Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Hymenopterix's Colonies of the Salt Coast

Game Master Electric Monk


1,751 to 1,800 of 3,348 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>

General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
Stats:
HP: 30/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Bein shuts his visor as they begin refilling the hole andkeeps his eyes on their surroundings. He was always wary when out in the open like this, this was a bowmans dream ambush. "Once we finish our mapping are we to continue towards where the bandits were last seen gathering Lordship?"


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5
Bein'Meleth Rámalóce wrote:
Bein shuts his visor as they begin refilling the hole andkeeps his eyes on their surroundings. He was always wary when out in the open like this, this was a bowmans dream ambush. "Once we finish our mapping are we to continue towards where the bandits were last seen gathering Lordship?"

"Yes, once we have finished mapping here, we'll start with going south as planned toward the bandit's camp."That would make it hex 24.

"Then we can swing east to follow the river towards the bandit's lair." That would make it hex 31., says Finnabar, climbing back in the saddle once Jack and Bein have finished filling up the hole.


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Jack's frustration at finding little about the bandits in the buried treasure swelled to a burst at hearing the others return to discussing the routine mission at hand, rather than continue to track the bandits as they had discussed earlier.

"Confound the bloody mapping!" He shouted, an unusual sound to from the usually soft-spoken young man. His horse started, and he reined it in, one hand on its neck to calm it down, but he retained his intensity as he lowered his voice.

"So the bandits haven't been here in a month or so--we have already wasted time not dealing with them any sooner. Just because we drove them off from Oleg's, found the one outpost... we should have made sure they were no longer a threat right then, not forgotten about it. We may have only run into a handful of innocents, the trapper, the merchant, but a handful threatened by bandits is still too many!" His eyes actually began to tear as a sudden memory of his boyhood friend, felled by a bandit's arrow, filled his mind. He tried to push it away, tried to keep some semblance of restraint and resolve.

"We said we would scout. Let us scout and figure out how to deal with them, see if they ARE a menace, or that they have scattered and be assured we can finish this mission in peace."

"But if you would lollygag about sticking to the letter of our mission while others may be in danger, then you can map these ruddy lands--without a sextant--on your own. I will scout for them myself and report back to Oleg's should I survive."

Sorry--Jack's got a thing about bandits and I actually should have had him insist on chasing down the bandits way back when. Also, his Chaotic is showing. I will of course rein him in as needed but he would NOT be willing to map the whole hex right now, not without good reason.


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

"How long would you estimate it would take you to scout the bandits' territory and return? When should we come to look for you, if you do not come back? Do you have a plan for how to signal us? I would feel more comfortable with your suggested course if I knew the answers to these issues."


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Jack was taken aback at Xarafine's willingness to go along with him, but he stopped to consider her questions seriously (whether a bluff was being called or no). "If they are where we think they are... I think it would take no more than a day to get there on horseback. Once getting there, I only plan to stay long enough to get as best sense of the layout and numbers as I can while sneaking around. A few hours at most, I think."

"As for signaling you... would you come for me when I sent it up, or wait until you finished mapping first?" He shook his head, knowing that was much too harsh. "I am sorry. But no, I have no means for sending a signal--at least not one that the bandits themselves would not notice. I figure if I succeed, I head for Oleg's as fast as I can without hurting the horse, and wait. If I fail, then I'll be dead before you could find me, regardless of any signals or otherwise."


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
Stats:
HP: 30/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Despite bristling at the implication that the mapping was more important then a comrades life Bein slapped his gauntlet covered hand against his saddle. "I have similar feelings over the bandits Jack but never for a second have I thought that the mapping came before someone else's life. That's a joke worthy of only my ire and a personal insult to my honor or did my challenge to the Eagle guard captain fall on deaf ears? I am willing and sworn to defend the Teacher and Lord Finnabar but you are equally important in the completion of this mission. You can hire a musclebound brute from any corner of the kingdom, even some that ride horses but decent people such as you three are hard to come by. Now, you are also, if I am not mistaken, a comrade at this point so when you decide to so blatantly to insult our honor it hurts you more then it does anyone else."

He didn't let the words sink in for long before continuing. "Now, I have sufficient funds to perhaps hire some of Kestens men for a day or two. I propose we hire a pair of calvarymen and a pair of trackers and allow myself to accompany Jack at a distance, one of which the calvarymen and I could cover quickly. We won't know until we talk with Kesten but perhaps we could hire a small bodyguard for Lord finnabar and the teacher so they can continue the mapping as well. We could plan to meet up at Oleg's or the old bandit camp on the dawn of the day after we parted ways. At least then we would have their numbers and gods willing a prisoner to interrogate. I also have a bullseye lantern that could be used for signalling a short distance away. So if we can hire the men we can make this work. Granted we don't have enough horses... Although we could use the workhorse for the other tracker. Just a thought since mapping this territory is as important them as it is to us." Bein leaned back in the saddle satisfied with


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Bein, looks like you clipped off the end of your last sentence :)


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
Stats:
HP: 30/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Lol, indeed!

Bein leaned back in the saddle satisfied with his suggestion and looking forward to the discussion ahead. He hoped they were able to deal with Kesten... Easily.


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10
Bein'Meleth Rámalóce wrote:
[b]"Now, I have sufficient funds to perhaps hire some of Kestens men for a day or two.

These are proffesional soldiers, not mercinaries. It would be very unlikely that they would be for hire.


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

But if they were to be convinced it was for the safety of the outpost... and thus part of their duty...

"I am sorry, again, I know that was not called for, Bein. But as long as the Stag's men travel through here--there is a danger. Even if one innocent man is killed, it is one life wasted, and that is a far greater evil than anyone's besmirched honor or words said in haste. If you agree that the bandits need to be dealt with, then why waste our time with the map until we know they are dealt with? Especially since we have no sextant and that means it will take longer?"

Jack shook his head. "It is something I should have said earlier, after we fought the bandits last time. I have never traveled with any but my clan before now, and few would dare let the mongrel speak his mind. I didn't speak before because I thought no one would listen, because that's how it's always been." Jack took a deep breath. "I am sorry for shouting, but it is an odd sort of compliment. That I trust you to let me be heard, even if you disagree." To Jack, that kind of thing is what "honor" meant--to trust in one's comrades, even when angry, and to listen to them in turn, respect their input. These codes by which the others lived struck him as only obstacles to doing what was important.


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5
Jack Ciarathan wrote:

But if they were to be convinced it was for the safety of the outpost... and thus part of their duty...

"I am sorry, again, I know that was not called for, Bein. But as long as the Stag's men travel through here--there is a danger. Even if one innocent man is killed, it is one life wasted, and that is a far greater evil than anyone's besmirched honor or words said in haste. If you agree that the bandits need to be dealt with, then why waste our time with the map until we know they are dealt with? Especially since we have no sextant and that means it will take longer?"

Jack shook his head. "It is something I should have said earlier, after we fought the bandits last time. I have never traveled with any but my clan before now, and few would dare let the mongrel speak his mind. I didn't speak before because I thought no one would listen, because that's how it's always been." Jack took a deep breath. "I am sorry for shouting, but it is an odd sort of compliment. That I trust you to let me be heard, even if you disagree." To Jack, that kind of thing is what "honor" meant--to trust in one's comrades, even when angry, and to listen to them in turn, respect their input. These codes by which the others lived struck him as only obstacles to doing what was important.

Finnabar, taken aback by Jack's outburst tries to collect his thoughts before answering.

"Just to the point, Jack, you are allowed to speak here. I thought I was not one of those Lordlings with high airs. Have we not fought together? If you don't agree with our course, say so. I will listen and I have before. So hear me please, before throwing your life away with a half-corked plan. I may seen too careful too your eyes, but remember we have no idea of what else we may encounter, what the ground is like. There is at least an hostile Kalt tribe somewhere and we did not fare that well against the bandits last time. Just imagine we had met the Kalds or spiders right after that fight."

Taking a deep breath he adds: "So, yes, I am taking a cautious route for us to get a better feel of the land and not to waste any of your lives. That said, your suggestion has some sense and I am not totally against it. I am just not going to let you go on your own. So if the rest of you agree, we could just go straight south towards the bandit's camp and follow the tracks from there. It should get us towards their main camp."


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
Stats:
HP: 30/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

True... I had been hoping Kesten would have seen the benefit of such recon and allowed us to pay his soldiers with Combat pay, as long as we had them in the field. But since that RP option obviously isn't going to happen I won't even broached the subject. Thanks.[][]


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10
Bein'Meleth Rámalóce wrote:
True... I had been hoping Kesten would have seen the benefit of such recon and allowed us to pay his soldiers with Combat pay, as long as we had them in the field. But since that RP option obviously isn't going to happen I won't even broached the subject. Thanks.[][]

You might try to get the soldiers to help (would depend on Kesten's orders. Just wanted to point out that you almost certainly won't be able to hire them. - convincing Kesten might work...?


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

"I know that now. And I thank you, Finnabar, for understanding." Jack nodded deeply in gratitude. "What of Bein's suggestion, to get reinforcements? Or perhaps if we have something to report, Kesten may be willing to send some men to help deal with the problem afterward--like we discussed earlier."


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5
Jack Ciarathan wrote:
"I know that now. And I thank you, Finnabar, for understanding." Jack nodded deeply in gratitude. "What of Bein's suggestion, to get reinforcements? Or perhaps if we have something to report, Kesten may be willing to send some men to help deal with the problem afterward--like we discussed earlier."

"I'm sure we can get some help once we've found their nest and we can report that back. for now, let's move. Jack, to the south and the bandit's camp, please."


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Much relieved that they would see to the bandit issue at once, Jack spurs his horse onward toward the south.


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
Stats:
HP: 30/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Bein sets his lance in its holder and quickly catches up with Jack. A smile spread across his face at the thought of facing the bandits once more. As he catches up to Jack he slaps the ranger on the shoulder, the thought of Jack being called a Mongrel made him bristle. "Purge that foul word from your mind my friend. Everyone's opinion is welcomed in our band and besides that you haven't led us astray yet, why would you now? Lets find these thugs and put a stop to their evil." After a few more moments of quiet conversation Bein fell in behind Jack and pulled out his Longbow as he kept a wary eye on the area around them. Ever watchful for ambushes.


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Jack smiled with thanks to Bein. He was glad the others understood his concern.

Everyone okay?


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
Stats:
HP: 30/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Indeed! Bumpity! :)


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Sorry for the delay - work's v. busy atm.

You continue to trek southward, the land seeming to drop downwards as you move away from the distant mountains. The terrain remains hilly and the few scattered trees cast little shade. Streams seem absent from this part of the land and the sparse vegetation mirrors this dryness. Are you planning to finish exploring this hex before moving south?

If so...:
You finish mapping the area as night draws in and set camp, ready to travel further south at daybreak.

If not...:
You move south [ooc](into Hex 30), as dusk closes in Jack halts at the front of the group having spied a small motionless shape in the grass. On closer examination the form reveals itself to be a dead Kald, its small form bearing a multitude of stab wounds. The pittiful form seems to have been stripped of any equipment it might once have carried.


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

we are just heading straight south, if I understood the conclusion right


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10
Jack Ciarathan wrote:
we are just heading straight south, if I understood the conclusion right

... Therefore see the "If not" spoiler above


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Jack dismounts to look more closely at the Kald. How long has it been dead?

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Heal 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
Stats:
HP: 30/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Bein keeps an eye out as Jack dismounts to examine the Kald's corpse.

Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

You can't see any additional marks or wounds on the corpse, it seems to have been dead for a number of hours - it was probably killed around dawn or scavengers would have taken it by now. The stab wounds are small - inflicted by something like a small dagger.


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

"So much death...this land needs peace. I pray that we may bring civility and justice to its inhabitants."


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

"It was not dead long. We should stay on the alert in case its murderer also chooses to waylay us." Jack checks to see if it has any possessions--including signs of whether it was robbed, if it is possible to discern.


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5
Jack Ciarathan wrote:
"It was not dead long. We should stay on the alert in case its murderer also chooses to waylay us." Jack checks to see if it has any possessions--including signs of whether it was robbed, if it is possible to discern.

Sorry for the late post, I've had connection issues at home and the site is blocked at work :-("

"Maybe he's been killed by one of his own. The last one we saw did not look that organized or friendly. But their lair may be close. We need to find a place we can defend tonight and set up doulbe watches."


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

"Captain, we should bury the treppec. Not only out of respect, but that the corpse will not attract predators or dangerous scavengers in the night."

Everyone alright out there?


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5
Xarafine wrote:

"Captain, we should bury the treppec. Not only out of respect, but that the corpse will not attract predators or dangerous scavengers in the night."

Everyone alright out there?

"Yes, you're right. But it seems to me we are spending our time burying corpses. I'm sure that's exactly what our families had in mind when they gave us all those fine tutors.", he adds with a grin.

"While we do that, Jack, can you find us a camping ground. I would rather not end like that one."


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
Stats:
HP: 30/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Bein nods quietly in agreement, a camp would be good at this venture.

here! Still lurking! :)


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Jack nods and seeks out a decent camp site--hopefully not where the kald's killers are still lurking.

Survival 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7
Finnabar d'Orlovsky wrote:

"Yes, you're right. But it seems to me we are spending our time burying corpses. I'm sure that's exactly what our families had in mind when they gave us all those fine tutors.", he adds with a grin.

Xarafine dismounts, carefully removes and folds her stola, and rolls up the sleeves of her robe. She retrieves the spade from the pack mule and looks for a relatively soft patch of soil near the treppec's body.

"Most probably not, Captain. My father and his lady certainly would never deign to dirty their hands in such filthy, menial labor." She rolls her eyes at the mention of her father and step-mother.

She digs into the earth, inexpertly flinging the soil into a far-ranging pile. After a dozen shovelfuls, she pauses to take a breath, and smiles.

"They forget that their station is one of service and responsibility as much as it is power and politics. Sir Bein, if you would, please stand watch while I work. The killer may still be lurking nearby."


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Sorry for the massive dealy! - Huge internet issues amongst other things.

Jack: All the creature's possessions seem to have been taken.

As the rest of the party works to bury the corpse Jack scouts the surrounding land. A number of possible sites present themselves along a small stream to the south. As he makes his way back to the rest of the group he does, however, spot another corpse of a Kald. Just as with the first one it has been stripped of all possessions, and seems to have been killed in the same way.


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

As Jack returns, he says grimly, "There's another one. Killed in the same way, and robbed."

He sighs. "There are some good places to camp beyond, but if we stay around here, we must be very vigilant."


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5
Jack Ciarathan wrote:

As Jack returns, he says grimly, "There's another one. Killed in the same way, and robbed."

He sighs. "There are some good places to camp beyond, but if we stay around here, we must be very vigilant."

"That means the killers' lair is close by. Show us where we can rest Jack and we'll stand doulbe watch. I suggest myself and Jack for first watch and the teacher and Bein for the second one."


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Xarafine stops diggging.

"I very much wish to give these poor creatures a proper burial, but quick disposal of the bodies may be of more imporatace, given the circumstances. Scavenging animals prowling outside the firelight tonight will not help any of us gain meaningful rest. Will one of you retrieve the second corpse? We will bury both together, as quickly as possible."


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Jack nods in agreement to Finnabar's suggestion, and then to Xarafine's request to get the other body. He goes off to retrieve it, trying to find the safest way to drag it to the burial mound.


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

In short order you manage to bury the two Kalds and travel south to the campsite Jack has identified - on the northern bank of a small rocky stream which flows from a fissure in the limestone rock, and where a few trees offer some shelter from the wind.

The night passes quietly, cold but bearable in the absence of wind, until, in the early hours of the morning, [ooc](Bein and Xerafine's watch) your hear a sudden squalking commotion from the south. The noise is barely audible but the high-piched sound travels well in the frosty morning half-light. After only a minute the cry is abruptly cut off and silence once again descends though the horses seem jittery in its aftermath.


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

Bumping it up. Xarafine, Bein, is any of you here?


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
Stats:
HP: 30/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Bein wakes the others quickly, relaying what he heard as he brought Arundel around. "I will investigate, Lordship. Before whatever is happening ends before we get there."

Without another word he saddles up and gets ready to ride out of the camp towards where he believed the noise to be emanating from.


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

I'm still here but not sure what's up with the others. Both players were posting on the boards as of Saturday (just not here)--should one of us send them a PM?


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Bardic knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Upon hearing the creature's squak, Xarafine does her best to determine the type of creature that made it.

"Something was just killed nearby. It stands to reason that whatever killed it is nearby, as well. Your orders, Captain?"


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5
Xarafine wrote:

Bardic knowledge (nature): 1d20+3

Upon hearing the creature's squak, Xarafine does her best to determine the type of creature that made it.

"Something was just killed nearby. It stands to reason that whatever killed it is nearby, as well. Your orders, Captain?"

"Let's break camp quickly, then go and find this dead creature. My guess is it's another Kald or one of their ennemies. Then we, I man you, Jack, can track it. It don(t know if it's related to the bandits or not, but we will soon know, one way or another."


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Jack shakes his head, trying to wake himself up as best he can. Grabbing his bow and buckling on his short sword, he tries to attune his senses to the surroundings and looks for the corpse in the direction Xarafine indicates.

From there he will do as Finnabar says--try to track its killer.

Perception
Survival (tracking)

Add 2 to both if the creature involved is human


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

I borked the coding on the first one, gah. If you don't want this feel free to roll yourself.

We're looking at 1d20+9 for Perception and 1d20+11 for Survival. Let's try it again

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

You break camp as quickly as possible and head southwards slowly, looking for the source of the sound. After some distance - further than you would have guessed, and after some moving back-and forward Jack finally sees the broken body of a Kald in the undergrowth. Like the others, its body has been stripped but, after a bit of searching, Jack finds several very small footprints in the dirt, leading to the west. The footprints are about half the size of the Kald's, but are similar in form with three forward-pointing toes and one facing backward, and appear to be from a number of individuals - somewhere between 4 and 6.

From the tracks Jack is able to piece together a little of what must have happened - The Kald was ambushed by several attackers hiding in the undergrowth. It didn't put up much of a fight and the attackers left the same way they came - from the west.


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

"It seems men are not the only brigands in this country. The kalds, no doubt, wish to travel the roads in safety. Stopping the attacks against them may also help strengthen our diplomatic relations."


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

"On the other hand, perhaps the kalds themselves are seen as invaders by these little people. Not that I disagree with you, Xarafine, but I don't want to jump to conclusions. We were able to deal diplomatically with the kalds when we met them, but they were highly territorial and suspicious and more natives of the region may be similar."

He turns to the others. "Shall we follow the footprints? They are still fairly fresh."


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5
Jack Ciarathan wrote:

"On the other hand, perhaps the kalds themselves are seen as invaders by these little people. Not that I disagree with you, Xarafine, but I don't want to jump to conclusions. We were able to deal diplomatically with the kalds when we met them, but they were highly territorial and suspicious and more natives of the region may be similar."

He turns to the others. "Shall we follow the footprints? They are still fairly fresh."

"It think both hypotheses could be true, we won't know until we find them. I think we should follow the tracks while they are still fresh."

1,751 to 1,800 of 3,348 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hymenopterix's Colonies of the Salt Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.