Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Hymenopterix's Colonies of the Salt Coast

Game Master Electric Monk


1,951 to 2,000 of 3,417 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>

Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Xarafine calls upon Belam's might (arcane strike) and hurls a shuriken at the centipede.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Damage: 1d2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

Moving to stand beside his companions, Finnabar draws one of his javelins and throws it at the centipede.

javelin attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16, damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

assuming i'm standing~

Bein draws his Greatsword and holds it in a defensive way as he tries to protect himself from what his comrades were attacking. The sword gleamed in the darkness of the pit as the Cavalier summoned up every ounce of training to protected himself from the coming monstrosity.

MA: Draw Greatsword
SA: Perform Total Defense Action +4 AC
AC 22 (20 - 2 for buckler+SF +4 Total Defense = 22
HP 10/18 - WAs all that fall damage lethal or non-L?


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Jack's arrow and Xerafine's shuriken fly towards the centipede but both glance harmlessly off its hard chitinous armour. Finnabar's javelin, however, pierces the point between two of its sections, sticking out at an angle and seeming to hurt the creature.

Centipede HP-3
BEIN: The damage was lethal

The centipede moves forwards and rears its body up to strike at Bein.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

However, the cavalier takes the blow on his buckler, remaining unhurt.

Xerafine & Jack
Finn
Bein
Centipede


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Xarafine draws another shuriken, utters another prayer to Belam, and lets it fly.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Damage (arcane strike):1d2 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Likewise Jack focuses in his own way, and hopes his next arrow flies true.

Attack - add 1 if this is within 30 feet, but I don't think it is 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

Finnabar draws another javelin and throws it with all his might towards the beast.

javelin attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

This should hit. damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Will 5ft step into it if need be
Continue Fighting Defensively -4 attack +2 AC = 20 AC
SA: Attack with Greatsword -FD 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 4 = 16
---->Damage 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 2) + 5 = 8

Despite being injured, standing in flowing water and facing down a multi-armed horror in the dark Bein was cool calm and collected. AS he deflected the monstrosities attacks he turned his blade and slashed across one of the creatures many midsections in the hope of wounding it. The strike though was weak and off balanced by the water and as he finished slashing he brought the blade up again in a defensive stance. If only they had included this in basic training...


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

bump~ :)


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Xerafine's shuriken flies at the centipede and buries itself into the creature's body, whilst Jack's arrow ricochets off the wall next to it, sinking into the water.

Finnabar's javelin flies true and embedds itslef next to the other in the mosters flank. As it strikes, Bein's sword slashes into the creature, releasing a slow trickle of yellowish ooze.

Centipede HP -22

In response it strikes forward once again...

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
damage:1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

The stirke lands about Bein's torso, gouging deep wounds in his flank. As the the cavalier sinks into unconciousness, the centipede does not release its grip, but instead, srarts to haul the cavalier backward up the cliff face, its movement slower than before because of its load.


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Xarafine draws her last shuriken and utters a desperate prayer for Belam to guide her hand.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Hymenopterix, is it climbing toward the party? Or is it climbing a different cliff face and taking him away? I'm thinking Jack might climb down to the ledge 10 feet below and try and coax it toward him and fight it there, but I can't tell if that's possible


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10
Jack Ciarathan wrote:
Hymenopterix, is it climbing toward the party? Or is it climbing a different cliff face and taking him away? I'm thinking Jack might climb down to the ledge 10 feet below and try and coax it toward him and fight it there, but I can't tell if that's possible

Its climbing back up the opposite wall, seemingly back to where it came from.


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Jack has an image in his mind of Bein being dragged into a nearly impossible to access crevice, and panics. Seeing no way to cross safely or get to the centipede in time, he simply drops his bow, runs, and makes a flying leap, aiming to land on and tackle the centipede before it escapes with their friend. In the back of his mind, he knows it may cause Bein to be dropped again but if the centipede escapes with him they may never get him back.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

okay, i knew that was a long shot, but you gotta be f%#$ing kidding me.


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Reflex save to stop Jack from tumbling off a cliff? >.>; Waits for DM governance. >.<;


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Could Xarafine attempt to grab him, perhaps?


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10
Bein'Meleth Rámalóce wrote:
Reflex save to stop Jack from tumbling off a cliff? >.>; Waits for DM governance. >.<;
Xerafine wrote:
Could Xarafine attempt to grab him, perhaps?

Not from a running jump! Since its a natural 1 I'm not giving a ref save or chance to catch him. - sorry ;)

Jack steps backward, dropping his bow, and taking a few steps before launching himslef into the air. Unfortunately, just as he reaches the edge, his foot catches on a small stalgmite, and instead of travelling across the space, he pitches forward into the gap and into the river at the gorge's base.

Falling damage3d6 - 5 ⇒ (6, 5, 1) - 5 = 7


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

Damn, Finnabar can't really do anything, with the reduced speed, there's no chance to catch him.


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

swearing through his teeth, Finnabar tries to take down the centipede with another javelin

Javelin attack1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17, damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Finnabar's third javelin again hits the monstrous centipede, drawing forth another spray of ichor. The centipede, which now seems very badly hurt, with three javelins protruding from its chitinous armour, drops Finnabar, who's unconsious body drops into the river. The centipede rapidly crawls up towards the shadow it emerged from (it will reach the area next turn).

Bein fall damage: 1d6 - 5 ⇒ (2) - 5 = -3 = 0 (unconsious in water)
Centipede: -28 HP

Xerafine and Jack
Finn
Bein (unconsious)
Centipede


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

Finnabar pumps his fist up as the javelin throw forces the beast to release Bein.

"Jack, take Bein out of the water. The Teacher and I can heal him."


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Jack picks himself up, still a little dazed from his own plummet, and then dives for Bein, raising him out of the water as best he can, grunting with the struggle of trying to manhandle an unconscious, muscular man in heavy armor.

Carefully dragging him away from the water, he opens Bein's mouth and makes sure he is still breathing.

"I'm not sure I can carry him up; can you make your way down here?" Jack was not the strongest among them, and he worried if he slipped trying to carry Bein, he'd be the death of both of them. "Be careful, do not rush, I may not have your gifts, but I can begin to treat him."

Jack checks Bein's wounds and if needed, uses his headband or any other cloth he can find between his and Bein's belongings to bandage him. Given the poor light, he takes his time. Take 10 on Heal check to administer 1st aid, +6 bonus. If the situation does not warrant taking 10, I'm okay with the GM rolling to save time.


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Xarafine makes her way cautiously down the side of the chasm.

Climb check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8, or take 10 if I can and is sufficient to get me down safely.


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

As the monster retreats, Finnabar takes our a rope from his pack and uses it to help Xarafine go down the chasm.

"Here, Teacher, use that to go down safely. I'll haul you back up as well as Bein and Jack."

While doing that, he still keeps and eye on the Kald and the retreating centipede.

Damn, they were quite good javelins. I hope it will get stuck somewhere with them on his back.


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

As Xerafine makes her way down into the chasm the centipede finally makes its way back into the shadows, hampered by the javelins protrudung from its back, but finally squeezing out of sight.

Taking 10 is fine -its an easy climb down, dropping from ledge to ledge, but the way back up could be harder (easy with the rope though.) Bein is now stabalised and we're out of combat.


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Having used her healing magic for the day, Xarafine removes the jar of healing ointment from her pouch and applies it to Bein's wounds (1 dose, not sure what to roll). She watches to see what effect it has before deciding to apply more (Heal check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24).

"Stay with us, sir knight. Your battle does not end today."


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

Waiting for Xarafine healing of Bein to see if Finnabar need to add some as well.

Once Bein is back on his feet, Finnabar hauls everyone back to safety with the rope.
"Bein, Jack, you had me really worried down there. But I may be able to try something for you.”

For the first time, Finnabar looks within himself to reproduce his dreams, focusing all his energy on Jack first, he chants in a low voice some words he never thought he knew. A blue light shines on his hands and covers Jack for a mere second before vanishing.

Casts CLW on Jack for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Finnabar will cast another CLW on Bein if necessary


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Jack lets the strange warm sensation wash through him, as the gift of the gods granted to Finnabar does its work. Battered bones and flesh knit back together, leaving just a few surface scratches.

"Thank you. I knew it was foolish, but I didn't know what else to do." He looked over to their companion. "How is Bein?"


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

The ointment is mechanically a potion of cure light wounds - 1d8+1 - Healing: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Perception DC 23:

You hear the sound of a pebble dislodged and falling down into the chasm. Scanning the opposite cave entrance you can see a birdling hidden in the shadows watching you.


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Xarafine whispers to the others, trying not to make any sudden movements or look up. "One of those bird-creatures is watching us. We should be on guard for an attack."


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

As a bloody Bein is hauled back, Finnabar adds his own healing to pathc the knight up.

casting CLW for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

"Here, Bein, how are you feeling?"


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Jack keeps looking at his own hands. "Where is it?" he whispers to Xarafine. "Is it armed?"


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

"It is watching from the passage opposite from where we came. I cannot tell if it is armed. It is mostly hidden in shadow."


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Bein comes awake with a start, reaching for his sword reflexively as his last thought was that of a multi-armed horror snatching him up. After calming down for a few moments he rises slowly and sorely, then walks over to recover his fallen sword from the water. "Thank you my friends, I underestimated the creature..."

Going through an investigation right now :p fun times~ Will try and catch up!


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

As Xerafine says, you can't tell whether the birdling is armed, it appears to just be watching.

What are you doing - Heading back out? Staying where you are to treat Bein? Continuing onwards? Or something else?


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Xarafine continues to administer aid to Bein, applying a second coat of ointment to the centipede bites.

Cure light wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

"We should move. We are easy targets down here. I could try to use my song to pacify our observer, but it would have no effect on any others that may be hiding just out of sight."


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Bein nods to Xarafine. "Agreed teacher, we are to exposed here."

Bein then starts looking for other ways out of the hole other then climbing upward and back to the ledge.

Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

As Jack begins to get up and move, a very strange look crosses his face, and he pales.

He reaches for the pouch he had strapped to him, where he kept the owlbear egg stored. Unbuckling it to access it more easily, he lifts it up, and it is clearly dripping a thick, viscous goo.

Very quickly, he opens it and unwraps it, but his ashen expression reveals the result even if one cannot see into the pouch. As he fell into the water, the pouch cushioned a blow from a sharp rock in the water--but the rock managed to puncture and crush the egg despite Jack's wrapping.

After examining it a moment, he place the pouch in the corner of the ledge, covering it with a rock. ((Assuming we are still on the ledge and not on the main trail, he would not leave it on the main trail so as to avoid attracting scavengers))

"It seems I am not capable of saving anyone or anything."

Falling decidedly silent, both legitimately grieving and more boyishly sulking over his monumentally botched attempt to help Bein, he hauls himself up the ledge back to the main passage.

Again, sorry for holding things up--I'm fine to move on. We are still helping Mikmek fight the birdlings, yes? If we can find a way in...


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

We have two main options, people.
One is to finish we move back a little to finish healing Bein and the go back being more cautious.
The other one is to go back (and heal Bein) and then try the other way. I don't know where it will lead and we may have some birdlings at our back.
Any preferences ?

Finnabar is for going forwards


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Bein slaps Jack on the back, hard enough to cause the ranger to stumble. "We gave it a longer life than it would have had before my friend. Fate had other intentions for the life within, beyond what we mortals could ever understand. Lets focus now on getting out of this hole..."


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

"Might I suggest that Jack climb first, as he is best armed to provide cover for the rest of us as we ascend. Captain, you and Sir Bein should follow. I am the smallest, and carrying the lightest load, so it should take little effort to pull me up if matters should escalate."


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

As long as Bein is okay with going forward, I am, and it looks like he is

Jack does indeed stagger at Bein's gesture, but he nods, appreciative of the sentiment. "Fair point."

Jack nods to Xarafine and makes his way up to the pathway Taking 10 on Climb.


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Definitely ready to move forward. How many climb checks Hymen? Or is there another way out?


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

You can take 10 on the climb check to get back to the top. - Easy (DC5) climb with the aid of the rope. - 1 check is OK.

You're climbing back to Bein yes?


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5
Hymenopterix wrote:

You can take 10 on the climb check to get back to the top. - Easy (DC5) climb with the aid of the rope. - 1 check is OK.

You're climbing back to Bein yes?

From what I understand, Finnabar has set the rope to help every one getting back up the ledge that we still need to cross.

"Hurry back up, Bein. You're not safe down there. I agree Jack should go first, and in the mean time, you should get your bow out Bein. It may prove usefull"

Finnabar follows Jack up the rope. Climb check 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 2 - 4 = 16


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Yep and if it is DC5 I can do it with my armor on~ So I will be taking ten~


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Xarafine waits for the cavalier to make his ascent, then follows.

Take 10 on climb check +2 dex = 12

1,951 to 2,000 of 3,417 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hymenopterix's Colonies of the Salt Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.