Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Hungry Voodoo's Mines of Zolurket (Inactive)

Game Master voodoo chili

In 4121 AR, the desert dwarves of the Barrier Wall Mountains sealed the famed Tar-Urkatha mine abruptly, saying only that one of the richest platinum mines in history had played out. Nearly six centuries later, the truth rises from the darkness.


101 to 150 of 4,080 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Chitleen gestures as he states "I would be glad to accompany Cortos on the journey.... for fair recompense of any recovered artefacts and valuables of course" smiling wide.

Hungry Voodoo:
Can I use appraise to get a value of the noqual crystals I've palmed? - or is that outside my realm of business expertise?
Appraise: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


"I am sound to march, Sir," Shirish answers. "Any assistance that you can lend to us will be much appreciated."

I don't believe I have trail rations.

Grand Lodge

"Ye need tie me downs ta get me ta stay," Jerrand says folding his arms across his chest. "Glory do be waiting we shuild makes fir this outpost ta night."

Var wrote:


I can provide you with water and rations.

"Long as it no be dried goat meat." the dwarf says with a cringe.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

"I have few possessions that need be gathered, so can be made ready for travel in but a moment"


Var smiles broadly, "I can provide a week of rations each if you need it. Nothing fancy- dried beef and unleavened bread. Not much better than goat, I'm sure Jerrand, but it will get you through. If anyone can produce water, that will lighten your load otherwise you'll have to haul it. If you're ready to go tonight: well the sooner, the better. You ought to have good moonlight, but if needed, the Wayfinder can be used for light as well."


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

It would interest me to join such an expedition. I have my skills on the arcane arts as well as some extended knowledge of lore to lend to the group. Let me see to my preparations as I doubt a tomb would be nearby civilization.

I think Jerrand can cast create water at will, but I think Daeron would not consider to rely on that before he's chummy with him. He'll carry as many waterskins as strength would allow.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Playful smile teasing the corner of his mouth, as though he finds something inwardly amusing "I do not believe we need fear the darkness.... nay, most of us would find more comfort within it, yes?" from his intonation it is clear that he includes himself as one at comfort in the dark.


"So far as I am aware, moonlight does not reflect of my flesh," Shirish replies, "and I've no need of light to track. I can hardly claim to be the greatest guide, but if I am allowed to lead, it is highly unlikely that we will be lost," she offers.

Shirish smirks and looks to Cortos, "Unless it is feared that I will freeze up at the slightest breeze."


Dwarf Barbarian 2

Bah, I was only jokin', lady, don't be so hard on yourself. Cortos finishes eating, and speaks again. Then it's settled: we will leave for the mines tomorrow. But I'd rather not take the "artifacts" we found there, unless our own life is at stake... I won't go into the mine just to raid and sell what I found at the markets. I have beaten a gnoll's ass for that, would be shameful to do it myself.


Cortos the Unbroken wrote:
Then it's settled: we will leave for the mines tomorrow.

Var looks oddly at Cortos, "Where have you been? Busy slurping down the goat stew and not listening it appears."

He turns to the rest, "So you leave immediately for the Shrine of the Black Sphinx? Darkvision won't help you spot the black sand, but the moonlight should help with that. I reckon the black sands are spillover from old Geb's attacks on Nex. Where ever they come from, they tend to attract the Sandstalkers we met this evening. Make sure you never bury anyone there either. Now let me grab some equipment for you."

being skimpy with .5 gallons water/day- a week of rations and water will still be ~35 lbs.
Note: looks like everyone has > Str 11 so you should be OK.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

"It would appear that is the case. Excuse me a moment." bowing before leaving the room for a few minutes.

When he returns Chitleen has an unstrung bow and quiver over his shoulder and is garbed in black leather armour with dull metal studs adorning the surface. He has also changed his red turban for a tighter black one without any adornment. A sizable satchel bag hangs at his side.

Grand Lodge

"I do be ready," the dwarf states filling his mug one last time before draining it quickly.

*Burp*

"Et's be off din."

OOC:
Although first rest period he will need to pray for 15 minutes to fill that open slot just in case.


Once everyone has gathered their equipment and Var has distributed rations and water skins, you are ready to depart. Var hands Shirish the wayfinder and looks upon you all with undisguised envy. "Ah well, see what becomes of success? You end up coordinating things and watching others have all the fun. Best of luck and don't get anyone killed. This Black Sphinx sounds like some kind of dangerous spirit or whatever it is."

With that you head into the night and the cooling sands of the desert as the iron gate slams shut behind you.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Daeron checks his newly added rations for the journey. Pulling out his quarterstaff and leaning onto it, he waits for the holder of the Wayfinder to start the way, carefully placing himself second last in the marching order.

A full stomach and a long way ahead, the start of adventure..


thanks. marching order would be good. It's open desert so you needn't be single file unless you're going all Tusken Raider or something ; )


Shirish accepts the wayfinder and handles it as a treasure. As they leave the compound, Shirish stops, and pulls her shield out in front of her before addressing the group.

"It is likely I have the greatest pair of eyes. I will lead at a short distance, would not wish to get too far from the healer, or the bulk of the group should we happen along this black sand? her voice is somewhat hesitant on the last, not having heard of the phenomenon. "Have any of you an idea what that is, so I might watch for it better?"


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Knowledge(Nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Daeron slightly cocks his head, that usually helps him to recall previously read history. Though the goat stew was getting to him, giving a slight feel of bloatedness, disrupting his train of thought.


Dwarf Barbarian 2

I can stay behind, watchin' your backs. Just leave a clear line of sight between me and the enemies we find, so I can charge at them better.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Chitleen would range ahead with Shirish, so as to help her watch the road ahead

Said with a playful simpleness "I would imagine that the black sand is sand that is black.... should be easy enough to find"


Information about the black sands would be knowledge local. So it doesn't look like the group knows much about it.

Travel through the dunes is difficult as the sand shifts underfoot and every step requires effort. The wayfinder guides you south and even without it, the moonlight reveals the sandy dimples of Jawad's passage that have yet to be erased by the wind.

You trudge through the night and at dawn you see that you are drawing near the Trackless Storm that swirls darkly directly ahead. You make camp for the day and rest as best you can in the bright light.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Feeling awkward resting at day, Daeron sips his waterskin, taking his best to savor the liquid in every corner of his mouth before swallowing it. He observes his party mates, curious if his Sand dwelling kin would put the kettle on and brew some of his mysterious chai concoction that he favors so.

Would this be a good moment have a brew and put the kettle on, friend Chitleen? I would be interested to see how you prepare the drink you call chai, as I have read much about it.

Daeron would volunteer for the last watch so he could prepare his spells before heading out.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

"I would be honored to prepare chai, but alas I believe the environs are not conducive" waving his arm to regard the sand that surrounds them. "To infuse the essence of the leaf, the water must be close to boiling, and I see naught of fuel to make a fire.... unless you can heat the water through arcane means?"

For watches, Chitleen is happy to either go first, or split the needle and take the middle watch.


I think Daeron is the only one that requires a rest period for spells. So what about Chitleen, Shirish, Cortos, Jerrand, Daeron for watch order? just for reference.

The day passes uneventfully and as the sun ebbs in the west, you once again resume your journey southward through the night toward the Trackless Storm. The wind picks up near dawn and the rising sun to the east is dingy with the clouds of gray sand that scud against the sky nearby. Wild gusts pelt you with grit now and then, but the worst of the storm appears farther south and east.

As you clear yet another dune you see the encampment ahead. An half-dozen tents are arranged in a circle, most of them either flattened or with their remaining shreds of hide dancing on skeletal tent poles. To the west stands a blocky stone building nearly buried in the sand except for the massive metal doors which remain slightly ajar.


Shirish will take watch in the hottest part of the day, to spare any others the most tedious watch. So noonish watch.

"Remain here," Shirish says to the others. "I will range ahead, and discover if there are any living within. It is unlikely that I will be discovered."


Unlikely to be discovered because scale mail is so sneaky? ; ) ranger danger- give me stealth and perception checks.

Grand Lodge

Watch order is fine with me. Are they 2 hours each?

Jerrand didn't mind the traveling so much and if he did he figured keeping quiet, while marching at night, better than voicing a grudge and possibly drawing dangerous attention to the group.

When the group stops and finds a place to rest he does grumble, as he worries about getting sand in his blankets and not being able to sleep.

Moments later...

"ZZZZzzzz..."

"ZZZZzzzz..."

Typical he was just complaining to have something to do before bed.


Hey, I got a positive modifier to stealth even with my armor. That makes me better than the typical bandit. :P

Shirish Stealth 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 BO-YAH! ABOVE 10!
Shirish Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Shirish nears the tents and finds herself beset by a pair of spider-like creatures the size of hyenas with oversized claws. Their tan-gray color making them difficult to spot in the weak morning light. They jostle against each other in their rush to capture live prey sparing Shirish for the moment.

Initiative rolls:

Chitleen 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Cortos 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Daeron 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Jerrand 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Shirish 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Bugs 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Rnd 1.
Jerrand
Chitleen
Bugs
Daeron
Cortos
Shirish

map.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Round 1:

Cursing his exposed position towards the front of the party, Chitleen draws his talwar, taking up a defensive position.

Move action to draw and standard to go total defence - for AC of 20 this round

Grand Lodge

OOC:
WoW Jerrand gets to go first!? How strange. Nothing to do but move in. Also wanted you to know I updated spells for a new day. Took create water in place of mending and endure elements (jic) in the open slot

Jerrand rushes forward his short legs not able to get him into the fight, but close enough to soon help.

"Bah! That lass do be gettin' in mire trouble dan a gobo." He says as he huffs along.

Actions - double move to F-7


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Map wasn't up when I posted - can I add a 5ft step to K,6?


Dwarf Barbarian 2

NOT THIS AGAIN! Shirish, get away from there!
Cortos charges at the creatures with his axe over his head.
I start raging and charge at the spider in D4.
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 171d12 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Looks familiar, different enemies. What manner of creatures are those?

Knowledge(Nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Daeron drops his quarterstaff before drawing his bow and firing a lone arrow at the creature to the woman's right.

ranged attack: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 3 - 4 = 15
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3


At the first sign of danger the War Priest reacts with uncommon alacrity and trudges forward through the sand. Chitleen stays back wary of further threats.

The bugs divide up with the appearance of more food. The one on Shirish gouges her leg with a claw Shirish should have totally healed up with Jerrrand’s asst the previous day. She now take 7 damage. The other rushes forward and scratches the dwarf’s shoulder with its spiny claw. Jerrand-2 hp.

Daeron’s bowshot whizzes past Shirish striking the arachnid as Cortos charges faster than you’ve ever seen a dwarf move and crushes the bug.

Daeron:
The creature is a Solifugid sometimes called a windscorpion or camel spider. They are related to scorpions and spiders, but non-venomous relying on grasping claws and their savage bite to kill prey.

Rnd 1.
Shirish
Round 2.
Jerrand
Chitleen
Bug

map.


Yeah, that is what I was waiting for, and as a GM myself and a player, I don't really like scatter combat posts.

Shirish draws her longsword as a move action, five-foot stps to D6 attacks the monster threatening her healer that Cortos has not already massacred with his ability to roll high on these dang forums, for the love of Pete.

Shirish Longsword Attack vs. Spider! 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 if it hits she will deal 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 damage.

Shirish to Confirm Critical 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 if it hits, she will deal 12 damage, total.


Wiping the bug juice off her face, Shirish turns to drive her sword into the other arachnid injuring it. No crit, but you should roll for the additional damage when you crit.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Round 2:

Having successfully defended himself against the very threatening air that approached him, Chitleen advances, slashing out at the remaining sand-spider.

Talwar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Normal move to the left of Jerrand then attack, no charging


Dwarf Barbarian 2

Should the bug be alive when it's his turn, Cortos will go to D7, trying to flank the spider and attack it. If not, then he drops out of rage.
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 231d12 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Assuming that Shirish once more needs to wipe bug juice off her face as Cortos explosively eviscerates another target...

Chitleen turns his attention forward to the camp..

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

These sand dwelling spiders luckily do not envenom their fangs, fortunately. Fight them as you would do any other animal.

Daeron hussles forward, eager not to be too far behind and getting himself exposed. He nocks and looses a second arrow at the remaining spider.

move to H3
ranged attack at last spider: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 - 4 = 6
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Grand Lodge

At least I'll get in one swing this time. LOL - Some great rolling Cortos! Where's that Black Spinx? It is toast!

Jerrans draws his warhammer from his belt. He raises it high and then brings it down toward the wicked spider.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Jerrand overreaches on his swing and the arachnid rakes its claws over the dwarf, rending him as he is pulled into its oversized mandibles a total of 14 hp damage. ouch.

Chitleen's tulwar and Daeron's arrow aren't fast enough to catch the lunging bug, but the next moment Cortos 'gallaghers' it.

threat obliterated.


Dwarf Barbarian 2

As soon as he realizes the spider thing is not a problem anymore, Cortos drops out of rage and tries to help is dwarf companion stand back on his feet.
How bad is he? Heal check:
1d20 ⇒ 14


Jerrand is gravely wounded and although Cortos attempts to staunch the bleeding, he will required more skilled assistance. or at least a DC 15 heal check.


Out of combat, Shirish kneels down beside the cleric and will "take 10" to attend to his wounds and his person for a total heal check of 15.

"My thanks for the assistance, but this is the result that I have been trained to prevent," she says to the others while she works. "If any intend to investigate, do not wander far."


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Ouch - healer down in one hit. Chitleen has a cure light extract, but can only use it on himself....

Chitleen moves to assist Shirish, applying pressure to staunch the blood flow as directed.

Heal check (aid another): take 10

Grand Lodge

After second attack at -06/10 :(

Jerrand puts a hand up in front of him as the bright white light tries to blind him. It is hard to see anything but the whiteness as it seems to engulf him.

Suddenly a shadow passes before him as a dwarven figure takes form ahead. It blocks a little of the whiteness but is so engulfed in shadows Jerrand has trouble making out who this dwarf is.

That it is a dwarf there is little doubt to the priest. The hieght the stature all tell him that another dwarf stands before him. And there is something else. A subtle of curve? Less broadness in the shoulders. More roundness near the hips. The dwarf is female.

"Darmia?... Darmia is it ye?" he calls out. The figure raises a hand but suddenly everything goes black and pain shots through his arms and chest and the white light is gone, only painful blackness remains.

*groan*

The others hear the dwarf moan telling them he is alive but still unconscious.

"Darmia..." Jerrand mumbles deliriously before passing out.

Stabilize check 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (19) - 4 = 15


Chitleen Shudra wrote:
Ouch - healer down in one hit.

actually claw/claw/(rend)/bite so yeah, my dice were unforgiving tonight. Shirish stabilizes Jerrand so after an hour under her care he can try and regain consciousness, which with a 19 on the die, he makes. He is awake and can cure himself to get back on his feet.

Grand Lodge

current HP?

Jerrand groans for more than a minute before his eyes open and he raises a hand to his chest.

"Wha-? Wha' do be goin' on?" he asks in a dry voice. "Water, I do be parched."

Healing for later - convert endure elements 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Ok he's weak so convert shield of faith 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


that gets you back to 1... well, the sun is rising so it's sleepy time anyway. explore the camp, rest up, and enter the shrine in the evening. or hell, just send bam!bam! in. ; )

101 to 150 of 4,080 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hungry Voodoo's Mines of Zolurket All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.