Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Hungry Voodoo's Mines of Zolurket (Inactive)

Game Master voodoo chili

In 4121 AR, the desert dwarves of the Barrier Wall Mountains sealed the famed Tar-Urkatha mine abruptly, saying only that one of the richest platinum mines in history had played out. Nearly six centuries later, the truth rises from the darkness.


1,851 to 1,900 of 4,080 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>

Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

Did my crossbow shot from earlier hit? I assume they have not yet closed and I haven't gotten the AoO yet...
Karrak turns to the unarmored paladin and says, "I can't make armor but this may help." He asks Torag for Protection from Evil (on Lockjaw, +2 AC/saves) then he readies his weapon for the approaching undead.

If they are already in my face I will revise that action.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Daeron pulls his hand out from his pouch, rubbing his lubricated fingers of salted butter. Chanting in words unremembered, the ground in front of the dwarves glisten in a layer of conjured, slick fat.

Casts Grease infront of the dwarves for best effect.


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

Sorry, I was misread the initiative rolls as the order we were in. Since I am going after the Festrogs let me wait and see where they are. (In particular,how many of them are within, oh, I don't know, 30 feet?)


Male Oread Monk HP 27 Init +1; Senses Darkvision; Perception +9 AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7

Same here as waiting to see where I am and what the festrogs do before me.


Chitleen guards the rear as the first festrogs close. Karrak's bolt takes one in the face and it staggers toward him jaw agape before collapsing at his feet. The next stumbles at the barricade before rushing at Mankato.

Mankato up!

map.
Conditions: nil light


Male Oread Monk HP 27 Init +1; Senses Darkvision; Perception +9 AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7

Mankato will Flurry of Blows: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 161d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 71d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 131d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


|| CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F +9 | R +3 | W +5 || HP 53/59 AC 21/10/21 || Paladin 5 || SR 10 Immune: Fear, Disease

Round 1

Status:

HP = 34/34
AC = 12/10/12
SR = 8
Weapon Equipped = Mwk Cold Iron Dwarven Waraxe
Speed = 20'
Lay on Hands/day = 3/3 (1d6)
Smite Evil/day = 1/1 (+2 hit, +3 damage, +2 deflection AC)
Status Effects = None

Lockjaw will move to Mankato's side and attempt to swing at the Festrog through the opening.

Mwk Dwarven Waraxe Cold Iron Cover: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 4 = 211d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

How closely are they massed outside? Are they bunched together or straggling in one at a time?


I'll just have Lockjaw and Karrak switch spots on Karrak's turn so LJ can attack and Karrak cast. I'll just have Daeron cast light before combat started.

Mankato delivers a fierce leading blow and weak follow up that leaves the beast gravely wounded. Karrak steps back casting a warding spell on Lockjaw as the paladin steps up and finishes the remaining festrog. Daeron slicks the barracade and the gap in front of the warriors.

Round 2
Chitleen
Festrogs
Mankato
Daeron
Karrak
Lockjaw


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Chitleen asks his kinsman "Brother can you conjure light?" shrugging his shortbow off one shoulder and readying it for use. He holds the shot until he hopefully is able to see and more of the spawn join the fray.

Readied Shot: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 Soft cover applies


Karrak Ironhand wrote:
How closely are they massed outside? Are they bunched together or straggling in one at a time?

the entrance is only 10 feet wide so they can only come in 2 at aa time with y'all defending it. There is a mob grouped at the entrance. From your current position you could hit 8 max with channel if that's what you are asking.


Two more of the feral ghouls leap over the barricade and are quickly on the stone man and reeking dwarf. Mankato defends himself, but the poorly armored dwarf receives a horrid bite which seems to energize the thing. Chitleen quickly sends an arrow into the offending festrog.

Lockjaw-7 hp bite

Round 2
Festrogs-x
Chitleen-x
Mankato
Daeron
Karrak
Lockjaw


Male Oread Monk HP 27 Init +1; Senses Darkvision; Perception +9 AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7

They seem like they want to wash over us like a wave. while attempting to see how many there are.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Mankato keeps his fist and feet striking out at the mob.

Flurry of Blows: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 221d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 91d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 231d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


|| CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F +9 | R +3 | W +5 || HP 53/59 AC 21/10/21 || Paladin 5 || SR 10 Immune: Fear, Disease

Round 2

Status:

HP = 27/34
AC = 14/12/14
SR = 8
Weapon Equipped = Mwk Cold Iron Dwarven Waraxe
Speed = 20'
Lay on Hands/day = 3/3 (1d6)
Smite Evil/day = 1/1 (+2 hit, +3 damage, +2 deflection AC)
Status Effects = Protection from Evil

"Now be the time fer yer bombs elf."

Lockjaw swings again.

Mwk Dwarven Waraxe Cold Iron: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 241d10 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


oops forget the grease.

All Mankato can see outside is more hungering feral faces. Mankato crushes the skull of the festrog that has slipped at his feet and then gives a spinning kick to the beast that is dining on Lockjaw breaking its neck.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

And there will be light, brother, Daeron replies.

Lampus!

Casts Dancing Lights, arranged in a bracket 10 feet apart at the barricade.

With another motion Daeron unslings his longbow and readies to fire.


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

Karrak leaps onto the barricade in front of Lockjaw to try to get closer to the oncoming horde, and calls on Torag to smite the undead.

Channel 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5

Dorn-dergar ready for an AoO.


Karrak leaps back to the front line unleashing a burst of holy energy. There are some high pitched whines from the mob, but most are little effected as more festrog rush to meet the priest on the barricade.

ok, i'm hearing that the light was cast instead of grease? Karrak, take that AoO.


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

AoO 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 by the way recently corrected my attack bonus to +5 taking into account the masterwork weapon
Damage 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

No more channels.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

1st round would be grease, the second round would be dancing lights.


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

If I need a reflex save, here it is...

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Dancing orbs of light illuminate the barricade as more festrogs rush forward. One is nearly caught in the spinning arch of Karrak's ancestral weapon, but unfortunately the dwarf slips on the greased debris. The feral ghouls skitter on the slick barricade, but their long claws grab into the old wood and they surge forward.

Broken teeth grab a hefty chunk of the fallen dwarf's flesh and in a gulp the bloody morsel is gone. A disgusting pustule covered tongue whips over the filthy beard to chase the red residue. Karrak- 9 hp and prone.

Round 3
Festrogs-x
Chitleen
Mankato
Daeron
Lockjaw
Karrak


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Chitleen nods "As you wish" as he retrieves another of his crystal receptacles for alkahest and hurling it forcefully into the pack of crowding festrog...

Bomb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 for 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 = 6 Soft cover applies, 6 splash damage. Using Precise Bomb to hopefully prevent friendly fire.
Into the midst of them if possible Hungry... though the damage is pants on this one.


Male Oread Monk HP 27 Init +1; Senses Darkvision; Perception +9 AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7

Mankato shifts 5ft step to where he can assist the fallen dwarf and continues the assault.

Flurry: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 151d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 71d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 241d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Crit Confirm?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 131d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Chitleen's bomb flies over the barricade and lands in the midst of the dog-ghouls. In the dim glow of Daeron's lights, you see several festrog fall from the combination of holy energy and burning alkahest. Several more tear at the flesh of their brethren before taking their place in the press.

The two festrogs on the barricade appear unaffected by the bomb and continue harrying Karrak as Mankato comes to his rescue. reflex save Mankato. you've been greased


Male Oread Monk HP 27 Init +1; Senses Darkvision; Perception +9 AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


The stone monk maintains his balance on the magically slick barricade and strikes the engorged festrog with a heavy blow.
Round 3
Daeron
Lockjaw
Karrak


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Daeron sees the dwarf cleric, oblivious to the magical sludge smeared at the barricade and begins to shout a warning before the dwarf slips and lands at the festrog's feet. Sadly shaking his head, Daeron looses off an arrow towards the nearest undead clawing at Karrak's prone form.

shoot at closest festrog threatening Karrak: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 14
damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 = 11
bonuses from point blank shot, precise shot, mw


|| CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F +9 | R +3 | W +5 || HP 53/59 AC 21/10/21 || Paladin 5 || SR 10 Immune: Fear, Disease

Round 3

Status:

HP = 27/34
AC = 14/12/14
SR = 8
Weapon Equipped = Mwk Cold Iron Dwarven Waraxe
Speed = 20'
Lay on Hands/day = 3/3 (1d6)
Smite Evil/day = 1/1 (+2 hit, +3 damage, +2 deflection AC)
Status Effects = Protection from Evil

"Ain't gonna kill nothing down there sonny!"

Lockjaw swings again to keep the creatures off his newfound friend.

Mwk Dwarven Waraxe Cold Iron Power Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 141d10 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

Still reeling from his brave but inept charge, Karrak pulls himself back from the barricade and gets up, with a word of thanks to Lockjaw and Mankato.

Can I roll or crawl off before getting up, if that will keep me from getting attacked?


Daeron's shot takes down a frenzied festrog giving Karrak an opening to duck back behind Lockjaw. The grisly paladin blocks the remaining ghoulspawn's bite and then splits its head with his heavy axe. Side-by-side with Mankato, the paladin readies for the next wave when the feral shouts subside abruptly. There is an eerie laugh from behind the pack and with bitter whining, the dog-ghouls turn in a reluctant retreat.


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

Karrak doesn't like the sound of that laugh. He retrieves and loads his crossbow.


Male Oread Monk HP 27 Init +1; Senses Darkvision; Perception +9 AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7

That laugh makes me think things are about to get worse.


|| CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F +9 | R +3 | W +5 || HP 53/59 AC 21/10/21 || Paladin 5 || SR 10 Immune: Fear, Disease

"Aye well, tell us they ain't alone. Somethin' controls em."


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Chitleen stands only slightly more easily as he agrees "Indeed Sahib, I am more ill at ease that they fled than I would be if they fought to the last... That the sheep have a shepherd is not a comfort." nocking an arrow and keeping his bow strung and ready for action within a moments notice as he listens...
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 to see if they come back within a few minutes or if their sound recedes out of earshot.


Outside there is the sound of several festrog yelping in pain and a hurried retreat back to the forest. As the scuffling moves away all falls still and you again hear the ominous laughter.

Nature DC 8:
It is the call of a hyena


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Knowledge:Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Daeron gives a little chuckle and imitates Chitleen, nocking a cold iron arrow to his bow.

What you fathom as laughter is but the call of a hyena, though I have naught an inclination how would undead be involved with these creatures. However we have previous experience with shape changing dog like jackals before and I would prepare cold iron weapons as a precaution.


|| CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F +9 | R +3 | W +5 || HP 53/59 AC 21/10/21 || Paladin 5 || SR 10 Immune: Fear, Disease

Lockjaw bounces his axe off the barricade in front of him a few times.

"Got yer cold iron right here, bring 'em on."


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

Karrak quietly prays for healing.

Burning Command spell to CLW on self. 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

HP now 21-9+4 = 16/21.

He pats his dorn-dergar. "Good dwarven cold iron, forged by my grandfather in Tar-Kazmukh." He stands ready with his crossbow in the second rank.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Yes, you dwarves seem more properly equipped compared to our last two. Now, with a lull in the fighting as it is, I still have a spell that would enlarge the size of whom the spell affects. Would any of you care to receive it?


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

"I would volunteer but Mankato is in better health (and is not missing his armor)."


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Daeron would wait awhile and see whether further attacks are forthcoming. If none are apparent within an hour, he would resume rest as to ready for spell preparation in the morning.


Daeron offers a word of advice as all stand attentively waiting for what may come next. Surely the withdrawal of the festrog and the appearance of a hyena aren't merely coincident. Karrak uses the break to mend a few of his wounds and Lockjaw offers a challenge. The dim orbs above the barricade flicker and disappear as Daeron's spell reaches it end.

Without the glare of the dancing lights, Lockjaw and Mankato can see beyond the mouth of the mine where a dark robed figure rises from a crouch. It cants its hood into the air and gives a sardonic laugh not unlike the call of a hyena.

"And what prey have the hounds trapped in that old hole? I smell dwarf. Too bad, common fare really, but do I detect a whiff of holiness mixed with that gamey odor... and perhaps genie blood? I haven't had that before."


Male Oread Monk HP 27 Init +1; Senses Darkvision; Perception +9 AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7

And it is unlikely going to happen tonight either. What is your purpose here?


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

Karrak mutters a prayer for light and his hammer of Torag begins to glow brightly. He holds it out to try to see who or what it is.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Karrak was better off relying on his darkvision as the glowing hammer leaves his eyes struggling to adjust to the contrast. The dark form titters at Mankato's question. "I might ask you the same. This is my hunting ground. So nice of you to liven it up."


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Chitleen remains silent as he wares the words of the beast and allows others the interrogation.

Knowledge (Dungeoneering): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 Or Nature with +8; Does Chitleen know what it might be?


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Daeron's yearn to rest is interrupted by the discourse his darkvision allies are having with the mysterious voice.

Chuffed, Daeron ventures near the barricade and mouths the arcane syllables for Dancing Lights intent on lighting up the voice with visible light.

Casts Dancing Lights at voice origin, range 130 feet, bracketing where Daeron perceives the voice to be.

Save your taunts, you would think words are enough to make lie down and roll at your feet.

Daeron swiftly aims at the robed figure and looses off a shot as soon as the last syllable passes from his lips.

Shoots the robed figure: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 1 = 20
Damage, cold iron: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


|| CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F +9 | R +3 | W +5 || HP 53/59 AC 21/10/21 || Paladin 5 || SR 10 Immune: Fear, Disease

"Aye, what 'e said. Come 'ere and we'll finish ye like yer dogs."

Lockjaw glares pugnaciously at the stranger in the darkness.


Daeron joins his companions near the barricade and conjures glowing spheres above the speaker. Under the dancing light, you get a better view of the dark shape as it flinches from the light. The tall humanoid shape straightens and throws back its hood to reveal a cadaverous face, covered with taut flesh like jerked meat above its fine long robes. Its eye sockets and gaping jaw filled with smokey red fires.

Daeron quickly fires an arrow at the robed stranger hitting it, but the creature just pulls from its chest apparently unaffected. It laughs once again, "An elf! How delicious!"

Know religion DC 15:
This creature is a ghul, an undead janni. It haunts graveyard in the form of a hyena and has powerful claws and a bite.
DC 20:
They are resistant to fire and unblessed (non-good) weapons.

Initiative rolls:

Chitleen 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Karrak 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 + 1 = 16 +1 underground
Daeron 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Lockjaw 1d20 ⇒ 20
Mankato 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Smokey 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Round 1
Daeron-x
Lockjaw
Mankato
Karrak
Chitleen
Stranger

1,851 to 1,900 of 4,080 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hungry Voodoo's Mines of Zolurket All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.