Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

In Search of Heroes (Inactive)

Game Master verdigris

Play-by-Post game set in Darkmoon Vale, using the Pathfinder ruleset.


851 to 900 of 4,787 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast reaches in and retrieves the items and passes them around.

"See what you make of these."

Kast will carefully search the lowest level.

"I'm not sure I trust myself on these stairs, but we should look above. Anyone wish to go?"


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

"I'm the lightest so if the stairs are unsteady I might be a good candidate. I'm not terribly well balanced though..."

Othoe prepares to take on the stairs. He steps gingerly and takes his time at first to see if they're stable.

I'll try to take-10 and see if that gets me anywhere (total Acrobatics: 11). If not...

Acrobatics 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

I KNEW I should have taken off my damn shoes!


Though Othoe tries to make it up the stairs, good sense and a well timed shimmy keep him grounded at the foot of them. It soon becomes clear that only a truly dextrous individual will make it to the top without a large dose of luck.


Appraise 20 or craft:weapons 15:
Though not magical, whoever made these clearly crafted them to withstand the rigors of holding magical properties. The pommel and blade seem crafted for each other, though the final fitting is incomplete. Hidden in this place, in this way, it was most likely stolen or cached for safe keeping before the artisan could complete his task.


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

"Interesting items you've found there Kast."

Nimeon will head over to the spider and say a quick prayer over it.

Vermin, but it did no less than its nature.

"I could shuck my gear and try the climb."


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Simon scuttles to the spider, searching it over with knife in hand, poking and prodding at various bits, and cutting into the carapace occasionally. After several minutes of this bizarre behavior he ceases his actions and steps away from the beast, a look of disappointment on his face, framed by a few errant strands of spider web.


Dorial peaks her head into the tower, "Is it dead yet?"

Seeing the large spider lying on the floor, she nods assuming the best. The party focused on searching the tower, she turns her attention back towards the sky before going off to investigate the other doors.

Moving to F1 and checking inside the north door: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

When Nimeon is done paying his respects to the spider and after Simon is finished carnally desecrating the body, Kast will spear the spider and drag it outside so those that want to play with the dead thing can, while others who want to search the tower can do so without distraction.

"Othoe, want to try again on those stairs? Or you, Nimeon?"


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Appraise 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

"Mind if I have a go?"

Chrystosm limbers up, then attempts to shimmy acrobatically up the stairs

Acrobatics 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Dorial, perception check, please. And do you have any light going?

Simon:
Simon, the spider is indeed incredibly disappointing, and the ache is heightened for a moment almost to unbearable. There is no shimmer or iridescence to the webbing here, and no tell-tale euphoria or visions to be had. The gory mess at your feet is simply a poor dead, useless thing.

The stairs that threaten to toss everyone else on their head barely budge beneath Chrystosm's nimble feet. Higher up, the webbing thickens. A trap door in the ceiling has been webbed tightly closed, and a small cocoon of webbing wrapped around something has been stuffed into one corner at the top of the stairs.

Chrysto, I'll need a second check to get down.


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Othoe watches Chrystosm, impressed with his nimbleness on the stairs.

The things I gave up being a wizard. Too much time sitting in a chair studying books! I should pay more attention to myself!

"What do you see up there Chrystosm? Anything interesting?"


Dorial will cast light on her dart if she is unable to see into the room.


Dorial:
Outside, Dorial peers through the door to the north, her light illuminating the dank and dusty hallway. To the west are two closed doors side by side. A door almost directly across opens into a crumbled ruin of some sort, though the angle doesn't show much. To the east, the wall of the building has crumbled to ruin. Another dwarven statue stands open to the elements. This one's head lays shattered at its feet, though a stone hammer that accompanies the heads' shattered bits seems to be in one piece still.


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

"There's a trapdoor up there - it's covered with webbing, though. I bet we could scrape it off with Kast's pike! H'mm - there's something else here as well..."

Chrystosm retrieves the object hidden at the top of the stairs, then attempts to get down as dextrously as he got up...

Acrobatics 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

"Alley Oop!"

He'll knuckle your haid (crossbow your spidah?) before you count to fow-ah...


Running halfway down as the stairs crumble from beneath his feet, Chrystosm somersaults off as the last 10 feet fall to bits, doing a flip in the air just for fun. Laying the cocooned bundle in the center of the room.

Chrystosm:
Though Chrysto pulls off the daring feat with nary a waver or wobble, your lungs, unfit for such exertion, tighten for a moment and you are only just able to keep from hacking and coughing in front of the others. fatigued for 5 minutes

If the hero gig falls through, there's always the circus...


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast takes out his new dagger and helps see what was in the bundle.


Nearly perfectly preserved in the bundle, though sucked dry by the spider, are the remains of a small(size small) humanoid with a long snout. its gear, though, seems to be in fair condition, most likely because it was of no value to the spider. A small net is neatly folded in one pouch, 3 mushrooms of various colors are stored in another. Tucked into piecemeal armor (some of which looks like it may have been made from pieces that match what was left on the body outside) are 2 small books.


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Looking over Kasts' shoulder (or more likely through his legs) Othoe scans the contents with Detect Magic.

"I can take a look at those books if you like. Might be able to sort something out."

He looks at the remains, "Poor little guy. Didn't have a chance."


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast hands the books to Othoe.

"Here you go. Mind if I read them when you're done?"

Scholars study.


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Simon follows the dragging of the spider to the courtyard, and pokes at it a few more times, before settling dejectedly next to the carcass. His knees draw forward and his arms wrap about them as his eyelids droop close, a shivering twitch wracking his slight frame now and then.


Othoe and Kast: One of the books, covered in tree bark or something that looks very much like it, is locked, though it looks as if someone was prying at it. The other, written in a language neither of you immediately grasp, appears to be dated daily at the top of each page. Thumbing through, you are able to pick out a couple of words, "Hollow" and "Laurel" appear repeatedly in one section.


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

"So, a dead kobold with books? Doesn't seem normal. Perhaps we can get a rope up to the top and get that hatch open, what do you think Chrys?"


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

"I'd hate to destroy this lock... Does anybody possess the skills needed to pick this lock? Unfortunately it is not among my own talents."

Othoe frowns.

"What is this, Draconic? I don't suppose anyone knows that do they? Or have the Comprehend Languages spell handy? Again, not among my tools."

An interesting find, stymied! Othoe shakes his head in frustration.


Seemingly more curious about the rest of the structure, Dorial wanders over to the double doors just west of the well. Recasting her light spell, she peaks inside.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


Dorial wrote:

Seemingly more curious about the rest of the structure, Dorial wanders over to the double doors just west of the well. Recasting her light spell, she peaks inside.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Dorial:
Beyond the double doors is a small dark hall. Littered with mounds of debris and a year’s worth of dead leaves, it is clear that a narrow path winds inside. It is extremely quiet.

Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast looks up at the trapdoor.

"Yeah, we should definitely get up there. Truly, we can't leave any stone unturned."

Kast takes the silk rope that was just found and begins to test the lengths for strength, hand over hand, testing each of the 50'.

"This rope should work. Let's find a way up."

Kast begins to knot the rope and looks for a way to swing the rope over or around something to allow access to the higher levels.


Kast Phaer wrote:

Kast looks up at the trapdoor.

"Yeah, we should definitely get up there. Truly, we can't leave any stone unturned."

Kast takes the silk rope that was just found and begins to test the lengths for strength, hand over hand, testing each of the 50'.

"This rope should work. Let's find a way up."

Kast begins to knot the rope and looks for a way to swing the rope over or around something to allow access to the higher levels.

The silken rope appears to still be in good shape, with no section giving under the soldier's test pulls. After knotting the rope, looking for something to catch it on almost seems hopeless, but eventually A left over bolt is found protruding from the wall where the stairs once attached. The rotted wood pulled free, leaving the iron anchor still securely embedded.

ranged touch attack to hit it?


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

"I got this...right there!"

1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1 ranged touch

Kast grimaces he realizes he was standing on the rope with his good leg and chuckles nervously.

"Let me try again."

1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8 ranged touch

Kast watches the rope go wide.

"Weird, this old tower must be drafty. Let me try again."

1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16 ranged touch

"There you go...easy."


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Othoe watches Kast hook the bolt with the rope.

Wow, only three tries, well done!

"Well done Kast! That looked like a tough shot!"


with the rope apparently caught securely, will anyone scale the wall?


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Chrystosm, slumped against a wall and wheezing as quietly as possible, gives Kast a congratulatory grin, followed by a congratulatory fit of coughing.

"ACHUR HUR HUR HUR HUR HUR HUR. Cor, that's better. Which of us lucky chaps is going to climb up that thing? I would, but I'm feeling like a dwarf's jockstrap at the moment. Still, if needs be..." He flexes his muscles feebly.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast gives Chrystosm a look before realizing that he might be the right one to climb and lays his longspear against the wall and tests the rope one more time.

"I'll climb up. Nimeon, you got me covered with your bow, right?"

1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4 Climb vs. DC 5

Kast realizes that he has the rope tied around his foot and, laughing nervously, tries to climb again.

"Gotta use more of my arms when I climb."

1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16 Climb vs. DC 5

1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9 Climb vs. DC 5


Slowly but surely Kast makes it up to bolt. From there, he is able to see another handhold, and still one more that would bring him close enough to try to open the trap door. It is precarious business, however, but the spiders webs give some support if he's careful, allowing him to try to open the trapdoor, which pushes out.

acrobatics or straight dex check to reach and open the door without falling, please.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast tries to find a good foothold before pushing open the trapdoor, setting his good leg while letting his twisted left leg hang uselessly.

1d20 ⇒ 19 Reflex

"C'mon door, open!"


Used to fighting for purchase with less than optimal conditions, Kast is easily able to make it up into the webbing and push the door open into a dark dusty room. Once his eyes adjust, he is able to make out a form sitting stock still in the middle of the room.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast casts light, then makes sure the rope is secure for others who want to come up.

"Hello there."


No one answers, and it becomes clear why in the flare of the light. Sitting serenely, a stone hammer laying over his lap, sits a skeleton with its legs crossed, and it's arms hanging limply on top of the hammer head waits patiently for Kast an anyone else to enter.

Dust and mold anchor the bones together, keeping it upright, even through the minor thumps of battle that vibrated through the floor just minutes ago.

knowledge religion, heal check, history check


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Seeing Kast make the journey fairly easily, Othoe decides to join him.

If the lame can do it, so should I!

However, Othoe takes his time on the rope climbing...

Climb (take 10)=10 vs DC 5
Climb (take 10)=10 vs DC 5

He takes a deep breath for the jump.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

"Whew."

He draws his dagger and carefully enters the room behind Kast.

Knowledge, religion 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 MAX 10 (untrained)
Heal 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
Knowledge, history 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 MAX 10 (untrained)


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast jumps as Othoe comes into the room, settling down once Othoe comes into focus.

"Oh, it's you, Othoe!" Kast points at the skeleton. "Look at this."

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 Know (history)
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 Know (religion)

"There is something familiar about it..."

Scholars teach.


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

"I have you covered Kast, fear not."

Nimeon stands with his bow at the ready.

"What is it, what have you found?"


Kast:
The combination of the posture, the hammer in the man's lap, and the leather apron he still wears reminds you of the old stories of dwarven worshipers of Torag, god of the forge.

History calls the mountain that looms nearby Droskar's Crag now, but something tingles at the edge of your memory, and you suddenly remember that before that, before the Rending, it was called Torag's forge.


Kast:
The pose, the warhammer in his lap, as well as some of the carvings thereon, remind you of old religious text you've read regarding Torag, Dwarven god of the forge.

This nudges something in your memory, reminding you that while the Mountain that looms nearby is called Droskar's Crag, now, once it was called Torag's Forge.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast calls down to the rest.

"An old forgesman. Toragian from the looks of it...just another reminder of the history of this ruins. Let me toss it down, eh? We can give it a proper burial."

Yep, nothing ever goes wrong when I try to give things proper burials.

Kast will, if possible, tie the body up and lower it down, same with the hammer and any other gear/loot of interest in the room.

"Let's look around Othoe. Might be history nearby."


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Othoe casts Detect Magic and sweeps the smalls space after he helps Kast wrap the old bones.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


This must be the way down.

Dorial looks around the courtyard for the rest of the group. Still playing in the tower I see. Well best I go see what they're up to.

She heads back to the tower entrance and stands quietly, trying to catch up on the conversation.


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

The dejected Simon rises to his feet and shuffles slowly into the tower area, he's physically present, but mentally absent. He stares blankly at the activity going on, his face devoid of emotion.


Sense motive vs Simon: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Well it seems like he's back to his old self and the others seem to have it handled here. Well, whatever "it" is.

Dorial looks back to the double doors in the western part of the courtyard.

I don't see any harm in checking out those ruins while they finish playing with dead things. I can just leave some breadcrumbs.

Nodding to herself in reashurment, Dorial takes off to the double doors in the west. When she reaches the doors, she removes the shrunken head from her bag and speaks into it, its eyes opening when she finishes. She gives one last look over her shoulder before hanging the head on the door and heading inside.

Status:

HP: 10/10  
Subdual: 0 
Weapon(s) Equipped = shield, dart
Conditions = Light cast on dart  
Wind Blast = 7/7  
Druid Spells Remaining:  
0) Detect Magic, Create Water, Light, Purify Food and Drink  
1) Entangle, Speak with Animals, Whispering Wind


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast stretches out his back and legs, realizing that it seems like he's been standing over the bag of bones for days, and lets out a happy, audible *sigh*.

"About time we buried these, eh?"

We had a wonderful con weekend, but I'm totally blitzed, burnt, and broken...that's how I know it was good. GM Angry Ankheg, I know how much work you did this weekend and so please don't rush into coming back to this.


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

"Yes, a proper burial is the least we can do I guess. Best that he doesn't rise again after all."

Othoe grins weakly and helps to lower the bones.


Dorial wrote:

...Dorial looks back to the double doors in the western part of the courtyard.

I don't see any harm in checking out those ruins while they finish playing with dead things. I can just leave some breadcrumbs.

Nodding to herself in reashurment, Dorial takes off to the double doors in the west. When she reaches the doors, she removes the shrunken head from her bag and speaks into it, its eyes opening when she finishes. She gives one last look over her shoulder before hanging the head on the door and heading inside.

** spoiler omitted **

Dorial:
Heading back through the double doors, the light of your dart throws shadows across the walls, and the slight breeze from your step sends a scatter of leaves in around you, giving yet more motion to the shadows and light weaving through the darkness up ahead. The entry hall,littered with debris and the aged accumulation of leaves and dirt, is small, the sturdy stone walls, floor and ceiling almost claustrophobic in their insulation.

map

sorry, folks, more coming soon

851 to 900 of 4,787 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / "In Search of Heroes" gameplay thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.