Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Hungry Voodoo's Mines of Zolurket (Inactive)

Game Master voodoo chili

In 4121 AR, the desert dwarves of the Barrier Wall Mountains sealed the famed Tar-Urkatha mine abruptly, saying only that one of the richest platinum mines in history had played out. Nearly six centuries later, the truth rises from the darkness.


1,051 to 1,100 of 4,080 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

Dwarf Cleric 2

Surak prays for guidance, and looks around to see if he can tell which way their quarry went.

Guidance
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Guidance
Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

"What do ya suppose this place is used fer, Chitleen?"


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5
Hungry Voodoo wrote:
The elevator descends about 25 feet into darkness.

Silly me for not reading properly... at present Chitleen sees nothing.... hopefully Daeron will remedy the lack of illumination?


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Lampus! A series of small glowing orbs surround the elevator as Daeron moves himself to the center of the group where he feels it is the most safest. Disadvantaged by the lack of extra sensory abilities of darkvision or scent, Daeron keeps mostly mum, trying his best not step on anyone's toes.

Casts Dancing Lights


Chitleen- your Cryptbreaker Draught should still be active, no?

Daeron's cantrip adds some light to aid your investigation. The equipment is so damaged and aged that it is hard to say what experiments occurred here. Perhaps the vanished owner was seeking to reproduce the famed sun orchid elixir. Perhaps he experimented with something darker or at least the lab is now used for more nefarious purposes.

Shirish finds that the four gilded coffers are already latched closed. There is one table properly repaired and standing. Ominously it has restraints and is stained with dried blood. Chitleen finds the scent of incense is stronger toward the back of the room.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5
Chitleen Shudra wrote:

"A moment brothers" Chitleen pauses to apply his painful tincture and after a few moments bent in pain, he rises with pupils dilated and nostrils flared.

Apply Cryptbreaker's Draught for +4 Perception and Scent.

Draught is active - but I chose for Scent this time around to help with tracking the yamuun.

Chitleen cautiously strides through the wreckage towards where the scent is strongest. "I cannot tell the purpose of the alchemic items... but I would wager they are not useful for much now."


"I like not the looks of this," Shirish rumbles and curls her snout away from the dried blood on the table. "May I suggest we leave the sarcophagus closed?"


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Chitleen takes a look at the seams of the sarcophagi's lids... trying to determine if they have been recently opened or disturbed.
Perception: Take 10 for 24


Chitleen's enhanced nostrils detect the scent of death over the incense that wafts through the room as he leans forward to inspect a sarcophagus. Traces of corrosion have flaked off the edge of the lid revealing recent use.

The elf starts as he hears a faint feral growl within the thick coffer and frenzied scratching against the lid. Fortunately, the slender clasp holds for the moment.


Dwarf Cleric 2

"What the...is this Wizard MAKING jackalmen, or merely trapping them?"


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

"It matters not. It is time to handle this and quickly. Orc, you and I need to for a line and hold fer the less stout ones." Tararr says as he readies himself for another round of attacks.


"I have a name, little one," Shirish growls in return as she falls into step beside tararr, shield raised to defend.
Shirish is only slightly taller than the average dwarf.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Chitleen turns back to Tararr with a raised eyebrow "I'm sorry, you want me to let this thing out?" said with a slight incredulous air.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Daeron renews his illumination cantrip as the party hunches over the occupied sarcophagus.

We should choose our battles wisely and not be eager to face every single foe we face. Be aware of our surroundings and I will look for something to lash this coffer closed. With that small a clasp I would not rely on it to confine within the animal inside. Then with our backs safe we should proceed beyond the door.

Does anyone have any rope? Daeron would bind the coffer closed with it.


Shirish has rope, spikes and a grapling hook. only thing is, i wonder if we have the time to secure things properly. It's going to be noise either way, I think.


Dwarf Cleric 2

"A creature lying flat in a sarcophagus would be an easy target if we surrounded it and threw the lid open."


Sarcophagi are standing upright against the pillars. Spikes wouldn't help, but 20 feet of rope should secure one.


Dwarf Cleric 2

Ahh k :)


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

If we had to battle the beast inside then that would mean more noise that we couldn't control. Daeron would do the securing real quiet-like, taking 10 for 13 stealth if it is to be done with haste.


It will require cutting Shirish's hemp rope in half, but with some time Daeron can stealthily secure the lids to two of the four coffins.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

"My mind is with Daeron... we should not invite a fight that can be avoided." the elf then assists his kin in securing the sarcophagus.


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

"Then make yer work quick. But, if these come a callin' from behind while we are handlin' business later it ain't gonna be my fault."


Unless you have more rope, you can only tie down two lids.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

How about salvaging the restraints from the working table and rigging it secure the other two coffers?


Pondering how to secure the other sarcophagi, Daeron points out the leather straps on the work table could be scavenged to tie down another one. It takes a while, but eventually you feel the third coffin is secured.


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

"Well, that wizard should have been able to summon all of the Abyss in the time that took."


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Glancing at the uncouth dwarf barbarian Daeron replies, I shall duly receive my thanks from you once you realize the retreat is covered after you've started looking for it. Meanwhile I suggest we dispatch the final unsecured coffer with overwhelming force. This is where brute force is needed rather than caution, would you agree Tarrar?

Daeron moves to the last unsecured coffer, with readied adamantine dagger in hand.


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

Grinning, Tararr replies, "And I'll be happy to make that retreat a possibility, elf." With that the dwarf grips his axe with both hands and begins preparing himself to assault the occupant of the last casket.


Dwarf Cleric 2

Before the sarcophagus is opened, surak briefly touches his companions shoulders, praying for both guidance and vigor. He starts with Tararr, and works his way through Daeron, Shirish, and Chitleen, before praying for himself.

Guidance: +1 attack, save, or skill of your choice
Vigor: +1 on next melee damage roll


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Following the desires of Tararr and Daeron, though against his own instincts, and violently yanks open the final sarcophagus...


In one quick motion, Chitleen unclasps and open the coffin. Inside is the body of a man dressed in rags. He is not mummified, but gaunt and covered in fresh sores that bleed freely. His eyes are open but filled with blood and rage as the corpse lunges at the closest living being- Chitleen!

Initiative rolls:

Chitleen 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Tararr 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Daeron 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Surak 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Shirish 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Dead Beggar 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Round 1
Chitleen
Shirish
Daeron
Crypt thing
Surak
Tararr


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Confident on defeating the undead quickly, Daeron plunges his adamantine dagger into the decaying flesh.

attack with flank?: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 2 = 16
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Knowledge(Religion):1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
What are we dealing with here?


Did someone say... UNDEADS?!

Shirish moves to assist Chitleen with the creature attacking him.

Assuming she can move in and hit the same round
Shirish Longsword attack w/Favored Enemy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 if she hits she will deal 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 damage.


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

"That is more like it!"

Waiting to see if I can get a full attack action in or if I'll have to move 'round the outside.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Round 1:

After Chitleen opens the sarcophagus he attempts to bring his borrowed blade to bear...
Cold-Iron Longsword: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
...though his strike is weak and lacks vigor.


Chitleen nearly drops his weapon as the creature lurches for him. Shirish is quick to his defense however gouging the creatures abdomen and releasing a torrent of bloody puss. Daeron stabs into the sarcophagus as well flensing diseased flesh off the side of the skull.

The hungry dead is undeterred however and clubs Chitleen about the head, grabbing and biting into the poor elves throat.
Chitleen- grappled, 9 slam, 9 bite. yowch!

Round 2 cont.
Surak
Tararr
R2
Chitleen
Shirish
Daeron
Crypt thing

regular round so full attacks fine. It is backed into it's casket so no flanking.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Round 2: -3/15 HP

Chitleen almost instantly goes limp in the undead beast's grasp. Tararr senses that his last act of defiance against the closing dark was to stare daggers at him...

Stabilization 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (10) - 3 = 7
-4/15 HP after his 'turn' in the round.


Dwarf Cleric 2

Surak sees his companion fall, and gestures, causing the bleeding to stop before he even hits the ground, suddenly snoring peacefully. He then raises his crossbow, trying to aim at the undead creature.

Cast stabilize on Chitleen
Ready crossbow for next round


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Just a slight point of note - although I'm down... I'm still technically grappled.
So I'm standing up supported by the sarcophagus dweller unless it drops me Hungry Skull?


Daeron:
You see no sentience in the dead eyes. You would guess a zombie although it moves far more quickly than the usual variety.

Chitleen- yes and it's not giving up your delicious brains without a fight.
Tararr- everyone is within reach circled around the open casket-
like so:

xx
xZ)
xx


Shirish Longsword Attack w/Favored Enemy 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 2 = 15 if she hits she will deal 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 damage.

Shirish Heavy Shield Bash w/Favored Enemy 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 2 = 23 if she hits she will deal 1d4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10 damage.

Shirish, seeing the life filter from Chitleen's eyes, takes a full offensive round to end the unlife of the creature threatening her companion.


Shirish cleaves through the dead thing's skull destroying it and spraying the entire group in gore. Like a fever, rage suddenly burns though you.

everyone- DC 13 fort save or Rage (+2 Str & Con, +1 Will, -2 AC) and confused for 1 round.

Confused:

01–25 Act normally.
26–50 Do nothing but babble incoherently.
51–75 Deal 1d8 points of damage + Str modifier to self with item in hand.
76–100 Attack nearest living conscious creature

map


Dwarf Cleric 2

Using my guidance for this fort roll...anyone who didn't use theirs on an attack should still have it.
Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Fort Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Confused: 1d100 ⇒ 9

Chitleen's insensate brows furrow for a fleeting moment, before relaxing back into blissful ignorance.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
1d100 ⇒ 71

The sprayed gore incites a supernatural rage that wells and gushes forth from the usually mild Daeron. Hatred seizes his own hand and the adamntine dagger pierces his own lithe thigh.

damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

Fort 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Not even noticing the effects of the things blood, Tararr is shocked to see the orc warrior smash into the creature with such power with a little tone of respect in his voice, Tararr says,"About time you live up to your heritage." Glancing at the downed elf and one with a dagger in his own leg he adds, "Same goes for you two. I think that ya could learn a thing or two from the girl." Moving to Daeron's side he places a hand on the tweaking elf's shoulder and speaking in a tone much more warm and fatherly than any of his companions have ever heard, he says"Easy, son. I've seen that rage in new splitter's an' gets a mighty strong grip on 'em that ain't used to it. Find yer center now."

One the elf has relaxed, Tararr will attempt to apply some first aid.

Heal +1 for Guidance 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Tararr proceeds to repeatedly poke a finger into Daeron's gaping leg wound while asking in an earnest voice "Does this hurt?... how about this?" :P


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

That's twice Daeron's self injured himself whilst confused. I think he has some deep seated suicidal ideations :)


Yeah, Daeron needs to have all his pointy things confiscated so he stops hurting himself :) Need a save from Shirish and then those that failed the save need to make another for the next round.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Fort Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 :P

1,051 to 1,100 of 4,080 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hungry Voodoo's Mines of Zolurket All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.