Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

In Darkest Times (Inactive)

Game Master Magnu123

In short, this homebrew was intended for beginner GM's. The story contains a variety of elements in sequence that gradually go through different terrains, battle situations, and other challenges to allow a DM to become familiar with the rules.


1,301 to 1,350 of 1,704 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>

Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6

Casvian 5 foot steps to Y7 and attacks Sly.

attack:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
damage:1d3 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

attack:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
damage:1d3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

attack:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
damage:1d3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

slipping a wand out of his sleeve, Alric concentrates on forcintg the item to function on himself.
UMD 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Round 4 Partial
Edelle punches the singed John in the gut, and the wind is knocked out of him. She lands several solid hits against the opposing monk, but he remains fighting fit for the moment. Alric shakes the wand vigourously, but he has trouble manipulating the wand while it is invisible. Casvian's confusion takes effect this round, and he hurts himself in the effort Damage listed above. He perceives Sly nearby and attempts to take a swing at him, but he nearly throws out his shoulder as he has forgotten to actually move close enough to hit.
Teriwynth sends Feliss to give his magical boon to Edelle, but he provokes an attack from Mark while casting, and Feliss can't reach Edelle without moving through John's threatened area. 9 damage to Teri, 5 damage to Feliss (assuming a 21 hits) Also, where are you withdrawing too?
The exhausted John attempts a tactical move by stepping diagonally toward Clark and then gesturingly angrily at Edelle's feet. Nothing appears to happen, however.
Clark moves around the barrel now smouldering from Thervold's first lightning strike. He attacks Edelle with a fist that swirls with magical effects, but he is again unable to land a strike and wastes the effort.
Sly and Mark watch Teriwynth's movements to see where he goes before acting.
Where and how are you moving?
Map


Round 4 End
Sly and Mark permit Teriwynth to pass by, but John takes an opportunity to strike as Teri passes. He is bloodied fairly badly though, and misses. Teriwynth gathers Feliss back up after his spell is delivered and they move with haste out of the fray.
Sly and Mark then move up to Casvian to continue attacking. Both miss Casvian in their attacks. Mark remains off balance after charging. He is vulnerable to attack, something that Thervold takes full advantage of. Thervold moves out from behind the barrel and fires another bolt of lightning from his fingertips. The line of energy passes by Sly and Mark. Sly dodges the arc entirely, and Mark manages to dodge the brunt of the blast as well. Sly smirks back at you, devilishly after showing off his flexibility in dodging your shot. Alric ducks out of the way of the errant lightning bolt, fired on him unawares by his ally. Finally, Thervold's viper moves to the next nearest target, Sly, who promptly knocks the snake down off of him.

Round 5 Initiative
Heroes(Edelle, Alric, Casvian, Teriwynth)
Baddies(John, Clark, Sly, Mark)
Thervold


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6

Sorry, weekends are bad for me.

Teriwyth tilts his head to the sky and exhales deeply, groaning from his wounds. "I never understand the interest in hitting and being hit, it's just so strange to me."


No worries. I moved you to K8, if that's alright. It's the furthest from the fray I could move you. Couldn't see a way to avoid the AoO from John, but it didn't turn into anything significant.


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6

Casvian 5 foot steps to 8Z and full attacks Sly.

Casvian 5 foot steps to Y7 and attacks Sly.

attack:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
damage:1d3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

attack:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
damage:1d3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

attack:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
damage:1d3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

edit-> confirm crit:

attack:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
damage:1d3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Female Human Monk 7

Where did John go? Let's hit Clark :) Exhausting again for the first hit.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 & Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 & Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 & Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13 & Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

I will spend another ki point on +4 to AC, these hit points don't grow on trees.


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6
Casvian wrote:

Casvian 5 foot steps to 8Z and full attacks Sly.

Casvian 5 foot steps to Y7 and attacks Sly.

attack: 1d20 + 11
damage:1d3 + 4

attack: 1d20 + 11
damage:1d3 + 4

attack: 1d20 + 6
damage:1d3 + 4

edit-> confirm crit:

attack: 1d20 + 11
damage:1d3 + 4

I am really going to Z8. I forgot to erase the other 5 foot step.


Male Human Arcane Sorcerer 7

Thervold grits his teeth and fires off yet another lightning arc at Sly.

"Die already!" he yells.

6d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 5, 5, 6, 3) = 25


Female Human Monk 7
Edelle Flexhorn wrote:

Where did John go? Let's hit Clark :) Exhausting again for the first hit.

Attack: 1d20+6 & Damage: 1d8+1
Attack: 1d20+6 & Damage: 1d8+1
Attack: 1d20+6 & Damage: 1d8+1
Attack: 1d20+1 & Damage: 1d8+1

I will spend another ki point on +4 to AC, these hit points don't grow on trees.

I forgot the bull's strength :( Add 2 to all those number for:

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 & Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7 ) + 8 = 15 & Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 & Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 & Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


You bet, Edelle. Alric around?


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

UMD 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Still cant work the wand.
Move around the corner of the barn.


Teriwynth, anything else this round?


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6
Magnu123 wrote:
Teriwynth, anything else this round?

Just catching my breath


Round 5 Summary
Edelle and Casvian attack their opponents with many quick jabbing blows. Edelle lands all of her strikes against the armoured Clark, but he resists the exhausting effect of her first blow. Casvian only lands one solid blow against Sly, but it is a powerful hit that twists the man's body back.
Alric and Teriwynth withdraw from the fighting for the moment to regain their focus and heal
their injuries.
John unleashes another powerful roar and flurry display. Edelle and Thervold are shaken for 1 round, Casvian for 2.
Clark waits a moment as Sly approaches from behind. The two attack Edelle with powerful blows enhanced by magic and trickery. Clark continues missing, but Sly lands a blow that begins to bleed. 5 damage +1 bleed damage
Mark steps up to Casvian and attempts to hit him. His metal fists are gone now and he is unable to make good contact.
Thervold continues to light up the area with electricity, focusing his effort solely on Sly. Sly takes the brunt of this hit. Did you want to aim the lightning to hit Clark and Edelle aswell? You risk hurting her, but you will almost definitely hit him.
The snake seems to be less effective now than before. While it is successfully biting its opponents, they are resisting the poison much more easily than Rocco did. Perhaps it was a fluke.

Round 6 Initiative
Heroes(Edelle, Alric, Casvian, Teriwynth)
Baddies(John, Clark, Sly, Mark)
Thervold


Female Human Monk 7

Not liking being ganged up on Edelle delivers a stunning fist to Sly then cartwheels behind Clark

Attack:
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 & Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 (dc17)

Acrobatics attempting to avoid AoO:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

And again spending a Ki point on AC, those HP keep draining away.


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6

Casvian goes after Sly again.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
1d1d3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
1d1d3 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
1d1d3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Male Human Arcane Sorcerer 7

I want to just aim at Sly.


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

UMD check 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
wand 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4) + 3 = 9


Thervold and Teri, let me know if you want to change these actions listed.
map
Round 6 Summary
Heroes(Edelle, Alric, Casvian, Teriwynth)
Baddies(John, Clark, Sly, Mark)
Roughrider
Thervold

Edelle misses her attempt to hit, in a hurry to get away from her compromised position. She tumbles past the men, but neither of them have an opportunity to strike back. Edelle continues to bleed from her wound. 1 point damage
Casvian's first hit strikes Sly, and he looks quite badly hurt at this point, but the dodgy man stays standing and remains unharmed by Casvian's attempts to knee him.
Teriwynth is preparing to return to the fray, but then he stays his hand a familiar face comes around the corner shouting.
Alric finally activates his wand and heals himself some wounds. He feels much better, and looks back toward the fight
Sly sidesteps to flank Casvian. While pincered in this way, Mark and Sly attack him ruthlessly. Sly attempts to throw dirt in his eye to blind him, but Casvian has no interest in being without his vision again, and he dodges the attack. Mark punches Casvian once in the rib, while holding out his other arm to fake out. The punch is a decent blow, but Casvian has faced much worse in his time. 5 damage Clark and John then move in to assault Casvian all out.
Clark finally lands a hit with his magically enhanced fist. 8 damage, DC 15 will save to reduce by two. -1 to saves and attack rolls for 3 rounds +1 to skill checks for 3 rounds
John rushes in and launches a powerful fist toward the Ranger, who manages at least to dodge that attack.
Finally, another voice steps in to the area, shouting in an authoritative voice
"HOLD!" What is the meaning of all this? Teriwynth? And Edelle? I expect better from you. And you there, firing the lightning bolts, what are you thinking? Someone could be seriously hurt. " Roughrider has come in response to the sounds of battle. He rides his pegasus and wears a shining armour, wielding an ornate lance. He attempts to end the fight by holding up his hands and gathering attention. A crowd is beginning to gather behind the barn, looking toward the group.
Thervold sees the approaching authority figure and fires off one last daze attack toward Sly, just to show him who's boss. Sly nearly loses his lunch in response to the vertigo effect placed upon him.


Male Human Arcane Sorcerer 7

Thervold drops his hands while not taking his eye off of Sly. He turns towards the approaching figure and asks, "And who, sir, would you be?"


Female Human Monk 7

"Sorry Roughrider, I don't usually stop to ask questions of why my friends are being attacked. I just help."

Looking a bit ashamed I lower my fists, but people would have to be very green to believe I'm not ready to defend myself.


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6

Casvian carefully steps away from Sly.

"It was supposed to be just a fist fight, but things got out of hand." says Casvian with a smirk on his face.


Sly moves to Roughrider and puts on a melodramatic show. "Oh kind sir, these ruffians attacked us dreadfully. Unprovoked. They are simply brutes, you must disqualify them! Oh, woe! "
Roughrider looks at Sly and surveys the situation. "Err... Indeed. I think it's best if we all just lay off of the lightning bolts for a while, before we burn down the entire ranch, alright? " Roughrider turns to go, and points out. the burning barrel nearby. "Careful when you put that out, the loose flour in their could start a firestorm if it gets stirred up and ignites. "


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6
Magnu123 wrote:
"HOLD!" What is the meaning of all this? Teriwynth? And Edelle? I expect better from you. And you there, firing the lightning bolts, what are you thinking? Someone could be seriously hurt. " Roughrider has come...

"Excuse me?" Teriwyth says thoroughly confused as to how he could be included in such a conflict leaning against the wall a ways off from the real fighting.


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

Message spell: Casivan:
Mind grabbing my pack while you are there?

Stayin' Invisible


Male Human Arcane Sorcerer 7

Thervold straightens his clothes and smiles at Sly. He resists the urge to stick his tongue out.


male Human 10 sorcerer/10 ninja/10 rules lawyer

I simply nod my head.

Alric:
I will get it.


"I am sorry, Teriwynth. It doesn't look like you're involved here, but would you mind explaining what you have seen here now? " Roughrider approaches and gestures for Teriwynth to follow. Feliss tugs on Teri's robes, "Go."
Sly, John and Mark move to the barrel to attempt to put it out. Clark goes to Rocco and attempts to revive him. Mark continues to mumble under his breath about elves. Sly addresses the group. "You folks were just lucky. Edelle was it? We'll see you tonight at the feast. "
The group then moves out to leave you alone. let me know when you're ready to move forward and we'll advance to the next event.


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

Message: Sly:
An entertaining event. But don't fool yourself, we kill people for a living so if you try to extend this, we won't be playing on a handicap anymore.

Intimidate 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Female Human Monk 7

"Lucky? What ever helps you sleep well at night my good friend"

More quietly to my friends: "I could do with a healers touch real soon now"


Sly backs down. "Alright, alright. I promise we won't be hurting you folks anymore. I just didn't want you to ruin our shot at the title. This means a lot to us. "


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6
Magnu123 wrote:

"I am sorry, Teriwynth. It doesn't look like you're involved here, but would you mind explaining what you have seen here now? " Roughrider approaches and gestures for Teriwynth to follow. Feliss tugs on Teri's robes, "Go."

Sly, John and Mark move to the barrel to attempt to put it out. Clark goes to Rocco and attempts to revive him. Mark continues to mumble under his breath about elves. Sly addresses the group. "You folks were just lucky. Edelle was it? We'll see you tonight at the feast. "
The group then moves out to leave you alone. let me know when you're ready to move forward and we'll advance to the next event.

Teriwyth looks down at Feliss and picks him up, wincing when he starts feeling the bruises those hits left him. He whispers to the cat "Just because I wasn't in a hurry to run after the guy doesn't mean that I wasn't going to follow him, be calm and relax." Teriwyth says smiling, scratching Feliss under his little cat chin.

Walking Terwiyth looks up from Feliss and says aloud to Roughrider "Look I'm not exactly sure what's going on here, I came upon a scuffle between these fine fellows and my own companions. I couldn't tell you who started the fight but those other people seem like bad news. I tried to get in there to help a friend of mine who had fallen and they all took a good whack at me."


Roughrider thinks on this for a moment, then dismounts and pets his pegasus before leading it on. " My companion here has been sensing something in the air. Something empty. I wonder if this might have something to do with it. What else can you tell me about this scuffle? What was the triggering event? "


Sly and Co. move off, leaving you alone with the burning barrel. It crackles and ignites the surrounding grass quickly. It looks to be spreading.


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6
Magnu123 wrote:
Roughrider thinks on this for a moment, then dismounts and pets his pegasus before leading it on. " My companion here has been sensing something in the air. Something empty. I wonder if this might have something to do with it. What else can you tell me about this scuffle? What was the triggering event? "

"Again, I wasn't there when it started but it looks like one of those other fellows was in the competition, perhaps they got into an argument over who was better. Some are more quick to solve disputes with their fists rather than words."


Teriwynth:
"Alright, thank you for that anyways. " Rufus sighs and looks off into the horizon. He speaks stoically, half to himself. "I wonder if this truly is the end of things, and if it is not that we will destroy ourselves with our own disputing." The two of you make your way towards Roughrider's tent. He offers you a stool and a cup of tea.


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6

So they just walked off as if they don't care? Wouldn't this fire put everyone in danger?


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

Literally appearing behind Casivan, Alric reclaims his weapons.

That was weird. Remind me I need to stop fighting fair.


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6

Spoiler:
A smile spreads across Teriwyth's face "A cup of tea sounds marvelous."


Casivan: Indeed a fire would put everyone in danger. You are wise enough to realize that they would try to blame you for letting it go.


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6

Can anyone cast create water? Would I be able to make a survival check to figure out a way to put the fire out?

Perception check to notice anything that might be useful:1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32


Casvian notes a number of other barrels located near the the corners of buildings. These would likely be used to collect rainwater. Casvian also notes that a flash flame in a contained area can also put out a burning fire. They would need to create such a quick burst that all of the nearby air is eaten up and it puts out the fire.


Female Human Monk 7

Taps a barrel, wondering what is inside. Also takes a sniff of it to figure out what is inside
Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6

"I think we can use the water to dampen the areas the fire has not gotten to yet. Wet straw is not so easy to burn.

If dampening the area out would take more than one barrel I would not go for it unless I/we could do it very quickly.

Would Fireball work as a flash flame?

"Do any of you have any intense fire based spells?"


You're not sure about the fireball. If you can lift the barrel, it shouldn't take more than one.

Edelle notes that one nearby barrel is mostly full of water.

Teri:
Roughrider sits across from you and sits down, sipping his tea slowly. "My companion has been detecting something nearby. A few different forces at work. They may not be even aware of each other. Something evil, something chaotic, and another force. Unlike anything I've ever encountered before. I suspect your ally there is in touch with the same things. Roughrider points to Feliss, who nods back knowingly. The otherworldly nature of the cat is clearly something that does not escape Rufus' awareness.


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

No, not as such But as he speaks, Alric begins brushing the straw away with mage hand.


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6

Spoiler:
Teriwyth glances warily at Feliss "So...I guess I didn't say it explicitly but from now on could you tell me ahead of time if you sense anything evil and chaotic in the mix?"


Teri:
"Hey, I'm a cat. I don't have the same kind of senses as his pegasus over there. All I know is that something is wrong in this world, and that this guy gives me good vibes. If there is a chaotic force here, it's buried. As far as the evil, we can only assume that's Kronos, the Son. As to the other force, well I have no clue. This dwarf has seen much in his days, I imagine it must be something very unique. "

1,301 to 1,350 of 1,704 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / In Darkest Times All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.