eli.


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

"Stealthy? I can be ste - Oh, he's gone"

A little too late, Chrystosm shrugs and sits back down. Realising he's been neglecting his "literary" career lately, he takes out quill and parchment. Inspiration strikes!

I know! I can write one of those herbals people keep talking about! There's a fancy word for it, though - what is it? Pharmacrappier? Firmergoo? Er..


Having made it safely to The Duck, Kast and Nimeon make their way inside. The door hangs open, a table lays on its side, and the two soldiers must step around a shattered chair that blocks the way to the stairs.

1,451 to 1,500 of 4,787 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / "In Search of Heroes" gameplay thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.