Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Hymenopterix's Colonies of the Salt Coast

Game Master Electric Monk


1 to 50 of 3,379 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Finnabar:

After recieving news that you were selected as an expidition leader of Restov's exploartion of the "Stolen Lands". The small amount of time before the departure of the caravan, which will take you from Vithan to the colony of Restov beyond the Salt Waste, is packed with preperations and goodbyes.

The caravan crosses through a small pass in the Eastern Mountains and descends into the parched Salt Waste. For over a month the caravan treks over the flat, white expanse whithout sight of water or any type of living creature. The only change in the scenery are the great stone monoliths that mark the caravan route.

Eventually the mountains that mark the end of the Salt Waste appear on the horizen, and the caravan weaves its way up to the trade city of Restov: - a lonely outpost of civilization perched atop a sheer cliff.

You are pointed in the direction of a local inn and there you are finally able to rest and wash in preparation for your meeting with the city's govenor.

Arriving at the govenor's mansion, an imposeing classical building which sweeps in an elegant curve surrounding well appointed gardens, you announce yourself to a halfling servant and are ushered into a room comfortably furnished with gilt-framed portraits of Vithan's King and a number of famous military leaders, all resplendant in their light-blue uniforms.

A frazzled-looking secretary asks you to wait, ducking through a large wooden double door and returning moments later. The secretary motions you into an office dominated by a large well-polished desk behind which sits a man with short cropped hair, wearing a smart black coat who you assume is Govenor Kailen Heresham. He motions you to sit in one of the chairs placed nearby, and in a clipped voice says

"d'Orlovsky is it? Well I don't envy you,.. not at all. I'm not sure how much you've been told about your commision already, but i'm not inclined to repeat myself, so if you wouldn't mind I'll wait for the others."

As he finishes speaking the secretary bustles in, approaches, and whispers something into the Govenor's ear. The Govenor glances at you, raises an eyebrow and, says;

Well, send her in then.

The secretary leaves the room and returns moments later with a familier figure wearing the colourful Stola of a priest - your cousin Xerafine.


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Xerafine:

After taking the Teacher's Oath you found out that you were being sent to the city of Restov, Vithan's colony on the far side of the Salt Waste. The small amount of time before the departure of the caravan is packed with preperations and goodbyes.

The caravan crosses through a small pass in the Eastern Mountains and descends into the parched Salt Waste. For over a month the caravan treks over the flat, white expanse whithout sight of water or any type of living creature. The only change in the scenery are the great stone monoliths that mark the caravan route.

Eventually the mountains that mark the end of the Salt Waste appear on the horizen, and the caravan weaves its way up to the trade city of Restov: - a lonely outpost of civilization perched atop a sheer cliff.

You are pointed in the direction of the local Sanctuary where you are assigned sleeping quaters and are introduced to Restov's Learner - the highest church position in the city. For some months you are assigned tasks within the city until, completely unexpectably you are summoned to the Learner's office.

Teacher Xerafine, he says, over the past few months you have proven yourself to be amongst our most devoted teachers. You have learnt your lessons well and are a credit to the priesthood. I now find myself in a difficult position - I have been instructed to assign you to accompany an expedition which will be exploring and mapping the Stolen Lands to our east. Why my superiors have instructed me to do this i do not know, however i would like to assure you that you will have my blessing. Go in peace Teacher Xerafine.

With that he hands you a set of instructions.

Arriving at the govenor's mansion, an imposeing classical building which sweeps in an elegant curve surrounding well appointed gardens, you announce yourself to a halfling servant and are ushered into a room comfortably furnished with gilt-framed portraits of Vithan's King and a number of famous military leaders, all resplendant in their light-blue uniforms.

A frazzled-looking secretary asks you to wait, ducking through a large wooden double door and returning moments later. The secretary motions you into an office dominated by a large well-polished desk behind which sits a man with short cropped hair, wearing a smart black coat who you assume is Govenor Kailen Heresham. The figure that draws your eye however is sitting opposite the govenor - your cousin Finnabar.


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Jack and Volpe:

Setting off from the Eastern lands of Vithan the caravan you are with crosses through a small pass in the Eastern Mountains and descends into the parched Salt Waste. For over a month the caravan treks over the flat, white expanse whithout sight of water or any type of living creature. The only change in the scenery are the great stone monoliths that mark the caravan route.

Eventually the mountains that mark the end of the Salt Waste appear on the horizen, and the caravan weaves its way up to the trade city of Restov: - a lonely outpost of civilization perched atop a sheer cliff.

As you help to unload goods you notice a man in military uniform talking to the caravan leader - Tarsal. The conversation looks heated and you see both men gesticulating wildly. Finally the military man makes what looks like a cutting gesture which seems to end the argument and Tarsal's shoulders slump a little as he motions towards the the guards and workmen unloading the caravan.

The man approaches and, vaulting onto the back of one of the carts begins to speak:

Men, I am here to offer you a rare chance, a chance to serve your country and to carve out a place in history. This city, Restov, has proven that the Eastern lands can be the chance for those with spirit and courage the chance for wealth and fame. Now is the time for our nation to expand our colonies into the area known as The Stolen Lands. We are in need of fighting men and scouts. Are any here brave enough to seize this great opportunity? If so come forward now and make yourselves known.

With that he climbs down from the cart and waits for an answer.


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

Having removed his armor and taken out his best clothes out of his luggage, Finnabar walks purposefully to the Governor's mansion, clad in a neutral colored overcoat over brown leather pants, carrying his axe on his back. The only item denoting his status is a shining silver pendant, displaying the crossed axe, mace and sword symbol of Belam.

Ignoring the startled looks he draws when the halfling servant realises who he is, he limps to the anteroom, where he leaves his weapon with the servant and waits for the governor to send to him, looking round at the splendid house and imagining how he would transform it in an hospital or a more usefull building with minimal changes.

Stopping at the entrant of the Governor's office, his right fist strikes his chest in the classical military salute of the Vithanians.

"Finnabar d'Orlovsky, freshly arrived from Vithan. I was asked to report to you about the exploration expedition in the "Stolen Lands"

Siting himself in the indicated chair, he keeps his emotions in check when the governor hints at the difficulty of his mission.


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

When his cousin enters the room, Finnabar stands up and bows to her.

"Teacher, I am glad my informations were good and you had been chosen to come with us. You have changed since I last saw you but I can assure you it is all in good."

The formality of his speech is ruined by the smile on Finnabar's face and the wink that end his sentence as his sits back in his chair. Despite the time, his way of sitting to alleviate the weight on his injured tight has not changed.


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Bein'Meleth:

After your initiation into the order you made your way north with a caravan. Leaving from the River Kingdom of Pitax and travelling north towards the foreign colony of Restov.

Keeping the mountains to the west the caravan you joined makes good time travelling the Restov Road, passing a lonely trading post on your way but stopping some distance later.

At last the caravan crosses through a mountain pass and finally enters Restov. As the goods are unloaded you notice a man in military uniform talking to one of the caravan leaders. The conversation looks heated and you see both men gesticulating wildly. Finally the military man makes what looks like a cutting gesture which seems to end the argument and the other man's shoulders slump a little as he motions towards the the guards and workmen unloading his caravan.

The man approaches and, vaulting onto the back of one of the carts begins to speak:

Men, I am here to offer you a rare chance, a chance to serve your country and to carve out a place in history. This city, Restov, has proven that the Eastern lands can be the chance for those with spirit and courage the chance for wealth and fame. Now is the time for our nation to expand our colonies into the area known as The Stolen Lands. We are in need of fighting men and scouts. Are any here brave enough to seize this great opportunity? If so come forward now and make yourselves known.

With that he climbs down from the cart and waits for an answer.


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 21/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Bein'Meleth couldn't help but feel the mans words resound within him, as he quickly worked to unload the caravan cart he was assigned, he continued to listen as the man talked of making marks in history. Of glory and wealth which summoned thoughts of how he could pay for Jeanne's dowry or education. Bein'Meleth finished unloading his portion of the cargo a few moments after the man had finished speaking. With a weary sigh he moved to where the man was now standing and quickly gave a low whistle, which signaled Arundel to Heel. Now that his warhorse was approaching swiftly Bein'Meleth looked at the man with a fierce gaze in his light blue eyes.

"If you are in need of a cavalier then I, Bein'Meleth Ramaloce, would be honored to accompany this expedition in its attempt at expansion." After sealing his fate with a firm hand shake between him and this... recruiter, Bein'Meleth got right back to business. "First: Who is our leader? Second: How many are going on this endeavor to conquer new lands? and lastly: What is exactly promised upon success? A man can give vague ideas of rewards along with empty promises, but I want a guarantee that we are not shedding our sweat and blood so someone else can fill their coffers. Something signed by a Lord of high standing shall suffice. If you can provide me with this then my blade is yours." He schooled his features as best he could while he awaited the mans answer, Thank the gods for Destrin advice or else I surly would have 'sold my self cheaply' this day.

As long as the response he receives is satisfactory, he will gladly follow the recruiter to where the expedition is starting to gather.

DM:

Just so you know I did leave where my family was located vague so that if you wanted you could place them where you wanted. I'm assuming somewhere along the border of Pitax's more mountainous territory. But if you have a different idea of where he originally hails from, I would love to hear it and i'll make sure to role-play it accordingly. =D Also i'll update my background to reflect that decision as well. Thanks~ :)


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Bein'Meleth:
Bein'Meleth Rámalóce wrote:
if you have a different idea of where he originally hails from, I would love to hear it and i'll make sure to role-play it accordingly.

How about from the mountains which separate the river kingdoms from the Salt Coast rather than from the kingdoms themsleves (that's kind of what i was getting from your background anyway. - what are your thoughts?

Jack and Volpe:

You see a large man approach the speaker and... see Bein'Meleth's post above.


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 21/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5
Hymenopterix wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

DM:

Sounds good to me! =)


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7
Finnabar d'Orlovsky wrote:

When his cousin enters the room, Finnabar stands up and bows to her.

"Teacher, I am glad my informations were good and you had been chosen to come with us. You have changed since I last saw you but I can assure you it is all in good."

The formality of his speech is ruined by the smile on Finnabar's face and the wink that end his sentence as his sits back in his chair. Despite the time, his way of sitting to alleviate the weight on his injured tight has not changed.

Xarafine's expression changes quickly from shock to joy to consternation to a serene, controlled expression at the sight of her cousin. She returns his greeting with a nod of her head and her free hand raised momentarily, as if to administer a (very quick) blessing. As memories of her childhood, so long buried under the rigors of the Academy, rush to the surface of her mind, she takes a deep breath and grips the Speaker's Staff firmly. She speaks warmly, but formally to him.

"Sir Finnabar. The blessings of the Nine be on you. I was not aware that you were a part of this expedition. It seems your path has taken you many places since last we met. You look well."

Realizing suddenly that she has failed to introduce herself to the governor, Xarafine turns to face him. Again, she speaks formally.

"The blessings of the Nine be on you, Governor Kailen. I am Teacher Xarafine. It is my understanding that I am to accompany a special expedition you are arranging."


Male Human Rogue 1 (Swashbuckler)
Hymenopterix wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

The man approaches and, vaulting onto the back of one of the carts begins to speak:

Men, I am here to offer you a rare chance, a chance to serve your country and to carve out a place in history. This city, Restov, has proven that the Eastern lands can be the chance for those with spirit and courage the chance for wealth and fame. Now is the time for our nation to expand our colonies into the area known as The Stolen Lands. We are in need of fighting men and scouts. Are any here brave enough to seize this great opportunity? If so come forward now and make yourselves known.

With that he climbs down from the cart and waits for an answer.

Volpe steps forward, and with a flourish, bows and covers his breast with his oversize hat.

Volpone Lorenzo Esteban Coltello Fabiola at your service. My name is that of a man without a country, without a life. I have come to this land in the hopes of starting over, and perhaps make a new name for myself. To me, your offer sounds like providence from the Gods themselves. I submit myself and my blade to you and your people.

He turns to Jack and whispers,
I just hope I have time to visit a bath, barber and laundress before this next excursion. Do you think they have public baths in Restov?"


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests
Volpe Coltello wrote:

He turns to Jack and whispers,

I just hope I have time to visit a bath, barber and laundress before this next excursion. Do you think they have public baths in Restov?"

Jack had only just gotten to know Volpe but he appreciated the man's enthusiasm and energy. He shrugged to his inquiry, "Probably."

He stepped up alongside Volpe, bow in hand to show his readiness, and added to his comrades' glorious speeches an anticlimactic, "I'll come too."


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

BEIN'MELETH, JACK and VOLPE

Bein'Meleth Rámalóce wrote:


"If you are in need of a cavalier then I, Bein'Meleth Ramaloce, would be honored to accompany this expedition in its attempt at expansion. First: Who is our leader? Second: How many are going on this endeavor to conquer new lands? and lastly: What is exactly promised upon success? A man can give vague ideas of rewards along with empty promises, but I want a guarantee that we are not shedding our sweat and blood so someone else can fill their coffers. Something signed by a Lord of high standing shall suffice. If you can provide me with this then my blade is yours."

"Ahh,.. An Illisarnian it? the man replies recognising your accent, his eyes narrowing slightly "or are you from the Kingdoms? It matters not, we are in need of good men. In answer to your questions: The leader of the expidition is a scion of the house Orlovsky, if you choose to join the expedition you will meet with him soon enough. The final number of men has not yet been decided, i'm told that a priest has been assigned to gather information for the church and it seems that these two he motions towards Jack and Volpe, will be joining as well. As to what can be promised - it depends on your success. By putting down the bandit activity in the area a reward of four-hundred soverigns has been offered and the area is romoured to be littered with ruins that hold treasures, - even magical artifcats which would fetch much in the markets of Vithan. If you decide to join the expedition I suggest that you, (here he indicates Jack and Volpe as well) make your way to the Southern Gate by 5.00 this afternoon to meet with this Orlovsky and prepare for your journey.


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

XERAFINE and FINNABAR

Xarafine wrote:


"Sir Finnabar. The blessings of the Nine be on you. I was not aware that you were a part of this expedition. It seems your path has taken you many places since last we met. You look well."

Realizing suddenly that she has failed to introduce herself to the governor, Xarafine turns to face him. Again, she speaks formally.

"The blessings of the Nine be on you, Governor Kailen. I am Teacher Xarafine. It is my understanding that I am to accompany a special expedition you are arranging."

The govenor stands as you enter, bowing slightly. As you and Finnabar exchange words he galnces between the two of you. "It is always a pleasure to meet a teacher my lady he says, but it seems that you two are already aquainted, and yes i do see a family resemblance perhaps? He motions for you to take a seat.

After you are both seated the govenor pulls out a sheet of paper which he pushes towards Finnabar. "This is a charter granting you, on behalf of the crown and the people of Vithan, the right to explore that part of the Stolen Lands known as the Greenbelt. It has been decided that the time has come for Vithan to expand its interestes on this side of the Salt Waste and to put an end to the bandit activity which has been plaguing our trade routes with the River Kingdoms.

Your remit is to explore the region, to gather information about any natives, animals or plants you encounter, to put an and to the bandit problem and, if successfull in these endevours, to aid in the establishment of a settlement. - No small task.

Now, I suggest you make your way to the Southern Gate by 5.00 this afternoon where you will meet the small number of fighting men I have organised to be gathered as gurads and companions. I can not, unfortunately afford to provide you with soldiers. Unless you have any questions?

The charter as written reads:

Be it so known that the bearer of this charter has been charged
by the Govenor and Swordlords of Restov, acting upon the greater good
and authority vested within them by the office of the Regent of the
Dragonscale Throne, has granted the right of exploration and travel
within the wilderness region known as the Greenbelt. Exploration
should be limited to an area no further than thirty-six miles east and
west and sixty miles south of Oleg’s Trading Post. The carrier of
this charter should also strive against banditry and other unlawful
behavior to be encountered. The punishment for unrepentant banditry
remains, as always, execution by sword or rope. So witnessed on this
24th day of Calistril, under watchful eye of the Lordship of Restov
and authority granted by Sir Kailen Heresham, Govenor of Restov.


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 21/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

"At one time we were Illisarn but we no longer bare ties to them." With a shrug of his shoulders he continues. "House Orlovsky eh? Well at least it is a name i'm familiar with and that will suit my request just fine. Although the bandit activity you speak of concerns me, and though the reward is very handsome, I hope we are given more information on the numbers we are facing... No matter, I am your man and will help to quell these lawless brigands before they cause lasting harm. Lead on good sir and I shall follow."


Male Human Rogue 1 (Swashbuckler)
Hymenopterix wrote:
I suggest that you make your way to the Southern Gate by 5.00 this afternoon to meet with this Orlovsky and prepare for your journey.

Five Bells! Well, here today, gone today! 400 sovereigns plus salvage rights is a fine wage indeed! At least I'll have some time to make myself presentable to my new employer.

Volpe goes off to find what he can for a barber, bath and laundry before meeting up at the Southern Gate.


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

"...unrepentant banditry..." Xarafine speaks the words aloud as her eyes follow the text.

DM:

Spoiler:
Xarafine will attempt to recall any pertinent information regarding Restov's legal system. Specifically, if clergy are required in any way to be involved in trial or execution.

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

*Bardic Knowledge (nobility): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

*Bardic Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10
Xarafine wrote:

"...unrepentant banditry..." Xarafine speaks the words aloud as her eyes follow the text.

DM:** spoiler omitted **

Xerafine:
The Clergy would not be expected to act as judges or executioners - these positions would be held by secular authoroties. Priests would, however be expected to offer condemed criminals the chance to repent and to make their peace with the gods.

This charter gives the party the right (and duty) to convict and execute "unrepentant bandits" in the absence of other authoroties.


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 21/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

oops guess I missed something >.<;

"The south gate by five bells eh? Plenty of time to get ready. Come Arundel we must get ready." Bein will go find a nearby inn and after grooming and paying for feed for Arundel, he will go and get himself cleaned up as well. After leaving a suitable tip for quick service he will take his time arriving at the southern gate.

He will try to arrive early freshly washed and free of the clinging dust from the travels with the caravan. Clad in full battle gear, bearing his grandfathers heraldry along with the Order of the Sword's symbol proudly on both Arundel's Parade Armor and the top of his lance. He will be sitting astride his destrier as he awaits the expedition leaders arrival.

During the wait he will be chatty and polite with the other members of the expedition as he tries to figure out the various skills of the group.


Male Human Rogue 1 (Swashbuckler)

Volpe feels much better of himself after getting a chance to freshen up. His black velvet wide-brimmed hat has been brushed. His goatee and moustache have ben trimmed and waxed stiff. His studded leather fencer's jacket and gloves have been oiled, and the studs and buckles polished. The cuffs of his high boots have been turned down at the knee, creating a flare somewhat larger than fashion dictates. If it weren't for the signs of much use and repair on all of these accoutrements, he'd be almost as handsome as he thinks he is.

He arrives at the Southern Gate walking with just a bit of a strut, a carefully measured gesture meant to show some confidence, but not too much arrogance.

Ah, Hello Sir... Rámalóce?, was it? It is good to see you again. It was very fortunate for us to have arrived when we did. Such a short window of opportunity, but it looks to be a lucrative one. I must admit, though, I would have preferred a little more time to unwind before embarking on new business. Although, it appears you have availed yourself quite well of the few hours granted to us.


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 21/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Clad in masterfully made banded mail, with a beautifully made buckler strapped to his right arm and sitting with his lance thrust into the air. With a Greatsword strapped to his back and a longsword on his hip, Bein tries to look as casual as he can even though he looks like a Knight in a parade. His horse wears a set of parade armor, bearing heraldry of an armored Phoenix wielding a longsword and shield in its talons. In critical areas chain-mail can be seen escaping around the Heraldic covering's.

With a broad smile he looks down at Volpe as if the man had said something humorous just then. "My grandfather was a sir my fine friend, but you honor me with your words. Since we shall be riding together let us dispense with titles and stick with field speech shall we? You can call me Bein'Meleth or simply Bein if you wish." He chuckles light heartedly before continuing. "To answer your question I rode with the border wardens between where my family's estate resides and the village's we trade with, many times without warning we had to be fit and ready for a hard ride because of bandits or worse. Now that i'm part of the local Order my previous training comes in handy, I have never been able to really unwind since soldiery has been my calling in life and it also helps when you offer a fairly large tip for quick service at an Inn." He gives a low laugh as he pats Arundel's powerful neck with a mailed hand.

"But where are my manners! I given you my name and because of my yammering I haven't had the pleasure of hearing your's my friend."

didn't know if we were introduced yet =)


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

If no-one has any questions... if you do feel free to ask and we'll just drop a little out of sequence. :)

Feel free to chat, introduce and describe your apprearance to each other until everyone arrives which is when the officer approaches.[/ooc]

The southern gate is a small, weakly built structure compared to those that would be found in the Western lands. As you gather, a number of carts are creaking through, carrying goods from the south: bales of cotton, animal furs, aromatic spices and casks of wine on the trays of large carts pulled by piebald horses. The cobbled square behind the gate is a bustle of activity as hawkers pack up their wears for the night and steet children crowd around the incomming caravan shouting out questions about the River Kingdoms.

Standing by the gate, making notes on a wooden clipboard stands a military officer and two soldiers, dressed in the light-blue coats of the Vithanian army beneath polished breast-plates and wearing wicked-looking sabres on their backs. As the caravan carts pull up the officer (who you can tell is a Lieutenant from the red trim on his jacket) directs his men to inspect the goods, searching for contraband and assessing the amount of tax to be paid.

Feel free to chat, introduce and describe your apprearance to each other until everyone arrives which is when the following happens.

The officer glances around and notices you standing there. Passing the clipboard to one of his men he approaches.

You there! he shouts what business do you have here at this time of day. We're about to close the gate and this damned caravan had to arrive late of course. Well, out with it, what is your business?


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 21/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

As the guardsmen approaches Bein tries to give him a friendly wave. In respectful tones he tries to explain "My good Sergeant, my name is Bein'Meleth Rámalóce Initiate of the Order of the Sword, and my companions and I are awaiting our expedition leader before we set off on our mission to halt the banditry and expand into The Stolen Lands. We await Lord d'Orlovsky our expedition leader, pray forgive our loitering."

Diplomacy1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5
Hymenopterix wrote:

XERAFINE and FINNABAR

After you are both seated the govenor pulls out a sheet of paper which he pushes towards Finnabar. "This is a charter granting you, on behalf of the crown and the people of Vithan, the right to explore that part of the Stolen Lands known as the Greenbelt. It has been decided that the time has come for Vithan to expand its interestes on this side of the Salt Waste and to put an end to the bandit activity which has been plaguing our trade routes with the River Kingdoms.

Your remit is to explore the region, to gather information about any natives, animals or plants you encounter, to put an and to the bandit problem and, if successfull in these endevours, to aid in the establishment of a settlement. - No small task.

Now, I suggest you make your way to the Southern Gate by 5.00 this afternoon where you will meet the small number of fighting men I have organised to be gathered as gurads and companions. I can not, unfortunately afford to provide you with soldiers. Unless you have any questions?

"Thank you Governor, this is mostly clear. However, I still have a few questions.

First what is Oleg's trading post? What can we expect there in terms of supplies or other ?
Second, is there a time frame for the mission, how often do you expect reports and through which route should we sent them?
Third, what informations have you already gathered about this region and in particular about the bandit activity there, their numbers or organization, for example.
Fourth, how many men did you recruit to help with this expedition? and do you I have your leave to add some more, native or not, if I find suitable talents.
In the end, what pay or rewards is offered to the men you have recruited for this expedition ?

I suppose you want us to start as soon as possible. So we will meet the other members of the expedition tonight. Take tomorrow to prepare equipment and start at dawn the day after tomorrow.

Oh, and one last thing. Have you allocated funding for the base material of this expedition or can we draw on the garrison stocks?

"


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Jack waved good bye to Volpe as he beelined for the baths and he made sure the caravan was settled and unpacked. He'd been thinking awhile of leaving, having heard of these expeditions started, and was going to grab opportunity by the horns while it presented itself. He spoke brief but heartfelt farewells to his adoptive mother, giving her the little braid of his own hair for remembrance. He know he ought to see the merchant clan elders as well but looked forward already to never seeing their sour faces again, so simply cleaned himself up, made sure his own belongings were in order, stopped at a tavern for a quick drink, and then went to the gate at five. He quietly approached, silently coming alongside Volpe, listening intently to the discussions going on.


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Xarafine, sits quietly, observing her cousin discussing matters with the governor. She tries to recall anything she can remember from her studies about the Greenbelt, and this place called Oleg's Trading Post.

Bardic Knowledge (Geography): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


Male Human Rogue 1 (Swashbuckler)
Bein'Meleth Rámalóce wrote:


"But where are my manners! I given you my name and because of my yammering I haven't had the pleasure of hearing your's my friend."

A pleasure to make your acquaintance, then, Bein'Meleth. Volpe tips his hat with his left hand, while offering a handshake with his right. I am... Well, who I was is not important. I am here now to make a name for myself, so please call me Volpe Coltello. Volpe notices Jack approach, looking pretty much like when he left. Ah, Jack, hello! I was just chatting with out new comrade, Bein'Meleth!


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

"Bein'Meleth," Jack nods, repeating his name to remember it. He offers his hand in turn. "Jack Ciarathan. Have you been in Restov long?"


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 21/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

After shaking Volpe and Jacks hand with his free hand. Bein'Meleth nods respectfully at Jack. "No not very long, I just came in with the caravan's when that recruiter started speaking of glory and riches. But to me riches can wait until those bandits are brought to heel..." As Bein speaks he unconsciously seems to be checking his gear, then realizing with a start at what he was doing he stops and rests his hand on the pommel of his saddle. "I hope they provide us with as accurate information about these bandits as possible. I'd hate to ride into an ambush on the first week of our expedition."


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests
Bein'Meleth Rámalóce wrote:
After shaking Volpe and Jacks hand with his free hand. Bein'Meleth nods respectfully at Jack. "No not very long, I just came in with the caravan's when that recruiter started speaking of glory and riches. But to me riches can wait until those bandits are brought to heel..." As Bein speaks he unconsciously seems to be checking his gear, then realizing with a start at what he was doing he stops and rests his hand on the pommel of his saddle. "I hope they provide us with as accurate information about these bandits as possible. I'd hate to ride into an ambush on the first week of our expedition."

Jack nods. "I've spent my life dealing with highwaymen. If we're taken by surprise, it means I've failed you. I'll do all I can not to let that happen."


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

Finnabar wrote:


First what is Oleg's trading post? What can we expect there in terms of supplies or other ?

Second, is there a time frame for the mission, how often do you expect reports and through which route should we sent them?

Third, what informations have you already gathered about this region and in particular about the bandit activity there, their numbers or organization, for example.

Fourth, how many men did you recruit to help with this expedition? and do you I have your leave to add some more, native or not, if I find suitable talents.

In the end, what pay or rewards is offered to the men you have recruited for this expedition ?

I suppose you want us to start as soon as possible. So we will meet the other members of the expedition tonight. Take tomorrow to prepare equipment and start at dawn the day after tomorrow.

Oh, and one last... Have you allocated funding for the base material of this expedition or can we draw on the garrison stocks?

Very well, the man replies in short, clipped tones. The trading post lies a full week's journey to our south, on the road towards The Kingdoms. We have recently given a charter to the man Oleg to rebuild an old fort as a trading stop for caravans coming from Pitax.

As to the timeframe, I haven't been advised that there is a specific date by which your exploration should be complete, however I do expect you to report on your progress as often as possible. Reports can be left with Oleg at the trading post, and will be communicated to me via courier. Should your progress be too slow I will inofrm you via Oleg.

The Illisarnians have, in the past, attempted to settle the region, and you should expect to find some ruins from their attempted colonisation, I have also heard roumers of older ruins, which you should gather information about should you come across them.

We know little of the bandit threat, their numbers or their organisation. We do, however, suspest that there is some organisation and possibly some independant bandits opperating in smaller groups as well. There are trappers opperating in the region and they might have more information. Oleg might have some additional knowledge of this.

I believe that three armed men have been recruited, you may gather more as you see fit, however any payment will have to be born by you as leader of the expedition. I can supply pack mules should you wish but the city is currently increasing the size of our cavalry forces to help control the road itself, so horses are in short supply. These and other equipment will be supplied for you by Lieutenant Garders at the South Gate.

As to renumeration, it depends on your success. By putting down the bandit activity in the area a reward of four-hundred soverigns has been offered in addition to salvage rights and the area is romoured to be littered with ruins that hold treasures which you may sell, as required to finance your exploration.

I will leave decisions about when you set off up to you, however, as you say it would be best if you begin as soon as possible.

Now, If there's nothing else?


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

Finnabar nods to the governor: "No, no more questions, thank you governor."

Turning to his cousin: "Teacher, would you like to add anything?"


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10
Xarafine wrote:

Xarafine, sits quietly, observing her cousin discussing matters with the governor. She tries to recall anything she can remember from her studies about the Greenbelt, and this place called Oleg's Trading Post.

Bardic Knowledge (Geography): 1d20+3

Xerafine:

the Stolen Lands belong to no one, and are stolen from no one. Many have tried to claim them, but the abandoned ruins that dot the swath of wilderness stand as testaments to the difficulty of ruling these savage lands. They have remained wild with a fierce tenacity, a haven for monsters and criminals and dangerous secrets, and as such have posed a menace to their neighboring colonies as long as anyone can remember.
The area is also said to be the domain of fey creatures however most in the civilized west would consider these stories to be the wild exaggerations of uneducated colonists

With the tangled woodlands of the Narlmarches to the south and the rugged hills of the Kamelands to the north, the Greenbelt is a haven for bandits. It is known that the region has many rivers and at least one large lake. It has not, however, been accurately mapped - that's your job.


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10
Bein'Meleth Rámalóce wrote:

As the guardsmen approaches Bein tries to give him a friendly wave. In respectful tones he tries to explain "My good Sergeant, my name is Bein'Meleth Rámalóce Initiate of the Order of the Sword, and my companions and I are awaiting our expedition leader before we set off on our mission to halt the banditry and expand into The Stolen Lands. We await Lord d'Orlovsky our expedition leader, pray forgive our loitering."

Diplomacy1d20 + 6

The Lietenant doesn't approach until everyone's arrived so i'll ignore this post for the moment. :)


Male Human Rogue 1 (Swashbuckler)
Jack Ciarathan wrote:


Jack nods. "I've spent my life dealing with highwaymen. If we're taken by surprise, it means I've failed you. I'll do all I can not to let that happen."

Well then, Jack, with your senses, Bein's strength and my skill, how can we possibly fail!? Why, if our captain and his chaplain prove to be men of any worth at all, this little endeavour will be as simple as child's play.

But, gentlemen, if I may ask, neither of you seem the type to take this type of work for purely mercenary reasons, what prompted you to accept the Sergeant's proposal this afternoon?


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

"I believe we've taken enough of your time, Governor. We have but a short time to make our final preparations. My thanks for the gift of your time. The Blessings of the Nine go with you this day."

Xarafine turns to leave, makes brief eye contact with Finnabar, then turns back to face the Governor.

"I'm sure that Sir Finnabar will make regular reports, Governor. It would be unthinkable of him to simply take his leave without maintaining correspondence."

Turning again towards the door, Xarafine addresses her cousin, without looking directly towards him.

"I must prepare my luggage for the journey. I will be expected to bring a Shrine and other ritual items on our journey. By your leave, I will meet you at the gate at five, Captain Finnabar."

Without waiting for his response, Xarafine glides smoothly from the room.

******

Upon leaving the Governor's Mansion, Xarafine heads back to the Sanctuary and begins preparing a mule with a pack saddle and the necessary equipment and ritual items. Once prepared, she makes a formal farewell to the Learner, and heads on to the gate.


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests
Volpe Coltello wrote:


Well then, Jack, with your senses, Bein's strength and my skill, how can we possibly fail!? Why, if our captain and his chaplain prove to be men of any worth at all, this little endeavour will be as simple as child's play.
But, gentlemen, if I may ask, neither of you seem the type to take this type of work for purely mercenary reasons, what prompted you to accept the Sergeant's proposal this afternoon?

Jack smiled at the optimistic statement, and shrugged. "If you're asking me..." he paused, not sure how much of himself he wanted to share at the moment, "I've come of age, and I think... I'd like to use my abilities to help carve out a new piece of land, rather than retread the same trade route my whole life."


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

Finnabar takes his leave from the governor, saluting again before retiring. Once back to his inn, he settles for a little time, before setting at the table to start writing down in his log book his list of actions before leaving. It reads:

  • Check personal equipment of the men to determine what we need to be requested from the barracks.
  • Take time to interrogate the guards about banditry activity and rumors.
  • Needs for the expedition: one or two mules, pack rations, ropes, shovels and other tools, tents, cooking gear, map making kit. To be discussed with the other members.
  • Mission objectives: Explore the defined land portion around Oleg's Trading post. Report natural resources, animals, plants, threats to prepare establishment of a colony. Gather intelligence about outlaws and eliminate threat if possible.
  • ....

more later on, Finnabar will be heading to the city gates


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 21/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5
Volpe Coltello wrote:

Well then, Jack, with your senses, Bein's strength and my skill, how can we possibly fail!? Why, if our captain and his chaplain prove to be men of any worth at all, this little endeavour will be as simple as child's play.

But, gentlemen, if I may ask, neither of you seem the type to take this type of work for purely mercenary reasons, what prompted you to accept the Sergeant's proposal this afternoon?

Waiting politely for Jack to finish Bein sits quietly for a moment struggling over what he should say. With a sigh he shakes his head for a moment, which causes Arundel to wicker at his odd behavior, as he clears his thoughts. "Since we are to ride together I will be honest. I am the 5th son of my family and, because of that fact, I have no inheritance to speak of. I have always been forced to make my own way in this life, I have also been trying to emulate my grandfather because he is a great man and one of the main reasons I am here today." After a moment's pause as he collects himself. "Besides that I have other's who, unknowingly, depend on my success on this new frontier and I must prove my worth to the Order of the Sword and my patron Andrin Vraath."


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

Just before 5, Finnabar, fully armored and armed makes his was to the gate. As he arrive, those already here see a tall and strongly built middle-aged man walk with a strong limp towards the gate. Under his brown colored coat, he wears a used but well crafted scale mail armor over common clothes and carries a simple but well balanced battleaxe. When he comes close enough, you see that he wears a silver pendant displaying a crossed axe, mace and sword, the symbol of Belan, god of Battles. The same symbol is engraved in the axe blade.

Stopping by the gate, he looks round and announces with a clear and well trained voice:"I am Finnabar d'Orlovsky. I am looking for three men recruited by the Swordlords of Restov that are supposed to meet me here."

He then settles and waits for people to move forward. His piercing gaze rests for a long time on anyone that seems to listen to him. Uses detect evil on them


M Half-elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 3/Rogue 1 HP: 21/25 | Init: +5/7 in forests | Perc: +11/13 in forests | AC: 17 | Touch: 13 | FF: 13 | CMD 16 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will: +3
Spoiler:
Ac+7|DD+7|HanAm+4|Hl+7|K(G)+8|K(N)+8|Ri+6|SenM+8|Stlth+14/16 in forests|Sur+12/14 in forests

Jack sized up Finnabar in his own way, taking in the holy symbol and fine armor, and nodded slightly. "That's us." He waited for one of the other two, far more gentleman than he was, to do any more proper introductions.


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Moments after Finnabar's arrival, a Teacher enters the square, inexpertly leading a fully-loaded pack mule.

She is young, with brownish-blonde hair, pale skin, and a petite build. She wears light grey robes and the multi-colored vest, or stola, of a priest. She carries a staff, ornately carved from a single piece of ivory.

Upon seeing Finnabar, she walks over to him and stops to his right and just behind him. She slowly scans the assembled crowd with a look of expectation.


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5

"Ah, Xarafine", says Finnibar with a large smile, "Sorry for the formal talk with the governor. I'm happy the church chose you for this expedition. It brings back good memories. By the way, I've heard of you disagreement with uncle Alistair and I am glad you chose your own way. I'm sure you"ll do wonderfully well."


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5
Jack Ciarathan wrote:
Jack sized up Finnabar in his own way, taking in the holy symbol and fine armor, and nodded slightly. "That's us." He waited for one of the other two, far more gentleman than he was, to do any more proper introductions.

"Come forward, then, we'll find a better place to introduce ourselves and discuss our mission."


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

REPOST FROM ABOVE

The southern gate is a small, weakly built structure compared to those that would be found in the Western lands. As you gather, a number of carts are creaking through, carrying goods from the south: bales of cotton, animal furs, aromatic spices and casks of wine on the trays of large carts pulled by piebald horses. The cobbled square behind the gate is a bustle of activity as hawkers pack up their wears for the night and steet children crowd around the incomming caravan shouting out questions about the River Kingdoms.

Standing by the gate, making notes on a wooden clipboard stands a military officer and two soldiers, dressed in the light-blue coats of the Vithanian army beneath polished breast-plates and wearing wicked-looking sabres on their backs. As the caravan carts pull up the officer (who you can tell is a Lieutenant from the red trim on his jacket) directs his men to inspect the goods, searching for contraband and assessing the amount of tax to be paid.

The officer glances around and notices you standing there. Passing the clipboard to one of his men he approaches.

You there! he shouts what business do you have here at this time of day. We're about to close the gate and this damned caravan had to arrive late of course. Well, out with it, what is your business?


Male Human Paladin 2/Oracle of Battle 2 HP: 27/34 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | AC: 16 | Touch: 10 | FF: 16 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10
Skills:
Climb +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (eng) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5
Hymenopterix wrote:

REPOST FROM ABOVE

You there! he shouts what business do you have here at this time of day. We're about to close the gate and this damned caravan had to arrive late of course. Well, out with it, what is your business?

"Calm down, lieutenant. I am Finnabor d'Orlovsky and this is teacher Xarafine. We have been charged of a mission by the governor. He had also recruited these men and set up the meeting point here."

Finnabar takes out his signet ring and shows it to the officer.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Female Bard 2 / Monk 2 ; HP: 26/26 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | AC: 18 | Touch: 16 | FF: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9
Skills:
Acro: +9 ;Dipl: +10 ;Heal: +8 (+10) ;Intim: +9 ;Know (relig): +9 ;Perf (ora): +8 ;Perf (sing): +9 ;Ride: +6 ;Sen Motv: +10 ;Spcrft: +8 ; UMD: +7

Xarafine fixes the lieutenant with a flat-eyed stare.

"Dedication to your duty is all very well, guardsman, but does simple courtesy really make your job that much more difficult?"


General Bein'Meleth Rámalóce:
Kingdom Stat+3 Stability
HP: 21/30 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 21| Touch: 12 | FF: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +2 | Will: +2
Skills:
Climb +3, Craft (weapons) +5, Diplo +9, HA +9 (+11 to train), Intim +6, K (nobility) +5, K (religion) +5, Per +3 (+5 SH), P (soldier) +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +3 (+5 when oppose bluff) Swim +5

Giving the sergeant a friendly wave Bein'Meleth comes up alongside Finnabar and Xarafine, whilst still astride Arundel. "Please forgive our loitering Sergeant, I understand the perils that your duties press upon you."

diplomacy assist 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Just noticing Xarafines clothing he bows his head deeply in respect. "Priestess, my apologies for not showing my respect sooner, once we are in a less volatile place I will introduce myself properly, for now you may call my Bein'Meleth or Bein if you wish my lady."

Knowledge Nobility (to recognize Finnabar d'Orlovsky family) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

I definitely am just a country noble and know nothing about proper nobles, lmao


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10

My appologies sir, and to you also Teacher.[b] the Lieutenant casually salutes. [b]I was told to expect you. If you would like to follow me?..

With that the Lieutenant leads you to a stone office with windows that overlook the gate and the cobbled square. Taking a seat behind the cluttered desk which dominates the room, he shuffles through some papers and finally produces one.

Ahh yes, d'Orlovsky, I've been instructed to provide you with a certain amount of equipment. If you have require any additional supplies you may requesition them here, subject to the quatermaster's approval. I will of course need your signiture on a receipt indicating that this material has been transfered to you.

He passes a document over the desk. On it is marked the following eqipment:

2 pack mules with tack
Trail rations for 4 weeks of travel
5 Blankets, 5 bedrolls, and 3 two-person tents
Flint and tinder
Manacles (x1) – standard quality
50' Hemp rope.
An iron pot
A bucket
A sextant, astrolabe and map-making tools including 3 oiled scroll cases, paper, ink inkpen
(note: the astrolabe in particular is very expensive – you will be held to account should this be lost. See the Adventurers Armoury for details of these items)

You may requestion additional equipment here within limits:

No Horses or other mounts
No Weapons
No Armour
Nothing over 50gp (unless specifically OK'd)

If you have already purchased some of this equipment with your starting gold you may re-allocate that amount of cash to other equipment.


HP: 5/5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 | AC: 12 | Touch: 11 | FF: 11 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2
Skills:
Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10Knowledge (stuff) +10; Knowledge (other stuff) +10
Bein'Meleth wrote:
Knowledge Nobility (to recognize Finnabar d'Orlovsky family) 1d20 + 4

You know that they're a noble family from Prales - that's about all.

1 to 50 of 3,379 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hymenopterix's Colonies of the Salt Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.