Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

In Search of Heroes (Inactive)

Game Master verdigris

Play-by-Post game set in Darkmoon Vale, using the Pathfinder ruleset.


1,401 to 1,450 of 4,787 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>

|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

"Company! Kast, something large is heading this way."

Nimeon readies is bow.

No attack yet, I want to know what it is first.


"I knew this was too easy!"

Dorial puts herself behind the combat trained and draws her shield.


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

"I suspect it is whatever has been nesting above. We've gotten what we came for, I suggest we flee rather than engage some forest creature. This is its home after all - and we are the trespassers!"

That and it sounds large, very large. It might do us grievous bodily harm.

Othoe starts to back away from the noise (full round movement or surprise round movement as appropriate) conscious of the fact he's the slowest in the group.


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

"All hail the Squirrel King!" proclaims Simon. "Oh great king of the treetops, what tribute do you demand from your subjects?" Arms out stretched, Simon awaits the arrival of the forest nobility.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast swears, casts Shield of Faith, and turns to ready his longspear to where the others are pointing.

"Civilians, get behind us!"

If he has time, Kast will set his spear to receive a charge.


Oh what the heck, let's get this out of the way right now.

initiative rolls:

Chrystosm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Dorial: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Kast: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
Nimeon: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Othoe: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Simon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

other rolls:

Sssssss:
stealth (in deep vegetation)1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20
perception1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

perception rolls:
Chrystosm: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15
Dorial: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Kast: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Nimeon: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Othoe: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Simon: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Perception=20+:
The soft susurrus sound shifts, pulls away. It had been coming from the north, but slides east, as if going around the clearing.


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Round 1, Initiative 7, Location: away from party -> back to party

Othoe looks around, frightened by all the noise.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Othoe rejoins the group, not wanting to be left alone, "It's circling around us! I think it's coming from the east now!"


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

We're in initiative? Did I get my spell off before combat?

Round 1, Init 10, Location: about to die next to a big, dumb tree

On his next turn, Kast will move and ready his longspear to receive a charge from the rampaging Squirrel King when it emerges from wherever people say it's going to appear.


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Round 1, init 6

Chrystosm will make sure his crossbow's loaded and prepare to loose off a shot as soon as the Squirrel King comes into range, if he looks hostile.


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Round 1, Init: 18, AC 17, HP 9

"My friends, we are blessed and honored to be received by the Squirrel King's court, let us present ourselves well!" Simon mutters to himself and then spreads his arms in a gesture to encompass his companions.

Cast Bless


Round 1, Init 13

map
please see the ground floor of the map. Getting from one layer to the next takes a DC15 climb check, if you were so inclined, unless you have a climb speed, of course.

The companions, even those not able to actually hear the soft sound of the Squirrel King's imminent arrival, are not caught offguard when the beast finally makes its appearance. Rather than a small fluffy animal, the horror that lunges from the dense undergrowth of the forest is more dragon than mammal, and Simon seems to be the only nut on it's dietary wish list, "વધુસારીતમેમારીપ્રિયસાથેખાયમાટે"

draconic:
tastyyesshungryyessyumeatsforme

An example of what The Squirrel King looks like.

I believe Kast gets an attack of op, and Chrysto's crossbow attack goes off, and Dorial also gets a turn. Squirrel King is charging right at Simon, if it survives both the AoO and the crossbow bolt and whatever Dorial does.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 221d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Plus grab if successful
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 vs Simon's CMD


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

RP that I Forgot from Thursday. Apologies Othoe, you gnome, you.:

Othoe wrote:
"Kast are you OK to continue? I, er, I suppose I could heal you if you really need it. I'd rather not - and I know you'd rather not, but I just wanted to make sure you knew that, well you know, the offer is there.

Kast looks down at his wound and then back to Othoe.

"Uhm...I'm okay, Othoe. I prefer my healing to yours, but I appreciate the offer. Irori calls us to be perfect for that is the way we can get closer to him. I've kept this wound for a while to remind me of what happens when I fail Irori."

Kast rubs the wound again.

"I suppose that's reminder enough."

Kast calls upon Irori for perfection, asking his help in making him whole again.

Cast CLW.
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Healing


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.
GM_Verdigris wrote:
...and Simon seems to be the only nut on it's dietary wish list...

Lol@GM Angry, but funny, Ankheg. Well played.

No AoO from Kast as he hasn't acted yet and the thing hasn't moved to provoke either.

Kast tries to recognize the creature.

Knowledge Rolls:

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 Know (Arcana)
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 Know (Nature)
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 Know (Religion)


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Round 1, Initiative 7, Location: AA11->AB10

Status:
HP: 7/7
Weapon Equipped = none
Conditions = none
Arcane Bond = none
Force Missile = 4/6
Wizard Spells Remaining:
0) Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
1) Color Spray, Magic Missile w/ Topple

Presuming no one gets in the way...

Othoe steps up and casts Color Spray.

"Falter you foul beast and drop my friend!"

Color Spray DC 14 or be stunned etc.


The wily beast rears up on it's sinuous body at the flash of colors, but simply shakes it off with a s-sss-s-s-s...... before grabbing up Simon in it's large mouth, it's forked tongue lathing over his face as the rest of its coils slip round and round its newest worshiper.

Simon is now grappled, I believe.

will save against color spray1d20 ⇒ 17

out to the store, will update map when I get back, but still need moves from Nim, Chrysto, Dorial, and of course, Simon.


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Round 2, Init: 18, AC 17, HP 4/9

Simon, squeezed in the coils of the beast, watches as it gets blasted by a wash of colors.

(do I need a save vs. Color Spray? if so: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12, so that would be a fail and Simon is unconscious for 2d4 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3 rounds)


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Crossbow bolt, although I've had an entertaining amount of cider/brandy so let's see how this goes: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Dmg 1d8 ⇒ 4 Oh f**k. So:

As soon as he's able to do so (when it's my go - round 1, init 6) , Chrystosm drops his crossbow and tries to attack with his rapier Attk 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 Dmg 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Round 1, Init 10, Location: by creature

Requesting to re-do first round action as the monster arrived before Kast's init.

Kast steps forward and tries to drive the creature off Simon with his longspear.

"Back you, Beast!! That one is protected by me!"

1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 1 = 14 to hit; (foe is grappled...might hit?)
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 damage;

Kast's Quick Stats:

AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex, +2 SoF)
hp 13/13
Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +1

Weapons in Hand: cold iron longspear

Spell Effects: Shield of Faith
Conditions: none

Irorian Mantras of Perfection:
0) Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Read Magic
1) 2 of 4 remaining: Shield of Faith, Protection from Evil, Cure Light Wounds

Edited to add Bless.


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

don't forget the Bless from Simon


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

Round 1

Status:

HP = 11/11
AC = 15/12/13
Weapon Equipped = Mwk Longbow
Speed = 20'
Smite Evil = 1/1
Status Effects = Bless

9 hours of Serpent's Skull, oh hello whiskey coke how are you? You want to meet your brother, sure.

Nimeon fires on the Squirrel King, as it is clearly hostile.

Detect Evil

Mwk Longbow Bless PBS !PS: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Goodbye arrow, nice knowing you.

K. Nature: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

"Squirrel King my silky smooth elven behind."


Kast's spear sinks deep, and the "dragon" roars in the back of its throat, but it doesn't release it's grip on Simon.

Both Nimeon and Chrystosm's attacks miss go wide. Searching for the arrow and/or bolt may have to wait, however, as the dragon currently holds a lovingly color sprayed Simon in its coils, and the wound from Kast's spear just seems to have made it angry.

Nimeon:
While you're not sure what that thing is, you know it's not natural, per se. It looks like some form of dragon, though beyond that, you couldn't tell. There is an intelligence to its gaze that a natural beast would lack.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast watches as Nimeon's arrow goes nearly straight up in the air.

"Watch that for when it lands!" Kast says as the arrow is sure to land nearby. "Try to hit the Tatzlwurm next time. It's a dragony creature...won't be easily put to sleep or kept from moving."

Results of my knowledge roll.

C'mon Chrysto.


Round 1 | Initiative 24 | AA12 > AA10

Dorial steps up to the group, and attempts to knock the Squirrel King back before it engages anyone else in the group.

This should have technically gone off before anyone else got to act, not sure if it would have gone off before the Squirrel King

Wind Blast: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Status:

HP: 10/10
Equipped: n/a
Windblast: 6/7
Druid Spells Remaining:
0)Detect Magic, Light, Flare (DC 14), Guidance
1)Flare Burst (DC 15), Faerie Fire, Whispering Wind (Domain)


Dorial, that would have been so awesome! dang that it didn't work! errr, I mean, Ha! that's what I meant, Grrrrr

Dorial, seeing the approach of the dragon-snake the size of a full grown man, Dorial hustles over and tries to windblast him away but he just keeps on coming. Simon, his voice full of awe and wonder, welcomes his new overlord, who accepts his gift of obeisance with a giant, soul crushing hug, grappling the man in thick muscular coils. Kast tries to drive him off, but is unsuccessful. Othoe attempts to color spray the creature, but the creature just seems to shrug it right off. Chrystosm, having lost a bolt at the thing's approach, then drew his rapier and tried to stab through it's thick hide. Nimeon tried to shoot him, losing an arrow in the tree above in the process.

begin round 2


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Round 2, Initiative 7, Location: AB10->AA11

Status:
HP: 7/7
Weapon Equipped = none
Conditions = none
Arcane Bond = none
Force Missile = 3/6
Wizard Spells Remaining:
0) Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
1) Magic Missile w/ Topple

Othoe eyes the creature warily and takes a step back. Simon must be freed - that looks like it hurts! Othoe summons up a Force Missile targeting the snake like creature.

Force Missile hits for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 damage.

"Simon, are you OK? I don't think it's the squirrel god. Fight back!"


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Round 2 Init:
Dorial 24
Simon 18
Jerkwyrm 13
Kast 10
Othoe 7
Chrystosm 6
Nimeon 3

We await Dorial, Simon, then the jerkwyrm...

Kast grunts as Simon stands engaged in the creature's coils.


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

per my discussion post, I'm ok with being unconscious, but if an action is required...

Round 2, Init: 18, AC 17, HP 4/9

Simon burbles in celestial, the words forcedin gasping breaths

celestial burble:
"Impostor! You are not the Squirrel King"

The angry red glow rises in his eyes as smokes seeps from his hands. Simon grips the wyrm grappling him, seeking to throttle the creature with his own indomitable fury.

Touch of Flame (can I even miss a touch attack in a grapple?): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 91d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Simon: apparently, you can. Think of it as not being able to get your hands just right, due to your arms being pinned

Round 2, Init 13

The wyrm holds Simon tightly, ruining his melee touch attack. His short but powerful arms try to rake at his prey, but only one connects. (5pts damage).

Dropping the now unconscious man, he turns his attention on the one that poked him with the stick, 5ft slither trying to bite and grab Kast. The soldier, though, is made of sterner stuff, and is able to withstand the mighty jaws of the Tatzlwyrm!

to maintain grapple 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
rake 1 claw 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
rake 2 claw 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 101d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

bite on Kast1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 131d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
plus grab if successful 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Round 2 continues, we still need actions from Dorial, Chrystosm and Nimeon.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Round 2, Init 10

Kast curses as Simon goes down.

Kast curses again as he realizes he's facing a big wyrm all on his own, not getting any help on the creature's the flank.

Kast limps back 5' to give his longspear room to spear. (to AE11)

1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 = 12 to hit;
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 damage.

Kast's Quick Stats:

AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex, +2 SoF)
hp 13/13
Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +1

Weapons in Hand: cold iron longspear

Spell Effects: Shield of Faith
Conditions: none

Irorian Mantras of Perfection:
0) Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Read Magic
1) 2 of 4 remaining: Shield of Faith, Protection from Evil, Cure Light Wounds


Round 2 | Initiative 24

Unable to help offensively with the serpent, Dorial tries to daze it.

Flare vs Serpent: DC 14


slight rewind Dorial's flare spell bursts right in front of the Tatzlwyrm, dazzling the creature for a moment. Even so, it is able to rake Simon with a single claw before dropping him, and turning on Kast.

fort save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Round 2 continues, actions needed by Chrystosm and Nimeon


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Round 2, init 6

Chrystosm sidles around the creature, trying to find a chink in its defences

Attk 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 1 = 20 Dmg 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

Round 2

Status:

HP = 11/11
AC = 15/12/13
Weapon Equipped = Mwk Longbow
Speed = 20'
Smite Evil = 1/1
Status Effects = Bless

Nimeon curses his ill aimed attack and attempts to put one into the Squirrel King.

Mwk Longbow Bless PBS !PS: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 191d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Round 2 recap

Dorial bursts a magical flare in front of the creature’s eyes, causing it to blink it’s poor over stimulated eyes. Simon, figuring out that the thing means to do him harm, attempts to press his fiery palm against the thing, but his arms are pinned. The Tatzlwyrm gives one last rake at the man in his arms, then drops him to lunge at Kast but misses. Kast tries to return the favor, but he too misses.
Othoe doesn’t, miss, however, his force missile slamming into the beast. Chrystosm attacks again, piercing its skin, while Nimeon sinks an arrow into its throat.

Begin Round 3

Dorial, Simon, and then the Tatzlwyrm


Round 3 | Initiative 24

Dorial reaches over and touches Nimeon's arm, providing some additional luck.

I feel so useless right now!

Status:

HP: 10/10 
Equipped: n/a 
Windblast: 6/7 
Druid Spells Remaining: 
0)Detect Magic, Light, Flare (DC 14), Guidance 
1)Flare Burst (DC 15), Faerie Fire, Whispering Wind (Domain) 

+1 to next attack with Guidance


Round 3, Initt13

The Great Tatzy blinks and blinks trying to clear it's eyes to see the tasty morsels surrounding it. Finally, it lunges at Chrystosm, but misses against him as well. Throwing its head back in terror, it lets out an unearthly hissing squeal, then tries to make a run (slither) for it's tree, passing dangerously close to Kast to do so!. AE9-AF10-AF11-AE12-AD13-to end in AC13(map

I believe Kast gets an attack of op, on its way by

bite on Chrystosm1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
grab if successful vs Chrystosm's CMD(15?)1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Continue, round 3, (still need Simon and) Kast, Othoe, Chrysto, Nimeon.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Round 3, Init 10

AoO

Kast glares at the snapping wyrm and holds his ground.

"C'mon wyrm, this fight isn't over," Kast says it tries to get to the tree.

1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 = 12 to hit;
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 damage.

 Regular action

Kast follows the wyrm, 5' limping into another attack.

1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 11 to hit;
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 damage.


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Round 3, Initiative 7, Location: AA11->Z12

Status:
HP: 7/7
Weapon Equipped = none
Conditions = none
Arcane Bond = none
Force Missile = 3/6
Wizard Spells Remaining:
0) Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
1) Magic Missile w/ Topple

Othoe watches it slither a bit, takes a five foot step to get a clearer shot, and fires a Ray of Frost.

Ray of Frost 1d20 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 1 - 4 = 13 (+1 bless, -4 in combat)(touch) for 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 damage.


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Round 3, init 6, Location AD10 > AC12

Chrystosm pursues the beast, striking at it if he gets the chance

Attk 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 Dmg 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

Round 3

Status:

HP = 11/11
AC = 15/12/13
Weapon Equipped = Mwk Longbow
Speed = 20'
Smite Evil = 1/1
Status Effects = Bless

Unhindered by his allies Nimeon takes another shot.

Move to Z12.

Mwk Longbow Bless PBS: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 181d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Though Kast misses, Othoe, Chrystosm and Nimeon all seem to have found their stride, drilling the slithering serpent before he can make it to his tree. Thrashing this way and that, he still cannot avoid them, and is pierced and sliced until life leaves his body in cooling streams of a blood that pool around his suddenly stilled frame.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast tumbles to his knee as his secondary thrust misses and Kast grimaces in anger.

"Kast! Mind your balance!" Kast berates himself even as Othoe, Nimeon, and Chrysto take down the beast.

Good for them. A soldier, I am not. And they are.

Kast pushes himself upright with his longspear, eventually dragging his left leg back under him, still obviously displeased with himself.

Seeking calm, Kast closes his eyes and tries to mantra himself but even that is broken up by a shout of "Simon!!" from his own lips.

"Am I too late?" Kast yells to himself as he rushes to Simon's crumpled form.

Irori, return this body to perfection so that he may try to follow your divine example.

Kast lays his hands on Simon to heal him.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 healing

"C'mon, Simon breathe!"


The danger apparently passed, Kast tears to Simon's side, reaching for him where life and death spiral into a tight curl.

Kast:
Seeking the perfect weakness within the spiral, Irori answers Kast's call; he eases the coil, frees the spring, and heals Simon, all in that perfect moment where life and death hang balanced, and can be tipped either way.


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Groggily, slowly, Simon's eyes flicker as consciousness and life return to his slight frame. "I was having the best dream! My mother was squeezing me with a big hug of love and then we were going to have a cup of cocoa before bedtime." Looking down at his blood stains and then back to Kast's worried face perched just above his, Simon realizes what has just occurred. "Kast, my friend, thanks for your healing, I owe you my life! Old bones, Llwynally, wolfie, myself, we are indebted to you, I'll not forget your kindness!" Simon grabs the man in a fierce hug before he can escape with his compromised leg.


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

Nimeon nods in relief as Simon is saved before going to examine the Squirrel King.

He'll probably try to keep Kast's leg with him now, poor man.

Moving to the dead beast Nimeon will first insure it's suffering is over with his sword before closing its eyes.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

After seeing Simon breathe again, Kast accepts Simon's hug with a smile.

"You're welcome, Simon," Kast says through his relief.

When Simon is done, Kast will again rise and go put his back next to the tree and slowly side down into a sitting position, taking a welcome respite until Simon summons another Monster King for which to devour them.

Kast looks at the wyrm and realizes that he needs to write about it and the battle and begins to dig through his backpack for his journal.

Kast pauses from his scribbling for a moment before looking at Chrystosm...

"Say, Chrystosm...do you think there is any treasure up in the tree there? Did you check that nest when you were up there? Maybe...?" Kast makes the climbing motion and points up to the boughs.

Kast's journal entry will reflect the collection of the moss, a thorough description of its supposed medicinal properties, the battle with the Tatzlwyrm, and then a drawing of the wyrm. He follows that with a request to Othoe to help him extract a tooth from the beast.

"For research, Othoe...for research."


Chrystosm didn't need to reach the nest to reach the moss. I didn't think he went up that high.

The tree rises above the group a full 40 feet or more, its broad boughs holding up an impressive expanse of dense leaves and lesser limbs. While it is possible to use the rope to climb up as far as Chrystosm went the first time (25ft), the rope is pretty much useless beyond. that point. The nest is higher still, and will be more difficult to reach, though not impossible for adventurers of significant calibre and fortitude.


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Othoe looks up the tree, and decides that someone of greater valor than he should make that climb. Instead he takes out his dagger.

"Sure Kast, I'll help you with the tooth. Do you want one or both?"

Othoe removes one or both of the fangs with his dagger, then cleans himself up with a Prestidigitation. He thinks for a moment, and also cleans the fangs of any remaining gore.

A little strange collecting the fangs, but to each his own I guess.


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3
Kast wrote:
"Say, Chrystosm...do you think there is any treasure up in the tree there? Did you check that nest when you were up there? Maybe...?"

"No - I didn't get as far as the nest. Still, providing the Squirrel King doesn't have a Squirrel Queen and a gaggle of Squirrel Princes and Princesses, I'll give it a go"

He spits on his hands and begins to clamber up the tree.

If I can take 10, 13 (10+3 Dex modifier). If I can take 20, 23. If I can't take either, 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Climb


Dorial stands at the bottom of the tree, gazing up its massive height.

If only my limbs were made for climbing... Some day.. "Some day..."

1,401 to 1,450 of 4,787 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / "In Search of Heroes" gameplay thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.