Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Hungry Voodoo's Mines of Zolurket (Inactive)

Game Master voodoo chili

In 4121 AR, the desert dwarves of the Barrier Wall Mountains sealed the famed Tar-Urkatha mine abruptly, saying only that one of the richest platinum mines in history had played out. Nearly six centuries later, the truth rises from the darkness.


1,751 to 1,800 of 4,080 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>

Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

"I hope they will stay dead this time."
Knowledge Religion 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Chitleen just offers Lockjaw a neutral smile. "Perhaps best we see where these creatures emerged?"

Survival to track: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


The digging along the edges of tombs looks very much like it could have come from the festrogs. Chitleen seeks to follow their trail over the packed ground and pine needles and has some success, but soon becomes confused by the amount of trails crisscrossing under the pines. You find the scattered bones of less fortunate victims both four-legged and two-legged, but after a couple hours you are still looking for their lair.


|| CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F +9 | R +3 | W +5 || HP 53/59 AC 21/10/21 || Paladin 5 || SR 10 Immune: Fear, Disease

"Ye've the right of it, findin' their lair is a good plan."

Lockjaw will attempt to assist in tracking the festrogs.

Survival: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12


Pausing to study the problem, Lockjaw points out to Chitleen that the majority of paths seem to head toward the landslide at the foot of the mountain that holds the mine.

Continuing through the forest of lost tombs toward the mountain, the pines abruptly open onto an immense rock field which becomes a talus slope which ascends the mountain. The festrog runs point you to a more recently cleared area where pines have clearly been cut and rocks cleared.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

"Now this bodes ill... fresh work upon the slope and ghouls from within the mine. Our dear employer's assertions seem somewhat less than accurate now."


|| CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F +9 | R +3 | W +5 || HP 53/59 AC 21/10/21 || Paladin 5 || SR 10 Immune: Fear, Disease

"Dunno what ye said but I reckon yer thinkin' he was lying to ya. Probably us too eh Karrak?"

Lockjaw absently scratches his rear before adjusting his shield and settling his stone armor.

"Might as well look."


From the clearing you can see that the festrog run leads to a tunnel into the talus slope. The tunnel is well constructed and shored up with heavy timbers.

Perception DC 15:
The cleared area looks to have once been an encampment. It is mostly grown over now, but you find some pieces of rusted mining equipment and scraps of wood framing and canvas. Part of an old crate is marked with crossed T's and the words T&T Mining and Excavation.

Know Nature DC 12:
The clearing is now covered in grasses and quick rowing perennial which lead you to believe the camp was abandoned maybe five years ago. The talus slope looks to be a catastrophic landslide several centuries old, likely from about the same time that the forest began to take over the valley.


Male Oread Monk HP 27 Init +1; Senses Darkvision; Perception +9 AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7

Mankato tries to understand what he is seeing here. He doesn't know much about nature other than try to live in harmony with it. Feels like there might be something he should see or hear though.

Looking around: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


|| CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F +9 | R +3 | W +5 || HP 53/59 AC 21/10/21 || Paladin 5 || SR 10 Immune: Fear, Disease

Perception DC 15: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Lockjaw stares intently at the tunnel.

"Reckon we should see how deep that goes. Or collapse it."

Don't fancy a horde of festrog on me tail.


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

"He was either not telling us the whole story, or unaware of these foul creatures, but I am afraid you are right, brother Lockjaw."

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Karrak looks around and points out the remnants of old mining equipment and the T&T Mining crate. "At least we seem to be in the right place."

What time is it? Perhaps someone more skilled in survival can determine if we should camp out here or head for the mine. Are there other visible entrances? Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Karrak Ironhand wrote:
What time is it? Are there other visible entrances?

it's now past mid-afternoon. From the overlook, you saw a road to the main entrance near the peak.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Know (Nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Chitleen's mood darkens further as he sees direct signs that their employers have been less than truthful "We may have slain the party that was sent before us... pray we don't end up the same way."

"And I think it best if our malodorous dwarf led the way... lest my sweet scent betray us." making ready to follow Lockjaw below.


|| CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F +9 | R +3 | W +5 || HP 53/59 AC 21/10/21 || Paladin 5 || SR 10 Immune: Fear, Disease

"Eh, think yer right Sweet, I'll be talkin' to that blighter when I get back."

With that Lockjaw takes the lead, shield and axe at the ready.


Pressing on to the shored up passage beneath the scree, Lockjaw takes the lead. Immediately noticeable at the entrance is a concentration of debris. You find arrowheads and pieces of burned wood as well as bones among which you find scattered gnoll and dwarf skulls.

Just beyond the entrance are what appears to be burned and broken pieces of crates, weapons, and other equipment piled in what must have been a barricade. The wall is now trampled down and proves little hindrance to passing into a dark foul smelling chamber beyond.


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

Karrak readies his dorn-dergar and says a quick prayer to Torag. "Does anyone require light?

I can cast Light on an object if need be, or if everyone has darkvision we can try to be sneaky.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

"Let us not broadcast our presence so readily." and Chitleen draws a small eyedropper from his satchel and delivers a couple of viscous drops to each eye. Clinching his eyes shut in pain for a few moments, when they re-open they are bloodshot and the pupils dilated wider than nature would provide.

Cryptbreaker's Draught for Darkvision 60ft

To Karrak and Daeron "Stay near to Karrak and let him guide you... though if need comes, call upon your light with haste."


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

I would follow your regard my kin. But first my familiar would fly ahead and warn of any apparent dangers.

Daeron gently scoops out his continuously slumbering familiar before whispering a few words and tossing the furball into the air.

He nods ready, bow and arrow in hand.


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

Karrak goes outside and finds a pebble to cast Light on, puts it in a small pouch and gives it to Daeron.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

With an amused smile Daeron accepts the pouch. Addressing the dwarven priest,

Do not concern yourself with provision for light on my behalf, I am capable myself on such matters.


The drowsy bat flitters around the chamber beyond a moment and then into the passage heading deeper under the mountain. In little time, Daeron senses nervousness from his familiar and then that the bat can go no further. A few moments later, Ghema returns.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Sensing Ghema eager to return to his bat-pocket, Daeron cups the creature before placing it within his robes deep recesses.

Needless to say, we should proceed with caution.

With a final gesture, Daeron envelopes himself within a cloak of protective energies.

Cast Mage Armor


|| CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F +9 | R +3 | W +5 || HP 53/59 AC 21/10/21 || Paladin 5 || SR 10 Immune: Fear, Disease

With a shrug at the aerial antics Lockjaw proceeds as soon as it's clear everybody is ready.


The tunnel widens out at this point into a storage area. Anything of value has been looted and little remains now except broken crates marked as your employers' property. An overturned cart lies near a pair of rails that continue deeper into the mountain.

The tunnel is too narrow to allow more than one person at a time comfortably and the walls are shored up by heavy logs at short intervals as the load appears made of poorly sorted boulders and dirt. The dwarves can readily see that this is not the most stable arrangement and many supports show signs of strain.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Chitleen silently beckons for Lockjaw to lead the way, before filing in immediately behind him as they delve deeper...


Lockjaw leads the way followed by Chitleen and then Karrak leading Daeron. Mankato watches the rear. The clatter of the dwarves' armor echoes down the narrow tunnel and moments later the hoarse barking yells of festrogs sound in response. Those with darkvision see a chain of the undead beasts rushing toward them.

Initiative rolls:

Chitleen 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Karrak 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Daeron 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Lockjaw 1d20 ⇒ 2
Mankato 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Festrogs 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
roll off-
Karrak 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
festrog 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Round 1
Chitleen
Daeron
Mankato
Festrogs
Karrak
Lockjaw


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )
Hungry Voodoo wrote:


** spoiler omitted **

Round 1
Chitleen
Daeron
Mankato
Festrogs
Karrak
Lockjaw

I should have an extra +2 initiative when underground from my Tunnel Fighter trait.


check! note that festrog start 50 feet down the passage.

Round 1
Chitleen
Daeron
Mankato
Lockjaw
Festrogs
Karrak


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )
Cap'n Voodoo wrote:

check! note that festrog start 50 feet down the passage.

Round 1
Chitleen
Daeron
Mankato
Lockjaw
Festrogs
Karrak

I think you moved the wrong dwarf up! How wide is the passage at this point? Are we stuck in single file?


D'oh! yep, < 5' wide so single file. you may pass through to the front or back of the queue, but no double occupancy.

Round 1
Chitleen
Daeron
Mankato
Karrak
Festrogs
Lockjaw


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Chitleen pauses to allow the festroog to draw nearer before he acts.

Delay to post Festrog.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Could Daeron fire his bow from the back?

The shuffling movement carries on to Daeron at the back, accompanied by the foul stench of the same undead beasts met at the entrance.

Remembering the light touched stone, Daeron unfurls it and tosses it to the front with a short overarm movement, avoiding any dwarven or elven heads in the way.

These beasts receive succor from the fresh flesh they imbibe. Try as best not to offer them any.

Daeron stands ready, awaiting for the festrogs to close.


|| CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F +9 | R +3 | W +5 || HP 53/59 AC 21/10/21 || Paladin 5 || SR 10 Immune: Fear, Disease

"Oh aye, I'll see to it!"

Yay for going last. Luckily I can't be flat-footed or diseased. Being eaten I am vulnerable to sadly.


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

Seeing the fiends approaching, Karrak says a quick prayer to Torag asking for protection.


Deflection Aura (Su): Once each day, you can emit a 20- foot aura for a number of rounds equal to your cleric level. Allies within the aura gain a +2 deflection bonus to AC and combat maneuver defense.

3 rounds of +2 AC and +2 CMD.


Male Oread Monk HP 27 Init +1; Senses Darkvision; Perception +9 AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7

Can't believe I forgot to buy shuriken. Is there room for me to get up front beside Lockjaw or is it too narrow?

Mankato is looking for room to get up and assist Lockjaw.


Chitleen waits for the creatures to close as Daeron tosses the light stone forward to illuminate the situation. Karrak provides magical warding to his allies as the undead charge forward.

A naked, pustule covered dwarf lopes in on all fours distended jaws covered in a mangy beard. It manages to tear a fleshy chunk from Lockjaw's leg, but the dwarf keeps his feet. Lockjaw-8 bite Four more of the creatures follow, but are unable to squeeze forward to enter the fray.

Round 1
Daeron-x
Karrak-x
Festrogs
(Chitleen, Mankato)
Lockjaw

Note: you will be unable to stand side by side, ranged attacks are possible but will be penalized for firing into combat and soft cover. I won't set up restricted combat that often because I know it's frustrating, but this situation called for it.


Male Oread Monk HP 27 Init +1; Senses Darkvision; Perception +9 AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7

If Mankato was able to get near Lockjaw then he will punch it.

Punch to the head: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 111d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Mankato- you won't be able to attack from the back without a ranged attack. see note above.


Male Oread Monk HP 27 Init +1; Senses Darkvision; Perception +9 AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7

Ok, I missed that part. Read the rest. Sorry.


|| CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F +9 | R +3 | W +5 || HP 53/59 AC 21/10/21 || Paladin 5 || SR 10 Immune: Fear, Disease

Round 1

Status:

HP = 26/34
AC = 25/14/25
SR = 8
Weapon Equipped = Mwk Cold Iron Dwarven Waraxe
Speed = 20'
Lay on Hands/day = 3/3 (1d6)
Smite Evil/day = 1/1 (+2 hit, +3 damage, +2 deflection AC)
Status Effects = None

Lockjaw grunts as the creature takes a chunk out of him.

"I'll hold 'em."

I shall not move.

Attack Defensively.

Mwk Dwarven Waraxe Cold Iron Defensive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 151d10 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

Round 2 action

Karrak cries out "Return to your graves!" as he channels energy to blast the festrogs.

Spoiler:

2d6 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4


Lockjaw returns the favor carving a chunk of flesh from the invigorated festrog with a spray of coagulated blood and puss.
Lockjaw-just realized you're immune to disease so no need to save. Back at the top if Chitleen just wants to go on round 2, but can move before Lockjaw if he wishes. Otherwise, Round 2.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Daeron stays in place, before drawing his bow and firing at the lead festrog. He chooses an acute angle as to avoid the throng of people infront, sending the arrow over dwarf's heads and elven shoulders.

ranged attack into melee: 1d1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 PS feat and PBS factored in
damage: 1d1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9


alright, i don't think Chitleen will mind me moving along. he's got plenty of bombs to throw.

bomb toss 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
damage 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3) + 4 = 11

Chitleen tosses a bomb into the middle of the line and a feral undead beast screams as it burns out of existence. Those in front and behind are badly burned by alkhahest as well. Daeron fires an arrow into the face of the beast savaging Lockjaw and then a burst of holy energy washes over all leaving two undead destroyed and two badly wounded.

The surviving festrogs rush forward hungrily. A severely burned beast lunges at Lockjaw, but its broken jaws fail to find living flesh.

Round 2
Chitleen-x
Daeron-x
Karrak-x
Festrogs-x
Lockjaw
Mankato


Male Oread Monk HP 27 Init +1; Senses Darkvision; Perception +9 AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7

Mankato apologizes that he did not think to bring any ranged weapons while he is stuck in the back.


|| CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F +9 | R +3 | W +5 || HP 53/59 AC 21/10/21 || Paladin 5 || SR 10 Immune: Fear, Disease

Round 2

Status:

HP = 26/34
AC = 25/14/25
SR = 8
Weapon Equipped = Mwk Cold Iron Dwarven Waraxe
Speed = 20'
Lay on Hands/day = 3/3 (1d6)
Smite Evil/day = 1/1 (+2 hit, +3 damage, +2 deflection AC)
Status Effects = None

"What in Torag's name was thet?"

Lockjaw squints in the face of the bomb blast but continues to hold the line.

Mwk Dwarven Waraxe Cold Iron Defensive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 231d10 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 212d10 + 6 ⇒ (8, 8) + 6 = 22


well that was a bomb blast of its own aand about 29 hp of gratuitous damage... :P

Lockjaw halves the critically wounded festrog and Chitleen encourages Mankato to fill the resultant hole at the front.


Male Oread Monk HP 27 Init +1; Senses Darkvision; Perception +9 AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7

Mankato moves to the front and swings his fist.

Punch to the head: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 221d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Mankato sees an opening as Lockjaw's foe falls and the monk springs forward to destroy another wounded festrog.

alright, two left for Daeron and Karrak.


Round 3
Chitleen
Daeron
Karrak
Festrogs
Lockjaw
Mankato

1,751 to 1,800 of 4,080 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hungry Voodoo's Mines of Zolurket All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.