Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


In Darkest Times (Inactive)

Game Master Magnu123

In short, this homebrew was intended for beginner GM's. The story contains a variety of elements in sequence that gradually go through different terrains, battle situations, and other challenges to allow a DM to become familiar with the rules.


951 to 1,000 of 1,704 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6

Casvian looks to the drow.
"So what is the next step? I am sure you have a reason for being here."


"Indeed, I do have a goal in choosing to be here and now. Although I cannot help to be here and now. Where is here and When is now are the only variables, and they seem so inconsequential. During this time, I seek to pay respect to the dead. "
Kronos half gestures to the enormous plant behind him, but he does not let his gaze slip from yours.

Upon further inspection, it becomes clear that the giant rose is an elaborate living coffin for a creature in the centre of it. Your view of the internal of the rose is obscured, but you can tell that this is a slender humanoid in the tomb-like chamber of the flower.


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

Alric moves right up to the rose to get a better look inside.


Moving up to the flower, Alric smells decomposition, and burning hair, but it is masked by the flowery-sweet scent of the surrounding fauna. He can't see details of the body as it is fully encased by the thick petals.

Just then, Kronos' face changes slightly. There is a sense of urgency to his voice now.

"Come now, quickly. Stand together. Where the human stands is fine. No time like the present"

Alric and Edelle Only:
Something is wrong with Kronos. From your brief experience with him, he is never one to panic and he is especially not one to be in a hurry of any kind.


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6

Teriwyth is a little put off by his urgency, his brow furrowing he asks "For what purpose would you have us gathered in one spot?"

Sense motive to see whether his motives are sinister? 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


"Your questions are pointless, small one. Gather together now. I will show you rather than explain to you. "


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6

Casvian is clearly frustrated at this point. "Great more non-answers."

I think Casvian works well as a hothead. :)


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6

Teriwyth relents. He shrugs and moves into the area as directed by Kronos, making little motions with his fingers as he does so.

Readying a counterspell at the highest level I can cast.


Kronos begins casting a spell to lay over your group.
"Now, I shall give you a vision of time to make you understand:

Teriwynth: roll your spellcraft to identify the spell being cast, and you can make your counterspell attempt


M Anglo Australian

Stepping up to Alric and whispers:

Spoiler:
Anything magical influencing Kronos?


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

Cast Detect Magic, and focus on Kronos.


I'll ask also for a reflex save from Casvian and Teriwynth.


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6
Kronos, wrote:

Kronos begins casting a spell to lay over your group.

"Now, I shall give you a vision of time to make you understand:

Teriwynth: roll your spellcraft to identify the spell being cast, and you can make your counterspell attempt

Spellcraft 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19 (+2 if I have the spell in my own spellbook)

Reflex 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6

Reflex:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

While trying not get hit Casvian thinks. "I am beginning to like drow less and less all the time."


Teriwynth recognizes the spell "create pit", but does not have a spell of the correct school prepared to counter.
"Insolent creatures! " Kronos cries. as Casvian and Teriwynth jump out of the way, the floor disappearing beneath them.

Kronos' rage is no longer masked. He casts a quickened spell on himself and stands prepared to battle hand to hand, with his fists glowing a sickly green. Alric notes even in his initial scan of Kronos that there are a number of powerful spells in effect on him. One effect sears Alric's magical senses with a blinding aura. stunned 1 round

"You shall see the vision of the abyss where you sent Feraralt, where you sent Lashilsh. I shall ensure each of you suffers for destroying my loves. My father cannot help you now, mortals!"

It becomes clear now that the Kronos before you is Kronos, the Son whom you have been warned about. The chain about his neck glows as his spells activate. The amulet is a strange machine of some description, and clearly magical in nature. The voice of Kronos echoes in the cavern, making it seem larger than life.

Round 6
23-Kronos
17-Casvian
16-Edelle
10-Alric
9-Teriwynth


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6

Swift Action:Activate Ranger's Focus

Deadly Aim+Rapid Shot+Ranger's Focus
Full Attack:
Attack 1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Damage 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Attack 2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Damage 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Attack 3: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Damage 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6

"You sir aren't the only one with a grasp of temporal magic." Teriwyth raises his right hand and speaks string of unintelligible words causing time to slow down for him and his companions.

Moving to H-12, readying an action to cast Haste via Pearl of power once I get more peeps in the area of effect.


Female Human Monk 7

My R5.5 position is my movement to whisper to Alric. Gah, I just noticed I failed to use the right alias again :(
RAAAAAAAA!
Flurry with Bardiche:
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 & Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 & Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 & Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Adjust to F7 hoping to use stunning kick for any AoO:
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 & Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 & Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

Ahhh! Stunned

Hey, where's Sumatek?


Two of Casvian's Arrows strike the nimble drow, sinking in far enough to do some reasonable damage. It is unnerving how the pain reaction is so dull in Kronos. Discipline and Rage are all that are visible on his face. Edelle also moves up to strike Kronos, after noticing Alric stunned by the magical effects Kronos is emitting. She swings her Bardiche from a safe distance so as to get a full attack in. On her final arcing swing, she slashes across Kronos' face, almost slicing across his eyes, but the wizard moves back to avoid serious damage I rolled to confirm your crit for you. No go, I'm afraid.
Teriwynth Lets fly his spell, reaching as many allies as he can. I'll let you pick. As it stands currently, your group is too spread for more than 2 people to be affected.

MAP


Round 7
23-Kronos
17-Casvian
16-Edelle
10-Alric
9-Teriwynth

"You fools grasp nothing! Your feeble mortal lives can't begin to understand the complexities I have seen. "

Kronos casts another spell before moving to engage Edelle. He moves with lightning speed, faster than she is able to react. His grip seems to suck the energy out of her. She feels as though her limbs are growing brittle and her joints are fusing. 1 point of Dex damage, no save
Casvian's vision is dimmed as a ray of necrotic energy shoots from Kronos' hand toward him.
Finally, Alric is released from the powerful magic assaulting his senses and he sees things have gone downhill in a hurry.

two Fortitude saves each from Edelle and Casvian. Edelle is slowed if she fails hers. Casvian is blinded if he fails his. Edelle's DC is set at 22. Casvian's is 18


Female Human Monk 7

Did I use a stunning fist on the AoO for him casting?
Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 = Slowed

Stunning Kick Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 & Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Can I still make AoO when slowed? Reading relevant rules didn't appear clear to me.


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6
Magnu123 wrote:
Teriwynth Lets fly his spell, reaching as many allies as he can. I'll let you pick. As it stands currently, your group is too spread for more than 2 people to be affected.

I'll say that i'll forestall my readied action and on my next turn move up more and cast so that I can target myself, Alric, and Edelle.

Teriwyth starts moving closer, drawing his rapier as he closes on the fight.

Moving Laterally from H-12 to E-11 and then casting Haste

Active Effects:
--Haste--
5 Rounds Remaining
Targets Affected: Alric, Edelle, Teriwyth


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

Alric summons his arcane power, and flings two chakram with a lightning backhand, drawing his sword in the same motion.

Arcane Strike
Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6
Kronos, wrote:

Round 7

23-Kronos
17-Casvian
16-Edelle
10-Alric
9-Teriwynth

"You fools grasp nothing! Your feeble mortal lives can't begin to understand the complexities I have seen. "

Kronos casts another spell before moving to engage Edelle. He moves with lightning speed, faster than she is able to react. His grip seems to suck the energy out of her. She feels as though her limbs are growing brittle and her joints are fusing. 1 point of Dex damage, no save
Casvian's vision is dimmed as a ray of necrotic energy shoots from Kronos' hand toward him.
Finally, Alric is released from the powerful magic assaulting his senses and he sees things have gone downhill in a hurry.

two Fortitude saves each from Edelle and Casvian. Edelle is slowed if she fails hers. Casvian is blinded if he fails his. Edelle's DC is set at 22. Casvian's is 18

Fort Save:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Nat 1's always happen at the worse times

Casvian is preparing to nock another arrow when a dark energy hits him, and steals his eyesight. Afraid to hit an ally by accident he puts the arrow away, hoping someone can help him.

"I can't see.", says Casvian with despair clearly in his voice.


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6

If only just to roll something, spellcraft to Identify the spells?

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27


Round 8
23-Kronos
17-Casvian
16-Edelle
10-Alric
9-Teriwynth

Teri for spellcraft:
The spells affecting Edelle and Casvian are: calcific touch and blind/deafen respectively. Both are cast with the persistent metamagic quality.

Casvian stands disabled in the middle of the battlefield. There is a tension rising in his chest. panic, perhaps a memory from his past resurfacing...

Edelle, feeling herself weighted down by her own bones, attempts to strike the drow, but is unable to do so. She nearly stumbles on the plant-matter beneath her feat.

Alric attempts to strike Kronos with his projectiles, but Kronos weaves between them as they pass without any sort of effort.

Teriwynth finally gets into position and unleashes his magic, hoping to aid his allies and even the playing field.

Kronos smirks maniacally before striking at Edelle again. He then steps back, and provokes an attack from Edelle by casting. As before, another fortitude save for slowing, take your AoO after the results. 1 point of dex damage either way. Teri, Alric, and Edelle make will saves against slow(to cancel haste) DC 21.


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6

Dirty, and I don't have anything left to counter with.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Teriwyth shakes himself from the shock of his magic being broken like that, after a few shaky steps, more focused now he begins to recite the tale of the Kingslayers, when a few heroes went up against a tyrant king.

Inspire Courage


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

Save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

abruptly changing focus, alric sheaths his sword and begins casting Magic missile, stepping to E6 as he does so. Nimble moves

Missile 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
SR 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Missile 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
SR 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Missile 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
SR 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

If ever I can break CR, it's now


Female Human Monk 7

Will save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Making that save leaves me at neutral right.
AoO w/Bardiche:
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 & Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

It's time for you to slow down a bit!
5' adjusting to F8, I unleash a flurry of kicks attempting to stun until I succeed then attempting to fatigue if I have attacks left. Also burning a Ki point for an extra attack.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 & Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 & Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 Critical Threat, DC19 fort save for Stunned
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 & Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 17 & Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 & Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Round 9
23-Kronos
17-Casvian
16-Edelle
10-Alric
9-Teriwynth

After a number of failed attempts to hit by her and her allies, Edelle finally strikes deep into Kronos' chest, causing him to double over twice with surprise at being hit, then by the stunning effect of her kick.

Casvian continues to hold out for any coming attacks. Without his vision, he is unsure what to do besides draw his blade.

Alric's bolts of magic energy are unable to pierce Kronos' resistances despite his best effort.

Kronos is stilled for a brief moment, stunned as our heroes have an opening to strike.


Female Human Monk 7

Having spent so much energy last round Edelle digs deeps and attempts to pile the damage on:
ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!
Ki point for extra attack again, but only the first is going to be a stunning kick:
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 & Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 & Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 & Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 12 & Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6

Going to delay action until after Kronos, barring extenuating circumstances I'm going to do the following come my turn, in any case Inspire Courage is still active, +1 to hit, +1 to damage, +1 on saves vs charm and fear effects.

Active Effects:

--Inspire Courage--

Targets Affected: Alric, Casvian, Edelle, Teriwyth

A 1st level bard can use his performance to inspire courage in his allies (including himself), bolstering them against fear and improving their combat abilities. To be affected, an ally must be able to perceive the bard’s performance. An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.

Action:
Continuing to recite his stories Teriwyth interlaces some words of power into his speech and synchronizes his allies minds, allowing them to see minute openings they had previously missed. Raising his rapier in a dueling stance he steps forward to confront Kronos opposite Edelle.

Teriwyth casts Tactical Acumen and moves to grant Edelle the flank.


Alric, and Casvian? -If Cas wouldn't like to take any actions, I'll assume he's using total defense. You can also use this as an opportunity for a flash-back moment. Get some character development if you like.


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

Alric draws forth his rod of metamagic and casts an Extended Acid Arrow.

Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Acid 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1) + 2 = 4


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6

I will think of something to post about my past. Combat wise Casvian has not idea what to do.


Round 10
23-Kronos
17-Casvian
16-Edelle
10-Alric
9-Teriwynth

Edelle lands every hit against the stunned opponent, and Alric unleashes a caustic liquid onto him that begins to burn.
Teriwynth waits for Kronos to move before casting his spell. As he waits, Kronos casts defensively, and disappears. Before leaving, he looks to the entrance of the cavern, and back to the giant rose. As he lingers on the rose, a softness is seen to come across his face "I shall not be so easy on you come the next time. "
A moment later, he is gone. with no trace of him left. perception check for Alric, Edelle, Teriwynth


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Teriwynth is the first to notice a small bead pulsing with magic in the entryway of the room. It appears to be a solidified mass of bat guano and sulfur, glowing ever quicker.


Female Human Monk 7

Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

Is there any interesting patterns in the moulding of the guano? Maybe a finger print?


Edelle approaches the glowing object. She can see it from all sides as it bobs up and down in the air. She visualizes a hand moulding and forming the material with its slender fingers.


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6

"Is he really gone?


Female Human Monk 7

This doesn't look good!
I attempt to slice off the invisible hands manipulating the do-do.
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 & Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
crit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 & Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
The RNG likes me today!


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

Knowledge Arcana- to determine the spells cast with a specific Material component is DC: 20
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Reflex saves


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6

Reflex:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


Female Human Monk 7

Reflex save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

Reflex 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6

Reflex 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

951 to 1,000 of 1,704 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / In Darkest Times All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.