Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Hungry Voodoo's Mines of Zolurket (Inactive)

Game Master voodoo chili

In 4121 AR, the desert dwarves of the Barrier Wall Mountains sealed the famed Tar-Urkatha mine abruptly, saying only that one of the richest platinum mines in history had played out. Nearly six centuries later, the truth rises from the darkness.


1,451 to 1,500 of 4,080 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>

Dwarf Cleric 2

What is Tararr's HP status? I believe only Chitleen and Tararr have taken any damage?


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

HP 16/22 Fort 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Tararr attempts to follow Chitleen's words, but is unable to hear over all the screeching and beating of leathery wings.

Haha, these must be CR10 bats, lol. Swarms always an under rated, but formidable opponent.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Swarms are always hugely hit or miss as far as challenge. If you've an AoE caster (or a bomb thrower that can actually hit the broad side of a barn) then they go down easy. If you don't... then world of hurt ensues... especially when it's a flying swarm you can't outpace.


The number of bats decrease with distance and the remaining mass centers on Tararr as the others flee to safety.
Tararr- 5 hp+1 bleed, DC 11 distraction

Chitleen
Daeron
Round 7
Surak
Tararr
BATS!


Dwarf Cleric 2

Surak pauses long enough for Tararr to catch up, and touches his arm before running back towards the campfire.

Spontaneous CLW, replacing murderous command: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Round 6: 13/15 HP, 3 alkahest used

Now clear of the swarm, Chitleen is able to focus on acting against it. He spins and advances to within throwing distance and unleashes his third acidic missile...

Alkahest: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 1 = 20 for 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 which should be a solid 9 after the extra 50% to swarms


Free of the multitude of whirling and biting bats, Chitleen finally bull's eyes his grenade and the swarm around Tararr disperses leaving scattered charred bodies that crunch beneath his feet.

Ominously, you still hear chirping and flittering sounds from the dark silhouette of the tower, but for the moment you are able to treat your wounds.


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

"That was not something I expected to be findin' that place, now, hahaha." Tararr says as little rivulets of blood trickle from his many bites.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Chitleen slowly stalks back to the others, eyeing the dead bats on the ground warily. He looks to the tower then back to his companions "So.... do we feel lucky?"


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

I would place preparedness more highly than luck, my kin. Or the mules should serve as fodder for the bats would they hunger still.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

"So the question becomes do we linger long enough for the larger residents to return? Or do we make ourselves scarce from this place and seek refuge West?"


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

"I suspect 'hat we aren't gonna be gettin' loose of this fella very easily. Them bats of his 'ill likely hound us all along this trip. Take care of him and his buddies here an' now. Let's burn his place down and crush him as he comes out the door."


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

"If you wish to risk it good dwarf, then I will stand at your shoulder... though back a few paces."

Chitleen is good to give it a shot.


Dwarf Cleric 2

Surak nods. "It would seem we have taken up with monsters."


Not put off by a bunch flippity-floppity little blood sucking pests, Tararr leads the way back across the bridge toward the dark form of the tower which the dwarf sees, is still surrounded by a cloud of bats.


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

"We really got 'em goin' up there, boys. How you wanna approach this?"


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Given that I'm the only character that can realistically affect swarms - I'm down to only two bombs left...

"If there is another pack of bats akin to the last, then I fear I will not have the acid today to disperse them..."


Dwarf Cleric 2

"The swarms we can't do much about, there are simply too many of them. But the man-bats...I'm sure they bleed just as the were-jackals did. Perhaps we can draw them away from the tower when they return?"

He keeps a careful watch of the sky, and listens for the flying bat-men, crossbow at the ready.


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

"Hmmmmm, think them fellas are watchin' us now?", Tararr says looking around.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Chitleen shakes his head "No, I would imagine they would have come upon us as we slew their children if they were still here... retreat will allow us to refresh ourselves and perhaps Daeron would be able to recall words of power that are of more use?"

Though checking his sheet - he doesn't have burning hands...


You keep a wary watch on the tower through out the night and eventually the bats return to their roost as the sky lightens over the eastern hills, but Chitleen sees no further activity in the upper part of the tower.


Dwarf Cleric 2

"Ahh...well, hopefully the small bats will not be as much of a threat during the day."

Surak ponders. "Can we automatically consider the bat-men evil who must be stopped? They seemed to trade fairly with us last night for food, and did not attack us in the night. We were attacked by the normal bats they may keep as pets, but only when we invaded their lair when they were not present. Perhaps we should approach them first during the day and try to speak to them and find out their true nature? If we simply attack them with no true reason, we cannot call ourselves a force of good fighting evil."


Dwarf Cleric 2

Was anyone still injured before we started our watch? I can burn my remaining channel if necessary or even cast a CLW before I pray for new spells in the morning.


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

Hit me up with that last one, Surak. I am carrying a couple of points of damage still.


Dwarf Cleric 2

Channel to heal the group: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Chitleen smiles gamely "Ah, a question of philosophy. I would have no answer of certainty one way or another Surak. Similarly I would not seek to pose the question of their guided or unguided assault is worthy of revenging... though we must also wonder what the thoughts of the greater bats will be when they return to find we have slaughtered their children or pets."


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

"They're powerful 'nough to live out here with the gnolls and powerful enough to cause us trouble. I says we burn their roost down and be done with it. I made that bastard a promise an' I intend ta keep it."


Dwarf Cleric 2

"I take no issue with killing those who deserve it. But if we murder haphazardly, we cannot call ourselves heroes. Tararr...you may be rash, but in your heart you are a good person. While your actions get ahead of your intentions sometimes, I know that ultimately you are a good person; we have battled enough evils together in the last few years for me never to doubt that."


As you consider your options, the sun rises over the hills spreading light over the valley and ruined tower. Still you see no sign of either occupation of the tower or a return of the Shabha clan.


Dwarf Cleric 2

Surak begins his morning rituals, which seem to involve periods of meditation interspersed with various drills with a bastard sword.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Chitleen spends a small time renewing his tinctures before contemplating the tower. He awaits Surak being free from his meditations before posing "I would tend to flight in this instance... but I fear what they would be capable of if they came upon us in the night unprepared and unready for them."


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Egads! - that Sabha's have returned and taken my companions already, replacing them with statues that bear their likeness... but have no soul or breath within them.


Dwarf Cleric 2

"If they do not return by mid-day, we should move on. They may be more scared of us than we are of them."


A determined Tararr spends the morning piling up scrub inside the entrance of the tower. There is no sign of the family you saw the prior evening as Tararr lights the thicket and soon the tower fills with smoke, killing or dispersing the remaining bats.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Chitleen assists in part, but mostly watches as Tararr is hard at work. When the bats appear to moved on, he regards the interior questioningly... wondering if it is now safe to enter...


Dwarf Cleric 2

Crossbow ready, Surak looks with Chitleen, trying to see if it's safe to explore yet.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


The thick gray smoke pouring out of the tower subsides eventually so that you can explore. The cool dark musty interior of the tower is now hot and smokey. Inside you crunch across a carpet of acrid guano and charred bats. The pair of goats are long dead.

Upstairs, you find a barren room open to the sky. A lean-to with sleeping pallets lies off to the side and there is a fire pit, but little else.


Dwarf Cleric 2

Surak examines the goats to see if they show puncture wounds or other signs that the batfolk were bleeding them for sustenance.

Heal: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


The goats are more roasted than charred and indeed Surak finds numerous small puckered wounds on the goats mainly about their necks.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Picking over the cinders Chitleen shrugs "There is nothing remaining now... if we meet the others along the way then so be it. We must just remain vigilant to their return. Should we for the mine once more or have you more questions for the dead and burned?"


Dwarf Cleric 2

"They seem to have been using these goats as their blood supply, so at least it seems they may not be preying on people constantly."

"Indeed, lets show this place our backs."


Morning has passed by the time you finish with the tower and are ready to travel. Beyond the tower, the trail moves upward into the mountains though not too steeply yet as it follows a broad canyon. Evening comes sooner than you would like since you got a late start today and you must decide whether to push on or look for a camp site.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Looking around at the walls of the canyon Chitleen muses out loud "If the Sabha come then the canyon might restrict their movement... shall we make camp?"

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 Checking for a likely spot as well as sign of predators.


Dwarf Cleric 2

"I suppose only a few of us can see in the dark, so this is probably a good place to stop. Everyone is certainly quiet today..."

Survival: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


You find an elevated spot beneath a pair of stately sycamores that looks suitable. The mules are tied off and camp set as you finish off the rest of the roasted goat.

Percep DC 10:
You are just getting ready to retire when you hear a noise up canyon.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 What sort of noise?

With a hiss Chitleen picks up the noise and snaps his head towards the mouth of the chasm. His hand goes to his satchel to retrieve his tincture of sight.


Dwarf Cleric 2

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

"What's is it Chitleen? Did you see something?"


Chitleen hears a cobble roll as if kicked by a heavy boot and the faint rattle of chains.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Whispering to Surak, Chitleen informs "Boots and chains come near" before applying the painful tincture to his eyes and blinking as the darkness is no longer a barrier to his sight.

Cryptbreaker's Draught - for Darkvision 60ft


Dwarf Cleric 2

Surak nods, and quietly readies his crossbow, scanning for threats.

1,451 to 1,500 of 4,080 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hungry Voodoo's Mines of Zolurket All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.