Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

In Darkest Times (Inactive)

Game Master Magnu123

In short, this homebrew was intended for beginner GM's. The story contains a variety of elements in sequence that gradually go through different terrains, battle situations, and other challenges to allow a DM to become familiar with the rules.


51 to 100 of 1,704 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Magnu:

Spoiler:
Can I make a sense motive check to see if I can tell if this man is trying to trick us? If so, here's my roll:

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14, one higher if he's using the bluff skill.


Thundrik:
There is no insincerity in the drow man's voice. Only a sense of desperation.


Male Human Magus (Blade Bound, Hexcrafter)5

Fort Save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Standard action: Cast shield
Concentration check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Move action: move toward the hooded elf well as best I can as it's a darkness effect in play
21HP left


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6
Alric wrote:
Casvian wrote:


"There is nothing you can to save her. She will fall, and you will die next!"
Lol. You're silenced you know.

Casvian becomes upset when he realizes his voice was stolen, not knowing why he can't talk anymore.


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

Not sure if Casivan forgot his turn or what but for now I'm assuming he's delaying. Spoilered in case Im wrong

Alric's Turn:
As the light is swallowed by darkness, Alric fumbles at one of the cases at his waist, producing a glowing torch. As the light returns he sees a shape ahead where the drow he was engaged with last stood. Alric slashes at the figure, but his eyes are still adjusting, and he misjudges the distance, his blade passing harmlessly in front of the dark elf's face.

"Cursed Darkness...."


Action Breakdown:
Swift Action: Arcane Strike
Move Action: Retrieve Ever-burning torch
Standard: 5-foot step and single attack drow @ E24

Attack1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Damage1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6Arcane Strike
light should now be restored, thanks to the magic of the torch overcoming Darkness


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6

Move action:Pulls everburning torch out, and props it in belt, hoping it does not fall.
5 ft step to F13. If these are 10 ft squares then I still take a 5 ft step
I am assuming the drow preistess is in E15
standard action:Attack with ranger's focus still activated and deadly aim
Attack 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Damage 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

If she is not with 20 feet of my new position then there is 20 percent miss chance.
If a miss chance if needed: 1d100 ⇒ 43

PS:I did one more point of damage than I was supposed to do last time to the drow priestess.

edit2:That should be +29 to hit not 28 if she is withint 30 feet.

If she is out in the open, but outside of 30 feet then I did one less point of damage.


I'll go ahead and take my turn right now, so as to make things go more smoothly.

Thundrik takes another swing with his meaty fist at the drow in front of him.

He's going to attack the drow in E15, Power Attacking for two, dealing nonlethal damage.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 231d3 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

If the drow in E15 moves (likely provoking attacks of opportunity doing so), then I'll move to follow, assuming he/she stays within 20 feet.


Round 2 Summary

Init 9 Varese holds action until the light returns, then casts flaming sphere at the doorway of the tavern. The drow in the centre of the threshold steps past the sphere easily despite her armour.

The drow woman in the centre of the room looks pretty scarred up. 35 hp damage so far

Init 9- The drow minions continue to advance upon you and chaos ensues outside of the light.
The drow in the doorway strikes across the room, towards a surprised Casvian, with a loaded hand crossbow after taking another step back towards the darkness of the night. Alric is assaulted by an arrow from behind as well. Both of these arrows very narrowly miss, bouncing off of their respective armours. a second arrow, however strikes true into Casvian's hip, knocking his torch out of his possession as well. 1 point of damage and a fortitude save please.


Round 3
Init: 20- villagers
18- Hooded Elf
17- Drow Leader
14-Argent
13- Casvian
9-Alric
9-Varese
9-Drow Minions
5-Thundrik

The villagers are out of sight. you are only certain that the salesman still cowers in the corner. He appears to have soiled his trousers. So much for the brave adventurer.

The hooded elf does not stir at the approach of Argent. His message continues in your minds. "My name is Kronos, and I need your help. I will speak to you on the next opportunity. I command you to live. "

The Drow leader central to the fight moves out of the room's centre and releases another burst of negative energy. DC 16 fort, 15 or 1/2

Battle map will be updated tonight. I got a late start to the day, sorry.


Male Human Magus (Blade Bound, Hexcrafter)5

Fort save1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Argent growls in his mind "get out of my head there are too many occupants in here as is!!" He runs at the Drow leader brandishing his blade which he lets it fall to the ground and amazingly it falls through leaving ripples as if it had pierced water. This right eye glows a sickly green as he say "slay Unraveller" in a whisper that is somehow heard by all. and in that instant unraveller is reformed in his hands as if it had never left save for the almost shimmering quality of the blade. He strike at the Drow unleashing his full might.
Swift Action: Use 1pt of arcane pool to grant unfettered +1 and keen.
Free Action:Power attack
Fullround Action: Charge Drow leader
Attack:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Damage:1d8 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
I hope and pray a lousy 15 hits <sigh>
6hp left! Ouch!!


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

@ Argent I feel your pain. No hits for me either.
Hmm.. at least i have Hit points

By the by, I can't tell if Alric is in range of this latest channel.


Male Human Magus (Blade Bound, Hexcrafter)5

yeah the low HP's are biting me in the you know where!


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6

Spoken through mental link:
"I doubt she moved for the stairs because some of us are over there. If any of you are hit by magic(the channel) then let me know so I can go in that direction."

I will post my actions after someone responds, which won't be until after the GM gets back so we will know who got hit by the channel.


It just occured to me that I have speed 30, not 20 (since I'm a Barbarian). So on both of my previous turns, there's been no question as to whether I was able to move far enough. My mistake. I'm a bit unclear of what the battlefield looks like, but for the time being I'm just going to do what I did last round- if the drow I attacked moved (which, if so, hopefully provoked AoOs), then I'm going to follow after, and attack. (Or just stand and attack if no movement.)

If an AoO took place, here it is (including the Power Attack of 2 from last round):

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 101d3 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

I'll step up the Power Attack to 3 for my actual turn, though.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 231d3 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Oh, and I'm dealing only nonlethal damage, by the way, unless for some reason that seems to not have any effect.

Edit: It seems I've forgotten how Pathfinder does Power Attack. I've fixed it. My previous turn would have done two more damage, but I guess it doesn't matter.


New map is up. (I'll leave round 3 up for the night so everyone has a chance to see before posting round 4) All characters are effected by the channel except Argent and Varese.

The drow raiders redouble their assault and their numbers increase as the entranceways are cleared and new opponents fill the space left by their predecessors. Three arrows come out of the darkness towards Casvian, (apparently you have been targetted as a specific threat, perhaps that is what the leader's signal meant ) Two arrows connect and send a poison through your system. fortitude save, also 4 damage

Thundrik: On your turn, your eyesight begins to blur and you attempt to advance forward, but you lose your footing and you can't open your eyes for fatigue. The silent world spins around you and you lose consciousness. That mead must have been stronger than you thought. nighty night. poisoned mead, sorry.


Male Human Magus (Blade Bound, Hexcrafter)5

Sweet! Since I wasn't affected I still have 21HP


Magnu123 wrote:
Thundrik: On your turn, your eyesight begins to blur and you attempt to advance forward, but you lose your footing and you can't open your eyes for fatigue. The silent world spins around you and you lose consciousness. That mead must have been stronger than you thought. nighty night. poisoned mead, sorry.

Curses!


Thundrik the Scarred wrote:
Magnu123 wrote:
Thundrik: On your turn, your eyesight begins to blur and you attempt to advance forward, but you lose your footing and you can't open your eyes for fatigue. The silent world spins around you and you lose consciousness. That mead must have been stronger than you thought. nighty night. poisoned mead, sorry.
Curses!

No, it's not a curse. It's a poison. :)


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

Fort Save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 Still rockin'
current HP:27

Alric snarls as another wave of painful magic washes over him. Glancing back into the room shows a wall of darkness beyond his torchlight, which even his elven senses. Ahead, the drow warrior stood still blocking the doorway.
Alric drops the heatless torch at his feet and instead draws out a rod of metamagic.

Draconic:
"Embrace Pain!"

A stream of hissing liquid appears and lances towards the drow.
Ranged Touch Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Acid Damage 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1) + 2 = 6 bloodline arcana
Hates the dice! Hates them FOREVER!

Spellcraft DC:17:
Acid Arrow

Actions:
Free:Drop torch
Move: Draw Rod of Extend
Standard: Cast Extended Acid Arrow


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6

Round 3:

Alric has a sunrod out, and so do I. She is pretty much still in a lit area.
The torch(sunrod) is on the ground but it still shines.

Fort Save for channel : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Fort Save for poison: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Fort Save for poison. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

5-ft step
closer to the leader
Full Attack-->Deadly Aim + Rapid Shot + Ranger's Focus+ PB Shot

Attack 1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

Attack 2: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29
Damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2
Casvian wrote:

Round 3:

Alric has a sunrod out

everburning torch, but yes


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6
Alric wrote:
Casvian wrote:

Round 3:

Alric has a sunrod out

everburning torch, but yes

That is what I meant. The one that cost 110 gold.

I think that is the best purchase I made.


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2
Casvian wrote:


I think that is the best purchase I made.

Im inclined to agree. But I think the metamagic rod was my best


Round 4
Init: 18- Hooded Elf
17- Drow Leader
14-Argent
13- Casvian
9-Alric
9-Varese
9-Drow Minions
5-Thundrik

The Barkeep and gnome have been successfully subdued by this point and the would-be adventurer was never a threat to the drow in the first place.

The Hooded Elf directs his thoughts specifically towards Casvian "You're only making her mad. Your life will be forfeit if you remain so foolhardy. "

A sudden wind picks up in the room, surrounding the Priestess.

DC 17 Spellcraft:
Wind wall

Varese seems lost to the world, he has fallen to the drow's negative energy and his story may never be told. I'm looking into alternative recruitment options. Too bad, I liked the character concept


Male Human Magus (Blade Bound, Hexcrafter)5

I suggest you just keep Varese as an NPC
Argents resolve falters as he sees Thundrik fall (No heal skill to tell the difference between sleep poison and i'm dying poison) he sheaths Unraveller, apologizing profusely in his head before doing so, and says in a clear voice full of bile and contempt "I yield! Save the Dwarf and I shall surrender peacefully!" He then moves to Thundrik to try something, anything, to help his friend. He looks at the Drow priestess once more a burning glare of hate in his eyes. In his mind he says to Unraveller "We both shall taste her blood before the end times, and wear her entrails as raiment! This I swear to you on my honor as a Hellstrike!" With that he nicks his finger on Unravellers edge sealing the oath with his own blood.(1pt of damage. so I'm at 20HP)


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

Fort Save (Poision) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Spellcraft 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8

Alric curses quietly as he takes stock of his situation. Seeing the fallen Varese and the yet unhurt warrior before him.

Argent Hellstrike wrote:
"I yield! Save the Dwarf and I shall surrender peacefully!"

Hmm... then there's not many of us left. Think its time to be elsewhere.

With a muttered word in Draconic, Alric fades from view. Hopeing to elude persuit, he moves along the outside wall as quietly as possible.

Standard: Cast Extended Vanish (10 rounds)
Move to J22, drow gets AOO @50% miss chance if she can find me

Stealth 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (11) + 22 = 33 Invisible, Thanks Argent


Male Human Magus (Blade Bound, Hexcrafter)5

Hey Alric you forgot to add your +20 from being invisible


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2
Argent Hellstrike wrote:
Hey Alric you forgot to add your +20 from being invisible

Woops, Fixed


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6

This not knowing spells is kicking my butt.
I think that if I live my character may have just learned a valuable lesson.

Seeing his companions drop and/or no longer willing to fight, but not being foolish enough to take on that many opponents alone Casvian reluctantly puts the bow away.

edit:He goes over to help Thundrik after putting the bow away.


The hooded drow disappears as the surrender occurs. " Be safe. You will survive. You will escape. I know it. " Moments later a similar looking man appears in the doorway, much younger, but the facial features are indistinguishably the same. perhaps a son?

A huge swarm of drow move in, binding your hands and removing your weapons. Close eye is kept as this process proceeds and a magical ritual takes place in the tavern once all members are bound. You see a number of unique and ornate pots produced as the drow leader dips her hands in a magically burning oil. As she comes around touching each forehead, you feel your mind slipping away.

A few moments after vanishing, Alric's constitution gives out as well and he finds himself unconscious. He is discovered by the drow a short distance outside of the tavern and placed into the group as well. Your mead wasn't much better than Thundrik's, but you drank less and started later.

End Prologue


Thundrik makes a Dramatic Musical Sting check:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Dun dun DUN!!!


Thundrik gains one negative meta-gaming level for forgetting there's no music in this world :P


Chapter 1: Rising from the Darkness

All of you instantly notice, upon waking, that a ring with magical writing is on the index finger of your right hand.

Thundrik:
Your darkvision is active, and you have a sense that you are a ways underground. In any case, you find yourself without many items normally in your inventory. Taking stock, you are missing: ring of protection, amulet of natural armor, throwing axes, ½ of your potions of cure light wounds, flint and steel, and oil.

You awaken in the open, on a large sprawling pile of straw littered with small boulders. You feel weighted down and sickly. Looking at yourself, you see that you are covered in a thick layer of dirt and material. The boulders surrounding you are covered in this same material. But wait! Upon looking closer, these rocks are moving. You are shocked to see that these are not stones, but in fact creatures: Living beings, humans, gnomes, orcs, and others who are irrecognizable under the filth that has accumulated on their bodies. It seems all at once that these creatures all stir to life before you, rising like the undead and moving in mass together. A stinging in your head occurs as the command “return to the mines” enters your mind. You feel a compulsion to obey this command, but are able to ignore it. Unfortunately, the decision is taken away from you as your leg is suddenly jerked, causing you to stumble forward. You are in a chain gang with 3 others, one of whom is a lost and confused-looking Argent.

Alric:
Essentially all you have left of your items are your clothing. Your backpack remains, containing chalk, rations (3 left), a waterproof bag, vermin repellent, and a hammer. Your blade-boots complete with cleats still remain on your feet as well. All other items are gone.

The bed you awaken in appears to be concealed by a gray cloth matching the colour of the cave wall hemispherical to it. Varese sits beside you, in a daze. The sound of voices moving about beyond the cloth tells you that this area is quite busy at present. Looking out from behind the curtain, you can see that this is a short hallway dug into the cave. small alcoves spaced far apart with candles in them provide the only light. Markings on the wall, special incenses and the like suggest a religious purpose.

Argent:
Some of items have been taken, including your gloves of dexterity, and your sunrods. Of most alarming note is the absence of the unraveler from your side. one of the weaknesses of this archetype, sorry

You awaken in the open, on a large sprawling pile of straw littered with small boulders. You feel weighted down and sickly. Looking at yourself, you see that you are covered in a thick layer of dirt and material. The boulders surrounding you are covered in this same material. But wait! Upon looking closer, these rocks are moving. You are shocked to see that these are not stones, but in fact creatures: Living beings, humans, gnomes, orcs, and others who are irrecognizable under the filth that has accumulated on their bodies. It seems all at once that these creatures all stir to life before you, rising like the undead and moving in mass together. A stinging in your head occurs as the command “return to the mines” enters your mind. You feel a compulsion to obey this command, but are able to ignore it. Unfortunately, the decision is taken away from you as your leg is suddenly jerked, causing you to stumble forward. You are in a chain-gang, tied at the ankle with 3 others. One you know well to be Thundrik, but the others seem only strangely familiar to you. There is no light in the area, so you use your other senses to discover this information.

Casvian:
Your cloak of resistance is nowhere to be found and the bow in your posession appears to be simply of masterwork . Additionally, your flint and steel and everburning torch are missing.

The bed you awaken in is in the corner of a large room constructed of wood and stone. Two support beams accent the centre of the room. Across from you sits a kitchenette set. At the head of your bed is a small locked room. At the foot of the bed, a windowed wall. To the right of that window is a locked door leading outside. Stairs lead up across from the kitchenette. Under the staircase is another storage room, this one strangely familiar and unlocked. You must push aside one chair of three sitting at a table to reach this cupboard under the stairs. In this small room are cleaning supplies and tools for sewing, maintenance, and general repair. It does not take long to realize that you have been a servant in this house. There are some papers on the table near you, written in undercommon. All of this is lit only by a small candle in the corner of the building.


Male Human Magus (Blade Bound, Hexcrafter)5

No worries about Uraveller...as long as it isn't permanent XD
Argent turns to Thundric and say in a whisper "Well isn't this another fine mess you've gotten us into." slightly chuckling then finishing with "I say we figure things out, find Unraveller, then kill everyone responsible! sound good to you? Oh and by the by we both really need a bath"


They took my belt?!? That's low. Lol
But seriously, my belt is a reinforced scarf, did they take it?


Alric's first instinct is to check his hip-region for intrusion and violation. His belt remains tightly wrapped around his waist.


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6

Casvian thinks to himself, "They let me keep a bow, really? This is strange."
He assumes this is an experiment of sorts, and simply waits for his first visitor to arrive.


Thundrik wakes up, remembering very little of how he got here. It takes him a moment, as well as Argent's statement, to get him to grasp what exactly is happening. He looks around at all of the other people chained up, particularly at the poor sap the two of them are connected to.

"Argent... what happened? Can you see down here?"

As he does an inventory of his gear, he notices what's missing... or more particularly, what's not. He still has his pick. He takes a good look at the chains he's bound with, and then tries to make a quick look around to see if he can notice anyone in charge.

Is there anyone within 60 feet (his darkvision range) that looks like they might be some sort of guard or other authority figure? If not, he's going to try and attack the chains with his pick. Do they seem to be of any particular metal? Not sure if you need a check for that or anything.


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2
Magnu123 wrote:
Alric's first instinct is to check his hip-region for intrusion and violation. His belt remains tightly wrapped around his waist.

"hmm, small dignities."

Then checking his gear, he finds he still has his bbots, as well as the hidden blade it conceals.
Unlacing the cleats and stowing them safely in his pack, Alric smiles inwardly.
"Now this is a boon. And no captor can take my inherent power."
He then frowns at the ring on his finger.
"But what is this?"
Knowledge(Arcana)1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 sigh
Spellcraft1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13 cant believe I put no ranks in Spellcraft.


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6
Alric wrote:
Magnu123 wrote:
Alric's first instinct is to check his hip-region for intrusion and violation. His belt remains tightly wrapped around his waist.

"hmm, small dignities."

Then checking his gear, he finds he still has his bbots, as well as the hidden blade it conceals.
Unlacing the cleats and stowing them safely in his pack, Alric smiles inwardly.
"Now this is a boon. And no captor can take my inherent power."
He then frowns at the ring on his finger.
"But what is this?"
Knowledge(Arcana)1d20+8 sigh
Spellcraft1d20+0 cant believe I put no ranks in Spellcraft.

I am not the GM but...:

You can't use spellcraft unless you have at least one rank in it, barring houserules.


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

I think youre right, oops.


Male Human Magus (Blade Bound, Hexcrafter)5

Heh. I had forgotten all about the darn rings. I guess I should try to figure this out also <sheepish grin>
spellcraft:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
OMG this roller hates me


Male Gnome Wizard (scryer sub-school) 4

Not much time this morning, so spartan answers, no fluffy artistic descriptions
Thundrik- two Drow wearing chainmail and a whip further up. they come up yelling at you to be quiet and get back to work, whipping you painfully. Chains are of iron.

Argent:
17 is still decent enough.- prisoner's ring. constant detection and dominate from someone wearing the master ring

Casvian- You listen in silence for a moment, and hear noises upstairs. like a heavy ceramic against wood.


Male Human Magus (Blade Bound, Hexcrafter)5

As Thundrik and I return to work I make an effort to move the chain connecting us to rest upon the rocks we are mining/quarrying so he can have an easy target.I also eye the other member of our chained fellowship to appraise his condition and ability to help....or at least serve as a decoy/distraction.

Whispering Argent addresses his companion "Thundrik I can see almost nothing I suppose I will have to follow your lead again...just like...just like the first time we met. Hopefully the end result is a bit better this time."

Argent then almost swoons as the full weight of only having his own thoughts in his head comes crashing in in an undulating wave of confusion, doubt and despair. He begins almost frantically clawing at his side in the hopes that his visual sense might be betraying him and Uraveller was somehow unnoticed and still at his side but somehow silent. He looks at Thundrik and for the first time since they have known each other the Dwarf can see panic and fear in his friends eyes replacing Argents usual look of cool reserve and arrogance.

"I think we may need help with this old friend and I fear I may be less than helpful" Stopping short and giving the far away stare of a man who has all but lost hope he finally sputters "I'll need more luck than I have right to claim my friend...I feel I am lost" giving the chuckle of a man half mad and half morose Argent resumes his work in earnest hoping to mask the sound of metal striking against metal coming form Thundriks efforts.

He thinks to himself "Oh gods I have never given more than lip service before but in this my blackest hour I ask for deliverance from my captors so that I may lift the name Hellstrike high once more and change this bleak prophesy of the end of all things"
sorry about the long post. I tend to be wordy sometimes


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6
Magnus Thunderf00t wrote:

Not much time this morning, so spartan answers, no fluffy artistic descriptions

Thundrik- two Drow wearing chainmail and a whip further up. they come up yelling at you to be quiet and get back to work, whipping you painfully. Chains are of iron.
** spoiler omitted **
Casvian- You listen in silence for a moment, and hear noises upstairs. like a heavy ceramic against wood.

Maybe waiting around is a bad idea. Casvian wants to check the view of things outside the cell if possible

Perception check: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

After attempting to remove the ring, Alric peers along the corridor, trying to get a clearer picture of his surroundings. Noticing the symbols, he idly wonders at their purpose.
K. Religeon 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6
Alric wrote:

After attempting to remove the ring, Alric peers along the corridor, trying to get a clearer picture of his surroundings. Noticing the symbols, he idly wonders at their purpose.

K. Religeon 1d20+0
Perception 1d20+5

You also can't make knowledge checks untrained.


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2
Casvian wrote:
Alric wrote:

After attempting to remove the ring, Alric peers along the corridor, trying to get a clearer picture of his surroundings. Noticing the symbols, he idly wonders at their purpose.

K. Religeon 1d20+0
Perception 1d20+5
You also can't make knowledge checks untrained.

You can but only if the dc is 10 or less

The Rules wrote:

Untrained: You cannot make an untrained Knowledge

check with a DC higher than 10.

don't know the dc so i rolled on the off chance. Not that it matters with a nat 1


Alric:
You recognize these symbols as that of the church of timelesss order. This is a temple striving to bring life to all things good.

Argent, Thundrik:
You are able to figure out a patrol pattern for the guards (to be posted later) and are Thundrik is able to time his swings against the chain to whenever they are not looking. The man between you two in the line speaks in a hushed voice: "Awake finally? I was beginning to wonder when you two were coming to. Well I suppose you have a lot of questions. This is not the time though, stop messing with that chain. I'll explain everything at break. It should be soon. "

Casvian:
You have free access to leave the cell and explore the room. You are not within the cell. Shortly after hearing the thud of ceramic on tile upstairs, you hear muffled movement, suggesting two bodies upstairs. Your quiver is more empty than you had thought upon first inspection. 5 arrows. Have to make them count. There is a stinging in your mind as you advance towards the stairs and your ring glows a dark orange. " Empty my chamber pot and then hunt down supper. " This is the command given into your mind, but you find yourself able to resist the urge to succumb to this enemy's will.


Male Human Magus (Blade Bound, Hexcrafter)5

During the break Argent addresses this unknown prisoner speaking in a tone full of suspicion "And who are you sir! I am Argent and my friend here will reveal his own name in good time! What is it you have to reveal? Where are we? what skate do you have in helping us?
Sense Motive :1d20 ⇒ 17

51 to 100 of 1,704 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / In Darkest Times All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.