Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

In Darkest Times (Inactive)

Game Master Magnu123

In short, this homebrew was intended for beginner GM's. The story contains a variety of elements in sequence that gradually go through different terrains, battle situations, and other challenges to allow a DM to become familiar with the rules.


1,551 to 1,600 of 1,704 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>

Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

Likewise forgot


Male Human Arcane Sorcerer 7

Thervold just can't get a break. The ringing does him no favours and continues like an ice pick into his skull: Save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Alric wakes in the middle of the night. after any healing done before you rest, but also note that full rest is not possible (no spells regained, abilities replenished, etc. His head aches. He sees Thervold standing away from the group absentmindedly digging into the crystal, creating a grating noise. The two of them notice a light further down into the tunnel, it is bobbing back and forth as though dancing. Thervold is mesmerized by the light and feels compelled to find their source. His better judgement is thrown to the wind. He nearly kicks over the rest of the group on his way past to get further into the tunnel. The group is awoken to Thervold's raving "Can't you hear it? It's like an alien world! "

Alric and Thervold:
1 Wisdom Damage


raging-->hp -/- non raging-->62/62

"Where are you two going?"


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6
Guthar wrote:
"Where are you two going?"

Teriwyth blinks awake, seeing thervold charging off into the darkness he conjures a set of dancing lights to chase after him while he rises to his feet.


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

Well, don't just charge it! Alric rants, the sound itching at his ears.


Thervold acknowledges Alric's suggesting with a hand wave. He seems hell-bent to get closer to the source, but he's not being co-erced as far as you can tell.


Thervold:
You run past the group at full tilt, feeling a need to be closer to the source of the sound, to be a part of that source. You come to an open chamber and you can see a small creature flitting about in the air on butterfly wings. This creature is the source of the light. In it's hand it holds a strange machine of some sort that you can't identify. As it continues to move about the room, it illuminates four others using other unusual contraptions that you can't identify. You go to enter the room, but you smack into a sheet of transparent crystal, which casuses a reverberation. The group sudden looks up to see you there. They stand and one reaches out to the wall and the crystals begin to glow around the room. Like a wave, the light moves over the crystals surrounding the room, and past you in the direction that you came from. The group withdraws from the large cavern out a tunnel in the opposite direction. Your desire to find the source is sated for now and you can return to the group


Male Human Arcane Sorcerer 7

There is some sort of creature in there. Like a pixie but I sense no ill will from it. It lit these candles except they weren't candles but some sort of machines. What madness is this place?!?!?


raging-->hp -/- non raging-->62/62

"I hope he is still ok when we catch up to him."
Guthar finally decides to pursue Thervold.


Female Human Monk 7

Crazy people, can't they just sleep through the night?
I run to catch up with them, after picking up my weapon.


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

Alric stumbles down the tunnel, hampered by his fingers still stuffed in his ears.


You come to the large cavern Thervold described, but you find yourselves unable to simply walk in. There is a transparent layer of crystal between you and the chamber. A quick inspection tells you that it's made of harder stuff than most of the surrounding cavern.


raging-->hp -/- non raging-->62/62

Is there a way to identify the crystal?


k(arcana or engineering)

DC 15:
This is a unusual material indeed. Very hard, yet completely transparent. Not a natural substance obviously.

DC 20:
This is a magically enhanced material formed from the adjacent rock and altered on a base level. Hardness is 25.

DC 25:
Though hard, the material is incredibly thin. HP is only 4

DC 30(arcana):
This is a living material, not unlike an elemental. It is constantly growing and shaping itself. It could also be potentially commanded by those who know how. This also suggests that the entire cavern is essentially one macro-organism.

DC 30(engineering):
This material can be moulded easily with the right amount of heat or the right kind of sound, making it a potentially invaluable building and crafting material, may be worth as much as 250GP per pound to the right buyer.


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6

Kn Arcana 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22

Kn Engineering 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Teriwyth walks up and touches the barrier with the tips of his fingers, raping his knuckles on the surface he says "This material is extremely tough and requires an extraordinary amount of force to break it."


Male Human Arcane Sorcerer 7

Kn Arcana 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21:

I'm not sure what would shatter this. Should I risk a lightning bolt?


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

Would lightning even be a good clearer? It's not like you see lots of lightning craters. Even acid might not affect crystal, if its anything like glass.


raging-->hp -/- non raging-->62/62

"Anyone have mining pick or a similar item?"


Not to influence the group's decision, but trying something might be a more effective way to gauge if it will work than talking about it


raging-->hp -/- non raging-->62/62

I am willing to go with the typical barbarian tactic of smashing. I just prefer a mining tool instead of my weapon, if anyone has one. :)


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6
Guthar wrote:
I am willing to go with the typical barbarian tactic of smashing. I just prefer a mining tool instead of my weapon, if anyone has one. :)

"I am not usually one to carry around mining equipment with."

Thought you were going to take the charges, heal back 64 dmg. Is anyone else still roughed up?

Healing Guthar:
Wand of Cure Moderate - 40 Charges

2d8 + 3 ⇒ (5, 5) + 3 = 13
2d8 + 3 ⇒ (4, 6) + 3 = 13
2d8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 4) + 3 = 8
2d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 6) + 3 = 11
2d8 + 3 ⇒ (8, 8) + 3 = 19


raging-->hp -/- non raging-->62/62

It seems I forget to roll for the charges. Thanks.

I will try to use my scythe against the crystal.

"Well I guess it is time to see if I can force my way through."

Attacking the crystal:2d4 + 11 ⇒ (4, 2) + 11 = 17

I am assuming no roll is needed. If it is feel free to roll the attack roll for me.


Guthar takes a swing at the crystal, striking well, but the force is bounced back against him, rattling his bones. The scythe is loose on it's handle now, but still functional. The reverberation of the crystals sends a wave through the entire cavern. It does not seem unstable though; it is like slapping your hand against water and watching those ripples circle outward. The light in the area increases as well, seeming like the entire place is awakening to the sound of your banging.
5 damage of backlash sustained by the scythe (after hardness), meaning it has 15 HP left before being destroyed


raging-->hp -/- non raging-->62/62

"I only have one of these, and I am not going to break it on a wall."
Guthar steps aside so someone else can try something.


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6
Guthar wrote:

"I only have one of these, and I am not going to break it on a wall."

Guthar steps aside so someone else can try something.

"Well.....I do have a spell that could possibly break through this barrier, though if I did I would be unable to cast another Haste spell."


Male Human Arcane Sorcerer 7

Short of throwing rocks, I have no idea. I suggest you use your spell Guthar. If it doesn't work, I'll try a scorching ray.


He meant Teriwyth.


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

Maybe we could try the rocks. No one cares if we break the scenery.
I also have some flasks acid and fire to.....

Alric trails off as he looks at the walls.
And what's going on with the walls anyway? They lit up when you hit the barrier.
Knowledge arcana 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Alric:
This is a magically enhanced material formed from the adjacent rock and altered on a base level. Hardness is 25. You assume the light is a magical response to stimuli


M Anglo Australian

I search for any small holes or branches in the surrounding tunnel. Or really anything else interesting or odd near by.
Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27


Female Human Monk 7

Grrr, why can't these forums have default alias per subforum?


Edelle:
Edelle goes back towards where the group had set up camp for the night. As the impulse of light continues to ripple out in front of her, she has to blink and rub her eyes to ensure that she is seeing what she is seeing: The tunnel back in the direction they came is slowly collapsing in on itself. The entire crystal formation is contracting together as though to swallow your group into it. The process is slow, but it appears that your groups choices have now become limited to breaking through to the other side of the wall, or being crushed.


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6

Im here, I was wanting to hear if anyone else had another solution before I nuke the wall


raging-->hp -/- non raging-->62/62

I don't have any ideas. Guthar would vote for the nuke. :)


Female Human Monk 7

Guys, it go forward or die. Let's move it. I'm pretty sure those shadowy techniques I learnt before the rodeo aren't much good against crystal. And I'm out of other options


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

now or never. Nuke the wall, if it stands, I have some knives to chip at it that i won't mind losing.


Male Human Arcane Sorcerer 7

Do it Teriwyth!


You all step back as Teriwyth unleashes a blaze on the wall. For a moment you can see the fractures in the crystal exactly where Guthar had struck a moment before. You can tell that your assaults are weakening the wall's resistance. One more hit should do it. The ambient light in the cave increases and gains a red tint to it. Finally, the collapsing tunnel behind your group speeds up in response to the hit. You don't have long now.


Male Human Arcane Sorcerer 7

Alric, hit it with your knives. That should finish it off.


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

Producing two daggers from his pocket, Alric charges them with magic energy and attacks the wall.

Arcane strike, assuming a hit
damage 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
damage 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Alric chips into the wall and it yields, not so much shattering as folding in and making an opening. With your second strike, you almost fall through. The light in the room clarifies again and you are all but shoved through the opening as the tunnel collapses behind you. As you gather yourselves, you hear an approaching buzzing sound from a hallway opposite this large chamber. The buzzing sound melds perfectly and inextricably from the sounds of the hills themselves. After a moment, a tiny nymph-like creature flits into the room on dragonfly wings. It speaks rhythmically, in a way that you find very odd, but pleasing somehow

"Greetings to you
to you my friends
I hope that this sawng
will make amends
for the way that we came to be here with you
greetings to you my friends! "

The creature flits about the room, leaving magical sparks tailing behind it as it moves.

"I am Jingles,
and the ringles,
in your eangles,
will be singles,
come and mingles! "

The creature gestures to the hallway where it appeared from initially, bows, and flits back in that direction.


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

What's a s-sawng? Alric asks, stumbling slightly over the unfamiliar word.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

Teriwyth narrows his eyes at the little creature.


raging-->hp -/- non raging-->62/62

Guthar looks at the creature wondering what it is, and then he ask.

"What sort of creature are you?"


Male Human Arcane Sorcerer 7

That has to be the worst rhyme I have ever heard. I don't trust this creature but I don't think we have much choice. Let's follow it from a bit behind.


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6

bump


As you ask your questions, Jingles reappears with a group of people behind him. Five other individuals of mixed race and demeanour come in, each carrying a different one of the strange objects in their hands, except one. This unarmed leader of the group is a beautiful and imposing figure with large, piercing eyes and dusty complexion. He introduces himself "My name is Castiel. I welcome you to our collective home. You will have to excuse Jingles. She's a bit "ecstatic" at times. It comes with the territory. " He offers up a handshake, first to Alric, then to the rest. Meanwhile, one of the group leaves briefly and comes back with a platter containing about a dozen clear glasses with blood-red liquid inside. He offers these up, first to Thervold and Teriwyth, saying that it will ease their pains.


Female Human Monk 7

Being wary of strangers offering gifts:

Sense motive: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30


Edelle:
They are sincere in their hostly duties. Each of them gives you a generally good vibe. They are all very passionate people, but they do not want to force their decision upon anyone who is unwilling. Each of them has a personality that seems to almost perfectly compliment one of your own group.

1,551 to 1,600 of 1,704 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / In Darkest Times All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.