Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Hungry Voodoo's Mines of Zolurket (Inactive)

Game Master voodoo chili

In 4121 AR, the desert dwarves of the Barrier Wall Mountains sealed the famed Tar-Urkatha mine abruptly, saying only that one of the richest platinum mines in history had played out. Nearly six centuries later, the truth rises from the darkness.


2,001 to 2,050 of 4,080 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>

Once clear of the gatehouse, Lockjaw surveys the outer keep. Two towers bracket the passage you just left. The one on the right is mostly collapsed, but the other appears intact with stairs leading to the entrance at the battlement level.

Beyond the ruined tower on the right, are gardened terraces that are fenced and well maintained. Directly ahead are the stairs to climb the steeply rising motte to the inner keep above and Zolurket's entrance. Currently four humanoids laden with large baskets and bags near the top of the stairs to the inner gate.


Male Oread Monk HP 27 Init +1; Senses Darkvision; Perception +9 AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7

Who or what might those be? Doesn't seem like a place that should have people wondering around so casually.

Mankato is trying to not be so loud and obvious as Lockjaw.

Thanks Voodoo but not complaining. Just so tired of it being this way. I am blessed in many ways and know I just have to let this work itself through.


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

Mankato, I hope things turn around!

Karrak dons his hood and begins to climb the stairs, trying to act natural but get a glimpse of the people on top of the stairs.

Stealth: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Despite the conspicuous dwarves at the foot of the stairs, the burdened figures do not appear to hear or see them and disappear into the shadowed inner keep.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

What would be our current action? I would scout out the keep and find out the inhabitants. In the process a safe refuge for the night should be located.

Daeron keeps an eye on the inner keep, ready for any sudden reappearance.


|| CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F +9 | R +3 | W +5 || HP 53/59 AC 21/10/21 || Paladin 5 || SR 10 Immune: Fear, Disease

"We'll need ta go in. No time ta make it back. Course ain't no festrog up either."


Male Oread Monk HP 27 Init +1; Senses Darkvision; Perception +9 AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7

I agree. I am curious on who they might be as it seemed as if they were had no worries.

Mankato is curious on if they saw ghosts instead of real figures.


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

"From afar this place seems abandoned but now we see well-kept gardens and people going in. Could be haunted."

Knowledge: Religion 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 (+2 more if it pertains to dwarves) to see if he knows a likely explanation.

"I propose we investigate the towers and the gardens while we are here, and then venture into the entrance."


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Daeron nods, agreeing. He rechecks his bow, nocking an arrow in before waiting to proceed.


The figures were far too substantial to be ghosts and judging by the disturbed soil in the garden and the sacks and baskets they carried, you surmise that they were gathering food.

Investigating the nearby fortifications, you find that the ruined tower near the garden has lost its top floors and only the ground floor looks intact though barred by a stout trapdoor in the floor of the mid-level room. The other tower seems mostly intact. Entering at the mid-level, you find half the ceiling missing and the chamber below filled with rubble. The room seems somewhat secure if a little open to the elements.


Time passes and the sky continues to darken. A couple bats, loathed by followers' of Torag, detach from the partial ceiling of the better preserved tower and flitter off.


|| CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F +9 | R +3 | W +5 || HP 53/59 AC 21/10/21 || Paladin 5 || SR 10 Immune: Fear, Disease

"Damned bats. Let's check that tower."

Lockjaw stumps to the door of the tower the bats have so recently vacated.


The West (bat) Tower is the one that's inhabitable though the roof needs repair. The East Tower is the partially collapsed one though the foundations look solid.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

We need to secure a refuge for tonight. The tower with the bats looks a worthier gamble on our restricted time.

Did you mean habitable for the West tower?


Same thing. Uninhabitable is the opposite of inhabitable/habitable as far as I know. There may be the same confusion as flammable/inflammable= same thing.
What's the consensus- holding up or pushing on?


|| CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F +9 | R +3 | W +5 || HP 53/59 AC 21/10/21 || Paladin 5 || SR 10 Immune: Fear, Disease

No one else has chimed in to stop him so Lockjaw is going to head into the bat tower.


Lockjaw- I just fast forward through a quick investigation of the lower fortifications. You are assumed to have checked out everything already. The west (bat) tower is empty and provides some shelter. The east tower is mostly collapsed except the lowest level which lies unexplored below a half buried trapdoor.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Yeah, quite confused with the in/unin thing. Double negatives and all that. Thanks.

Daeron looks on to the darkening sky and airs his concerns.
Our current situation would be in favour to halt and prepare for the darkness. Tempting fate to push on would invite calamity should we be unprepared.

Daeron airs out his bat familiar, in the approaching dusk. He tosses Ghema, allowing for the bat to seek his daily diet of insects.


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

Karrak shies away as Ghema flies free but he tries not to show distaste.

"I hope these folk don't mind us camping in their tower. They sure don't seem to use it, though." Karrak prepares to make camp.

You'd think dwarves would be used to bats!


Daeron- yeah, English is a mutt language so don't expect consistency ;) Do we have a quorum for camping?


|| CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F +9 | R +3 | W +5 || HP 53/59 AC 21/10/21 || Paladin 5 || SR 10 Immune: Fear, Disease

I think so.

Lockjaw prepares the camp and sets up a guard station. Depending on location he will set up barricades to defend behind, much like the festrog tunnel.


The tower is perhaps more easily defended and certainly more hospitable than the death tainted festrog warren. The door is recoverable and the boulder strewn stairs would make an assault more difficult. Although on the threshold of the potentially haunted and likely gnoll infested mine, you feel somewhat secure as you settle in for the night.

Daeron:
Once again you sense that your familiar finds the local bat population unwelcoming and strange in a manner similar to the bat swarms near the dwarven bridge.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

The night would draw out the perils of this place. Though my familiar informs that we may find the local bat swarms especially unwelcoming.

Daeron finds a sheltered spot and begins to prepare for the night.


After making another poor meal of trail rations, you settle in for the night with Chitleen taking the first watch. Karrak relieves him as a lean moon begins its descent.

Karrak Perception DC 17:
Your attention is drawn upward to the hole in the roof as a shadow passes by the dim moon and you hear a slight sound above.


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

perception1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Karrak doesn't notice anything unusual.


As the long hours stretch through the dark and quiet night, Karrak keeps a wary watch on his sleeping companions. About halfway through his watch, he rises to stretch his legs and sharpen his attention. At this moment, a silent noose falls from the hole in the ceiling and settles around his neck.

Karrak- give me a DC 15 reflex save to get out a strangled call before your breath is cut off, entangled.


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Mmmph!

Assuming I would be sitting on watch with my crossbow.

Karrak fires straight up in the air.

1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 - 2 = 21 the -2 is for entangled

crit confirmation? 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 - 2 = 21


nice. that'll do so give me some damage.


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

Booyah! Double 20


um, still no damage roll?

got it. 2d10 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2 wow. you really should have rolled that :P

As the rope yanks upward digging into Karrak's throat, he raises his crossbow and fires straight up miraculously hitting one of his hidden assailants which gives a soft grunt.

Initiative rolls:

Chitleen 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Karrak 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Daeron 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Lockjaw 1d20 ⇒ 14
Mankato 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Foe 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Round 1
Night raiders
Karrak
Mankato
Lockjaw
Chitleen
Daeron

As Karrak is hauled choking upward through the roof, a gray beam of light strikes him from above. Karrak- 3 hp damage and 4 strength damage, fort save DC 15 for half. Despite the frantic action of Karrak kicking and struggling as he is drawn through the hole, little sound is actually made to awaken his companions.


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

Fort save1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


OK, let me straighten out the action.
Surprise- Karrak noosed.
Round 1- Karrak lifted to ceiling. fires bolt, crits kinda.
Everyone else give me a DC 20 perception (listen) check to be awakened by the struggle.


|| CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F +9 | R +3 | W +5 || HP 53/59 AC 21/10/21 || Paladin 5 || SR 10 Immune: Fear, Disease

Round 1

Status:

HP = 34/34
AC = 10/10/10
SR = 8
Weapon Equipped = None
Speed = 20'
Lay on Hands/day = 3/3 (1d6)
Smite Evil/day = 1/1 (+2 hit, +3 damage, +2 deflection AC)
Status Effects = None

Lockjaw snores in his sleep, no doubt dreaming of finding magical armor he can sleep in.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

He wakes briefly before breaking wind and returning to his slumber.


Male Oread Monk HP 27 Init +1; Senses Darkvision; Perception +9 AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7

Perception: 1d20 + 9 - 10 ⇒ (2) + 9 - 10 = 1

Mankato does not hear anything other than the snoring.


Waiting on Daeron's check. Chitleen should be back pretty soon, but I'll roll for him once Daeron goes.


Daeron 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Ghema 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Chitleen 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Fortunately, Daeron rouses from his trance state at the sound of the crossbow firing and sees Karrak dragged through the hole. He gives a shout of alarm.

Round 2
Night raiders
Karrak
Mankato
Lockjaw
Chitleen
Daeron

Karrak:
Straining against the noose, you hold onto your crossbow as you are pulled onto the roof to the tower. The rope is being pulled straight into the sky by a pair of winged humanoids. You share the roof with a robed man whose jug eared head split in a wide grin as he grabs the rope and the two batmen drop and begin to beat you with saps. Karrak-5 lethal, 4 non-lethal

Perception DC 10 to awaken this round.


|| CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F +9 | R +3 | W +5 || HP 53/59 AC 21/10/21 || Paladin 5 || SR 10 Immune: Fear, Disease

Round 2

Status:

HP = 34/34
AC = 10/10/10
SR = 8
Weapon Equipped = None
Speed = 20'
Lay on Hands/day = 3/3 (1d6)
Smite Evil/day = 1/1 (+2 hit, +3 damage, +2 deflection AC)
Status Effects = None

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

"snerk"


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

STR: 12/14
HP: 4/21 (4 points non-lethal)

Knowledge check to identify: 1d20 ⇒ 11 +? (religion is +5) In particular, are they undead?

If I can: channel energy, healing: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2, unless I have identified any of them as undead, in which case I will channel using the Turn Undead ability to cause them to flee (Will DC 12).

Do I have my dorn-dergar on my belt where I can get to it?


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Round 2:

Perception: auto-success DC 10 with a +9 mod

Awakening to find Karrak vanished and Daeron gesticulating above to a hole in the ceiling Chitleen rolls to his feet muttering dark words in his ancestral tongue.

Standard action still to spend - from the description it would appear Karrak has been noosed onto the roof of the tower we are in... is there any internal way aloft to where he is?


Acting quickly, Chitleen looks for a way up and sees only the ruined stairs which deteriorate steadily until they crumble away to nothing just before the gaping hole. DC 15 Climb to pull yourself up onto the roof.

Let's say Daeron got off a dancing lights spell.
Karrak- they are not undead. you have your dergar, but won't be able to use a two handed weapon while grappled.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Round 2 Continued:

Eyeing the stairs with deep suspicion, Chitleen sees little alternative and commits himself to the endeavor...

Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

...making an elf-ful effort, but still lacking in sufficient athletic conduct to reach the roof. He yells "Up Lockjaw and Mankato... lest Karrak be lost to us!"


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Having trouble with my ISP, need to bot Daeron as currently I'm getting to the net at my campus. I'll work things out and resume asap.


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

STR: 12/14
HP: 10/21 (plus 2 pts nonlethal)
Channel Energy 3/4


Male Oread Monk HP 27 Init +1; Senses Darkvision; Perception +9 AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7

Mankato jerks awake at the yell. He climbs to his feet and What is going on? Where is he lost to?


Mankato succeeds with a min of 10 percep.

Mankato leaps to his feet at Daeron's shout though the foul smelling dwarf continues snoring loudly until Daeron kicks him. Chitleen rushes up the falling stairs and grabs the edge of the roof though it proves more difficult than he imagined to pull himself over.

Round 3
Night raiders
Karrak
Mankato
Lockjaw
Chitleen
Daeron

Karrak:
The robed figure appears to be having a tough time keeping you controlled as your assailants continue to strike at you with heavy leather saps. You manage to interpose your armor each time however, and their strikes are ineffective.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Round 3:

Judging his own inadequate climbing technique, and the fact that Mankato would be of more use above - Chitleen elaborates "Above, on the roof... Hurry and I will try and help you." setting himself up to give Mankato assistance in forging upwards.

Aid Another (Climb): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

STR: 12/14
HP: 10/21 (plus 2 pts nonlethal)
Channel Energy 3/4

Spell tracker:

I am pretty sure I haven't used any spells today other than know the enemy so I am going from my default spell list under "scratch space" at the end of my profile.

(Normal Spells Prepared)
Level 0:
Spark
Stabilize
Light
Guidance

Level 1:
Prot. from Evil (Domain slot)
Know the Enemy USED
Command
Remove Sickness

Level 2:
Align Weapon(Domain slot)
Spiritual Weapon
Summon Monster II

Karrak flails at his captor with the crossbow in an attempt to make him release the rope.

Combat maneuver to escape a grapple
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 subtracting 1 from my normal CMB for STR damage


I believe we're waiting on Mankato. up and over.


|| CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F +9 | R +3 | W +5 || HP 53/59 AC 21/10/21 || Paladin 5 || SR 10 Immune: Fear, Disease

Round 3

Status:

HP = 34/34
AC = 10/10/10
SR = 8
Weapon Equipped = None
Speed = 20'
Lay on Hands/day = 3/3 (1d6)
Smite Evil/day = 1/1 (+2 hit, +3 damage, +2 deflection AC)
Status Effects = None

"Eh, what? Where's Karrak?"

Lockjaw rolls to his feet, grabbing his axe and shield as he does so.


I'll move it ahead. Daeron- unsure which are your prepared spells. the * marks? please clarify and list near the top of your alias.
Mankato climb 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 2 = 21

Mankato grabs Chitleen's proffered hand and vaults onto the roof to find Karrak hard pressed by two horrible bat-faced men whose wings hang like a leather cloak about their chain shirt clad forms. The priest is restricted by a noose around his neck kept tight by a gray robed man as his companions attempt to beat the cleric unconscious.

Daeron climbs the stairs to a better vantage point and empowers his bow for maximum damage. The man on the noose attempts to rein in the dwarf as one of the thugs lands a powerful blow on Karrak. Karrak- 10 non-lethal

Round 4
Night raiders
Karrak
Mankato
Lockjaw
Chitleen
Daeron

map.

2,001 to 2,050 of 4,080 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hungry Voodoo's Mines of Zolurket All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.