Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Hymenopterix's Colonies of the Salt Coast

Game Master Electric Monk


2,101 to 2,150 of 3,417 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>

HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Sorry - wasn't quite up to speed.

Xerafine turns to Mikmek and relays your question. In response he scowls and stands taller. "Cave-livers take our plants, hunt our animals, steal holy stone-man. Steal holy-stone man three times! Just since last time sky-egg was round. We Scootfeathers fight now! We get back holy-stone man and kill all cave-livers! They like rats. Cave-livers and Scootfeathers will not live in same place any more! Tartuk says for Scootfeathers to kill all mites or holy-stone man get cross and not help Scootfeathers anymore." At this point Mikmek brandishes his small knife. "Should kill Cave-liver female! All cave-livers need to die!"

All the while the small, mangy creature lies at Bein's feet sobbing and clutching forward with its small dirty claws.


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Bein's interposes himself between Mikmek and his captive when the small creature draws his knife. When Mikmek steps forward the small creature takes pause as Bein draws his sword in a single fluid motion and speaks, his voice as hard and unforgiving as his steel sword. "Mikmek! Sheath your weapon. No one kills an unarmed prisoner, savage or not... Not while I draw breath." He stands there sword drawn and shield at the ready, he wouldn't kill Mikmek but he wasn't going to see his prisoner slain in cold blood either...


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Xarafine steps between Bein and Mikmek, one hand on the knights sword-arm, the other on the small creature's shoulder.

"Peace friends. Fighting amongst ourselves will accomplish nothing. We have a hostage, a person of status within their tribe. They have a hostage, as well, the holy- stone man. We have an opportunity to negotiate a prisoner exchange, and perhaps, walk away without further bloodshed."


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Jack considers. "What he wants his justice. Tell him he will be more likely to get it if we do not kill the cave-liver now."


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

"Mikmek. If you kill her, she cannot serve as a hostage nor can she be questioned about the intentions of the Cave-livers. I know that they hurt you, I know that they have killed members of your clan, but blind rage will give you no justice. Please..."


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Bein remained steady, a mountain of armor that stood between Mikmek and their prisoner. He didn't know what was being said between the Teacher and the birdling but unless he stopped menacing the captive Bein couldn't step aside. He knew though this standoff was wasting valuable time...

"If I must I can carry the creature in the rear and you can keep Mikmek up front, if they're separated their will be less chance of them killing each other..."


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Bump


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

What's the plan?


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

"We should take this one with us, and leave the warren. We move to a defensible location above ground where we can negotiate a prisoner exchange, and perhaps, some sort of cessation of the bloodshed between the two tribes."


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Bein nods in agreement with Teacher Xarafine. "I agree, we should get moving soon before they mount another attack." He sheathed his sword and watched Mikmek warily for a moment before picking up his prisoner off the floor, double checking there bindings before placing them in front of himself so he could keep an eye on them.

Would have posted sooner but lost my dot :(


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Jack nods. "I also agree with getting moving. I... I hope you are right that we may be able to negotiate a peace, but given the cave-liver's ruthlessness and the kalds' yearning for vengeance... it is unlikely."

He starts to adjust his equipment, then pauses to add with a slight but encouraging smile, "But if anyone can do it, I imagine it is Teacher Xarafine."


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

"I hope you are correct, Jack," Xarafine replies.

"Mikmek, could you draw a picture of thr Holy-Stone Man here on the floor?"
she asks, making a large circle with the butt of the Speaking Staff, and tapping the inside of it.

"It is time we made our demands."

She draws a second circle, and inside it makes a crude image of the captured cave-liver, including as many recognizable features as possible. She then draws an arcing arrow from the top of her circle, pointing to the top of Mikmek's. She then draws another arcing arrow from the bottom of Mikmek's circle to hers. She draws an arrow towards the exit-passage, and finally, draws a circle with lines extending outward in all directions over a larger circle with a crudely drawn spider in the center.

This, once Mikmek adds his work, should be a clear enough message. We will meet them at mid-day in the field where we killed the giant spider. It is open, so we should be able to see them coming, and it will be a sign of our strength when they see that the spider has been vanquished."


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Mikmek looks up at Xerafine's request and bends down with his knife to sketch a figure on the floor. Although the figure is very rough, it is immediately obvious that it is humanoid, and doesn't resemble either a birdling, nor a kald. The figure, however is strange - it looks like two small branches are attached to its head.

Once finished Mikmek looks up. "We set trap for dirty-cave livers, yes? They come and big-spider hunt them?"


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

"The spider is dead, Mikmek. We are not going to kill them unless they attack us first. Our goal is to free the Holy-stone Man, and to return him to your tribe."

She looks to the others. "The open field will also allow us to use our horses, should matters go poorly. "


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

"Indeed. And let him know if this goes well, the cave-livers should not bother them again."


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Bein nods in agreement with Teacher Xarafine and pushes their prisoner forward firmly as they prepare to move back to the surface. Out of the caves and back to their mounts. "It sounds good to me Teacher, it will allow us to avoid being surrounded and hemmed in again. Let us hope this ends without further bloodshed..."


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

Finnabar looks away from his watch. [b]"All right, let's move out. I'm beginning to hate all these caves."[b]


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

You manage to slowly work your way out of the cavern, having left what you hope is a clear symbol for the birdlings. As you emerge into the daylight it takes several seconds for your eyes to adjust, as the day has turned out to be hot and cloudless with barely a hint of wind.

You move to check on the horses and begin to make you way back to the East and towards the spider's lair. As dusk approaches you finally come to the site of your battle with the arachnid and within a short time, the campsite is set up.

All can move up to lvl 3 - post changes in the discussion thread. Also note here what you're doing about guarding the prisoner etc.


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Jack assists with setting up the campsite, and volunteers to take middle watch.

For the prisoner, Jack speaks quietly to the others, although Mikmek probably cannot hear him anyway. "We must take care where we put the birdling. She may be in danger of our friend's lust for vengeance as much as she may try to escape or be rescued. I am not sure what the best option would be. Keep her close to one of us?"


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Bein helped setting up the camp, tying their prisoner off to Arundel's saddle and he gave Arundel firm orders to Guard the prisoner. Once camp was set he went about gathering wood and camp fire supplies from the surrounding area, with Arundel quietly following behind him while the prisoner grunted from being left tied across the saddle. It wasn't the fairest treatment but at least no one had to worry about them running off on them or Mikmek getting blood thirsty either.

His idea on how to deal with the prisoner was simple, it put him in the line of fire for the birdlings revenge over the fall of its... children. But Mikmek would be less likely to make a move if he and Arundel stood in his path. "The birdling can sleep near me, Arundel can aid me in guarding our prisoner and whoever is on watch will have to assist us by keeping an eye on then now and again if we are asleep. I believe however that it's bindings will hold it for now and that should deter our... new comrade from doing something regretful."

Bein's treatment of the prisoner:

With it bound to a stump near the camp fire Bein tried to work on making sure their prisoner was warm and fed. Despite the fact that the bridling had charged at him mere hours ago, intent on sticking him with a stone carved knife in the caves, Bein treats them fairly and without abuse. Except of course she remained bound, he took great care in feeding them as best he could. To prove he mean't no foul intent he made sure to take a bite out of whatever he was offering, to show he hadn't done something unwarranted to the food. He even shares his water with the creature after taking a swig himself and doesn't get upset at all if it acts irrational or unruly towards him.

Diplomacy - Improve Relations (not likely, but Bein is Bein~) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

He understood its loathing for him and that was the way of fighting, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose something close to you. It ha lost many of its pets this day and Bein wasn't ashamed of what he had done, he had defended himself and it had defended its home, right or wrong didn't matter in combat like that. Only Survival. And now he had to make sure that through it all he would treat their prisoner with tightly controlled respect while fostering the smallest hope that something good could come of this. Every now and again he thought of the one he had bandaged up back in the cave, he'd spared two lives and claimed several today...


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Once camp is made, Xarafine steps into the Shrine, lights the candles, and begins to sing. She feels the presence of the Nine with her teaching, guiding, and protecting her. Her mind expands, and becomes conscious of yet untapped power deep within her. There is so much to learn, and I am still so early in my journey. I must walk the road, for my destination is still far over the horizon.


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

Once the camp is set, Finnabar proposes to heal whoever needs and suggest to do double watch shifts.
"We will have less rest but the strange beings we met are used to obscurity and I would not be surprised if they attacked at night. For tonight, we may be safe, as we are faster than they are while mounted, but after tomorrow, who knows."

Finnabar is levelled as paladin 2/oracle 1


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

"Unless they mount themselves on those centipedes...."


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Sorry for the delay guys,

Really busy at work writing/marking exams etc. I AM still into the game but it'll be slow posting for a little while yet. Sorry and stay tuned!


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Np! We can keep ourselves busy :) Good Luck!


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Xarafine steps from the Shrine and surveys the landscape around the campsite in the fading light of dusk.

"Tonight will prove illuminating. There is strong probability they did not understand my message, that they have tracked us here, and are waiting for the cover of darkness to strike. I am hopeful that they are reasonable creatures, and that with the full light of the new day, they will come and negotiate peacefully."


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

"Either way, we shall be ready. I wonder what it is they wanted with the kald's stone man."


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

The Birdling snaps at Bein with its beak as he attempts to feed it and struggles for some time against its bonds before seeming to come to the realisation that it can't free itself, after which it sullenly huddles against the stump it is tied to, glaring at Mikmek whenever he comes into view. The Kald, in turn, takes every opportunity to spit at the bedraggled, ugly creature.

When Xerafine begins her song both of the creatures quieten for a moment, watching the priest curiously as she goes about the evening ritual. As you find your bedrolls and fall asleep one-by-one, and the watch is set, first the Kald, and then eventually the birdling fall asleep.

The night is uneventful, until, in the early morning Mikmek suddenly, and without warning, looks up and around, before quickly standing and running into the grass outside the circle of firelight.

Sorry for the LONG delay - all should speed up from now.... Rolecall to see who's still onboard?


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

"Mikmek? Mikmek! Where are you going?!"

Xarafine tries to follow the creature's movement through the grass, looking for whatever has drawn his attention.


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Jack kips up, grabbing his bow, and silently follows Xarafine and Mikmek, looking out for whatever seemed to have startled the kald.


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

"I'm wondering which of those beings we should trust more. My conviction is that none of them is worth redeeming.", grumbles Finnabar, looking around for some new threat.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Clarification: Xarafine is following Mikmek with her eyes, not following him physically. I just noticed my previous was unclear. Sorry for any confusion.


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Jack will then still get up and follow Mikmek--not looking like he's trying to capture Mikmek, but see where he's going.


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Mikmek tested his patience again and again, each time though all he received for his maltreatment of their prisoner was a firm stare from the young Cavalier. Mikmek's attempts to spit upon the birdling failed as well as Bein kept placing himself between the two enemy creatures. Wiping his armor as needed but not budging an inch from letting these two kill each other.

When the birdling finally admitted sullen defeat Bein offered it food and drink again, lest the creature die of exposure or dehydration. His sleep that night was not fulfilling as he literally slept with one eye open.

In the morning Mikmek's strange behavior makes Bein nervous and so he rises and starts to don his armor for a possible fight in the near future. While simultaneously trying to guard the birdling by standing close enough to hopefully intercept a devious sneak attack.

I know this will take sometime for Bein to get his gear on, but he is strapping on his armor, sword and board. >:)


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Mikmek disappears into the long grass and even Jack's keen eyes can't quite make out where he's disappeared to in the darkness away from the fire. Even when Xerafine shouts out the small creature remains silent.


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Xarafine bites back the urge to swear, and tries to compose herself by taking a deep breath.

"We need Mikmek to be present as a representative of his tribe. His absence will most certainly end the negotiations before they have begun. It may also encourage the Cave-livers to attack. Any chance of freeing the Holy Stone Man, short of a slaughter, is gone....

She shakes her head in frustration.

"Perhaps, he has gone to find some of his people...maybe his chieftain...we can only hope..."


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Cursing under his breath, Jack switches from trying to fruitlessly scan the shadows in the brush to examining the ground and closer brush to find signs of passage, and determine Mikmek's direction that way. If he is successful, he follows the tracks.

Survival (to track) 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Bein continues to strap on his armor and settles it over his shoulders and buckles on his shield while giving orders to Arundel. He gave a low whistle and pointed with his shield hand to their bound prisoner.

Guard action for Arundel.

He wouldn't let Mikmek kill their prisoner and their only other bargaining chip for this Holy Stone man the Teacher spoke of. "I'm useless in tracking milady he'd hear me coming several paces off, so I can guard our prisoner and camp if you need to pursue him." Arundel gave a low whinny of annoyance as he rolled back his nostrils at the rank smell of what he was guarding.

Bein gave a chuckle at his Destriers distaste. "Steady there, that's a good beast."


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Whilst it's dark, Jack does, after a few minutes, manage to find Mikmek's trail leading off into the darkness. They lead in a straight line away from the camp to the South.

How far will you follow them without the others?


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

While still in sight of the camp (backtracking if he needs to), Jack waves that he's found something, and points in the direction the tracks lead. He then turns and follows the tracks up to about a half a mile away from camp.


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

"Captain, should we follow or stay with the camp?"


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

"We can follow a little while, but I would not want to be out of hearing from the camp. I'm worried the Cave-Livers will attack Bein if they find him alone."


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

"Perhaps, one of us should follow, and one should stay, so that no one is left without an ally."


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Bein gives a short chuckle. "I'm never alone milady, thats why I have him." He patted Arundel's strong neck. "Not much for conversation but if I need to run I can do so and quickly, besides you three together will stand a better chance in an ambush. If they want to attack this camp then let them, I will be ready." Arundel flicked Bein with his tail and snorted impatiently when Bein chuckled at him.

Bein felt confident in his ability to fend off an attack, he also had an advantage with their captive so near at hand. He wouldn't do nothing untoward to the bound creature as that was against his honor. But perhaps, just perhaps, its comrades would hold off an attack on account of its safety being on the line.


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

Faced with the knight and teacher determination, Finnabar yields.
"All right, let's saddle the horses and follow Jack. We can come back easier if we need then. And I'm not the fastest mover on my feet."

As we move, Finnabar will make sure to leave an easy to read trail in case Bein needs to follow.


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

"As you say, Captain."

Xarafine moves over to the knight, and touches him, speaking softly in Canari (casting resistance)

Canari:
"May Belan protect you, brave knight."

She smiles, then moves to mount her horse, waiting for Finnabar to take the lead.


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

After saddling the horses, Xerafine, Finn and Jack move out, following the faint trail of the Kald. Going is slow in the darkness (3/4 movement for everyone except Jack) and Mikmek's head start means that he might have gotten some way ahead.

The darkness seems to hide all manner of creatures, and the sound of the horses' movement is joined by the noises of small animals running into the undergrowth as you approach, and even the occasional howl from the distance.

Eventually the trail leads downwards into a small steep-sided canyon which you carefully ride down into. At the canyon's base, a rocky stream makes its way East to west. Here the trail disappears. Presumably the Kald followed the river in one direction or the other.


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Bein draws out his greatsword and sets it tip down in the ground, hands on its hilt and sighign with relief when the others saddle up and head after Mikmek on horseback. Three things less to worry about. He looked to their prisoner, his eyes weren't hard nor were they overly soft. He knew this creature would seek revenge at the first moment it could, but if Mikmek was readying to betray them it may make for a uncertain ally. As the thought occurred to him he edged its stone knife into a better position in his belt for quicker retrieval.

"Do you understand me bird creature?" He directed it at his prisoner hoping for some kind of response.

Arundel stood nearby the birdling, looking more impatient then ever but standing guard as Bein had told him too. Arundel surveyed the land around them as well, the Destrier was as wary as it's master in times like these...


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

While Xarafine and Finn are catching up to him, Jack examines the stream, trying to think of the more likely direction he went. Upstream, where there might be a small settlement built near its source or a cave from which it emanates, or downstream, toward other sources of civilization or danger?

How fast does the water move, does the stream go larger and more treacherous downstream or does it look like it would be a safe path to follow for awhile?

Knowledge: Nature 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

When Finnabar and Xarafine arrive shortly after, he speaks to them softly. "We have a choice--we could try to guess which way he has gone, or turn back and accept we have lost our ally for now. It's entirely unknown as to whether he has gone for help, or has abandoned us."


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5
Jack Ciarathan wrote:

While Xarafine and Finn are catching up to him, Jack examines the stream, trying to think of the more likely direction he went. Upstream, where there might be a small settlement built near its source or a cave from which it emanates, or downstream, toward other sources of civilization or danger?

How fast does the water move, does the stream go larger and more treacherous downstream or does it look like it would be a safe path to follow for awhile?

Knowledge: Nature 1d20+7

When Finnabar and Xarafine arrive shortly after, he speaks to them softly. "We have a choice--we could try to guess which way he has gone, or turn back and accept we have lost our ally for now. It's entirely unknown as to whether he has gone for help, or has abandoned us."

"I don't want to appear pessimistic but I'm not really sure we could call him an ally. He just followed us as we were stronger and could lead him outside. Let's go back and join Bein. If the cavelings do not come to discuss, we'll go back and take them out. I do not want to have scavengers like these anywhere near future settlers."

2,101 to 2,150 of 3,417 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hymenopterix's Colonies of the Salt Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.