Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Hungry Voodoo's Mines of Zolurket (Inactive)

Game Master voodoo chili

In 4121 AR, the desert dwarves of the Barrier Wall Mountains sealed the famed Tar-Urkatha mine abruptly, saying only that one of the richest platinum mines in history had played out. Nearly six centuries later, the truth rises from the darkness.


1,151 to 1,200 of 4,080 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>

Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Brow furrowed in thought, Chitleen dashes past the confused dwarf and through the door before it becomes barred by the dead once more. He turns his gaze back towards the sarcophagus room...

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33 - scent still active, low light vision and +1 for sight based.


In the faint light provided by the lamp behind him, even Chitleen's enhanced elf eyes see little at first, then the faintest glimmer at the sarcophagus nearest him- a ghostly dagger is quickly cutting the ropes that hold the final coffin shut!

Then the third Rage Zombie charges.
I'll just continue at the top of the order.

Round 4
Daeron
Tararr
Chitleen
Livid Dead
Shirsh
Surak


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Oh?

Seeing the half raged dwarf still trying to ease out of his altered mind state by puncturing himself with holes, Daeron cries out a suggestion.

Push Tarrar on the otherside of the door! Then I could enhance him with my magicks!

Being the short and stout dwarf he is, likely it would be a monumental task even budging him an inch.

Daeron draws and readies to loose on the first clear enemy he sees.

shortbow attack within 30ft: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 11
please add on the in-melee and soft cover negatives as seen fit.

damage within 30ft: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Shirish Fort Save vs. Rage DC 13 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
okay, so where am I know. I thought we were in round 1 still... i am very confused...


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

Fort 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

The spear point in the stomach seems to be all that the dwarf needed to pull himself out of the poison's grasp."Arghhh. What madness is this!?! Foul magician!" The grasp of fatigue and injury hang heavy on the warrior, but not on is stoic determination to see them through this battle. Setting his weapon for an inevitable charge, Trollsplitter readies himself again."Move back in this room, elf! Do not give them the opportunity to attack."

Brace Urgrosh for charge


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Round 4: 13/15 HP, AC 16

Hissing back at the dwarf "The mage is here, he is freeing the dead" Bereft of options and giving a prayer to those above, he takes aim at the empty space where he wagers whatever holding the knife might stand...
Shot in the dark: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 = 13 for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 Miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 14


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

"He'll be freeing you if you don't stop acting like you are me! Mind yourself, elf."


Shirish- we dropped out of combat momentarily after round 2 for a couple rounds dealing with poison until the next deadite showed up. Rather than re-rolling init. I just hand waved as a two round pause. If you wanted to move with Chitleen let me know. I'm sure he'd appreciate some back up.


Yeah, she'd not let Chitleen go ahead by himself after she saw him laid out earlier.

At Chitleen's words, Shirish gathers up her shield and sword and readies to attack anything that may come near, rather than divide herself from her charge as she so clearly failed in the jungle.

"I will fight with you," she tells Chitleen.

Shirish Readied Action, Longsword Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 if she hits she will deal 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 damage. Add two to both attack roll and damage if it is against an undead creature.


Daeron nocks an arrow as he encourages Tarrar to move forward. The surly dwarf holds the door with his spear set encouraging Chitleen back. The elf alchemist attempts to avert more calamity by firing at the unseen wizard he surmises is behind the ghostly dagger.

Chitleen's arrow however, passes through space, hitting nothing. Blood streaming from every orifice in its contorted face, another bleeding zombie hurls itself at Chitleen. Shirish steps up just in time to deflect the zombie's strike.


Surak
Round 5
Daeron
Tararr
Chitleen
Shirsh
Livid Dead

map.


Dwarf Cleric 2

Surak targets the area he saw Chitleen striking at the ghostly dagger, throwing a javelin. He then grabs another javelin.

Att: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21, damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4, miss chance 1d100 ⇒ 1


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Round 5: 13/15 HP, AC 16

Stepping back and away from the dead one, Chitleen retrieves another vial of alkahest - hurling it at the creature....
Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 = 15 for 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 = 12
Move to L,7; Exclude Shirish from splash


Shirish, having no need to move, takes the opportunity and full attacks the creature threatening her party.

Shirish Longsword attack w/TWF, FA 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 if it hits, she will deal 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 damage.

Shirish Heavy Shield attack w/TWF, FA 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 if it hits, she will deal 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 damage.

Attack to Confirm Critical 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 if that hits shirish will deal 2d8 + 12 ⇒ (1, 2) + 12 = 15 damage.


The zombie flails in pain as the flung alkahest quickly burns a good portion of its rotting flesh. Shirish follows up with a powerful sword strike that fells the creature in a shower of tainted blood. Then the cut ropes holding the final sarcophagus part and the last zombie emerges.
Shirish- DC 13 fort save or rage and confusion once again.
Daeron and Tararr- last zombie (I-7) is all yours as the others made short work of the penultimate one : )


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

Tararr sees that the others are determined to fight in the open and promptly joins them. "I'm gonna have to teach you two about holding out against superior forces.", he says as he moves into postion. Bringing his Urgrosh down with both hands, the barbar attempts to cleave the thing in two.

Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 DMG 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Move to J7, Attack. AC17 HP 11 Fatigue 1/2(Maybe longer due to zombie rage)


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Come, Ghema. Into the adjacent room and seek out the hidden arcanist!

Mentally commanding his familiar to sweep the coffer filled room for signs of the hidden wizard, Daeron follows in Tarrar's wake, bow and arrow in hand, ready to loose.

moves to L8
fires at zombie: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 8
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 please deduct for soft cover and melee as needed. Daeron would probably miss.


Tarrar still gasping from his exertions, flips his urgrosh and cleaves into the corpse with an overhead chop. Daeron tries a shot, but it is fouled by the press of his allies.


Surak
Round 6
Daeron
Tararr
Chitleen
Shirsh
Livid Dead


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

Seeing how everytime they kill one of these things they spray their guts and filth upon them, Tararr bounds back a couple of steps ripping his throwing hammer from his belt as he does so. Upon reaching the wall, he lets loose with the fine hunk of dwarven steel."Follow up, Daeron!"

Move to J5, Throw hammer. Shoud have a clear shot if I am attacking where I think I am, please correct numbers as needed.

Throwing hammer 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 DMG 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Daeron nods at Tarrar's thoughtfulness and lets fly. The arrow flies true, streaking towards the undead pus bag, hoping for a glorious pop of pus.

bow attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 23
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Shirish Fort Save vs. DC 13 Rage/Confusion 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
and 1d100 ⇒ 68 to hit self with longsword for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 damage. Ouch...

Shirish snarls in orc, grabs up her sword and proceeds to hit herself in the face with the pommel, cutting her eye, and knocking herself silly.

Status:
HP 0/18, staggered


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

Crap, the orc just offed herself. Worry not, Tararr "Combat Medic" will be there soon, lol.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Round 6: 13/15 HP, AC 16, 4/5 bombs used

Not allowing a pause to savor the bubbling dissolution of the previous dead one, Chitleen instead turns his attention upon the freshly released...

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 = 15 for 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6
Stand and deliver


Dwarf Cleric 2

Surak steps to the doorway, and flings his javelin towards the invisible necromancer again, then grabs yet another javelin.

5' to M9
Att: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20, dam 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7, miss chance 1d100 ⇒ 24


Rightfully concerned about the effects of the diseased blood from the undead, Tararr backs up to fling a hammer at the thing striking it a glancing blow. Daeron quickly takes advantage of the opening to launch an arrow into the bleeding face. Chitleen adds another alkahest bomb to pile on the damage.

Face rapidly dissolving around the arrow planted in its eye, the thing manages to stagger forward to vent its rage upon the slender bomb thrower. It slams its foe and then draws him forward in a crushing embrace. Chitleen-4 hp damage, DC 13 fort save or confused, grappled.

Shirish takes it rather hard and begins pounding herself about the head in sympathetic anguish. Surak keeps his eyes on the prize by casting yet another futile javelin at the ghostly dagger which floats back toward the sarcoph-evator.

Round 7
Daeron
Tararr
Chitleen
Shirsh
Livid Dead
Surak


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Round 6: 2/15 HP, AC 16, 4/5 bombs used

Fort save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 and 1d100 ⇒ 67
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Chitleen is unable to stab himself due to the zombie's restricting grasp, so instead settles for repeatedly ramming his head into the wall...


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

Realizing that the elf is going to be killed if he doesn't do something, Tararr moves forward seeking to rip the legs out from under it. Hooking his Urgrosh around the undead's leg he gives it a mighty pull.

Move forward, Trip. Are there any bonuses for attacking something that is grappling?

Trip 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Amidst the scene of comrades engaged in acts of self mutilation, Daeron shoots into the back of the grappling undead, sadly aware Chitleen may be in for a pus bath if his arrow punctures the right spot..

arrow attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 16
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Daeron launches another arrow into the smoking corpse and it explodes in a spray of fouled blood coating its victim already in the throws of madness.
Chirleen's save DC 15 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
confusion 1d100 ⇒ 51

The elf draws his talwar to drive its blade into his own gut, but is restrained at the last moment by Tararr!
I'll just change Tararr's action to grapple Chitleen until the madness subsides.


Shirish Confusion 1d100 ⇒ 93 for, oh god.
Shirish Longsword Attack vs. Chitleen 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 if she hits she will deal 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 damage. well, I think I killed our alchy...

Shirish's rage continues and she turns to Chitleen and brings him down in a single powerful strike, then falls unconscious herself.

you just had to provoke the dice roller in the OOC didn't you?


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

"SURAK! The orc lost 'er mind! get in here and help her I'll start on Chitleen." Quickly turning his attention to the crumpled elf in his arms, Tararr begins trying to close his wounds using his knowledge of battlefield medicine. "Daeron, keep watch."

Heal 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Shirish probably almost killed Chitleen, he would be at -9.

Tarrar! Frisk Chitleen, I would hazard he still keeps stash of healing attars about him.

Daeron checks in on Ghema, whether his bat familiar detects anything with its blindsense.

action ready vs foe, ranged attack
attack with pbs within 30ft:1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 18
damage with pbs: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Dwarf Cleric 2

Surak looks shocked but casts stabilize as he was trained to do.


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

Ripping his last potion from it's spot on his belt pops the cork and drains it into the dying elf's throat.

potion, CLW 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

Yeah, that is going to blow, hahaha. I didn't think characters died in this game any more. ;)


Dwarf Cleric 2

Hard to die with a stabilizing cleric around unless it's an insta-kill.


Jumping Jehoshaphat! I go away a little while and you're killing each other!

Shirish's madness continues and she suddenly drives her blade into the defenseless elf as she faints from her own self-inflicted wounds! Chitleen collapses in a shocked Tararr's arms. Surak steps up to stem the gush of blood with a healing touch while Tararr gingerly lays the elf down to retrieve a potion.

Round 7
Daeron
Tararr
Chitleen (unc. -9, stable)
Shirish (unc. -1, dying)
Surak
Ghost Knife

Ghema sends an empathic warning as the pale knife suddenly floats back toward the standing elf.

Hunch-DC 20 know arcane, religion or sense motive:
If the red wizard used the incense, he is likely on the ethereal plane and like a ghost, untouchable except for magic or the dagger he wields.


Dwarf Cleric 2

Stabilize is close range so no need to move into melee and touch Chitleen.

Surak sets his jaw and glares at the ghost knife, and starts muttering in a dry, rasping whisper, his words of power radiating dread.

Cast sotto voce, creature of 4 or fewer HD must make a DC13 will save or be shaken for one round.


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

Tararr begins to stoke the flames of his rage again as he looks at the limp body of his,pointy eared friend. Trying to get a bead on the wizards location, prepares himself to strike.

Sense Motive, Will make a real action after Daeron. 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12


As Daeron spots the ghostly knife floating towards him, he tries a difficult shot that almost hits the tiny object before it moves aside and the arrow passes through the air. Tararr pauses trying to make out what is happening and Surak uses a creepy voice that does not pause the approaching knife. Shirish lies bleeding on the floor.

What up Tararr?


Shirish Fortitude to Stabilize 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 *gurgle*


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

Tararr moves to the orc's side and begins to wrap her wounds before engaging the specter.

Heal 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18


Dwarf Cleric 2

Stabilization is actually a constitution check, not a fort save.


Tararr stoops quickly to stop Shirish's bleeding while Surak critiques. Meanwhile, the floating dagger swoops in to attack Daeron!
Daeron-2 hp

Round 8
Daeron
Tararr
Chitleen (unc. -9, stable)
Shirish (unc. -1, stable)
Surak
Ghost Knife


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Nicked by the flying dagger, Daeron falls into a crouch and prepares to evade further attacks.

Full defence with mage armor for total of 21AC
Spellcraft check on spell: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 How long does it last?


Dwarf Cleric 2

Surak flanks the ghost knife with Daeron, and ponders for a moment, then attempts to knock the knife out of the invisible hand (at least he can see the knife!), fighting defensively.

AC 21/14t/17f
Disarm (provokes AoO): 1d20 + 3 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 3 - 4 + 2 = 17 vs CMD


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

Tararr seeing the attack on a floating knife nt working instaed scans the room for any hint of where it's master may be.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Daeron Gwadestael wrote:
Spellcraft check on spell: 1d20+9 How long does it last?

Wait, there's a spell somewhere? ; )

Tararr sees no one else in the room. Surak baits the knife which takes the opportunity to slice his arm. Surak-4 hp However, Surak ripostes with a blow that knocks the knife to the floor. A moment later the knife begins to rise again.

Surak- I'm not sure if you normally threaten an invisible opponent, but since you can see the knife, I'll give you an AoO as the knife is picked up.


Dwarf Cleric 2

Surak slashes through the air where he thinks the knife wielder must be, still fighting defensively.
Att: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8, hit chance 1d100 ⇒ 33...guess there's no need for any other rolls :)


Surak aims for the wielder, not the knife itself and takes a slash across the face. Surak-4 hp

Round 9
Daeron
Tararr
Chitleen (unc. -9, stable)
Shirish (unc. -1, stable)
Surak
Ghost Knife


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

Tararr shouts to his companions, "This fiend will be easily defeated as things sit now."

Tararr quickly looks for any large amount of fine sand or dust nearby.

My aim is to dust the invisible attacker to take away his advantage.

1,151 to 1,200 of 4,080 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hungry Voodoo's Mines of Zolurket All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.