Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Hymenopterix's Colonies of the Salt Coast

Game Master Electric Monk


151 to 200 of 3,417 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Assuming the bandits are spotted approaching, and there is sufficient time, Xarafine will touch each person in the group, as well as Oleg and Lana, and bless them (read cast resistance on them). If not, she will do so to those within easy reach (most likely Finnabar, Bein'meleth and herself).


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Stealth1d20 - 3 ⇒ (18) - 3 = 15

Bein'Meleth is going to be astride Arundel between the back of the stables, he's hoping the sound of the mules will make the bandits ignore what noise he may make, and the Parapet its going to be a tight fit but he will be out of sight. He will be in his full armor (which is why the stealth check was a -3 xD) and have his Sword and shield ready.


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Second day of Pharast

The second day of spring dawns, bringing with it a light but persistant shower but very little wind. Lana awakens you just before dawn, hustling you to the coutyard where Oleg is in the final stages of slinging a tarpaulin over the tables between the guest quaters and Oleg and Lana's house.

Once you are all seated, and Oleg has completed his task, Lana brings out trays with cooked eggs, porridge, warm bread and tea. They both then join you to break your fast. Oleg seems quite nervous, and doesn't talk a great deal, whereas Lana is clearly excited, talking non-stop about the weather, the chickens and the "lovely morning shower".

After breaking your fast Lana efficiently clears the table whilst Oleg disappears into their house, emerging soon after wearing the ill-fitting suit of leather armour and carrying one of the hand-axes which he clearly has no idea of how to use. Glancing up at the sky he says "Well, I suppose this is it. They should be here in about half of an hour. My thanks to you all and,.. good luck." with that he turns to Lana, "We'd best be getting inside.

Lana, in her turn, quickly envelopes each of you a in a warm hug. "Thank you all so much" she says to you all before turning to Xerafine, "Now my dear, you must be careful! Are you sure you won't come into the house until its safe?"

After the two of them disappear into the house you take up your positions, waiting for the bandits to arrive. Jack and Volpe peering through cracks between the great logs that form the forts walls.

See battlemap HERE to check if i've got everyone's position correct.

Jack and Volpe:
Approximately half an hour later you see four riders approaching from the south-east. Based on Oleg's description this would likely be the bandits.


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5
Hymenopterix wrote:

Second day of Pharast

See battlemap HERE to check if i've got everyone's position correct.

** spoiler omitted **

Sorry about that, but in my mind, both Xarafine and Finnabar are out of sight until all the bandits are in the fort. Then they come out as the trap goes down. So put us in A4


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10
Finnabar d'Orlovsky wrote:


Sorry about that, but in my mind, both Xarafine and Finnabar are out of sight until all the bandits are in the fort. Then they come out as the trap goes down. So put us in A4

How's this ?


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Was there sufficient time for Xarafine to cast resistance on anyone?

If not then:

Spoiler:
Xarafine stands by her cousin, listening for the sounds of approaching hooves. She reaches up and touches his forehead, speaking in Canari, "Go forth, Belan's Chosen. May the Battle Lord grant you, courage, celerity, and fortitude in the coming fight." She casts resistance on Finnabar.

If so, then:

Spoiler:
"The time is upon us. Gather before me, pupils."Xarafine waits for the group to assemble. Beginning with Finnabar, she moves to each person, touching them on the forehead and speaking a blessing in Canari. Those who can read/speaking Canari look at the first spoiler.


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10
Xarafine wrote:

Was there sufficient time for Xarafine to cast resistance on anyone?

If not then:

** spoiler omitted **

If so, then:

** spoiler omitted **

Spoiler:
Yes, but only if Jack or Volpe warn you... :)

Male Human Rogue 1 (Swashbuckler)

All right, I believe our guests are about to arrive! Let's go ahead and get ready to give them a welcome!
Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Jack hunkers by the parapet wall, watching the bandits and keeping his hand at the ready to release the net when signaled to.

Is there enough time to take 10 on a Stealth check? If not...

Spoiler:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

ETA.... or maybe I ought to say forget I said that... ;)


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Very nice stealth roll Volpe! xD

After receiving the Teachers blessing's Bein'Meleth mounts Arundel and takes up his position behind the Stables. Arundel wickers a momeny at the cramped condition's but Bein calms him by rubbing his neck affectionately and whispering soothingly in Arundel's ears. I hope for their sake they surrender peacefully... Because if they harm anyone here I will put them down. 'No Quarter Asked, none to be given.' He steels himself for the coming confrontation and waits for Finnabar and them to make the first move.

DM: Do you need a new stealth check?


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

Here is Finnabar stealth check (there must be a bonus for being unmoving behind a closed door)
Cast guidance on himself.
1d20 - 6 + 1 ⇒ (20) - 6 + 1 = 15
Edit: Damn, we've used all our 20 for the campaign :)


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Xarafine takes a deep breath and tries to concentrate on not moving.
I never studied this at the Academy, she thinks to herself.

Stealth (untrained): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


Male Human Rogue 1 (Swashbuckler)

18,19,20,20,20 We get the most beautiful set of stealth rolls the dice gods ever granted to a PC party. Of course the Paladin wants to parlay. LOL, A classic D&D moment.


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

After Volpe's shouted warning, Xerafine quickly moves between each of you, touching you on the forehead and speaking some words in the priestly language of Canari. Resistance: +1 to all saves She then hurries to the storehouse (A4).

[spoiler=if you speak Canari]"Go forth, Belan's Chosen. May the Battle Lord grant you, courage, celerity, and fortitude in the coming fight."

Soon afterwards, four riders with the hoods of their cloaks raised against the rain and leading a packhorse enter the compound. One figure moves foward into the centre of the market yard. He lowers his hood, glancing around and scowling.

Where are you Oleg, you fat bast@rd? Come out or we'll burn the f^#king place down!

BATTLE MAP


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

Soon afterwards, four riders with the hoods of their cloaks raised against the rain and leading a packhorse enter the compound. One figure moves foward into the centre of the market yard. He lowers his hood, glancing around and scowling.

Where are you Oleg, you fat bast@rd? Come out or we'll burn the f^#king place down!

BATTLE MAP

Your map link seems to be broken

Finnabar throws open the barn door, and takes a step forward. Clad in his armor, shield ready and axe drawn out, he calls back the forward rider:

"This ground is Restov soil and under the Swordlords' laws. Let it be known that unrepentant banditry is punished by sword or rope. Drop your weapons and repent or you'll meet our blades."

The axe swirls in his hand and cuts through the air with a slashing sound.

"CHOOSE NOW"

Intimidate 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Link seems to be working OK for me,.. HERE it is again just in case.

Is anyone else making themselves known when Finnabar issues his demand?


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Hearing her cousin's challenge boom across the courtyard, Xarafine takes a deep breath and steps out into the open, raising the Speaking Staff in both hands above her head.

"Take heed! You banditry is an offense to the Nine. Repent, lest the Queen of Bones take your hand this day!"

Intimidate (roll to assist Finnabar): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Hearing the Bandits shout, followed by Finnabar's demand, Bein'Meleth steels himself for the task ahead before giving Arundel a quick tap with his heels and they move quickly to a position on the enemy's left flank.

Move action: 40ft gets him within 5 feet of the bandit to the left of the pack mule.

Once there he adds to the threat that has been issued to the bandits. With his sword and shield, he sat astride Arundel looking as menacing as possible in his battle gear.

Intimidate Assist: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Ready Action: Move to block their escape if they try and retreat back out the gate.


Male Human Rogue 1 (Swashbuckler)

Hopefully, the net can be rigged to drop with a kick (move action), so that Jack and I can be armed to get a shot off from surprise. I should have specified this with my Disable Device roll, so if it's too late I understand.
Ready action to kick (or drop) the net simultaneously with Jack, ready to fire an arrow at the bandit nearest me. Either draw the weapon if necessary, or take the shot if he tries to resist or bolt.


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10
Volpe Coltello wrote:

Hopefully, the net can be rigged to drop with a kick (move action), so that Jack and I can be armed to get a shot off from surprise. I should have specified this with my Disable Device roll, so if it's too late I understand.

Ready action to kick (or drop) the net simultaneously with Jack, ready to fire an arrow at the bandit nearest me. Either draw the weapon if necessary, or take the shot if he tries to resist or bolt.

Volpe:
The net can be rigged to drop as you suggest, however surprise will be lost after this round since you guys announced yourselves (although you and Jack are still hidden). I'll let you release the net and shoot in the same round (call dropping the net a move action). You could therefore drop the net now (surprise) or ready both actions for next round in response to the bandits' reactions.

Male Human Rogue 1 (Swashbuckler)
Hymenopterix wrote:
Volpe Coltello wrote:

Hopefully, the net can be rigged to drop with a kick (move action), so that Jack and I can be armed to get a shot off from surprise. I should have specified this with my Disable Device roll, so if it's too late I understand.

Ready action to kick (or drop) the net simultaneously with Jack, ready to fire an arrow at the bandit nearest me. Either draw the weapon if necessary, or take the shot if he tries to resist or bolt.

** spoiler omitted **

Hymenopterix:
Volpe will ready an action to drop the net on Jack's action, whenever Jack decides. Volpe will not shoot until a bandit resists or tries to flee.

M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

My understanding is we drop the net IF they decide to run (or Jack is otherwise signaled to do so) so as soon as a bandit tries to bolt. Otherwise the offer for repentance seems a bit disingenuous.

(He may disagree with Finnabar's decision to offer it to them, but since many want to try, he's not going to sabotage their efforts.)

That means Volpe would lose his opportunity for sneak attack probably--although if someone entangles themselves in the net, he probably could still sneak attack them? But otherwise if Volpe decides to do something else Jack will adapt.

TL;dr: Jack is readied to kick-drop the net when he sees a bandit start to run for the gate (or if a fight breaks out otherwise).


Male Human Rogue 1 (Swashbuckler)

OK, then let's see how this plays out.


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

The two bandits behind Happs shuffle nervously. Happs himslef though, takes Finnabar and Xerafine in with a dismissive look "A criple and a f^#king rainbow*?" he sneers, "GET 'EM!

At that the bandits start to draw their weapons.

* "rainbow" is a dismissive and insulting term for a priest

I'll do init for everyone to speed things up: (hope this is OK)

Initiative Rolls:

Jack:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Vople:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Finnabar:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Xerafine:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Bein'Meleth:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Bandits:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Happs:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Which gives us the initiative order:

VOLPE (readied action)
JACK (readied action)
XERAFINE
BANDITS
HAPPS
BEIN'MELETH - they don't try for the gate so no readied action :(
FINNABAR

[ooc]So if Jack, Volpe and Xerafine can post. (don't worry too much about the order between yourselves) Then Bandits and Happs. Then Finn and Bein (don't worry too much about the order between yourselves).


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Posting this since I will be working all night~

Hearing the bandits words Bein roars out threateningly and Arundel gives a growl as they both react as one being. With sword raised over his head as he moves forward to attack the nearest bandit.

"In the name of the Order of the Sword!

Move action: to get closer to the nearest bandit

Attack Action: Bein: (Longsword) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

I'm not as sure how it works with mounts if they can attack with you or not >.>;, tried to find some rules on how it works in mounted combat but I kept getting referred to the Animal companions page. =/ So this is upto you DM.

Free Action: Order Arundel to Attack the same bandit that Bein'Meleth is striking.

Attacking the same Bandit if possible
Attack Action: Arundel: (bite) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Round 2 Actions, Since I will be at work~:

If the Bandit Is still standing then I strike him again, if not I move to the next nearest Bandit and try to take him down.

Move Action

Attack Action: Bein: (Longsword) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Free Action: Order Arundel to Attack the same bandit that Bein'Meleth is striking.

Attacking the same Bandit if possible
Attack Action: Arundel: (bite) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Good Luck Everyone!


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Xarafine takes a deep breath, and begins singing the "The Swordsman's Song," a sacred hymn of Belan:

"Come, my brothers of the blade, our sacred duty calls. To stand the bloody line of steel, to man the castle walls. The banners of the foe are set to charge the city gate. Only our courage and resolve will cause them to abate!"

Bardic Performance: Inspire Courage +1 competence bonus to attack, +1 competence bonus to damage, and +1 morale bonus to saves vs fear and charm effects for all allies within hearing.


Male Human Rogue 1 (Swashbuckler)

[ooc]Move Action: Drop the net.
Standard Action: Shoot the bandit to the left:
To hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Jack grimaces, knowing the bandits were unlikely to give in, but likewise understanding wanting to avoid the risk of killing in cold blood.

He kicks the net down--if the bandits try to escape, they will only return with reinforcements--and with his longbow aims for either their leader or their bowman, which ever seems the greatest threat.

For some reason, I'm still getting "Page Not Available" on the Map link. Maybe the privacy settings are mucked up? Or Firefox is unhappy? Hence the vague target instructions--I'll trust the GM's judgment this round and hopefully figure out the issue in the meantime.

Attack (incl. +2 bonus vs. human): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Damage (incl. +2 bonus vs. human): 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

(Not adding in Xerafine's Inspire Courage since he's going first.


Male Human Rogue 1 (Swashbuckler)

Drawing blades? That's good enough.
Move action:drop the net
Attack Action: shoot the nearest bandit
To hitL1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
damage:2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Volpe and Jack drop the net over the entrance to the trading post, startling both bandits, their horses, and the packhorse. Immediately, an arrow streaks from each of their bows. Jack's arrow strikes one of the bandits square in the centre of his back, causing the figure to slump and then drop from his saddle, clearly dead. Similarly, Volpe's shot crashes into the other bandit, spearing through his shoulder, it's point sticking through his chest.

Fort save or unconcious: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

As the rallying notes of Xerafine's song begins, the bandit Volpe struck somehow manages to steady himself, draw his sword and half-fall to the ground between his own horse and the packhorse, momentarily dropping out of sight.

The remainig bandit, surprised and shaken by Finnabar's challenge, nevertheless manages to rally himself, draw his sword and move up to Finnabar, ready to strike at him, but blocking Happs' shot.

Happs, steadying his mount and cursing his companion, changes target and manages to let loose a single shot towards the man who killed his minion: Jack.

Happs' shot1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

The arrow steaks towards the half-elf but skids off his leather armour, failing to inflict any damage.

Seeing the closest bandit fall dead Bein'Meleth spurs his horse foward, pushing past the dead bandit's horse and bringing him within striking range of the bandit injured by Volpe. Leaning low in his saddle Bein strikes at the figure, almost severing his neck.

BATTLE MAP Hope this works!

Finnabar, you're up. Then back to Volpe, Jack, etc. Volpe, please note that you can't see either the remaining bandit or Happs as the guesthouse (A2) is in the way.


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

Shield high on his shoulder, Finnabar steps in front of the remaining bandit to reach the leader of the band.
"You've made your choice, you'll die for it."

Five foot step forwards, Swift action to smite evil on Happs

His axe comes up in a glittering arc, trying to catch the bowman under his armpit and to use the force of the blow to touch the remaining bandit

attack with smite evil and power attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16, damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 (if happs is not evil remove 3 from attack and 1 drom damage)

If the blows hits, he will use cleave to attack the remaining bandit:
attack with power attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17, damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

AC is now 20 versus Happs


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Finnabar slashes upwards, catching Happs' arm and inflicting a nasty wound. Finnabar manages to shift his balance and change the momentum of the blow, turning and slashing the last bandit across the hip.

massive damage saves:

Happs Fort save or unconcious: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Bandit Fort save or unconcious: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

ride check or fall from saddle:

Happs 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Bandit 1d20 ⇒ 8

Both outlaws manage to remain concious and remain in their saddles, despite the loss of large amounts of blood and the force of Finnabar's strikes.


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

As she continues to sing, maintain performance: free action, Xarafine moves towards the man called Happs 15 feet south, then 5 feet east and calls upon Belan's Might to strike the foe. Feeling the god's power move from her through the Speaking Staff, she tries to balance the tasks in her mind: don't stop singing, but hit the bastard!

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 (includes inspire bonus)

Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 (includes inspire bonus and arcane strike)


Male Human Rogue 1 (Swashbuckler)

Volpe looks around the battlefield, can't get a shot. Well, that's inconvenietnt!
Volpe Jumps down from the palisade, draws his sword, and begins to close on Happs.

Acrobatics:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Jack's eyes follow to the source of the arrow that flew at him and aims his next shot at Happs.

If Happs is dead/down he will aim at whoever is left. A little hard to track.

Attack (incl. +1 for IC and +2 for human): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Damage (incl. +1 for IC and +2 for human): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

After firing, Jack moves west along the top to stop at the ladder (but he does not go down it.


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Juat as Volpe leaps to the ground of the trading post, Jack's arrow streaks into Happs, striking him in the gut and killing him instantly.

Xerafine: Do you want to shift to the remaining bandit?


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

If I may, yes. Xarafine will strike the other brigand.


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

If the Bandits are defeated:

Seeing the last of the Bandits fall Bein'Meleth tries to get the Bandits animals under control as best he can. The last thing we need is someone getting trampled he thinks grimly as he quickly wipes off his blade and sheaths his longsword, so he doesn't scare the poor draught beasts furtherer. He talks to them soothingly as he tries to carol them between the parapet walls and some of the out buildings away from everyone if possible.

Handle Animal1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Once he gets them settled he dismounts and begins bringing them into the stable a couple at a time to get them fully settled. He goes about cleaning them and feeding them after stripping off his combat gear. This should keep him busy for a fair while.

If combat is still going:

Move action to the nearest bandit

Attack Action: Bein: (Longsword) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Off to work have fun everyone~


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Sorry for the delay, been at work all day with no internet :(

Xerafine steps up to the final bandit, swings her Speaking Staff and catching him under the chin. In the sudden quiet, broken only by the whinny of frightened horses, you all look around at the bodies and blood of four outlaws surrounding you.

congratulations on your first victory!


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

Finnabar looks with disgust at the fallen thugs.
"What a stupid way to die. It was not even a fight. Could they not see they could not prevail?"

Taking out of his pocket a piece of fabric, he cleans his axe blade without paying attention to it.

"Well done every one, that was a plan well executed. I would have preferred it the other way, but you were right, master Jack. Now we know they are not ones to surrender and we will not ask for it a second time."

He put his axe and shield back on his back and starts dragging the corpses together.

"Volpe, Jack, can you help me with the bodies? Let's check if we can find information on their encampment on them. Beim, when you've finished with the horses, check what they are carrying especially their food to guess how far they were going. Xara... well Teacher, would you care to take the good news to our hosts. No that we've removed that threat, we'll need as much information as we can on the lands we must explore. Specially since those ones won't talk."


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Xarafine looks at the bodies of the bandits strewn across the courtyard, bodies ripped by axe and sword, pierced by arrow, and the man in before...his face ruined by her staff-blow.

She bends down to the man and checks his neck and wrist for a life-pulse Healing Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21. If she finds he still lives, she will stablize him. If she detects no signs, she moves on to each of the bandits in order of proximity, following the same procedure let me know if I need to roll for each separately.

As soon as she notes any objections, or confused reactions from her companions, she stops long enough make a curt statement.

"A living, but soundly defeated foe may be a valuable source of information."

Once any survivors are stabilized, or has determined that none survived, she will take her leave to notify Oleg and Lana that it is safe to come out.


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Jack nods grimly to Finnabar, ready to do the gruesome task, but he pauses to address Xerafine.

"Teacher, is there any way we should arrange their bodies for any sort of last rites?"


Male Human Rogue 1 (Swashbuckler)

Well done, Teacher.. I thought you said you didn't know how to fight!
Volpe joins Jack in preparing the bodies for burial.
I really hate to be the one to bring the rain on our victory, but like I said, these men will be missed. There will be a second wave, and I daresay a larger one. I'd rather not call the trading post safe until this entire band is defeated. It might be wise to bring the fight to them, before this bunch is missed.
His mischievous smile returns as he puts his hat back on his head.
But at least now we all have horses!


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Jack nods to Volpe, chewing his lower lip in thought. "We need to know more. These were a few men we caught unawares."

He looked toward the gate. "Our priority is keeping everyone safe. If we raid a bandit hideout that we underestimate--and particularly, take on a fight on their turf--we could only get ourselves killed. And Oleg and Lana will be harshly punished for our 'insolence.'

"They rode here, their tracks would be easily to follow. A small group of us could track them to where they came from and survey the situation. But that also means splitting up, a prospect I don't like."

As Jack speaks, he begins work on the nearest body, first making sure it's really dead, then laying it out and removing belts and belt pouches and weapon scabbards and so on.

Heal check to determine if body is dead: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Perception check to search body: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5
Finnabar d'Orlovsky wrote:


"Volpe, Jack, can you help me with the bodies? Let's check if we can find information on their encampment on them. Beim, when you've finished with the horses, check what they are carrying especially their food to guess how far they were going."

Quickly dismounting Arundel and motioning for him to Stay Bein'Meleth moves to calm the other animals. Just as he seizes the reins of a frightened horse and the bandits pack mule he hears Finnabar's shout. He responds as best he can, just as the frightened draught beasts begin pulling. "Aye Milord! I will report my findings once i've calmed them down sir" Bein'Meleth grunts as he struggles to keep another of the bandits frightened mounts calm as he guide's it slowly to the stables. "Forgive me though but this will take some time" The poor beasts were on edge after the fight, and the smell of blood all around them was not helping his efforts in calming them.

The ones that don't fit he ties up along the front of the stables, and once they're settled. He gets out of his heavy armor as he gets out some feed to distract the beasts while he removes their packs. He unceremoniously piles the saddle bags together in the open yard near the stables. Throughout the process he hums a light and soothing tune, trying to keep them calm and docile. After the bandits gear is removed he gets out some brushes and gives each of the draught beasts a nice rub down.

With all the animals soothed and docile he gets back to cataloging what the bandits were carrying. He takes off his filthy shirt, washes his hands and pour some water over his head to cool off, before delving into the bandits piled saddlebags. He pointedly ignores the bodies of the bandits, unless asked to help in moving them, as he tries to ignore the sadness that wells up from within.

One maybe two of these men were irredeemable and the others were desperate fools who got in over their heads... Why didn't they listen?

I will search their gear and put aside anything of note: maps, journals, scribbled notes and such.

Sorry for the wordiness, I like to make a story ^^;


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Digging through the piled saddlebags Bein hears Volpe's words and nods in agreement. "They will most likely send more if we do not find them first. if they dare attack this trading post they will be at a sore disadvantage, although the fort is old and in great need of repairs it is still a formidable obstacle. Between your bows, the teachers angelic voice, Lord d'Orlovsky axe, and my mobility we can hold them. But if we can find them first it would be easier and minimize the backlash if they think we are roaming marauders ourselves." He grimaces at that thought.

Bein flexes as he moves a heavy bag aside and continues digging through the mismatched gear the bandits had packed. He continues to listen as everyone conversed around him and is surprised at Jacks sound advice. The surprise came more by Jack's sudden talkativeness, Bein'Meleth grimaces as he says "I agree with you Jack, it may be dangerous if we engage them on their turf but if we draw them out or ambush them then we may be able to overpower them. No matter what rest assured I will lead any charge to distract them if needed friends. But splitting our forces would indeed be a dangerous prospect, if we decide to follow their tracks I think it would be best to be at full strength in case of trouble."

Its time to teach Oleg how to properly defend his home.


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

"If we go at full strength, we leave Oleg and Lana unprotected." Jack chewed on his lips again. "We could train them, and fix their catapults, but that will take considerable time. The trail will go cold. Likely they will send a second swarm before we could safely leave the couple on their own."


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Again Jack's words struck home, his sound advice was hard to overlook. Bein'Meleth nodded in agreement to jacks words and sat back on his haunches for a moment considering what had been said. He sounds so much like Vicks sometimes, although he was a bit more wild... Only vy ever could counter her twin, what would she say in a time like this...

"At the way they reacted when they were clearly outmatched they fought on. That too me is foolishness, now if these men were trusted to come here every so often as our hosts have said... Then perhaps their leaders have grown complacent as well and that means we have a little time before they come looking for them. I would say a day or two at best before they grow suspicious, remember these fools had Master Oleg and Lady Lana firmly cowed because they had numbers and horrible threats. So maybe in those couple of days we may stumble upon their main force. Perhaps they have allowed themselves to grow lax and lazy, when they should be suspicious of... something like this eventually happening." With that thought Bein'Meleth rises and stares towards the net covered gate. he grips the handle of his longsword for a moment.

"Perhaps one of us should keep an eye out in case they had someone shadowing them?" He returns to his sorting while keeping himself positioned to watch the gate with a wary eye.


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

After giving Oleg and Lana the news that the area is now secure, Xarafine responds to each of her companions in turn.

"Funerary rites are for those who die honorably, Master Jack. These men did not. They should be buried, simply, efficiently, and deep enough to draw no notice. Although I trust you would not do so, I must entreat that you not desecrate the bodies, lest you incur the wrath of Malaia. As vile as these men were, they are in her charge now."

"I said I was no swordsman, Master Volpe, and indeed I am not, but I can give a man a good thumping with this should he mistake me for a hapless damsel." She gives him a warm smile, and holds the Speaking Staff up briefly for his consideration.

"Your assessment of my voice is most kind, Master Bein'meleth. If it served to raise your spirits, then Belen's Blessing was indeed upon you, and as his servant I am gratified to know that I served him well." She smiles and gives him a nod of her head.

"Captain, the men are correct. More bandits will come, and will certainly do more than threaten these fine people. We must end the threat to them before we go on our way."


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Jack looks up at Bein from his "ministrations" over the bodies of the fallen bandits. "Yes, keeping an eye out is good. I would join you, but this needs to be done sooner rather than later."

He continues working over the bodies as Xerafine replied to him. The young scout shrugs at the priestess. He replies still quietly, but with a little more passion than he normally conveys. "I've seen death often enough to never see any honor in it. Loss of life, however necessary we may feel it is to inflict it, however right we may be in protecting our own, is still a loss." He pauses, his bright green eyes glittering with a hardness. "I hate bandits. But I will still mourn their deaths. Lest I become like them."

He stands up, rubbing his hands on a cloth he normally reserves for wiping off his blade. "Anyway, I merely wished to know what would ensure their souls stay at rest. If Malaia accepts a simple burial, then I'll bury them." And with that, regardless of a reply or not, he walks off to find the shovel he insisted the party take when they left Restov.

151 to 200 of 3,417 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hymenopterix's Colonies of the Salt Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.