Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

In Search of Heroes (Inactive)

Game Master verdigris

Play-by-Post game set in Darkmoon Vale, using the Pathfinder ruleset.


601 to 650 of 4,787 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Simon stays near the little fox, one hand always petting it, as he stares into the forest.

"That nesting box was built by someone for the falcons, our recent foe may have some companions nearby, stay alert everyone!"


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

"No doubt you are correct Simon. We must be near the camp of that foul beast."

Nimeon will use the bow but disguise it when he gets near others.


perception 20:
While looking more closely due to the position of the hawk's nexting box, you spot a camouflaged net strung vertically just before stepping into it.

perception <20:
Looking for signs in the tree tops, you miss the net strung between the trees. Entangled, the group pulls the net down around them, a jangle of ugly jarring notes ringing loudly in the forest, echoed even louder at the end of trip wires that were connected. reflex 14 save or entangled

The camouflage removed, the hobgoblin's camp is easy to see now. A fire pit sits near the center, a large pole hanging over it with bits of charred meat hanging off of it. Several river rocks sit positioned near the fire, one so close that one side is blackened with soot.

Also, I currently have Simon with the fox, Dorial sort of with the hawk and hawk tools, Nimeon with the longbow and Kast with the longsword. Who has (or did you take) the pretty stones, the dagger, and the armor


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast took the gear, happy to hump the stuff as it won't slow him down.

Soldiers hump.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 Reflex save


Dorial helps the others out of the netting.

"Be careful where you step, there could be traps."

Scanning the camp, she looks for signs of other hobgoblins. She also keeps an eye out for any food that the hawk might enjoy.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Kast:
The longsword and armor are of average quality or less, but the dagger seems particularly nice and particularly odd. It's blade is matte dark gray, the handle has the same runes as the bow. the blade has a faint smear of something very very like the fey blood/sap from the trees earlier


Dorial, though it's hard to tell from your position in the net (please make reflex save against being entangled in the trap), it appears to be a camp for one, or possibly two, but no more than that.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast examines the dagger before putting it and the sheathe on his belt, withdrawing it almost as it puts it on.

"Hey, look at this! There is the same blood as on those trees..." Kast eyes grow wide as he realizes what is going on... "HEY! This blood matches the icky blood!"

Kast offers the dagger to whomever wants to confirm what he sees.

"Ah crap. I feel icky now."

When people are done examining the dagger, he will thoroughly wash the dagger with Create Water and various leaves and sticks.

Gross.


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

"Watch out, there's a...nevermind."

Once the flailing stops Nimeon helps the others out of the net.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Oh yeah...

Kast uses his new dagger to cut himself out of the net.


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

The presence of the fox must have inspired Simon as he nimbly avoids the net trap that he failed to notice.

"Glad that was just a net" remarks Simon with a comforting pet to the fox, "after what that earlier trap did to Foxy here we should consider ourselves lucky."


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 18 Reflex 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

"Oh, blow this for a game of soldiers!"

Chrystosm, soaked to the skin and entangled in a net, is not having a good morning


The fox cowers and prances fearfully, whining and yipping at the fire then running away again. His foot, now healed, works fine.

The net, now in shreds in the one area, seems to encircle the camp, camouflaging its presence from a distance. There is a blind up a tree on the far side.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast kicks the net off him, somewhat disappointed that no one cares that the dagger had that weird blood on it. Kast surveys the camp while resting on his longspear.

"Let's give this camp a good toss and make sure there are no animals in trouble. Also, if anyone sees a hankie, I'd appreciate it."

Kast wipes his nose on his sleeve.

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19 Perception for loot and/or hankie


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

SORRY!!! My mother in law is quite demanding of my time. Damn houseguests...

Perception check 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 vs DC 20.

"Hey! oh, er. OK."

Othoe watches as some of the party gets dragged up into the net. He stays out of the way so as
not to be crushed when they eventually get free.

In the meantime, he watches for snipers ready to attack the helpless trapped.

"...er, Kast. I have Prestidigitation if that will help. I can clean off the dagger at least. I don't know if I can keep up with your nose."

Othoe has an image of following Kast around 'wiping' his nose with Prestidigitation every few moments...


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

"No, Othoe, I think I'll get off this grime and clean this dagger the old fashioned way. I doubt it is true, but I'll feel like it's cleaner when it's done by hand because the intent and effort therein 'cleans differently' than done with magic." Kast realizes that he's not explaining it right and tries again.

"Let me try to explain that again: if I clean it by hand, then I'm washing it away with effort and it's different than if it's given cleanliness by magic. The act of adding my labor to it adds value to it."

Kast wrinkles his nose as he thinks about what he just said.

"So yeah, I'll clean it by hand."

Kast walks to the river and cleans off the dagger, using a stick to wipe away any dried pieces. Standing he shakes the dagger dry.

*sigh* I wish I had a hankie with which to dry this.


Sorry, Kast, I completely missed the perception check
A long leather loop sticks out from beneath one of the riverstones. The haversack it is attached to is stuffed with what were once fine clothes. Cut long and thin, they would never have fit the hobgoblin, and he would undoubtedly never have used the hankie stuffed in one pocket, though he did apparently use the shirt to clean up after his use of the former owner.
The fox’s whimpering draw attention to a pile of delicate bones tossed near the fire pit that have been gnawed and sucked nearly clean.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast holds up the haversack and unpacks the belongings, looking for a name or an indication of the former owner.

"I think this hobgoblin hunted more than animals."

Feeling both serendipitous joy (at his discovery) and sadness (for the former owner), Kast holds up the yellow, with a delicate lace border that is reminicent of leaves, hankie.

Hmph.

Kast sorts through the rest of the clothes, looking for one that might be cut up for hankies for all.


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Simon walks over to investigate the pile of bones, petting the little fox and offering it comfort.

"Little one, was this your master?" Simon asks the fox, still petting it. "I suppose it would only be fitting to give it a proper burial."

Finding whatever tool he can, Simon starts digging a hole for burying the bones.

what time of day is it? would this camp be a suitable place for us to stay the night, or is it entirely too small?


There's room to stay the night, especially if one stays up in the blind. There is room near one of the trees to bury the bones.
Kast, the rest of the clothing (aside from the hankie) consists of a fine cotton blouse in a similar yellow, a soft leather vest with lacings, and leggings from a similar soft leather, none of which are wearable at this point.


The fox watches every move Simon makes with wide golden eyes. Staying just out of reach of the others the poor thing does not rest until the deed is done.

The closest thing to a spade is a flat stone that may have once been used as a plate.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Seeing Simon begin to dig with his hands and with stones, Kast remembers that he has a shovel in his backpack.

Kast twists off his backpack and digs the shovel out of the back.

"Here you go, Simon. Soldiers hump!" Kast smiles as he hands over the shovel.


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

"Thanks Kast!" Setting aside the stone, Simon gets to work with the shovel, digging a suitable hole, then he ceremoniously places the bones inside, stacking them with care. Once finished he shovels the soil back into the hole and places stones on top of it as a makeshift marker. Sitting beside the grave, Simon beckons the little fox over and pets it while letting the creature sniff about the grave of it's former master.


Once the grave is complete, the fox walks its perimeter, once, twice, then settles at it's feet. Curled up with his tail covering his nose, he keeps an eye on Simon, and shifts if he moves out of sight.

As the sun sets, the hawk flies down for a time, trying to land on Dorial's shoulder should she still wears the perch.

What's the verdict? Are you guys staying here for the night? If so, are you building a fire, who is staying where? will there be a watch, etc?


Dorial stands back and watches as the burial takes place. Nodding her acceptance, she strokes the hawk's chest now that he's come back down from the tree.

"This should be as safe as any other spot to camp for the night." She looks up at the blind, "That blind up there would be a good spot to keep watch from as well."

While talking, Dorial searches nearby for some wild flowers, and gathering them up into a bouquet, places them on the grave.

I'm up for camping here. I vote any special vision characters take middle watch while nimeon and dorial take first/last.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast takes note of the light and weighs it against the chance that they will find a better campsite later in the day.

"Sigh. Though I wished to press on, maybe it's better to sleep here tonight. This camp is ready made for us and we still have a ways to travel. We have fresh water too." Kast points to the stream.

"Hmm...I guess we should set up watches, eh? What do you all say to:

  • Nimeon and Kast, first watch.
  • Simon and Chrystosm, second watch.
  • Othoe and Dorial, third watch?

That will work, right?"

Kast begins to look for a spot to watch from.

Soldiers guard.


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

"That will work. Well done Kast, bringing a shovel. I fear this bow and that knife may once have belonged to the woman we've just buried."

One of my father's people?

Nimeon's hand twitches towards his head before he catches himself.

K. Local Untrained: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

"I don't recognize the gear."


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

"Watch rota sounds good"

Chrystosm inspects the charred meat.

"Given our late friend's general mode of living, I don't fancy tucking into that, but I've got a hole inside me the side of the Worldwound and I could really do with something to eat. Shall I start a fire, or is it jerky and trail mix for tonight?"


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

"Excellent plan Kast, I look forward to playing my part. Should one of us be always in the blind and the other on the ground?"

Othoe looks forward to keeping watch with Dorial.

I trust her more than the others, but I suppose if I got to know them all better... Still, they seem decent fellows, if a little nature loving.

Othoe chuckles at the joke in his head and looks for a decent spot to settle in for supper.

"I think we can risk a fire. This seems a fairly secluded place, and as far as I know, no one is after us."


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast nods to Othoe.

"Whatever you think is best Othoe. I'll probably use the time to practice my patrolling."

Soldiers go on patrol.

Kast shrugs his soldiery shoulders assuredly.

"Fire good."

* * *

During his time at watch, Kast will alternate between patrolling watch (marching the perimeter of the camp) and keeping a quiet watch with his back to a tree.

Soldiers guard.


The night passes quietly, save for the noise of snoring, perimeter stomping,and the occasional dream speaking from the members of the group. Sometime near dawn, the fox moves from his position at the foot of the grave and moves near Simon's sleeping, muttering form. Licking his nose, the animal curls up next to him and goes back to sleep again.

The hawk, having moved back to his nesting box in the night, flies off at the same time, coming back sometime as the camp awakes to drop a small rabbit at Dorial's feet.


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

The sleep is welcome relief for Simon. His soft snoring can be heard within moments of laying down and he's difficult to waken for the watch. In the morning he rises with the group, refreshed, but the same distracted look clouds his eyes as he absentmindedly pets the little fox.

Fortitude Save: 1d20 ⇒ 5


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

In the morning, Kast will rise at first light to begin is daily mantras and spearwork.

Using the net as his 'opponent', Kast will practice jabbing his spear though selected holes, each time trying to establish perfect technique.

I am the spear. The spear is my will.

"Heeee-BRC!" Kast punctuates a solid spear thrust with a vocal statement of intent.

I am the spear. The spear is my will.

"Heeee-BRC!" Kast again jabs forward, showing the net no mercy.

I am the spear. The spear is my will.

"Heeee-Gahhhh!" On this thrust, Kast's left leg gives away, slipping on the dirt, and his momentum causes him to tumble awkwardly into the net.

*sigh* I must be perfect.

Kast untangles himself and gets back into position to keep practicing.

"Heeee-BRC!"

I am the spear. The spear is my will.


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Chrystosm looks on for a few moments as Kast starts off the day with a spot of spear practice, then decides to speak.

"Kast, I don't want to poke my nose in where I'm not wanted, but can I show you what they beat into me back at the barracks? Try an overhand thrust, and push from the shoulders and hips - you don't have to go right through, after all, as a few inches of steel in the right place can do for anybody.."

If Kast doesn't object, Chrystosm will take a few moments to pass on a few tips about polearm use.

"You must have been through basic training at some point, at the very least - where did you serve?"


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast dumbfoundedly looks at Chrystosm for a moment, then looks to his undergrip on this longspear, then to Chrystosm, then back at his hand.

"What? Really? Overhand?! But the book from which I self taught said that the soldier held their spears like this." Kast shows the grip. "The book was written about a great fighter and sea captain. You've heard of Silvio Callgari Pazzi? Everyone loved Silvio, it seemed and he held his longspear like this."

Kast ponders the meat of Chrystosm's teachings.

"Well, let me practice it that way for a bit...with the thrusting with the shoulders and hips and overhanded." Kast spends a few moments trying out the stand and slowly going through the motions.

Once Kast has the motion down, he answers Chrystosm's other question.

"Served? No, I never served anyplace real. I was in the Sandpoint militia for a time. Fended off a goblin attack during our festival, but nothing much after that. I tried to join the Lastwall reserves. They..." Kast sighs and continues, "...they wouldn't take me. They saw my leg and said I'd never fit into their lines. They pretty much laughed me out of Lastwall. No, I never served anywhere...I doubt I'll ever be a soldier. Everything I know is either self taught or something I learned in a book or something I heard in a song or poem."

Kast blushes.

"I guess it's obvious, huh?"


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Still groggy, as he yawns and stretches, Simon overhears Kast's comment, "I doubt I'll ever be a soldier"

"Of course you will Kast, in fact, you're already a soldier. It's actions that matter and it's your actions that define you. You, Kast, have shown you're a soldier by your actions in combating this plague. In the last few days you've Defended, Battled, Patrolled, Practiced, Drilled, Protected, Practiced some more, Protected again, Battled again, Humped, Practiced, Guarded, and Practiced. I'd say you're a soldier for sure, one that even other soldiers would look to for direction. Maybe when this plague business is all over there will be a job for you in Falcon's Hollow as a watch captain. You can list me as a reference, I'll vouch for your dedication."


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

"You are right and wrong Simon. Soldiers serve in an army, they work for pay and possible king and country. You are no soldier Kast. You are a warrior. You fight for your own ideals, you are your own man. Today we are Kreed's soldiers, and the taste of that is foul in my mouth. Much better to fight your own battles."

Nimeon looks grim as he says this, the hand on his ear not covering the notch cut into the backside of it.

"A pack mentality can be a good thing if you agree with the pack. Best you don't find out what happens when you are different than the others around you."

He blushes at this last.

"I guess you already know. I'm sorry friends, I don't mean to preach, this journey has me out of sorts."

Too many bad memories.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast smiles and sheepishly thanks Simon.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 Bluff

I think Simon is getting sicker...he's feverish. I don't mean to be rude, but I'm getting more worried if he thinks I'll ever be a soldier. We should hurry...he's getting worse.

Sorry Simon. Kast is both in denial and worried.


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

hey, to a herbalist who wets his pants at the first sign of violence you sure do seem like a soldier :)


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast looks shocked when Nimeon piles on.

"I don't know. I just know that I'm not fighting with others to defend against some great evil. I'm just a guy in a forest sent to fetch herbs. A true soldier knows how to fight and how to guard. I ain't no soldier. Or warrior."

YET.


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

"Great evils start with small evils Kast. Imagine one of the workers here has a son who gets sick. In desperation he steals from Kreed. His son gets better but Kreed finds out and punishes that man. The son grows strong on thoughts of revenge, and in his quest for vengeance he turns to those who are even more violent than Kreed. He brings these men here and they kill Kreed, but they stay and turn out to be worse than Kreed was. Killing Kreed would solve many problems, but cause many more. The cycle would continue, until evil overwhelmed this area. We are doing our part to stop this, do not belittle your role in stopping the spread of evil in this world."

Wait, did I just talk myself out of killing Kreed? Son of a stag!


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

"Nimeon's right", agrees Chrystosm.

"Not to belittle your dreams, but you're already doing more good than most soldiers will in their whole lifetime. The problem with being in an army is you do what you're told or you stop being part of the army, which is fine if you're somewhere like Lastwall. If you're, say, somewhere in the south-west of Avistan, working for a woman who prefers her men horned and stinking of brimstone..."

He grimaces and stays silent for a few moments, then his expression changes and he looks faintly amused.

"Oh, I know the Silvio Calgari Pazzi book you mean!" He rummages around in his pack for a moment, then pulls out a tatty pamphlet. "I'm not sure it was referring to, ah, regular longspears when it gave you those instructions, though..."


Sitting in the blind, Dorial spends the early morning meditating while listening to the group below, one hand scratching the hawk's chest.

Once she finishes meditating, she calls down to the group below, "Not to intrude, but last time I checked Kast.. Soldier's protect those around them, and you've certainly done so with us."

She holds up the rabbit, recently delivered, "Would someone like to cook this up while I gather some more food for breakfast?"

Before tossing the rabbit down, Dorial drains and cuts one of the legs off for the hawk.

Status:

HP: 10/10
Weapon(s) Equipped = none
Conditions = None
Wind Blast = 7/7
Druid Spells Remaining:
0) Detect Magic, Create Water, Light, Purify Food and Drink
1) Entangle, Whispering Wind, Speak with Animals


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Othoe spends the last hour of his watch preparing his spells for the day.

Status:
HP: 7/7
Weapon Equipped = None
Conditions = None
Arcane Bond = Unused
Force Missile = 6/6
Wizard Spells Remaining:
0) Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
1) Color Spray, Magic Missile w/ Topple

I think, with this crowd, range is the plan. I should plan on using my sling more as well if need be.

He listens to the conversations about what makes a soldier and stays out of it.

Whatever Kast is, I'm certainly no soldier - and no judge of his lifestyle. People are too trapped by their labels. They should focus instead on their character and live up to that!

Othoe gathers up the rabbit. "I'll help cook. I'm not very good yet, but it's something I've been meaning to get better at. It always seems that I'm somewhere without a proper chef!"

Othoe grins and begins preparing the breakfast adding whatever Dorial provides to the mix. He'll use Prestidigitation to help spice up the meal at the end.


In the morning, with the sun coming from the opposite direction, and from the up in the blind, a circular clearing appears gouged out of the trees to the West.

Dorial finds a large berry briar, as well as several wild tubers and onions, more than enough to feed the party when added to the small rabbit from the hawk.

Dorial's survival check to find more food1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast practices a few more times with his longspear, trying to get the hang of what Chrystosm was trying to show him while his mind worked on the suggestions from Nimeon, Simon, and Dorial.

I'm pretty sure a soldier would be able to use this longspear to hit something other than netting. We'll see.

Kast practices a few times before pulling out his hankie to both wipe his nose and the sweat off his brow, done with his morning mantras and practice.

One day I will be perfect at this.

Smelling food, Kast finishes cleaning and stowing his gear before joining Dorial and Othoe for breakfast.

Did Simon give me my shovel back?

* * *

After eating, Kast will help clean up.

Soldier do KP.

"Let us go, we have a long way to go. Nimeon, do you still want point?"


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

As Simon chews slowly on his breakfast, the same distracted look crosses his face and seems to not even taste the food as he consumes it. Kast has to ask him twice about his shovel before Simon registers the request and retrieves the tool for him. "Sorry, Kast, I should have passed that back to you when I was finished yesterday."

Still petting the little fox, Simon asks Dorial if she may be wiling to use her arts to talk with the hawk and the fox. "We may gain valuable knowledge about the forest about us, and we could ask the hawk to seek out our next landmark, helping us make better time. And, well, I'd like to know my new companion's name?" Simon requests with a scratch behind the ear of the fox.


A marching order established (unless you say differently, I have Nim and Dorial up front, followed by Chrysto and Simon and Othoe, with Kast bringing up the rear), the group leaves the camp with the sad nameless grave and heads out. The day warms, and the sun is nearly overhead when the trees begin to thin again.

The sounds of the forest become suddenly distant as the trees part, opening into a small, almost perfectly circular glade. The nearest stands of pine, eyln, and darkwood—all typically sturdy woods—twist away from the clearing, as if bent by some impossibly strong wind or seemingly in an attempt to flee despite their paralyzed roots. At the glade’s center squats an ugly cottage, little more than a pile of twigs, shoots, and ivy stacked upon mud walls. From the thatched roof dangle bundles of gnarled roots, old dried beast carcasses, and knucklebone bangles, all clattering together like gruesome wind chimes. A dozen small thatched fetishes—each shaped like a tiny man, imp, or rearing serpent—stand propped in the yard, keeping guard before a rickety plank door.


Simon Shrewsbury wrote:

As Simon chews slowly on his breakfast, the same distracted look crosses his face and seems to not even taste the food as he consumes it. Kast has to ask him twice about his shovel before Simon registers the request and retrieves the tool for him. "Sorry, Kast, I should have passed that back to you when I was finished yesterday."

Still petting the little fox, Simon asks Dorial if she may be wiling to use her arts to talk with the hawk and the fox. "We may gain valuable knowledge about the forest about us, and we could ask the hawk to seek out our next landmark, helping us make better time. And, well, I'd like to know my new companion's name?" Simon requests with a scratch behind the ear of the fox.

argghh, didn't mean to rush you guys. Simon and Dorial, fit your conversation and activities in prior to my post, then we'll continue


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Simon gulps, emits a nervous squeak, and then implores Othoe, "A little cleaning please!" as the now familiar stain darkens his breeches.

Quietly to his companions, "My mother used to tell me stories of this place. "Don't venture too far or Ilzimula'll come sweep you away and stuff you in her cauldron! You're so sweet, she probably won't even have to candy you in honey and ants like she does old lumberjacks." she would say. When I got older I had thought the stories just a myth, but now I have to wonder? Maybe she really does eat people that happen upon her cottage. I'm not nearly as sweet as I used to be, it'll be honey and ants for me for certain!"

thanks to Andi for that great description above!

601 to 650 of 4,787 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / "In Search of Heroes" gameplay thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.