Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Hungry Voodoo's Mines of Zolurket (Inactive)

Game Master voodoo chili

In 4121 AR, the desert dwarves of the Barrier Wall Mountains sealed the famed Tar-Urkatha mine abruptly, saying only that one of the richest platinum mines in history had played out. Nearly six centuries later, the truth rises from the darkness.


651 to 700 of 4,080 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Solku
doh, although I do play it lose with canon names, I did in fact mean to use Breakstride Inn.

Ready for a warm bath and soft bed after many days and nights on the road, the trio continue on through Solku. There will be plenty of time for sightseeing over the next two weeks before your scheduled meeting with your sponsors. You cross town to the River Gate and out to the less ordered settlement between the city walls and the fast flowing Elemion River.

The homes and business here are more likely to be simple affairs of brown adobe brick than the stately stately yellow sandstone and white marble within the the city, but the people appear well cared for and you spot the stone building washed in pale blue where priests of Sarenrae distribute food and care for the destitute which are more numerous in this area. Quite out of place amidst the collection of simple mud buildings is the three story stone structure of the Breakstride Inn.


Solku
Over the next two weeks you become more familiar with the city of Solku.

The owner of the Breakstride, a lively halfling named Erilene Finch, retired from adventuring young and has adapted quite well to life in Solku. The inn is very comfortable and well stocked in exotic wines and beers shipped in monthly from Katapesh City and meals flavored with rare spices and herbs from the occasional foray downriver into the Evergrowth.

More in depth investigation of the city finds that it is composed of four main quarters. The large Caravan Quarter holds the main souk which although it cannot compare to the capitol, still contains a variety of wonders and exotic peoples from the Mwangi Expanse, far Osirion, and neighboring Nex.

The Workers’ Quarter contains the residences of most of the skilled and unskilled laborers in the city and the Steel Souk which rings with the pounding of metal and puffing of bellows as desert dwarves forge the weapons and armor that will be needed someday to once again repel slavers and savage gnolls.

The White Quarter is so called for the number of marble homes owned by the wealthiest residents of the city and also contains the Archive of Eminent Tomes, a premier repository of ancient knowledge and lore found in tombs and ruins across Katapesh. The curator, Menthis Talp, is an accomplished wizard and historian who politely suggests recommended readings for those researching new spells or formulae.

Finally, The Bastion is the most historic quarter of the city and includes Lambent Citadel and the much smaller in comparison Sharif’s Palace. Most residents of the district are affiliated with the church, government, or Dawn Watch.

Your fortnight wait passes relatively quickly despite your initial impressions as to the rather staid lifestyle of the denizens of Solku. Fortunately, you have arrived at the culminations of the festival of Burning Blades and the normally quiet summer months in Solku are interrupted by a fresh influx of visitors and evening concert and performances on the main plaza. Crowds gather through the afternoon and early evenings to listen to talented singers and story tellers before local groups display their skill in fire juggling and dancing with special flammable swords.


Katapesh

A couple days after your meeting at the T&T Mining Co., all is ready for the journey to Solku. You meet Gravlet and Kipp near the camel market in the Daystalls as they finish supervising the loading of the animals and wagons.

Kipp scowls beneath a traditional white headscarf which looks well stained with the sweat of previous trips across the desert. Gravlet is dressed today in a burgundy tunic and appears relieved that he will not have to make the journey. He shakes your hands a final time and wishes you luck as the camels and donkeys slowly start moving westward.

The journey takes a little over a week with long stops for the hottest part of the day. The trip is uneventful and soon enough you spot the light of the distant Lambent Citadel above the walls of Solku. Instead of going through the main gate, Kipp directs the caravan around the south of the city to the squatter settlement behind the city by a river as he grumbles and curses about church taxes.

You head for a caravanserai near the most impressive building in the area, a large multi-story inn called the Breakstride.


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

"Them fellas give any idea of what these fellas we're s'pposed to meet look like?", Tararr says to his dwarven companion as they near the inn. "I' guessin' they should be the ones 'hat'll be findin' us since we have their stuff, but it'd be nice ta know anyhow."


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

In the couple of weeks that they had in Solku, Chitleen had sunk back into the benefits offered by civilization. After being bathed, fed and enjoying a long sleep in a comfortable bed he explored the city. Much of the time is spent in the Caravan and Worker's quarters where he commissions some items to be made for him and enjoys everything that the souks have to offer. He also spends some time at the Archive of Eminents tomes - in search of both map and some elusive formulae.

Details to be forthcoming later

The day of the caravan's arrival sees Chitleen dressed in a pristine and delicately embroidered red silk kurta, with a cream turban atop his brow. He arrives into the breakfast hall of the Breakstride early to enjoy his morning chai and flatbread.

I'm happy fast forwarding to our introduction with the new dwarves - shall we do it over breakfast?


Dwarf Cleric 2

Surak ponders. "I'm sure Kipp will point them out to us, but I'd also lay odds that there's probably only one table in the hall with two elves and a half-orc breaking their fast."

"Speaking of which, I have a hunger mightier than a troll, let's see what the Breakstride's kitchen can do about that." With that, he leaves in search of the dining hall.


Kipp waves you off to go find the others while he supervises unlading and getting the animals put up. The Breakstride is crowded with merchants and visitors in town for the Burning Blades holiday. You weave through a knot richly robed merchants that smell of incense and exotic colognes, and a family or two of the more monied pesh growers. There are several non-humans in the dining room, but you quickly locate a table with the unusual sight of two elves and a half-orc dining in style.

There is a breakfast buffet along the wall offering rich breakfast fare with novel names such as the spicy cockatrice eggs and dhabba spittle sauce to an array of local and exotic fruits and sweet peri nectar.


Dwarf Cleric 2

Surak flags down a server, and informs them that he will be availing himself of the buffet. He fills a plate, and then wanders over to the table where the party he presumes to be his future companions are eating.

"So...I take it you're the remaining members of the expedition sent by the T&T boys. I'm Surak Kekmor, and this is Tararr Trollsplitter. This is your lucky day, we are your new reinforcements."

He puts his plate down, takes a seat, and begins eating.


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

Standing behind Surak stone-faced and taking the bar, Tararr let's the other dwarf do the talking. Bright orange hair and tattoos cover his body while a warhammer and waraxe sit in crossing holders on his back.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Chitleen rises from his seat as the dwarves approach. Offering a small bow and smile "Saalam friends, and it is indeed a lucky day today... as it is everyday." gesturing to the empty seats at the table "Please join us, we are breaking fast and contemplating what best to do with the day that shall unfold before us."

As he retakes his seat he exchanges a knowing look with Daeron and adds in Elvish "Plus nains .. nous sommes vraiment bénis frère" a wry smile upon his face.

Elvish:
"More dwarves.. we are truly blessed brother"


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Luck is what brings you stout and proud dwarves to join our table. I am sure you would do fine as reinforcements with what you have now. Please, take your fill of this fine buffet and ignore us elven delicate appetites. A full belly before we begin deciding on the day's event would do us well.

Daeron seems to be magically manipulating the local fruits before squeezing the juices into a goblet before him. Thin slices of bread are spread before him, toasted crisp.

As if speaking to the squeezed remains of the fruit, he adds with a satisfied smile.
Espérons qu'elles se seraient avérées plus robuste comme il sied à leur race, ou plus de chance que le duo précédent.

Elvish:
Let us hope they would prove more robust as befitting of their race, or luckier than the previous duo.


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

"Well if yer bellies can't handle this little snack, then allow me ta help ya."With that he takes a seat and tears into the food like a rabid jackal.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Making sure to lean back so that none of the discarded detritus from Tararr's feasting falls upon his fine clothes Chitleen gives Daeron a knowing smile.

To Surak he adds "So I take it that our esteemed employers have also reached Solku? With any luck they will have something in their possession that we would be very interested in taking delivery of."


Dwarf Cleric 2

Surak finishes what he was chewing, then says, "Ah, yes, they are out unloading and getting the animals settled in. I'm sure they will be in here shortly to find us, or you can find them out there."


As Chitleen is about to reply, a red dot appears in the air above the table between himself and the dwarf. Suddenly more dots appear and red begins to rain down on the breakfast table just before a torn corpse materializes in mid-air and collapses upon the table!


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Chitleen watches on horrified... firstly by the body and the second by the fact that he is too slow to retrieve his chai from beneath the rain of body parts. Struck dumb for a few moments, Chitleen just stares...


Dwarf Cleric 2

"What the..."

Surak jumps back, suddenly scanning for any threats.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

"What evil is this?"

He looks over the body to determine its condition, and see what he can determine about the time and nature of its death.

Heal: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Startled by the rain of blood and meat chunks, Daeron stands irritably, rueing his spoiled morning juice. He looks around, searching for the source of magical disturbance while simultaneously cleaning up himself with use of prestidgitation.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Knowledge, Arcana: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Turning towards the newcomers still with a look of horror upon his face "Friend of yours?"


Dwarf Cleric 2

Frowning, "I hope not, I would not wish this fate on any friend of mine. Have you seen anything like this before?"


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Chitleen shakes his turbaned head slowly "No, not in my years in Katapesh nor my fathers tales of Vudra have I seen such a thing."


Daeron:
You've never heard of a dead man teleporting and come to think of it, you sense that your specialty school of transmutation is involved. It's as if the body just rematerialized from the ethereal plane.

Even from a cursory look, Surak notices powerful bite marks all over the dead man. While the adventurers compare notes, the neighboring table snotice the horror spread out upon their crumpets and a piercing scream echoes over the noisy room. Suddenly all is in confusion as the crowd panics!


what the heck. i'm unable to edit any of my threads. it keeps cancelling me out :?


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

As long as this doesn't portend any pugwampi in this campaign...

Chitleen checks the body quickly for anything that might help identify it or possessions....
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

For reference, Chitleen would carry his talwar while in town, but would not wear armor.


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

"Disgustin'" , the rager simply states as he leans back and takes another bite. Dropping his remaining food on the ground, Tararr slides his waraxe and hammer free from his back. "What devilry is this, elf?"


Chitleen spots the insignia ring of a high government official on the dead man's hand as the Breakstride's proprietor, Erilene calls for order in a remarkably loud voice for a halfling and sends a server to get the Dawn Vigil.

Perception DC 20:
Over by the stairs to the next floor beyond the jostling crowd, you spot a red robed figure start casting a spell.

I did a little research and found that the guards already have a name. I wasn't too far off with the Dawn Watch. No word on the color of their robes : )


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Chitleen makes a show of checking the man's pulse to be sure that he has expired... while at the same time pocketing the man's signet ring... before crossing the man's arms on his chest.

Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


Dwarf Cleric 2

Perception vs GM: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Perception vs Chitleen: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Out of the corner of his eye, Surak sees movement, and turns to see the robed figure casting, just in time to miss Chitleen taking the ring.

Focusing his mind on Chitleen, Surak says, "LOOK," and points at the robed caster. It is not said particularly loudly, but somehow the word has extra force behind it.

Inspiring Command for Chitleen Shudra: +2 insight bonus on attack rolls, AC, CMD, and skill checks for 1 round


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Borne of the driven impetus of dwarven authority, Chitleen follows the instruction and looks...

Mr Skull - Can I see it and act before he completes casting?


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Careful, rematerialising bodies from the Astral Plane is not part of this inn's main attractions. As I would see it someone is making a good attempt on putting us under a difficult predicament.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Noticing the newcomer dwarf readying his weapons, Daeron widens his eyes in alarm, wary of the warrior's intentions with no ready enemy in sight..


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Tararr's arm twitches as he prepares to launch his throwing hammer at the first threat to him and Surak. "SO YOURSELF, COWARD!!!! ENOUGH OF YOUR TRICKS!"


Initiative rolls:

Chitleen 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Tarrar 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Daeron 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Surak 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Red robe 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Spotting trouble across the room, Surak commands Chitleen to look. Suddenly the crowd near the red robed figure disappears and he darts up the stairs.

Spellcraft DC 17:
Create Pit was cast.

Round 1.
Chitleen
Tarrar
Daeron
Surak
Red Robes

figure is about 30 feet across a crowded room and heading upstairs.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

No, you shall not escape, I have questions to ask of you. Also, take care friends, he has conjured a pit and you should watch your step.

Daeron voice starts to utter the arcane words of Grease, determined to prevent the red robed figure from ascending further up the stairs.

Cast Grease on stairs, intention to hinder the figure's escape.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

"Got him." the warrior bellows. Knowing that this man is not likely to be one of their friend, but still of value, the dwarf launches his hammer seeking to subdue the hooded miscreant. Aiming for the man's hip he hopes that no one else catches the whirling hunk of steel, but those are the breaks of battle.

Throwing hammer, non-lethal attempt 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 4 = 16
NL DMG 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

I suspect other modifiers are likely, but I applied the -4 for non-lethal damage. Please apply the rest or % for cover.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Round 1:

Chitleen's eyes narrow as he sets eyes upon the robed figure. Taking a leaf out of the burly dwarf's book he picks up the chair he was sitting on, dashing as close as he can before hurling the wooden seat at the figure...

Using Throw Anything to use the chair as an improvised missile weapon. Also attempting to get as close as possible with move action across crowded room.
Chair: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 8 ah fiddlesticks, half the time I try something cool the dice bot laughs pitilessly in my face.


Dwarf Cleric 2

Surak attempts to get through the crowd as close as he can, while drawing his crossbow. If he gets a clear shot, he intends to fire at the caster.

Crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12, damage 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


LOL. I really didn't expect you to start throwing furniture and hardware through the crowd :)

Thinking quickly if not thoroughly, Chitleen grabs his chair and throws it right into the panicked crowd. Tarrar's hammer flies over the tourist's heads, but the long shot misses and hits the bannister instead of its target.

The jostling crowd makes casting or movement difficult and Daeron holds his spell and Surak his freshly loaded crossbow bolt as the now furious mob turns on the adventurers. Through the flailing fists and angry red faces you see the red robes disappear upstairs.

I'll treat the mob as a swarm. You each take 5 hp non-lethal and DC 20 fort save or distracted/nauseated. Casting is a DC 20+spell level concentration check.

Round 2.
Chitleen
Tarrar
Daeron
Surak
Mob
Red Robes


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

Fort 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Having focused on his throw and not the crowd, Tararr is shocked for amoment at how little courage he crowd has. "Animals! the Lot of ya!" he roaras at the top of his lungs as he attempts to follow the man upsatirs while also avoiding the stampede.

Attempt to move through the crowd and give chase.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Fortitude: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

This is not meant to be.

Daeron takes a gut wrenching blow and exhales violently. Thinking of more to escape, he tries to head for the door outside, thinking of waiting out the red robe rather than be pummeled by an angry crowd.


Dwarf Cleric 2

Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Surak dodges the worst of the crowd, but still takes a few blows to the head. He makes his way towards the stairs as fast as he can.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Round 2:

Fort Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Sighing as the chaos wrought of a simple inexpertly thrown chair breaks out Chitleen is unable to defend himself from the slings and arrows of outraged patrons. Coughing and spluttering as he is bustled hither and thither he tries to make the stairs and safety.

5 non-lethal suffered


Determined to pursue the mysterious wizard, Chitleen and Tarrar push into the heart of the mob as angry people punch and grab at them. Surak follows behind, keeping his focus in the chaos and pulling ahead to the 10 foot wide pit at the base of the stairs and the injured people moaning twenty feet below.
Chitleen and Tarrar- 7 hp nonlethal, Surak- 3 hp nonlethal.

Daeron opts for an escape and heads out the front door to safety.

Round 2.
Chitleen
Tarrar
Daeron
Surak
Red Robes


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Round 2:

Fort Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Arms tucked in defence, Chitleen is able to stave off the worst of the mob's ministrations and charges through to the edge of the pit, attempting to leap across and away from the flying fists...

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Put in the acro just in case I've movement left for it.
12 non-lethal suffered, current HP 15/15

Edit: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7 - 7 damage from the fall and Chitleen is out for the count...


Dwarf Cleric 2

Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Can I see any way to get around the pit and get up the stairs?

22/22HP, 8NL


Chitleen- ouch. less Indiana Jones today than Sideshow Bob ; )

Surak- You could make your way around the stairs and climb up the bannister despite the grasping hands- Climb DC 5, while the mob attempts a grapple.


Dwarf Cleric 2

Sounds like a plan...

Climb: 1d20 ⇒ 2

Surak tries to climb the bannister, but the distraction from the crowd ruins even that simple action.

22/22HP, 8NL, AC19, CMD15


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Daeron would hang back, his bow's in his room and clothed in robes and a sheathed dagger, he'll be alert for anybody suspicious exiting or watching the inn.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Chitleen begins the sweet sleep of the unconcious the bruise that dealt the fatal blow to his state of wakefulness gradually blooming like a flower upon his cheek.

Yep - I think that qualifies as epic fail from Chitleen today... probably not going to endear him to the dwarves much...


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

Fort 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Seeing the elf hit the ground and realizing that these maniacs are going to put them down for the count if he stands over the limp elf with axe in hand and roars "Lay another hand on 'im an' I'll split ya like timber! Surak, we need to get outta here. That fella is gonna need to wait." Reaching down he hoist the elf and heads for the door.


Making it to the edge of the steps, two and an elf adventurers find a 10 foot wide magical pit blocking their way. Chitleen tries a frantic leap across the span, but grasping hands spoil his effort and he tumbles 20 feet to the bottom. Tarrar yells at the mob in defiance, but is pushed back toward the pit. no intimidate, eh? Tarrar- 9 hp nonlethal and DC 16 reflex save or tumble into the pit.

Surak pushes around to the side and attempts to climb over the railing, but again the mob pulls him back where he is kicked and punched. Surak-5 nonlethal.

Outside, Daeron keeps an eye on the exterior. Some passers-by have stopped to gawk at the noise coming from inside and yells for the Dawn Vigil echo through the street.

Round 3.
Chitleen
Tarrar
Daeron
Surak
Red Robes

651 to 700 of 4,080 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hungry Voodoo's Mines of Zolurket All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.