Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

In Search of Heroes (Inactive)

Game Master verdigris

Play-by-Post game set in Darkmoon Vale, using the Pathfinder ruleset.


1,001 to 1,050 of 4,787 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Round 8, Init 9

"He's where, what?" Kast yells at Nimeon.

Kast moves to F9 and readies to strike any badguy he sees.


Round 8

Map

Simon, drawn by the lure of magic, hesitates in the Library, debating whether to go after the magic or join his companions in the hall.
Chrystosm searches both kobold rooms, catching a sparkle of something in amongst the bird bones on the far bed.
Nimeon, hearing something from the doorway, calls out and heads in that direction looking for something to shoot. Othoe trots along with him, a spell tingling on his fingertips and looking for a kobold to slay.

Suddenly, twin daggers criss cross through the air, one flying at Othoe, the other at Nimeon, both from out of the shadows of the rooms off the entryway. Only then does Nimeon see something to shoot. The kobold stands in the door to the North. And only then does Othoe see a target for his spell; a kobold stands in the doorway to the South. But then again, there is the scratch of something near the door, and a wild eyed, drenched-furred, rangy beast of a wolf fills the doorway, its teeth bared as it stalks in from the storm. Othoe's spell goes off, but misses the kobold who's blade now lays covered in his blood at his feet, but Nimeon's arrow flies true, striking one of the kobolds in ...her?...chest.

Both Dorial and Kast immediately respond, following Nimeon and Othoe down the hall and preparing to shoot anything they see. Unfortunately, neither of them are able to see anything around Nimeon.

dice rolls:
initiative, W11d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
perception Nimeon1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Perception Othoe 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Stealth Gurtlekep1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 2 = 31
Stealth Flegmittle1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 = 19

Stealth Wolf 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

readied action, Flegmittle on Othoe, 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 221d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + (1) = 3
readied action, Gurtlekep on Nimeon 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 221d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + (5) = 8

Simon. . . . . . . . . . . 23
Chrystosm. . . . . . . .18
Flegmittle. . . . . . . . 16.1
Gurtlekep. . . . . . . ..16.05
Nimeon . . . . . . . . . .16
Wolf. . . . . . . . . . . . .13
Dorial. . . . . . . . . . . .12.1
Othoe. . . . . . . . . . . 12
Kast. . . . . . . . . . . . . .9

Nimeon takes 8 damage from the dagger flying out the darkness, but returns the hit with an arrow that does 3 damage to the kobold. The second kobold hits Othoe for 3 damage, but Othoe's spell goes wide, probably because he got a look at the wolf.

Beginning of Round 9. Please be sure to include your Perception and coordinates.


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Round 9, Init 23, HP 8/9, AC 17

"Hey guys, there's a magic something in the..." The sounds of his companion's yells and combat interrupt Simon's excitement and his voice quickly shifts to his blubbering nonsense. Not wanting to be left behind, he follows the group into the hallway, gripping his morningstar tightly.

move to F11


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

Round 9 Init 16

Status:

HP = 3/11
AC = 15/12/13
Weapon Equipped = Mwk Longbow
Speed = 20'
Smite Evil = 1/1
Status Effects = None

"Uff!"

The wind is temporarily knocked out of Nimeon from the hit. He fires again at the kobold before moving out of the way.

Mwk Longbow PBS: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 231d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Fire at same kobold then move behind Simon to F12. I know it's not great but I just can't take another hit.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Per discussion with GM Angry, but not unreasonable, Ankheg, updating my action as the kobold attacks happened after I posted, but before my turn came up.

Round 8, Init 9

Kast sees and hears the dagger thunk into Nimeon.

"Dammit!"

That should be me taking that!

Kast double moves to G8, pausing momentarily to look at the wolf, but stepping into the breach to protect Nimeon from further attacks.

"Nimeon, get back! Chrystosm! I need you!"

Soldiers protect.

Kast's Quick Stats:

AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 13/13
Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +1

Weapons in Hand: cold iron longspear

Spell Effects: none
Conditions: none

Irorian Mantras of Perfection:
0) Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Read Magic
1) 4/4 remaining: Shield of Faith, Protection from Evil, Cure Light Wounds


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Round 9, init 18

"What? Where? Who?"

Chrystosm snatches up the glittering object he found, then rushes to his companion's aid.

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 4. If possible, I'll move to G7 to engage the wolf - doubt I can attack, but just in case - Attk 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Dmg 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 If not, I'll move to F8 or F9 and try to block whatever steams in and attacks


Round 9 | Initiative 12.1 | F9 > F8

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Seeing a spot open up, Dorial moves forward. Now seeing where the daggers came from, she readies to throw the attacker off should he try again.

Windblast: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 

Status:

HP: 10/10   
Subdual: 0   
Weapon(s) Equipped = shield, club   
Conditions = Light cast on club   
Wind Blast = 3/7   
Druid Spells Remaining:   
0) Detect Magic, Create Water, Light, Purify Food and Drink   
1) Entangle, Speak with Animals, Whispering Wind 


So, I think I screwed up the initiative last time. As such, this is the initiative order for round 9. Sorry all.

Simon. . . . . . . . . . . 23
Chrystosm. . . . . . . .18
Nimeon . . . . . . . . . .16
Dorial. . . . . . . . . . . .12.1
Othoe. . . . . . . . . . . 12
Flegmittle. . . . . . . . 10.2
Gurtlekep. . . . . . . ..10.1
Wolf. . . . . . . . . . . . .10
Kast. . . . . . . . . . . . . .9


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Round 9, Initiative 12, Location: F7

Status:
HP: 4/7
Weapon Equipped = Dagger
Conditions = none
Arcane Bond = unused
Force Missile = 2/6
Wizard Spells Remaining:
0) Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
1) Color Spray, Magic Missile w/ Topple

Othoe uses another of his precious Force Missiles to attack the same Kobold that Nimeon hit (unless he's down in which case I'll attack the wolf).

Force Missile hits for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 damage.

He stands his ground being out of the way of immediate reach, but close enough to lend a hand if needed.

"Watch out for that wolf! I suspect she's more dangerous than these kobolds!"


Round 9

Kast and Chrystosm hustle to the front, protecting Nimeon and Othoe from assailants on three sides. Nimeon makes a desperate attempt to take one of the kobold's out of the fight, sending an arrow into his gullet fletching deep, but the kobold still stands. The Kobold right around the corner from him tries to take advantage of the opportunity, but misses due to the cover provided by the wall. His arrow and nerve spent, Nimeon limps back to hide behind Simon.

Dorial steps right into Nimeon's recently vacated space, preparing a windblast should the same Kobold that so recently struck Nimeon should try to do so again to someone else.

Othoe uses up one of his rapidly dwindly force missiles, striking Nimeon's Nemesis, nearly dropping him in his tracks. Incredibly, though, the creature still stands, and even reaches out to touch Chrystosm with an oddly shadowy hand. Dorial's readied windblast goes off, forcing the creature back into the shadows of the room, whatever he was going to do to Chrystosm going with him.

The wolf snaps as well, a vicious maw of razor sharp teeth striking out at Chrystosm's thigh. The teeth sink deeply into his flesh, but the strike is too high, and the man refuses to go down.

The other kobold across the way draws a sword, attacking Kast where he blocks her way. It strikes as well, but barely nicks him in the process.

dice rolls:

Kobold melee touch attack on Chrystosm, 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 as this didn't come into play, please disregard
Wolf bite attack on Chrystosm 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 221d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
If successful, CMB against Chrystosm's CMD to trip1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
kobold melee attack on Kast 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 231d4 ⇒ 1

oops, rolls for crits on Chrystosm by the wolf: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 181d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

and possible crt on Kast by the kobold: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 51d4 ⇒ 4

total damage to Chrystosm: 9
Total damage to Kast:1

Kast still has a moves for round 9, but otherwise, it is now...

map
round 10


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Round 9, Init 9

Realizing that he is suddenly surrounded, Kast drops his longspear and draws his morningstar.

Damnit! Through my guard again!

"Get a healer on Chyrstosm!" Kast roars as he tries to morningstar the kobold that stuck him.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 to hit;
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 damage.

Edit, potential crit:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 to hit;
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 damage.

Kast seems happy as he crunches the kobold.

Soldiers fight.


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Round 10, Init 23, HP 8/9, AC 17

Simon burbles a reply to Kast, the meaning lost to anyone that doesn't speak celestial.

burble:
"In a moment, I'm healing Nimeon!"

Simon casts Cure Light Wounds on Nimeon, then runs forward to help Chyrstosm next round.

CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

move to F6


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Round 10, Initiative 12, Location: F7

Status:
HP: 4/7
Weapon Equipped = Dagger
Conditions = none
Arcane Bond = unused
Force Missile = 2/6
Wizard Spells Remaining:
0) Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
1) Color Spray

Othoe curses Asmodeus under his breath at the still standing Kobold. He his Magic Missile w/ Toppling Spell hoping to drop him to the floor one way or another.

Magic Missile hits for 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 damage and trip, CMB: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

"Now everyone pile on, clearly he's the leader! And watch that wolf! Nasty teeth on her."

sigh...


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Dorial, Chrysto, and Nim to act before the bad guys. Let's get them.

Kast readies for the upcoming assault, gripping his morningstar in two hands and ready to swing again.

C'mon leg, stay strong.


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Round 10, Init 18, HP 3/12

Activating Combat Expertise, so AC up to 18

"YEAARGH!"

Chrystosm bellows in pain as the wolf sinks its fangs into his thigh, responding with a strike of his own

Attk 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 - 1 = 11 Dmg 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

Round 10 Init 16

Status:

HP = 3/11
AC = 15/12/13
Weapon Equipped = Mwk Longbow
Speed = 20'
Smite Evil = 1/1
Status Effects = None

Nimeon looks for a likely opening to fire but sees none. Sheathing his bow and drawing his sword he prepares to move in if one of the others fall.


Simon. . . . . . . . . . . 23
Chrystosm. . . . . . . .18
Nimeon . . . . . . . . . .16
Dorial. . . . . . . . . . . .12.1
Othoe. . . . . . . . . . . 12
Flegmittle. . . . . . . . 10.2
Gurtlekep. . . . . . . ..10.1
Wolf. . . . . . . . . . . . .10
Kast. . . . . . . . . . . . . .9
Wolf2. . . . . . . . . . . . . .8.9

Simon, burbling melodically at the top of his lungs, brings a healing flame to Nimeon’s wounds, closing most of them instantly, before running up to join the fray by hiding behind the “gnome”. Chrystosm screams in pain as the wolf’s teeth sink deeply. Using his expertise in such situations, he able to pull free without doing further damage, and guard himself more effectively, but the wound runs red. Still, he stays to block the canid’s way to the juicier morsels standing behind him.

Nimeon, now healed by Simon’s touch, looks for something to shoot, but cannot see a way clear with everyone else blocking the way. Sheathing his bow and drawing his sword, he prepares to step in, should anyone fall, or trouble come his way.

Othoe, not to be outdone by the stretchies, fires a magic missile at the kobold in the northern room, interrupting a flow of guttural hisses and clicks as he slumps to the floor and goes awkwardly limp. spellcraft anyone?

The other kobold screams and attacks Kast that much harder, swinging her sword with both hands at his throat, seeking to free his head from its earthly attachments. Frustrated by Chrystosm's’s expertise, the wolf also lunges at Kastinstead, gore from Chrystosm still dripping from her mouth. Both attacks, spent with more anger than thought, miss the wily soldier, leaving him standing as well as he was before.

Dorial looks left and right, seeking a target for her windblast, but cannot see the other kobold well enough to blow.

Simon, from his new vantage point next to Othoe, hears a howl from out of the darkness around the corner, then sees the gleam of feral eyes slink forward. A wild eyed wolf with matted fur stares him down, a limp bunch of fur and bones held in her very sharp teeth. She gives it shake and one last chomp, then flings the bloody mess of orange fur to the floor between them, freeing her mouth too snarl at Simon instead.

kobold attack on Kast1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 141d4 ⇒ 4
wolf attack on Kast1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 141d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
wolf CMB VS Kast’s CMD, else Kast is prone.1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

damage and what not: No damage to the 2-footed members of the party this round, One kobold looks down, one is severely injured due to Kast's attack. One wolf (the first one) looks unharmed, the other wolf has deep scratches on its muzzle and legs.

map

Kast goes in Round 10, then it is Round 11 for everyone


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Round 10, Init 9

Kast kicks away from the wolf, narrowly avoiding the bite that would have sent him crashing to the ground.

Keeping his focus on one opponent at a time, Kast tries to finish off the kobold who he hit last time.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 to hit;
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 damage.


Kast swings back at the kobold, but his blow glances off her armor, likely doing no harm. She snarls off a stream of clicks and hisses, nearly spitting them in his face.

round 11


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Round 11, init 18, HP 3/12

Chrystosm tries to finish the wolf off quickly, only too aware that death is just a lucky hit away.

Attk 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 - 1 = 21 Crit. conf. 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 1 = 5 Dmg 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

Round 11 Init 16

Status:

HP = 11/11
AC = 15/12/13
Weapon Equipped = Longsword
Speed = 20'
Smite Evil = 1/1
Status Effects = None

Seeing the hall is crowded with legs hairy and covered, feet shod and clawed, teeth gory and otherwise, Nimeon moves into the room so recently dusted and squeezes his way through the rabbit hole like a former fox running from wolves.

Move to G10 squeezing.

"Why hello."

Seeing their slippery nemesis in front of him Nimeon takes a two handed grip on his longsword and swings for the head.

Longsword Two Handed Flank: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 251d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 171d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Round 11, Init 23, HP 8/9, AC 17

Simon concentrates on healing Chrystosm, despite the tears running down his face and the threat of the wolf closing in on him.

CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Round 11, Initiative 12, Location: F7

Status:
HP: 4/7
Weapon Equipped = Dagger
Conditions = none
Arcane Bond = unused
Force Missile = 1/6
Wizard Spells Remaining:
0) Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
1) Color Spray

Othoe fires a Force Missile at the Kobold if it still stands, and the original (number 1?) wolf if not.

"Help! We've another wolf over here, and it has our poor fox! I think it's still breathing, but not by much!"

Force Missile hits for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 damage.

One missile left! I hope no more wolves decide to visit!


Round 11 | Initiative 12.1 | F8 > F5

Seeing the new wolf appear, and what appears to be the fox that has been following Simon now lying on the floor, Dorial springs forward to protect the poor creature.

"Simon! Watch out for the other wolf!"

Moving past Othoe and Simon, Dorial attempts to knock the wolf back.

Windblast: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Status:

HP: 10/10
Subdual: 0
Weapon(s) Equipped = shield, club
Conditions = Light cast on club
Wind Blast = 2/7
Druid Spells Remaining:
0) Detect Magic, Create Water, Light, Purify Food and Drink
1) Entangle, Speak with Animals, Whispering Wind


Simon. . . . . . . . . . . 23
Chrystosm. . . . . . . .18
Nimeon . . . . . . . . . .16
Dorial. . . . . . . . . . . .12.1
Othoe. . . . . . . . . . . 12
Flegmittle. . . . . . . . 10.2
Gurtlekep. . . . . . . ..10.1
Wolf. . . . . . . . . . . . .10
Kast. . . . . . . . . . . . . .9
Wolf2. . . . . . . . . . . . . .8.9

Simon with Llwynally at his feet on oneside, and Chrystosm nearly faint from his own battle with the wolf, makes the impossible choice. Tears stream down his face as he reaches out to heal the man.

Chrystosm, now much more steady on his feet, stabs at the first wolf, hoping for that really great strike to put her down before she does the same to him. His blade sinks deeply, but she still stands.

Nimeon thinks quickly on his feet and goes back through the room with the bolthole, squeezes through it and finishes off the second kobold, his longsword sending whatever spirit she might have back to whatever gods she may have worshiped.

With a gasp, Dorial squeezes passed Othoe and Simon , standing guard over Llwynally and staring down the battered wolf to the north. She attempts to knock it back with one of her windblasts but to no avail; Even bit and scratched as she is, the wolf is able to hold her ground.

Othoe though, shoots a force missile at the first wolf, drawing a snapping yowl of pain from it as the force effect slams into her jaw, snapping her head up and back.

She snarls back, lunging at Chrystosm where he stands between her and the morsel that just hurt her so badly, but the man is quick and well armored, and her teeth don't even come close to hurting him.

dice rolls:
wolf attack on Chrystosm1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Flegmittle to stabilize1d20 ⇒ 3
Gurtlekep to stabilize1d20 ⇒ 10

damage and such: The two kobolds lay slumped on the floor, the first wolf by the double doors is bleeding profusely from the stab from Chrystosm, and definitely had her bell rang by Othoe’s force spell. The other wolf, seems bit and scratched, and up close, Dorial can see that one of her eyes is bleeding and swollen shut.

Kast’s turn for round 11, the other wolf’s turn, then it is Round 12


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Round 11, Init 9

Seeing his opponent felled, Kast limps around to help Chrysto.

"Hang in there!"

Still gripping his morningstar in two hands, Kast takes aim at the wolf on Chrystosm.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 to hit;
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 damage.

Soldiers aid.


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Round 12, Init 18, HP 8/12

I assume Kast's finished off the first wolf? Also, GM - am I still fatigued?

"Thanks, comrades!"

Cheered by all the help he's been given (and by the fact that he's still standing), Chrystosm wades in again.

If the wolf nearest us is still alive, I'll attack him/her/it; if it's out of action, I'll go for the one menacing the fox

If necessary, Acrobatics 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 to get into position, then Attk 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 Dmg 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Round 12, Initiative 12, Location: F7

Status:
HP: 4/7
Weapon Equipped = Dagger
Conditions = none
Arcane Bond = unused
Force Missile = 1/6
Wizard Spells Remaining:
0) Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
1) Color Spray

Barely able to see the wolf, Othoe none the less tries to take a shot at it with his Ray of Frost, saving his last force missile for emergencies. Or next round which may bring it's own crisis.

Ray of Frost 1d20 + 2 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 2 - 4 - 4 = 11 (-4 combat, -4 cover) (ranged touch) for 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 damage.

Likely missing the dodgy wolf, Othoe curses lightly under his breath, but not with much force as the outcome was, after all, expected.

We need a break - or at least fewer foes!

"Nice swing Chrystosm! Good hit Kast!"


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Round 12, Init 23, HP 8/9, AC 17

Expecting the worse, Simon drops low and reaches a hand to Llwynally to stabilize his companion, if possible. As much as he wants to heal her, he has only two spells remaining and saves them for their certain need in the next few moments as Dorial stands before the wolf.

cast stabilize on Llwynally, regardless if he believes it will succeed or not.


Sorry for the lack of a map today. As such, here's the line up North to South in the hall with the second wolf.

Wolf, Dorial(in the square that shows Lwynally in the map), Simon, Othoe.

Chrystosm, You don't have room to get to the wolf, so you would know that the acrobatics wouldn't work. As such, you can redo your action if you would like. No, you're not fatigued anymore.

We still need posts by Dorial and Nimeon. Please message me if you have questions.


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

Round 12

Status:

HP = 11/11
AC = 15/12/13
Weapon Equipped = Longsword
Speed = 20'
Smite Evil = 1/1
Status Effects = None

Seeing little room to attack the second wolf Nimeon moves to the door and closes it.


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Retconning...

Round 12, Init 18, HP 8/12

"Thanks, comrades!"

Pleased to be still standing, but feeling rather impotent, Chrystosm looks to see if there's any chance of his being able to assist Dorial with a ranged attack.

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 7

If not, he'll go back to the room with the beds (number 8) and retrieve his lantern


Simon. . . . . . . . . . . 23
Chrystosm. . . . . . . .18
Nimeon . . . . . . . . . .16
Othoe. . . . . . . . . . . 12
Kast. . . . . . . . . . . . . .9
Wolf2. . . . . . . . . . . . . .8.9
Dorial. . . . . . . . . . . .8.8

Kast bashes the first wolf in the head, dropping her in her tracks.

round 12

Simon using the cover provided by Dorial, reaches out to Llwynally, stabilizing his dear friend where she lays. Not really expecting it, he is somewhat surprised to feel her heartbeat through the magic. It stutters, falters, then begins again at a new, stronger and more regular rhythm with the touch of the spell. just an FYI, stabilize is a close range spell.

Chrystosm looks for a way to the second wolf, but finding none, returns for his lantern (coordinates, please?)

Nimeon, frustrated by the lack of space, moves to close the big double doors.. As he does so, he is able to see a faint gleam from the door across the way that seems to move and bounce. Closing the big double doors quickly against whatever else might be moving about outside, he turns back to the fray, stepping over the body of the slain wolf to do so.

Llwynally carefully cradled beneath her, Dorial stares down the other wolf. It’s muzzle is bit and scratched and speckled with blood; whatever she fought gave nearly as good as it got. A spell from Othoe slings past her head, making the hairs on her neck stand up and sending goose bumps down her spine, but misses its target, and frosts the wall behind the wolf instead. Realizing that she is the only one that can reach the wolf, the druid finds herself frozen. If she reaches for magic or weapon, the wolf will likely attack, but then again, it’s likely to attack anyway. If she moves, she leaves the Llwynally to the wolf’s depredations. Caught between tooth and claw, she wavers indecisively.

The wolf, sensing her hesitation, strikes, huge paws hitting her in the chest as her teeth try for Dorial’s throat. One leg pulls up lame as it tries the jump and it falls back, limping.

wolf attack on Dorial 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 91d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 trip attempt if bite successful1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 vs Dorial’s CMD (11).

Kast goes, Dorial is delayed, so she could go, then Round 13

map


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Round 12

Seeing the wolf fall before him, Kast hoots sadly.

"Poor little wolf, you're not a soldier, you just wanted food, huh?"

Kast sighs knowing that he will have to kill an 'innocent' animal to save his friends again.

"Make way!"

Kast delays, waiting to get into Simon or Dorial's spot.


Round 12 | Initiative 12.1

Realizing that there is no more room left for her more combat oriented party members, Dorial grasps onto one of the remaining blasts of wind she has for the day.

"I'm going to try and make some room!"

Windblast: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Knowing the cost of moving, she remains protecting the young fox.

Status:

HP: 10/10 
Subdual: 0 
Weapon(s) Equipped = shield, club 
Conditions = Light cast on club 
Wind Blast = 1/7 
Druid Spells Remaining: 
0) Detect Magic, Create Water, Light, Purify Food and Drink 
1) Entangle, Speak with Animals, Whispering Wind


Yay! we can all go on to Round 13 together. Dorial, you're new Initiative spot is 8.8, Kast, yours is 24

Dorial's windblast sends the last wolf tumbling back around the corner and freeing up space in front of Dorial.

Kast, your delay goes off at the top of the round 13


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Round 13, Init 18, HP 8/12

Chrystosm rushes back to G13, moving double speed , picks up his lantern, then runs back I think I can get as far as F9, if each of those squares are 5ft


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Round 13

Kast moves up to protect Dorial and the fox from the wolf, limping at full speed to F4.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 to hit;
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 damage.


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

Round 13 Init 16

Status:

HP = 11/11
AC = 15/12/13
Weapon Equipped = Longsword
Speed = 20'
Smite Evil = 1/1
Status Effects = None

Seeing Kast move forward to assault the wolf Nimeon moves to end the kobold who injured him.

"I saw a light bobbing out there, we are not alone."

Begin Coup de Grace against the other kobold.


round 13 update

As soon as the space is open in front of Dorial, it is filled again, Kast moving up to attack the dangerous beast before it can strike again. The attack sends it reeling into the partially open door behind it, slamming it shut and bringing a growl from the other side.

Chrystosm hustles up from the back, catching back up with the others with his lantern in tow.

Nimeon plunges his sword deep into the kobold's throat. The kobold startles at the blades's first kiss, his eyes opening wide and a strange gurgling hiss bubbling out as the sword sinks deep and claims his last breath.

map ... sorry, Nimeon, didn't get your move in the update map. you are in the northern room with the kobold.


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Round 13, Initiative 12, Location: F7->G8

Status:
HP: 4/7
Weapon Equipped = Dagger
Conditions = none
Arcane Bond = unused
Force Missile = 1/6
Wizard Spells Remaining:
0) Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
1) Color Spray

Seeing Nimeon at work Othoe smiles.

He 5' steps to the other Kobold lying in the doorway and quietly proceeds to coupe de grace it.

Dagger auto hits for 1d3 + 1d3 ⇒ (3) + (3) = 6 points of damage.

"I'll watch your back Nimeon.", he says as he stands up after his wet work.


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Round 13, init 18

Chrystosm stays at the back, waiting for an opening.

Delay action until there's room to engage in melee, or fighting ceases (for the time being)


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Round 13, Init 23, HP 8/9, AC 17

The threat from the wolf removed, Simon scoopes Llwynally into his arms and cradles the little fox, tears still streaming down his face.


all immediate threats seemed to have been dispatched.

Simon: Though she doesn't wake, Llwynally seems to snuggle closer, though doing seems to cause her to tense in pain, even in her unconscious state. Closer examination shows a few tufts of bloody gray fur in her mouth.

Nimeon: The kobold at the North room wears leather armor. Around his neck is a chain attached to a silver hammer with some sort of symbol engraved on the end of it, while in his hand he holds a crude cookie with the same symbol burnt onto the top. A very nice short sword and a single matching dagger lay nearby.

know religion=15:
The symbol in the cookies and on the end of the hammer is the symbol of Droskar, dwarven god of toil and suffering

Othoe: The kobold in the south room wears similar leather armor, carries a similar cookie, though hers is wrapped in leaves, and holds a similar short sword, though her daggers are unimpressive.

Kast: Though all immediate danger has been dispatched, at least once you hear another growl and a tentative bump against the door that slammed shut when the 2nd wolf hit it.

map


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Othoe gathers up the weapons and any other useful bits for the party to disseminate later. He then returns to the group.

"I don't like the sound of that growling! I think we should check it out quickly."

He hesitates, and continues.

"I know you fighter-types can go and go, but I'm running low on resources. I'm not saying we must stop now, I just want everyone to know what I can, and can't, do. That said I don't think we should rest until we've checked these doors. I don't want to get jumped by more Kobolds while we try to sleep!"

Othoe casts Prestidigitation and cleans himself up a bit. He offers to clean the others as well if they should desire it.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast spins a few times on his good leg, looking for more opponents he is sure that are going to appear out of no where at any moment.

"C'mon out!"

After a moment, his shoulders sag and he rubs his leg as he realizes he has a few moments of respite.

"Is everyone okay? Does anyone need aid?"

Kast will stow his morningstar and retrieve his longspear.


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

"There was a magic something back in the library." mumbles Simon, still focused on Llwynally.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast goes to check on Llwynally.

"Does your fox require healing, Simon? I may not do much for you, but perhaps I can end his suffering."

Kast eyes the fox with sad eyes.

"Does your fox have a name?"


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

"It's Llwynally, she's a sweetheart. I have a healing spell left, but I fear to use it and then leave one of us to die at the paws of the wolf." Simon glances to the door. "Do you think I can spend it to heal my little friend here, will we have time to rest?"


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

"Linnally? Okay...did she tll you that?" Kast smiles and looks at the fox, then to the sick Simon, trying to judge the progression of Simon's illness. "Let me see if Irori will help me recognize the perfection in your fox."

Kast casts CLW on the fox.

Irori, bring perfection back to this fox, so that it may emulate you.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 healing

1,001 to 1,050 of 4,787 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / "In Search of Heroes" gameplay thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.