Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

Ibith's Great Game

Game Master Angie H

Current Map, Mind Door Stone, Earth Door stone, Ice door stones


901 to 950 of 1,080 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

Sorry to burst your bubble, Rex - the ape flung poo at all of you. But I love the smugness, so let's add this...

The brawler's mirth was cut short by a 2nd volley of filth emanating from the ape statue. It clearly intended to get the whole group of them.

Two save please, from everybody. Sorry that wasn't clear before. Duncan doesn't need a 2nd save.


female human

EDIT
I took out the Fort save because it would be unnecessary because she made her first save but I left in the reverse poo fling because I liked that too :)

REF, DC=15: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
REF, DC=15: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Why the 2 saves? Did he fling his poo twice?

Quinn manages to avoid the worst of the poo, at first, just out of instinct. When she realized that the monkey was actually flinging its poo at them, she was so flabbergasted that she was unable to avoid the second onslaught.

Part of her was glad that the monkey had hit her because she wanted to get a little payback for herself, even for Duncan. This made her next move, whether pointless or not, worthwhile. Scooping up a hunk of poo in her already dirty hands, she flung it back at the ape. With its closed eyes, it never saw it coming.


What, that wasn't perfectly clear? ;) Originally, the ape flung the poo at everybody. But Rex misread it (because I was unclear) as only Duncan getting hit. So then I retconned it so that the original poo-throw went to Duncan, and a second poo-throw went to the rest of you. Just because I enjoy flinging s#$$ so much. So, everybody only needs one ref save. You can scrub that part of your post if you like, but the reverse poo fling was pretty awesome.

Just to keep things moving along...this goes after reactions to the last challenge.

The next part of the challenge seemed to be crossing a river. At least, what appeared to be an attempt to make an artificial river. It was more of a pool really. The pool seemed to be full of a very thick mud.

Close to where Team Orra currently stood, just behind the ape's plinth, was a fancy crystal bowl sitting on a tree stump. The bowl was filled with a pinkish looking liquid. Beside the bowl was a silver dipper.

On the other side of the "river" was a similar stump and a similar bowl, but the second bowl appeared to be empty.

Sticking out of the mud were six roundish mounds. They made a somewhat zig-zag route across the mud. They looked rather like giant mushroom caps, either submerged or floating in the water. It was impossible to tell just by looking if they would be spongy to stand on, or slippery, or firm.

The mounds were close enough together you could probably get from one to the other with a large stride; jumping was probably not going to be necessary. Probably.


female human

Quinn looked at the bowls and the dipper. "I'm guessing we have to transport the pink liquid from one bowl to the other using that dipper. What isn't known is whether one person can do it for the team or do we have to take turns? And how do you get the dipper back once we've transported the liquid?"

She puzzled over this before saying, "So maybe I was wrong. Any other thoughts?"


Half-elven Ranger 4th level | HP 33/28 (NL) | AC 17/T14/F13 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +2 | BAB +4 CMB +5 CMD 19 | Per +11 SM +6
Sp. Saves:
Immune to sleep spells and effects/+2 saves vs enchantment

ref save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Jibril looked back concerned with the first bell ring. At the second bell ring he bolted the last stride to the base of the Ape's post. He turned as Duncan followed him and saw the ape excrement coming but too late. One moment he was standing there not covered in monkey poo and the next he was. There was a look on his face that was hard to suss out I guess it must be the middle of the week "This is a lot like the time I worked for the Corstican Sablery and all of the horses were sick." Jibril jolted forward as he looked for a space one of his friends weren't standing and heaved violently "Yes, just like the stables."
Are there lingering effects?

Quinn wrote:
"I'm guessing we have to transport the pink liquid from one bowl to the other using that dipper. What isn't known is whether one person can do it for the team or do we have to take turns? And how do you get the dipper back once we've transported the liquid?"... "So maybe I was wrong. Any other thoughts?"

"Only two thoughts: We can't know without trying, and, I don't think that those mounds are rocks ... there is a chance they might be slightly alive. Perhaps, once you are across you might toss the ladle back? Sorry, that's three thoughts."

Jibril then threw up a little in his mouth.


Male Human Brawler 4 | HP 44/44 | Init +2 | AC: 21/14T/16F | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0 | Perc. +6; SM +6 | Martial Flex. 5/5 | Knockout 1/1
Active Effects:
Combat Expertise +1 included in base stats

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Fortitude: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Perhaps if Rex hadn't been distracted mocking Duncan, he might have seen the poo coming. Perhaps if he hadn't been laughing so hard, his mouth wouldn't have been open. There were a lot of things that Rex regretted in that moment.

"What the...?!?...pfft...pah....expt....spppth....!" Was all he could get out as he began spitting and retching. After a few moments, he composed himself enough to grab water from his pack and drink desperately. It barely helped.

Still brushing himself off, he looked at the challenge ahead. "Perhaps we just have to go back and forth and it doesn't matter if one person carries the ladle the whole time? At bare minimum, we probably all have to cross though." He eyed the mushroom caps suspiciously, "...and perhaps that is not so easy? Or maybe you can only cross with the ladle?"


No lingering effects, except for the smell....

Once you have a strategy, I'll let you know what you need to roll


female human

Quinn picked up the dipper. "I guess the only way to know is to give it a try. I'll take a dipper-full to the other side and then bring the ladle back. I think it's too far to throw."


Ok, if Quinn is going to cross alone, with a full dipper, then make five acrobatic/dexterity rolls, one for each step, with increasing DCs of: 10, 12, 14, 16, and 18. Failing by 1 spills half the liquid, by 2 spills all the liquid, failing by 3 or more means you fall in. The mounds are slippery, slightly bouncy, and they start to sink as soon as you step on the first one. If you fall in, it's DC 20 to get back on, or you can just wade out (it's about armpit deep).


Half-elven Ranger 4th level | HP 33/28 (NL) | AC 17/T14/F13 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +2 | BAB +4 CMB +5 CMD 19 | Per +11 SM +6
Sp. Saves:
Immune to sleep spells and effects/+2 saves vs enchantment

Is it possible to secure a rope from stump to stump to act as an occasional hand hold? I don't envision the mounds as being in a straight line - would it be helpful? Also, can I assist by getting in the mud and acting as an extra foothold?
Jibril was retching from a crouching position at the edge of the grove when he raised his arm with index finger extended like he was trying to get someone's attention, "Woe, woah! Ah, yes, I think it's stopped. Perhaps I can help?" He wrapped up his equipment and armor in his crappy cloak and plunged into the mud his arms holding his cloak high. He waded through the river and deposited the cloak on the far side then returned to a spot between the last mound and the far side. He spread his legs slightly to brace his shoulders for Quinn's foot. Jibril smiled a big earnest smile as he yelled back, "The mud smells better than monkey feces!"
acrobatic assist -6 for heavy encumbrance? (Quinn): 1d20 + 9 - 6 ⇒ (15) + 9 - 6 = 18
His smile faded suddenly. I miss Elia. She had a way with water that would have been useful once I get out of here.


Male CG Human Unchained Summoner 4 (master summoner) | CMB: 3, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +0, SM +1 | Speed 30ft |

Duncan was tired of this thing.

He looked at the challenge, "How about we get creative? I can summon an eagle to fly back and forth. Or better yet, a small air elemental; they fly perfectly. Someone would be here to give the elemental the ladle full of liquid and someone on the other side to receive the ladle, empty the liquid, and give the ladle back."

He looked about, "Do you think that would be cheating?"


Male Human Brawler 4 | HP 44/44 | Init +2 | AC: 21/14T/16F | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0 | Perc. +6; SM +6 | Martial Flex. 5/5 | Knockout 1/1
Active Effects:
Combat Expertise +1 included in base stats

Rex gave Duncan an appraising look, "Can you do that? Because its actually a pretty good idea." He turned to the others, "I don't think they could disqualify us. It's not like we are being given a hard set of rules as to how to solve this. Worst case scenarios are they either stop us from doing it or it just doesn't work..."


Half-elven Ranger 4th level | HP 33/28 (NL) | AC 17/T14/F13 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +2 | BAB +4 CMB +5 CMD 19 | Per +11 SM +6
Sp. Saves:
Immune to sleep spells and effects/+2 saves vs enchantment

Jibril started to feel pretty stupid standing there almost neck deep in the slowly welling mud ”What are you all talking about?! You’re going to summon something? Um, sure, that sounds great! great At least it’s clean mud He clambered out of the river and stood next to the stump.


female human

Quinn had to grudgingly approve of Duncan's plan. It sounded like a lots less liquid would be spilled his way. "Ok Duncan. Summon your air elemental and let's get this show on the road."


Okay - fly check DC 16 to get across without spilling. Will the elemental deliver the dipper to Jibril, who will then put the liquid in the bowl?

It will take 6 dipperfulls to transfer the entire contents from one to the other.


Male CG Human Unchained Summoner 4 (master summoner) | CMB: 3, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +0, SM +1 | Speed 30ft |
Quinn Starling wrote:
Quinn had to grudgingly approve of Duncan's plan. It sounded like a lots less liquid would be spilled his way. "Ok Duncan. Summon your air elemental and let's get this show on the road."

Duncan snapped to attention and called forth his transparent angel. A few seconds later and he got a dipper full of water and handed it to the elemental.

he waited until Quinn got across and was ready to receive the elemental.

"Now slowly give it to the scowling young lady over there and come back with it for more..."

----------
small air elementals have +17 on their fly check...


Half-elven Ranger 4th level | HP 33/28 (NL) | AC 17/T14/F13 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +2 | BAB +4 CMB +5 CMD 19 | Per +11 SM +6
Sp. Saves:
Immune to sleep spells and effects/+2 saves vs enchantment
Duncan Clayton, III wrote:
he waited until Quinn got across and was ready to receive the elemental.

Jibril is already across. He can receive the ladle if you want.


female human

Turning to Duncan she said, "Why don't we see if this works first before I cross. Jibril is already there so your angel can give it to him. If it doesn't work, then I'll have to try crossing with the ladle myself."


The ladle rose into the air, and was carefully and easily transported to Jibril. The half-elf emptied it into the bowl, then the elemental returned it to Duncan. They repeated this procedure flawlessly five more times, until all the pink liquid had been transferred into the 2nd bowl.

As the last drop plopped in, the pink solution began to boil vigorously. A pink fog rolled out of the bowl, spilling over the edge and down to the ground. For a few seconds the bowl was completely hidden by the fog, until the sound of boiling stops and the fog dissipates.

The pink liquid is gone, and a pile of treasure has taken its place. It's a bit hard to focus on - Jibril can't tell exactly what's in there, except that some of it is shiny, and it just...feels valuable.

As he turns to tell the others what he sees, a loud voice complains, "Oh, come on! That was cheating!"

wow, those were some amazing rolls:

Duncan perception: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Jibril perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Quinn perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Rex perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

All four Orrans turn, and are able to see that past the next (and from the looks of it, final) challenge, a few faces are just visible peering through the north part of the fence. Quinn is pretty sure one of the is Timothy.


Male Human Brawler 4 | HP 44/44 | Init +2 | AC: 21/14T/16F | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0 | Perc. +6; SM +6 | Martial Flex. 5/5 | Knockout 1/1
Active Effects:
Combat Expertise +1 included in base stats

Rex claps Duncan on the back once more, this time more approvingly (though still likely far too hard). "Well done indeed! I see why they keep you around!" He said with a laugh. Squinting through the fog, he saw the other figures peering through the fence. "It's not cheating if there isn't a rule against it, lad!" He shouted spiritedly.


female human

"You did good, Duncan", Quinn said grudgingly. "But the three of us still need to get across."

The voices caught the rogue's attention and she looked over in their direction. She did a double-take when she thought she saw Timothy. She inadvertently reaches up and smooths her hair. Her inner competitor delights in showing off for the audience.

I'm assuming we still need to make the ref/acro rolls? Is the DC any easier because we won't be carrying the ladle?


DCs to get across without holding the dipper are 5, 7, 9, 11, 13. You can get +2 aid another from anybody (or any elemental) helping to stabilize you.


female human

acrobatics,DC5: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
acrobatics,DC7: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
acrobatics,DC9: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
acrobatics,DC11: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
acrobatics,DC13: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Quinn makes it across fairly easily. On the second to last mound she got a little overconfident and waivered a bit but still managed to get to the opposite side without incident.

She turned and looked at Rex and Duncan. "You guys coming? If you need help, Jibril is available."


Male CG Human Unchained Summoner 4 (master summoner) | CMB: 3, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +0, SM +1 | Speed 30ft |
Quinn Starling wrote:
She turned and looked at Rex and Duncan. "You guys coming? If you need help, Jibril is available."

Duncan could not believe what he was hearing, "But didn't we just outsmart the trial? Do we still have to get across?"

Sighing, the man asked his angel for help in getting across and mumbled all the way, "I better not fall. I better not fall..."

But he fell. Duncan was pissed, "Remind why we are doing this again."

---------------
acrobatics, help, DC 5: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11
acrobatics, help, DC 7: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 = 14
acrobatics, help, DC 9: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 = 15
acrobatics, help, DC 11: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6


Male Human Brawler 4 | HP 44/44 | Init +2 | AC: 21/14T/16F | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0 | Perc. +6; SM +6 | Martial Flex. 5/5 | Knockout 1/1
Active Effects:
Combat Expertise +1 included in base stats

Rex followed along behind Duncan, remarking proudly Quinn, "Haven't had enough trouble to need help yet!" He hopped the first few mushrooms with little difficulty, seemingly living up to his brag.

Acrobatic DC 5: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Acrobatic DC 7: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Acrobatic DC 9: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Acrobatic DC 11: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

He watched as Duncan slipped and fell on the second to last one. He hopped over to help him, assuming the summoner was just being clumsy again. In his arrogance, he very nearly slipped in himself. Oops. That one is kind of slick. Stabilizing himself, he kneeled down to try an help Duncan get back up. "Here. Take my hand. Let me go first, then jump to me. I'll stop you from falling in." Rex told Duncan confidently. ...and if I can't, I guess he's already muddy and **** covered...

Acrobatics (Aid Duncan): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Acrobatic DC 13: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Acrobatic DC 13 (Aid Duncan Again): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Quinn practically skips across the mounds, happy to make a good impression for Timothy. Rex helps the sodden summoner, and eventually everybody is standing by the bowl of treasure.

A little closer now to the fence, they are able to make out at least three people watching them - Timothy, and two people from his team. A woman in a dark red cloak says, "I bet you fifty gold you can't make it through the last challenge, Starling."

The man who'd complained of cheating lets out a snort, then speaks quietly to Timothy. The boy laughs and shakes his head. Helpfully, Timothy calls out, "You know you don't all need to do this together, right? The thieves challenge is more about showing off than getting tokens. Why don't the rest of you just come back 'round to here, and let Quinn focus?"


Half-elven Ranger 4th level | HP 33/28 (NL) | AC 17/T14/F13 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +2 | BAB +4 CMB +5 CMD 19 | Per +11 SM +6
Sp. Saves:
Immune to sleep spells and effects/+2 saves vs enchantment
Angie H wrote:
Helpfully, Timothy calls out, "You know you don't all need to do this together, right? The thieves challenge is more about showing off than getting tokens."

The thieves challenge? Jibril backed away from the shiny treasure, "Quinn, perhaps you should check it out first. Thank you young man!"

Angie H wrote:
"Why don't the rest of you just come back 'round to here, and let Quinn focus?"

That sounds ... not quite right. Is Timothy asking this under duress?sense motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Jibril turned his back to the onlookers and whispered to Rex, "Do they want our Quinn separated from us? And where is the rest of their team? ... I mean, the boy seems sincere enough. I don't know. It ... smells wrong."


female human

Quinn bristled as the verbal catcalls started. As much as she loathed to part with any coin, the woman's bet was not easily ignored. If Quinn didn't agree then it was obviously letting everyone know that she didn't have confidence in her own abilities. She was bound and determined to make her eat her words. There was no better way to do that than when she parts with fifty gold.

"If you're so eager to part with your fifty gold, who am I to stop you. You're on!"

Her eyes narrowed slightly as Timothy laughs. He wouldn't be laughing at her, would he?

"I'm perfectly focused with them here but thanks for your concern," she says with a slight acidic edge to her voice. Timothy knew her well enough to know that her tone was warning him to back off without actually saying anything further.

k.Game: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 Since we are in teams for a reason, this doesn't sound true to Quinn as well. Is there any truth to what he's saying? She'll also be adding a sense motive roll...
sense motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28


Male Human Brawler 4 | HP 44/44 | Init +2 | AC: 21/14T/16F | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0 | Perc. +6; SM +6 | Martial Flex. 5/5 | Knockout 1/1
Active Effects:
Combat Expertise +1 included in base stats

Rex looked from Jibril to the other team uncertainly, before whispering back, "I don't know what they want, but I doubt it's to be helpful. You're right to keep an eye on them." He looked back at the group, cracking his knuckles and giving them a sarcastically pleasant grin. Watching Quinn, he turned to Jibril once more. "Does Quinn know these people?"


Half-elven Ranger 4th level | HP 33/28 (NL) | AC 17/T14/F13 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +2 | BAB +4 CMB +5 CMD 19 | Per +11 SM +6
Sp. Saves:
Immune to sleep spells and effects/+2 saves vs enchantment
Alvar "Rex" Zosimus wrote:
"Does Quinn know these people?"

Now a little louder and turning back around, "I think you do know the man there, Quinn? Was it he you waved at before the game started?" Sorry Shari, I think you were being bot'ed during that particular moment. It was just before we entered the game. Probably around pg5. Jibril looked to Rex "I do not know his name. At one time I was worried we found a light blood trail left by him leading to the cold door on the lower level. He always seems to be sporting fresh bruises. I think his team treat him rather badly." At that Jibril looked at the final obstacle, What comes next?, while he removed whatever mud had dried so he could re-dress. He rung out his socks before putting on his boots on. "That's funny, the mud usually goes on the outside."


female human

Quinn focused on studying the final challenge but her eyes flicked over to Timothy briefly before she answered Rex and Jibril. "I've known Timothy for a lot of years. We are...were?...friends. I don't know the others. They belong to his team." And most likely the ones responsible for the attack on us that first night. But that was still a thought she was intent on keeping to herself.


Male Human Brawler 4 | HP 44/44 | Init +2 | AC: 21/14T/16F | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0 | Perc. +6; SM +6 | Martial Flex. 5/5 | Knockout 1/1
Active Effects:
Combat Expertise +1 included in base stats

Rex raised his eyebrow a little. "Friends, huh?" He chuckled a little and turned to give Jibril a look suggesting he thoroughly thought there was something else there. "Well, I'll let you just get on with what you were doing. I'd hate for us...or your 'friend' to distract you any further..."

Can we see the next challenge yet?


Half-elven Ranger 4th level | HP 33/28 (NL) | AC 17/T14/F13 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +2 | BAB +4 CMB +5 CMD 19 | Per +11 SM +6
Sp. Saves:
Immune to sleep spells and effects/+2 saves vs enchantment

Quinn- did you want to see if the treasure was booby-trapped first?


female human

Yes, I forgot about the treasure. Quinn, however, wouldn't have.

With the distraction of Timothy lessened for the moment, Quinn took a look at the treasure that had replaced the bowl once the liquid had been fully transported.

Before lifting the treasure, Quinn took a close look for traps.

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

What is our shiny?


Timothy's advice seems to be on the level. Quinn has heard of various guilds/organizations sponsoring events within the game in the past - it's possible that this is something similar. After all, it didn't have a sigil on the gate the way the other Doors did.

Quinn doesn't find any signs of a trap. Looking into the bowl is...unsettling. The contents seem hazy, as if being viewed through deep water, or heat haze. What is clear is the item on top. It's a string of gold coins. They all have a hole punched through their centre, and are strung together on what appears to be a cord of some type. She'd have to lift it to be sure, but there must be at least several dozen coins on the cord.

"What do you see, Quinn? I got a gold bar so heavy that I had to leave it in safekeeping at the market!" Timothy gloated, then grunted as the woman with him smacked him hard across the face.

If Quinn lifts out the cord of coins, make a will save DC 20. If anybody else looks in, let me know

The final challenge begins just past the bowl. It starts with a heavy cable that is strung starting at knee height, and rises up about fifteen feet where it is attached to a tall wooden pole.

From the cable, it appears that you need to hop down to a series of other poles, all standing on end. They are interspersed with sharpened stakes, so missing a landing would be painful, if not deadly.

After jumping from post to post (it was hard to see how many - seven? eight?), then it was a hop down to the ground. The next bit was hidden from view at this vantage point, as it appeared to go behind a short wall. What could be seen were a few traps - darts of some sort - that were aimed through small holes in the wall at whatever was on the other side.

Once past whatever was on the other side of the wall, it looked like the conclusion of the challenge was to climb another pole. This one looked smooth and shiny - very shiny. It was about ten feet high, and at the top was a delicate looking hourglass.

On the other side of the shiny pole was the gate out. It did look like there was a path from where they stood to the gate on the other side of the pole.

Here is my lame sketch of the last challenge.


female human

Hell yes she's going to lift out the coins :) But I don't like her chances for making the will save...

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 That's a big old NOPE

Does that affect her being able to try the last challenge? And what kind of DCs is she looking at?


PM'd Quinn.

For the first part, it's two rolls, DC 20. If you fail the first one, it's low enough not to hurt yourself. The second one is higher, and you would need a roll DC 15 to avoid falling damage. Failure means 1d6 damage.

For the logs, it's six jumps, each DC 15. Failure by 4 or less means you can make a ref save, DC 20, to grab onto the pole you were aiming for and pull yourself up. Failure by 5 or more means you fall onto a spike, take 2d6 damage. Depending on how much damage you take, you can decide if a body part is impaled, or if you just slice yourself on the way down to the ground.

If you make it to the end of the logs, I'll tell you what you see behind the wall.

Who else is going to look in the treasure bowl? Anybody else doing the challenge?


Male CG Human Unchained Summoner 4 (master summoner) | CMB: 3, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +0, SM +1 | Speed 30ft |

Duncan was very, very happy that he did not have to that obstacle course. After hurting his feet and being covered in monkey poo, he was longing for some sort of puzzle.

He still fiddled around with his magic and smelled himself every minute or so. He kept bothering Jibril to tell him if he smelled of poo.

The little air angel blew his curls back and Duncan kept talking to it.

He offered Quinn, "Do you want him hovering around you? Maybe holding a stick or something that you can grab onto? That may help your balance..."

-----------
offer to 'aid another' with air elemental


Male Human Brawler 4 | HP 44/44 | Init +2 | AC: 21/14T/16F | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0 | Perc. +6; SM +6 | Martial Flex. 5/5 | Knockout 1/1
Active Effects:
Combat Expertise +1 included in base stats

Rex looked at the spike hesitantly. "If indeed only one of us has to to this...Quinn is probably the best equipped to do it." He looked to Duncan, "...and if your flying man thing can help, even better."

"What was in that bowl?" Rex asked Quinn, peering inside.

Will?: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5


female human

Quinn pulls out the corded coins and quickly stowed them in her bag. She then moved towards the last challenge.

When asked about the bowl, she answered distractedly, "You're free to look inside the bowl yourself. I got what I needed. There may be something left."

She assesses the situation and knows that it won't be easy. It'll also be more difficult with her pack. She hands her pack to Jibril believing him to be the most trustworthy and least curious one of the group. "Please take good care of my things."

She stretches and moves her muscles to prep them for the upcoming task. "Thanks Duncan for the offer of help from your air angel. Knowing he's there will give me peace of mind if I need him."

Quinn hopped up on to the cable and used her experience as a ledge walker to move along the narrow cable. The air elemental hovered to her right but the rogue never even needed it as she moved.

acrobatics,DC20: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 2 = 31
acrobatics,DC20: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 2 = 24

Once at the top she took a deep cleansing breath as she assessed the log jumps. The spikes looked intimidating but she couldn't stop now. Her first three jumps go as planned. But then someone yells something from beyond the fence and the momentary lapse in concentration caused her foot to only land halfway on the log. The elemental tries to blow her back on to the log but she's too heavy. To her horror, she begins to fall.

acrobatics,DC15: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 2 = 17
acrobatics,DC15: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 = 19
acrobatics,DC15: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 2 = 29
acrobatics,DC15: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 = 14
REF,DC20: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 If the spikes are considered a trap then she gets a +9 and she makes her DC20

You didn't say what happens if you fail the REF roll to pull yourself up on to the log so I'll stop here at the 4th log


Rex sees ... something... in the bottom of the bowl. He doesn't really focus on it, because he is instantly drawn to the small item sitting on top of the others. It is a man's ring, the colour of forged iron, and very solid-looking. It has some dwarven runes on the side.

If Rex grabs the ring:

The dwarven runes spell out the word FREEDOM. The ring fits Rex perfectly. He will become completely uninterested in what remains in the bowl after he removes his ring.


We'll say that it counts as a trap, and the elemental gives you a +2 , so you make it. If you fall, take damage as per my last post.


Male Human Brawler 4 | HP 44/44 | Init +2 | AC: 21/14T/16F | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0 | Perc. +6; SM +6 | Martial Flex. 5/5 | Knockout 1/1
Active Effects:
Combat Expertise +1 included in base stats

Huh? Rex thought, as he saw the ring. Is it safe to reach in? Quinn did, so it must be. Grabbing it, he read the inscription. Arthurs? He thought instinctively, before realizing that it must be a coincidence. Still, he liked it. It reminded him of the old dwarf and all that he still needed to do. He decided he would wear it, as a reminder.

This can't end well, lol


female human

I was already counting the air elemental but with it being considered a trap, she makes her REF save :)

As Quinn began to fall, she reached out and hugged the log with both her arms and legs. She manages to pull herself back on to the top of the log. She takes a moment to catch her breath and calm herself before making the next jump.

acrobatics,DC=15: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 2 = 16
acrobatics,DC=15: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 = 14
REF,DC20: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Still slightly unsteady from her near fall, Quinn's jumps are wobbly. She managed to land on the fifth log but rushed her last jump and nearly fell again. Thankfully she knew what to expect and with the help of the air elemental made it safely to the end.


Half-elven Ranger 4th level | HP 33/28 (NL) | AC 17/T14/F13 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +2 | BAB +4 CMB +5 CMD 19 | Per +11 SM +6
Sp. Saves:
Immune to sleep spells and effects/+2 saves vs enchantment

Jibril has forgotten about the fountain and stood as still as a statue holding Quinn’s pack, his eyes nearly unblinking. His outward appearance was callously stoic about Quinn’s trial but his inner self was doing an uncoreographed dance of concern.


"OOhhhh...nicely done! Very smooth! Top marks!" The catcalls from the other side of the fence were unrelenting, and Timothy's two teammates seemed delighted by her two near-falls. By the time Quinn landed on safe ground again, close to the booby-trapped wall, she could see them more clearly. Timothy smiled at her encouragingly.

Quinn looked at the next part of the task. She was standing at the entrance to a strange sort of hallway. It was completely enclosed - walls on both sides, and a roof/ceiling above. Inside It was about 7 feet wide and twenty feet long...almost like a hallway-tunnel. The other end was open and she could see the shiny looking pole on the other side.

Inside was a maze of thin red wires. They criss-crossed from side to side, from ceiling to floor. It was clearly a more challenging version of the bamboo grove - if she triggered any of the wires, she'd trigger a trap - probably those darts she saw from the outside.

All of this, however, Quinn took in with a glance. It was just the background noise to what demanded her attention. Lying on the floor, close to the other end of the hallway, lay a person. There was blood pooled on the floor - not enough to be deadly, but enough to be bad, and the person wasn't moving.

Quinn couldn't tell age or gender - they were wearing a dark cape with the hood up, and were lying face-down. She could only tell that the person was about her size. And very very still.


Are Duncan or Jibril going to check the treasure bowl?


Half-elven Ranger 4th level | HP 33/28 (NL) | AC 17/T14/F13 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +2 | BAB +4 CMB +5 CMD 19 | Per +11 SM +6
Sp. Saves:
Immune to sleep spells and effects/+2 saves vs enchantment

Jibril watched as Quinn disappeared somewhere between the wall and last spikes. He's crawling with concern, It's not right we should be separated like this He looks back at Duncan and Rex hoping to see a consensus of worry but only sees Rex fumbling with something small. Where did that come from? He looked into the font: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 +2 more if it's and enchantment spell or effect


Male Human Brawler 4 | HP 44/44 | Init +2 | AC: 21/14T/16F | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0 | Perc. +6; SM +6 | Martial Flex. 5/5 | Knockout 1/1
Active Effects:
Combat Expertise +1 included in base stats

"I wonder what's going on over there..." Rex remarked to the others as they waited for Quinn. "Guess she'd shout if she was in any trouble, right?"


Male CG Human Unchained Summoner 4 (master summoner) | CMB: 3, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +0, SM +1 | Speed 30ft |
Alvar "Rex" Zosimus wrote:
"I wonder what's going on over there..." Rex remarked to the others as they waited for Quinn. "Guess she'd shout if she was in any trouble, right?"

Duncan nodded, "Yeah, I guess she will."

He cocked his head, "So what did you find in that treasure bowl? Did you leave anything?"

901 to 950 of 1,080 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ibith's Great Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2018 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.