Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Hungry Voodoo's Mines of Zolurket (Inactive)

Game Master voodoo chili

In 4121 AR, the desert dwarves of the Barrier Wall Mountains sealed the famed Tar-Urkatha mine abruptly, saying only that one of the richest platinum mines in history had played out. Nearly six centuries later, the truth rises from the darkness.


1,651 to 1,700 of 4,080 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>

Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

:P - given our luck with Dwarven assistance perhaps their beards might have the same entrail consumption plan.

Chitleen calls out to the bear-like bearded dwarves clearly "Hail Sons of Torag... and companion. What brings you this deep into the mountains?"


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

If we have mules I would like to at least get some tents. Is this mine we are going to the famous Mine of Zolurket? Or are there several of them?

(Earlier)To the stony looking man."Hail, brother. Where do you come from?"

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Using Lorekeeper I get a +3 for dwarf-related knowledge and can do this untrained

Do we know of the other party? I assume we don't have reason to be suspicious of anybody.

"Greetings, friends. Come share our fire. There are foul creatures about and perhaps we could travel together for a time."


|| CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F +9 | R +3 | W +5 || HP 53/59 AC 21/10/21 || Paladin 5 || SR 10 Immune: Fear, Disease

"Improvin' wit da weather, what're ye on about? All I'm gettin' is wet!"

Lockjaw grouses as the weather continues.

"Don't get cold underground, I tell ye that. We should'a circled back and took them gnolls out. Damn blighters."

****************************

"What's this? Yer invitin' strangers to camp out here? Damned fool boy, gonna get us kilt."

Lockjaw readies his axe and eyes the newcomers warily.

"Who ye be and what ye be doing here?"


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

To Lockjaw:
"You want to run into those gnolls by ourselves our maybe get some help from these guys?"


Male Oread Monk HP 27 Init +1; Senses Darkvision; Perception +9 AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7

I am from Mount Osiki area. My family worked the ground and raised goats. I learned a lot of what I have decided to do with my life when we would trade goats and their milk with the monks that lived in the valley near us. And you? Where might you be traveling from?

Changed a sponge for med tent and cold weather outfit. I also am getting paranoid. I check and recheck my posts to make sure use character but is there something that will cause them to change? I made sure last post was from Mankato as I am watching the posts to make sure now.

=====

Greetings, may we inquire as to why you travel this pass? A couple of days ago, the pass was blocked by a huge party of gnolls.


sure, tents are fine. Gravlet didn't mention another party heading to Zolurket.
Unless you say smurf, your alias shouldn't change.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Chitleen considers responding in riddles to the unwashed mound of dwarven flesh but the events of the last few days had left him desirous of rest and most of the puck-ish thoughts fade. Smiling a moment before offering a guarded bow "I am Chitleen Shudra, and at present I travel. Do you have a name good dwarf? or should I furnish you with one?"

To the stranger stranger Chitleen adds "I travel this way because I am paid to do so." white teeth bared in an obfuscating smile.


Male Oread Monk HP 27 Init +1; Senses Darkvision; Perception +9 AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7

This sounds like a flighty person who likes to speak around questions. As do we. We were caught in a storm and delayed upon our travels.

Mankato scratches his head in attempt to figure out if there is some hidden meaning in this encounter. Is it another test or just random chance?


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

"Excellent good, we have established that we are all travelers who are traveling." turning to deliver a surreptitious wink to Daeron beside him "See brother, what progress we make... and what a surprise to meet other travelers travelling when I though that we might be to only ones who travel this way... truly this shall make a tale worthy of remembrance." tone somewhat jovial as he clearly knows that both parties are playing cards close to their chest.

With an impish twinkle to his eye and a hint of a smile "I feel aggrieved for I have offered a name and have not yet had one returned..." pregnant pause hanging in the air and waiting for it to be filled.


Male Oread Monk HP 27 Init +1; Senses Darkvision; Perception +9 AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7

I am Mankato. I am pleased to make your acquaintance. We were just recently given a job that required this direction. Just a little bit of clearing out some squatters.

Mankato gives a slight bow of his head. He awaits upon his companions to act now.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Progress indeed. I too would not expect we were fortunate enough to be sitting on an important route and after listening to this polite person with almost same purpose. I would be called Daeron. Would you happen to be under the employ of a pair of rather rough dwarves to busy yourselves coming this way?

Daeron stands looking at the non-elf, non dwarf, curious .


|| CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F +9 | R +3 | W +5 || HP 53/59 AC 21/10/21 || Paladin 5 || SR 10 Immune: Fear, Disease

"Eh, have it yer way, take a load off."

Lockjaw puts his axe down and goes back to watching the darkness.

"Since we're bein' friendly like you can call me Stoneshield."

I don't like that one. Talks too much.


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

Earlier, to Mankato:
"I am from ..." a loud gust of wind makes it difficult to hear. "I was trained in the temple but I've always wanted to see more of the world, so I volunteered to find out more about the rumors of platinum from the old mines."

I will read up in Dwarves of Golarion and figure out where he is from. Or someone could suggest a place. I figure one of the bigger dwarven cities/strongholds.

To the elves:
"I am Karrak Ironhand, a priest of Torag. We were hired by a dwarf named Truther. Do you know him?"


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Truther? Perhaps he spoke less desirably as his namesake as his name is unfamiliar. Nevertheless if your goals would be with regards to an old abandoned platinum mine, it would be concurrent to our own. Have you a way to communicate with your employer?

Replying back to the priest of Torag, Daeron listens to the reply with earnest.


Male Oread Monk HP 27 Init +1; Senses Darkvision; Perception +9 AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7

Mankato builds the fire up and invites the elves over to it as discussion about the mine begins.


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

"I don't." (Looks to the others.)

Karrak decides to get down to business with Daeron since his turbaned companion is being so cryptic.

"Do you have the same mission? I am afraid there is more to this than we have been told. Mayhaps our paths and purpose may run together in this."


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Chitleen moves closer but ensures that he takes a seat where all are before him and his back is to the wild. A stray gust takes the particular scent of the Stoneshield towards him and it takes a great deal of fortitude to restrict himself to a mere wrinkling of his well trained nose. As he lets Daeron speak of their intent, he attempts to surreptitiously draw an attar from his satchel so as to cleanse his olfactory palate.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

I would not broach the subject casually so, as our goals concern with a lost hold of your kind. Our late dwarf berserker grew easily incensed were we elves spoke too casually of the matter. Hence, would you clarify your intent and perhaps invite we elves into assistance, then your mission would naturally coincide with ours.

Daeron sits nearer to the flames, upwind lest the smoke irritates his eyes.


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

Sensing that Daeron is speaking in good faith...

We were tasked with ridding the mine of some gnolls and the ghost of a dwarven miner. Would that relate to your mission? And if may be so bold, what happened to the berserker you speak of?


|| CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F +9 | R +3 | W +5 || HP 53/59 AC 21/10/21 || Paladin 5 || SR 10 Immune: Fear, Disease

"'e probably went 'zerking off into a storm. Can't trust them 'zerkers, they be crazy and no ways 'round it. Stink like you wouldn't believe too."

Lockjaw casually leans over while saying this.

"Now yer a priest o' Torag so I'll let ye know a secret. Paladins ye can trust. 'zerkers you just aim at the enemy and follow after."

With that the hairy dwarf begins braying like one of the mules.

"Follow...after. Heh heh. Now, ye say yer here fer clearin' a mine and yer last dwarf got prickly butted o'er yer pointy ears, but let me tell ye I've no such problems. Don't care about yer ears one way t'other, long as yer word is good. If it ain't we got a problem."

Lockjaw casts a gimlet eye over the pair.

Detect Evil

"But ye seem like fair and honest folk so let's have none of that talk. Whew, you smell that?"


Male Oread Monk HP 27 Init +1; Senses Darkvision; Perception +9 AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7

Seems as if our group is now better prepared for surprises. I am pleased to make your aquaintance. Is there any information you could share with us? We had to backtrack to here because of a large camp of gnolls in our way. The freak storm caught us here while trying to figure out a way around.

Mankato sits easily on the ground. He seems to move in a fluid manner. He has just a cold weather outfit on at the moment. He seems to almost be uninterested in what is going on.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

With the grin of a cheshire cat Chitleen assures the Stoneshield "Of course good dwarf, I can assure you that my words are most carefully chosen." giving a slight nod of his head before his expression becomes more pensive "You are sure that he who has employed you thus made no mention of other parties? .... and was it but a single party with which you spoke.... and not perhaps two dwarves sharing in a single endeavor?"


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

Karrak does his best to describe his benefactor to the elves.

Perception:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


The elves, dwarves, and Dolomite confer and conclude that the well dressed dwarf is indeed the one and only Gravlet Truther. You're not sure why he didn't mention his partner, but perhaps he figured it wasn't important at the time.


Male Oread Monk HP 27 Init +1; Senses Darkvision; Perception +9 AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7

As it seems we are on the same mission, what should we do about the gnoll encampment? Seemed like too many to do a frontal assault unless you two have some way to quickly even the odds.

Mankato attempts to recall all he saw and pass it along to the elves.


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

It seems best to me to avoid this group and worry about the ones in the mine, unless they turn out to be the same.

Not sure what common knowledge I have of this race. Would a lawful good priest go around attacking them?


Karrak- i don't think there would be any spiritual repercussions for attacking a mob of chaotic evil Lamashtu worshipers. physically, possibly.


Male Oread Monk HP 27 Init +1; Senses Darkvision; Perception +9 AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7

The raiding party was in our path. Is there another way that will work without slowing us down too much or is the raiding party camped in our way?


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

"Whilst bypass would appear to be the method of most expedience... I cannot help but think that leaving such a threat at our back would not be helpful if we had sudden need to flee... Do you know of what strength the camp contains?"


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

Shall we scout it out again?

Who is the sneakiest?


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Although with present number gives confidence to chance of success, I am aware of our remoteness and such loath to attack such a large encampment if unless necessity dictates. I would give my council to find ways to bypass the encampment. If needed, a diversion to draw the gnolls away?

Daeron relaxes a little, hearing of his current employer playing his hand on the arrival of present company.


Male Oread Monk HP 27 Init +1; Senses Darkvision; Perception +9 AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7

I agree. I can't help but think that if it was a band meant to make swift strikes then maybe it has a few patrols. That would allow us a way to then the numbers. The biggest and ugliest ones do not look like they will go down easily and unless they have a large amount of supplies then would have kept moving or sent someone out to get food.

I only have +5 Stealth


Karrak Ironhand wrote:
Shall we scout it out again? Who is the sneakiest?

there's no rogue so either Mankato or Chitleen is the next best thing.


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )
Hungry Voodoo wrote:
Karrak Ironhand wrote:
Shall we scout it out again? Who is the sneakiest?
there's no rogue so either Mankato or Chitleen is the next best thing.

Mankato should blend into the rocks, right?


|| CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F +9 | R +3 | W +5 || HP 53/59 AC 21/10/21 || Paladin 5 || SR 10 Immune: Fear, Disease

Lockjaw hawks and spits.

"Cares about the gnolls? We're clearing a mine, gnolls are probably mobile and strong. Don't like 'em at our backs but don't see as we've a choice in the matter."

Or we could kill gnolls. They're evil, sure.

"But yeah, we can kill gnolls."


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Gauging the strength of this gnoll pack would also better prepare us on means to defeat should it prove necessary. But should a reconnoitre be needed, I would willingly go and see for my self.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

"Well, we should look to the gnolls upon the morrow. If they remain then we have cause for concern... if they are not then we can continue on to the mines themselves."


Male Oread Monk HP 27 Init +1; Senses Darkvision; Perception +9 AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7

I am not the quietest person but I don't clank around much. If need be then if were closer today then I could try to get close enough to see during the night. I would be just looking to see if there were any fires. Not sure if the gnolls can see at night or if they work off their noses.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

"Daylight... for then we need not draw as close to discern their disposition"


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

I'm not sure about the gnolls but I bet those hyenas can smell us coming. I say wait until morning and I will pray to Torag for guidance.

If we camp for the night, I would like to use Know the Enemy (cleric level 1 spell, UM) the next day. It gives +10 on knowledge checks. Not sure how that works with trained/untrained...my knowledge skills don't seem relevant (religion, planes, arcana).


The group of unlikely allies determines that morning might offer more advantages than night. You rest well and arise ready to see what obstacles lie ahead. Karrak prays to Torag for guidance.

Karrak- Knowledge (local) is used for humanoids. Seeing that the knowledge is divine and all, I'll consider it trained. Give me a roll.


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

Spells Prepared:

Level 0:
Spark
Stabilize
Light
Guidance

Level 1:
Prot. from Evil (Domain slot)
Know the Enemy (used)
Command
Remove Sickness

Level 2:
Align Weapon(Domain slot) EDITED
Spiritual Weapon
Summon Monster II

question for GM:

I just noticed Shield Other (domain spell) says I need 2 50 gp platinum rings. Do I need to track components like that? And if so, can I assume that I had those already and deduct the price from my cash?

Torag, grant your servant knowledge that we may face our enemies.

Knowledge(local) 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18


Karrak:
yes, foci like that need to be tracked. just assume you bought them. Divine knowledge fills Karrak's mind as if he had known of this foul band of gnolls all his life. The Spotted Hide tribe is considered one of the biggest hazards of this region. They are a matriarchy dedicated to the demon queen, Lamashtu. The females of the tribe are all worshipers and 'gifted' with monstrous size and strength as well as other unholy powers.
The males are slaves used for labor and occasionally for breeding, but have little value otherwise. Many flee the horrid females and form their own small bands that raid the unwary when they aren't hiding from the monstrous dominatrices of their race
.


|| CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F +9 | R +3 | W +5 || HP 53/59 AC 21/10/21 || Paladin 5 || SR 10 Immune: Fear, Disease

Lockjaw wakes in the morning, refreshed and looking forward to a day of killing. Noticing a clean patch on his face he takes the time to rub some dirt on it.

"Well boy, what'd he tell ya? Kill me some gnolls? Heh."

With a chuckle at Karrak's prayers the filthy paladin continues his own form of devotion.

Remember when I was that young? Nah, me neither.


Dwarf Cleric 5 (HP 35 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +7 | R +5 | W +9 | Init +4* | Per +4* )

Karrak arises from his prayers and passes on what he has learned.

The Spotted Hide gnoll tribe is a matriarchy devoted to Lamashtu. The females have monstrous size an strength and other unholy powers. The males are considered slave labor and sometimes form their own raiding powers when they can escape.

I guess we are ready to scout them out from a distance.


The unseasonable storm is just a memory as you leave the pass after a few increasingly clear and temperate days. You quickly descend through the pines and find a concealed place to spy on the canyon where the Spotted Hide tribe was encamped.

Whatever brought them to the place, it seems their business is now concluded as you find only trampled ground and spilled blood around a shrine with the corpses of six male gnolls mutilated in ways that make you cover your crotch reflexively.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Chuckling "It would seem that the gnolls have done most of our work for us." he gives the corpses a cursory inspection before noting "Shall we continue?"


|| CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F +9 | R +3 | W +5 || HP 53/59 AC 21/10/21 || Paladin 5 || SR 10 Immune: Fear, Disease

K. Religion: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

"Yer quick to move on lad, ye nay think this is important? They're killin' six here in some dark rite and I'm thinkin' they got the numbers to not miss 'em. Could be somethin' learnt."

Lockjaw examines the site in order to determine what happened and why. Unable to determine what was going on he stands back up and spits in disgust.

"Bah, filthy creatures. Gonna take me days to get their stench outta me nose."


Male Oread Monk HP 27 Init +1; Senses Darkvision; Perception +9 AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7

I hope that it was just a sacrifice to survive the storm and nothing more.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Pointing pointedly to the lack of augmentation in the sub abdominal groin region Chitleen adds "Mayhap the rite was a little more involved than that... though not all is negative sahib. It would seem that the gnolls are emasculating themselves... rather than needing ourselves to do so for them"

1,651 to 1,700 of 4,080 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hungry Voodoo's Mines of Zolurket All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.