Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

In Search of Heroes (Inactive)

Game Master verdigris

Play-by-Post game set in Darkmoon Vale, using the Pathfinder ruleset.


451 to 500 of 4,787 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Dorial While it is a wonderfully diverse collection, there are several empty bottles, some of which look like they have been empty for a very long time.


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Fortitude Save: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Simon stands up from his chair on the cue to leave from Thaldrin.

"Thank you for the meal, Thaldrin, best I've eaten in some time. We'll be getting back to our work now, we've still much to do and not enough time to do it in, but isn't that always the case." Simon appeals to the man's worker mentality. "If you want to stack our work schedule with a task, maybe a cleaning of the well up here on the hill would be a better use of our time than taking the children to Elara, we can't have the leaders getting sick now and if it's anything like the well in the town square then it could certainly use it."

With that Simon waves a farewell to Kreed and heads out of the building with his companions, glad to be free of the lion's den.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0 Perception

Kast blissfully leaves Kreed's unaware of anything amiss, outside of the possible less happy parents and children.

Outside, he quickly agrees with Nimeon and Othoe about the need to proceed quickly on the finding herbs for Laurel.

What time of day is it? Time enough to begin our searching or probably best wait until morning?

"Nimeon, it's true you were born here, right? Your mom's place is around here? Should we go visit? Might we be better off splitting up and sleeping there as well? Might not be overburdening Laurel? Besides, I'd like to meet your dad!" Kast says, making conversation.


If you guys hurry, you could possibly get started today. I'm sure you could have made Elara's place in time, but noooo... ;)


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Simon stifles a cough and rubs his burning eyes as the party walks back down the hill.

"My friends, I know we have our task for Laurel, we should confirm the list of things she needs and gather our other friends, but after that I could really use a drink from the Sitting Duck. A mug of ale or three would be a welcome relief right now and it would give us a chance to discuss what we know and what our plan of action will be."

and it will give me a chance to rest my aching head


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

"Simon, I feel the pressure of time upon us. I think we should, as you say, check in at Laurels and collect the rest of our little group - but then we should press on immediately and try to collect some of the ingredients today while the light holds."

"After that, by all means, let us go for a pint. I'll even buy your first drink - with the very gold coin you gave me earlier today!"

Othoe makes it clear it's Simon's money after all, and not Othoe's.

With such a large group we will have difficulty remaining focused. Too many options for us all to pursue with our own unique skills! Yet we should stick together for our own collective safety. There is an agent out there acting against the town. An agent who has brought the plague here. With allies like Kreed, I can only imagine the evil such an enemy must contain.

Othoe shudders and picks up his pace - conscious that he is holding the party back with his short stride.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast agrees with the 'gnome'.

"We should probably check back with Laurel. She might even be glad we're safe. From there, we can see what they have learned and discovered and then make decisions based on the new data."

That'd be best, but a drink sounds good right now too.

Kast goes back to Laurel's.

* * *

At Laurel's, Kast will explain what happened at Kreed's in as much detail as he can remember, including the important stuff, like the quality of the vegetables served and the tenderness of the pork chops.

Oh yeah, he'll mention the children thing too.


The following will take place once the rest of the group returns to Laurel's from Kreed's.

"Welcome back everyone! Did the dinner go alright?"

Dorial listens to Kast's explanation of the evening's discussion, her eyes narrowing at Kreed's plan.

"He is such a horrible man, but I think Simon made the right choice. I believe that we are all in consensus about retrieving the needed ingredients to finish the cure. I've done some research, and thanks to Laurel and her mother's notes, I have a fair idea of where we need to go. The ironbloom mushrooms grow 'Beneath a mount of Droskar's soot.'"

She looks around at everyone in the hopes that the name rings a bell, "Has anyone heard of that place before?"

"The elderwood moss probably grows on the Elderwood Tree, but that's deep in the Darkwood and would take several days to reach.. at least"


knowledge History or Geography, or religion of 20 regarding Droskar?


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

"Droskar, you say?"

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 Know History

"Oh yeah! That's probably..."


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast begins to recant what he remembers of Droskar. His tone goes a bit more formal and scholarly as he speaks.

"Droskar's Crag is the huge mountain responsible for "The Rending" an explosive volcanic eruption some 800 years ago. It helped shape the area around us here. It was named by the dwarves that used to mine those mountains. While the dwarves moved on long ago, they say the ruins are probably still up there."


Kast Phaer wrote:

Kast begins to recant what he remembers of Droskar. His tone goes a bit more formal and scholarly as he speaks.

"Droskar's Crag is the huge mountain responsible for "The Rending" an explosive volcanic eruption some 800 years ago. It helped shape the area around us here. It was named by the dwarves that used to mine those mountains. While the dwarves moved on long ago, they say the ruins are probably still up there."

Laurel listens with rapt attention, her eyes wide. "How do you know so much about something so long ago?!"She shudders, visions of the world rent asunder and swallowing the village filling her head. "You don't think that could ever happen again, do you?"


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast abashes, a bit uncomfortable with the praise.

"Ah, naw...I just am a decent teacher. I tend to remember random stuff all the time. A big explosion is something that just stuck in my mind. I don't know enough about Golarion's tectonics to know if it could happen again, but my guess is that there would be ample warning. Lots of oracles and witches can see those things coming a long time away...in theory, anyway."


Dorial nods, seemingly agreeing with Kast. "I thought it may be a mountain, do know where it is, or a way to find out? I hope it's in the same direction that we're going."


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

At the talk of the volcanic eruption, Simon's parched feeling and longing for a mug of ale increases.

"Right, so let's go searching for these components that Laurel needs, and on the way out of town I beg that we stop for a least a few minutes to put down a mug of ale, I'm parched!"

Simon rubs his burning eyes again, appearing distracted to anyone that takes notice


"Yes, the sooner started, the sooner you can get back. But before you go, could you check on Fleur for me? Hers was the last of the soothing tea that I sent out and it was perhaps not as strong as the rest." Not waiting for an answer, Laurel moves efficiently in her own space gathering several things to give to the adventurers for their journey.

"Nimeon and some of you more well-traveled folk may be able to make your way on your own, but if you think you need help,especially for the deepest parts of the woods, you might seek out Milon Rhodam at the Lumber Camp. His sainted mother died when he was just a tiny boy and his father, a lumber scout for the consortium, took him on every survey trip he went."

Packing everything in the bag, she continues,"It isn't much, but this food should keep the pangs of hunger away. It isn't all that tasty, but if you're hungry enough, it will do. And should you injure yourself, this powder might help, but it isn't my best. It uhh, isn't pleasant, but it's better than dying." She flushes, still feeling guilty for the episode the previous day. "I wish I had better to send with you, I..." Shaking her head, smiling instead, "I can't thank you enough for doing this."

Laurel is able to give you two uses each of the food, and three uses total of the powder


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3
Simon Shrewsbury wrote:
"Right, so let's go searching for these components that Laurel needs, and on the way out of town I beg that we stop for a least a few minutes to put down a mug of ale, I'm parched!"

"There's always time for a quick jar", agrees Chrystosm, now fighting fit. "One for the road won't hurt!"

He'll spend a few minutes maintaining his weapons and equipment before following the rest of the party out into the road, saying a polite goodbye to Laurel as he leaves.


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

"That's most gracious Laurel, thank you for the provisions! I suggest Dorial carries the healing powders, but I can if people prefer it - or we can spread it around."

GM_Verdigris - how closely do you want us to track consumables like food and water. Do we need to account for every day, or just generally?

Following the others, Othoe casts Prestidigitation to clean himself up from the journey. He cleans off the minute flecks of dust from his jacket and pants. Satisfied, he enters the bar with the others for a 'quick pint'.

I've seen quick pints turn into all night drinking sessions with some folk. We must be careful.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast looks around at the preparations others are making.

"So...we're going to the mountains? We're going to Droskars?! Wow!" Kast begins to think what he needs to do to get ready.

"Do we need more food? This is enough for about two days, right?" Kast asks as he packs the offered food.

"Miss Lauren, can you tell me again what we're getting when we're there? Or describe it to me? And how much we need?" Kast has a serious look in his eyes as he really wants to do it right.

I want to finish this perfectly, just like Irori would.

"Do we want to leave now or in the morning? I'm guessing the morning so we have time to get our provisions..." Kast looks at Simon and makes the drinky-drinky sign (thumb and pinky extended near the mouth), "...our provisions set up tonight, and we can leave at 2nd light in the morning."


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Simon blinks away the burning in his eyes and agrees whole-heartedly to a quick jar, acquiring provisions, and leaving in the morning. He almost even leaves Laurel's without a goodbye, but catches himself just before stepping out the door.

"Laurel, thank you so much again for all your help. We'll do everything we can to acquire the requested items. We hope to see you soon." With a warm hug, Simon departs Laurel's home, his mind already on the pints at the Sitting Duck. Returning the drink sign to Kast, Simon concurs, "I need a few pints badly, my friend, and perhaps a small cask for our journey to the Droskars."

Why couldn't I have been quicker, more skilled, things could have been different!


Othoe I don't expect minute tracking, but if you get lost in the woods, then it will come into play, so knowing at least what you're starting out with is good

Kast
”It’s Laurel, Kast she says, her brow furrowing with concern. She searches your face for any sign of spider contact, but seeing none, she continues, “Yes, I need you to bring me as much of everything as you can. You’re looking for Rattail root, ironbloom mushrooms and elderwood moss.”

Simon
"I have faith in you, Simon," she says, returning the hug with a squeeze for good luck. "and in all of you. Stay safe out there, the woods are not to be taken lightly."

__________________________________________________________________________

Eli works outside The Sitting Duck, looking up as you approach but making no signs of stopping. Inside, Brahm busily pulls down stools and wipes tables. Looking up as you enter, he stops, his expression serious, “Sorry, Simon, I haven’t sent out today’s batch just yet. Still, come in and I’ll get ya set up.” His nod seems to include the entire group.

Setting mugs of a frothy fragrant brew in front of you, he pauses, “Is it true what they say, that the well was poisoned?” He wipes his hands on his ever present towel, worry clearly writ on his face.


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

"Thanks, Brahm, I've been needing a pint!" Simon drains the entire mug in a single tilt, small puffs of steam escaping his nostrils as he does so. "Another, good sir, if you would be so kind."

Addressing the barkeep's concerns, Simon continues. "And don't worry on the well, we found buckets full of blackscour growing in there, but my friends here did a great job cleaning it up, all while dangling on ropes with Kreed questioning us above. Put out the word, my friend, these folks have done good for Falcon's Hollow!" Simon puts a hand each on the shoulders of Othoe and Chrystosm, giving the men a little shake for emphasis. "And I wouldn't call it poisoning, the infestation is strange, surely, but let's not jump to any conclusions, things like that can happen naturally from time to time."

Turning to his friends, a bit of color returning to his cheeks, Simon offers up a wan smile and a fumbling apology, "Sorry for my distraction of late, I haven't quite felt like my usual self." Seeing the concerned looks in Kast, Nimeon, and Othoe, "Don't worry! It was affecting me before we ate at Kreed's place, I'm sure there's nothing for you to worry about. It might just be..well..it could sort of tie back to...ah...nevermind, a little rest and I'll be right as rain."

"Say, Brahm, we've a little expedition to take to get some supplies for Laurel, could we trouble you for some biscuits and honey for the road, and maybe a small cask of ale to keep us from getting parched?"


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))
GM_Verdigris wrote:
Setting mugs of a frothy fragrant brew in front of you, he pauses, “Is it true what they say, that the well was poisoned?” He wipes his hands on his ever present towel, worry clearly writ on his face.

Best avoid a panic.

"It is true the well was... infected. However, it may well have been a natural infection - who can say? Certainly we have no evidence that someone poisoned the well as you say. I would put it out of your mind for now and be happy the well is clean again. As Simon says, all is well."

...for now.

Othoe sips his drink almost daintily and cleans his mouth after every sip - but he does not shy away from it. He finishes quickly and considers his next move.

"We should bring along more food just in case we're longer than we expect. As Kast suggests, let us equip tonight and leave early tomorrow. Simon, may I sleep in your home again tonight?"

Assuming an affirmative reply Othoe continues, "Well then, I shall be off to gather what supplies I can. See you all later."

Othoe walks throughout the town purchasing additional rations (3 more days if available?) and filling his skin with a decent wine if he can get it. Water if not. As he travels, he pays attention to the eaves of the buildings watching for more of the spores. When the light fades, he returns to Simon's home to sleep early.

The next morning he awakes and spends some time considering his spellbook, but changes nothing in memory. He utilizes Prestidigitation to accomplish his morning routine and, refreshed and crisp, looks for the rest of the party to begin the trip.


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

"Of Course, Othoe, all of you, my friends, are welcome to stay at my place, for as long as you stay in Falcon's Hollow, even after this threat of plague has passed, Gods willing."

Remembering Laurel's request, Simon turns back to the barkeep. "Brahm, Laurel had asked us to check in on Fleur, how is she doing?"


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast looks in his pack an pulls out a scrap of paper and his inkpen to jot down the list of ingredients.

"Laur-*el*" Kast asks (stressing the last syllable) before he sets ink to paper, "you seem to have a lot books here. Might you have a spare blank (or mostly blank) journal around that I could use?" Kast thinks about his nearly empty coinpurse and wonders about splurging on a journal.

I could tell so much...this might be all the adventure I ever have. I want to keep track of it! Like a soldier-scholar!

* * * *

Kast will also look to purchase 3 additional days of food, meting out some of his precious little coin to make the purchase.

When this is done, I'd better be able to find good work. I don't want to have to go work for boss Kreed. Irori, help me find better options!

Kast counts his rations carefully: 5 'normal' trail rations and 2 wandermeals.

And Irori grants me water...I should be fine. As long as nothing tries to kill or eat me.

* * * *

Kast lifts his cup of ale for a quick toast to his new friends and wishing good luck for the journey they are about to embark upon.

"May Irori grant us a perfectly successful expedition."

Kast drinks deep, enjoying the ale.

Might be the last one for a long time.


Dorial nods her approval at Othoe's suggestion, "I would be more than willing to carry the powder. I also may be able to supplement our rations if I could find some fresh berries."

She turns to Laurel, "Would you have any that I could take?"

-------------------------

She says her farewells to Laurel as she heads out with the others to the tavern. There, she only has one mug of ale and sips it while listening to the others converse.

Well, after a few days in this down I will finally be back in the wilderness. I only wish that it was for a better reason.

--------------------------

Dorial accepts Simon's offer to stay at his place and makes herself comfortable in the garden area again, this time making sure there is no fungus around.

In the morning, she prepares new spells before heading out with the rest of the group.

0- Level (un-changed)
1st - Level
*Goodberry
*Entangle
*Whispering Winds (Domain)


Kast: Laurel is more than happy to gift you with 3 “somewhat used” journals for your travels that she pulled out of what you guys cleaned up in the attic. Two were here mothers, one of them quite old. The third apparently belonged to her brother, Aris. Between the three, there are 100 blank pages.
Othoe: Eventually, you are able to find someone to sell you the rations you are looking for. The town, while friendly, is suspicious of outsiders, and with the illness, a lot of people are stockpiling their foodstuffs in case they get sick.
Dorial: Laurel has given the group all of the wandermeal and trollsteptic that she can spare. Who carries what is left up to all of you.

Simon: Brahm nods quietly, “Aye, you can go see her. She is upstairs in her room.” He swallows hard, “Just the one of ye, though, ya? She’s not well.” He only goes up as far as the landing, but points out the door. “I don’t really understand it, I’ve made sure she took the tonic from Laurel every day, just like she said. She was getting better and then, last night, the coughing came back again.” As if having heard the poor man, an ugly wracking cough shudders from the other side of the door, followed by a soft high pitched wheeze.

You guys can decide who goes up, if anyone, but Brahm will only allow the one person.


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Simon starts up the stairs, but stops at the sound of the wheeze. Looking at Brahm and his companions, "Maybe it's best if we didn't disturb her? One of us getting sick won't help anything and that room doesn't sound like a healthy place to be right now. The best thing we can do is to get the things Laurel has requested with all haste and get them back here where they might do Fleur some good."

Heading back down the stairs, Simon looks gravely at his friends. "I fear our mission for Laurel is more than a jaunt in the woods or an exploration of local historical sites. This is going to be a race against time, with lives hanging in the balance. Let's get our supplies and get to bed early, I aim to depart town before the morning sun crests the hill and Kreed or anyone else can delay our departure."


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

Earlier

"My mother's house? No Kast, we will not be staying there."

Nimeon's eyes darken.

"My father doesn't live there. My mother lives with her husband, and there is little joy to be found there for me. Ever since the incident...no, it is better not to speak of it. My father lives in the woods. Ask me no more my friend."

"I need to run a few errands, it won't be long and I'll meet you before we head out of town."


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast packs the journals very carefully in his waterproof sack, excited about a chance to record his 'adventures' and thoughts.

"Thank you Laurel. It's very generous and helpful. Are you going to want these back? Are the notes therein important or private? If so I can try to transfer them carefully from one journal to another? Or should I carefully cut them out?"

Kast is grateful and doesn't want to destroy Laurel's property but is concerned about the other writings in the journals.

* * *

Kast finishes his drink quickly and rises from the table even as Simon returns after deciding against visiting Fleur.

"I'll go. I'll go because I need to see what I'll be fighting for. It isn't against orcs or gnolls or even a threat that I can see, but because I want to know who I'll be saving when this is all done."

Kast pauses as his mind sparks differently, turning what he just said in a different direction.

"Actually, let me correct that...I'll go because Fleur needs to know where we are going and why. She needs to know hope and that things *can* get better. She needs to know that people want her to keep fighting so she doesn't give up. That's also why I go."

Kast will slowly march to Fleur's room, shaking in his confidence and afraid of what he might see.

"I'll be back."

Kast knocks on Fleur's door and announces himself quietly.


Kast Phaer wrote:

"Thank you Laurel. It's very generous and helpful. Are you going to want these back? Are the notes therein important or private? If so I can try to transfer them carefully from one journal to another? Or should I carefully cut them out?"

“All knowledge is important, Kast, but those are just old family journals, filled mostly with tedious day to day minutae, I would guess. Transferring the information would take time, and time is in rather short supply for us. When you return, we can see about copying any important information. Please don’t tear them apart, please. "

* * *

Kast Phaer wrote:
Kast knocks on Fleur's door and announces himself quietly.

“Who’s …there? Hello?” The room is dark and small, but does contain an actual bed, mounded with blankets. The small girl breaks into another round of coughing, continuing until she has no breath left. The resulting sucking “whoo-op” sound is as bad as the cough, but she tries again none the less, her voice feathery and raw “hello?”


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast opens the door slowly, announcing himself as he does.

"I am Kast. I'm here to help, if I can." Kast says as he takes a look at the girl, his stomach tightening with resolve and fear for what he might see.

Oh, *that's* Fleur?! I thought her name was 'Fleun'. She was so nice to me before.

Kast moves to near her bedside and kneels down on his good knee, having to consciously push his bad leg at accept the position.

"Fleur? Do you remember me? My name is Kast. And I remember your kindness to me on my first day in town. I'm going tomorrow to repay your kindness, but I need you to promise something to me, Fleur. I'm going off to find ingredients to cure your sickness. Me and Simon and Nimeon and others have been working with Laurel to find a cure. I'm going to go do this, Fleur. I promise I'll be back. I need you to promise to hang on until I get back, okay?"

Kast puts his hand to Fleur's forehead and strokes her hair gently, trying to offer some comfort.

"I need you to stay strong, Fleur. I need you to keep fighting this illness until I get back. We are going up to Droskar ruins to gather some ingredients. Don't you worry...you're under my protection now."

Soldiers protect. That's what soldiers do.

Kast uses his long spear as a brace to rise, wincing at the pain from his leg.

"I will be back soon, Fleur."


Kast Phaer wrote:

Kast opens the door slowly, announcing himself as he does.

"I am Kast. I'm here to help, if I can." Kast says as he takes a look at the girl, his stomach tightening with resolve and fear for what he might see.

Oh, *that's* Fleur?! I thought her name was 'Fleun'. She was so nice to me before.
Kast moves to near her bedside and kneels down on his good knee, having to consciously push his bad leg at accept the position.

"Fleur? Do you remember me? My name is Kast. And I remember your kindness to me on my first day in town. I'm going tomorrow to repay your kindness, but I need you to promise something to me, Fleur. I'm going off to find ingredients to cure your sickness. Me and Simon and Nimeon and others have been working with Laurel to find a cure. I'm going to go do this, Fleur. I promise I'll be back. I need you to promise to hang on until I get back, okay?"

” Ka-z? I remember y…” The girl struggles to sit up, feebly reaching out a hand. ”D-don’t…I’m s…” she breaks off, her voice failing as another coughing fit shakes her small frame. It is a long moment before it is over, and she tries again, her voice a mere whisper “…hear…me” spellcraft 12?

Kast Phaer wrote:


Kast puts his hand to Fleur's forehead and strokes her hair gently, trying to offer some comfort.

All it takes is the gentlest touch to force the poor thing back onto the mound of pillows and blankets situated to ease her coughing and hopefully let her rest. Her forehead burns with fever, her cheeks are flushed with it. Even her breath seems heated by the hellish fires of the plague that holds her captive.

Still, what words she has are for another, “Help …please. Eli..Take care… him.” the voice is stronger, somehow, a little stronger. She tries to shake her head, but stops almost immediately, the motion bringing on a fit of dizziness that has her clutching for anything close to hold until it passes. “I’m…fine…” she tries, giving a twisted little smile, but even she doesn’t believe it now.

Kast Phaer wrote:


"I need you to stay strong, Fleur. I need you to keep fighting this illness until I get back. We are going up to Droskar ruins to gather some ingredients. Don't you worry...you're under my protection now."

Soldiers protect. That's what soldiers do.

Kast uses his long spear as a brace to rise, wincing at the pain from his leg.

"I will be back soon, Fleur."

”Kast …stay..strong…do…n’t...worry” She knows words are missing, so many, but it’s all she can manage. Her energy spent, she watches the soldier struggle to his feet. Taking as deep a breath as she dares through her chapped lips, she gathers what strength she can and reaches out. Brushing his cheek with one hand, she whispers once more before letting desperately needed sleep claim her, ”thank…you.”


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast smiles with concern as Fleur responds to him.

"Save your strength, Fleur. I hear you and you can be sure that I'll take care of Eli. You and he are important to me...and I just need you to hang on. I'll be back soon enough." Kast reaches over to stroke her hair again. "You both will healthy again, soon enough."

No spellcraft.

Kast turns to leave, a determined look on his face, turning back to Fleur as she tries to thank him. With a forced smile, Kast answers, "You can thank me when I return and you have your legs under you."

Kast turns away, limping towards the door, small tears forming in his eyes.

I won't fail you. Soldiers don't fail. When soldiers fail, people die...and I won't let that happen.

Kast closes the door quietly behind him and returns to the common area, trying to blink away the tears before he reaches the bottom.

His left leg clumsily clumping down the stairs, Kast limps back to the table and speaks simply to the group. "Fleur looks weak and feverish, but I believe she will hold out for our return. We must not waste time...lives like hers are too precious. We leave at first light." Kast looks at Simon and Dorial.

"Simon, Dorian, you *do* know where we are going, yes? I don't know the way too well and would hate to get lost. Can we get there directly or do we need to find directions?"


Dorial looks down when Fleur's status is relayed, "I don't think I'd be able to guide us directly there, but I could possibly point us in the right direction. Didn't Miss Laurel mention something about a guide that should know the woods around here fairly well? Milon I think his name was. Perhaps we should seek him at the lumber camp."


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

"I know the general area well enough, but it's easy to get lost in the wilderness without someone that knows the trails and landmarks. Seeking out Milon is a good plan, we can't afford the time being lost would cost us."


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

"Will we need anything else - shelter, for example? Where would we find a tent at this short notice, or will we just have to rough it?"


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))
Chrystosm wrote:
"Will we need anything else - shelter, for example? Where would we find a tent at this short notice, or will we just have to rough it?"

"I think we'll be roughing it my friend. Tents are expensive and there are a lot of us. Fear not though, the sky can make quite a peaceful blanket if the weather holds."

Knowledge, local 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 to know where Milon lives.


Laurel mentioned that he could be found "at the Lumber Camp". To those from town, that means the primary camp. Nimeon could probably find it with no problem, Simon would get you fairly close, and those that aren't from town can roll a survival check to see if you passed it on your way into town.


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

"Let us stop at the lumber camp then on our way. Laurel said that's where Milo should be. Who can lead us there?"


Assuming everyone else is onboard with going to the Lumber Camp first, we’ll pick up just outside of the camp, just before noon the next day, but we need to do a little bookkeeping first:

Chrystosm, Simon, Kast: I need a fort save please.
Chrystosm and Simon, I will need a second one from each of you.

You are unable to find a tent, but Brahm digs out a couple of old oil cloths to use as tarps. They’ll keep you dry, but not much else. Do any packing, buying, etc and off we go...

The Lumber Consortium Camp cuts an ugly scar of stumps into a dense stand of proud darkwood trees. Five sturdy-looking log buildings— seemingly a bunkhouse, meal hall, office, barn, and smithy—stand with numerous wide carts and sleds amid the sawdust-covered clearing. The noise and stench of humanity, absent for the last few hours of the trek, return, and the scab of a clearing in the midst of woods is no surprise by the time the trees thin and overtread paths become plain.


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

I did make one here - Post #448 , but I assume that this is different, so:

Fort save 1 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Fort save 2 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Yes, this is different. each of the two things you were exposed to required two.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 Fortitude save

Kast marches with purpose towards the lumber camp, using his longspear as both a cane and walking stick. The longspear in his right hand matches cadence with his twisted left leg and he tries to make up for his lack of speed with an unflagging pace and single-minded drive to get to their destination.

* * *
Arriving at their destination, Kast looks to the group.

"Who are we supposed to meet again? Milod? Does anyone know what he looks like? Simon?"

Kast looks around for someone who looks to be in charge or might be able to provide directions.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 Gather Information on Milon
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 Gather Information on Droskar Ruins


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

All this land, lost to nature and taken over by cruelty. They could easily take only what has died and plant new forest, but they will not.

"Milos I think she said. No sense wasting time. Be on your guard all, these men are not likely to take our intrusion kindly."


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

1st Fortitude Save: 1d20 ⇒ 15

2nd Fortitude Save: 1d20 ⇒ 4

During the trek to the logging camp, Simon resumes his distracted, quiet demeanor, a change from the man who first greeted his new friends at the tavern a few days ago.

Once at the logging camp Simon rallies his energy for the task at hand.

"Yes, Milon is his name, hopefully he remembers me from town." Simon seeks out Milon among the workers in the camp, offering up his usual jovial nature as a way to ease any tensions.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


The place hustles with activity and orders flying back and forth. At first no one takes the time to listen much. But eventually, someone recognizes Simon, and points the group in the right direction.
Milon Rhoddam, a blunt, quiet man, is known as one of the most experienced wanderers and woodsmen in the region.

Working in a small office in the back of the bunkhouse, he looks up as the group enters, “What do you want?” While often quiet, he’s not known for being an especially rude individual. His face, forlorn and miserable, is drawn, and his clothes hang on his frame. “Come on, speak up. If you’re looking for work, the foreman is in the mess hall.”


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

"Sorry sir, but we're looking for you I think. Is your name Milon? Laurel Planrick sent us to find some much needed ingredients for her medicinals. She needs a few specific things to combat the sickness that is going around."

"However, we don't know the woods like you do. It wouldn't do if we were to get lost and wander around for days while people get sick, and possibly die. Will you help us? Our need is great!"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

He looks a little like he's already survived the illness. Poor guy is half starved!

Othoe resists the urge to clean him up and feed him. ...for now.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast chimes in.

"Specifically, we need to get to the Droskar ruins. Might you be able to help? With the right medicinals, we might be able to cure a lot of townsfolk."

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Diplomacy to aid Othoe


"yes, I'm Milon, but I'm..." Milon breaks off as hears about the plague. "Oh, sorry, I didn't realize...Yes of course!" but his face blanches, "I mean, I'd like to guide you, but I don't have time. I'm sorry." the man begins to pace, worry clearly writ in his motion.

451 to 500 of 4,787 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / "In Search of Heroes" gameplay thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.