Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Hungry Voodoo's Mines of Zolurket (Inactive)

Game Master voodoo chili

In 4121 AR, the desert dwarves of the Barrier Wall Mountains sealed the famed Tar-Urkatha mine abruptly, saying only that one of the richest platinum mines in history had played out. Nearly six centuries later, the truth rises from the darkness.


251 to 300 of 4,080 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Round 3:

Seeing Cortos stricken by the blow, Chitleen sets his jaw and redoubles his efforts to end the beast...

Longsword: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 1 + 2 = 21 for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

...his delicate sword raking heavily across the creature's back.


Round 3

Shirish moves to B6 and spends her standard action taking a total defensive action for AC 23.

"Stay," she says to Jerrand. "I would know if there are more of these ahead."

Shirish Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 Shirish sees the darkness.


Dwarf Barbarian 2

Cortos has just the time to yell Blasted things! before dropping to the ground unconscious.
Down to -4, could really use some rest now.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

The rage-warrior falls and Daeron fires over his prone body at the remaining ghoul.

ranged attack right zombie: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 - 4 = 16
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


The zombie lurches toward the fallen dwarf, but collapses under Chitleen's and Daeron's attacks. The tongue flails for a moment reaching toward Cortos before it stills as well.

Shirish looks into the next chamber which appears to be the main shrine. A number of small rooms open off the main chamber which is dominated by a large obsidian statue of a lion in repose ...and darkness.

Attack the Darkness!

Grand Lodge

Jerrand rushes to the fallen dwarf. "Ey now. Dis be no times fir a nap. Up wit ye."

Laying a hand on the dwarf as he checks the wounds, the glowing warmth of divine healing fills Cortos. Watching the dwarf's eyes open Jerrand comments once more. "Dare dat's better."

Convert endure elements to cure light. 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

As Jerrand tends to Cortos, Chitleen steals forwards and eyes the rest of the room - looking for any further dangers...or treasures...

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26


The room is empty besides the curious obsidian statue that glimmers with the distant lights of the cosmos. With the illumination provided by Daeron’s spell you can see that the statue’s alcove is centered in a triptych of painted images in an Ancient Osiriani style. The first panel shows a high priest speaking with winged beings that hover in the night sky as a star falls in the background. The panel surrounding the statue shows fiery dwarves forging weapons. Finally, another night scene with a great black lion rising from a crater.

Chitleen's careful inspection reveals that the burning dwarves are gilded in gold foil and several of the stars in the fresco are made from semi-precious jewels.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Knowing that light could reveal the recon team's position, Daeron dismisses the dancing light ahead and reforms it so it lights up the path behind him like a trail.

He glimpses at the triptych, before it goes dark.

GM:
Appraising Triptych?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Daeron:
Hard to say. You'd have to weight out the gold and get a better look at the stones.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Glancing around to ensure that he is safe for the moment, Chitleen moves to the fresco and gauges the worth of the stones and whether they may be easily removed...

Appraise: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Chitleen- see my message to Daeron above for the value. It will take some effort and damage the frescoes to remove the gold and stones.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Gotcha - will leave the wholesale desecration until we're comfortable that we're no longer alone...

Glancing back to his companions, Chitleen awaits them being ready to press on...


"Am I to assume that I will be going first, then?" Shirish inquires. "I must caution you sirs that I am fully well, and that if we meet more of these creatures within we may have a more difficult time dispatching them."


Dwarf Barbarian 2

Hang on, Shirish says Cortos, after getting up. I'm hurt, yer hurt, so unless our mates here want to get punched in the face by those tongued f!$*ers, it's better if we rest for a while. He then speaks to Jerrand. Thanks 'bout that, cousin. Thought I was gonna end that way for a second...


looks like Shirish down 7 and Cortos down 12? might be time for some quick healing before the next room.


"None of the rooms we have seen thus far have been defensible in the least," Shirish answers Cortos. "We will rest if we find one," she concludes grimly.


Dwarf Barbarian 2

Fair 'nuff. Let's go then. Cortos enters the next room, looking for signs of danger.
Perception 1d20 ⇒ 18

Grand Lodge

As everyone gatehrs themselves and readies to explore the next room a burst of divine energy erupts from Jerrand.

1d6 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1

And a second... darn dice bot

1d6 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1 you have to be kidding, oh well +2 hp to everyone hurt for now

... in quick secession. "Gorum be none to pleased wit me an me fightin' dis day." the dwarf says forlorn his head down as he mumbles a pray of apology to his battle hunger god.

He takes his place warhammer in hand.


Ouch. Dicebot is angry. Blood and souls to appease Dicebot!

Receiving little succor from Gorum, the adventurers push on entering the main shrine room. Three small cells open on each side of the room, but the most notable feature is the large obsidian statue of a lion in repose.

perception DC 20:
You notice that the statue is actually a large sarcophagus and the cover has been removed. The darkness silently gathers behind the sarcophagus, ready to pounce...

sounds like Cortos has joined Shirish and Chitleen out front this time.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

Holding up a hand to caution the rest, Chitleen holds his eyes on the gathering darkness behind the sarcophagus. One hand goes to his satchel to retrieve another acidizing concoction...


Shirish Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

"What do you see?" Shirish whispers to the lithe man of the many flasks when he raises his hand.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Heh - waiting for more information from the hungry skull.
The spoiler literally states darkness silently gathers, ready to pounce...


That's a cue for the surprise round ; ) I need Daeron and Jerrand's spot checks.

Initiative rolls:

Chitleen 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Cortos 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Daeron 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Jerrand 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Shirish 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Darkness 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
attacks 1)SH, 2)CH or 3)Co- 1d3 ⇒ 3

Init Order
*Pouncing darkness
Shirish
Daeron
*Chitleen
Cortos
Jerrand


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Pre-emptively puts his bomb back in his bag.
Level 2 cannot come soon enough precise bombs discovery sorely needed...

Grand Lodge

Quick post from the break room at work.
Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

From near the back of the group Jerrand sees nor hears a thing.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Daeron notices the the oddly placed statues and his heart jumps a little,

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


From behind the obsidian sphinx a dark form rushes silently forward. It is leonine in form, but its flesh is hairless and oily blue-black in color. Its face is primitive and more mouth than anything. The mane appears to be a cluster of thick dark tentacles around its neck and two more tentacles trail behind it like a tail.

It leaps upon Cortos mauling the injured berserker. 5 hp damage and DC 14 Fort save.

Surprise round
Pouncing darkness
Daeron
Chitleen
Round 1
Black Sphinx
Shirish
Daeron
Chitleen
Cortos
Jerrand

map.


Dwarf Barbarian 2

Outstanding! I have 1 hit point.
Barely standing, Cortos gets very angry because of the fact that he's barely standing. He takes a good swing of his axe at the creature.
Raging and power attacking, I now have 3 hps and 4 rounds of rage left.:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 131d12 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Fort Save:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Surprise Round:

Unable to charge due to intervening allies, Chitleen instead moves closer.

Move action to go to C,8

Round 1:

Grimacing at the creature, Chitleen shifts his stance so as to flank with an ally and tries to run the beast through...

Longsword: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 1 + 2 = 13 for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

5ft step to a flanking position (C,9 if Cortos is still up, or to flank with Shirish if not).


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Daeron steps forward to the corridor mouth before loosing off an arrow at the pouncer. Surprise Actions

ranged attack into melee: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 4 = 19
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Watching the arrow fly, he calmly loads another before repeating his actions. Round 1 Actions..

ranged attack into melee: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 - 4 = 15
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


The moment after Cortos is attacked, Daeron steps up and sends an arrow into the beast. Chitleen moves around to attack from the side but his talwar slices only air.

The beast turns on the alchemist ripping into his side. Chitleen- 6 hp damage and DC 14 fort save.

Round 1
Black Sphinx X
Shirish
Daeron X
Chitleen
Cortos X
Jerrand


Provided the beast has not moved...

Shirish takes a five foot step to -B7 and full attacks the creature, but her longsword attack goes incredibly wide, and she looks almost comical...

Shirish Longsword Attack 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 - 1 = 9 if it hits she will deal 1d8 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 1 = 9 damage.

Shirish Shield Attack 1d20 + 5 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 1 - 2 = 21 if it hits she will deal 1d4 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 1 = 5 damage.

Grand Lodge

I think everyone else has gone for Round 1 so here's Jerrand's actions.

Finally seeing the monster and the visious attacks it makes on the alchemist and the dwarf, Jerrand quickly says a prayer to Gorum.

Suddenly the head of his warhammer starts to glow with a magical light as divine power from the Battle-God empowers it.

Moving to keep everyone within range should he need to try and heal them he sets himself ready to charge in when an opening presents itself.

Cast magic weapon, and move to within 15' (10' away straight line for a charge) of the creature.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Just confirming that Chitleen has already had his Round 1 action play out (the unsuccessful attack).... roll on Round 2

Fort Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

2/8 HP left...


The creature moves with cat-like speed dodging Shirish's sword, but it is unprepared for her shield blow that smashes into its head. Daeron sends another arrow at the beast nicking a tentacle from its mane. Cortos' powerful swing misses the fast moving creature as it changes targets again and attacks Shirish. Its bite grates off her armor fortunately.

Round 2
Black Sphinx X
Shirish
Daeron
Chitleen
Cortos
Jerrand


Shirish remains standing and continues her furious assault against the creature with sword and shield, but her attacks are wild and strike naught but air.

Round 2 Full Attack

Shirish Longsword Attack vs AC 21 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 - 1 = 15 if it hits she will deal 1d8 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 1 = 13 damage.

Shirish Shield attack vs AC 21 1d20 + 5 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 1 - 2 = 3 if it hits she will deal 1d4 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 1 = 7 damage.

gosh darnit


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

O Hungry Skull - you didn't clarify what the impact of the failed Fort save was, so all of the below assume full stats. Alter as required if required.

Round 2:

Grimacing with pain, though seeing the clearest route to succor being the ending of this creature - Chitleen lashes out with the talwar once more...

Longsword: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 1 + 2 = 20 assumed flank for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

...before stepping back from the fray.

Attack, then take a 5ft step back from the beast.


Dwarf Barbarian 2

I move to A8 trying to flank the beast.
Cortos is getting angrier for the fact that his attacks keep missing, so he attack with even more reckless abandon.
Assuming I flank: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 211d12 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Daeron continues to unload a third arrow amidst the swirling melee.

ranged attack into melee: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 4 = 19
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Surrounded by enemies, the thing is quickly hacked to bits and after a few moments bubbles away into an oily black sludge.

EVERYBODY hits! :)
Shirish- why AC21? it was only AC 15.
Chitleen- you haven't felt any effects from the bite yet. well, other than a chunk of flesh missing.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

One of those bites hey Voodoo ;)

Wiping clean and then sheathing his talwar when it is clear that the creature is no more, Chitleen withdraws a vial from his person and removes the stopper. Taking some of the oil within upon his forefinger, he applies it to the center of his chest.

As a faint waft of citrus flower can be smelt, Chitleen's wound closes up and heals...

Using my cure light extract for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 healing - leaving me at 7/8 HP

...leaving him almost whole. He re-stows the vial and turns his attention upon the sarcophagus that the creature burst forth from.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

Reference:
Applied the Nakh Choya ittar - or Citrus Bigardia to the Anahata (heart) chakra


Dwarf Barbarian 2

Cortos keeps pummelling on the thing to make sure it's not an undead and that it won't stand up again. As he drops out of rage, exhausted for the fight, his blows gradually lose strenght. Just what the hell are those things?
2 rounds of rage and 1 hp left.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Knowledge(Dungeoneering, Planes, Nature, Arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Daeron looks at the oily sludge, reminiscent of the Black Sphinx who'd hey just defeated. His mind goes through his previous readings on fauna that may apply to such a beast.

Grand Lodge

Looking chagrined that he didn't get the chance to combat the thing Jerrand whispers. "Gorum forgive me."


Daeron wonders if the beast is somehow linked to the falling star seen on various images in the shrine. It certainly seems otherworldly.

Chitleen's investigation of the Black Sphinx's obsidian sarcophagus yields only a number of broken noqual crystals adhered to the inside in a circular shape almost as if the crystals encased something at some point.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Brow furrowed slightly as though in thought, Chitleen works on removing the noqual crystals from their place of imprisonment with a dagger.


The noqual crumbs remaining only result in a couple ounces of dust and broken crystals. Not worth much, but there still ought to be a nice chunk of adamantite somewhere nearby.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Looking back at his companions "Are you able to continue? - or do you require succor?"

Are we pushing on gents?
Hungry Skull - what sort of passages and side-chambers are leading off from this one?


Six small openings each lead to a crypt containing a mummified priest laid out on a bench. Under each bench are five sealed stone jars.

know religion or history DC 15:
The jars are canopic jars which each hold a vital organ. Usually there is one for the stomache, intestines, liver and lungs. You aren't sure what the fifth jar would hold.

perception DC 20:
You spot a secret door to the left side of the Black Sphinx sarcophagus.

251 to 300 of 4,080 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hungry Voodoo's Mines of Zolurket All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.