Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Hungry Voodoo's Mines of Zolurket (Inactive)

Game Master voodoo chili

In 4121 AR, the desert dwarves of the Barrier Wall Mountains sealed the famed Tar-Urkatha mine abruptly, saying only that one of the richest platinum mines in history had played out. Nearly six centuries later, the truth rises from the darkness.


2,301 to 2,350 of 4,080 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>

Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Need to take leave until next Friday for an academic purpose. So please DMpc Daeron.


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

Are to assume that Karrak healed everyone to full health before turning in for the night?


Tararr- that was the offer. Where are you at on hp? Resting through the night heals an additional 3 hp and 1 ability damage.


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

I had 2 Cure Light Wounds and 1 channel left. I would use the CLW before retiring for the night and save the channel for the morning in case we are attacked by undead. Feel free to roll for 1 or 2 CLW (d6+3) as necessary; I will be traveling all day.


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

I am sitting at 30/42. Saving healing is a good idea.


|| CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F +9 | R +3 | W +5 || HP 53/59 AC 21/10/21 || Paladin 5 || SR 10 Immune: Fear, Disease

As I use a heavy shield (for now) and I can't use Lay on Hands while that is equipped Lockjaw will hand out 1d6 ⇒ 61d6 ⇒ 61d6 ⇒ 4 of healing to whomever wants to risk his diseased paw touching them.


Chitleen Shudra wrote:
Chitleen rises to stretch his weary bones and dream of a steaming hot cup of chai to soothe his mind. As he chokes down another dried pile of so called food, he ventures "Do we within? Risk the halls and see what remains of once great Tar-Urkatha?"

everyone healed up? the question has been asked.


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

Good to go!

"Let's get movin'. I got an itch ta smash them mangy mongrols. You boys ready to move out?"


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Chitleen and the other lithe and long lived elf incline their head slightly in affirmation of Tararr's questioning. Chitleen taking a position near to the front of their column, and Daeron towards the back.

Chitleen cautions "We should be wary for any surprises that may have been lain at the entrance to greet us..."

Figure I'll PCPC Daeron till he gets back if that's ok Voodoo?


Once everyone is armored and ready, the expedition heads down into the small courtyard. Approaching the damaged portcullis, you can see a pair of gnolls lurking in the shadows beyond.


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

"You skinnies want a whack at catchin' 'em quiet like?", Tararr ask the elves.


The gnolls have spotted you as well and the one with a battle axe gives a call of alarm as the other nocks an arrow.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Sighing "Not much point now" Chitleen takes a review of their surrounds again.

Rough distance Voodoo? - and is there a choke point we could lure em to?


the shoe is on the other hand this time! gnolls hold the choke point into the mine. only other spot is the gate to the keep south of you. gates are red squares.

sketch

it's about 50' from gate to gate. the red figure denotes the tower you rested in.


|| CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F +9 | R +3 | W +5 || HP 53/59 AC 21/10/21 || Paladin 5 || SR 10 Immune: Fear, Disease

"No sense waitin' then!"

Lockjaw runs at the gnolls, an evil grin splitting his unkept beard. Whether is comes from Lockjaw or something living in his facial hair is a thought best left for later.

Double move 40' towards the gnolls.


Initiative rolls:

Chitleen 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Karrak 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Daeron 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Lockjaw 1d20 ⇒ 3
Mankato 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Tarrar 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Gnolls 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

With a shout, Lockjaw thuds forward in his heavy armor toward the huge jammed portcullis. The gnolls brace themselves behind the opening though they know anyone rushing them will have to duck under the low entry.
The portcullis is about 20'wide and opened only at the bottom 3'.

Round 1
Karrak
Daeron
Tararr
Mankato
Chitleen
Gnolls
Lockjaw


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Round 1:

Turning from his quick reconnoiter Chitleen finds Lockjaw no longer beside him and he hisses in Elvish "Oh pour l'amour de la baise." hurrying after the dwarf Chitleen calls "Think before you follow them into their world." while stringing his bow.

Elvish:
"Oh for the sake of feck."

Daeron allows a slight smile at Chitleen's frustration while mentally noting the anthropomorphic potential of Lockjaw's follicular facial fury. I should make note of that... when time is less of an essence. He follows after Chitleen, while also conjuring lights that dance to ensure that the area where the gnolls have made their fastness is well illuminated.

Both of us moving 30ft closer and erring on the right hand side of the approach to the portcullis.


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

so it's possible to go around the other way?

Karrak will fire his crossbow through the portcullis, at the archer.

Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
damage? 1d10 ⇒ 1

Confirm 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
More damage? 1d10 ⇒ 7

After firing, approach closer but move off to the side if possible.


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

Tararr will try to move up the least exposed route to the entrance and take cover against the wall.


Quickly moving up behind the reeking paladin, the party spreads out trying to take cover in the narrowing space before the portcullis. Karrak fires a shot that wings the archer ruining his shot at Lockjaw as glowing orbs illuminate the entry hall behind the gate.

map

in actuality the walls arent' stepped but a smooth funnel into the portcullis. i just cant do diag walls on the map program.

Lockjaw
Round 2
Karrak
Daeron
Tararr
Mankato
Chitleen
Gnolls


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

Karrak approaches the gate(a6), dorn-dergar in hand, and swings the chain low in an attempt to trip the lead gnoll.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


|| CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F +9 | R +3 | W +5 || HP 53/59 AC 21/10/21 || Paladin 5 || SR 10 Immune: Fear, Disease

Round 1

Status:

HP = 34/34
AC = 21/10/21
SR = 8
Weapon Equipped = Mwk Cold Iron Dwarven Waraxe
Speed = 20'
Lay on Hands/day = 3/3 (1d6)
Smite Evil/day = 1/1 (+2 hit, +3 damage, +2 deflection AC)
Status Effects = None

Moving forward Lockjaw attempts to swing his axe under the portcullis.

Mwk Waraxe Cold Iron Power Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 111d10 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Male Oread Monk HP 27 Init +1; Senses Darkvision; Perception +9 AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7

Is the portcullis taking up the square? Can I move up to it and do a kick underneath it at the one standing next to it? My actions depend on that. I will roll dice if I can attack -B6 otherwise will move to -D8 with a double move avoiding the battle axe.

Kick: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 201d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

Tararr follows the party using the rush to overwhelm the defenders.

"Hope they weren't expectin' this.", he says surging forward.

Move to nearest gnoll and whack it.

Atk 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 DMG 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Lockjaw continues his forward momentum and swings beneath the massive portcullis only to hit one of the massive points on the underside with a resounding clang. He realizes the gnoll is beyond his reach, but Karrak is right behind him and sweeps his dorn-derger through forcing the gnoll to leap wildly to clear the chain.

Mankato rolls beneath the wicked points and brings the battle to the gnolls.

The portcullis is giant-sized so fill their 5' squares and you'll need a reach weapon to attack the defenders. Big points that sink into holes beneath the portcullis present another challenge. Ducking beneath requires a DC 10 acrobatics check or you hit a point for 1d4 damage.

elves are up.


Male Oread Monk HP 27 Init +1; Senses Darkvision; Perception +9 AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7

Can I use the attack roll then as my Acrobatics? If so then I would end up next to the one with the bow. I have 40' move so double move makes 80'


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Round 2:

Daeron moves closer to the enemy and unlimbers his longbow to take a speculative shot...
Composite Longbow 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 for 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4
Move to B9, shoot -C,6

...though his bow hooks upon his robes and he manages a deadly strike against the ground five feet before his person.

Chitleen then follows forward, fishing out one of his crystal vials to pitch underarm beneath the portcullis against the gnoll standing further back...
Move to -A,8 attack -D,7
Alkahest (ranged touch): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 for 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 = 6 - 6 spalsh


Mankato-yep, that's what I did.
Daeron's shot ricochets off one of the thick bars as Mankato rolls under and leaps up at the archer. A moment later, a vial tinks along the floor and between the archers legs to explode spraying everyone with acid. Howling the bowgnoll steps back firing at the monk while the other swings his heavy axe. The axe clangs off the bars as the gnoll writhes in pain from the acid burns, but the arrow does not miss. Mankato-10 piercing, also struck with alkahest splash.

Gnollish yells echo from further within the mine as guards rush forward.

Lockjaw
Round 2
Karrak
Daeron
Tararr
Mankato
Chitleen
Gnolls

map


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Voodoo - I had attacked the gnoll at the rear... does Mankato still get sprayed with acid-juice?


Chitleen Shudra wrote:
Voodoo - I had attacked the gnoll at the rear... does Mankato still get sprayed with acid-juice?

Mankato was at C-8 so with a hit at D7, gnoll@ C6 and Mankato@ C8 would have been hit by splash, yes? (I had though Oread's has acid resistance, but perhaps not.

note: chitleen-you could delay until after the gnoll backed up.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

My bad - didn't read well enough what he was up to... but he's got Acid Resis 5 so he can take it :P


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

Karrak whirls his spiked chain as he calls forth an air elemental.


|| CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F +9 | R +3 | W +5 || HP 53/59 AC 21/10/21 || Paladin 5 || SR 10 Immune: Fear, Disease

Round 2

Status:

HP = 34/34
AC = 21/10/21
SR = 8
Weapon Equipped = Mwk Cold Iron Dwarven Waraxe
Speed = 20'
Lay on Hands/day = 3/3 (1d6)
Smite Evil/day = 1/1 (+2 hit, +3 damage, +2 deflection AC)
Status Effects = None

Seeing the gnolls tied up with Mankato Lockjaw attempts to roll under the bars.

Acrobatics: 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (6) - 6 = 0


Lockjaw moves awkwardly as he tries to roll in his bulky armor. Instead he falls on his back, turtling for a moment and then near impales himself getting up. Lockjaw- 3 piercing. Karrak whirls his chain calling forth a whirling wind.

Daeron, Tararr, and so forth.


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

Heading to work. Please roll for me. Tararr will roll under the gate using Acro and attack the nearest gnoll.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

I'm back.

The sounds of more guards further downward worries Daeron as he shouts a warning.

With more of these beasts not far off, make sure your way back here is clear, Mankato.

With the training of elven years, Daeron takes a shot at the nearest acid burnt gnoll.

ranged attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 17
1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 = 11


Dearon releases an arrow, gravely wounding the axe wielding gnoll. Tararr takes on the dreaded portcullis, but is repulsed and receives a wound as well. Tararr-4 piercing

Tararr:
Acro 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 - 1 = 9, damage 1d4 ⇒ 4

chitleen and mankato left.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Round 2:

The area near the portcullis having become cluttered with flailing dwarves and too many too near for his vials of crystal, Chitleen holds his position and stands ready.

Delay till after the gnollikins


|| CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F +9 | R +3 | W +5 || HP 53/59 AC 21/10/21 || Paladin 5 || SR 10 Immune: Fear, Disease

Did Lockjaw make it under the portcullis to the other side or is he stuck?


Male Oread Monk HP 27 Init +1; Senses Darkvision; Perception +9 AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7

Mankato shifts closer to the one with the bow and swings a fist at it.

Fist: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 81d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Mankato ignores the injured axe wielder and attempts to assault the bowman who dodges further back. He fires, but misses while maneuvering away from the monk. The injured axegnoll breaks and retreats nursing the arrow sticking out of his chest.

Reinforcements arrive a moment later as a pair of gnolls with long spears charges in to defend the archer. The pair attack as a pack, but only one gets through the monk's defenses. From down the passage, you hear gnolls chanting:

gnollish:
"Spine King! Spine King!"

Mankato- 6 piercing. Do you have acid resistance? It should be listed under defenses.

Chitleen
Lockjaw
Round 3
Karrak
Daeron
Tararr
Mankato
Gnolls

map

Lockjaw- i'm treating the mechanic as moving through a threatened square so failed acrobatics check means you take damage and lose the move.


|| CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F +9 | R +3 | W +5 || HP 53/59 AC 21/10/21 || Paladin 5 || SR 10 Immune: Fear, Disease

With a -6 there's almost no chance of making a DC 10, is there any way to bull through? I didn't realize taking the AoO ended the movement, really if Lockjaw couldn't roll under safely he'd just tear his way past and damage be damned.


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

Shrugging off the scratches of the gate, Tararr again forces his way forward.

Acro move to D5 and attack gnoll
Acro1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Atk 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 DMG1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Lockjaw starts carefully crawling under the portcullis. He suffers a random shot from the guarding gnoll, but the spear grates off his armor.

I think I'm still waiting for Chitleen and everyone except Tararr


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Round 2: AC 20

With the portcullis obscuring his bowshot and the area becoming too crowded for alkahest work, Chitleen smears an attar across his breast before attempting to dance his way within...

Shield extract, then try to Acro to -C,8
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


|| CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F +9 | R +3 | W +5 || HP 53/59 AC 21/10/21 || Paladin 5 || SR 10 Immune: Fear, Disease

"Ar, don't be spearing me ya pup! Soon as I'm through this I'ma wear yer ears on a string!"

Still crawling I believe.


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

Karrak's elemental coalesces into a whirling vortex and flies through the portcullis unimpeded, enveloping the gnoll at D6 in a Whirlwind.

Elemental

Karrak follows, attempting to smoothly duck under the portcullis.

Acrobatics 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17 (untrained, incl. +1 dex and -2 ACP)

He lets loose at the same gnoll with his dorn-dergar.
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male Oread Monk HP 27 Init +1; Senses Darkvision; Perception +9 AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7

I traded away my acid resist. I do have deflect arrows that deflects one arrow per round. So how much is the damage from the acid?

Mankato shifts forward and lets loose with a flurry of fists.

Flurry: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 141d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 51d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 171d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Mankato- 6 acid, DC 13 ref for half

Chitleen smears a warding balm across his chest and then tries to duck under the barbed gate. He is a bit boggled by the stink of the crawling dwarf next to him and taking a spike in the shoulder dances back. Chitleen-4 pierce

Karrak summons a wind spirit that flies through the bars to harass a speargnoll, but the shaggy humanoid shrugs it off. He cannot do the same against the priest's whirling steel ball as Karrak slips under the gate. A moment later, Tararr joins him to cut the gnoll down.

Daeron steps behind Lockjaw to fire over the crawling dwarf at the archer. 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15, but the shot only grazes the gnoll's armor. Mankato steps up to the second speargnoll and with a rapid combination batters the hyenaman.

The remaining gnolls step back still focusing their attacks on the monk. The speargnoll attempts a clumsy riposte which misses, but the skilled archer hits again as he calls something back into he darkness.
Mankato- 5 piercing

Gnollish:
Release the Spine King!

Chitleen
Lockjaw
Round 4
Karrak
Daeron
Tararr
Mankato
Gnolls

map

With the gate unthreatened, you can now take 10 to move through.


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

RD 4 HP 33/36, Rage 13/13

Ripping his axe free from the still falling body of the gutted and smashed muzzled gnoll on his right, Tararr skirts the wall of the with a speed unnatural to the stout kind. Quickly juking to the right, the dwarf attempts to slide in behind a gnoll that seems to be nursing some acid burns. Planting his foot, Tararr uses the momentum spin his body lashing out in a gleaming arc.

Move to H6 and attack G7

Atk 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 DMG 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

2,301 to 2,350 of 4,080 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hungry Voodoo's Mines of Zolurket All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.