Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Hymenopterix's Colonies of the Salt Coast

Game Master Electric Monk


1,801 to 1,850 of 3,107 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>

General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
Stats:
HP: 30/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Bein nods in agreement with Lord Finnabar. setting his lance in its holder he puts a hand on his sheathed longsword, they're foes were smaller then before he was ready to face them on foot. "They prefer ambushes, cowards, we best be careful and avoid tight areas then."


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 17 | Touch: 16 | FF: 14 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Xarafine speaks a prayer to Belam, then touches each member of the group (resistance, +1 to saving throws).

In Canari:
"Mighty Belam, Lord of Battle, cast your gaze upon us, and bring us victory.:


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

You travel slowley, the trail hard to follow in the half-light, even with Jack's ability to see relatively well. Every now-and-then you lose the creatures' trail and it takes several minutes of hunting to find it again. As the sun climbs above the eastern horizen the trail becomes easier to follow and you begin to make better time.

After a full two-hours of travel it seems clear that the trail has stopped meandering and straightens out, speeding your progress further. As you come to the top of a ridge you see a mighty oak in the distance straight ahead, it stands out above the other trees of the area and seems to be the destination of the tracks.


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
Stats:
HP: 30/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Bein dismounts, giving a low whistle and indicating for Arundel to follow. He ties the reins to his saddlehorn and proceeded towards the great oak on foot. He draws his Longsword and travels slowly towards the oak, while eyeing the underbrush warily.

Sorry internet went out for damn near a week >.<;;; I gave my internet company hell for it after the second day... Still never gave me a straight answer... and my internet is still erratic...


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 25/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Staying close to Bein, Jack looks the large oak up and down, for signs that something/someone might have climbed into it. He scans the canopy for breaks that would suggest nests built in as well.

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 34/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

Finnabar follows closely, looking for the creatures' lair or ambushes.
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25, then detect evil once he's 60 feet from the Oak


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 17 | Touch: 16 | FF: 14 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Xarafine keeps just behind and to the right of Finnabar. She watches for trouble, then casts detect magic in the direction of the tree.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Perception DC 20:

Hidden amid the ancient tree’s roots you manage to spot a hidden entrance which, on closer insepction consists of a root-lined shaft
that drops 10 feet down to a dirt floor below. The shaft is lined with the mighty tree's roots and should make it easy to climb down.

Finnabar, you don't detect evil from the area.


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
Stats:
HP: 30/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Blargh!

Internet is still sporadic, sorry!


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 17 | Touch: 16 | FF: 14 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

"Look there, amid the roots. There seems to be a hole; perhaps a burrow. It may be where our nasty little bandits are hiding."


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 34/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5
Xarafine wrote:
"Look there, amid the roots. There seems to be a hole; perhaps a burrow. It may be where our nasty little bandits are hiding."

"Have we got any lantern remaining? We should have a look as these ones may also attack other than Kalds."


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
Stats:
HP: 30/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Bein turns and shakes his bullseye lantern, smiling at the sound of the fuel oil slopping about on the inside. "My lantern is still full Lordship, I also carry spare torches as well. Both are at your disposal."


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 34/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

"Well let's move in. Jack, do you want to move in first alone or with us in close support?"


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 25/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Jack answers after a quick moment's thought. "Let's go together, I think."

Jack takes one of the torches and steps close, peering into the hole before making his way down.


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 17 | Touch: 16 | FF: 14 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

"Captain, in what order do you want us to descend? Jack has the vanguard, but who follows him, and who has the rearguard?"


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
Stats:
HP: 30/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Bein nods and speaks up. "I can take Rear Guard, with Lord Finnabar and Jack leading the way. Someone must watch your back Teacher." Bein looks to Arundel and gives the command for Arundel to Guard until his return.


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 34/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5
Bein'Meleth Rámalóce wrote:
Bein nods and speaks up. "I can take Rear Guard, with Lord Finnabar and Jack leading the way. Someone must watch your back Teacher." Bein looks to Arundel and gives the command for Arundel to Guard until his return.

"Good point, let's go with this order."


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 17 | Touch: 16 | FF: 14 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Xarafine moves into place between Finnabar and Bein, and watches as Jack disappears into the hole.


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Jack easily makes his way downwards into the hole, closely followed by Finnabar. After descending roughly 10 feet you reach the ground. Streatching east to west, and angling downward in both directions is a natural tunnel between 5 and 3 foot wide and only 5 foot high - effectively lower, since it is covered in tangles of tree roots and small stalagtites (NB this will make it hard to fight effectively) . The floor of the tunnel is muddy and wet and reflects the light of the torch strangley, causing the shadows of the stalagtites and tree roots to dance strangely against the walls of the tunnel.


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 25/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Jack listens for signs or sounds of the creatures they are tracking.

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

I'm also okay with the GM if he wants to make appropriate Perception rolls to speed up this investigation


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Although it is hard to make out, you can just about hear some high-pitched chirps from the west. Although more bird-like than human sounding it remined you of laughter.


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 17 | Touch: 16 | FF: 14 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Xarafine mutters a quiet prayer for understanding under her breath.

Casts comprehend languages

She motions for the others to remain silent as she attempts to listen to the chirping voices.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

You can only make out bits of the conversation from this distance,...

"ha! (Name) you missed! Now its my turn give it to me. No, Let go! Its my turn. OK, stand over there. (pause) OK just a moment right 1, 2, 3 FIRE! Ha, ha, ha got ya! (laughter)"


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 17 | Touch: 16 | FF: 14 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

"They appear to be playing some sort of game. It may be best to confront them now, while they are distracted," she whispers to the rest of the group.


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 34/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5
Xarafine wrote:
"They appear to be playing some sort of game. It may be best to confront them now, while they are distracted," she whispers to the rest of the group.

"A game? If they are distracted, let's move in. Weapons out, people. We'll take the same formation. Bein, you have our back. Jack and myself are in point."


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
Stats:
HP: 30/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

"Aye sir." He nodded, kerping his sword drawn and his buckler raised as he followed behind the group.


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 17 | Touch: 16 | FF: 14 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Xarafine nods her assent and waits to follow when Jack and Finnabar move.


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 25/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Jack draws his blade and walks alongside Finnabar, wondering at the games these little robbers play.


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

You move forward slowley, forced into a close, crouched, single file as proceed towards the sound. Jack edges further to get a view and is confronted by the strange sight of two blueish-grey coloured bipedal creatures, with short legs and arms, covered in short, dirty feathers or hair.

One stands at the north of the cavern (which is no higher than the passage but measures 15'x15' and has another exit on the far side.) On the other side of the cavern stands the other creature, which holds a sticky white ball. As Jack watches, the creature flings the white ball at its companion but misses. The ball itself sticks to the wall behind the target.


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 25/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

What's the ball appear to be made of?

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Jack looks to Finnabar, pointing at the two little creatures, uncertain as to how to proceed.


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 34/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5
Jack Ciarathan wrote:

What's the ball appear to be made of?

Perception 1d20+9

Jack looks to Finnabar, pointing at the two little creatures, uncertain as to how to proceed.

Finnabar concentrates briefly on both creatures before answering Jack. Uses Detect evil


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

In this light, and at this distance you can't really tell what the ball's made of.


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10
Finnabar d'Orlovsky wrote:
Jack Ciarathan wrote:

What's the ball appear to be made of?

Perception 1d20+9

Jack looks to Finnabar, pointing at the two little creatures, uncertain as to how to proceed.

Finnabar concentrates briefly on both creatures before answering Jack. Uses Detect evil

Whoops, sorry Finn.

The creatures detect as evil!


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 34/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

These are evil. Take the far one with your bow, I'll go for the close one.

As soon as Jack has fired, Finnabar will charge the one closer to them.


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 25/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Jack draws his bow as quietly as he can, nocks an arrow, and shoots.

Attack (add 1 if within 30 feet) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage (add 1 if within 30 feet) 1d8 ⇒ 1


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 17 | Touch: 16 | FF: 14 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Xarafine follows Finnabar into the chamber, moving to the right side of the tunnel entrance so that Bein has clear access to the ensuing battle. She holds the Speaking Staff at the ready, striking if either creature moves within reach.


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 34/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

Finnabar rushes into the room, moving onto the closest creature, trying to cut it in halves with a mighty axe stroke.

attack with cold iron axe 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14, damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
Stats:
HP: 30/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Bein angles his blade so that he can thrust and puts his shield in front of him to deflect blows as he watches his fellow join these creatures in combat. He didn't understand the sudden attack but his comrades hadn't led him astray and doubt never crossed his mind.

If Possible
MA: Move into room and hopefully flank one of their strange foes.

SA: Attack Said nearest foe with Longsword!1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Damage Dealt, hopefully! 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Jack's arrow streaks forward, hitting the small, ugly creature in its arm but seeming to do little damage. Immediately, Finnabar rushes into combat with the second creature which crumples into a small pile of bloody feathers as his axe slices through its neck into its abdomen. Bein pushes past Jack into the arrow-wounded creature which pales backwards as his sword descends to cleave its head in two, splattering the tall cavalier in sticky black blood.

The cavern contains a few piles of filthy rags splattered with white and which produce a strong and disgusting smell, a simple bench built by placing a rough plank across three conveneient stalagtites, and little more other than the small bodies of the two creatures. The whole, bloody scene is dimly lit by a small amount of light from a small hole in the roof above, unlike the utter blackness of the tunnel ahead, which even Jack's keen eyes can't penetrate.


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 25/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Jack kneels down and examines the bodies of the creatures, and the ball they were playing with, looking for any items of note or anything that tells him what they were doing. He hopes they did the right thing, launching the offensive, but between what these creatures did to the kalds and Finnabar's supernatural sense for those with darkness in their souls, he tries to trust that other actions may have led to greater harm.

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

He squints up ahead. "I can't see at all, we will need light if we go further. And that may mean announcing ourselves."


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 17 | Touch: 16 | FF: 14 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

"Walking into where we cannot see would benefit us nothing. We should light our way, and pray to the Nine that we are not walking into an ambush."


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Jack:
The white ball gives off a pungent smell and, when you touch it, burns like acid. It has flecks of black in it and resembles nothing so much as fresh guano - bird poo.


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 25/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Jack cleans off his hands carefully and puts his gloves back on. "It seems they were actually tossing s$+* at each other." He pauses. "Apologies for the coarse language, but some things are what they are."

"Quite acidic in nature. We should take care they don't throw any at us, and not just because it's disgusting."


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 34/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5
Xarafine wrote:
"Walking into where we cannot see would benefit us nothing. We should light our way, and pray to the Nine that we are not walking into an ambush."

"I don't really know what they are. But I know they are evil by nature and we have seen their acts. I'm not saying the Kalds are better, but if these beings prey on the weak, we need to root them out. Let's light up our way and go forwards. But be wary of ambushes."


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
Stats:
HP: 30/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Bein nods and lights up a set of torches he had been carrying just for this occasion, he also lights his bullseye lantern and hands it to Finnabar. "Throw this at them if you must, it is full of oil and should burn fiercely enough to buy us time to retreat Lordship."


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Are you going to continue in the same order? If so, who's holding lanters or torches and are you going to continue in this direction or head back past the entrance?


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
Stats:
HP: 30/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Bein will remain at the rear of the group unless prompted to change, he also doesn't mind splitting up to cover more ground but that would be... unwise. :/


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 17 | Touch: 16 | FF: 14 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Xarafine will carry a torch, or the lantern, since she is the middle.


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 25/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests
Hymenopterix wrote:
Are you going to continue in the same order? If so, who's holding lanters or torches and are you going to continue in this direction or head back past the entrance?

Bein just said he's lighting a torch and handed a lantern to finnabar. I assume same marching order unless anyone says otherwise. ETA: Ninjaed by Xarafine. Jack can't hold a torch because he needs both hands to fire arrows.


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 34/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5
Jack Ciarathan wrote:
Hymenopterix wrote:
Are you going to continue in the same order? If so, who's holding lanters or torches and are you going to continue in this direction or head back past the entrance?
Bein just said he's lighting a torch and handed a lantern to finnabar. I assume same marching order unless anyone says otherwise. ETA: Ninjaed by Xarafine. Jack can't hold a torch because he needs both hands to fire arrows.

To summarize what everyone said, Jack will go first with his bow, Finnabar just behind with a lantern in his shield hand. Then Xarafine with another torch and Bein behind. And we go deeper down.

1,801 to 1,850 of 3,107 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hymenopterix's Colonies of the Salt Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.