Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Hymenopterix's Colonies of the Salt Coast

Game Master Electric Monk


1,851 to 1,900 of 3,401 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>

General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Roger that boss :)


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Lighting the torches which send shadows of the stalagmites and stalagtites dancing weirdly against the walls and roof of the cave. Jack heads down the passageway stooping to avoid the overhanging rocks, leading from the area of semi-darkness at the edge of the torchlight.

The floor of the passageway slopes downwards, steeply in places and slick with mud which causes a few slips. As you move down the passageway high-pitched, panicked sounds of seeming torment echo upwards from in front of you, faint at first, but growing louder as you approach.

There is no sign of light from ahead and, if you approach further, it seems likely that anyone in the cavern ahead will spot the glow of the torches.


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

Let's move in quickly. It's better to see than to get in in the dark.


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Jack nods and keeps moving, staying withing the glow of Finnabar's lantern. They've already acted with intent to deal with these creatures, they may as well keep moving.


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Xarafine does her best to keep pace with Jack and Finnabar, both to ensure sufficient light and to make sure Bein isn't hindered by being behind her.

She runs through a catalogue of tunes in her mind, in case an inspiring battle song is required.


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Bein stayed close to the Teacher and casted a wary eye behind them everyone once and awhile, lighting the passage behind himself and sweeping with his blade. He didn't particularly prefer underground delving but he was enjoying the challenge that the underground offered. In the shuffling he barely heard what Lord Finnabar said and deigned not to respond, allowing his actions to speak for him. He prepared to protect the Teacher if possible and rush whatever lie in the chamber before them.


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Since the light gives youy away there will be no surprise round,... Roll initiative!

The walls of the egg-shaped cavern you enter are obscured by thick
tangles of long, pallid roots. To the east, the chamber opens
into a wide, root-filled chasm. A screaming Kald is tied against the wall pierced with innumerable bloody scratches, also tied against the wall are the corpses of another 3 Kalds which appear to already have been killed. The victim is surrounded by eight of the snall ugly bird creatures all of which bear sharpened sticks which they have, apparently been stabbing at the Kald, all now face the tunnel from which you now pour.


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

To save time, unless previous actions prevent this..

Staying by the tunnel entrance, Jack fires an arrow at one of the bird-things (can we have a name for them for ease of posting?) that were torturing the kald.

Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 2


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Xarafine moves back behind Bein, allowing him to move forward more quickly into combat.

She begins singing a song of battle, letting each note carry and reverberate around the chamber.

Inspire Courage: +1 competence bonus to attack and damage rolls, +1 morale bonus to saves vs fear.


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

1d1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Round 1 Ini 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Bein noisily brushed past the Teacher and nod in thanks to her as he leveled his blade at the strange creatures before him. Seeing the tortured Kald on the wall, and the three others that were dead nearby, Bein couldn't help but tare at theses creature balefully. "Honorless Dogs!" He snarled before moving forward and preparing to fight.


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Posting this ahead of time. I am sure it was a miss!

MA: Move 20ft towards enemy
SA: Attack with Longsword 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Sorry for the delay guys,... insanely busy at work. Will try to post the creature's actions tomorrow.

Creature's Init:

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Init order

Xerafine 16 - Inspire courage
Jack 15 - Shoots creature A (2 damage)
Creatures 12
Bein 9
Finn 7

As Xerafine's clear voice pierces the blackness of the cave, Jack lets loose an arrow which flies true, striking the creature in its leg. The creature stumbles but moves forward amongst the hoard of its comrades towards you.

(You can call the creatures by whatever term you wish. I'd prefer not to dictate a term to you - you're explorers after all.


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

If Xarafine got her inspire courage off before me, that's 3 damage instead. Not that it's a big deal, just FYI.

Jack squints at the approaching crowd; in his mind he uncreatively decides upon calling them 'birdlings' as he tries to analyze what kind of creatures they may be.

For next turn, after Xarafine

Jack nocks another arrow and fires at the same creature he struck before.

Attack, incl inspire courage 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

If hit, damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5
Jack Ciarathan wrote:
If hit, damage 1d8+1

Jack, you've forgotten Point blank shot as well, that's +1 to damage and attack


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests
Finnabar d'Orlovsky wrote:
Jack Ciarathan wrote:
If hit, damage 1d8+1
Jack, you've forgotten Point blank shot as well, that's +1 to damage and attack

Oh right! If the target's within 30 feet...


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

As Xerafine's clear voice pierces the blackness of the cave, Jack lets loose an arrow which flies true, striking the creature in its leg. The creature stumbles but moves forward amongst the hoard of its comrades towards you....

The "birdlings" charge forward in an uncoordinated rush, pushing and shoving each other as they surround Jack.

___________
........l...........l
________lbb.........l
.B..X.F..Jbbb.......l
--------lbbb........l
........l...........l
........------K------

Birdling's attacks:

Birdling A: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Birdling B: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Birdling C: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Birdling D: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Birdling E: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Five of the birdlings stab at Jack with simple flint knives. However, either due to the pushing of their comrades, or simple incompetance, all five miss.

OK, so the map clearly didn't work. Jack is 5' into the room and surrounded by five Birdlings, behind which stand the other three, ready to push forwards. Only one person will be able to atnd n a position to attack the birdlings surrounding Jack. Any questions? Let me know!


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Bein should be in front of me at this point, correct? The map still shows Xarafine in the middle.


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

for more clarity, let me recap where we are.
Round 1

Xerafine 16 - Inspire courage
Jack 15 - Shoots creature A (3 damage)
Creatures 12 Attack Jack
Bein 9 Moves 20 foot forwards + attack
Finn 7

Bein, from where you are, you can't reach the birdlings. I propose you just move 30 foot forwards to 2 squares behind Jack. Or you wait for my turn as I try to kill one to make some space and move to the space freed.
For myself, I propose to move behind Jack and attack one of the birdlings. Then next round, Jack can withdraw to avoid AoO.


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Lets see if I can help. x is the floor and the birdlings are numbered. o is wall since the dashes and hyphens don't render well in the posting font (which is frustrating because in the plaintext everything's evenly spaced. Wish we had a way to post "code" or something...
*
*
*
*
___________
xxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxxx|
|oooooo|12xxxxxxxxx|
BxxXxFxxJ345xxxxxxx|
|oooooo|678xxxxxxxx|
xxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxxx|
xxxxxxxxxooooKoooo|


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Bein will move up behind Finnbar and allow Finn to clear a path. If things get bad Bein can at least be a rearguard for the groups retreat. Heavy AC for the win~


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

Finnabar moves right behind Jack at the entrance of the room, attacking the birdling 1.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14, damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Finnabar's axe slices into the birdling, sending up a cloud of feathers and dropping the small, ugly creature.

Thanks for the map Jack!

Xerafine
Jack
Creatures
Bein
Finn


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Xarafine continues to sing (maintaining inspire courage) and remains behind the rest of the group. She holds the torch in her left hand and sets the Speaking Staff to rest against the tunnel wall, realizing that she cannot fight with it one-handed. She focuses on her martial drill, preparing to palm-strike the first bird-thing that attacks her.


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Jack
birdlings
Bein
Finn
Xerafine


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Jack finds himself hemmed in by the birdlings before him, and Finnabar behind, with no good options for how to move--let them hurt Finnabar if he moves, or stay and take the brunt of the attacks, which given how surrounded he is, he will likely be hurt severely if not killed if he stays too long. And if he moves slowly and carefully enough to avoid getting hit, he will not be able to even put in a retaliating strike as he moves away.

But he knows he is not a tough man, nor a well armored one, and he will not serve the party well if he gets himself killed. Thus holding up his bow and arm defensively, he carefully withdraws, squeezing past Finnabar and Bein and doing his best to dodge any blows from the nearest birdlings, to stand in front of Xarafine. Withdraw action. Jack will still provoke AOOS from birdlings 1 and 6, since he is moving through 2 squares they threaten, not just one.

As he passes Finnabar, he mutters, "Step back a little, so we can create a bottleneck." Free action to speak

My best impression of where we are now

___________
xxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxxx|
|oooooo|12xxxxxxxxx|
.xxxXJBxFx345xxxxxxx|
|oooooo|678xxxxxxxx|
xxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxxx|
xxxxxxxxxooooKoooo|


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

Jack, Birdling 1 is dead, so there is only an Aoo from birdling 6.


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Sorry! I'm having trouble keeping track. here's an update. This also makes Jack feel less bad about opening up the stage for the birdlings to get to Finnabar, at least at the moment, so that's good. :)

*
*
*
*

___________
xxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxxx|
|oooooo|X2xxxxxxxxx|
.xxxXJBxFx345xxxxxxx|
|oooooo|678xxxxxxxx|
xxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxxx|
xxxxxxxxxooooKoooo|


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

AAO #6: 1d20 ⇒ 20 confirm 1d20 ⇒ 19 yikes!
2d3 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3

The birdling stabs forward with its knife, managing to slice Jack's leg as he pushes backwards.

The birdlings move forward over the body of their dead comrade and strike at Finnabar

1d20 ⇒ 13
1d20 ⇒ 18
1d20 ⇒ 14

1d3 ⇒ 2

One manages to slip its knife past Finnabar's defenses, slicing his stomach. The birdlings chirrup excitedly at the splash of blood.

xxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxxx|
|oooooo|25xxxxxxxxx|
.xxxXJBxF34xxxxxxxxx|
|oooooo|678xxxxxxxx|
xxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxxx|
xxxxxxxxxooooKoooo|

Jack
birdlings
Bein
Finn
Xerafine


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

As Bein is behind Finnabar, he will surely delay. So Finnabar will act first.

Enraged by the birdling blow, Finnabar turns his shoulders to swing his axe into the pressing mass of birdlings.

Cleave attack
1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 1 = 23, damage 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6 on Birdling 3
and 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10, damage 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4 on Birdling 6.
That should drop Birdling 3 and AC is now 14


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

I'd rather wait to see if Bein can post before making assumptions. I am uncomfortable with other players directing how each other should act. I understand we're trying to get this through as fast as possible, and work with each others' posting limitations. I'm cool with assuming that's Finnabar's action on his turn, got no problem with that and with folks posting their actions when they're able in general, but I don't want Hymenopterix to assume Bein delayed till he posts it himself.


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Bein readied to exchange places with finnabar if need be. The mass of birdlings had him worried, as they had left themselves open at the rear and their mounts only had Arundel for protection.

Readied action - Move action - if Finn Withdraws Bein will move and take his spot on the line.


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

Once my attack in done, Finnabar will move 5 foot back, to open the spot for Bein


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Xarafine continues to sing, and utter silent prayers to Belam that her three companions will be victorious. (maintian inspire courage)


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Jack does his best to see past his companions and aim at the birdling in the center of the group.

Longbow attack, incl. Point Blank Shot and Inspire Courage. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Damage 1d8+2[/dice]

Note that Jack has Precise Shot, so he has no penalty for firing into melee. But birdlings may get cover bonus to AC


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

I doubt that hit so I'll leave the borked coding as is. :)


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Just for clarification, I only readied the move action in case Finnabar was too badly injured and that way Bein could cover his retreat and guard the rear of the group. :) Didn't mean to force you out of combat early Finn. ^^;


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

No pb, go ahead, once you've moved, you can attack as well.


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Finn's wicked blade slices the birdling almost in half, sending a spray of blood as far as the Kald tied to the wall, who is watching what's going on wide-eyed and making excited noises. The big fighter takes a step backwards whilst Xerafine continues to sing.

Clarification: Bein, are you moving up, or staying put?


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

moving up :)


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10
Bein'Meleth Rámalóce wrote:
moving up :)

Attack rolls?


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Oh! Didn't realize I still got one~ Here it comes, sorry about that!

As Finnabar pulled back, Bein worked his way around his Lord and came at the birdlings with his Longsword. He kept his shield raised, fighting defensively as he thrusted point first with his longsword in the hopes of skewering one of the birds.

Attack w/Longsword -Fighting Defensively 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 - 2 = 8
AC = 22 (+2 for FD

He cursed though as an overhanging root caught his blades tip and threw off his thrust.


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Bein pushes forwards and swings against the small ugly creatures, however a low-hanging root catches his sword which deflects upwards, striking Jack's arrow which embeds itself in the roof of the cavern. The birdlings push forward to attack Bein.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

xxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxxx|
|oooooo|25xxxxxxxxx|
.xxxXJxFB4xxxxxxxxxx|
|oooooo|678xxxxxxxx|
xxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxxx|
xxxxxxxxxooooKoooo|

2 1d20 ⇒ 12
4 1d20 ⇒ 8
6 1d20 ⇒ 1

All three swing forard with their knives but they seem to get in each other's way. One, to Bein's left, trips , loeaving itself open to Bein's sword. (Bein: you can have an AAO against birdling 6.)

Jack
birdlings
Finn
Bein
Xerafine


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

If I may suggest, Finn and Bein could both move back one square so Bein is only fighting one at a time


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

Good point. I'll do that

Finnabar moves one step back, waiting for Bein to clear more of the Birdlings before going back into melee.


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Aoo 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 2 = 5 Derp!


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Finn steps back, opening up a space behind Bein...

Jack
birdlings
Finn
Bein
Xerafine


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Bein steps back after realizing he is outnumbered and despite his heavy armor three on one was poor odds even for a night. He thrusts with his longsword again hoping to make them back off long enough for him to withdraw a few steps....

SA: Attack Birdling 4 w/Longsword - FD 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 2 = 5
MA: 5ft step back.
AC: 22 (20 norm +2 for FD)

1,851 to 1,900 of 3,401 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hymenopterix's Colonies of the Salt Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.