Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

In Darkest Times (Inactive)

Game Master Magnu123

In short, this homebrew was intended for beginner GM's. The story contains a variety of elements in sequence that gradually go through different terrains, battle situations, and other challenges to allow a DM to become familiar with the rules.


1,001 to 1,050 of 1,704 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

Edelle and Casvian, being closest to the bead, take the full brunt of the explosion. Alric, also having closed in to examine the material, is in range of the blast. 45 damage Teriwynth is fortunate enough to be outside the radius of the spell as Edelle's bardiche slices the object in half. As she cuts into the object, the pulsing of the bead ceases and instead, it glows brighter and brighter, filling the area with a flash of fire. Further into the tunnel, the piles of refuse alight with flame and the horrid stench of burning hair and rot filters into the room, causing everyone to start coughing.


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6

Something tells Casvian to move somewhere, anywhere, but being blind made that kind of difficult, and he feels the heat of a fire rush over him. Terribly wounded he reaches for a wand.

"Is everyone else ok?
15/66 hp


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6
Casvian wrote:

"Is everyone else ok?

15/66 hp

Couching as the putrid stench stings his nostrils Teriwyth says with a hand cover his mouth. "Indeed..."

13/27 Glad no one asked me to examine that thing, It would have killed me straight out even at full hp.


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

11/56 hp
*cough* Alive, but definitely not what I'd call OK. Then, noticing Casivan's directionless stare, But perhaps Im actually well off, relatively.

So glad I invested in Hp


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6

"I still have the wands of cure moderate and cure light wounds, but due to my uh condition I think one of you should be holding on to them for the time being."

Wand of Cure Light Wounds - 08(remaining)/20
Wand of Cure Moderate Wounds - 41(remaining)/50
I think another party member had a wand also.


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

Alric has a light and a mod as well


Female Human Monk 7

-9HP


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6

As the smoke clears and Teriwyth sees Edelle down he quickly rushes over, placing a hand on her shoulder he focuses one one of the more obscure bits of magic he knows and heals her.

Cast both my cure light wounds on edelle. 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (3, 3) + 6 = 12


Female Human Monk 7

Opening my eyes, I smile and attempt to lift my head.
~Whimper~
thud.

3HP, someone want to give me another 40 via a wand?


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6

Since I don't know which wand is which can someone hook me up? :)


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6
Casvian wrote:
Since I don't know which wand is which can someone hook me up? :)

If anyone requests it of him I believe Teriwyth can activate the cure wands without a check because the spells are on his spell list. If you want you could just spend the charges and say that I used it on you.


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6

cure mod from wand:
4d8 + 10 ⇒ (6, 7, 7, 5) + 10 = 35

cure light from wand:
2d8 + 6 ⇒ (1, 5) + 6 = 12

62/66 hp

2 charges from each wand used


Female Human Monk 7

Cure light:
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Put's me at 41/45

I'm not sure what numbers people are using for the wands, are these wands using a higher caster level than required?


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6

That should have been +1, not +3. You are correct.


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6
Casvian wrote:
That should have been +1, not +3. You are correct.

The cure mods would have been at +3 as the lowest possible caster level for mods is 3, 1 heal bumps me up to 26/27.

1 Cure Mod 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (8, 2) + 3 = 13


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6
Casvian wrote:

cure mod from wand:

4d8+10

cure light from wand:
2d8+6

62/66 hp

2 charges from each wand used

I am 8 over what I should be.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

2 more charges gone form the cure light wand.

I am at 64/66


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6

In the wake of the explosion and the following treatment Teriwyth begins examining the lair for any other lingering drow remnants.

Detect Magic, slowly scanning the area.


As you finish the process of healing, the smoke from the burning trash-heap is just about filling the room. You are able to resist the urge to sputter and cough, but the air is thick with smoke at this point. Teriwynth sweeps the area, and notes several unique magical auras surrounding the giant plant. As before, this is temporal transmutation magic, but you note that one aura is emanating from the plant itself, while another comes from a concentrated source of magic in the centre of the flower bulb. This magic is of the universal domain, and it is quite powerful.


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6

Teriwyth attempts to decipher the meaning behind the multiple auras and perhaps what the goal was with this specific pairing of magical auras.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20


Teriwynth infers that the spell cast upon the plant itself is meant to make it grow. He also deciphers that whatever the object or source of power in the plant's bud is, it is causing the plant to be strengthened and grow thickly.


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6

Teriwyth will walk up towards the flower, looking in the area of the bud for the source of this magical energy, ready to drop to the ground in a moments notice if he sees another explosion coming.


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

Cure Mod 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 1) + 3 = 7
2d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 3) + 3 = 8
2d8 + 3 ⇒ (5, 4) + 3 = 12
2d8 + 3 ⇒ (4, 8) + 3 = 15
Total +42, HP at 53/56


Teriwynth cannot see the object creating the magical aura, but he can tell that it is small, pebble-sized, and located roughly in the centre of the chest of the creature contained within the protection of the flower blossom. In order to reach the object and examine it further, he would need to peel back the plant-matter. He is however cautious about setting off another trap. optional: Strength check


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6

Teriwyth crosses his arms and rests one of his hands on his chin as he ponders the flower. He muses aloud "It seems that the Drow has left something behind within the heart of that flower, though it may not be the best idea to tamper with more magic considering what happened last time....I'm not sure. What do you all think?"


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6

"If you decide to mess with it allow me to exit the room first. I would not say it is a good idea considering what just happened."


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6
Casvian wrote:
"If you decide to mess with it allow me to exit the room first. I would not say it is a good idea considering what just happened."

Teriwyth considers Casvian's words and rubs his face "Indeed....well perhaps it is best to leave it and return when we are more well equipped to deal with a situation such as this. My head is throbbing and a bed sounds wonderful right now."


Sensing more danger, the group heads off down into the tunnel. As they go, the smoke thickens, and their vision is obscured. It is difficult to breathe here. Edelle begins to sputter and hack in the haze of the smoky air. [ooc] nauseated /ooc] This occurs about the same moment that you come across the blaze's current position in the tunnels. The flames block your path for an undetermined distance through the cave. Crossing them would certainly be painful, but there are precious few options as the air grows more and more inhospitable.


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

I can protect at most, three of us from the fires, but it will do nothing for smoke, so hold your breath.


Female Human Monk 7

Are we all nauseated? Or just me. If it's all of us as the fastest mover I'll dive in without the protection. If it's just me I'll need protection as I'm the slowest of us now.


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6

My kingdom for create water

Well, seeing as how there couldn't possibly be something on the other side of the blaze and taking the time to decide who will benefit from Alric's magic might get them killed Teriwyth bites the proverbial bullet and leaps through the blazing inferno, coming to a roll on the other side.


Just Edelle this round, but smoke inhalation is pretty nasty if it's left too long

Teriwynth makes the decision easy for the rest of the group by running through the flames. The heat, and the difficult terrain and debris make it difficult for him to focus and run through, but he is able to make it out the other side of the flames with a double move. His clothes are singed as are the bottoms of his feet, but he recognizes it could be much worse. 5 fire damage


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

Alric then begins casting Resist Fire on the party, using the last charge of the metamagic rod to Extend his own protection.


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6

Teriwyth picks himself off, patting down the still smoldering parts of his clothes and running a hand through his hair.


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6

Casvian holds onto someone's shirt or armor since he can't see which way to go.


Are you going through together, and what order are you casting the spell? (ie: You, then Edelle, then Casvian? )


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

Casivan, Edelle, than Myself

After finishing his casting, Alric ducks back into the room to retrieve his Chakram, letting Edelle and Casivan proceed first.


Casvian and Edelle gain the benefits of Alric's spell before he begins hacking and needs to cough for a moment before casting the spell on himself. He stumbles up through the smoke to search for his chakram.
Casvian begins hacking horribly as Alric's spell cools his body. He is slick with sweat, and his body begins to shake with the force of his lungs trying to expel the smoke. He feels a force pulling him and he feels the heat of the flames, but is not burned by them. He comes out on the other side, sputtering on the ground, gasping for good air.
Edelle recovers from her initial fit, and demands of her body that she breathe calmly. She half drags Casvian through the flames as they whip around them, but do no damage. She releases Casvian next to Teriwynth, who is clutching at his own throat now, seeming ready to cough up his lungs.
4 non-lethal damage to Casvian and Teriwynth from smoke inhalation.

Alric sees the glint of his chakram from a corner of the room with the giant rose, He also hear a hissing noise from nearby. Standing ten feet away from him is what appears to be a king cobra, leering up at him, ready to strike.


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

Never easy is it?
Alric pulls his weapon into his hand with a Mage Hand spell, then backs away from the serpent towards the fire.


Alric:
You prepare for combat, and back yourself into the hallway. The flames are still about 50 feet away from your position, but you feel comfortable knowing that the walls of the tunnel prevent anything from surprising you. The snake comes out of the obscure of the smoke and into view. It hisses and rears up to be as tall as possible. It then lashes forward to strike you. The beast penetrates your defenses and injects a poison into your body. 1 damage, and psn: DC 15-6 rounds-1 Con damage- 1 save cures

The blaze of the debris continues to spread, meaning that your group must keep moving. The air is toxic as well, so you all labour together to keep moving. Edelle and Teriwynth guide Casvian by hand, using their other to cover their faces. Once they reach safety, they realize that Alric is not immediately behind them. As the smoke billows out into the night sky from the cave, they wait with bated breath for something to emerge.


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6

Teriwyth raises his hand, facing the wall of flames for a moment before raising his hand and choking out weakly between coughing fits "Alric..."

The sound is amplified tenfold and a booming voice proclaims "ALRIC!!!"

Ghost Sound

Spellcraft 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
Knowledge (Arcana) 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25

Is the fire magical in nature?


Teriwynth:
Nope.


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6

If I used burning hands could I burn out the oxygen surrounding a small patch of the firewall, asphyxiating the flame and create a clearing?


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

DM:
Fort save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Withdraw action, moving down the corridor


A moment later, just as Teriwynth is preparing to fight fire with fire, Alric emerges from the cavern, covered in ash, but no worse for the wear.


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6
Magnu123 wrote:
A moment later, just as Teriwynth is preparing to fight fire with fire, Alric emerges from the cavern, covered in ash, but no worse for the wear.

Teriwyth hurries forward and helps Alric from the fire to the other party members, once clear of the smoke he chuckles weakly and says in a strained voice "You gave us a bit of a scare there, did you fall? The others were right behind me as I crossed"


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

Alric holds up his soot stained weapon.
Just had to grab this.
He smiles as he dusts off his clothes, but his face hardens as he takes stock of the situation.
Where should we follow? The flower, the beastman, the wizard, or.... His eyes stray to Casivan.


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6

"Perhaps we should decide that when the time comes, for now it wound be a good idea to town and lick our wounds."


Female Human Monk 7

Should we think about guarding this cave for a little while, we wouldn't want that Cobra escaping


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6
Edelle Flexhorn wrote:
Should we think about guarding this cave for a little while, we wouldn't want that Cobra escaping

Only Alric knows about the Cobra


With stuff like that, we can assume that you catch each other up.

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,704 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / In Darkest Times All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.