Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Hungry Voodoo's Mines of Zolurket (Inactive)

Game Master voodoo chili

In 4121 AR, the desert dwarves of the Barrier Wall Mountains sealed the famed Tar-Urkatha mine abruptly, saying only that one of the richest platinum mines in history had played out. Nearly six centuries later, the truth rises from the darkness.


551 to 600 of 4,080 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Daeron sends the dancing lights a little ways into what appears to be an old well. At the edge of the illumination some thirty feet below, you can just make out the broken kobld statue and some sort of alligator-sized reptilian thrashing at the bottom of the well.


to recap.

After you are all woken by a loud crash in the middle of the night, Chitleen, Daeron, and Shirish move to investigate. The dwareves seem far less concerned. Jerrand is still worn out from the trek through the hellish jungle and merely moans and rolls back over. Cortos mumbles something about letting falling rocks lie and returns to sleep as well.

The others soon find that something has set off the trapped agate statue of the kobold that Daeron warned you of earlier. By the dim illumination of a dancing lights cantrip, you find that a large reptile has fallen through the trap and into an old well. Too far away to clearly make out the creature, you definitely hear it thrashing loudly below.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Mulling over the way forward "Should we let it lie or attack? It may attract attention if it does not quiet, but to silence it will draw it's gaze upon us..."


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

If it is safely contained within the pit, then I would see no reason risk ourselves becoming inert as stone sculptures. Deploying arrows to quieten the beast would also provide some much useful practice and I have just the spell to make my arrows more potent than usual. I would think we would be at advantage due to the height and the darkness would confuse it more of our arrow's flight.

Looking at his fellow elf, Daeron adds in elven.

Pushing the dwarves in the pit would also suitably wake then up proper.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Chitleen smiles at his fellow elf, and waits for the counsel of Shirish at least before acting.


Shirish glances around for the biggest rock or brick she can find. "Won't be throwing my hammer at the thing," she grumbles. She hums softly as she hefts the weight of bricks in her huge hands.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Shrugging his shoulders and glancing briefly at the snoring dwarves, Chitleen nocks an arrow and aims for the writhing creature's behind...

Shortbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 for 1d6 ⇒ 3 +1 to each if within 30ft
1d100 ⇒ 14 - miss chance if needed.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

I will keep watch whilst you are kept occupied dispatching the creature below.

Daeron surveys the campsite perimeter, bow in hand and arrow nocked.


Deciding to dispatch the dangerous creature while they have a chance, Chitleen sends an arrow at the shadowy shape, but hears it hit rock instead.

there is a 20% miss chance for the elves, but its AC is further reduced due to the confined space and its injuries from the fall. Shirish' boulder will do 2d6 damage.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

After a slight shake of his head, Chitleen sends another arrow at the beast...

Shortbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 for 1d6 ⇒ 2 : +1 to each if within 30ft
1d100 ⇒ 62- miss chance


Chitleen hears his arrow hit and Shirish tosses a couple sizable bricks down the well and is rewarded by a bellow from below. Before she can grab another however, a high pitched voice yips from the darkness before the pyramid.

Draconic:
Who trespasses upon the domain of the all powerful Dragon Lord, Kirrup Brokenhorn?! Beware poachers and miscreants, this land has been claimed in the name of his imperial horninessby his faithful vassal, Byorki Burningeyes, Dragonblooded wizard of the Evergrowth and loyal servant of the Brokenhorn. Know thee that I carry the Nightclaw and command a legion of puissant archers. Beg for our mercy and you shall receive NONE!


Concealment chance 1d100 ⇒ 20 well...

Shirish tosses a rock into the pit, but other than making noise, accomplishes very little.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Not understanding the strange new language being spoken at him, Chitleen turns his attention towards the pyramid. He tries to focus through the gloom and discern who or what is speaking....

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Daeron stirs his bow towards the yipping challenge from beyond the darkness. Understanding the draconic speech hurled upon him, Daeron re-concentrates, splitting his dancing lights into 4 separate orbs, trying to provide some illumination into the pit below while forming a short chain of orbs to light up the area of the voice's vicinity.

In a low tone, Daeron translates the foreign tongue to Chitleen and Shirish. Suspicious of the voice's claim he tries to discern the truth behind them. Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Know local DC 6:
Given the high pitched Draconic and overblown tone, you are fairly certain you are dealing with kobolds.

Daeron- dancing lights need to be within 10' of each other, so no real range on that. You aren't sure what a Nightclaw is, but you think the claim of a legion of archers highly unlikely.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Raising an eyebrow as he recognizes the speaker as a kobold, Chitleen's hands move to his side. Retrieving his eyedropper he places some in his eyes and hisses in pain at the fluid takes hold.

Applying Cryptbreaker's Draught.


With darkvision you can see the nearby forest and ruins offer many places to hide, especially if you were a small crafty kobold.

DV and DC 18 perception:
Peering carefully in the direction of the voice, you see movement. Far short of a legion yet still far outnumbering you, perhaps a score of kobold archers get into position behind blocks and shrubs.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

As a whispered aside to Daeron "Brother, can you make those lights of yours appear as though a dragon?" Chitleen's eyes do not look away from the brush before him. Shouldering his bow, his arms go out to each side so as they are in view and non-threatening.


Shirish Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 giggity giggity, all right!

"AMBUSH!" Shirish roars. "Archers in the treeline!"


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Chitleen closes his eyes briefly and shakes his head Clearly diplomacy may not work today... before looking to see if the kobolds had taken the action as aggressive.


ok,then. sounds like Shirish is ready to go.

Chitleen can now see maybe a score of kobolds taking cover and drawing their bows.

Initiative rolls:

Chitleen 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Daeron 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Shirish 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Kobolds 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Init order-
Daeron
Shirish
kobolds
Chitleen


Shirish draws up her warhammer as part of her move action, and if possible will charge the creepy little jerks to draw their fire from the delicate elf man like creatures.

Shirish Warhammer Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 +2 if she gets to charge, if it hits she will deal 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 damage


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Tsk..I had considered the complexities of light shaping into a dragon before and would welcome the challenge it poses..but the die is cast.

Daeron considers awhile, before deciding the best course of action would to enhance the sole warrior's presence as well as draw attention away from himself.

Casts Enlarge Person on Shirish.

He shouts out a ruse in Draconic, intending to demoralize the ambushers.

Fear and quiver before the half-orc! Her size grows unbounded matched to her anger and surely you will all feel her wrath.

Bluff: 1d20 ⇒ 3


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Chitleen tenses in anticipation of a score of arrows perforating his skin...


Daeron casts his spell, but his bluff appears to have little effect on the haughty and numerous kobolds. A truly enormous Shirish moves forward as quickly as she can through the tangled roots and fallen blocks and swings her impressive hammer at a little lizard thing. The kobold is well covered behind a block however and her massive hammer is deflected with a shower of rock chips.

An instant later, a rain of arrows falls over her, but only five penetrate her armor.
Shirish-9 hp piercing. DC 15 fort save. AoO vs closest kobold.

Rnd 1- Chitleen
Rnd 2-
Daeron
Shirish
kobolds
Chitleen

map.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Round 1:

Springing into action, Chitleen dashes forwards and pitches a vial of alkahest into the midst of the kobolds...

Move to G,11 - aim at J,6 - 25ft range therefore -2 on throw.
Ranged Touch (with point blank shot): 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 - 2 = 11 for 1d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8 with 5 splash, DC13 for half.

"Try and thin their ranks quickly... we can ill afford to be surrounded."


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Indeed, though it would much be our giantess there who would be at risk rather than us.

Daeron draws a bead on his bow, aiming for the kobold at F5

attack ranged: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Chitleen's throw hooks badly left but leaves the closest two kobolds disabled from the resulting explosion. (J6, K7)

Daeron takes a shot in the dark and it lands in the bushes. dancing lights have a 15-20 ft range so you'll be shooting into dim light from where you are.

Shirish up.


Shirish Fort Save Vs. DC 15 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 of all the times to roll a 1...

Shirish AoO Attack with Warhammer 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 if she hits she will deal 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 damage, assuming whatever did not affect her strength...

assuming no strength damage...Shirish attacks the creature at D8 as he is closest to move in to flank.

Shirish Attack with Warhammer 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 if she hits she will deal 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 5) + 4 = 15 damage.

Current AC is 18.


Shirish crushes in the head of one of the archers as he attempts to fire at her, but her next blow is hindered as she feels an aching in her joints and muscles as poison burns into her system. -1 dex, DC 15 fort save again next round

The archers move back and fire again. AoO on D8. Only two hit the towering warrior this time and they barely penetrate her skin Shirish-2 non-lethal However a silvery gray ray originating from a robed kobold in the back suddenly strikes her and she feels weakened. Shirish-7 Str damage, DC 15 fort for half

Rnd 2- Chitleen
Rnd 3-
Daeron
Shirish
kobolds

map


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Chitleen continues to move forward so as to draw some fire away from Shirish, drawing and throwing another phial of acid as he approaches...

Move to G,8, then throw at F,4
Ranged Touch (with point blank shot): 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 - 4 = 6 neg 4 for cover for 1d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8 with 5 splash, DC13 for half

... shouting in elven to make them believe him more a threat "Venez vous reptiles chétif. Me combattre si vous avez la volonté."

Come you puny reptiles. Fight me if you have the will.


Daeron, Shirish, hello?


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Daeron skips at the pit edges, closing for a better shot before loosening off another shot.

elven: A spellcaster in their ranks! We should focus attacks on him, but there is no shortage of targets..

moves to J11
fire at D3
attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Sorry, I got pretty sick from jetlag this time around. I am surprised Shirish is still alive.

Shirish Fort Save vs Dex damage DC 15 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Shirish Fort Save to 1/2 Str Damage DC 15 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 Seems I spoke too soon...

Shirish Warhammer AoO1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 if she hits she will deal 1d8 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6 damage.


Daeron- anything beyond 30' will give you a 20% miss change, but you didn't beat AC anyway.

Daeron takes a shot at the dim point where the spell originated, but the arrow appears deflected. Shirish is definitely hindered by the poison and enfeebling ray, however her hammer still crushes an off guard kobold. Shirish down another- 1 Dex and another DC 15 fort save

Another volley of arrows fly over Shirish and she is hit by two more arrows. Shirish- 5 hp piercing The kobolds draw back around the caster who directs another spell against Shirish. Shirish-DC 15 will save or frightened.

Rnd 3- Chitleen
Rnd 4-
Daeron
Shirish
kobolds

map


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Chitleen maneuvers in front of Shirish to get a clear sight line and lets fly with another vial of potent liquid...

Move to F,7, then throw at F,4
Ranged Touch (with point blank shot): 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 - 4 = 5 neg 4 for cover for 1d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7 with 5 splash, DC13 for half

...though his aim is once again awry.

Thanks for keeping em bunched up for me boss.... I'm trying but the dice ain't liking it :)


Shirish Status:

-7 Str for 11, attack bonus is now +2, bonus damage is 0
-2 Dex for 12, loses 2 weapon fighting, AC is 17 because she is enlarged.

HP -14/18 lethal damage, -2 Non lethal damage

Shirish Fort vs. DC 15 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Shirish Will vs. Fear DC 15 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

On her turn, Shirish will run screaming in terror from whomever cast the spell on her, provoking AoO from any who threaten her. Unless she gets to spend a withdraw action, because she might live then.


Chitleen's bomb goes over the head of his target inflicting widespread damage all around and still leaving his target and his neighbor barely able to stand. The kobold spell has its intended effect and even though the poison has run its course, Shirish feels her resolve fail and she retreats from the scaly little freaks.

Shirish- not panicked, nor threatened for the moment so you will just withdraw to safety, but don't have to keep running.
just waiting for Daeron.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Daeron continues a step forward, trusting his keen elven senses to make the most use of the light source he has. Watching his brethren overshoot his target, Daeron fires off an arrow to take the kobold down.

moves to E8
attack F4: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 = 23
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
low light? = 1d5 ⇒ 2


Daeron drops his target and though they retreat further, the kobolds turn their bows on the elves. Though only a few arrows hit, they are telling. A bolt of acid flies from the leader at the back of the line and strikes Chitleen burning him and continuing to smolder.
Chitleen-6 piercing + 5 acid, Daeron-6 piercing

Rnd 4- Chitleen
Rnd 5-
Daeron
Shirish
kobolds

map.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Round 4: 4/15 HP

Taking the blows and looking at the kobold that remain still standing Chitleen does the only thing that he thinks may result in him staying alive.... surrender. Calling to Daeron in Elvish "We cannot win this day brother..." Chitleen falls to his knees and holds his hands outstretched to the side to show he has no further foul intent. The acid continues to burn in his shoulder crossing his face with a grimace of pain.

Few nice rolls might have swung it different, but when Shirish decided that 3 vs 20 was good odds I figured we were up against it...


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Surveying the scene before him, Daeron bitterly concurs. A score or more arrows fully directed at him would bring him down, now his brethren elf has surrendered his arms and being the lesser target.

Nodding, Daeron drops his weapons and addresses the kobolds in Draconic.

You have outdone us, Byorki Burningeyes and would have done the master proud. His horniness would be glad to have you in his service, as have we completed our services to him as contracted. His horniness would rest safe to know his land's defences are in good hands. Our job to test his kingdom's defenses is complete.

Bluff: 1d20 ⇒ 18


Chitleen collapses as the conjured acid burns him further before fading away. -5 more points Leaving Daeron alone to lie for his life.

"What is this of tests?! The Brokenhorn is cunning, but he would never deal with the soft peoples!" The words are certain, but the tone a bit less so.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

-1/15 HP
Stabilization Roll: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2 - failed; now -2/15 HP

Chitleen slumps to the ground and his lifeblood slowly ebbs away...


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Draconic:

His horniness's cunning would be beyond our reckoning indeed. We never dealt directly either, only that we were tasked to perform at our best as it was assured our task would be momentous given the quality of his servants. I suspect current high favor would ebb if too much thought is directed at his horniness's motives. Now if I may be excused, my colleague needs to be attended and so should you, see to the trapped creature in the pit.

Bluff: 1d20 ⇒ 16


From the massed kobolds in the darkness, Daeron hears a snort,

Draconic:
"Then gather your wounded as proof of Byorki Burningeyes' prowess. Leave now and tell the most majestic and unquestioningly glorious Dragonlord of the Evergrowth of his faithful and useful instrument Byorki Burningeyes, viceroy of the Sparadyn and tamer of the stone lizards!"


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

*bows*

Draconic: Your prowess shall be sung far and wide, o Viceroy, be assured.

Daeron scuttles over to his fallen brethren, ignoring the grouped kobolds before trying his best to revive Chitleen.

Heal: 1d20 ⇒ 71d20 ⇒ 81d20 ⇒ 41d20 ⇒ 41d20 ⇒ 17 That's 5 tries..did you die yet Chitleen?

Hauling Chitleen over his shoulder, Daeron collects the arms and weapons, unstringing the bows before adjusting his pack to accommodate the loads he would be transporting.

Daeron's max carry is 350lbs or drag 875 lbs..


hopfully Chitleen can stabilize before all that. Shirish will be back on round 4.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Stabilization: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2
Stabilization: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (15) - 3 = 12 - stable at -3 HP

Chitleen's bleeding seems to slow and he carries out a remarkably good impression of a sack of potatoes as Daeron hauls him away.


You retreat back toward the camp and find Shirish skulking there still a tad nervous. The dwarves sleep blissfully on. It is quite possible that this pair finds the crash of battle somewhat soothing.

551 to 600 of 4,080 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hungry Voodoo's Mines of Zolurket All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.