Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Hungry Voodoo's Mines of Zolurket (Inactive)

Game Master voodoo chili

In 4121 AR, the desert dwarves of the Barrier Wall Mountains sealed the famed Tar-Urkatha mine abruptly, saying only that one of the richest platinum mines in history had played out. Nearly six centuries later, the truth rises from the darkness.


1,401 to 1,450 of 4,080 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>

Daeron:
Your shared bond with your familiar reveals that Ghema feels some trepidation toward the bats that dwell within the tower.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Daeron stands quietly as he empathizes with his familiar.

There is some discomfort felt by my bat assistant towards his kin that dwells within the tower. I would ready my bow and prepare my defences.

Casts Mage Armor.


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

"I have promises to keep....", is all Tararr says as he hefts his gear and dons his armor.


Dwarf Cleric 2

The cleric also puts on his armor, then loads his crossbow and looks for aerial threats.


Once everyone is prepared, you make your way across the bridge and to the tower. The door is long gone and the entrance is now only covered by a heavy hide. Cautiously moving the hide aside, you are assaulted by the acrid stink of guano from the darkness beyond.

The dwarves can see a featureless round chamber empty of furnishings other than a small goat pen holding a pair of feeble looking goats. Bats flit about the room and cover the ceiling. Ruined stairs once led up to a trapdoor to the upper level.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Chitleen peers about within...
Perception: take 10 for 19 Are the stairs competent enough to climb?
... and racks his mind for any knowledge of bat like creatures such as this...
Knowledge (Dungeoneering): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


It's too dark inside for Chitleen to see anything, but should light be provided:

Chitleen:
You immediately recognize the upturned nose and pointy teeth of so-called vampire bats. They sip the blood of other mammals and aren't too bad in small numbers. Swarms however can be lethal as wounds from nips continue to bleed.


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

Tararr takes the point and over in his shoulder in a low voice,[smaller]"Pair of small goats, busted stairs to the right, and some bats. Not much else. Be ready. I' gonna reckon that this place ain't too dissimilar to that basement we got bushwahcked in." Peering for any obvious threats, Tararr advances furhter in staying close to the wall.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Daeron encourages the dwarves to move in on front, lest light should give away their position. Meanwhile, readies to cast Dancing Lights should the team be jumped.


Tararr moves into the room and the goats make plaintive sounds. The busted stairs are passable, but will require a bit of scrambling to get up. Two DC 10 climb checks


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Cursed with a paucity of darkvision at present, and unsure whether circumstances are such that an application of his tinctures is appropriate, Chitleen instead appeals on Daeron "Could you conjure some light brother?"


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

Pulling his rope off the side of his pack, Tararr takes a knotted end and hands the rest to Chitleen. "Hold this and stay close. I'll mark ye out a safe route ta follow." Moving along the wall to the staircase, the dwarf finds a tie-off spot and gives the rope a tug. Looking at the staircase, Tararr takes a breath and makes his move.

Climbx2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

After a feeling his way about a bit, the warrior finds his way to the top.


Anyone entering the tower should give me a stealth.


post et? I said, all who enter should give me a stealth check.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

If you insist, but I would be keeping my guard, brother.

Daeron moves to the entrance before the incantations for Dancing Lights are spoken, centering it at Chitleen's convenience.


Dwarf Cleric 2

Surak stands watch at the door for the time being, alert to any threats from outside.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

With light before him, Chitleen would then enter...

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 minus whatever penalty glowing orbs would engender


Finally entering the tower as Tararr begins his ascent, Chitleen makes a spectacle of himself startling the roosting vampire bats that suddenly swarm, filling the space with dry wings and nipping teeth.

Initiative rolls:

Chitleen 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Tarrar 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Daeron 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Surak 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Shirish 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
BATS! 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Round 1
Surak
Tararr
BATS!
Shirish (still around?)
Chitleen
Daeron


Dwarf Cleric 2

Surak swats at the bats that come near him, and steps back outside the door. "Foul creatures! Chitleen, do you have any of those firebombs of yours?"


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

No time to post this A.M. Heading to work way early. Will do so later. Feel free to run my guy, Chitleen or DMPC him,VooDoo.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Keeping his distance, Daeron tries out his new composite bow, slightly exhales before fully drawing and firing off an arrow.

ranged shot: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 with PBS
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 with PBS


Looks like Shirish is guarding the mules. Tararr will have to say whether he retreats forward or backward if that's what he does, but he'll likely still be in the swarm:

The bats fill the lower tower swirling around Tararr and Chitleen. -4 and -2 hp respectively, DC 11 fort save or distracted/nauseated.
Daeron fires an arrow into the blizzard of flittering brown bodies possibly hitting one, but having no effect on the swarm.

Chitleen
Daeron-x
Round 2
Surak
Tararr
BATS!


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Round 1: 13/15 HP, nauseated

Fort Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

The sudden assault of the bats left Chitleen choking in vermin fur. It was all he could do to muster enough fortitude to stumble away from the mass of black wings.

30ft stumble out of the tower and away from swarm.


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

Tararr quickly backs out of the tower following Chitleen's lead. "Did ya have to kick the goat, son? I thought yer kind was far more light footed than all that. Hahahaha.

Fort 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Thankfully years of tunnel fighting have warded the dwarf against any of the more dangerous effects of a bat attack.


Dwarf Cleric 2

Surak continues to back away from the bats, while keeping watch for any bigger threats.


Chitleen emerges from the tower waving his arms wildly trying to bat away the bats that hungrily nip at him, but having little success as blood streams from the myriad bites. Tararr is right behind him making a more stoic exit. Bats pour forth from the old tower and continue feeding on the already wounded pair.
Chitleen -5 hp and -1 bleeding, DC 11 vs distracted.
Tararr -2 hp and -1 bleeding, DC 11 or distracted.

Chitleen
Daeron
Round 3
Surak
Tararr
BATS!


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Daeron does not linger on as he sees his brethren and the stout dwarves make a hasty retreat. He scans for any sort of shelter and makes haste there, hoping the swarm would have dispersed by then.

Daeron would double move towards the mules if anything else more suitable is not present.


Dwarf Cleric 2

Surak waits for his injured allies to get into range, and then channels healing energy before continuing his retreat.

Channel: 1d6 ⇒ 2 healing


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Round 2: 9/15 HP, bleed 1

Fort Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Regaining some control of himself, Chitleen grimly keeps moving away from the tower - and keeps a distance from his fellow party members. Right hand delving into his satchel he retrieves a vial of acid, cracking the seal with his thumbnail before lobbing it into the mass of flying vermin...
Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 - 2 = 10 for 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

Fort 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
HP 21/22

Tararr goes to swing on the bats, but ends up with one covering his eyes.


Seeing no cover on the rock outcropping, Daeron quickly moves down the slope and onto the bridge. Surak gives a burst of healing to his allies which stops the bleeding and follows Daeron down the trail.

Tararr stands his ground swinging wildly at the cloud of bats that surrounds him while Chitleen moves away, knocking aside a few last bats to hurl a vial that fades through the swarm and smashes against the tower. (miss. 5 splash?) The bats continue swirling around the tower feeding on Tararr and Chitleen who remains at the outskirts of the swarm. -3 and -1 respectively, bleeding restarts, DC 11 or distracted.

Chitleen
Daeron
Round 4
Surak
Tararr
BATS!


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

Fort 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

"Damned flying rats.", Tararr says as he attempts to move toward the bridge.


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

Wow. Dice roller is screwing me today, lol.


Dwarf Cleric 2

Surak channels again when his allies get close enough, then runs towards our campfire. "Come to the camp fire, maybe the light will scare them off?"

Channel: 1d6 ⇒ 6 healing


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Boss Skull - any chance of a map? - Chitleen has moved 60-odd feet from the tower by now and I'm interested to see the spread of the swarm and everyone else for splash weapons, etc.

Oh, and 5 splash - aye


OK, something like this:
map
NOTE: I ruled that it took Chitleen and Tararr a round to clear the tower in the chaos so Chitleen is only 30 down the switchback at start. Everyone else has moved this round.

follow up note:I'm traveling over the next week so updating likely slow.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Round 3: 7/15 HP, bleed 1 - up to 13/15 post channel

Fortitude: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 No dice

The continued assault of the bats is overwhelming the Vudrani elf's senses. It is all he can manage to continue beating a choking retreat.

L,7 is where I end up - assuming the rocky bit is impassable.
Pretty sure that Surak's channel is healing the swarm as well...


Chitleen Shudra wrote:
L,7 is where I end up - assuming the rocky bit is impassable. Pretty sure that Surak's channel is healing the swarm as well...

rocky bits are crumbly slope so staying on the trail would be good. I figure damage to the swarm results in dead dead bats so healing won't help them.

Daeron heads back to guard the mules as Daeron pauses on the bridge. Chitleen and Tararr are overcome by the mass of flying biting Chiroptera and can only manage to continue staggering back down the trail. Chitleen reaches the junction of the trail, but the vicious bats quickly follow attacking the stragglers.
Chitleen 1d6 ⇒ 6, Tararr 1d6 ⇒ 5, bleeding restarts, DC 11 or distracted.

Chitleen
Daeron
Round 5
Surak
Tararr
BATS!


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

Haha, damn bats.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Round 4: 7/15 HP, bleed 1

Fortitude: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Regaining enough of his senses, Chitleen moves straight west away from the swarm before spinning and delivering another whirling vial of acidic treatment...

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 - 2 = 8 for 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Grumble 5 splash grumble.


Dwarf Cleric 2

Once his companions are again free of the bats, Surak will channel and continue moving towards the fire.

Channel: 1d6 ⇒ 4 healing


Citleen- by west, do you mean away from the rest of the party?


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

That would be correct - at least then if they try and eat me they can't eat everyone else.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Better try and hunker down near the mules, let the mules donate blood.


Tararr- Any plans other than mocking the bats? : )


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

Yeah, he try and chase after ol' skinny britches

Fort 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Tararr tries his best to get the blood suckin' little bastards off so he might find a path to safety.


Chitleen turns away from the others leading the bats up the trail as he hurls another bomb at the following cloud. It falls short, but several bats are killed by the caustic spray. Surak releases a healing burst that affects Tararr as he catches up with the alchemist who has already moved away. Daeron crosses the bridge to hunker down among the mules.

Some of the blood-crazed chiropterids stay on Chitleen and Tararr gorging on their tasty bodily fluids. Chit- 1 hp+1 bleed, Tararr- 5 hp, DC 11 fort

Chitleen
Daeron
Round 6
Surak
Tararr
BATS!


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Round 5: 4/15 HP, bleed 2?

Fort Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Chitleen barks at Tararr "Spread out dwarf - do not let them bleed us both" as he retreats Northwards - retrieving an ittar from his satchel to apply to his throat.

CLW Extract: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9, up to 13/15 HP and no bleed


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Staying near the mules, Daeron watches from a distance at the bat's nightime buffet and takes pot shots when opportunity presents itself. His forehead creases when he notices the menu items separate and gives a command to his bat familiar to keep tabs on the diverging pair.

ranged composite longbow >30ft: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 15
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Chitleen- bleeding isn't cumulative.

Chitleen continues moving away from both the tower and the others into the dark night as he anoints his wound in fragrant healing oils. Daeron fires at the dimly seen clouds of bats, but if it has any effect whatsoever he cannot tell. swarms are immune to weapons.

1,401 to 1,450 of 4,080 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hungry Voodoo's Mines of Zolurket All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.