Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Hymenopterix's Colonies of the Salt Coast

Game Master Electric Monk


1,151 to 1,200 of 3,399 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>

HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

There doesn't seem to be anything magical about the carvings.


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

"Let's move down, then. Have we got enough torches?"


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

The steps, like the passageway have a slight dip in the centre - evidence of the passage of many feet over the years. As you descend the steep steps for approximately 20' you slowely become aware of a lightening from in front of you - from what appears to be another doorway 20' further down the passage. As you draw closer you can hear the drip of water echoing through the chamber. You emerge through the doorway onto a 5' wide ledge with steps dropping down into a pool of water 35'x35'. to your right, you can see another opening (Y on the map), mirroring the one you are standing in (X on the map), with a similar leadge and steps. The water itself is dark black and ripples spread accross it as water drips from above. The whole scene is illuminated by a 10'x10' opening in the roof 90' above your heads.
In front of you, where the far walls of the cavern come together, a third opening (Z on the map) contains steps which descend straight into the water.

ZZ_____________
Z______________!
!______________!
!______________!
!______________Y
!______________!
!______________!
!______X_______!


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

"I wonder how deep this water is. Have we any rope?"


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5
Jack Ciarathan wrote:
"I wonder how deep this water is. Have we any rope?"

Finnabar pauses to take out some silk rope from his pack.

"I do, and this one should not get heavier when wet. I propose that one of us should rope up and cross while the rest get ready to haul him back or defend him with bows and arrows. But first, let's check for traps or other unpleasantnesses left by the original inhabitants.
Can you look for magical residues, Teacher?

Perception check for traps if needed 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Jack smiles. "Actually, I was thinking of tying it to something heavy and lowering it into the water. The weight would touch bottom and we could see how deep it is by the length of the rope we have to let into the water."

"But I don't mind doing a little swimming, after we check for any trouble."


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

"I can lead if is isn't too deep, that way I encounter something you don't need to hold back. My armor should protect me from both friend and foe, but it all depends on how deep the water is..." Sheathing his longsword and shouldering his shield Bein draws his greatsword, intent on probing the water once he is given the all clear to do so.

Since its a fairly long blade, he can kneel down and use the tip to try and tap the bottom of the pool. If there is one :)


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

"Certainly, Captain."

Xarafine casts DETECT MAGIC on the water.

*Sorry for the lack of finesse, I'm posting by phone at the moment*


Male Human Rogue 1 (Swashbuckler)

Rather than risk soiling or damaging our equipment, wouldn't a tree branch do just as well to test the depth of the water?

Volpe dashes off to get one, forgetting that he's carrying the torch.


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10
Xarafine wrote:

"Certainly, Captain."

Xarafine casts DETECT MAGIC on the water.

*Sorry for the lack of finesse, I'm posting by phone at the moment*

Detect Magic:

The water shimmers with a moderate evocation aura


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10
Bein'Meleth Rámalóce wrote:

"I can lead if is isn't too deep, that way I encounter something you don't need to hold back. My armor should protect me from both friend and foe, but it all depends on how deep the water is..." Sheathing his longsword and shouldering his shield Bein draws his greatsword, intent on probing the water once he is given the all clear to do so.

Since its a fairly long blade, he can kneel down and use the tip to try and tap the bottom of the pool. If there is one :)

Dipping our sword into the water you can feel-out the steps descending into the water, the pool's floor seems to level out at about 4' deep.


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

"Be wary, Master Bein. The water holds magical energies."

Xarafine examines the aura. Comparing it in her memory with the aura of the water from the broken statue. *Hy: if you could make a spellcraft roll for me.*


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Jack sees Bein pull his sword out of the water. "So... not that deep? but..." Jack pauses, awaiting Xarafine's final assessment, adding in a mutter, "I don't like that we can't see into it."


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Nevermind, Hy. I got a chance to get to a computer for a few secs.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Xarafine frowns as she ponders the water, then sighs and shakes her head.

"This may be another situation like the idol above. Someone will have to risk testing the water in order to determine its purpose."


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

"Allow me then to test the water Teacher." Sheathing his greatsword, kneeling down, Bein pulls off a gauntlet and cups his uncovered hand to scoop some of the water up to drink it.


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

As Bein puts a hand in the water and bring it some to drink, Finnabar puts a hand on him to stop him.

"Beim, you should not drink stagnant water like that. you would not do it if it was in the open. But if you really do, let me add something."

Passing his hand on the cupped water, Finnabar chants a few words and a bluish light moves from his hand to the water, illuminating it for an instant.

Casting Purify Food and Water

"Here, that should be better. If it does not hurt you, I will try to cross."

If Bein is fine, Finnabar will rope himself up, give the other end to Bein and descend into the water to go to the exit Y.


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Xarafine watches Bein carefully as he drinks the water.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Healing: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Bein carefully takes a drink of the now purified water. The taste is unpleasant but doesn't seem to cause any side effects. Seeing that Bein is unharmed Finnabar ropes himself up and begins to make his way towards the other entrace.

Finnabar: As you move down the slippery steps and into the pool you can feel your feet sinking through a somewhat thick layer of silty mud before they find the hard surface of the rock. Slowely you make your way towards the other entance, carefully chooseing your steps on the muddy floor of the pool. (since you are mostly underwater you movement is down to 5' / round)

As Finnabar nears far door -

All: Perception DC 26:

You notice a leathery flapping sound from above... Roll init


Male Human Rogue 1 (Swashbuckler)

Volpe returns, proudly bearing a six foot long tree branch, just in time to see Bein take a drink.

All right, now let's find out if there's any danger from the... Well, Heck!

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Jack smiles at Volpe. "Finnabar blessed the water first, don't worry."

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

*grumble* I hate it when I'm just 1 off... :)


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14 Swing and a miss!

Bein watches Finnabar wade into the water, his helm hides his disapproving look but if his lordship wished to brave the way. Then he knew better then to stop him. As his grandfather once said It is best to choose ones battles wisely, fight too many and soon you would be surrounded by foes.


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

As Finnabar draws closer to the platform 6 bat-winged shapes swoop out from the doorway. The creatures are tiny and quick, bearing a needle-like snout from the front of their small heads which also bear large eyes and bat-like ears. Strangely, the creatures seem to have 4 wings, each of which bears several wicked barbs.

The creatures swoop down at Finnabar, slashing forwards with their barbed wings as if trying to attach themselves to him,..

creatures' attacks:

Creature 1: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 4 = 7 (-4 because only 2' visable above water)
Creature 2: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 4 = 7
Creature 3: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 7 - 4 = 10
Creature 4: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 4 = 14
Creature 5: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 4 = 21
Creature 6: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 7 - 4 = 11

(-4 because only 2' visable above water)

One of the creatures manages to attach to Finnabar's back and, drawing back its head, strikes forwards with its needle-like proboscis. (Take 1 CON damage)

Finnabar:- You are now 10' from the other entrance and 15' from the ledge the rest of the party are standing on. The animal is grappling you and sucking!

All:- Initiative

creatures init:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Hy, Finnabar action this round would be to submerge himself in water (free action), then grapple back the creature to remove it. If it's possible then, I would use my movement to go back to the party while keeping in the water. Is it doable and what negative modifier would I get?


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Jack curses.

Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
I will wait for Finnabar's action to complete before Jack acts


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10
Finnabar d'Orlovsky wrote:

initiative 1d20+1

Hy, Finnabar action this round would be to submerge himself in water (free action), then grapple back the creature to remove it. If it's possible then, I would use my movement to go back to the party while keeping in the water. Is it doable and what negative modifier would I get?

Going under water'd negate any Dex bonus to your CMD but the same'd apply to the creature. As for moving U/W you'll be able to move at 5' / round but might get disoriented since you won't be able to see.


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5
Hymenopterix wrote:
Finnabar d'Orlovsky wrote:

initiative 1d20+1

Hy, Finnabar action this round would be to submerge himself in water (free action), then grapple back the creature to remove it. If it's possible then, I would use my movement to go back to the party while keeping in the water. Is it doable and what negative modifier would I get?

Going under water'd negate any Dex bonus to your CMD but the same'd apply to the creature. As for moving U/W you'll be able to move at 5' / round but might get disoriented since you won't be able to see.

I don't care, I don't have any dex bonus :-)

When the creature lands on his back, Finnabar drops in the water, trying to grab the creature and tear it from his back.

Grapple check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


Male Human Rogue 1 (Swashbuckler)

The post-eating monster likes the flavor of my posts lately

Volpe steps up, and draws his sabre.

Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Initiative... Awww D: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Bein curses loudly as the creatures descend and his heart stops for a moment when Finnabar disappear's beneath the water.


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

OK, so Init order is....

Finnabar
Jack
Volpe
CREATURES
Xerafine
Bein

Finnabar ducks underwater, scrabling at his back as he disappears beneath the water, dragging the attached creature under with him.

Grapple check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

As he does so, the creature tears away from his back, flapping awkardly in the water with its four wings and screaming outwith a high-pitched whistle.

(Jack, You're up)


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Seeing the creature pull itself away, flapping frantically along the water's surface, Jack takes his bow in hand, knocks an arrow, and fires, aiming to be sure the arrow could not stray in a way to harm Finnabar.

Attack, with -4 penalty for firing into melee. If the creature is within 30 feet, at +1 to the result for Point Blank Shot 1d20 ⇒ 1

Apparently he forgot to string his bow before firing. ;p Also, that looks like three 1s on a d20 roll in a row. The die roller must be grumpy today.


Male Human Rogue 1 (Swashbuckler)

that's a 1/8000 chance. Let's see if I catch the backswing of that mojo.

Volpe takes a couple of steps into the water, just enough to stay mobile. He'll take a swing at a bat creature as they come into range.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Or maybe not.


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Volpe, you'll only be able to get 10' into the water, leaving the creatures another 5' away. But, denied any other target (with Finnabar under) the five that are still flying swoop towards you...

creatures' attacks:

1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 7 - 4 = 23
1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 4 = 22
1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 4 = 7
1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 4 = 7
1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 7 - 4 = 15

two of the creatures latch on to Volpe, and jab him with their needle-like proboscises. Take 2 Con Damage

The creature that was in the water awkwardly flaps into the air.

Xerafine
Bein
Finnabar
Jack
Volpe
CREATURES


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Xarafine attempts to jab one of the creatures attacking Volpe with the butt of the Speaking Staff.

"Gettoff, bloodsucker!"

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Female Tiefling Bard 3

FYI going to visit family this weekend. Should have posting access with my phone but may not be able to get on very often regardless. Will be back Tues

Silver Crusade

Male Human Grognard 15/4E 1/Pathfinder 5

20 and 19 on the dice! The damn monsters caught all the dice mojo!


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Bein draws his longsword and readies to counterattack one of the foul winged creatures if they approach him.

MA: draw Longsword
SA: Attack whatever attacks him.

Attack roll if needed 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

Finnabar, free of its attacker, raises out of the water, drawing a javelin.

Focusing on the bat-like monster that has just harmed him, he trows with all his might, trying to pin it againt the wall.

"Be careful, these beast try to suck our blood."

Javelin throw 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19, damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Female Tiefling Bard 3

Jack gasps as two land on Volpe and attempts to assist him.
(((My phone has no bracket keys so:
if it seems feasible, Jack will drop his bow and draw his short sword, moving to hack at one of the creatures attacking Volpe ((((can we have a name for them so we don't have to type "creature" all the time?)))). Flanking if possible.

If that is not feasible, he will just shoot an unengaged thingy.
Hym, please roll for me.)))


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Xerafine takes a 5' step forwards onto the steps and strikes out at one of the creatures but, because of its small size she fails to land a hit. Bein draws his longsword, waiting for one of the "bats" to come within range. As he does so, Finnabar rises from the water, hurling a javelin at the "bat" that has just flapped out of the water. His javelin strikes the creature, slahing straight into its body and bringing the creature down, twitching, into the water where it begins to sink.

Jack steps forward onto the step next to Xerafine, and slashes at a bat with his shortsword.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17, Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The sword nicks the bat's rear wing, causing it to shrink backwards but not release its hold on Volpe.

Volpe, you're up.. then the "bats" have another go!


Male Human Rogue 1 (Swashbuckler)
Hymenopterix wrote:

Xerafine takes a 5' step forwards onto the steps and strikes out at one of the creatures but, because of its small size she fails to land a hit. Bein draws his longsword, waiting for one of the "bats" to come within range. As he does so, Finnabar rises from the water, hurling a javelin at the "bat" that has just flapped out of the water. His javelin strikes the creature, slahing straight into its body and bringing the creature down, twitching, into the water where it begins to sink.

Jack steps forward onto the step next to Xerafine, and slashes at a bat with his shortsword.

Attack: 1d20+2, Damage: 1d6+1

The sword nicks the bat's rear wing, causing it to shrink backwards but not release its hold on Volpe.

Volpe, you're up.. then the "bats" have another go!

Well, isn't this a bloody mess.

Volpe drops his sword, draws a dagger and attempts to pry one of the creatures off himself.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

As Volpe scratches at the bat on his back, failing to dislodge them, the remaining two swoop down at Finnabar.

1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 7 - 4 = 15
1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 7 - 4 = 6

However neither manages to get a purchase. Meanwhile the two attached to Volpe continue to draw blood... (Volpe, take 2 more Con Damage)

Xerafine
Bein
Finnabar
Jack
Volpe
BATS


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Xarafine, once again, tries to dislodge the creature from Volpe with the butt of the Staff.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

I'm not sure I'll be able to post later today, so I'm posting ahead.

Spoiler:
"Ha, now I've got you, don't you just move!"

As the two bat-like creatures miss their attack, Finnabar draws his axe and swings it out of the water, trying to chop both creatures down with a single blow.

Power attack with cleave:
attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20, damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
if the first attack lands,
second attack on the second one 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16, damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce The Staglord:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 28/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Bein maneuvers himself into the water and tries to use his longsword to bring one of the flying cretins low.

MA: move upto 20 ft to engage one
SA: Attack with Longsword 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Xerafine smacks the bat again with the end of her staff. It sqeals as its head is smashed against Volpe's back and drops off into the water, twitching for a moment and flailing in the dark water.

Bein steps forward and swings at the other creature attached to Volpe, but his careful swipe swings wide, missing the creature. Pulling his axe free of the water, Finnabar swings wildly at another bat, his axe slices straight through the creature splitting it in half and lodges into the remaining bat, severing two of its wings and droping it into the water.

Only one to go - attached to Volpe. Jack and Volpe still to act.


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

I'm going to be off the Internet from tonight to Friday night(I may be able to post on Friday) for work reasons.
Then I'll be off from the 14th of July to the 16th of July for the French Bastille day.
So please, roll for me if needed and do not wait for me to further the plot.


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Glad to see the other creatures dispatched by his comrades, Jack takes another determined swing at the final bat still gripping Volpe.

Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

*facepalm* Do we do crit fumbles around here?

1,151 to 1,200 of 3,399 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hymenopterix's Colonies of the Salt Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.